PDA

View Full Version : Kairi's shoes (KH1)

LovelessKairi
08-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi hi ^^

sorry if Im not posting this in the right place or etc. Im just doing this in a hurry ^^;;;;

Anyways I was wondering if these shoes would work http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1760918 for KH1 Kairi. But theres no white ones....>.< only brown and black! Is there a way to um "bleach" them? Then paint...?

Thanks in advance

meg

Kairi_Heartless
08-16-2006, 01:05 PM
You could either paint them or make bootcovers out of white fabric or pleather. I'd prefer bootcovers, so you can make the shoes a lot bigger as they are right now since Kairi's shoes are pretty huge ^^

darknessorlight
08-16-2006, 01:28 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kingdom-Hearts-Kairi-Cosplay-shoes-costume-size-US-8_W0QQitemZ130017034299QQihZ003QQcategoryZ1345QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem This may be kinda wierd but on ebay they are selling a pair of her shoes. I wouldn't if you already bought those though.Just go to this website.

Serey-chan
08-16-2006, 01:34 PM
You wouldn't be able to bleach those shoes--they're plastic/leather/whatever. ^^;;

What I would suggest is finding a pair of Crocs like these:

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-13-4-endeavor.aspx?reqid=13&reqProdTypeId=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

and then covering them with fabric. Make the covers and then seal them on the shoes with caulk or hot glue (hot glue won't work as well though). Hope this helps! ^^

P.S.: Those eBay shoes look like extremely shoddy workmanship. >_> You can see the uneaven paint job if you look at the side view. And I think the little thing on the top of Kairi's shoes is a zipper, not a stop tie.

cherry_starr
08-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Yeah i agree the crocs would be a good idea, because they would be alot easier to work with than a leather shoe would be. And then you can get the white ones and not have to worry about painting/covering the bottom of the shoe.

And yeah, the ones on ebay dont look like they are made very well =\
You can definately see the uneven paint job!

darknessorlight
08-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Yeah they don't look like they are made very well.(Sorry)

LovelessKairi
08-16-2006, 01:50 PM
thanks everyone ^^ i prolly will buy those crocs and make covers for them so their nice and big like Kairis^.^

cherry_starr
08-16-2006, 02:06 PM
The other day someone was asking about Sora's shoes, and someone referred them to a tutorial in a member's gallery... It could possibly help you out because they showed the steps they went through to create the Sora shoe! And Kairi's would probably be very similar to make, only different in shape.
Here is the link to that in case it interests you: Sora Shoe Tutorial (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=39244&member=15991)

LovelessKairi
08-16-2006, 02:15 PM
thanx thatll help alot!

cherry_starr
08-16-2006, 03:34 PM
And I think the little thing on the top of Kairi's shoes is a zipper, not a stop tie.

No she definately didnt have a zipper on her origonal Kingdom Hearts Shoes!
It was infact a... stop tie?? Is that what they are called? xD
Kairi Shot (http://www.superhappyfuntimestore.com/images/kairiStanding.jpg)
I think the stitching is just deceiving sometimes.

Serey-chan
08-17-2006, 01:51 AM
Yeah they don't look like they are made very well.(Sorry)

Meh, s'okay! ^^ I just have this incredible eye for paintjobs that are uneven. ^^;; I called out the people who painted my friend's house once. They reeeally hated me afterwards. XD

But anyway, there are also some other crocs that I believe are bigger, but have holes in them. But you can easily cover those. ^^ I think bigger ones would be better for the overall look--everyone in KH has big shoes! XD

And I have no idea if the technical term is "stop tie" or not. XD Just a fun word I made up a log time ago. Hey, you knew what I was talking about! XD

And what do you know, it isn't a zipper!

http://c-uncut.com/media/kh-kairi.jpg

But... it's not a gold stop tie! >_> ... <_<;; Sorry...

cherry_starr
08-17-2006, 02:18 AM
I think the crocs with holes are the same size as the ones without. I'm not going by the website though... They have become really popular on the pool deck lately as deck shoes (random fact=im a swimmer!!), although the ones most swimmers buy i think are cheaper than $35, or so i think... but i have never noticed a size difference between the ones with holes and the ones without. Although i may be wrong xD

RibboNsAndLaCes
08-18-2006, 12:39 PM
First of all, I love your effin avitar XD

Second, they sell Kairi's KH1 shoes on ebay for about 50 dollars if I'm right. If you go to customized cosplay shops, like www.limebarb.com, she can make them for you too, either poofy or not poofy.

Serey-chan
08-18-2006, 12:47 PM
I would be careful of LimeBarb--I've heard some horror stories. >_> Secondly, I've seen croc-like shoes at Target, if you have those around. ^^

LovelessKairi
08-18-2006, 05:24 PM
First of all, I love your effin avitar XD

Second, they sell Kairi's KH1 shoes on ebay for about 50 dollars if I'm right. If you go to customized cosplay shops, like www.limebarb.com, she can make them for you too, either poofy or not poofy.

^^ thx. this avatar is kawaii =3 and prolly true lol. Yea I looked at Limebarb awhile ago...and Ill consider ordering from them ^^ thx, I forgot bout that site.

LovelessKairi
08-18-2006, 05:26 PM
I would be careful of LimeBarb--I've heard some horror stories. >_> Secondly, I've seen croc-like shoes at Target, if you have those around. ^^

***sorry for double posting*** Horror stories? Could u tell me one? Just so I can make a actual decision before ordering ^^;; Oooh really at target? Thanks ::heads off to target:: ^^ Ill def. check there for the crocs if I dont end up gettin the shoes comissioned ^^;;

Serey-chan
08-18-2006, 10:00 PM
A friend of mine directed me to this site when I mentioned I was thinking of commissioning a wig from her:

http://www.greatideasinc.com/gi-linkpartners03.htm

Some crazy stuff in there. I kinda skipped over all the flames and read the ones that were rational. But you'd think that with all these people complaining there's something up... >_>;;

LovelessKairi
08-18-2006, 11:08 PM
wow...thnx for postin that link. Im shocked at how bad shes been treating people!! Im def. not ordering from there for sure now. Thanks.

Serey-chan
08-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I was kinda shocked too. >_> I'm glad that I found it though, before I forked over $125 for a poorly styled wig.

Leiko Yume
08-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I think shoe covers are the way to go. A few weeks ago I noticed I had some shoes that look similar to Kairi's KH shoes so, I decided to fix them up just for fun. I just painted right on the shoe. They look Really cool. But they aren't walking worthy... I used a sealing and it just came off. Perhaps I just need better Sealing, but I would really go with the covers.

OH! Something I learned about e-bay: It's not always such a great idea to buy things such as shoes from there. *hits head* Good Luck!

calliecat
08-24-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm working on making a pair for my friend soni right now, I just found an old pair of clogs i had- they had stuff on it so I used a seam ripper to take off the decorations.

Then I spray Painted them white and painted on the purple designs. Actually If you spray paint evenly, it can look really good, you just have to be careful to seal it and to use the right kind of spray paint.

Yea- those ones on ebay aren't accurate at ALL. i dont know what picture they were looking at- the soles are white not silver, and its light purple and dark purple not light purple and TEAL. *sigh* ok sue me i like to be accurate.

good luck! and if you possibly wanted me to make you a pair let me know, I will post the pics of the shoes once I'm done and link them here if you wish.