PDA

View Full Version : planning a road trip to Youmacon. Is anyone else going??

Chisau
08-17-2006, 02:23 AM
I'm planning a road trip to go to Youmacon (http://www.youmacon.com/) the weekend after Halloween. (november 3rd).

I live in the Dowtown Toronto Area and the anime convention is in Detroit Michigin. I will pass Kichiner and London area and most likely spend a day in Detroit after the convention.

Is anyone else planning on going to this convetion??

Kia
08-17-2006, 09:58 AM
There are about 3 car loads of us from the GTA heading to Youma this year. We've been planing it on and off for months. Glad to know we'll see more of us Canadians invading their con. ^_^

Chibik3r0
08-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Yeah, as Kia said before me, there's a least a dozen of us invading Youmacon this year in at least 3 cars it seems so far. Only three of us went last year and had a blast so we've done nothing but pimp this con to all of our friends. I'm REALLY looking forward to it ^_^ I think I finally have my costume plans figured out too.

Chisau
08-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Wow...3 cars full......

We should get together an plan something. It's much cheaper if we go as a large group instead of bunch of small groups.

are you guys going to CNX as well??

Chibik3r0
08-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Most, if not all of us, should be at CNX.

Although for Youmacon, we've already got full cars and full hotel rooms (we had to book two to fit everyone DX). It'd be cool to have a Canadian meetup at the con but in terms of heading down there, I think we've already got everyone and everything figured out ^_^

Chisau
08-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Most, if not all of us, should be at CNX.

Although for Youmacon, we've already got full cars and full hotel rooms (we had to book two to fit everyone DX). It'd be cool to have a Canadian meetup at the con but in terms of heading down there, I think we've already got everyone and everything figured out ^_^

no prob, so far it's only me a one of my friend that is going.
we are thinking of renting a car. but for 2 people the cost is a bit too much, not to mention a little gay. We are also hopeing to spend some time and do the tourist thing in detorit after the convention. So we are looking for 2 more people that are intrested to join in.

Oreo_Otaku
09-22-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm carpooling people from Chicago and picking up a person from Grand Rapids, MI. Then we're off to the con! It's gonna be a tight fit though. I might have 6-7 people going in my car