PDA

View Full Version : Costume Curiousity

Sukida
03-13-2003, 01:57 AM
Just curious what others intended to cos/crossplay at Yaoi Con this year..

I've been tossing about the idea of crossplaying Mamiya from Utena.

-Sukida

Michi
03-13-2003, 02:02 AM
Mwee. I'm not going to be there for long, but I'll probably be superfemme Billy Kane from Fatal Fury. (Not purposefully superfemme, but I'm not rough enough for someone like Billy XD) That is, if my friend makes it as Geese Howard. If not... I dunno yet. ^_^; Depends on if any groups form~ ^^

aonceu
03-14-2003, 04:04 PM
Anyone want to cosplay with me?

Michi
03-14-2003, 11:09 PM
Uwaa. XD How interesting, aonceu! At the first YaoiCon in '01 I cosplayed as Nikki on Saturday and Zell on Sunday. XD Good luck!!

aonceu
03-15-2003, 02:55 AM
Zell and Nikki too, eh? Thats funny.

Where are your Nikki pictures?

Michi
03-15-2003, 05:14 AM
No ~ We were travelling back and forth from my house and not staying at the hotel, so it was only one costume per day for me that year. ^_^ But I have cosplayed Squall, just not at Yaoi Con, hehehe.

There aren't many good photos of Nikki, so I don't make them available. ^^; I'll have some after Anime Expo, I hope.. I need to fix it up and wear it again. :o

Karisu-sama
03-15-2003, 05:58 AM
Michi, you make a good Squall. ^___^
Well, I'll expect to see you at Y-con then (at least in the lobby or on the stairs), if not before, since I don't think we've actually met.

[EDIT]
<~~~ I'm gonna be that guy (as usual), and I don't know who else yet...

Michi
03-15-2003, 06:45 AM
Yes! I've seen you around but we've yet to meet. Certainly at a con this year~ ^___^

Starherd
03-20-2003, 02:19 AM
Last year, I was the full-time Muraki, wandering around with a full-time Watari and Tsuzuki, as well as two other Tsuzukis and a Hisoka and a Tatsumi... and then one of the other Tsuzukis became a Muraki for a while, and we eventually encountered another Watari...

*brain boggles*

All Yami no Matsuei (Descendents of Darkness) costumes, sorry.
This year...
I have no idea if I'll actually get there or not,
as I'm due to spawn around, well, YaoiCon weekend.
But if anything, look for the Very Pregnant Muraki on Saturday...

-Starherd
(who worships Karisu-sama's Dilandau... worships worships worships...)

Karisu-sama
03-20-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Starherd
I have no idea if I'll actually get there or not,
as I'm due to spawn around, well, YaoiCon weekend.
But if anything, look for the Very Pregnant Muraki on Saturday...

Whee! Congratulations!! ^____^ (Been there, done that, have a 6th grader & 3rd grader now...)
I hope the kidlet waits long enough for Mom to enjoy the con! ^___^
Originally posted by Starherd
-Starherd
(who worships Karisu-sama's Dilandau... worships worships worships...)
Awwwww..... thanksies *very non-Dilandau-like blushblush*
I shall make sure to glomp you veeeeery carefully if you make it Y-con! ^___^

ElleHazard
03-20-2003, 08:44 AM
Depends on the schedule of the con what order these will be in, but I'll have a Mana (from Malice Mizer) costume, a Rosiel (from Angel Sanctuary) costume, and a Wufei (from Gundam Wing) costume - ^^ since the GW part of the yaoi fandom was my reason for liking it in te first place.

Definitely looking forward to spotting you in the lobby, Michi. And of course seeing Karisu-sama's awesome Dilandau up close!
:love:

Michi
03-20-2003, 09:08 AM
Yes. ^^ I'll be hanging out everywhere I can. XD; Which Mana are you doing, Ivy? o.o

Karisu-sama
03-20-2003, 04:55 PM
Aie-za; hope I live up to my reputation!

...Am I the ONLY one who likes Yaoi who has never actually SEEN Gundam?? :p

ElleHazard
03-20-2003, 05:14 PM
Michi: clicky clicky (Mana) (http://www.geocities.com/elle_hazard/cosplay/mal1.html) *looks at Kami* Hmm... that looks familiar, eh?

Karisu-sama: What's funny is there's a new crop of Gundam Wing yaoi fans who've never actually seen it either. :toothy:

Michi
03-20-2003, 05:46 PM
Ooooh! That one! I want to do the matching Kami someday.. though I know I'd never have it in time for YaoiCon unless it was commissioned. :P But I'll be taking lots of photos! ^____^

Eurobeat King
03-20-2003, 05:47 PM
I'll most likely wear my bishonen costumes at Y-con 2003 like I did last year, which are:

Shinji (Evanegelion)
Tsuzuki (Yami no Matsuei)
Saitou (Rurouni Kenshin)
Trowa Barton (Gundam Wing)
Trowa Barton (Endless Waltz version) This will be fun to see what kind of yaoi pics I will get while cosplaying as a nazi-boyscout.. :thumbsup: It's all about those shorts and knee-high socks.. hehe

aonceu
03-21-2003, 06:30 PM
How much are single day passes?

Alaria
04-17-2003, 09:49 PM
Hmm, I know for one of the days Lord Masamune and I are either doing him as KH Sephiroth and me as KH Cloud (which can make for some interesting pics, lol) or him as Wall Market Cloud and me as regular FFVII cloud

Michi
04-17-2003, 10:08 PM
Eeeeee Alaria that's so awesome. XD I'm getting lots of photos of those. ^____^

PikminLink
05-09-2003, 12:47 AM
well....okay....im not promising anything.....but if i do go.....(if) ....ill be wearing link....or oni link....^^

Psychotic Jei
05-10-2003, 07:29 PM
I am bringing. Lemme think.

Asato Tsuzuki (is for the masq)
Folken (*dread making costume*) the things I do to keep from getting put in intensive care. >_>
Sol Badguy
Seto Kaiba I think thats it. Whoo. Now I just need to decide on the hotel situation...and the reg.

ambitiousmiyavi
05-12-2003, 01:58 PM
yay! i can finally go this year. sucked last year cause my b-day was like a month after...

so gonna cosplay sanzo
yuki
rosiel
.....hopefully....*runs off to find more money*

Widow
05-13-2003, 08:17 PM
I think I might be stuck cosplaying Melissa Mao from Full Metal Panic for a small angry person who insists that I owe him, for some insane reason. (He acts like that whole episode ended up with him in the hospital or something! >o ! ) I'll probably have Shinji and Tessa from the same show with me.

:) On the other hand, this is a good chance for me to slum around in ratty clothes and be even more obnoxious than I will be as Dilly. Hurrah!

vyrax778
05-14-2003, 02:57 PM
IF I get the money so i can go ill do Shuichis schoolgirl outfit :-D
thats about all I got so far as I broke and pretty sure i cant make it this year :(.

Teteiyusu
05-14-2003, 06:59 PM
I plan to be Shuichi from" Gravitation", and Count D from "Pet Shop Of Horrors"

I'm also planning on being Okita from "Rurouni Kenshin", thats if more money comes my way! *laughs*

Michi
05-14-2003, 07:05 PM
I realize I haven't actually replied to this thread with my costume list. ^^; That's because it's so far off! I think I'll be wearing T.M.Revolution since my friend doing Geese can't make it... but I dunno.. bahhh..

Widow
05-15-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Teteiyusu
I plan to be Shuichi from" Gravitation", and Count D from "Pet Shop Of Horrors"

I'm also planning on being Okita from "Rurouni Kenshin", thats if more money comes my way! *laughs*

:P The haircut that Karisu gave me, according to the same silly person who wants me to cosplay Mao, makes me look like Judy from Gravi. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Should I be insulted? Or just hope I find myself an ARK? ^_~

Karisu-sama
05-15-2003, 12:15 AM
Phooey, no liketh the haircut? :(

Hah hah, I always get K on Gravi quizzes - maybe then I'd have an excuse to cosplay him... :p

Widow
05-15-2003, 12:32 AM
I love Mr. K. Can you speak his Engrish? ^__^ I already know you're loud enough. :o Don't yell at me I say it out of love and with much respect for your commanding voice of authority or something.

I love my new haircut, thankyouverymuch. I'm thinking of going red again, for fun, too. It's just the paralell to Judy that worries me. :P She's not a female character that I like (and I like very few of them) so I have to protest.

Karisu-sama
05-15-2003, 01:59 AM
I'd have to practice on the Engrish - I don't remember K's Engrish well enough from the few eps I saw in Japanese (and not at all from the buncha episodes I saw in CHINESE wiith really crappity English subs!), since I only get to see Gravitation episodes at a con or when someone is nice enough to screen 'em for me (both few and far between :( )

I agree about the female characters. The heck with the hair; YOU cosplay Ark! :p Or whatever...

Widow
05-15-2003, 05:32 PM
Ack, no! I couldn't pull off Lurch. ARK is one of those guys that can really only be pulled off by a guy. I've never seen a female in my life that could believably crossplay him.

:3 And if you want the episodes, I can always burn them for you....

Karisu-sama
05-15-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Widow
Ack, no! I couldn't pull off Lurch. ARK is one of those guys that can really only be pulled off by a guy. I've never seen a female in my life that could believably crossplay him. I was KIDDING! I wouldn't crossplay him either!

:3 And if you want the episodes, I can always burn them for you....
Oooooooh, yessy! *bounce* :3

Widow
05-17-2003, 12:20 PM
I spun CD-R's like a possessed DJ last night, just for you~

Why do I think I've seen Michi in a Xelloss costume? I'm going to have to go through your gallery again and check, Michi. Maybe I'm off my rocker today....

Michi
05-17-2003, 12:28 PM
Me Xelloss what? o_o; One of my exes cosplays Xelloss. >_>

Karisu-sama
05-18-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Widow
I spun CD-R's like a possessed DJ last night, just for you~

Really?
<3 !!!! ^_______^

Karisu-sama
05-19-2003, 03:47 AM
For Yaoi-con I expect I shall have available to borrow: 2 Ryuugekitai uniforms, designed for 5'1 to 5'2-ish DragonSlayers, hips ~34" max or so. (Note: getcher own black pants.)

While the Zaibach Army accepts middle-school-age minions (my daughter and niece) they are obviously a tad young to go to Y-con with me. ^__^ Perhaps Widow and I can recruit some other "volunteers", heh heh...

Michi
05-19-2003, 05:11 AM
Rrrr. My hips are only 34".. and I'm 5'5". Would that work? >_>

Karisu-sama
05-19-2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Michi
Rrrr. My hips are only 34".. and I'm 5'5". Would that work? >_>

It may indeed, although I'd rather test for fit BEFORE the con if possible. ^^ I tried to design 'em so they could be let out / lengthened etc., since kids do GROW... and they're based off my own jacket (my hips are 36", and I'm almost 5'9". Although my 5'4" husband calls me a skinny runt. :p )

Michi
05-19-2003, 08:00 AM
I'm certain that such can be arranged. :3

Psychotic Jei
05-21-2003, 07:34 PM
:: keeps staring at Folken arm :: It makes me sad. :: goes off to finish everything else :: AX...too close...not enough...time...

Karisu-sama
05-21-2003, 09:11 PM
I've always wondered how much of the Folken arm can be done with artful application of body paint, before putting on an "overskeleton" of the wiring & a few plates.

Widow
05-22-2003, 12:02 AM
Yes, Jei, let us paint your body.

We will be gentle.

:o You know I'm a nice person and can be trusted!

Psychotic Jei
05-22-2003, 12:04 AM
Hn...talking about like...a partly finished sort of thing? :; trying to imagine it ::

TsukiGuujin
05-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Wuh, I can't believe I *JUST NOW* started reading this thread.

I, like so many other girls, will be Duo Maxwell for Yaoi Con.
I've already got waaaaaaaay too many pictures of me as Duo (it's my favorite thing to wear to school XD) but that's ok.

My fiance is a deadringer for Heero, so Yaoi Con is perfect to wear those costumes at.

We might do other stuff, like, if I win the lottery by then.

I hope to have my Shinigami costume done (original design...OMG something I don't think I've seen yet regarding GW!!!) by Yaoi-Con, but it might have to wait until next year.

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

ShingoBunny
05-26-2003, 07:37 PM
I so want to go to Yaoi Con so bad.... T__T Wish I could... I know that I'm going to go next year with my girl...I hope XDD; If I do go, I'm bringing Shingo and Kyo with me.

elfinder
06-05-2003, 11:19 AM
I might go to yaoi con this year, it's like a 50%-50% chance or so, I probably will though hehe.

If I do go here are the costumes I'll bring. I'll probably bring all crossplay ones hee hee.

Allen Schezar from Escaflowne
Prince Yuki from Fruits Basket
Shuichi school girl from Gravitation
Ayame from Fruits Basket

And for the sake of it I'll probably bring one of my FFX-2 costumes hehe.

So is the con worth it? I'd be coming from BC Canada so it better be!

Michi
06-05-2003, 11:30 AM
If you're coming all the way from Canada, I'd take the time to visit the rest of San Francisco (wonderful city!!).. ^^; YaoiCon's only in its third year.. I dunno how it was last year, but in '01 it was very nice with a welcoming atmosphere... Good fun panels, too. :D

elfinder
06-05-2003, 01:14 PM
yeah we're going down for a 6 day trip, so it's like a general trip that will include yaoi con hehe.

Michi
06-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Very good plan, then~ :D!

Karisu-sama
06-07-2003, 05:04 AM
Yaoi-con in '02 was great! A must-go-back con! (And I am!)

Oh, pleasey-pleasey-pleasey bring your Allen Shezar costume! :devil:
I soooo love to pick on Allen, heh heh heh.... :p

SohjiroX
06-07-2003, 06:17 AM
I'll be back there I know but if my van outfit for fanime and AX go good than I will bring it to yaoi con even though its not really yaoi'ish, but I will be taking Tatsumi Seiichiro to yaoi con again.

TsukiGuujin
06-07-2003, 10:56 AM
>>If I do go here are the costumes I'll bring. I'll probably bring all crossplay ones hee hee.

Good idea. ^^
It would be kind of weird to be walking around Yaoi Con as a girl. O_o;

>>And for the sake of it I'll probably bring one of my FFX-2 costumes hehe.

I seriously reccomend sticking to boy costumes, since it IS Yaoi Con, and well, it's Yaoi-full.
I again say how weird it would be to be walking around that particular con dressed as a girl. O_o;

>>If you're coming all the way from Canada, I'd take the time to visit the rest of San

Agreed completely.
I used to live outside of San Francisco, it really is a great place to visit. ^^

~~Tsuki~~

Michi
06-07-2003, 10:58 AM
There've been female character cosplayers at YaoiCon. :p Like the Utena Bride I saw at '01. *shrugs* But I prefer to be male characters there.. with a reason. o.O

TsukiGuujin
06-07-2003, 11:05 AM
I'm sure there have been.
I guess it just makes more SENSE to me to be dressed as a male character, even if you're not part of a yaoi pairing, y'know?

elfinder
06-07-2003, 11:41 AM
Heh yeah I probably will mainly just bring male costumes ^^ which is fine cause I got a bunch planned. Of course I'll bring Allen Karisu-sama hee hee. Well...... if it's done, I will start working on it in august.

I really hope I can go! Sounds like a fun con, I can get doujin too wheee.

Michi
06-07-2003, 11:43 AM
What about boyish girl characters? Sailormoon's Haruka at YaoiCon? Mwaha. FFIX's Kuja at YuriCon?!?! *dies* Okay maybe not.. I'll stick to boys of all sorts at YaoiCon.. :3

elfinder
06-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Kuja is a guy........ so heck he'd work for Yaoi Con hehe. Actually he's like perfect actually hehe.

I am gonna have fun wearing the Shuichi school girl uniform from gravitation. Cause like I'll be crossplaying but wearing a skirt hee hee

TsukiGuujin
06-08-2003, 12:40 AM
>>Okay maybe not.. I'll stick to boys of all sorts at YaoiCon.. :3

*snrrrrrrrrrrrrk*
I'm only doing boy costumes for Yaoi Con.
Not that that MEANS anything coming from ME. I'm only doing boy costumes for every con. XD

>>Kuja is a guy........ so heck he'd work for Yaoi Con hehe. Actually he's like perfect actually hehe.

^^
Kuja is a really good choice.

>>Cause like I'll be crossplaying but wearing a skirt hee hee

It's still crossplaying.
Like my Mana costume. It's a dress, but it still COUNTS as crossplay.
Woo, gender bending!

~~Tsuki~~

Michi
06-08-2003, 05:58 AM
Yeah, I was supposed to be Kuja at YaoiCon '01 but it didn't happen.. Actually, I DID wear Nikki/Slash from Chrono Cross that year, and he's almost girlier than Kuja. XD

I'll probably be T.M.Revolution (yay for effeminate Jpop singers in fruity outfits!) and Kusanagi Kyo at this year's YaoiCon.