PDA

View Full Version : Breaking from AWA for JapanFest?

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Is anyone gonna swing by JapanFest during the weekend?

This is out of complete curiousity because i know i will probably break from the con and go to JF with my University's Japanese Club.

If you're going, are you cosplaying?

I doubt i'm going to cosplay. The most I'll do is wear my Kenshin tanktop and some jeans o.O

*this is all if there isn't anything at the con i want to do :) i guess it's 'boredom insurance'

Visual_Kei101
08-20-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm going to try and go inbetween the con cosplay contest and my photo shoot. where is it? ><u

reannaremick
08-20-2006, 06:17 PM
I would love to go because I haven't been in years, but I doubt I'll have time. :/ I miss Japan Fest, I wish they would schedule it to be a different weekend.

YunaLenne
08-21-2006, 12:34 AM
I will be going on sunday ^_^ Not sure what time though =/ I will be cosplaying again ^_~.Last year I went as Summoner Yuna.It was major fun!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-21-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm not exactly sure on the location of JF, but my Jap.Club president says it's not too far from the con. (which is why we are all trying to go). I will probably try Saturday early....since Sunday i will be trying to drive 6 hrs. back home o.O

「Hydra」
08-21-2006, 04:46 PM
http://www.japanfest.org/

Its at Stone Mountain

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Not familiar with ATL (or GA for that matter). Where is Stone Mountain? and how far is it from the con hotel? (i could probably use map quest, but i'd rather here it from fellow cosplayers because they use short cut distances and such. MQ always does the long way...)

ako-chan79
08-22-2006, 07:40 AM
I live in GA and right next to the convention center ^_^ (Luv it since they've had it at the same place for a couple years now!) The drive to Stone Mountain Park will take you between 30 -40 min. (depending on how fast you drive) but it's all highway so its not bad.

Not sure if I'm going yet.... I went last year on Sunday and while it was fun, I felt like I was missing out on the convention a bit. Not sure...

See you at AWA!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-22-2006, 01:34 PM
30-40 minutes? Hmm...That's quite a drive. So now i'm not so sure if i am going to attempt to go. My Jap.Club will probably still make the trek seeing as how the Japanese Exchange Students are super excited about the fest.

SaccharineDream
08-23-2006, 02:50 PM
I live within a couple of miles of "the mountain" so I can say for sure it is 30-40 minutes of highway. I have to tell ya, if you do cosplay, make sure you wear something that you can walk in, because even on slower days, you might have to walk a bit through the parking lot. Also, the pathways are kind of cobblestone-y, and many parts of the park are hilly. Soo... yeah, I just wanted to warn you guys ^^ I am not going though.

R-chan
08-25-2006, 04:14 PM
woot for japanfest! I went there sunday last year. And this year I'll be there again on Sunday!

RyeCrimsonMoon
08-25-2006, 09:46 PM
JAPAN FEST! :D I'll be there (Fo' free yo!)!

Oh, I work at Stone Mountain, so if y'all need help getting there/around/anything about it, just ask. ^_^

Last I checked, it was $5 a person (though that was last year. If it went up, it would be either $7.50 or $8.55)

JapanFest is not at Crossroads, its where the Yellow Daisy is. Its actually a wooded area with a lot of roots and not very finished, so good shoes are nice. Oh, and I'm not cosplaying XD Though I should then go jump my friends at the Ticket Plaza. :P