PDA

View Full Version : Progress Thread

livvylove
08-20-2006, 07:51 PM
So how far along are you with your cosplays

This weekend was pretty productive Adam and I shopped for all the final things we will need for our cosplays and bought as much as we could. We even talked about AWA 2007's plans and came up with a cute Idea.

Today I got the ponytail for my Jasmine wig about 75% done. I just need to find a way to make the bottom look like Jasmines without the hair going crazy and moving around.

Let's see last weekend I got Ukyo's shirt close to being done. I need to attach the collar and do a few modifications to it to make it fit right.

So what all have you gotten done for your cosplays?

darknessorlight
08-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Well for my Kairi costume I have the shoes,bracelets,and necklace. I am almost done with the dress and I need the keyblade & hairdye so it is taking a while but everything is going good so far.

YunaLenne
08-21-2006, 01:32 AM
My Gun Mage Yuna costume is finished except for making the boot covers & my Sakura costume (Street Fighter) only needs to have the skirt made ^_^ I did get around to finishing Wallmarket Aerith ^_^ I had to order the Yuna & Sakura ones though,because I am not able to sew that well yet.They look awesome *_* I will post pics as soon as I get back from the con.Good luck to everyone!

R-chan
08-25-2006, 05:23 PM
I have everything(Green coat, brown poncho, crosses...) except my wig for Millie Thompson. My accessories for The Penguin: monocle, hat, umbrella, black makeup. All I gotta do is make his coat. Now if only my machine didn't hate me so >.<;;

Yoshiii
08-25-2006, 05:36 PM
I am going to order my wings this coming week.

I have the materials for pretty much everything else...

I won't be done until like...the week before or week of AWA..lol

hoshi-p
08-25-2006, 05:58 PM
*lol* I just found out I was able to go, so I haven't really done anything. The costume I'm planning on bringing are mostly complete, I just need to do some minor alterations on my hakama for Hinamori and sew in the zippers into Rinoa's shorts. Oh, and I need to locate my hair mascara.

Update: Huzzah! I had an epiphany last night and remembered where I put my hair mascara! That's one thing down, a couple more to go.

reannaremick
08-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Progress? 0% on everything, lol. But I do have all the materials I need it's just I'm still finishing stuff for Dragon Con which is in 6 days, so I haven't even thought about AWA yet. >.<;;

Lystrade
08-25-2006, 08:58 PM
I've started one of my costumes, Sheena from Tales of Symphonia, but other then that.. Eh, I'll probably rush them like I always do a week before the con~!<3

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-25-2006, 09:33 PM
progress? THIS early? LOL! I guess i am 0% except costumes i already have made...Here's my list of stuff that needs to be done, but i have no clue when it WILL get done.

-Redo the straps on Yuffie...(i.e. replace the crappy ribbon with working suspenders)
-Make Link's hat, buy white leggings, buy brown boots, make or find gloves, order shield (maybe) make sword. Let's just say nothing on Link is done (except the tunic and undertunic...may go as Young Link) b/c i've been at college. I came home this weekend to TRY and do something for my Link, but i don't know if i can get to it :(
-locate all of Ni-Na's items
-uh...figure out how in the world i'm going to do kenshin. -long story, but i'll make it short- My dad was supposed to get me hakamas for cheap, but he didn't. o.O So all i have for Kenshin is a REALLY nice wig. and if i don't get to wear that awesome-ness of wigs (in my gallery actually) i will be really upset

Clive-kun
08-26-2006, 01:29 AM
::sighs:: ok..so...all of my stuff except one costume that was suggested to me TODAY is done, and I still have to make one kimono and two Organization coats x.x ::falls over and dies::

RyeCrimsonMoon
08-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Well, I still need gloves for all my outfits, but besides that I'm done with Kite and Larexene, and I have about 70% more to go with Roy. I still gotta get his wig, the armor, the fan, the boots, and the gloves X___X

PatrickD
08-27-2006, 03:11 AM
So how far along are you with your cosplays

I'm in panic mode and worried it won't get done...so everything's going along the same as always.

Frankly, my biggest worry at this point is all the luggage I'll need to bring on the plane. :hafha:

Winters Knight
08-27-2006, 02:21 PM
EEP. Well I only have to MAKE one costume.. and that's Amano Ballroom Rinoa. Everything else I'm bringing is re-wears.
So she's about 30% by which I mean I have all the materials except what I need for the corseting under it. Silk woo! I have all my dye yet nothing is yet dyed. I need to dye the shoes pink and the yellow chiffon for the skirty part. I need to make the pattern and then make the dress. But Dragon Con is in 4 days.. so that is first on my mind right now.

Jekka
08-27-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm in panic mode and worried it won't get done...so everything's going along the same as always.

Frankly, my biggest worry at this point is all the luggage I'll need to bring on the plane. :hafha:

XD Oh yeah, we're taking a plane.

I can be fine with just one bag, so I can check in one of yours as mine (for the win!).
And I'll be over to help!

Rampage
08-27-2006, 10:07 PM
I just started today!!!! ^_^

Yesh, but, I didn't get much done. I'm going as Advent Children Cloud.. I just paper-mached the shape of the shoulder pauldron. It turned out better than I thought! I'm going shopping tomorrow for all of the supplies I need, including a coating or finish for the pauldron.. pleather or resin or something, choo know. That's also not the shirt or shoulders strap I'm using..they're just stuff I had lying around. Booyah!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Melharien/1e0664e2.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Melharien/e1cbaa16.jpg

ookami-chan
08-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Since I was only able to wear my KH2 Kairi for a few hours at Otakon, I'm bringing it to AWA instead of attempting something new. I'm making a few adjustments to the dress, touching up the keyblade, and re-styling the wig a bit. It shouldn't take me too long, hopefully.

As for my Raito--I haven't started it yet. I'm waiting until get settled into college before I start shopping around for that. Its going to be a relatively easy costume to put together. I'm looking forward to making my own Death Note. =D YaY!

I did some shopping today and got a few supplies for a commissioned keyblade though. o.o

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-28-2006, 04:58 PM
*posts progress again, because i am cool*
It isn't actually costume progess, but a decision on my costumes. I have decided to work solely on my KH1 Yuffie. It was my costume for last AWA, but i was unable to attend, so i must revamp it. It's so easy and my plans for it are possible. So i may just go with that and bring something that is all ready done. (this means i will be saving my Link for later. I just don't have the time (and money) to do it right now)

also attempting DoC Yuffie b/c all my cosplay friends seem to have a final fantasy character they cosplay all the time, every variation...so i guess i'll be Yuffie all the time ^_^

Clive-kun
08-28-2006, 06:10 PM
Let's see...I've finally decided who exactly I'm going to bring....

Friday: Kayako - only have to finish the blood and try on the makeup
Saturday: Yurameki Kyo/Organization Member - have to hem both
Sunday: Cybil Bennett - get one more badge, finish the shirt, and get a gun holdster (and somehow get a haircut between Saturday and Sunday....>.>)

livvylove
09-02-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm 90% done with Ukyos shirt but after talking with Adam we think we can't finish off Ukyo and Ryoga along with Jasmine and Aladdin so we are picking Jasmine and Aladdin to do for Friday and Saturday. I'm a bit sad but it's better not to Rush then to do all the costumes and have them look like crap.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-02-2006, 09:53 PM
starting DoC Yuffie tonight. Gonna do all the minor things (the belt, the glove thingie, and the yellow strap for the top) and then start on the actual top and the boots (found the perfect boots at Wal-Mart! just gotta buy them and add silver to 'em) and i should be finished by con time ^_^ whoo!

Yoshiii
09-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Spent $91.00 @ Wal-Mart last night on fabrics and more supplies.

At least I can return like $20 in supplies to another place.

I'm making my horns and such today with paper-mache...

I've realized I'm a master OF paper-mache too. lol

My mom's gonna sew my pants from scratch, and then when they're done, we're gonna paint them.

Gotta save up the money for my wings...but I don't think I'll have enough money to afford a $78 eye exam, and the $240.00 contacts I want/need..

:(

Yoshiii
09-10-2006, 04:35 AM
Picture time!!!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/YoshiFD3S/Picture8.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/YoshiFD3S/Picture9.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/YoshiFD3S/Picture10-1.jpg

Besides the fabric sparring glove for the sleeve-aspect..every white-baise thing you see on that glove, I just made out of paper and tape...TONIGHT. lol

My mom and I were gonna cut out fabric and do the gloves that way, but I just don't think fabric can get the look, the texture, and the feel paper-mache.

Anyways...it's taken be since aboouutt.....10PM or so, and I've just stopped for the night.

That, and I painted my ONE red shoe. Looks good though. I used this velvety-textured paint on the leather shoe first...couple coats of that...and then to brighten the maroon-ish velvety paint color, I used the Krylon Fusion red spray paint, and it looks perfect. I'll take a pic of it, tomorrow. :P

God, I'm exhausted..

My mom's been asleep for a while. I am interested in know what she'll say when she sees what I did. :D

buwahahahaha...I can make anything!

K, time to crash. lol

hoshi-p
09-11-2006, 04:34 AM
Yikes! I just realized today that there's just a week and a half left to go! :eek:

I trimmed my bangs a little today, since they were getting too long for Hinamori. I actually did it myself, so it's a miracle that I didn't end up chopping them all off. ^^;;

Styled my wig a little. At least it's parted on the right side now. Still have to add the gold stripes, though.

GreatSG
09-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Let's see, for two rather simple costume i've got a number of small things to take care of.
For Kyon it's just making the arm band and shreding an embroidered logo off a jacket I got so I can replace it with the school logo.
Johnny I still have to make his head peice, arm band thing, sword, leg wraps, hem the pants I got and add buttons to a jacket that also needs the sleeves shortened. Fun times.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-11-2006, 10:55 PM
add ugly yellow strap to Yuffie top. make shurikens. DONE ^_^

Hikaruhime
09-11-2006, 11:22 PM
I'm done with all of my cosplays except L from Death Note. I'm *supposed* to be getting the wig in this week, and then I just need to cut it and style it. I'll be one mad chic if it doesn't come in time. XD

hoshi-p
09-16-2006, 08:54 PM
50% of my Rinoa shorts are done. That took a lot longer than expected. ^^;;

reannaremick
09-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Yaaaaaah, just got done making my Princess Neptune dress. In about 5 hours. >.< The only thing I have to do tomorrow is attach the train to the back & make the little jewels out of paperclay/paint them/attach them. I'm 95% done hand-coloring the wig with Prismacolors. I'll finish that tonight. Thankfully everything else I'm wearing to the con is already done ^_^;;

DalaiLiam
09-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Frank West - Done (and worn to D*C)
Secret Underdone FMA Project, Done save for tunic sewing and half styling wig.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-17-2006, 10:31 AM
started shuriken yesterday. Attach everything together. Paint. DONE ^_^ It should be done today. Then i can coast into AWA because everything will be done. (except for the arm thingies for Yuffie and buying my boots. But those are all easy stuff i plan to do the night before o.O)

livvylove
09-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Just finished Aladdins vest and pants, I ended up buying the Kingdom Hearts color for the cumberbun and after watching the movie I rather have the brownish tan color so I need to buy more fabric for that. Jasmines pants are done and the shoes are done too(they are drying as we speak) I am working on the wig and the shirt still.
Adam made the earings (they look good) Idono if he has painted them yet, he is going to come over later today to work on the necklace. I need to do the headband so Adam can attach the jewel to it. But I am really close to being done, the wig and Jasmines shirt is the only thing that needs a lot of work.

hoshi-p
09-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Hooray! I'm mostly done with everything! Finished my shorts, wig, and the fixes to my hakama!

hentaigirl82
09-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Livvylove- I cant wait to see your cosplay I just loved your ranma 1/2

I just finished my elena wig for streetfighter and Dragon Pink just gotta finish her wig

Clive-kun
09-17-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm so tired of everyone reminding me that we have less than a week left!! OMG!! Shut up! I'm stressed enough!!...anyway....so far...I have 2 out of 4 coats done and I just have to finish the sleeves, hood, and lining for the third. The 4th isn't even cut out x.x (wish me luck on getting these done!!!!)

reannaremick
09-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Woo, all done with Neptune except for ironing which I'll do Thursday. Now I just have to clean house for the 3 people staying with me for the weekend! Eep! Good luck to everyone else as they finish!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-18-2006, 04:45 PM
-jumps on internet quickly before heading back into prop-making hell-

i had to come online to find ways of holding my shuriken pieces together. The hot glue wasn't working...and i have no money to buy a stronger kind of glue (as of now. will have money of course for this weekend! but i can't SPEND IT on finishing up costumes/weapons/everything). So, yeah, only thing left is the shuriken, DoC Yuffie's arm thingies and headband, and to pack. Should be going insane Thursday which is when i plan on doing all of this

SelphieLu
09-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Wow, I am crunching for time!

Tron Bonne will hopefully ( cross your fingers! ) be done intime for AWA. Elza from Suikoden got pushed to AUSA. But I can't wait. I'll be bring a bunch of stuff too so I won't be without costume!

Everyone's progress looks so great so far! I can't wait to see everyone in person! Keep up the good work and sew, sew, sew! ( Or do whatever else needs to be done to finish costumes! )

london2191
09-18-2006, 08:08 PM
I'm glad I didn't have to go through the hell you guys are. ^^ I started four months before Dragon*Con started. I finished two weeks before it started and I only have minor things to fix for AWA but I do that the day I'm getting ready and fixed up to go. =)

London has symphathy pains! -cheers on the shuriken making- You can't just use cardboard?

GreatSG
09-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Kyon is done, got sick of the pocket so I just removed the damn thing and made a fake one.
Johnny's sword and leg wraps are almost ready and it'll be done
Then I just need to relace my sneakers with white laces for Shirou and i'm all set.
And from there I just need to finish up the logos for the Haruhi Suzumiya SOS-Dan armbands I plan on selling at the con, do buy one! :D

Akarui-chan
09-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Yachiru Kusajishi(Bleach)- Done the sword's drying
Kagome(Inuyasha)-Done, just can't find the shoes i was looking for
May(Guilty Gear X2)-Done the buckles are drying/dried
Edward(Cowboy Bebop-Bebop Lounge)- NOT done
I gotta sew the waistband on, the leash and Ein. THEN she'll be done.

livvylove
09-19-2006, 12:16 AM
Livvylove- I cant wait to see your cosplay I just loved your ranma 1/2

I just finished my elena wig for streetfighter and Dragon Pink just gotta finish her wig
Aww Thanks, I am excited about how it's coming along too. I can't wait to see your Pink costume. We will have to take a photo together

Ok so todays updates, it seems the only thing to motivate me to come into work before 9 is cosplay, how sad/funny is that. So I got out early and worked on the mockup for my Jasmine shirt. I found a way that it looks nice, I love it, the only problem is that I can't move my arms that high, so no decent hugs. But it will look nice so I am ok with it. I am trying my best with the wig so I think it will look ok. But yea after I finish up the shirt tomorrow all I will have left is the bangs for the wig.

Venus Knight
09-19-2006, 12:48 AM
I only have have a couple more seems and my ryoga is done. :cheers:
It will be my first. It didn't come out perfect, but I think it's pretty good for my first time.

Akarui-chan
09-19-2006, 05:33 AM
Yachiru Kusajishi(Bleach)- Done the sword's drying
Kagome(Inuyasha)-Done, just can't find the shoes i was looking for
May(Guilty Gear X2)-Done the buckles are drying/dried
Edward(Cowboy Bebop-Bebop Lounge)- NOT done
I gotta sew the waistband on, the leash and Ein. THEN she'll be done.
Edit: All that's left now is to sew the leash on/ attach a clip to the end of the waist band
Then I'm all~~~~ done and set for AWA. I'm calling it quits right now cus I got work in 8 and 1/2 hours and gotta be up in....6 hours.. so ya, haven't gone to sleep yet XD...I'm starting to crash and burn.. 2-11PM every day till Thursday is gonna kill bad XD..
Thursday is my packing day.
Wednesday night is ironning night XD I gotta iron EVERYTHING and fold it all. Thursday is mainly to make sure everything fits then I'm going to sleep at like 8 or 9 to get up at like 4 or 5AM Friday to drive to Atlanta and beat traffic. If any Bleach cosplayers are gonna be early birds Friday, do NOT hesitate to PM me with your cell phone # and you can help me look for a good place outside for the shoot!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-19-2006, 05:59 PM
get directions, get walk-in registration forms printed, and do Yuffie's arm thingies...also attach my Shuriken pieces. So i will have everything (but packing) done for AWA TONIGHT! *takes a huge sigh of relief*

Yoshiii
09-22-2006, 01:32 AM
So it's 1:30AM.....now officially Friday..

My mom and I put in another couple hours tonight.

The damn paper mache of the gloves/gaunlets isn't dried, and when I was trying to sand down the horns that come out, it cracked alot. *sigh*

Tomorrow my mom's just gonna use hot glue to keep the mofo's together, and then lay some good ole paint.

And MAN my mom is really good at painting, and knowing how to mix colors n' stuff.

My pants came out really good, too.

All in all, besides having to *cough* shave from the waist up *cough* ....I feel pretty good about this cosplay. I hope my mom's painting job can make up for my not-being-able to sand down the gauntlet horns the way I would have liked to.

Bleh...gotta wake up early tomorrow, just to buy some quick supplies, and finish it up.

Oh yeah, and the guy who made my wings...just sent them out like....yesterday (Thursday) over-night with USPS....I'm pissed about that...really pissed. He has had my $364.00 money order since Tuesday afternoon....freaking butt head..

And then today on the phone when I'm asking how it came out he goes on about how he "took the liberty" to do a little somethin' somethin' that I didn't give him the approval to do.

GOD I hope the wings don't look too bad. Ugh. I'm nervous.

He said they'd be in at 3PM at the latest tomorrow, which isn't too horrendous. I wasn't really planning on heading to the con till about that time anyways....I like my sleep....though in this case, I need that time to finish the costume.

See you guys soon!!!!

Venus Knight
09-22-2006, 02:55 AM
And I though I was bad. I finished yesterday, but I did just finish packing so I guess I'm not that good. Have to get up at 7 tomarrow to make it to the con late morning.:sulk: You can sleep when your dead right? :bigtu:
Good night everyone, maybe I'll see some of you tomarrow.

Akarui-chan
09-22-2006, 05:06 AM
Whee~~~ it's today~~ ^_^ all my costumes are done too. I'm leaving in like.... an hour.. and CRAP it's RAINING!! T_T

SilentCAt
09-22-2006, 07:34 AM
Will they let me change at AWA?

Yoshiii
09-25-2006, 12:38 AM
hehe, I know it's a little late to update THIS thread, but now that the con is over, I decided to go ahead and compile the pictures I have of the costume itself in progress.

Check out my new "Devil Jin Cosplay" Album!!

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=54123&member=50960

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Yoshii: i totally loved your Devil Jin. I wasn't in costume when i saw you, but i ran and got your pictures!

Yoshiii
09-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Yoshii: i totally loved your Devil Jin. I wasn't in costume when i saw you, but i ran and got your pictures!

Post a link!

I can't seem to find pictures of me anywhere, which is really sad cause I was blind every minute I was wearing it, from all the flashes!

lol

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Yoshii: i will post my AWA pics as soon as i get done with checking the threads in my control panel :) i think your picture is on my jumpdrive. I'll come back here and post you a direct link. And you SHOULD have been blind from the flashes. It was an amazing costume