PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Video Game Cosplayers...UNITE!!!

Yoshiii
08-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Allright folks.

Enough of the FMA, Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, and Bleach. I love em', but I'm tired of seein' em'.

Who's up for some fighting game cosplaying!!

This year, I'll be going as Devil Jin from Tekken 5.

My friend says she'll be going as Hitomi from DoA.

Who else wants to join in on the fun battle-posing? lol

Here's my hair in progress, for Jin:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/YoshiFD3S/Picture220.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/YoshiFD3S/Picture245.jpg

Now, all I need are my retractable 8-9ft wings. COMING SOON! XD

Pants, horns, gauntlets, and chains will be done within the next 2 weeks...

Wings should be done a week or two before the con. They're under production. :P

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/YoshiFD3S/jint5cg2smallER.jpg

When you guys see a little somethin' like this...be afraid...be very afraid.

hentaigirl82
08-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Coolness I wanna join im goin to bring my elena from street fighter

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-21-2006, 10:00 PM
OH YAY DEVIL JIN!!!! I'm a huge Jin fan and you did the BEST on that hair. But, alas, my Jin Kazama costume is for a later date -pouts- I'm attempting first player Jin from Tekken5.

Hmm...I could whip up my super secret Tekken costume really quick, but i don't hold any gurantees. :D

vamphunterx
08-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Wow awesome job on the wig. I'll have Sol Badguy at AWA, so maybe I'll join in too, as long as the its not at the same time as any Advent Children stuff.

Purple Flames
08-21-2006, 10:33 PM
I guess I'll bring Yun yet again. Oh how I love that outfit :bigtu:

Yoshiii
08-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Wow awesome job on the wig. I'll have Sol Badguy at AWA, so maybe I'll join in too, as long as the its not at the same time as any Advent Children stuff.

That's not a wig.

LMAO.

It's my hair, buddy.

:o)

A little bit of hair-spray and flatening-iron go a long way.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-22-2006, 01:34 PM
your hair? omg! may i glomp you at the convention -i am in love with Jin-

Yoshiii
08-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Just don't mess up the do....

...or my wings.

^.^

AshleyV
08-23-2006, 05:55 AM
I'll have my Tina Armstrong outfit from DOA Ultimate. Depending on time I am going to try and have her X-Box outfit done, if not then it will be C7.

rosabella
08-24-2006, 08:39 PM
you really like your spiffy new hair don't you mike-kun?

R-chan
08-25-2006, 04:19 PM
wow nice hair^^ I want to do Cassandra from Soul Cal II next year

Yoshiii
08-25-2006, 04:24 PM
you really like your spiffy new hair don't you mike-kun?

Couldn't you tell last time we hung out?

lol

I was like "omg, are my bangs right?"

"Yes, Mike..they're fiiiiiine!!"

lol

I'm not used to having hair this long, so I'm all like....paranoid about it looking right.

I thought it was funny when I wore my hair like Jin @ The Pool Room this Wednesday, and my friend was there, and I walked over to say what's up. He said how he didn't recognize me but was he's like "haha, I was just talking about how that guy's (me) hair looked like Jin."

I was like "Yes!!" hahaha

XD

Evolution
08-29-2006, 03:19 PM
That's rockin hair man...how long'd that take you...

Fighting games, huh??? IF I can in fact make it out to AWA like I plan to, I'm gonna bring something a little off the beaten path and go as Mr. Karate from The Art of Fighting series/SVC: Chaos...IF I can make it...I'm in California, after a.. ^_^

Akarui-chan
08-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Well I'll be May From Guilty Gear X2 pretty much Saturday so I'll be about

Yoshiii
09-04-2006, 12:44 PM
That's rockin hair man...how long'd that take you...

Fighting games, huh??? IF I can in fact make it out to AWA like I plan to, I'm gonna bring something a little off the beaten path and go as Mr. Karate from The Art of Fighting series/SVC: Chaos...IF I can make it...I'm in California, after a.. ^_^

It takes me about 5 minutes of straightening, and 10 minutes worth of styling and hair-spraying for the back. :P

My mom and I are working today on the horns and gauntlets.

During the week she's going to sew my pants from scratch. Then we paint em'.

Hopefully I'll have $350 to buy my wings by next week, but I don't think I'll end up having enough money for a $78 eye exam and the $240 contacts I want/need from www.9mmsfx.com

:(

Akarui-chan
09-04-2006, 01:17 PM
you know cosplaylab sells theatrical lens for really cheap. I'd suggest checking cosplaylab.com. You might find something that'll work.

Evali
09-07-2006, 12:50 AM
Good luck on Devil Jin, that's one of my favorite character designs EVER! =D

I love fighting games, hope to see a lot of cool costumes this year.

Yoshiii
09-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Well, I've made the horns from scratch (paper & tape), and gotten about 1/3 of them covered in paper mache shtuff.

Gotta sand them down now, and paint.

My mom's still working on sewing up the pants, and then she's gotta made the gloves.

I REALLY wanted to use some kind of solidified material...plastic...fiberglass...w/e...for the gauntlets, but I just don't know what/where/how to do it, and the material costs are more than I can spare before AWA...

I'm going to TRY and update my contact prescription and just buy some clear contacts from the eye doctor.

A friend is telling me there's a lady who comes to alot of cons in the SouthEast who sells contacts, and that I can just stack/layer them.. I asked if it was bad, and she was like "Not for just a couple hours, or so, it wouldn't kill you."

Something to that effect...

Blah, I need money.

Corlawc
09-08-2006, 08:39 AM
http://www.karatedepot.com/pr-pu-05.html here's what you need Yoshiii, that's the basic idea for Jin's handguards.

Most of the people in our group bought the base gloves and modified them since most of us do combat of some form or another. Boxing, Aikido, Tae Kwon Do, Tang Soo Do. So gloves are useful :) Asuka's gloves are awesome because I can train and grapple all day long and not feel a thing. Yay for useful purchase.

Anyways, can't wait to see you there. Meeting for Tekken is at 5PM Saturday so I hope to see you and your impressive wingspan.

Yoshiii
09-09-2006, 12:24 AM
Yup. I got gloves just like those for $15.00 @ Play it Again Sports.

I've drawn out real-size diagrams for the designs in the gauntlets, and my mom is going to sew them together kinda like small pillow-strips, and then I'm going to paint them, and adhere them.

The problem I'm facing is...

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/YoshiFD3S/AJinKazama-03small.jpg

The smaller horns that are on the inner-side of his gloves...

Now, I've made small horns out of paper mache, but man, I'm gonna have a hard time adhereing them and making it look right, without them being easily moved, cracked, or flat-out destroyed.. lol

If I get it off though, then I'll be really happy with myself. Realizing that this character is more simple than most, seeing as how he wears nothing on his chest....except for of course, muscles on top of muscles, and some tattoo's...

My focus is to make sure that every other part of the costume look as accurate as possible.

:]

Anywho...

I'm still in need of somebody to cosplay WITH!!!

So far I know of nobody else doing a Tekken character.

C'mon folks..

Show some love.

What's this about a meeting, now? 5PM, where?

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-09-2006, 12:27 AM
i WISH i could tell you my Tekken costume will be done by AWA...sadly...it will not! :(

Yoshiii
09-09-2006, 12:32 AM
i WISH i could tell you my Tekken costume will be done by AWA...sadly...it will not! :(

*tear*

Corlawc
09-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Yoshii, we would be glad to have you join up with us for Tekken 5. I am going as Asuka Kazama (hakama outfit), my friends are going as Steve Fox, Bryan Fury, Lee Chaolan, Lei Wulong, and Julia-chan. I have told them about your efforts to be Devil Jin and they really want to meet up with you too.

We are meeting at 5PM on Saturday down on the glass side of the elevators to take pictures and meet and greet and all. I would like you to meet them before that though cause you seem pretty cool. Anyways, I can message you closer to time to see where/when you want to meet up or whatever.

Also the big fighting game meetup is at the same time so you'll have plenty of ppls to take photos with.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-09-2006, 01:12 PM
yoshii: oh so sorry! I'm planning Asuka's kimono/geisha outfit for a later con. I wish i did have it for AWA...but i don't. *sniff*

corlawc: Asuka's hakama outfit is super cute! I would have had that costume, but my father never got my two pairs of hakamas...he completly ruined my former plans for AWA.

Yoshiii
09-09-2006, 07:12 PM
yoshii: oh so sorry! I'm planning Asuka's kimono/geisha outfit for a later con. I wish i did have it for AWA...but i don't. *sniff*

corlawc: Asuka's hakama outfit is super cute! I would have had that costume, but my father never got my two pairs of hakamas...he completly ruined my former plans for AWA.

I <3 her Geisha outfit..

This one:

http://img83.exs.cx/img83/8480/asuka0iz.png

*licks monitor*

Ah, sorry sorry.

On a good note, my mom and I are making great progress. She's done sewing the zipper into my pants, lol...

I've just about finished the layer of velvety-texture'd spray-paint on my one shoe. And, I've spent about 30 minutes sanding down 2 out of the 16 paper mache horns..lol

They look good, though! I'm making sure not to sand them so much that they look 100% smoothe...the rough and somewhat bumpy/lumpy texture kinda makes them more realistic....more like bone.

I talked to Ray Kenyon, who's the maker of my mechanical/retractable wings.. He's like 60-70% done. He's custom-made them for me, I'm really grateful for his hard work. He says they'll be ready to ship by this coming Friday, when I over-night him his money order.

Besides having cool yellow-ish contacts, I'm gonna have every other aspect of this costume down, pat!

I'm so excited!!!

*squeel*

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-09-2006, 08:56 PM
yep! That's the version i plan on doing! Its just so PRETTY and sexy. + Asuka is probably the only character i play w/ because i LOVE fighting w/ her! ^_^

gawd Yoshii...you know got me wanting my Asuka costume for AWA. but i know it can't happen *pouts*

Yoshiii
09-10-2006, 03:44 AM
yep! That's the version i plan on doing! Its just so PRETTY and sexy. + Asuka is probably the only character i play w/ because i LOVE fighting w/ her! ^_^

gawd Yoshii...you know got me wanting my Asuka costume for AWA. but i know it can't happen *pouts*

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=90632&page=2

Check out what I did tonight.

:D

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-10-2006, 09:37 AM
yoshii: i am so in love w/ you. Since i love Jin, i automactically love you ^_^ so you have a fangurl, but i promise not to be creppy. But that does look so awesome! Now, all ya need is the kickass wings you're waiting on and you'll just win at life

Monicator
09-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Hey! Can a Chibi Cyrax from Mortal Kombat join in the mix? lol

hentaigirl82
09-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Yoshii- If jessi gets too fangirl on you I will get her off you so you can breathe lol,besides that I cant wait to see the whole outfit your so goin get love by the camera

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-10-2006, 03:24 PM
dee/hentaigirl: WTF? Why would you stop my fangurlie rampage!?!?! -LOL!-

Yuugiusa
09-10-2006, 03:50 PM
I might cosplay as either Chun-Li (Street Fighter) or Misato (NGE) on Sunday.:chatah:

Yoshiii
09-11-2006, 02:58 AM
Should I be scared?

:P

All I ask is don't break my horns off, and don't mess with the wings.

lol

:D

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-11-2006, 09:54 PM
lol! The horns are so sexy though. HAHA! but you really shouldn't be too scared...but you look like the game spit Jin out...and i absolutely love Jin...