PDA

View Full Version : Nike (persona 2) - where to hide arms?

Kyototo
08-22-2006, 06:32 PM
A cosplayer I know just asked wether I'd be interested in joining their group of persona 2.
Knowing nothing of it he showed me some artwork and all the interesting ones were already taken. Then I spotted nike. Damn. I love it so damn much, but I still feel so damn masochistic stupid and most of all idiotic.
I want to do Nike, but I can't think of anything I could do to my arms.
If Nike just had arms it would be so much easier, but not.

So my question is, any ideas where the hell I could hide my arms, look good and still be able to live (though people would have to feed me, dress me up and down. it would be so damn difficult I don't even know would it be worth it.)

So. ANY ideas are welcome. (Even for the costume itself.)

referencepic: http://www.rpgamer.com/games/megten/persona2/persona2art.html (choose nike)

Varnani
08-23-2006, 12:28 AM
Make the chest larger and put your arms in there?
That's the only thing I could come up with that didn't involve you walking around with your arms pinned behind your back all day. Which would probably be painful(but it is an idea).

Kyototo
08-23-2006, 10:10 AM
We had some offtime at school today so we tested both.
If I get a corset and that way could keep my arms very close to my chest it might work. (lucky I'm small. if I were any bigger it would be twice as hard.)
With arms behind my back it would be quite difficult not just to be, but also hide them. To my elbows it would be supereasy to hide them. (maybe bind them to my back with a corset) but below elbow would show way too much.

Luckily I've got about a year now to think about it so I could test it.

(But I'll just so die. I can't eat, I can't go to the bathroom, I can't use my hands and I can't walk. too ambitious. :D)

Or maybe I could change it a bit and put some sort of tank on the back and hide my arms there... hmm hmm hmm.
I also thought of hiding them to the wing, but it would be impossible with my anatomy.

ArchFaith
08-23-2006, 03:38 PM
I think that you should just modify the outfit so that it has arms...seriously, when you go to a con, you WILL need to use your arms to do some things, and a costume that requires no arms will be so incredibly hard to move around in.

I've played Persona 2 actually...what are you thinking of making Nike out of?

Kyototo
08-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Well. I'm ambitious and I've already worn outfits that either prevent me from using toilet or sitting, so not being able to use hands or breathe well would be just too obvious choise for me. :D
I'm too stupid to know my own good. (Besides, cosplay without pain is pretending.)

I thought wonderflex might work for the armour, though as I can't get it from finland it would be way too expensive so I still have to reconsider other choises.
A girl I know did an armour of "softis" (soft thin flexible foam sheet). I haven't seen it but it must have looked good as she won the contest with it. I might need to examin if this would look any good.