PDA

View Full Version : ...pretty jpop boys...?

RichAyanami
03-13-2003, 11:46 PM
Ok so we all know how pretty some of those jpop boys can be.... *cough Mana cough

..so here's my question... does anyone have any advice for looking like that? I wanna maybe dress up as Kyo in Macabre from Dir en Grey... I only put this post in Crossplay because that's an awful lot of makeup to work with and I really don't even know where to start! (not to mention how I would secure safety pins to my face without excessive pain... XD)

michanchan
03-17-2003, 11:51 PM
hm i dun really know, if i cut my hair in the back and let it grow out in the front, i could possibly do Ken from V6. But other then that... i guess my closest is Kinki Kids for me ^_~

Koumori
03-18-2003, 06:54 AM
Depends on the j-rocker, as many of them have very different looks from each other and change them frequently. Which Kyo look do you want to do?

Chosuke
03-18-2003, 07:51 AM
Well for the safety pins maybe you could put spirit gum on your faces..makeup over it and kinda stick them through that?
I've never worked with it myself but it sounds like something quite possible to do ^^

My closest J-rocker would probably be Gackt.
Not because I'm gorgeous,cause i'm not x_X.
But because alot of people say I have the same type of hair when its not pulled back as the earlier gackt did and tend to look like a scary cross between white and asian..which I am. oo;
One day I will cosplay him,just to see ^^;

DancingVampire
03-18-2003, 06:51 PM
the stuff that gymnasts use to keep there leos from riding up might wok

My closet J-rocker is Klaha EVERY one says I look like him I dont think so but every one else seems to differ *_*

RichAyanami
03-19-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Koumori
Depends on the j-rocker, as many of them have very different looks from each other and change them frequently. Which Kyo look do you want to do?

I think I mentioned which one I wanted to do.. I'm not approaching this costume from a cosplay standpoint, but rather a "dress up to look cool" standpoint. As such I'll be doing Kyo with the suit and frilly shirt. If I can find a longer coat I could do the similar one with the cooler lookin sleeves.. but oh well. My main concern right now is my hair... XD

Chosuke
03-19-2003, 07:56 AM
Ech... J-rock hair.
It depends really what kind of hair you have.
I hate my thick creepy hair and it just goes insane if you blow dry it,the only way to ever make anything but some sort of retarded anime-ish spiky poofy mess is to put it up while its wet.
generally if you have hair like mine though its great for styling into weird things ^^;

But if you have thin,sleek hair then its much easier to wear normally.Though is hell to do stuff with..

Maybe a wig is your best bet? ^^;

RichAyanami
03-19-2003, 09:42 PM
I tried looking for a wig, but I'm not sure if I can find a good enough one. I also don't know how I could style a wig... If I grow my hair out now and bleach it, I could try to make something that resembles his more 'orderly' hair..
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/direngrey/kyo_galerie/kyo13.jp

Otherwise I may have to find a wig and try to mess with it...
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/direngrey/kyo_galerie/27.jpg

domestik
03-23-2003, 02:36 AM
*shakes head* Wigs + me = depleted income. I think it's some blessing from the gods that a majority of the outfits I want to do have gifted me with characters/people with short black hair.

Purchasing a custom made wig is expensive but if you're going for detail and precision (and don't mind paying the price) you'd be extremely satisifed. Of course... it'd also be a good idea to get a custom-made wig you could use for multiple outfits.

Which is a darn spiffy thing when it comes to Kyo.

For cheapness... a blonde surfer wig (hacked at) could work for Kyo's yellow blonde hair... unless they got it in a bleached blonde color too. :B

As for dolling up... if I have the right Kyo outfit in mind (ain't afraid to die, ne?) then he doesn't have on the white pancake makeup... so some natural pale-toned foundation would be good if you want your features smoother.

Black eyeshadow and eyeliner is of the good if I'm correctly remembering how his eyes are in aatd....

.... I think I've rambled long enough. ^^; Good luck with everything, ne. o_O; I think I was about half useless in my rambling. ^^;

*watscheln*

[Edit] Ohhh wait! MACABRE? I'm sorry, I'm afraid I skimmed right over that. I focused on the "frilly shirt and jacket" part... which describes his aatd outfit pretty much. XD;

If it really is MACABRE you're doing then... dude. Some of my makeup advice is off. :X

RichAyanami
03-23-2003, 02:36 PM
lol I was just being confusing. I meant the suit with the frilly shirt from ain't afraid to die, but I believe he also had it on the macabre tour. I didn't mean the video...I actually don't have the macabre video... :-[ but yeah...
I'm really trying to grow my hair out though, because yeah the wig will be hard to work with... and my first experience with a wig wasn't too pleasant..heh Of course my hair will still be a bit short ... but I may be able to fake it (plus it'll give me axcuse to bleach my hair..XD)

domestik
03-23-2003, 02:50 PM
I think I'd look "off" with bleached hair. It wouldn't really suit me--at least that's my opinion. XD

I'm thinking about doing a temporary hair dye. It might not work very well for me though, since I'm trying to go from black hair to blonde. *shrugs*

When are you planning on wearing the outfit? Just curious. XD

Nene
03-23-2003, 02:52 PM
(pst, VK is considered Jpop...-^ ^;; And Gackt isn't even VK anymore...stupid monkey turned pop..eheh..)

Alright, make-up wise...just get a lotta black make-up, go into the bathroom, play around with it! =D The funnest thing to do is just get a LOT of black eye shadow, put it on a blush brush, and swip it around your eyes -^ ^- MWAHAHA!

and wig wise...listen to their advice....-. .- ::doesn't really give advice considering hair, since i have short hair, and always cosplay the ones with short hair..=D )

domestik
03-23-2003, 03:00 PM
I'm growing out my hair right after AX so in anutha year I'll have hair for mind soap Kazuki and Miss CARMILA Emiru. *laughs* I am a cheaparsed BUM when it comes to wigs. XD;

Ah. And of course, experimenting with the makeup before getting into the outfit is of the good. So then when the time comes to get everything on, you'll have a better understanding of what to use, how much to use and blah blah blah.

hazelmisao
03-23-2003, 11:28 PM
My closest J-rocker is hide.. its because of my red hair, same hair cut, and same shape of face...

i recently colored my hair from red to grey but the hair dye didnt work out well... so know my hair is a big disaster >___<#

RichAyanami
03-24-2003, 07:08 PM
Hey Nene, I never thought of doing eye shadow with a brush... *ponders.. Thanks!

..and Domestik, um the costume itself is for AnimeBoston, and then I'll probably do another Kyo for Otakon or something. But I actually feel like wearing the outfit around. That's what I like about scavenged costumes... they're just real enough to be real clothes and not a "costume"... XD

domestik
03-24-2003, 07:18 PM
Gwaaaa. So far away. o_o;

Ohh! Anutha costume? Do keep me in mind whenever you get pictures taken for either of your outfits. I'm a collector of Kyo cosplayers--for my shrine. *grin*

And I know what you mean by wearing the costume around. My MACABRE Kyo pants were actually my normal pants. Now, even though they have a row of buttons going up on the side, I wear 'em around and get really random compliments on 'em. XD

shiroi_yukiko
03-25-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by RichAyanami
..and Domestik, um the costume itself is for AnimeBoston,

AnimeBoston?! Yay! Will you be wearing it Saturday? (sorry. devious plans -no not that kind of devious- result from imagining three Kyos in one place at the same time.)

Um... anyway, makeup. I am so bad at it. *_* Practice, practice, practice! *wanders off again*

domestik
03-25-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by warumono
AnimeBoston?! Yay! Will you be wearing it Saturday? (sorry. devious plans -no not that kind of devious- result from imagining three Kyos in one place at the same time.)

Um... anyway, makeup. I am so bad at it. *_* Practice, practice, practice! *wanders off again*

More Kyos the merrier! XD

Nene
03-25-2003, 02:04 AM
yea, the wonders modeling school can teach you about make-up tips that can come in handy for Cosplay..-^ ^;;;

RichAyanami
03-26-2003, 02:41 PM

Hehehe, I guess I could see if I can wear it on Sunday... I'm not sure. I was thinking of wearing something else for Sunday because it's a short day and I don't wanna help with tear down in a kyo costume anyways.. :-[

shiroi_yukiko
03-26-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by RichAyanami
Hehehe, I guess I could see if I can wear it on Sunday... I'm not sure. I was thinking of wearing something else for Sunday because it's a short day and I don't wanna help with tear down in a kyo costume anyways.. :-[

Saturday, dahling, Saturday. *pout* I won't be there Sunday anyway. My...um... personal Kyo has to be back to NY on Sunday, so we can't stick around.. *_*; It's very sad.

RichAyanami
03-27-2003, 02:13 AM
Buh...? It usually helps to read, eh? XD Saturday's good...

Grar... Why did I only notice now that this jacket is supposed to have tails...? It'll probably look funny if I just add them.....

RichAyanami
04-05-2003, 09:37 PM
Hmm... Know what? If anyone's still reading this thread, I'm afraid I'll have to revert to the super-simple Kyo costume... The coat tails are going to throw me off if I use what I already have, and I just don't have the time to get a long coat jacket. Guess cool(er) looking Kyo's gonna have to wait until Otakon... ;_;

shiroi_yukiko
04-05-2003, 10:02 PM
Awwwwww~~~~ That's so sad! Which Kyokyo is the "super-simple" one? *thinks* At least you're still cosplaying him though, AnimeBoston is down to TWO Kyos now (oh, the horror).

RichAyanami
04-05-2003, 11:06 PM
Awwwwww~~~~ That's so sad! Which Kyokyo is the "super-simple" one? *thinks* At least you're still cosplaying him though, AnimeBoston is down to TWO Kyos now (oh, the horror).

The super-simple Kyo is his Ain't Afraid to Die performance in the Macabre tour... black suit, red shirt, black tie.

...I still get to do the Kyo makeup though i guess.... ugh, where the heck do otaku get their money? I've already spent so much money on clothes, and I want to get contacts to make my eyes look like how Kyo has his, but those are another $60 or so... pooo