PDA

View Full Version : Photographers in Attendance?

Anele
08-24-2006, 11:44 PM
So I will be trying my hand at cosplay photography at Pacific Media Expo (extremely, extremely limited, but giving it a shot nonetheless), and was wondering what other photographers will be at the convention in attendance as well.

jtnishi
08-25-2006, 08:35 AM
I'm planning on going, with a few others of our group. I'm pretty sure Super No 1 was planning on going as well, last time I heard. There's bound to be a few others, too.

As a side note, if you can, you might want to take the opportunity to practice out some low light photography. While there's plenty of costumes to take pictures of at the convention, there's also bound to be a number of really good musical acts, which makes for a good chance to try your hand at concert photography too.

Anele
08-25-2006, 09:50 AM
As a side note, if you can, you might want to take the opportunity to practice out some low light photography. While there's plenty of costumes to take pictures of at the convention, there's also bound to be a number of really good musical acts, which makes for a good chance to try your hand at concert photography too.

Hey jtnishi. :)

At this point, I'm just waiting to see what types of musical acts they have as far as concerts go (all those who saw the Nisei Week flyers know of one, but), before I make any plans to try out low light photography. Of course, it shall be good practice, but again, I'm... just waiting for PMX to update their site (probably like everyone is) ^^;;;

Super No 1
08-25-2006, 09:59 AM
I'll be there, but I always give bad advice that nobody ever listens to. :walkoff:

Eurobeat King
08-25-2006, 12:23 PM
So I will be trying my hand at cosplay photography at Pacific Media Expo (extremely, extremely limited, but giving it a shot nonetheless), and was wondering what other photographers will be at the convention in attendance as well.

Originally I was planning to attend PMX this year, but my schedule seems to have altered since my last post regarding going.. After Yaoi-Con the weekend before, I need a few weeks of rest (and work) until AnimeUSA which is 2 weeks after PMX. So hopefully you'll have fun there and there'll be other photographers there to help you out if you need assistance. :)

Anele
08-25-2006, 07:41 PM
I'll be there, but I always give bad advice that nobody ever listens to. :walkoff:

Oh don't say that! :eek: All advice is good advice, whether it is taken or not. I look forward to seeing you there! (I've always seen you around conventions, but never formally introduced ^_^).

Originally I was planning to attend PMX this year, but my schedule seems to have altered since my last post regarding going.. After Yaoi-Con the weekend before, I need a few weeks of rest (and work) until AnimeUSA which is 2 weeks after PMX. So hopefully you'll have fun there and there'll be other photographers there to help you out if you need assistance. :)

Awww, thanks Sir EB! :toothy: I guess I shall see you at Anime Los Angeles then, yes?

scaloy
08-25-2006, 09:38 PM
i'll be there! and i can't wait to take alot of pictures.

i'm still a bit of an amatuer, so i'm willing to hear any advice you guys are willing to give.

Anele
08-25-2006, 10:18 PM
Question: Has anyone ever been to the Los Angeles Airport (LAX) Hilton? Are there any good photo-esque sites on the hotel grounds?

Freight
08-28-2006, 02:19 PM
It all depends.

It's been YEARS since I remember an anime con of any kind being there. I want to say not since '94 or '95.

It's likely they've done some renovations, but I doubt most people on the board has been there since the AX moved to Anaheim.

They still appear to have a split level lobby with a grand staircase

http://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/content/LAXAHHH/media/images/photo_gallery/LAXAHHH_Hilton_Los_Angeles_Airport_gallery_accom_l obby_large.jpg

And there are some good seats and pre-gathering function areas

http://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/content/LAXAHHH/media/images/photo_gallery/LAXAHHH_Hilton_Los_Angeles_Airport_gallery_meeting s_meetingentrance_large.jpg
http://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/content/LAXAHHH/media/images/photo_gallery/LAXAHHH_Hilton_Los_Angeles_Airport_gallery_meeting s_2ndprefunction_large.jpg

However, the pool deck appears to be rather bland. Just like you'd expect for a hotel just expecting business people and an indoors convention.

http://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/content/LAXAHHH/media/images/photo_gallery/LAXAHHH_Hilton_Los_Angeles_Airport_gallery_leisure _pools_large.jpg

Hope that helps.

Chibi-kun
08-28-2006, 02:29 PM
I'll be attending PMX and hopefully keep my camera with me most of the time this time to get some photos taken instead of leaving it with friends.

Super No 1
08-28-2006, 04:46 PM
I probaly won't be able to take a good look at this location until the Friday before the con. Right now, I'm not feeling it from this location, but then again, I knew it wouldn't be that great of a location for cosplay photos. There's very little outdoor space. The indoor locations look rather bland. I won't have that much time to take cosplay photos, but because of the lack of outdoor space, that throws my "no shooting after sundown" rule out the window.

Anele
08-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks Freight and Super. That is very useful information.

Yeah, hopefully I/we can spot out some good indoor spots. I wasn't expecting that much of an outdoor selection since... well... this is LAX. >_> Oh well.

Hope to see all you guys at the con!

Asuma'sFire
09-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Wow the place is a beut....hmmm I might give it a shot in being a photographer for once. Haha I'ms new to this photography thing (since I've only cosplayed mainly) but I held my first photoshoot at UCSD so I hope to bring my motivation to PMX. -)

Sipo
09-30-2006, 12:47 PM
I may be attening, and am not sure if I am going to cosplay. Depends on what I get done. But I will be snapping photos like mad, especially so if I get this new baby I have been eyeing...