PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Camping Trip?

kalajessta
08-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Recently I had thought of an idea of going camping with a bunch of con friends, but I thought, what if we got a whole bunch of cosplayers in general to go camping? I know it's too soon to plan an event like this for this year, but would anyone be interested in doing such an event?

I probably would pick either July or August to hold this event (of course not on a convention weekend) and hold it at a state park (it's cheaper and usually nicer). I would need to know of an estimate of who would like to attend something like this (and who would possibly have camping supplies). I would probably require a small downpayment (like a pass), to cover part of the cost of the campsite(s), food, firewood, etc.

If anyone is interested, thinks this is a good/bad idea, etc. Please let me know. I'm really excited about this idea and personally think it's going to be a blast.

Kesra
09-27-2006, 01:23 PM
I love Camping! I could make a Dagger camping costume!! It would be awesome...I would love to get involved in this!

NiceGai44
10-02-2006, 10:03 AM
I can always do a Hiking Luffy.

Miyabi-
10-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Kala, I live *right* outside of a state park...I can check out what campground rental prices are there for you. ^^
(I live in southern Ohio though so I wasn't sure how far you'd want to drive to go camping)

SakkaRosette
10-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Lemme know what comes of this, Miyabi...^^

Misarylane
11-06-2006, 10:29 AM
I've never been camping.

.Xenogil.
11-06-2006, 02:47 PM
A camping trip, you say? I live up a couple hours north of Columbus, but I wouldn't mind making the drive down. We've got a good number of months to think about when and where it should be held, too. Let me know if there are any further developments; this sounds really interesting.

Maguma
11-18-2006, 01:40 AM
I think this is a great idea, but the only problem is you need to look at the location first, cus some costumes may not survive out in the wilderness, the only ones i can think off the of my head are naruto costumes, its soem sweats, a turtle neck and a vest.

Elendriel
12-08-2006, 05:48 PM
I'd totally be up for it! :D I could deck out a camping Sasuke outfit :D

Misarylane
12-20-2006, 10:01 AM
All I have is an olette and tifa costume, they seem normal enough.

Mikepower9
02-08-2007, 07:46 PM
http://www.animepunch.org/fieldcon/index.php

Fieldcon. It happened, and it was awesome. It will be happening again this year, though we don't know the dates yet. All of last years info is still up.
If you poke around Radio Free Armageddia you might find some of the photos from it.

The highlight was definitly when the Shishio cosplayer and Cloud cosplayers had a flaming sword fight. There is video of that somewhere too, but I don't have it right now. Needless to say, it was awesome!

Otaku + woods + bonfire + 2 gallons of charcoal fluid = win!

Ryuuza
03-02-2007, 01:02 AM
It seems like an awesome idea, but I'd be worried about ruining my costume. I'm in southern Ohio, too, KonekoMiyabi.

Yo-Yo
03-02-2007, 06:00 PM
I would SO do this as Yo-Yo and Shikamaru. o.o
July/August = busy though. :[