PDA

View Full Version : Photographers?

Amechan
08-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Ok, I'm working really hard on my costume and wondering: who is going to be taking photos? I know that Maboroshi at Risingsun.net is not going to be there this year, which creates my main concern... whose left?

spoonfeeding:
(a) are you concerned about this as well?
(b) are you going to be taking pictures at AWA-con XII?
(c) if you are taking photos, where are you going to be most of the time? (that way it's easier for cosplayers to find you)

sweet_magic
08-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I've been curious about this too for sometime now. o.o

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-25-2006, 09:27 PM
I think Eurobeat King mentioned he was going to be there to take pictures and he's really awesome. But i am unsure of any other photographers that are going to be there, but i am CERTAIN there will be more.

I think Deathcom was there last year. They may return this year (i wasn't there last year, but i looked on their site and they had AWA 05 there)

Kevin Lillard seems to frequent AWA. (fansview.com) I think he sets up a photo place where you can go and get your pic taken for his site

Don't stress so much about the picture-takers! There are...100s of people there with cameras :) you're certain to get your picture taken and most of the time, they may be really nice. Sure, the professional cameras of con photographers always do great, but other folks can take a pretty nice shot too.

Amechan
08-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Well, the only problem with that is you have loads of people take pictures and only about 5 of them appear online... and only 3 of them look good. Or atleast that's what happened to me last year. XP

Neko-Ryu_Lander
08-26-2006, 08:46 AM
well the question is do you want to cosplay to have fun or is your goal to have photos taken to have them put online? If that is your goal find Keven's table thats a guarentee. If you want pics for yourself (like me) then half the fun is finding them...(which i can never do) For those i say find a friend with a camera and get them to take the photos.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-26-2006, 11:24 AM
yeah. always have your own camera and that way you can get all the shots you want. Take a friend that's willing and hold your own photoshoot during the convention or something.

oh, and since i only mentioned three photographers, lets just say only those three will be there. That is still only 3 pictures online (i think EBK may take more then one shot of cosplayers on occasion. But Kevin basically always puts only one on his site unless it's a single shot and then you're in a group shot. I'm unsure of how many Deathcom puts on their site of the same cosplayer)

one thing to remember, use a variety of poses...always have more then 3...because, that way, the ones that do end up online will be all different shots.

but i can understand how you feel that none end up online, but that is why you have your own camera and upload your own pictures

LostintheField
08-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Whelp, the wedding photographers I meantioned will be doing photos after all. Micheal Iacca's getting his site up, and my good friend Magus already has one: www.croneseraphim.com. There's also WashuOtaku, and LionBoogy. Trust me, you'll get enough attention.

LostintheField
08-26-2006, 02:09 PM
washu otaku's website is www.washu.org, just asked him.

Eurobeat King
08-26-2006, 02:57 PM
As Jessi-chan said, I'll be at AWA and taking lots of pictures. Since I won't be cosplaying, I'll just be walking around in normal clothes, taking pics. I'm not too hard to find, and if you do see me, feel free to come up and say hello. I'll be happy to take your picture. :) Also, if you're concerned about how the pictures turn out, after I'm done taking your pictures I can show you them to makesure they turned out okay. (that goes for anyone who poses for me when I do solo pictures.) ;)

Akarui-chan
08-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Yay!! You'll be there! lol. I see you every year at ACen!

Trust me people, he's good!

Ragresen
08-26-2006, 05:56 PM
EBK at AWA. with him being out for Dcon and AWA. I wounder if hey is just staying in atlanta for the entire time.

Amechan
08-26-2006, 06:07 PM
well this is a relief. I just hope my costume is "cool" enough to have pictures taken of it. The reason that I was worried is because my costumes never last longer than a day... I'm too hard on them. Like, my costume from last year is pratically destroyed to the point that it would be easier to start over from scratch than to fix it. And since I'm spending so much money on this years costume that I don't want to to be a waste.

Don't get me wrong though... I know I'm going to have fun. I always have a blast at AWA.

Eurobeat King
08-27-2006, 03:32 AM
EBK at AWA. with him being out for Dcon and AWA. I wounder if hey is just staying in atlanta for the entire time.

Haha no, I am heading home right after DragonCon and posting the pictures. Then I'll head BACK to Atlanta for AWA when those 3 weeks go by quickly.. ;)

well this is a relief. I just hope my costume is "cool" enough to have pictures taken of it. The reason that I was worried is because my costumes never last longer than a day... I'm too hard on them. Like, my costume from last year is pratically destroyed to the point that it would be easier to start over from scratch than to fix it. And since I'm spending so much money on this years costume that I don't want to to be a waste.

If someone asks me to take a picture, I usually will take a picture or two unless i'm really busy at the moment or I'm doing something like taking a breather (or getting a bite to eat.) So if you see me taking pictures, wait til I'm done with the current cosplayer and then come up and say hi. :)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-28-2006, 04:53 PM
I also want good pictures, but not because i seek attention or anything. It's just that i don't normally have enough good pictures of my costumes (see my gallery...it sucks!) I'll probably be Yuffie (KH1) all weekend unless i decide to change into something else

Black Jiraiya
08-29-2006, 01:06 AM
www.summasaultcrew.com

this is our site

My friend and I are hoping to take alot of pictures for AWA, only two of us out of the eight staff members are goin, check this site out, and e-mail requests to either adrian or me. Mine is kaisertiamat@yahoo.com

LostintheField
09-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Adrian's coming to my home convention? Only one phrase comes to mind..

DAYUM YO.:rockon:

Yuugiusa
09-10-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm going to bring a digital camera with me so look for a dark-skinned Akatsuki Itachi.:geek:

arashialexander
09-10-2006, 07:50 PM
This year at awa i've decided to concentrate on taking pics and less cosplay. I've recently purchased 3 external flashes for more light (no more silhouette cosplay pictures for me) and 4 lens filters to give my pics a sharper look. Right now i'm listing down when and where the gatherings are taking place at the con so if any body is looking for me i'll probably be in one of the gatherings.

DalaiLiam
09-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Ok... LOL. I bought some filters too. LOL. Anywho... I'll be taking pictures since I have 4 gigs of SD cards to fill up. I know there are a few pannels and shoots I have to be in, but other than that I'll be hunting down all the other get togetehrs and shoots.

Since I won't be walking 4 blocks to the con from parking, I'll also be bringing the photo assualt pack, with ropes and ladder. :P

arashialexander
09-10-2006, 08:22 PM
i actualy had these filters & flashes at d*con but i was't able to use them coz i was always in costume and taking pics with my compact camera.

Yuugiusa
09-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Sorry. Pardon for my lack of photography knowledge but... what are flashes and filters?:reverse:

Amechan
09-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Sorry. Pardon for my lack of photography knowledge but... what are flashes and filters?:reverse:

And flash is a blast of light that you use inside or when there is lack of natural light so that the picture does not come out underexposed. And a filter is something to put on a lens to make images sharper and protect the lens itself from damage.

Now that I think of it, I'll be there with my Digital Rebel XT, and lenses and filters, but I'll probably be cosplaying too much to take a heck of alot of pictures.