PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter Yule Ball

Mandy Mitchell
08-30-2006, 09:39 PM
The Young Adult Literature Track is holding Dragon*Con's first ever Yule Ball! I know this is such a short notice but the YA Track had to finalize the details for the Yule Ball. Here is their caption:

"Join the Young Adult Literature Track for the first ever Yule Ball at Dragon*Con. Join your fellow Hogwarts students for a night of well-mannered frivolity. Come in your Hogwarts finest for an evening of games, festivities, and a Young Adult Lit costume contest.

When? Sunday, September 3 at 8:30 in Regency V

Come in your fancy ball dress, your student robes, or whatever! To enter the costume contest, you must come dressed as a literary character. A Harry Potter costume, Alice In Wonderland, Dorothy...as long as it is a character from literature, you are eligible to enter! The contest is open to all ages, but in order to win you must stick around till we award the prizes about 10:00.

Come dance to some of today's popular music and hear dedications to your favorite HP ship! Later in the evening, Emerald Rose will be there to entertain us with their wonderful music. So come prepared to dance, dance, dance!"

http://yalit.dragoncon.net/

I'll be there in my Cho Chang school uniform because that's the only Harry Potter costume that I have. I hope other Harry Potter fans can make it!

Additionally, there is also going to be a Harry Potter Costuming Panel at Dragon*Con. It's called Hogwarts Unleashed and will be held on Monday, 1:00pm, in the Amsterdam Room of the Marriott.

Eurobeat King
08-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Ackk.. I wish that didn't conflict with the Sunday night masquerade. :lost: But since I'll be wandering the hotels while the masq. is happening (not watching it) and waiting for the contestants & cosplayers to come out to take pictures, I might stop by. :) We'll see..

HP-related, it's too bad 3/4 of the actors/actresses from the movies (including Katie) had to cancel out from attending.. :blubber:

TheDemon2300
08-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Hm...any literary character? So someone from, say, Ender's Game could attend?

Interesting....

Cool Scary Guy
08-31-2006, 03:45 PM
So is this going to be in that same tiny room the UAL had last year? OR, is the con giving them a bigger room for the ball?

Mandy Mitchell
09-13-2006, 10:09 PM
I posted up pictures from the Yule Ball at D*C 2006. Enjoy!

http://mandyscosplay.livejournal.com/814.html#cutid1