PDA

View Full Version : Tight Pants on guys ^^*

Setsuna22
03-15-2003, 04:22 PM
he... he... he... Just wondering...I am doing a Mad Hatter costume and the skirt I picked out is extremely tight against my body. How does one go about, um, "hiding themselves" If you catch my drift?
I've tried a few methods but they've all failed^^*

Pendrell
03-15-2003, 05:17 PM
*lol at thread topic* Heee. Uh... a dancebelt, perhaps? The guy who wore spandex pants at AWA suggested dancebelts to any guys wearing tight pants/skirts/etc. e_e; Of course I have no idea, myself...

Keurblitz
03-15-2003, 10:40 PM
Hmm.....
may I suggest tight undergarments?

And if you're... *ahem* flexible, then you can always *flex* it the other way..... ::thinks about it:: ouch.....

I wonder how Mana and Gackt does it....

Setsuna22
03-15-2003, 11:56 PM
Hmmmm.... Flexing is Tres tres painful, I've tried ><.... What are Dance belts? I've never heard of them? Perhaps, someone knows where I might find one????

Pendrell
03-16-2003, 12:46 AM
Um, after looking around a bit, I found some sites that feature dance belts... basically, they're designed to keep certain bits and pieces from migrating about during dance routines by holding them in place. <_<; I found a site selling 'em that explains the function of various types of undergarments.. they have a good selection, but you'll have to endure a barrage of pictures of scantily-clad men. 0_o Heheh. But that's a good thing if you want to see how effective the dance belts are. Yeah. u_u;; *lol* Just scroll to the bottom of this page (http://internationaljock.com/thongs.html) (so as to avoid inadvertently looking at the thong section *sweatdropsweatdrop*), there are five kinds sold there. I think that the AWA Heero said the dance belt is quite effective, and from what I could tell, it looked to be doing its job. ^^;

Edit: Aha, I knew this had been discussed before... there's a little talk of dance belts and.. TAPE.. in this thread. (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2443&highlight=dance+belt) :eek:

Menchi
03-16-2003, 01:09 AM
*shudders* i stil need to get one of them fo myself...why must my choice in costumes be so XD

ZiggyB
03-16-2003, 02:59 AM
I wear a dance belt for my Zack costume (in my costume gallery), because it's a body suit. Dance belts basically holds things in place for dancing (hense the name) and to smooth and pad everything down. It also prevents you from embarrassing yourself when a cute cosplayer walks by. ;-)

It's a must for plugsuits or body suits or anything body clinging.

Now if you want to hide things completely, you probably don't want to go with a dance belt since you'll still have a "bump."

Karisu-sama
03-16-2003, 05:40 AM
...tight pants on guys...drooooool....

- *ahem* 'scuse me. :p Would mention dance belt, but others already have.
*is outa here*

TsukiGuujin
03-24-2003, 04:41 PM
>>I wonder how Mana and Gackt does it....

No clue on Mana....but Gackt has this thing in his underwear.
Just to clear that up. XD

And since the rest of the world is NOT Gackt, and therefore doesn't have special underwear, etc, I vote for dancebelt, too. ^^

~~Tsuki~~

Kas
03-25-2003, 01:21 PM
:) Tsuki Guunji.. how do you know what's in Gackt's underwear?:devil:

TsukiGuujin
03-25-2003, 01:58 PM
XD!
Guujin. ^^

And there's this thing he did on TV. I don't know from experience, much as I might wish I did. XD

~~Tsuki~~

Dark Vision
03-25-2003, 03:55 PM
wow, dancebelts... must check out later. Well i've always worn bike shorts or track tights under. Helps a lot but now i wanna check out dance belts.

Michi
03-25-2003, 04:01 PM
Gackt is crazy and has something hard in there. He likes to knock on it in interviews.

But back in the MM days.. *stares at his Cyberland pants* I think he's tucking. X_x; I hope.

Dark Vision
03-25-2003, 04:16 PM
Maybe its a sports cup

Setsuna22
03-25-2003, 05:25 PM
Wow! Gackt 0.o! Anyways^^, I found a new way that's really simple. Put on a pair of tighty whities (spelling?) and duct tape around the "Area" So it's tight against your body. Don't wrap the duct tape all the way around your butt, though, because it will become loose and fall off. After it's "Strapped in," Just put another pair of tighties on, and your set. I wore a VERY tight skirt, and it was undetedtable^^! YAY! it only yook me, like, an hour to figure this out *smack* and it's the simplest way too!

Michi
03-25-2003, 05:35 PM
Justin should come to this thread. He's crazy with this stuff and his Fatima costumes...

Kabuki
03-29-2003, 08:23 PM
LOL OMG I just found this thread XD

I've used duct tape (and kleenex tissue to keep it from hurting TOO much when it comes off)....its a very painful experience and you can't last long if your doing lots of walking around...but I swear by it and its the method most used by pro drag queens

theres also special pantys/underwear 'gaffers'. 'tuck shorts', etc....I'd dig up links but alas I've lost them all LOL...>_> nothing a quick search in www.google.com couldb't find tho...

ahhh as for the actual process of taping yourself.....I think its better suited on private message...its a bit graphic in description XD

asmodeus
10-09-2003, 10:31 PM
'jes go to dis thread

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=472977#post472977

Mizuno Tenshi
10-12-2003, 07:55 PM
'jes go to dis thread

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=472977#post472977

Yeah guys... I already explained it all in that thread. And a dance belt ain't made to "minimize". It's supposed to be worn with everything UP, which doesn't make for a flattering female.

Tenshi

P.S. I need that thread made into a sticky...

Gren
10-12-2003, 11:39 PM
That thread would make a good sticky. This thread is old. broughtback from the grave in a fasion that is in the season.

Karisu-sama
10-12-2003, 11:39 PM
P.S. I need that thread made into a sticky...
'Allo? I did that already, didn't I??

Mizuno Tenshi
10-12-2003, 11:40 PM
'Allo? I did that already, didn't I??

Oops! hehe... :D
Absent-minded over here.
*huggles Karisusama* Thankies!

Tenshi