PDA

View Full Version : Viewing Photos on Apple

Nadeshiko
09-01-2006, 04:34 PM
I just got an Apple the other day. I'm rather new to the Apple interface. I'm very much used to the Windows interface.

My big question is if there is a way to view photos in slideshow mode without having to use iPhoto. (much like windows XP where I can just get to the directory and view photos from there)

Any help would be appreciated.

jtnishi
09-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the Mac world. =D

In OS X, you can certainly try opening the pictures in Preview. If you open multiple pictures simultaneously, they'll open up in a list on a sidebar, and you can run down them using the keyboard.

However, my big recommendation is to look into a free piece of software called PicturePopPro. It's what I've been using as of late on my Mac, and I love it. It's about the closest I've been able to find to a competent replacement for ACDSee (my favorite viewer from Windows). The interface takes a bit of getting used to, since it uses a lot of keyboard shortcuts, and the icons aren't obvious, which runs almost completely contrary to the Mac way of doing things. However, it's quick, it's clean, and it works well.

pengudeus
09-08-2006, 03:54 PM
If you want to do photo editing on the Mac and you don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for Adobe Photoshop, then you could look into getting the GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/). The GIMP ( GNU Image Manipulation Program ) is a very powerful program which will allow you to do many things to enhance your digital photos. It's also free ( source and price ).

shiroin
09-12-2006, 06:20 AM
used to shoot in RAW + JPEG Basic so i can browse through the pictures first with the JPEGs.

now I just use Adobe Lightroom and browse through the RAWs directly. :)