PDA

View Full Version : AC^3 Cosplay Cafe

DJ_Izumi
09-02-2006, 06:05 AM
AC Cubed Needs You. :D Initially we discussed a ‘Maid Café’ and later a ‘Host Club’, we settled on two things: 1) It will be a Cosplay Café. 2) My convention feature ideas aren’t allowed to be inspired by doujinshi anymore.

AC Cubed will be featuring a light drink and food service during the convention, exact features haven’t been specified but pop, water, coffee and light snacks are assumed and more is hoped. We have a space on the top floor of the hotel that will be arranged in a café setting as a relaxing place to get a snack without cramming yourself into a Tim Horton’s or something. It’s to be staffed by cosplayers, we aren’t picky about costume or gender, so long as the costume is practical for walking around tables and stuff.

The only tasks are really serving the food and snacks, taking money, and in general, looking cool in your costume. We don’t need a great many people for this, we estimate 2-3 people on staff tops during peak hours and only one during the late hours.

The service should continue late as well, till around 3am, so people enjoying late night con life can have somewhere to go to hang out and enjoy themselves. There should even be some light entertainment in the café during quiet hours in the evening and night like anime playing or Super Mario Brothers or something. :D

What we need are cosplayers willing to volunteer their time to help staff this feature. The hours you put in at the café count as volunteer hours to earn you rewards like merchandize, partial registration refunds or even complete refunds. (The hours/rewards list has not been arranged yet, so I can’t answer specifically how much time gets you what.) Even just donating an hour or two will be great as we don’t need a large amount of people. You can enjoy yourself, show off your costume while helping out the convention, and it’ll be much less stressful than working on security. :D

So if you’re interested or have anything to say you can drop a line here or contact me at cameronat82@hotmail.com for questions.

Cost of Valor
09-09-2006, 05:07 PM
That's a really cool idea accually

jusdepomme
09-11-2006, 09:03 AM
It's really a good idea. Don't know yet if I'll go to AC-Cubed, but if I do, I'll volonteer for sure.

Jerseymilk
09-11-2006, 03:20 PM
I'd be interested in doing this. Would you want us to actually be in character when serving people? *imagines someone dressed as Sailor Moon tripping and spilling someone's order all over them* XD

kei_urashima
09-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Ack...I have the perfect costume idea for that too (Tsubasa Syaoran's Outo outfit), but sadly it's too soon to get it in. Are you going to be doing this next year, because I'll probably be moved up to Napanee for my job and I'd love to help out.

Jesa
09-17-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure yet if I can attend AC Cubed but if I do, I am hoping to have at least most of a Vincent Valentine costume finished. I'd definitely be willing to spend some of my time helping out!