PDA

View Full Version : Rinoa's Shooting Star

Raine
03-15-2003, 08:57 PM
Since I've never made a weapon before in my life, I have no idea what to do. I desperately need help, anyone got any advice before I kill myself doing this? o.o;;

Okay, since you asked, I found this umm.. site place.

Here (http://www.ffonline.com/ff8/rinoa.htm)

Not the best, I know, but the best I could do... but hey, look in 'er gallery, nice pic in there!

Kiyoko-chan
03-15-2003, 09:44 PM
Could you post a picture, please (if you have one)? I'm not quite familiar with the shooting star. I could probably help if you had a pic ^.^

krystal1314
03-16-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Raine
Since I've never made a weapon before in my life, I have no idea what to do. I desperately need help, anyone got any advice before I kill myself doing this? o.o;;

I made mine out of priority mail boxes XD And it worked quite well!
First, I cut out the designs from a plain paper (It took me several tries to make this work considering there are 2 shapes of the "wings" on this weapon) Then I cut out 4 of each from the boxes. Then I covered each "wing" with this fuzzy fabric cause I thought it'd make a good effect ^_^
I cut out 2 circles to fit all of the wings in and stuck 1 on the bottom and the other on top... Then I stole my brother's Pokemon-cards-life-counter-thingy, LoL, so I could glue it to the top of it ^_^
There's a picture of it in my gallery, and I hope this helps, lol... :thumbsup:

Raine
03-17-2003, 12:24 AM
Ooh I ummm.. uhh... USED to be a pokemon card collector and happen to have some of those ^^+

Yours looks really good! Oh yeah, for the.. wingy... things... I was thinking of using really fluffy and long feathers. I can get those at any basic craft store, right?

krystal1314
03-17-2003, 07:37 AM
Hehe yups! I got my fabric from Rag Shop, you can basically get them at any craft store ^^

Raine
03-17-2003, 11:26 PM
Thanks ^^ You're an awesome help, and an amazing Rinoa cosplayer!

Maybe if my skirt's ever finished and I get around to putting zippers on my shorts and if I drop about 10 pounds I can be as good a Rinny cosplayer as you! (fat chance x.x)