PDA

View Full Version : Anime at D*C

london2191
09-02-2006, 11:16 PM
WERE YOU THERE?!?!

Saturday 2 2006

I was dressed as time-skip Temari. Check out my gallery to see if you were in the pictures. And if you took piccys of me, may I have them?

Also, I want to chat with the people I saw. =DD EEE!

DalaiLiam
09-03-2006, 01:35 AM
WERE YOU THERE?!?!

Saturday 2 2006

I was dressed as time-skip Temari. Check out my gallery to see if you were in the pictures. And if you took piccys of me, may I have them?

Also, I want to chat with the people I saw. =DD EEE!

I think I got a random of yu from a distance. I'll pass it along once I finish up all of DC.

london2191
09-03-2006, 11:51 AM
xD Thanks. I had brown hair, instead of blonde, so it'd be easy to tell if it was me or not.

I only found another Temari besides me and she was blonde and wearing the second outfit of Temari.

josht182002
09-04-2006, 10:16 PM
That was an awesome con. I was dressed as Renji from Bleach but i don't have any pictures of myself. Yeah so if anyone has pictures of a Renji with an 8' Zabimaru that works :rockon: send me a message with the pic. I was in costume from 5pm on saturday to 11pm on sunday. Oh and I think i saw you Dalai Loved the costume.

Danners
09-05-2006, 10:57 AM
That was an awesome con. I was dressed as Renji from Bleach but i don't have any pictures of myself. Yeah so if anyone has pictures of a Renji with an 8' Zabimaru that works :rockon: send me a message with the pic. I was in costume from 5pm on saturday to 11pm on sunday. Oh and I think i saw you Dalai Loved the costume.

I got a few pics of you. I was a friend of the Ichigo you tried to slice open with your Zabimaru :P

Here's a link for one of the pics I have of you. There's more if you search around my gallery though.

http://dvq.netfirms.com/adventures/nfpicturepro/displayimage.php?album=17&pos=132

josht182002
09-05-2006, 10:59 AM
thanks for the pics they were great photos.

mocha
09-05-2006, 12:18 PM

I have pics of your Renji. ^_^ I'll be posting them in my Dragon Con gallery later today.

HopelessHavoc
09-05-2006, 12:23 PM
I've got some pics of you as well josht182002. There are about 4 or 5 in my DragonCon gallery so far ^^
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=50918&member=39656

EDIT: Oh, and I was anime characters nearly the whole time ^^ So if anyone got pics of me as Lil' Slugger, Greed, Vash, Kenpachi, or Alexander Anderson please send them my way. Thanks

LostintheField
09-05-2006, 02:46 PM
i was Lacus...and Lacus...and another Lacus..

-___- Getting sick of Lacus.

jesspanda
09-05-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm looking for a cosplayer who was the guy from Megas XLR and was at my hentai panels both nights....

PM me if you know who this was...
~Jess~

london2191
09-05-2006, 07:48 PM
xDDD -cracks up bloody murder- On Saturday we were in the food court eating and I saw a Renji and Yachiru. So I was that time-skip Temari making my black friend take a picture of you while you were eating. =DDDDD

(I have the picture of you in my gallery)

Anyone have any of me?

PhoenixGate
09-06-2006, 11:22 AM
It was awsome. This was the first year I had did cosplay at the con and I had a lot of fun. It was really great to see all the Anime costumes this year (though it seemed to be not as many as I remember seeing in the previous years) and I got to see how the contests were done. I was very impressed that the Narotu group won the Masquerade- Great job guys! and I got to meet some of you face to face from here. Renji was awsome! The 9-tailed fox demon was really neat too. Some really nice cosplays this year.
This year I played Inuyasha and got many compliements. I was a little sadden by the lack of Inuyasha cosplayers this year but its an older anime than Bleach or Naruto.

lostchildmiroku
09-06-2006, 04:28 PM
yo renji.. rember me?? its kimpatch ( sp i dont know how to spell his name ) the girl with the black hair spiked back ^.^ with they eye patch i saw you me and my other friend ^.^

lostchildmiroku
09-06-2006, 04:32 PM
seems to me you did not see the masquerade i was the naruto in the skit and my friend eva was the nine tail in the skit ^.^ oh and i cosplayed kagome

london2191
09-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Zomgah, are you the Inuyasha with the squeaky ears? xDD Poor kid, we kept squeaking her ears and she looked like she wanted to die. -slaps knee in laughter-

ShadowSaber, tis I! Time-skip Temari! One of my teachers adored your costume when I showed it to him. *he likes manga and anime* He thought I had photoshopped it. xDDD

vamphunterx
09-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Well, anyways, as I was saying in my other thread, One way to tell anime's not so popular at D*C, I just thought the whole mispelling of Naruto on the Dragon*Con site was funny, considering the whole "Dragon*Con hates Anime" talk I've heard from people. I personally don't buy into it, its just not well known there. It'd be like having a Borg costume at AWA. I don't think people would hate on you, there just might not be alot of people who know about that stuff there.

They do use celebrity judges, but these judges are chosen based on the type of people that attend Dragon*Con. Most of the people you see at anime cons are 25 and under, while at Dragon*Con its mostly 25 and up, people who grew up in the days when the original Star Wars trilogy had come out in theatres, way before anime became popular here in the States. Most D*Cers are very familar with Stormtroopers, not Shinigami. But we are slowly changing that as anime/manga fan numbers are increasing every year at D*C.

Anime is gaining steam at Dragon*Con, but its still a minority there. Thats all I'm saying. I'm not saying anime is hated there or looked down on. Just not well known. I don't think anyone there is really gonna waste their time "hating" on anime or cosplayers, at least I'd hope not. Whats the point in that? It be like anime fans hating on Star Wars. It just really doesn't sound realistic when you think about it. Why hate it. If you don't know anything about it, thats one thing. But to look down on something you don't understand, thats foolish. I personally like anime and Star Wars and alot of fantasy stuff like LOTR, so I've always enjoyed Dragon*Con.

london2191
09-06-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm completely agree with you. Now that everything, like Bleach and Naruto, is getting more popular, people will become familiar with it as they see it.

reannaremick
09-06-2006, 10:25 PM
Actually what's funny is anime/manga USED to be really really popular at Dragon Con when it was much smaller, but I think that was largely because conventions used to be the only place you could find it. I could never buy anime from anywhere but the bootleg guys on VHS at Dragon Con. It's only since it became more mainstream that a lot of the anime dealers stopped coming and it became more about comics again. But as far as cosplay goes, it is getting bigger there once again. My first costume though, way back in 1996 was Sailor Moon, lol, and people loved it. It's weird how much things have changed.

vamphunterx
09-07-2006, 02:20 AM
Oh really, hmm thats interesting. I guess thats back when anime was like a secret "underground" thing. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't expect anime to ever really be HUGE at Dragon*Con, at least not for long. What makes it great is that its a multi-genre con. Its got a little bit of everything. But I would like to see a little more anime stuff in the Masquerade. I'm glad the Naruto group won an award in it this year. It may help get the ball rolling for next year.

london2191
09-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Yeah, that too. But we won the anime cosplaying contest in honorable mention. xDD That's kinda stupid tho' coz' it was an ANIME cosplaying contest and honorable mention is the weanie award. Lol.

But, hey! I got two free episodes of Samurai 7!

Mandy Mitchell
09-09-2006, 03:55 AM
That's why I wore my Sakura costume at D*C. I'd figure that it was more easily recognizable within the anime genre. I don't have very many non-anime costumes, but at least I got to wear my Cho Chang costume three of the four days of D*C.

london2191
09-09-2006, 02:04 PM
xDD Well, I wore mine regardless of whether or not people would recognize me, but apparently a lot did.

Reatrea
09-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Hello guys! It's me!! Tsunade-sama!

I went to D*C! I was Tsunade and I saw many other Narudards there! So much fun! (Anbu Kakashi was scared in one photo of me! Beacuse.... I was Tsunade!!! ((and a little hyper)) And I gave Rock Lee some sake!)

arashialexander
09-10-2006, 08:49 PM
In my opinion there's was a sizable anime precense at d*con. As for anime haters their always out there.

london2191
09-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Oh noes! -gasps- Rock Lee...Sake?! Those words should never be together in a sentence!

Reatrea
09-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Yup! Saw the drunken fist and everything... quite entertaining! Too bad I didn't snap a pic!

london2191
09-13-2006, 07:15 PM
You need to upload your piccys Tsunade-sama. ;_; I'd like to see them all.

Reatrea
09-14-2006, 06:25 PM
In that youtube thing I have all my piccys except the one's of the parents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxlB3gSQ0X8

london2191
09-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Yeah, but I don't want the video, I want the actual pictures.

InuRinMiro
02-24-2007, 10:35 PM
KYUUUUUUBI!!!!!!!! As long as I have lunch money, I can GO to Momo*Con!!! But I neeeeeed a ride!!!! XD