PDA

View Full Version : Photographer wanted! (Must be crossplayer friendly!!)

Merle-kun
03-16-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm wanting someone to help me to take some nice pictures of my costumes. This can either be done by meeting up at a convention, or by arranging something out side a con. I'm on the east coast, specifically Virginia, somewhat near DC. The type of photographer I'm looking for is someone who will direct me to get a better pictures. As in telling me which way to turn, look up or down a bit, etc. I don't want someone to just take a few quick pictures and call it a day. Having a camera isn't needed, since I own a good digital.

I would be willing to return the favor and take pictures of the photographer in their costumes.

If anyone is interested, please respond either here, private message, instant message, or e-mail.

I'm currently moving into a new house, so I will be out of touch for a few days or weeks, depending on how fast the net company is. X_x

Rosiel
03-16-2003, 12:51 PM
I'm always willing to help, you know. =)
And I can't wait to see the new house, Kei has been talking about it so much! (You're moving with them right?)

Menchi
03-17-2003, 03:42 PM
if ya were closer would be glad to merle-kun ^^;; i have cameras (3 of em that work) an LOTS OF TIME. but alas distance is the issue, gomen

Karisu-sama
03-17-2003, 03:50 PM
Didja get my PM?

Merle-kun
03-25-2003, 09:44 PM
Rosiel: I can never find you online to ask though! =P And yes, I moved with Kei.. did you think they'd leave me in a cardboard box? =3 So, when ARE you coming to visit? Staying before/after ICon?

Menchi: I appreciate it! ^-^ Maybe at a con?

Karisu: Yes I did.. just, I moved as Rosiel and I were talking about and Adelphia was being a frelling nightmare about their service.. oi.. big head ache. It's finally hooked up, but only because David finished what the tech guy didn't do ^^; But anyway.. I did get your PM just now (it was the first thing I read) but I haven't got to reply yet.. though.. the distance doesn't make it feasable =(

minako chan
03-25-2003, 09:58 PM
I met u at katsucon!!!(i was rio and kitty schoolgirl) I'd love to have a photo shoot! Maybe we could involve other Hampton Roads cosplayers!

Merle-kun
03-25-2003, 10:13 PM
Oh! You're the really cute girl I met! ^_^ Ne.. you single? ;) Anyway, I'd love to! But.. where's Hampton Roads? O_o

Menchi
03-25-2003, 11:25 PM
sure...not sure when tht will be but jus need to bring my good camera for that ^^;; my replacement con cam isnt so great ^^;;

minako chan
03-26-2003, 10:22 AM
(sighs) I'm not single...I have my special someone...when I say Hampton Roads, I mean all the cities like Norfolk,Portsmouth,Chesapeake,Va. Beach and so on

Merle-kun
03-26-2003, 12:18 PM
Aww.. all the cute ones are taken! ;_; But I'm happy for you none the less! =3 I'll PM about details and such so we can try to figure all of it out ^-^

minako chan
03-26-2003, 12:23 PM
PM??? I'm a confuzzed kitty...I don't know all those fancy computer terms...

Merle-kun
03-26-2003, 02:10 PM
PM = Private message.. it should give you a pop up telling you that you have new email. And the forum should also email you telling you that you have new private messages as well.. would you rather talk about it in here? Or try out the PMs?

minako chan
03-26-2003, 06:27 PM
Pm-ing is fine! >^.^<

kyandi-chan
03-26-2003, 10:29 PM
*wants to help....but has been shunned by merle-kun* i have...a camera......i take photography...

minako chan
03-27-2003, 12:03 AM
shunned?how?

ainslye
03-27-2003, 12:40 AM
Merel-kun... I am a baltimore based photographer. www.jensnyder.net
I can work digital to go directly to the web, or prints if you prefer to hold those yummy glossies. digital can be more fun. I work with a sony mavica CD1000 for digital work and the trusty nikon for prints. I prefer working with my own equipment, but I can use yours if you prefer. You can pm or email me at jen@life-stream.net if you're interested :)
and i was a fine arts major.. crossplay is fun and TAME compared to some of the things I've seen. x_x

Merle-kun
03-27-2003, 09:24 AM
Shunned as in that person (Kyandi chan) is stalking me X_x And she sicked her friends on me too... argh... leave me alone already! Sheesh...

Ainslye: Ooooh.. that sounds good =3 Emailing now! Hopefully nothing pulls me away from the email (like work) ^^;

PS: I'm heading to ICon in New York today.. so I'll be out of touch for about 4 days or so...

minako chan
04-03-2003, 11:00 PM
Update: I e-mailed the guy from Mabroshi studios asking him if he wanted to do a photoshoot here in VA. I think if we can get a big enough group and find him lodging, he will come. Visit his site, OMG he takes the BEST pictures ever!
www.risingsun.net

Merle-kun
04-04-2003, 01:40 AM
That's cool! =3 So we don't need to take care of travel, just lodging? Well, since I dont live very close to you guys... I'd also need some way to get down there ^^; I doubt I could borrow a car for that long a trip... How many people are we up to currently?

minako chan
04-04-2003, 09:33 AM
Hmmm...so far, just me and you buddy...When he writes back, I'll hop into action but until he does, all we can do is wait...(hates waiting...)

ps-where in VA are you?...

Merle-kun
04-04-2003, 01:26 PM
I'll tell you my town in private message since my stalker is on this forum X_x

Hikaruchan
04-04-2003, 01:49 PM
I live too far away to help out, but might meet you at Otakon maybe so could take some pics then. Around my general area, there are no other very active cosplayers in short drivable distance - which is sad as it would be fun to have photo outting to parks and stuff.

Merle-kun
04-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Okay! I'll definately be at Otakon. I can't remember if I said it or not in this thread.. I haven't read back in a while.. ^^; But I will.. I'll be in the dealers' room most of the time working, so that'll make me easy to find. Just locate the I.C. Entertainment table =3 Or we can figure something out before Otakon hits! ^^

minako chan
04-09-2003, 10:08 PM
Yay!!!The guy from risingsun.net said he'd consider doing a photoshoot for us!!!!! Once all this is confirmed, I'll start a thread for it!!!
Merlekun-Can you make it? I don't think you live that far. Use mapquest to see how long the drive will be. The photoshoot is goi
ng to be at Munden Point Park in Va. Beach. The address is
2001 Pefley Ln, zip 23457

Schu
04-14-2003, 03:09 AM
I take photos. I can't think of any intelligent way to say that. ;)

I'm pretty much good for anything you can throw at me crossplay wise. I go to most of the larger east coast cons and would be up for a roaptrip once in a while. I have a 4mp nikkon digital camera, which not being the best, takes very good quality pics for it's price and what I use them for... I've got a good eye for photos, and lots of practice; so if anyone needs a photographer, feel free to pm me ;)