PDA

View Full Version : AnimeFEST 2007

Koda89
09-05-2006, 02:55 PM
So....now that A-FEST 2006 is in the history books, it is time to look into the future.

So, let's start this with....I dunno....maybe your early cosplay plans for next year's A-FEST?

For me....the only one that is a 100% sure fire one is my Negi Springfield one that I am working on....I MAY have Alucard finished by then as well......

Kagz
09-05-2006, 02:58 PM
I see Bleach in my future. I wanna get everything done for Soi Fong. weee!

Koda89
09-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Oh, that reminds me....me and 2 of my friends are planning on doing a Bleach(and one other anime mixed with it) skit at A-Kon 18. So far, all we know that will be in the skit is me as Captain Aizen, and my friends as the 13th Captain and Hitsugaya.

I may carry my Aizen outfit over to A-FEST as well....

Lady Saea
09-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Yay for future plans. None of these are set in stone, but here are some possibilities for me (yes I know its in my sig...oh well :D ):
Kuchiki Byakuya (Bleach)
Souseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
Zero (Mega Man X)
Holy Knight Delita (FFT)
Shuyin (FFX-2)
Karsh (Chrono Cross)

... And of course I can't see a reason why I wouldn't bring Sephy or Cloud back. :D

Arei
09-05-2006, 03:38 PM
i might end up going as rupi again..only i might have my release for this next year...im hoping to get that done in time for akon 18 >:3

Kikala
09-05-2006, 04:11 PM
I'll have Kyuubi Naruto (Time Jump outfit) more then likely. I'm thinking of bring Kakashi again, cause I didn't get to do much, and it was fun getting asked, 'What happened to your voice!?' and 'Why's Kakashi so short?' X3
I'll also more then likely have Jack Sparrow done by then, and let's see...
I'll also probably do Rukia from Bleach, not sure which outfit, but I've always wanted to do a Bleach costume, and I love Rukia... so yeah.
Another one I want to do is Sexy no Jutsu kakashi. w00t!

It kinda all depends on who all I can get done by A-Kon.

Iwakuralain16
09-05-2006, 04:45 PM
haha... I am doing either a naruto or bleach outfit for next year... I am unsure which right now. lol Maybe something from beck? Hm... too early to decide >_<

Cat-Chans
09-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Hang on...
Um..I don't think I have anything planned that far.
AMAZING
I think I was going to try and have my Chii book 5 dress done for next summer, so I would probably wear that, I've wanted to do Sakaki's cafe outfit for a LONG time so that is a possibility

Of course I'll probably watch something new and fall in love and do that.

SailorSaturn
09-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Definately Jpop. Maybe Koda Kumi or Utada Hikaru..I might bring Temari again, They REALLY seemed to like it.

PockyFairy
09-05-2006, 05:02 PM
I suck at planning ahead, but I know for sure Amano Vivi will be with me at all times after it's done. Also prolly making a Hikari Kamiya from Digimon season 2...
and MAYBE...
a Wall-market (insert name)....because SchizoIori says. And so Jonobi can be a pimp Sephy.

chouzan
09-05-2006, 05:05 PM
I'll be finishing my Hiyori from Bleach for next summer's cons, and I also am really wanting to cosplay shingami Rukia with her Sode no Shirayuki. *_*
I'm also planning on cosplaying Tamaki from Ouran in his Alice in Wonderland outfit! o:
Most likely, I'll do Kyoko's gang outfit again since I never really wore it at AFest or A-kon this year... >_>

mel-mel-chan
09-05-2006, 05:56 PM
I can't even explain how no plans I have for next year. I try to take things a con at a time. I will probably still be into bleach, it's one of my fave series ever. I've got 2 cons I know of between there so there's still a lot of time for things to change and new stuff to come out. In fact I came to this afest with only 6 costumes and ended up cosplaying 8 characters....

CaptainCid
09-05-2006, 07:51 PM
I know for a fact that I'm working on a Loz costume for A-Kon and Afest next year.

If more money shows up, I will begin working on a Kain (FFIV).

Koda89
09-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Wow.....Loz.....sweeet! Maybe also a return showing of Tseng as well?

CaptainCid
09-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Oh yes. Tseng will definitely be back. I enjoyed walking up to people and staring.

culumon7
09-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Hopefully Tama-chan with four or more fairies. I seem to be slow making costumes now, but should be easy since its just a yukata and apron...

Koda89
09-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Oh yes. Tseng will definitely be back. I enjoyed walking up to people and staring.

W00t! Maybe if I see you around while I'm dressed as Aizen(looking more like my main pick for the con), we can walk around together and randomly stare at people. :reverse:

SchizoIori
09-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Amano Rydia perhaps, Lucemon, I always have a Tifa costume with me, something else tactics related, more lolita stuff. ^_^

astillar
09-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Definately Jpop. Maybe Koda Kumi or Utada Hikaru..I might bring Temari again, They REALLY seemed to like it.

Ooo, two of my favorite j-poppers. I'd like to see that.
Although not necessarily for AnimeFest, I've got a growing urge to put together a group Venture Brothers cosplay for some Texas con next year.

CaptainCid
09-05-2006, 08:39 PM
I've got a growing urge to put together a group Venture Brothers cosplay for some Texas con next year.

No lie; that would be BAD ASS.

Koda89
09-05-2006, 09:12 PM
No lie; that would be BAD ASS.

Yes it would.......I call Brock! :skidude2:

astillar
09-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Hell, if you've got the muscles, go for it! Me, I'm more along the lines of a scrawny character like Dr. Venture or Monarch. Of course I ain't picky; I'd cosplay any character to be part of a VB group.

Koda89
09-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Heh, I don't have muscles.....T_T.......

CaptainCid
09-05-2006, 09:53 PM
I'd probably end up doing one of the brothers themselves or the albino guy.

Koda89
09-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Ya.....one of the VBs themselves sounds more doable......

Amaya De'Morte
09-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Although not necessarily for AnimeFest, I've got a growing urge to put together a group Venture Brothers cosplay for some Texas con next year.

ohh that'd be awesome.

Amaya De'Morte
09-05-2006, 10:02 PM

ohh that'd be all sorts of hardcore awesome.

peony
09-05-2006, 10:41 PM
I have no idea if I'm going, a lot of my group members were rather upset about A-Fest, I have no idea if we're going to go again or not :( But even though the con may have been disorganized/frustrating at times, I like seeing all the cool people I meet on here! I swear, the KH kids are always the most excited about life XD I love seeing them!

Neeymuffin
09-06-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm trying to make a Hayner costume for next year, and I have a Kiba in the works, too... once, y'know, I get a steady job and have some cash coming in to buy materials. Dx;;; curse you, cinemark, for making me wait to get a job... -shaking the virtual fist-

But Angel!Aeris is coming back. I had too much fun parading around being yuri!Aeris with Rikku. xDDD;

but first, I might want to shed the extra poundage I've been carrying. ==;; off I go to play DDR for the next five months. Dx;;; wish me luck? -haha don't hold your breath-

Kitaki
09-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Im hoping that Kenpachi will change enough to make him another interesting costume for Saturday, as for sunday I plan to go as Krad from D.N.Angel and my friend is going as Dark.

Viverra
09-06-2006, 08:53 PM
I hope to try my first crossplay as Kuchiki Byakuya =O

josshouse
09-06-2006, 08:58 PM
oooh crossplay is fun. yes.

I have no idea if we'll be going back to Afest. If we do though, yall might want to keep an eye out for a skit starring a large Gyarados...

Phantom Pirate
09-06-2006, 09:18 PM
I see Pokemon. Lots and lots of Pokemon.

And possibly some POTC.

Mune-Pop
09-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Riza Hawkeye. X3

I've always wanted to cosplay her. Hopefully my boyfriend will go as Roy so we can lip-sing and fifties-dance to Ame no Hi Wa no Thank You! XD

Cat-Chans
09-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Im hoping that Kenpachi will change enough to make him another interesting costume for Saturday, as for sunday I plan to go as Krad from D.N.Angel and my friend is going as Dark.
You could always do the outfit from the 2nd OVA closing
(:

I've wanted to do Cop Renji since I saw it, but the wig investment is just to much for a costume not many would recognize.

thefinal
09-09-2006, 11:45 PM
goodness...a year away and we're already making some decisions? haha.

I don't know what my cosplay plans are for sure...but it depends what I get finished in enough time for ACEN or A-kon...but here's what I have lined up...

-Lun from Sukioden V
-Sialeeds/Syaries from Suikoden V
-Seras/Ceras Victoria from Hellsing (OVA outfit)
-Lehas from Magna Carta
-Saria from LoZ: Ocarina of Time

I might change some of these up...guess it depends again, when I get finished...or if I get finished ><;;

tahiti
09-10-2006, 02:27 AM
Augh.. I don't even wanna think about it.. but now that you mention it..
I'm thinking my sister and I will pull out the Chesire Cat versions of the twins from Ouran for AnimeFEST, and if we don't get them done by A-kon, our Avatar: The Last Airbender costumes (her: Kitara, me: Toph). Honestly, a lot can change in a year, so those are very tentative, but I do want to do them eventually.

Marika
09-10-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm... not really sure what I'm doing next year, but more than likely, it'll be pulling some of the costumes I've already got started out of the trunk and finishing them... so probably Vyse from Skies of Arcadia, Xiao Qiao from Dynasty Warriors 5, Curse Seal LV 2 Sasuke from Naruto, and/or (depending on where I stay) Cynthia from Silent Hill 4.

-_- I really need to finish the ones I have started before I start on any others.

Lady Saea
09-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Well since I just decided recently to do Kuchiki Byakuya for Oni-Con...I can definitely see that making its way to AnimeFest next year. :D

MaxSlasher
09-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Well, again, I'm doing Sora. Mostly because its the only costume I have right now, besides my Organization XIII robe. But, I may have a Human Sonic done. :3

And the KH2 Crew will reunite once more!

Mune-Pop
09-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Well, again, I'm doing Sora. Mostly because its the only costume I have right now, besides my Organization XIII robe. But, I may have a Human Sonic done. :3

And the KH2 Crew will reunite once more!Are you guys gonna sing again? XP

potatoplanet
09-11-2006, 06:37 PM
My friend wants me to go as Namine from KH2, seeing as my Rikku costume cost so much. Our skit though....I have no idea.

Any suggestions for a Roxas *possibly Hayner* and Namine?

MexicAnime
09-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Hmm, I might have to retire a few, but right now these are my strong possibles:

Hajime Saito, Rurouni Kenshin
Mousse, Ranma 1/2
Some other random cosplay, I haven't on decided yet.

My picks just seem to come out of nowhere.

If the Venture Bros thing happens, I wanna Call Dr. Orpheus. WHy?? Cause he's just the Man!! Although, so far the nly con's I can afford to attend are A-Kon and A-Fest, and Ikkicon's is a weak maybe. T_T

Mune-Pop
09-11-2006, 06:47 PM
My friend wants me to go as Namine from KH2, seeing as my Rikku costume cost so much. Our skit though....I have no idea.

Any suggestions for a Roxas *possibly Hayner* and Namine?Give me a moment...*Thinks*

Roxas and Namine...

Roxas and Namine...

Something to do with the sketchbook...

0_0

Or...fighting over who's the better nobody.

*Scratches head*

potatoplanet
09-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Roxas and Namine...

Roxas and Namine...

Something to do with the sketchbook...

0_0

Or...fighting over who's the better nobody.

Makes sense. I mean, the whole sketchbook thing WOULD work. Yes yes. xD

Although, I'm somewhat hesitant to do anything with the romance surrounding Roxas/ Namine...Roxas character = girl. Yuri = NO NO

@__@

Neeymuffin
09-11-2006, 07:53 PM

Although, I'm somewhat hesitant to do anything with the romance surrounding Roxas/ Namine...Roxas character = girl. Yuri = NO NO

@__@

Sweetheart, your mother would kill us if we did anything. Maybe josh *SHOULD* go as Roxas. >>;

I can just go as Hayner and be a loser. ^-^ Daniel might go as Pence and Zak's going as Rufus, so I've got plenty of stuff to do.

I sooo can't wait to start running people over with a wheelchair.

Mune-Pop
09-11-2006, 07:59 PM

@__@Yuri makes me cringe in fear, too. *Shudders*

SchizoIori
09-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Since Jonobi got me started on Bleach I want to cosplay as Hitsugaya since I'm short and would love to walk around in that pissed off face. So just one more thing to add to the list. X_x

chibi_sasuke_1
09-12-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm definetly going to be some version of Sasuke. Boy, I'm such a Sasuke fangirl :)

Wacka
09-13-2006, 12:12 PM
I'll still bring my Blaxel but I will have 2 other cosplays. Nero from dirge of Cerberus...and I think I'll keep my second secret as to surprise the masses.But let it be known I don't think anyone has ever done it before:schitzo:

Mune-Pop
09-13-2006, 09:44 PM
I think I might want to try out Tifa now, I think I look like her a little bit. XP

CaptainCid
09-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Zak's going as Rufus, so I've got plenty of stuff to do.

Hook me up with this person. I will wheel Rufus around!

SchizoIori
09-14-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm very tempted to bring my bleach EGL I'm making for a-kon if the other bleach egl-ers are going. ^_^

Kikala
09-14-2006, 04:02 PM
I know I will. ^^ I might try and get a few of my friends to make an EGL Bleach outfit too! -dances- I can't wait to see everyone's Bleach EGL!

MaxSlasher
09-14-2006, 04:34 PM
I'll still bring my Blaxel but I will have 2 other cosplays. Nero from dirge of Cerberus...and I think I'll keep my second secret as to surprise the masses.But let it be known I don't think anyone has ever done it before:schitzo:
Ooh, I'd like to see your Nero cosplay. =D

And you best be Blaxel. We can have the KH2 Crew without Blaxel. ;-;

Mune-Pop
09-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Ooh yay! Axel is on cosplay.com too!

I think Tifa's gonna work out; my mom's gonna help me get the right measurements. It'd be the easiest, since I wouldn't need a wig or contacts.

SchizoIori
09-15-2006, 10:31 AM
I know I will. ^^ I might try and get a few of my friends to make an EGL Bleach outfit too! -dances- I can't wait to see everyone's Bleach EGL!

Yay! EGL Aizen and Gin! We will take pics. ^_^

StarShiranui
09-16-2006, 12:38 AM
Oooh? For next year?

Well, I know that I'm doing two costumes. Elena again for sunday and one other day since I'm doing a skit with some friends. And then Tamaki too. *Nod*

Though Tamaki is harder to get the stuff for than I initially anticipated.

Kikala
09-16-2006, 09:38 PM
I might also have Hanataro from Bleach done for Afest, so I can have the EGL Aizen, and then a real Bleach character. ^^ I'm so excited, so my line up as of now (disregarding my sig XD; )

EGL Aizen from Bleach
Hanataro from Bleach
Haruhi from Ouran Host Club
Time Jump Kyuubi Naruto from... Naruto. 0.o;
And Kakashi, as always, from Naruto
and possibly one of the two sora costumes I have planned. I only had time enough to wear three for this Afest, but I plan on getting earlier hours for volunteering.

Inuyasha_Kun
09-17-2006, 01:28 AM
I didn't get to go this year....I wished I did.....I sent in 3 Anime Music videos into the contests and show case. But I don't know who I am going to be next year... maybe Sumomo from Chobits.. or Speedy from Samurai Pizza Cats

potatoplanet
09-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Okay, so, although my lovely Aeris desperately wants to do KH2, I think that something a little more original would be better. I saw SAILOR MOON! *heck yeah* xDDDD

What do ya'll say? Any other animes/ games? I'm totally open to ideas. ><

Kikala
09-21-2006, 02:18 PM
My brothers girlfriend and I are most likely going to be cosplaying Hikaru and Kaoru from Ouran Host Club, possibly the Cheshire Cat versions... ^^ Yay!

chouzan
09-21-2006, 07:09 PM
My brothers girlfriend and I are most likely going to be cosplaying Hikaru and Kaoru from Ouran Host Club, possibly the Cheshire Cat versions... ^^ Yay!

Freaking AWESOME! XD

I'm excited about making the Mad Hatter Tamaki, but it'll be quite pricey. x_x

StarShiranui
09-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Freaking AWESOME! XD

I'm excited about making the Mad Hatter Tamaki, but it'll be quite pricey. x_x

Another reason I'm sticking to just the uniform and such for Tamaki, it seems to be working easier on my pockets.

Blue_warrior
09-23-2006, 03:13 AM
Hey all,

I will bring back Vash next A-Kon and Anime Fest ( If I can afford to go now that I have Motorcycle payments heh) I have already started on my Bleach cosplay for A-Kon and Anime Fest next year.......7th captian Komamura Saijin, and no I'm not making the silly helmet....I'm making the Fox/Wolf head.

-Bearded Vash-

Wacka
10-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Ooh, I'd like to see your Nero cosplay. =D

And you best be Blaxel. We can have the KH2 Crew without Blaxel. ;-;

I will defidently bring Blaxel:rockon: I decided do throw off my Cloud cosplay and only do Nero. I can be Blaxel more that way:bigtu:

And while you're all here...Check out the banner (http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g248/Wacka14/pt3.jpg) I'm making one for the rest of the Kh2 as well:skidude2:

tahiti
10-17-2006, 09:04 AM
And while you're all here...Check out the banner (http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g248/Wacka14/pt3.jpg) I'm making one for the rest of the Kh2 as well:skidude2:
LOL... you and Bill. Too funny. Do Donald and Goofy get banners too?

StarShiranui
10-17-2006, 07:33 PM

THAT'S A WIN!

Cat-Chans
10-18-2006, 01:10 AM
Hey all,

I will bring back Vash next A-Kon and Anime Fest ( If I can afford to go now that I have Motorcycle payments heh) I have already started on my Bleach cosplay for A-Kon and Anime Fest next year.......7th captian Komamura Saijin, and no I'm not making the silly helmet....I'm making the Fox/Wolf head.

-Bearded Vash-
Awsome, I look forward to that

SchizoIori
10-18-2006, 10:22 AM
I might also have Hanataro from Bleach done for Afest, so I can have the EGL Aizen, and then a real Bleach character. ^^ I'm so excited, so my line up as of now (disregarding my sig XD; )

EGL Aizen from Bleach
Hanataro from Bleach
Haruhi from Ouran Host Club
Time Jump Kyuubi Naruto from... Naruto. 0.o;
And Kakashi, as always, from Naruto
and possibly one of the two sora costumes I have planned. I only had time enough to wear three for this Afest, but I plan on getting earlier hours for volunteering.

We should go evil around in our EGL bleach outfits. You know, scare some other Bleach cosplayers or something. XD

musicalmafia
10-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Man, I am so behind on AnimeFEST for next year. XDD I dumped and finished all my picture stuff from this year, and went straight to A-Kon plans.

Alrighty, I'll have a decent amount of costumes by then, so here's what I'll probably bring with me.

EGL Hanatarou from Bleach
Ep. 6/Wonderland Haruhi from Ouran
Maybe Il Forte again?
High possibility: The Jimis from Prince of Tennis. I'm planning to do a skit from one of the musicals, I just have to convince my other friend to do it with me. XDDD

So that's just a quick list for the moment. I've gotta run, though, band UIL competition tonight~

StarShiranui
10-18-2006, 08:00 PM
EGL Hanatarou from Bleach
Ep. 6/Wonderland Haruhi from Ouran
Maybe Il Forte again?
High possibility: The Jimis from Prince of Tennis. I'm planning to do a skit from one of the musicals, I just have to convince my other friend to do it with me. XDDD

So that's just a quick list for the moment. I've gotta run, though, band UIL competition tonight~

Heh, I may have to randomly follow you if I see you when I'm Tamaki. xD

And... UIL competition? =D What region? We just got back from our's.

Kikala
10-18-2006, 08:57 PM
We should go evil around in our EGL bleach outfits. You know, scare some other Bleach cosplayers or something. XD
lol, yes! most definitely. We defintitely need another EGL Bleachers meetup at Afest too!

And yes! -does a dance- I now have a twin, so expect to see Hikaru and Kaoru in their Cheshire cat costumes! I'm so excited. ^^

musicalmafia
10-18-2006, 11:26 PM
Heh, I may have to randomly follow you if I see you when I'm Tamaki. xD

And... UIL competition? =D What region? We just got back from our's.

XDD Feel free to if you see me, for that's a Tamaki thing to do.

=DD Ya! Well, I'm in 5A, from Rowlett. We just got done, too. Everyone made ones, basically. =o~

Wacka
10-19-2006, 02:03 AM
LOL... you and Bill. Too funny. Do Donald and Goofy get banners too?

Oh, I meant the Kh2 crew(those who performed for the crowds at Afest) but I will put donald and goofy in the comic I'm making about the Kh2 crew

anyway, here is the finished product
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g248/Wacka14/alltogethernowfinal.jpg

StarShiranui
10-19-2006, 06:34 AM
XDD Feel free to if you see me, for that's a Tamaki thing to do.

=DD Ya! Well, I'm in 5A, from Rowlett. We just got done, too. Everyone made ones, basically. =o~

Woot. I'm going to have fun when I'm dressed as him. xD

Ohh? We're a 3A, Princeton. We only had three in our region get ones, us, Whitesboro, and Celina.

._. Area will be fun though, more than likely it'll be a fight to the death between us, Celina, Whitesboro, Wills Point and Canton. Nothing new there. xD

kawaii_koju
10-23-2006, 02:18 AM
Rukia-BLEACH!
i'm not sure about the other costumes yet (it's still early :p)

Marika
10-23-2006, 12:16 PM
I'm planning on going for a day as Beelzenef, so if you see a gigantic kitty-puppet wandering around...

Rachael-chan
10-29-2006, 01:26 AM
I'm planning on going for a day as Beelzenef, so if you see a gigantic kitty-puppet wandering around...
I can't wait to see that.

benihime
10-29-2006, 02:35 AM
er hahahaha thats so far away. i have two cons before that. HOWEVER, i'm hoping to have yumichka (from bleach... the peacock guy) ready so asmaria and i can be 11th division rulers (bwaha). but ill def. bring urahara (maybe the pimp version?), probably kira (i should have it finished..) and momo. possibly my EGL kenpachi that im doing for a-kon. i'd love to have my snow there but no one will know who she is i'm sure :( oh well thats not stopping me for a-kon.

ah if i get watanuki or yuuko done i might bring those. ah now im into cosplay it's like i cant stop!

Kikala
11-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Yay, I have a Final Fantasy 8 or 9 character to add to my list. Squall or Zidane. I'm not sure which one I'll have for Animefest, I hope to have Zidane done, but if not, I'll at least have Squall. :3 Yay!

chouzan
11-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Woot. I'm going to have fun when I'm dressed as him. xD

Ohh? We're a 3A, Princeton. We only had three in our region get ones, us, Whitesboro, and Celina.

._. Area will be fun though, more than likely it'll be a fight to the death between us, Celina, Whitesboro, Wills Point and Canton. Nothing new there. xD

ooo you probably competed against my school's band! Argyle.. we just moved up to 3A this year. :D They got 5th and whined about it... pretty annoying (fifth is good). XD

YAY lots of Ouran cosplays! I am planning to make Mad Hatter Tamaki for AFest '07, as well as make an EGL Urahara from Bleach and polish my Sarugaki Hiyori from Bleach.

StarShiranui
11-28-2006, 06:51 PM
ooo you probably competed against my school's band! Argyle.. we just moved up to 3A this year. :D They got 5th and whined about it... pretty annoying (fifth is good). XD

YAY lots of Ouran cosplays! I am planning to make Mad Hatter Tamaki for AFest '07, as well as make an EGL Urahara from Bleach and polish my Sarugaki Hiyori from Bleach.

Yesss! I remember seeing them at the state contest! We ended up getting eigth (Mainly because one of the judges thought our high-step insulted the original. o.O) so we were a bit out of luck there.

But hey, it's still getting to state and all that so why complain?

chouzan
11-28-2006, 11:36 PM
Yesss! I remember seeing them at the state contest! We ended up getting eigth (Mainly because one of the judges thought our high-step insulted the original. o.O) so we were a bit out of luck there.

But hey, it's still getting to state and all that so why complain?

Exactly! They were all expecting to get first or second just because of winning 2A for two times in a row. :\
I can't count how many band friends I had to flat out tell to shut up and be proud of what they earned. XD

With the number of Ouran cosplayers at AF so far, it looks like we could have a photo shoot! That'd be really cool since I'm missing A-kon this year. T__T
(But it's for a trip to London, so I'm not that bummed! ^^; )

baku_neko
11-29-2006, 05:11 PM
I hope I can come to AFest. But I probably won't have a room to stay in. All my friends will be away at college. ;_;

My goal this A-kon is to make some more local friends in hopes having someone(s) to share anime with again. ^_^

Kikala
12-04-2006, 12:59 PM
So, my list has changed a bit:
Squall (maybe Zidane)
Jack Sparrow
Cheshire cat Hikaru
EGL Aizen
and possibly our Quidditch costumes we're making for the premiere of the 5th Harry Potter movie. ^^

windwaker818
12-04-2006, 06:53 PM
zidane?

so your going to be a crazy bald french dude that headbutts italians?! sweeet!

Kikala
12-04-2006, 07:33 PM
zidane?

so your going to be a crazy bald french dude that headbutts italians?! sweeet!
Totally! :D

Nah. XD;;; I haven't decided on Amano Zidane Tribal, or normal Zidane Tribal. ^^;;; I've always wanted to do an Amano costume, but I think there's more Amano Zidane's then normal Zidane's... I'm gonna stop talking before I confuse myself farther. XD

Karesu
01-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Im bringing a HUGE Kingdom Hearts II group with me for AFest... this year! Yay! We have...

Axel
Roxas
Siax
Larxene
Marluxia
Demyx
Zexion
Riku
Rikku
Sora (Maybe)
Squall (Maybe)

tahiti
01-01-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm planning on being there, with my sister. This is a tentative costume line-up, as school and work come first.
Hikaru from Ouran (with sister as Kaoru)
Steamboat Willie Donald (with Steamboat Willie Goofy)
Toph from Avatar (sister's Avatar costume is undecided)
That's it for now!
We might also bring out new and improved Donald and Goofy costumes, because our other ones will probably be needing tune-ups!

Kikala
01-03-2007, 11:47 PM
I just realized that Animefest does indeed now have it's own forum:
http://www.animefest.org/forum/

And, I might have another addition to my cosplay
My Kaoru (brothers fiancee) wants to do original Alice in Wonderland costumes (like one's from the book... ya know, before Disney). She's thinking of doin' the Cheshire Cat, and my brother would be the Mad Hatter, and I've been thinking about doing the White Hare. ^^; So, look forward to a big group. :D There will be more of us once we've decided more about it

Caytin
01-07-2007, 04:14 AM
I am hoping to do Guilt Na (female) from Vampire Doll.

I might possibly be a female tentacle monster for Afest. I haven't decided yet.

I'll probably fall back onto Count D and Farfarello.

CaptainCid
02-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Hmm. I'm probably going to just recycle whatever I wear at A-kon for AFEST. I really don't plan on making anything over the summer since my summer is packed full of stuff to do anyways. Though if I do make something, it will be Citan from Xenogears. Also, if for some odd, and yes this would have to mean I lose a limb or something, don't get Jiraiya done for A-kon, he'll be at AFEST.

Katie-chan
03-05-2007, 09:48 AM
I have all plans on going this 2007 year. Yah!! I was so heart broken last year I wasn't able to go and there was such an over load of cardcaptor sakura cosplays. I'm not sure if I'll have any made over the summer for a new cosplay for animefest but we will see. At the least, I will be Sakura from CCS/Tsubasab none the less.

Kagz
04-20-2007, 01:08 PM
I will be there as always, though I currently have no clue what I will be wearing. We shall see though.

Mucai
04-20-2007, 01:39 PM
I just realized that Animefest does indeed now have it's own forum:
http://www.animefest.org/forum/They added the forum just after the last convention.

I'm going to Otakon, Manifest and either ConnectiCon or San Japan this year. On current funds, I can't afford another trip for AFEST :( Should I win Div 1 or 2 in the lotto, I plan to jump on a plan and go to Anime Evoultion and AnimeFEST. :) Send me some luck?

alle_goriest
04-21-2007, 05:01 PM
I really hope I can make it to AnimeFEST this year, especially since my friends mostly won't be going to A-kon at all.

If I do make it, I really hope to bring my friends with me so that we can do a Paradise Kiss group!
But alone I really hope to have my Utena duelist outfit done by then (I'd be skimming by if I tried for A-kon, really), and...I dunno who else. ^^; Hopefully some fun stuff!

benihime
04-21-2007, 11:36 PM
definately going! afest well.. okay i had a bad time last year (some of it was my fault though) so im hoping to make this year amazing!!!

Arei
05-03-2007, 12:43 AM
i plan to go all the days this year..and i got quite a list of cosplays

my list:

Rupi + Release Form
Shipuuden Hyuuga Hinata
Fye D. Flowrite (maybe)
Zuko (Basingsai outfit)
Sumeragi Kururu (Tool Toul To unform)

this list will probably change...it always does lol

SchizoIori
05-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Might be doing one of the Princess Ai dresses and then Herba from FFU for afest.

Honey Usagi-chi
05-09-2007, 11:15 PM
I have all plans on going this 2007 year. Yah!! I was so heart broken last year I wasn't able to go and there was such an over load of cardcaptor sakura cosplays. I'm not sure if I'll have any made over the summer for a new cosplay for animefest but we will see. At the least, I will be Sakura from CCS/Tsubasab none the less.
I always go as Sakura xD I'm not sure if I'll be able to go as Sakura this year, so it's all open for you! =3 There better not be any Rayearth cosplays or I'll flip xD I'm going in a group of 4, Umi, Hikaru (me), Fuu & Emeraude (5 if you count our plush Mokona <3)

benihime
05-15-2007, 07:52 AM
hopefully ill have watanuki done for afest. as well as modifications to all my costumes.

SchizoIori
06-06-2007, 10:55 PM
ok, pretty much set on FFU and Okita Souji from peacemaker. Hopefully sai if I have money after those two. ^_^ I'm already psyched!

Arei
06-06-2007, 11:21 PM
My definates right now are Hinata, Rupi, Kururu and Rhode....Fye and Haruhi are debatable...need to make up my mind soon though lol.

Koda89
06-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Definites for me:

Ryuuken Ishida(Bleach)
School Uniform Aizen(Bleach) - I know....o_O;
EGA Inoue Orihime(Bleach)
General Sokaro Winters(D.Gray-Man)

Maybes for me are:

Kiba/Time Skip Shikamaru(Naruto)
Kyon(The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

Geez...I didn't realize until this post, but most of my outfits now...correction, all of my outfits, except for my Naruto ones, involve a dress suit of some kind...

Catzilerella
06-06-2007, 11:54 PM
I am hoping to do Guilt Na (female) from Vampire Doll.

I might possibly be a female tentacle monster for Afest. I haven't decided yet.

I'll probably fall back onto Count D and Farfarello.

Woo!
Yes! Guilt-Na!
That would be awsome!
I would love to cosplay Guilta-na someday, but I'm an amature...I dont think My sewing skills can get me a cool gothic lolitaish looking dress!
Goodluck!
I do hope you get to cosplay Guilt-na!

Catzilerella
06-06-2007, 11:56 PM
They added the forum just after the last convention.

I'm going to Otakon, Manifest and either ConnectiCon or San Japan this year. On current funds, I can't afford another trip for AFEST :( Should I win Div 1 or 2 in the lotto, I plan to jump on a plan and go to Anime Evoultion and AnimeFEST. :) Send me some luck?

San Japan was cancelled..well moved until next year Aug 2008.

:bigcry:
I was really looking forward to it.

Kikala
06-07-2007, 03:47 PM
i think I've finally figured out my final list of cosplays. And I guess I shouldn't really say Final since it'll probably change one or two more times. But yeah

OKAY, so... I've decided not to wear Jack again until I get a new wig.. cause the one I have is horrible. XD;
BUT, I will have these:
Cheshire Kaoru (Friend as Hikaru)
Vincent Valentine, the FF7 GAME version.
Kyuubi Time Jump Naruto (As always. XD )
EGL Aizen
Possibly:
L from Death Note (Depending on if I have a Light or Misa) and Akito from Air Gear. ^^

RedeadDie
06-07-2007, 06:57 PM
So far, I'm not really sure about cosplay. The only one I think I might do is Turk Vincent Valentine-FF7/DoC. I was thinking of pulling up some old cosplays, but I'm not too sure.

Hee-Hee
06-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Keep your eyes open for a large Lazy Town group hopping around to Bing Bang all weekend. XD S'gonna be awesome!!

Kid-friendly conventions = <3!!!

SidewaysVagina
06-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Can anyone tell me why AnimeFEST isn't on the convention schedule? Or is it? Am I blind? x_x

Hikaruhime
06-09-2007, 10:01 PM
I'll be bringing with me~

Kagome (Inuyasha)
Sai (Naruto)
Bridal Sakura (Naruto)
Raven (Teen Titans)
Bulma (Dragonball Z)

Inuyasha_Kun
06-09-2007, 10:05 PM
I will be bringing:

Inuyasha (inuyasha)
Ranma Saotome (ranma 1/2) (secrete costume and regular costume)
Sumomo (Chobits)

Schwelty
06-12-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm going to finish my Akito Sohma costume and cosplay him again...with a Yukiiiii (Kageh_Mygen)!! <3 May be Yura of the Hair if I can get her together in time too.

RabbitintheMoon
06-16-2007, 10:25 AM
double post

RabbitintheMoon
06-16-2007, 02:38 PM
I've never been to a prior AnimeFEST, so this will be my first one. I plan to bring my Bridgette kigurumi along and maybe another.

LilyChan
06-16-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm going to convince my mom to send me to AnimeFest as part of my 20th birthday in August. = 3= Yeah it's late and all that jazz, but eh. Here's hoping.

Technoir
06-20-2007, 06:06 AM
I will be there, in...

- Harlock from all of the Captain Harlock series.
- Light from Death Note. Not sure which outfit yet, but something different.
- Kasanoda from Ouran.

Possible:
- Kasanoda (Neko Maid outfit) from Ouran.
- Tamaki from Ouran.
- Mighty Boosh cosplay that no one will recognize anyway!

SchizoIori
06-21-2007, 07:50 AM
I started Dyeing my first of two Souji wigs since I'm doing both versions of him and I couldn't help but wonder, where's all the Peacemaker Kurogane love?

Anyway, might do Ling Xiaoyu's special costume from Tekken 5, or Seong Mina's 2p from soul cal. II.

benihime
06-21-2007, 09:58 PM
ill be bringing
watanuki (apron outfit), school yumichika, yumichika (feather guy, bleach), surpise bleach cosplay, nell, inui (with inui juice), EGL kenpachi.

if i wear all of these i will be suprised

Honey Usagi-chi
06-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, a total shift in plans xD I'm kinda spazzed at the moment from getting an insane cold X_X; but I'm making my brain function somehow x3 Here are the costumes as planned:
-Sakura from CCS, in the most awesomeness awesome outfit EVAR :D Accompanied by Meilin (My Tomoyo/Umi is wary of doing it as she's leaving for Taiwan for two months)
-Hikaru Shidou from Magic Knight Rayearth in 2nd season armor. I will be accompanied by a Fuu at the least, as my Umi seems to have lost interest. I shall do my best to pull my group together.

LilyChan
07-18-2007, 01:08 PM
I don't think I'll be going anyway. Not like anyone's going to miss me.

Honey Usagi-chi
07-18-2007, 02:22 PM
I've been attending AnimeFEST's conventions since 2004, and I've never really had the urge just to go to find people to meet up with (Well, I didn't really meet people till last year & I found them here) Don't have the decision of going based on people, or what you think people think about you, that just sucks the fun out of life ): 'Tis poopy. I learned about c.c last year but never bothered to join till months ago. I barely know anyone xP though I'm making an effort to change that...

Cat-Chans
07-18-2007, 02:25 PM

D:
I'll miss you

LilyChan
07-21-2007, 06:20 PM
I've been attending AnimeFEST's conventions since 2004, and I've never really had the urge just to go to find people to meet up with (Well, I didn't really meet people till last year & I found them here) Don't have the decision of going based on people, or what you think people think about you, that just sucks the fun out of life ): 'Tis poopy. I learned about c.c last year but never bothered to join till months ago. I barely know anyone xP though I'm making an effort to change that...

I realize I shouldn't care what others think of me, but I tried to be part of a group so hard, I lose myself. Like, I don't stay true to myself and they end up not liking me. That and the fact that I am rather shy.

Cat-chan; D'aw <33

Honey Usagi-chi
07-21-2007, 11:04 PM
I realize I shouldn't care what others think of me, but I tried to be part of a group so hard, I lose myself. Like, I don't stay true to myself and they end up not liking me. That and the fact that I am rather shy.

Cat-chan; D'aw <33
Welcome to the club? I'm out of the groups pretty much, I'm all over the place. I find conventions to be the best place for me because I can show a portion of myself despite my introversion and be accepted. I've went through that situation before, and if they don't like you for who you are screw them. It may sound easier than it looks, but I just left. And that was the end of that.

Aw hell, go to Afest, I for one would wanna meet you :]

tahiti
07-24-2007, 06:25 PM
So uh since my plans have changed like OMGWOAH, yeah, here's my list:

Princess Kakyuu (Sailor Moon)
Miwako (Paradise Kiss)
And any Ouran outfit I have, which means Hikaru or Honey-chan, or Wonderland!Honey-chan. I just can't get away from teh bunny.
Donald MAY get shoved into my suitcase, but since my Goofy has turned to the dark side (she's going as an Org XIII), I'm not really up to bringing him out. I would've LOVED to have Timeless River Donald, but oh, well. Another time. (More money to put in for the total awesomeness of my Oni-con Donald costume.. mwahahaha..)

Andddd.. that's it.