PDA

View Full Version : How was your A-fest 2006 experience?

SchizoIori
09-05-2006, 11:02 PM
All cons must have this obligatory thread. I had an interesting time. Hung out with some cool people, was so very proud of my Jonobi for how amazing he looked in our costumes, met some awesome people as well, but I also got sick and junk. However my highs were art auction, FLOW concert, doing pics with Jonobi, and hanging out with all the cool people I met. All together, minus the few downers I had a good time.

So how was everyone else's experience?

Kikala
09-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Honestly, seeing as how I wasn't caught up in any drama (minus that that goes on in the Operations room, but being in the room where anything can and does go wrong, it's kinda hard not to get caught up in it. XD;; ) I had a great time. ^^ I got to hang out with loads of amazing people, and met most the people online I wanted to meet. I was really happy to make it in time to the Video Game shoot. It was fun.
I do wish I could have cosplayed more and actually got to enter the cosplay contest. -sigh- but I ended up helping, which I'm glad because I got to know you guys better!
The FLOW concert was amazing though! I LOVED it! I'm happy it was my first con concert. And the reason I have no voice. X3
But yeah, I had a great time and it has been one of my best cons ever!

Danzikumaru
09-05-2006, 11:06 PM

Kim and I spent most of the time working the Ikkicon table, but we did get to meet a lot of interesting people, yo!

SailorSaturn
09-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Best convention so far! I met some awesome people..GOT TO SEE FLOW!! Bought stuff..got complimented on my cosplays..wonderful!

CaptainCid
09-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Mine was amazing. Thanks to you (Schizo) as well! You guys were so nice about me being in your room all of the time. Thanks so much for making my con awesome!

Highlights of my con was Sunday (everything past rehearsal hell), the FLOW concert and hanging out with the 1510 group.

SchizoIori
09-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Mine was amazing. Thanks to you (Schizo) as well! You guys were so nice about me being in your room all of the time. Thanks so much for making my con awesome!

Highlights of my con was Sunday (everything past rehearsal hell), the FLOW concert and hanging out with the 1510 group.

Hells yea our room rocked! XD Hey we enjoyed hanging out with you. Definitely added to my con experience to have some one remember me from a-kon and hang out with us the whole weekend. we're all about the hanging out with cool people like you.

chouzan
09-05-2006, 11:14 PM
I had a great time... even though it was my sixth con, it was the first time I've ever gotten to stay every day with a hotel room. It was also the first time I've participated in photoshoots and actually played games in the gaming room. XD
I bought a lot of cool things, and FLOW was AMAZING... I also screamed my voice away, Kikala. A little pain was worth it, though! ^^;
And I stood in an elevator with KOHSHI (and some other people that were unaware of who the Japanese man in the corner was)! O_O I really wish I knew Japanese so I could've said something. T__T
Also, I met some new people and became better friends with some that I already knew.
Even though the weekend went by really fast, I had a wonderful time! ^_^

Koda89
09-05-2006, 11:16 PM
I LOVED the FLOW concert!

I had a great time overall, met a few people, and had no real drama.......until the ride home......we planned to head back to Oklahoma in a 3 car caravan(that would then turn to a 2 car caravan, as 1 car branched off towards Ada, while the rest of us went to Oklahoma City). Our car got lost on the Dallas highway for a bit. Then after eating lunch, we went to get gas.....one of the cars BREAKS DOWN! Turns out the starter broke....it ended up working again.....1 & 1/2 hours later! Then once we got back into Oklahoma and got past Ada, our 2 car caravan got caught in an ungodfully long traffic jam.....in the end, our 3 hour drive back to OKC turned into a 7 hour drive! >_<

MintyFreshNinja
09-05-2006, 11:31 PM
:eek: wow, sory about that koda. this has been my favorite con so far.

i yelled so much at the FLOW concert my voice is just now getting back to normal!

meeting all of you guys ( i had no idea that i'd get to see soo many cosplay.comers)

chilling out with cool roomates :angel:

astillar
09-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Hmm, it turned out better than I expected.
Arriving at AnimeFest only to find out that I was homeless seemed like a bad omen. And then changing into costume in the $5 parking lot, not too much fun there either. Sneaking into the "This restroom is closed for construction" bathroom to change into my other costume was thrilling, yes, but still kinda stressful. Those bad bits had me _this_ close to cutting my losses and going back home.
BUT! I got to meet all the cosplayers I meant to meet and found the gatherings I was supposed to be at and after failing to do so at A-cen, A-kon, and Otakon, this made me very happy. That more than made up for the fact that I was a ronin cosplayer all weekend.
I didn't expect much from this little con, but AnimeFest surprised me. It was tuns of fun.

Cat-Chans
09-06-2006, 12:23 AM
It was my best con of the year, quite possibly the best con I've ever attended.
I had high hopes for this one since A-kon sucked so bad and it more than made up for it.
I got to meet a lot of people I've only know online until now and hang out with some pretty cool people. I went to this con solo and was nervous about it but it turned out great.

My favorite meomories would have to be the car accident, the bleachtastic wedding photos, and hearing the bleach kids BWAHAHAHA after my walk on.

Jet_Texas
09-06-2006, 12:42 AM
Had a Great time.

This was my first time to go to a con alone, none of my friends had the time or the money to go, you fellow cos players and the excellent staff made it 3 great days. I tried to watch some vid but just could not find anything that hit me as being better that being with all of you.

The cross mingling of the Con - Hindu Wedding - Baptist Conv. Session & hotel guests and Hotel Staff was really neat, I mingled some with all of them (in costume) and tried to explain just what an anime con is to some of them mostly people thought it looked like a lot of fun and the were right of course.

Saw 2 boys and one man form the wedding wearing badges late in Saturday which was pretty darn cool.

Hope to see yall at future cons .

CaptainCid
09-06-2006, 12:44 AM
Yeah, it'd be great to see you some more Jet! You really are the talk of a con!

Lady Saea
09-06-2006, 01:05 AM
I had a blast. My con experiences get better and better. I dont go to many panels or buy much stuff, I just enjoy meeting people and interacting and just hanging out. It was so much fun.

Though being called demented, cold, cruel, loved, hated, and a murderer all at the same time had its effects. ^.^

I LOVED the Flow concert. It was great. ^_^

Just most of all...hanging with new peoples and meeting new peoples made my weekend just so enjoyable. Thanks to all of you!

Marika
09-06-2006, 01:14 AM
This was my first non-East Coast con as well as my first con where I went alone, and though there were a few unrelated bumps (like losing my stuff, the guy who wouldn't leave me alone, and having my cell phone completely and utterly die when I NEEDED it), I had a great time! Everyone I met, from cosplayers to staff, was so nice which was a breath of fresh air after the mess that was Tekko.

The best parts definately had to be getting over my stage fright thanks to the rest of Team Sai, the FLOW concert, meeting new people, having one of the band's MCs take my picture on his phone, and realizing that just because I didn't have my usual group with me didn't mean I couldn't have fun. And Jet, it was awesome getting to talk with you!

PockyFairy
09-06-2006, 01:22 AM
Yayyy was so fun and amazing. i've been emo all day...still getting used to regular life hehe. Well I certainly enjoyed the concert and a reallly loved walking around in costume but the best part was getting to know everyone i've met a little better and meeting new people as well. It was a great experience, despite minor set backs, but I know things will be that much better next year!

Proz
09-06-2006, 01:27 AM
I got "ripped". In all kinds of ways. It was all good in the end.

josshouse
09-06-2006, 01:30 AM
yeah..my post-con depression is definitely setting in.

Good thing I've got Ikki to look forward to!!

.....damnit it's so far away T_T

wiltingflower
09-06-2006, 01:37 AM
The FLOW concert made up for everything bad and unpleasant that happened during the con. My first con concert and it was a band I already loved! I got to tell them I knew all the words to Days at the autograph signing and Keigo sang a little bit of the chorus for me. *dead*

But even without the concert, I had a great time. I did a lot that I'd never thought to do at a con before, like go to the rave, which was pretty fun for what it is. I met and talked to a lot more people than at A-Kon, due to the smaller size of the con, which I liked. I hope I can make it back next year!

khenemetset
09-06-2006, 02:13 AM
It was awesome!! Probably the best con I've been to in a while. Actually, best con overall. I didn't get to do all the things I wanted nor did I get to hang out with all the people I wanted but that's cool. I wish I had called an inpromptu Yugioh photoshoot when there were sooooo many of us on Monday but I just was too brain dead to think about that. Another time perhaps.

Sadly though I don't think I'll be going back to it. There are too many things in St. Louis to do that weekend. I missed the best weather ever for the Japanese festival here. I so could've cosplayed at it and not been worried about anything at all. I also missed out on one of my paying gigs Sigh.

But I had such a blast. Very awesome time.

SchizoIori
09-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Yayyy was so fun and amazing. i've been emo all day...still getting used to regular life hehe. Well I certainly enjoyed the concert and a reallly loved walking around in costume but the best part was getting to know everyone i've met a little better and meeting new people as well. It was a great experience, despite minor set backs, but I know things will be that much better next year!

Boo to reality! I <3 lauren!

JennyBunny
09-06-2006, 11:52 AM
quite possibly the BEST con i've ever had.... and i've been to a lot. yeah a couple minor issues... (cel phone + toilet = bad).... but i had a BLAST. freat to see everyone and meet new people.... the cosplays this year were AWESOME! <3 aeris-kabob! ^^ jsut overal fantastic time...only major wa it culd have been better wasif i'd had mroe money for the shinies in the dealer's room.... -_-

on th flip side.... this is one of the WORST cases of con withdrawl i've ever faced.... might start tearing up soon...

Gendo2.0
09-06-2006, 01:08 PM
I had somuch damn fun, i am addicted to cons now, i got my pic taken a good bit, and kinda hung out with some people, but its all good.

and i didi notice something there wasent very much NGE love but w/e i was the uber gendo^^

im lookin gforward to oni-con and hopeing to meet some more of yall there

AshuraCastle
09-06-2006, 05:28 PM
FLOW was AWESOME! and the 2 panels (cosplay and EGL) I was on went really well! Thanks to all who showed! XD

Im kinda sad because I wasnt able to be in any group photoshoots U_U. maybe at Oni ^_^.

Phantom Pirate
09-06-2006, 07:56 PM
A. Freaking. Mazing.

I had infinetely more fun with my new friends than I ever did/could have with the other group. I finally had my completed Ash costume, I got to go to photoshoots, and oh yeah- we broke AnimeFest! Yay Christly McGodlyGod!

TransurrealisTristan
09-06-2006, 09:24 PM
TERRIBLE!

I had better memories of A-Kon 17 than this!However,the only good things were:

Meeting up with people,cosplay and grabbing the freebies.Whoever handed out the Ikkicon stuffs and helped me get my FMA poster on Saturday,I salute you.^^

josshouse
09-06-2006, 09:54 PM
A. Freaking. Mazing.

I had infinetely more fun with my new friends than I ever did/could have with the other group. I finally had my completed Ash costume, I got to go to photoshoots, and oh yeah- we broke AnimeFest! Yay Christly McGodlyGod!
RIP Animefest. XD

I'M A DINOSAUR

peony
09-06-2006, 11:18 PM
There was so much Ash love at A-Fest, that was good :D

Cat-Chans
09-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Ash deserves more love than he gets.
I've been a fangirl for years
P:

I'm pretty sure I saw you Phantom Pirate, I think I rode the elevator with you at one point. In any event, you made a great Mr. Ketchum.

Gendo2.0
09-07-2006, 12:14 AM
Yea it was awsome talking to you jet for all of 3 minits LOL

and it was cool the baptist thing and all i got asked so many questions esp in the elevators

Lady Saea
09-07-2006, 12:46 AM
Ash deserves to die...which is why I took care of it. ^_~ Sorry Peony...first I brutalize you (Aeris) and then Ash. XD I'd like to see that pic of myself impaling Ash.

Mune-Pop
09-07-2006, 01:07 AM
It was fun..yet scary. Being attacked by fangirls is scarier than I thought. It ruined my box! D:!

StarLi
09-07-2006, 01:21 AM
I had a blast there! :D I went with my mom because none of my friends could go (she goes to A-kon every year, but not AnimeFest) and even she loved it. The FLOW concert was excellent and I loved all of Yasuyuki Ueda and Yoshitoshi ABe's panels!

Sadly, I don't know many people here because I'm such a horrible lurker, but thanks Jet for chatting with my during the cosplay rehearsal and I'm still fangirling Rabidfanboy's costume! I also loved all the other cosplayers! :D

Mucai
09-07-2006, 02:18 AM
Like most conventions Iíve been to, there wasnít all that much being screened that I wanted to see. Everything that I had any interest in, Iíd already seen or is in my viewing queue. I went to a few panels, had to run away from a few jerks after my ďphotoĒ @_@ and a few other things. Found out that Greg Ayers isnít very nice and doesnít listen.

For the most part, I wondered around in costume (first convention Iíve been to with a moderately complete costume), took photos and kept the people on the late shift at the info desk entertained.

Not the best convention Iíve been to, but itís in the top 5. I think Iíd give Afest 06 a 8.6/10.

I really didnít like the random glomping people kept doing >_< and the person who charged off the escalator and tackled me while I was walking towards the cosplay contest line should be shot.

peony
09-07-2006, 04:17 AM
Ash deserves to die...which is why I took care of it. ^_~ Sorry Peony...first I brutalize you (Aeris) and then Ash. XD I'd like to see that pic of myself impaling Ash.

I'm sure there's a picture of it somewhere, and don't worry...we've all had many a long conversations in our hotel room about how Ash should have died long, loong ago XD

SchizoIori
09-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Like most conventions Iíve been to, there wasnít all that much being screened that I wanted to see. Everything that I had any interest in, Iíd already seen or is in my viewing queue. I went to a few panels, had to run away from a few jerks after my ďphotoĒ @_@ and a few other things. Found out that Greg Ayers isnít very nice and doesnít listen.

For the most part, I wondered around in costume (first convention Iíve been to with a moderately complete costume), took photos and kept the people on the late shift at the info desk entertained.

Not the best convention Iíve been to, but itís in the top 5. I think Iíd give Afest 06 a 8.6/10.

I really didnít like the random glomping people kept doing >_< and the person who charged off the escalator and tackled me while I was walking towards the cosplay contest line should be shot.

Glompers=death. I wouldn't mind seeing a few shot myself.

ZakuKitty
09-07-2006, 12:23 PM
I quite enjoyed this con. I loved hanging out with my friends and making new ones, especially being in the Kenshin group. <3 I liked being recognized in the gameroom around Naruto 4 players when I was Sora from .hack//SIGN, the character I was last year when I played the game a lot. Being remembered is awesome. I enjoyed the Bleach photoshoot I went to at 6PM and enjoyed watching the Twister game right after it. Other things I could mention but I don't want to ramble. XD

This con was one of my favorites along with Shiokazecon. My friends made both of these cons worth going to.

Marika
09-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Glompers=death. I wouldn't mind seeing a few shot myself.

I'd had a girl ask if she could glomp, but I almost didn't have enough time to take my bokken off before she did it. That... might not have been pretty. I didn't enjoy the fact that I was literally knocked off my feet and landed on my ankle, and luckily the massive amount of electrical tape on it made for a great cushion, but she DID ask instead of mauling me, which I was thankful for.

But yes, while it may be fun for the one doing the glomping, it's not fun for those who get mauled by it.

Hedgehogey
09-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Found out that Greg Ayers isnít very nice and doesnít listen.

I met him a few times and he's always been friendly. What happened?

JennyBunny
09-07-2006, 01:40 PM
But yes, while it may be fun for the one doing the glomping, it's not fun for those who get mauled by it.

agreed... even the most well intentioned glomp can leave cossies battered and bruised... even if they're well padded by tape or a foam banana....

that's why I now cosplay things no one has ever heard of ^~

Mucai
09-07-2006, 03:03 PM
I met him a few times and he's always been friendly. What happened?
I went to his fansub, dubbing panel. He told everyone to go spend their money in the dealers room, I said there wasnít very much down there that I wanted, because I everything there that I wanted, I either already had (a good amount of it directly from Japan a few weeks ago), or could source from elsewhere for cheaper. He flamed me.
I said that I didnít like the US manga companies and preferred to get the English versions from Chuang Yi in Singapore. He flamed me.
I said that fansubs, depending on the group, were better then the US company subs in terms of the quality of the sub text and 3 character set karaoke OP/EDs. Where as the US subs are hard to read, use poor quality fonts and donít have the 3 character set karaoke OP/EDs. At which point he flamed me again and started ranting about translation quality which I never even mentioned.

Iwakuralain16
09-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Animefest was alot better than it was 5 years ago(of course 5 years ago i was alot younger and couldnt do as much either... lol).

I found some cels I wanted in the dealers room, hung out with alot of awesome people and saw alot of great cosplayers that had awesome costumes. I think the only downside to the con was working at the Funimation booth, only because the video that was playing behind got on my nerves and I can still hear music from it playing in my head and it wont stop!!! I will be buying Beck though when it comes out... oh yeah, and my friend doing the Kodocha dance... that was.... interesting. lol The dance was fun, even though i didnt really dance but did a nice drunken stumble with one of my friends..... the lighting in it was cool though, better than any A-kon dance/rave that i have ever wandered into. Animefest parties are fun too. haha

Oh yeah, the bar had a nice set up and i liked all of the non convention people that went. The look on their faces was priceless when they saw some of the cosplayers. hahaha I will be going again next year(I kind of have to go since I was hired by a dealer and I am supposed to go to a few cons a year... >_>)Hope everyone else had a awesome time!!! ^_^

Danzikumaru
09-07-2006, 04:42 PM
I went to his fansub, dubbing panel. He told everyone to go spend their money in the dealers room, I said there wasnít very much down there that I wanted, because I everything there that I wanted, I either already had (a good amount of it directly from Japan a few weeks ago), or could source from elsewhere for cheaper. He flamed me.
I said that I didnít like the US manga companies and preferred to get the English versions from Chuang Yi in Singapore. He flamed me.
I said that fansubs, depending on the group, were better then the US company subs in terms of the quality of the sub text and 3 character set karaoke OP/EDs. Where as the US subs are hard to read, use poor quality fonts and donít have the 3 character set karaoke OP/EDs. At which point he flamed me again and started ranting about translation quality which I never even mentioned.

Honestly, I don't blame him. Those mangas you are getting from Singapore? Bootlegs
Fansubs having easier to read fonts than US? Yeah, I can't find a fansub I've seen that had easier to read subs than a US version, so I've no clue as to what you are talking about.
Perhaps it was rude to flame you over an opinion, but you are expressing preference to an industry that is ultimately a threat to his job.

On topic again, I may not return to Afest next year. Dragon*Con sounded like it was a lot more fun. Given how poorly run the masquerade was at this con, I doubt we'd have much of a reason to return next year.

Mucai
09-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Honestly, I don't blame him. Those mangas you are getting from Singapore? Bootlegs:rolleyes:
Chuang Yi (http://www.chuangyi.com.sg/) manga are NOT bootlegs.

but you are expressing preference to an industry that is ultimately a threat to his job.I did no such thing. I'm sure that he would have flamed me just as much had I said I didn't listen to his acting because I don't like dubs.

Evil Kimba
09-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Moving back on topic here...

I was nearly clotheslined by a fanboy who tried to glomp me because he thought I was one of the HOKAGES from Naruto... (for reference - I'm the one on the right (http://skypirate.net/cosplay/af2006/pages/060901_0773.htm)). Instead, I stepped aside, stuck my arm out, and then went on my way after being creeped out.

Mune-Pop
09-07-2006, 06:06 PM
I remember you! You were from Guilty Gear, right? X3

I was attacked too.

I saw this guy get glomped, and I was kind of staring at this group of what, six fangirls? And then they seemed to turn ever so slowly, and they started charging *coughattackingcough* at me, and hugged me without even asking!

It managed to make the Al box fall over, but one of them caught it and gave it to me, but then I was hugged from behind, which surprised the girl and caused her to drop the box. It hurt, to add to the pain. X_x

They could've at least asked! I'm twelve! That could give kids like us broken ribs (Not literally, a joke XP)!

wiltingflower
09-07-2006, 06:16 PM
:rolleyes:
Chuang Yi (http://www.chuangyi.com.sg/) manga are NOT bootlegs.

I did no such thing. I'm sure that he would have flamed me just as much had I said I didn't listen to his acting because I don't like dubs.

It seems best to stay away from the dub actors if you don't like dubs, because when the subject comes up, it usually turns ugly. I'd watch fansubs over english dubs any day, and I do agree with you that subtitles on english DVDs seem to be hard to read. But the popularity of fansubs doesn't sit well with a lot of people in the industry for obvious reasons, and when you're expressing your preference of them over the english releases, people who have worked hard on getting anime released in America are bound to get defensive.

Whether or not Greg Ayres's reaction was warranted in this case, no one can say, but really, it's just about learning when to keep your opinion to yourself. Even if it's in a fansub vs dub panel that's run by a dub actor.

AshuraCastle
09-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Really? everyone who hugged me was really nice and asked me if they could have a hug! they were so cute ^_^

Evil Kimba
09-07-2006, 08:03 PM
I remember you! You were from Guilty Gear, right? X3

I was attacked too.

I saw this guy get glomped, and I was kind of staring at this group of what, six fangirls? And then they seemed to turn ever so slowly, and they started charging *coughattackingcough* at me, and hugged me without even asking!

It managed to make the Al box fall over, but one of them caught it and gave it to me, but then I was hugged from behind, which surprised the girl and caused her to drop the box. It hurt, to add to the pain. X_x

They could've at least asked! I'm twelve! That could give kids like us broken ribs (Not literally, a joke XP)!

Yeah, I was from Guilty Gear. :3

I'm 19, but I'm small-framed and that guy coming at my full-force really could've hurt me. o_o I also had someone yank on my ponytail extension fo rmy wig...That really made me mad and kind of screwed up my wig to the point where I need to redo the ponytail x_x

And could we PLEASE stay on topic? :D No need to get the thread closed for tons of off-topic posts, riiiight? Right.

Temariko
09-07-2006, 09:21 PM
It was good... But when we got around to getting into the costumes for the contest.. It was a cosplay disaster! T-T My sister had an emotional break down, because Cosplay is her life and (boyfriend troubles) she loves cosplaying, if she were to be burried, she'd be burried in a (Did I mention Boyfriend troubles?) Costume! I sware to you!

Other than that, I was complimented on my Ino costume! ^__^ That boosted my ego emensely! XD But other than Sunday night (And a case of Fanboy's gone bad with a fellow friend/cosplayer) Every thing turned out to be really fun! Flow was the best! ^____^

Mune-Pop
09-07-2006, 09:25 PM
I saw you, Ino! Were you with that Sakura cosplayer? XD She was good too!

Marika
09-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Other than that, I was complimented on my Ino costume! ^__^ That boosted my ego emensely! XD But other than Sunday night (And a case of Fanboy's gone bad with a fellow friend/cosplayer) Every thing turned out to be really fun! Flow was the best! ^____^

Fanboy gone bad indeed! But on the flip, you made an awesome Ino!! And your brother was a great Miss PacMan!

SchizoIori
09-08-2006, 12:15 PM

I was nearly clotheslined by a fanboy who tried to glomp me because he thought I was one of the HOKAGES from Naruto... (for reference - I'm the one on the right (http://skypirate.net/cosplay/af2006/pages/060901_0773.htm)). Instead, I stepped aside, stuck my arm out, and then went on my way after being creeped out.

Aww boo! But it was cool to meet you and Danzig. I <3 guilty gear cosplay so seeing you guys made my day.

Temariko
09-08-2006, 05:25 PM
I saw you, Ino! Were you with that Sakura cosplayer? XD She was good too!

XD No no... That Ino was my Evil twin X_x... I was hanging around a Temari and Time skip Sasuke! ^_^

-pokes Marika- Right? ^_^'' Fanboys are creepy! O_o... Very... Creepy... And my brother said he would never cross dress again.. He had an Anime-Fest experience he never wants to experience again! XD My Poor Brother.. He was the best Crossplayer there X_x Okay.. No he wasn't, but it was still hilarious!

Oh yeah! AL Box! I remember that! It was cute!! My friend Temari couldn't figure out who you were (We were sitting in the Flow concert line) And I was like "Omi gosh! It's Al! So cute!!" XD

chibi_sasuke_1
09-12-2006, 09:23 PM
AnimeFest was a lot of fun for me. FLOW! was awesome, I met some great people, and participated in my first cosplay skit. Already looking forward to next year!

TransurrealisTristan
09-12-2006, 10:41 PM
:) Temariko!Remember me?I was the one playing cards on Saturday when you said,"It's you!",right?The Haku next to me was my friend Bonita,who hung out with me most of the con weekend,unlike a certain person who bailed on me...(YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE,YUKI!)

I enjoyed your cosplay and you enjoyed mine,so we're even.You headed to A-Kon 18?I'll be going as the cosplays in my siggy.

A-FEST was about a 4/10 in my opinion.The reason it's so high is because I ran into new friends,reunited with old ones and had people recognize me throughout the con weekend.Also,I got to perform in the cosplay contest,with or without my cosplay group,which is a major plus for me and my self-confidence.^^

The other major reason which sucked is because Yuki did not show up when we were supposed to meet for the con.So,to any of you that I asked to seek and find him,I found him pretty late in the lobby.If you found him on Saturday(He was wearing a tag with a handwritten 'Yuki' on it),please let me know!I need to whack him.:)

Mune-Pop
09-13-2006, 12:32 AM
XD No no... That Ino was my Evil twin X_x... I was hanging around a Temari and Time skip Sasuke! ^_^
Oh! I remember you guys from the line! XD! We were playing monkey-in-the-middle-volleyball with my friend's Ed plush. XP I mostly only remember seeing an Ino though. XD So w00tums!

Oh yeah! AL Box! I remember that! It was cute!! My friend Temari couldn't figure out who you were (We were sitting in the Flow concert line) And I was like "Omi gosh! It's Al! So cute!!" XD
Thanks muchly! *Feels loved*

MintyFreshNinja
09-13-2006, 12:50 AM

heheh. all hokages should have "rock you" across their headbands...

ON topic, it was nice to see you and danzig, and i was kinda hoping their was a pose-off happening. :bigcry:

Koda89
09-13-2006, 08:31 AM
:) Temariko!Remember me?I was the one playing cards on Saturday when you said,"It's you!",right?The Haku next to me was my friend Bonita,who hung out with me most of the con weekend,unlike a certain person who bailed on me...(YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE,YUKI!)

Wait.......that was you and your friends playing cards?! You were right next to me! Shocking that I didn't notice you at the time.....

Anyways....I have to give A-FEST 06 an 8.5/10.

It loses 1.5 for the drama. Other than that, I had fun. I pretty much made a new friend in SailorSaturn, and ran into Cat-Chan a few times(or atleast saw her).

Also, I was in my first real photoshoot.

Gah.....now that I think about it.....if we actually had the Online Cosplay photoshoot....I didn't want to know how big it would've been if all the people from Cosplay.com alone showed up......o.o;

Mucai
09-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Gah.....now that I think about it.....if we actually had the Online Cosplay photoshoot....I didn't want to know how big it would've been if all the people from Cosplay.com alone showed up......o.o;I went down looking for it, but noone had any idea where it was meant to be :(

Kikala
09-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Same thing happened here. We looked all over for it, well... I did. XD;; The people I did find didn't know where it was either. It was sort of last minute, maybe next year we can plan a better one.

Cat-Chans
09-13-2006, 02:22 PM
I wanted to go, but I didn't have time, Bleach shoot #1 took 2 hours thanks to a car accident and I had to go eat before Bleach shoot #2

but I guess it dosen't matter since it never really happened.

TransurrealisTristan
09-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Wait.......that was you and your friends playing cards?! You were right next to me! Shocking that I didn't notice you at the time.....

Where were you?I didn't know you were there!I was wearing a white/black wig on Saturday with camoflage pants.Gah...you could've come over to play,talk,etc.Our moms were talking(and taking a long time at it...),so we played cards and had Pringles,the snack that keeps cosplayers going!LOL

I left at 4pm...I did want to stay for the cosplay.com and video game shoot,but the con didn't have a lot of stuff on Saturday.

As for Saturday,I got lost with my mom,so we had a volunteer named Jeremy show us around a bit.Maybe that was you.

Hebimaru
10-01-2006, 03:44 PM
I liked AnimeFEST 2006 alot, even if it was my first convention. I lost my voice at the FLOW concer. xP The best part was probably that I got meet my best internet friends and I found an awesome con. friend. Me and my internet friends ended up getting lost at the rail road, though. xP It was kinf of scary and considering my dad told us NOT to go outside, it made things worse. Izumi, Ed and Lust told us to come outside with them, so we did... And since my dad and my sister were around town, we were afraid they would see us. So we ran back to the trainstation and when we got to the railroads, we ended up crossing too far over. We were only supposed to go over two rail road tracks and we went over three. We could see the hotel and everything but we were way above the parking lot so we couldn't get there. Finally, one of those really, really long trains that you can never see the end to stopped for us and told us to cross. Then this lady yelled at us and told us never to do that again and my internet friend (Pride!Ed) rolled her eyes and she got really mad. xP

It was defintely really fun. It doesn't seem like any other anime conventions are that fun.

I plan on attending the Denver one with my friend who will go as Alucard... But I'm assuming this one won't be as fun. Though I plan on cosplaying as a different character every day this time. xP It sounds more fun.

Mishy233
04-13-2007, 10:34 PM
IT WAS Awesome!!!
FLOW concert was the BEST!!!!!!!
i only went to see FLOW and it was my first time goin to Anime convention.
^.^

Lopmon
04-14-2007, 12:26 PM
Ive only been to 8 cons before, but AnimeFest always seems to be the best. They always get great bands and guests that are hard not to love.
Mainly why I liked it so much though was because I got to meet FLOW. It was extremely entertaining to see them squee over my dollie.

gundammrw
04-19-2007, 03:02 AM
Wow, I just now realized that I haven't posted about my experience. I remember doing it but guess not. Anywho. Afest was great! I have tons of fond memories. From getting recognized left and right as Grimmjow and glomped, to walking around as Hidan and being called Itachi. I met alot of people, made quite a few friends and even developed as crush ^_^.

The FLOW concert was the icing on the cake. It being the best japanese concert I've attended. They worked the crowd and involved them like no other.

At first I thought I wouldn't enjoy it for being small but I think I'll be attending again.