PDA

View Full Version : Winry Rockbell (fullmetal alchemist) questions

Husk
09-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Hey everyone, i've gotten roped into making a Winry costume (her mechanic version) and i have some questions with the coveralls. Looking at many screencaps there are in fact coveralls she wears, but there is no was on earth to get them that lilac color. So i was thinking i would buy white coveralls and dye them. If this is wrong, or a bad idea or something, please let me know, i'm new at cosplay so anyhelp would be appreciated. (also any other theorys on how to do her coveralls are welcome ^_^) thankies

Husk~

GabrielDarkhawk
09-06-2006, 11:55 AM
I've never dyed fabric before but be sure you check what material you coveralls are made of. Natural fabrics like cotton take dye MUCH better than synthetics like polyester,etc. I'd say the dye method would be the easiest way to go besides making one from scratch with lilac fabric.

mizuhaki
09-06-2006, 03:49 PM
I second what Gabriel posted above. Dying cotton fabrics would be a lot more simpler than spending a month finding a pair of lilac overalls.

meowl
09-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Cheap white painter's coveralls would probably work well. These are only $8:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=47021

Oh, and I have instructions for a con-safe wrench in my gallery.

Husk
09-13-2006, 04:48 PM
well thankies for the imput, i just baught some white coveralls, I'll by dying them in a few days. I'll post pics when its all done. THankies again ^_^