PDA

View Full Version : What costume you thought was best that was not your own...

TheWickedOne
09-06-2006, 01:49 PM
there were so many costumes at the con that rocked hardcore style! i was just wondering what costumes the rest of you saw that you thought were awesome. i mean costumes that people other than yourself were wearing ofcourse.

i really have two favorites: number one was definitely the kid in the masq that made his own alien costume. i was floored by how wonderful a job he did, and to be so young and do it all own his own... many kudos to that young man!
secondly, the cardboard stormtroopers. they were so much fun! i know they weren't difficult costumes to create, but they were inventive and hilarious. i was blown away when i saw them in the paparde and again onstage at the masq.

here's to anticipating next year!

Darth Takeo
09-06-2006, 02:20 PM
The young kid who did Ash from Evil Dead/Army of Darkness was too sweet.

Winters Knight made some really awesome wings for her costume.

Reannaremick cosplayed more costumes in one weekend than I could ever imagine, and that warrants a lotta props.

Monicator's Cyrax is incredibly accurate and well done.

I could go on and on here...

Evil Dr. Axis
09-06-2006, 02:40 PM
That Ash kid is my hero. He kept holding his gun up and looking like a bad@$$. If that was my boy, he'd have been makin' daddy proud! ha ha.

kelldar
09-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Winter Knights Jadis, the Monty Python group in the parade, the Indiana Jones group - that's just off the top of my head!

nachtinis
09-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Both of those nice vac-form c3p0's
The ash kid
The spawn kid
snakes on a plane
Winters Knight Narnia witch was off the hook
Reannaremick you are Kitty Kowalsky.
Monicator as cyrax was classic.

and so on....

kelldar
09-06-2006, 04:03 PM
Oh yeah, the Spawn kid was awesome! Thought of some more -
Also liked the Skeletor, all of the X-Men at the huuuuge photoshoot, the guy who came as two ewoks (one was standing on the shoulders of the other).

Winters Knight
09-06-2006, 04:06 PM
OMG that Trinity Blood cosplayer in the masquerade.. just WOW. Dizzy's Aeon Flux, ReannaRemick's Catwoman and Kitty and like.. everything, Andrea's Rogue. Yaya's Psylocke.. in fact that whole group. There were soo many more.. but I can't remember names and stuff ^_^.

Dany
09-06-2006, 04:12 PM
I saw a dizzying slew of costumes this weekend, especially when I judged the Friday Night Costume Contest. Seriously..you just don't appreciate the little things people do when they make some of these outfits until you hear about them. The list I could make a post far too long for this site ;)

The award for the biggest giggles, I must admit, goes to the Cardboard Stormtroopers. I saw them when they came in the Marriott after the Masquerade, and have some of the cutest video of one of them dancing for me.

Was he dancing? Or was he preparing to run away? I have to check the video!

fightstar
09-06-2006, 05:10 PM
So many, so many to choose?!!

** starts pulling hair and looking crazy **

Can't de....Decide!!!

:P

a-tastic
09-06-2006, 08:57 PM
pretty much everyone in the friday night contest? loved 'em. especially the 2 women with the Jadis Battle Gown. Winters Knight's Jadis blew me away!

and, of course, i went all giggly with the Indiana Jones people...and kicked myself for not having my dr. schneider. the ark, man! they had the ark. that just rocks.

but, my favouritest favourite?
the Goonies group!!

i'm still laughing when i see the pictures.
richard donner would be proud...
if only cory feldman had come to the con.

Sarcasm-hime
09-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Tons of great costumes, although I think my fave was Space Invader's Trinity Blood costume. WintersKnight's costumes were super awesome, and A-tastic's Mirror Queen was also fabulous. :)

vampirate
09-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Mayor McCheese! I still laugh thinking about it!

The Jadis who I believe was Winters Knight was amazing!

Galactus was freaking cool.

There was the best Jack Skellington and Sally I've ever seen. Jack was well, propotional and Sally's makeup was wonderful.

And I don't exactly know how you fit someone into a C3PO costume and have it look good, but that was cool.

I loved the Phedre no Delaunay costume I saw. I hope a lot of people read the Kushiel books so they could really enjoy that costume.

And there was a girl who cosplayed as Battle Angel Alita who I had to go and fangirl over.

Jia Jem
09-07-2006, 09:14 AM
I'd have to go with the Trinity Blood as well... Space Invader. And also, the whole troop of Halo people with the AMAZING armor, who when they took off their helmets were all wearing spiky mohawks and eyeliner. Even the girls. ...sexy. O_O

Fyrebyrne
09-07-2006, 02:10 PM
one of my favorites had to be the Doctor Doom there. you could hear him from a distance coming around as his metal armor cha-chink with each steps.

Manda
09-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Poop Dog!

halafax
09-07-2006, 03:15 PM
I was in the friday night costume contest, and I have to admit the elf guy and his gf were amazing. His leather working is just wow! as was his metal work. He made his armor and swords...I was jelous. Also I like the guys from Warhammer 40K was cool as hell. My friend who went as the white witch, and jean gray kicked ars too...the list goes on and on. Though my heart nearly jumped when I saw someone cosplaying as Eric Draven in the marriott as I was going out side. He was on the third floor, or the second floor. he was just sitting there leaning on the railing, I yelled out he rocked, and he just gave me the two finger thanks wave. OMG that was just cool!

Evali
09-07-2006, 08:33 PM
I loved many of the costumes, but I think I can say with all certainty that Jia and Limebarb's Snow White and Rose Red costumes were my favorites. So many delicate little ruffles and details all over the costumes! I really liked the little bears on the corset too. So adorable, really!

DalaiLiam
09-07-2006, 09:02 PM
I'm kind of dissapointed that I missed the EGL Mario Bros. :(

Arlette
09-08-2006, 09:05 AM
I would have to say that one person stood out for me, and that was the very nice guy who had like 30 costumes the whole weekend, all superhero cosplays and all airbrushed to perfection with very authentic "comic book"-looking muscles and details. ^_^ He was the first photo we got at the con as an AWESOME original costume Wolverine, and later on we ran into him again while the hubby and I were Black Widow and Punisher, and he was Daredevil. Chatted with him a bit then, then ran into him AGAIN as Angel from X-Men while I was Ms. Marvel and my friend was Phoenix. Got some more pics with him. He was always very sweet and gracious. ^_^ But somehow I doubt he's on this site. XD

Bevandera
09-08-2006, 11:25 AM
I'm going to have to agree with you, Arlette. He went as Hawkman and Aquaman last year, and had about a half-dozen this year. He looked like John Kerry, right? I saw him as Angel from X-Men and he saw me as Angel from Buffy, so for the rest of the con (no matter what costume we were wearing) when we spotted each other, we'd yell "Angel!" "Angel!". Good times.

Arlette
09-08-2006, 12:42 PM
I'm going to have to agree with you, Arlette. He went as Hawkman and Aquaman last year, and had about a half-dozen this year. He looked like John Kerry, right? I saw him as Angel from X-Men and he saw me as Angel from Buffy, so for the rest of the con (no matter what costume we were wearing) when we spotted each other, we'd yell "Angel!" "Angel!". Good times.

Hahaha. Yeah, I guess he kinda did look like John Kerry. I knew he reminded me of SOMEONE but I couldn't put my finger on it! He was very happy to talk about his costumes, and he was telling us he made Archangel's metal wings but they weighed like 70lbs. so he couldn't actually wear them. I love when cosplayers will just talk to you enthusiastically about stuff like that.

a-tastic
09-08-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm kind of dissapointed that I missed the EGL Mario Bros. :(

they were awesome! the details on their costume were fantastic! they had handmade appliques, hairpins, little mario-related buttons on the gloves, the whole nine yards..

and, yes...Space Invader's Jane. man, i flippin' love that costume. the hat's enough to give me a heart attack.

(and speaking of Trinity Blood-- it starts playing on adult swim next week (i think)..yay! the manga's fun, too.)

Tons of great costumes, although I think my fave was Space Invader's Trinity Blood costume. WintersKnight's costumes were super awesome, and A-tastic's Mirror Queen was also fabulous. :)

you have no idea how much that rules! thank you so much!! :rockon:
i am still kicking myself for never getting to see your City of Heros character in person. i have bad, bad timing.

did anyone see the Will Turner that looked almost exactly like Orlando Bloom? we kept doing double takes...

reannaremick
09-08-2006, 04:36 PM
did anyone see the Will Turner that looked almost exactly like Orlando Bloom? we kept doing double takes...

If you're talking about this Will Turner: http://pics.livejournal.com/reannaremick/pic/0017yhtx

That's my friend Chris (also known as Berg) he's the BEST. He also was Anakin and Legolas for a bit this con. I've got some great video of him at the Pirate's 2 premiere party I've been meaning to put up on You Tube, he's a riot!

I think the best costume of the con was Winters Knight's Jadis, of course I'm biased since she was my roomie and I did her hair for that costume, lol. But still, it was awesome and I can't believe I forgot to try it on >.<;;

Evali
09-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Thank you for mentioning the EGL Mario Bros. (sisters!) That was me and my friends! =D

husher
09-08-2006, 08:02 PM
The Headless Woman and Bender. What can I say, the Headless Woman was just amazingly creepy good, and Bender...well, how can you not love Bender?

Mandy Mitchell
09-09-2006, 02:57 AM
I would have to say Kelldar's Belle costume on the Sunday night Masquerade. It was amazingly gorgeous! I also loved Hikaru-chan's purple ballgown in the Dawn Costume Contest. I wish I had her talent!

CosplayerGabi
09-27-2006, 10:45 PM
I'd have to say Gozer from GhostBusters was pretty cool.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/viberaphon/Dragoncon06/IMG_3336small.jpg

and I liked seeing this pretty late 18 century evening dress.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/viberaphon/Dragoncon06/IMG_3253small.jpg

Indiana Jones' ark was very cool as well.

dagmarus
09-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Definately Winters Knight's Jadis. She rocks the Tilda hard!