PDA

View Full Version : Original Charactor Costumes At Otakon 2003

KittenTheChibi
03-16-2003, 07:38 PM
Ok I wanted to know how many people were going to do Original Charactors for Otakon this year.....

My boyfriend and I are going as Charactors from "The Forest Chronicles" a story we wrote. Adam and Velvet are pretty neat charactors.

Any how just wondering If anyone else was doing an original charactor

Viviana
05-27-2003, 07:47 PM
I'm dragging my friend with me to Otakon this year- and shes not really into anime but she does love creating her own customes- she just has no idea what to do though.

LadyXenie
05-27-2003, 08:00 PM
I'm going as an original character..I'm going as an EGL kitty..and a gothic demoness type character..^_^

evilchii
05-27-2003, 09:15 PM
i've got my original kitty outfit to go nutz in at otakon. i hope i see ya guys there ^^ i love original costume so much , i definitely want pics of ppl

Viviana
05-28-2003, 04:22 PM
Yeah that would be cool - at some point you guys got to meet up and take pictures.

Mara
06-02-2003, 02:21 AM
I'm making an original Elegant Gothic Lolita costume for Otakon. (well, with some inspiration from Baby the Stars Shine Bright and AngelicPretty)
I'm hoping there will be some other EGL cosplayers around, but there were at Anime Central, so I assume Otakon will have even more. ^__^

evilchii
06-02-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Mara
I'm making an original Elegant Gothic Lolita costume for Otakon. (well, with some inspiration from Baby the Stars Shine Bright and AngelicPretty)
I'm hoping there will be some other EGL cosplayers around, but there were at Anime Central, so I assume Otakon will have even more. ^__^

that's great! my friend and i designed a gothic lolita dress that she will wear at otakon.

hopefully if i have time, i plan on making the dress on the main page of angelicpretty. isn't that site the best! if only i could read japanese, i would have ordered the calendars and stationary long ago.

saila_v
06-03-2003, 04:20 PM
i actually wanted to make a costume from an older anime series... but i kind of messed it all up when i was sewing... the only alternative for me is to fix it up however i can to make it look decent, even though it's totally different from the original costume i intended it to be. :-( i guess this can be considered an "original costume" then?

Moogle Hiromi
06-04-2003, 11:09 AM
It could be.. or just a vqariant on the outfit. People do this all the time too! [me included]

I am making an EGL dress, but I have nowhere to wear it! So I though my firend's wedding.... ^^

Kas
06-04-2003, 03:26 PM
It's sooo cool that many people are getting into EGL and designing their own outfits.. I'm going to Ota and I hope to take some pics if ya wear them. ^.^

makonurikoryoko
06-04-2003, 04:12 PM
wahoo!! XD sure Ill wear mine... for a little bit.. ::contemplates all the things she want sto wear at Otakon:: ... o.O

I'll fit in in somewhere haha

LadyXenie
06-04-2003, 08:46 PM
I'm also excited to see all the Lolitas...^_^ I'm gonna have camera ready ready..

evilchii
06-05-2003, 10:44 AM
Kas- i hope you also wear one of your egl outfits. i was being nosy and i looked at your site. your outfits are adorable ^_^

Dana- lol i'll make sure you fit it in somewhere. how many costumes are you gonna have??

makonurikoryoko
06-07-2003, 07:26 AM
umm i dunno yet ... im planningon wearing yomi a bit with th e azu people, tyin to fit in some full moon andmy shhhh secret lol but i wante dto get in for than one full moon outfit but well see... ill prolly have time for the egl ... ;_; if i ever et a chance to work on it!

Neko Cathy
06-09-2003, 08:11 PM
I did one @ last years's Otakon (http://www.risingsun.net/gallery/otakon2002/14/source/o2002-0843.shtml) and it wasn't too bad except most of the photographers were middle-aged men around their 40's! Nope... I'm not doing it again because the dress was a pain to carry since it was a very long gown. I did go as Neko Cathy for Katsu in an emerald green oriental dress and thought of going her for Otakon, but I already have plenty of costumes that would fill my entire suitcase already!

evilchii
06-09-2003, 10:41 PM
aww! that's a wonderful dress! if you switch the kitty ears with a pair of elf ears you'd make a beautiful elf.

makonurikoryoko
06-09-2003, 10:44 PM
mmmm yeah! elves rule

SuthrnBelleChan
06-11-2003, 12:13 PM
Most likely i'll be wearing my "Ironcat High" school girl ^^

Neko Cathy
06-11-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by evilchii
aww! that's a wonderful dress! if you switch the kitty ears with a pair of elf ears you'd make a beautiful elf.

I tried to do that, but I couldn't find a pair of elf ears. I so badly wanted to do that besides having cat ears, but it still works out :)

makonurikoryoko
06-11-2003, 10:01 PM
http://www.easleys.com/woochie/Woochie_Classic/Ears___Horns/ears___horns.html try there XD EARS!! hehe

Reiko
06-12-2003, 05:53 PM
I think I might take my Original Angel... that is if..it looks okay for this con I'm going to this weekend ,,, haha

makonurikoryoko
06-12-2003, 11:58 PM
^ what con you going to? XD are you goin to YUricon too?!

Reiko
06-27-2003, 08:46 PM
I went to AMA.... lol lots of fun... lol have to find pics MUAHAHA

klaha
06-27-2003, 11:56 PM
i was so close to going to otakon this year, i had a place in an hotel and all, i just couldn't get the plane ticket cash. portugal to usa is expensive
;_;

makonurikoryoko
06-29-2003, 04:11 PM
wahooo Im pretty much done with m original egl.. for otakon though ill be adding a crinolin if it works with it! ^_^ yaaaaaay. I have pics too ::does happy dance::

ThatYaoiBoy
07-12-2003, 02:43 PM
I'm making an original costume from my St. Prince cosplay group. I'll be making the school Uniform.

http://clix.to/stprince

evilchii
07-14-2003, 10:40 PM
that looks like a lot of fun. what kinda character are you going to make?

and what kind has wings where their ears are?

lunasreincarnat
07-17-2003, 01:00 AM
most of my costumes this year are orginal...i have a fruits rave outfit... and a raver twist of witch hunter robin... and i have a costume i made from a chracter form a book i wrote... and im dressing up as one of my art works... im being a random perso com... and a cute anime witch and ill have my own gothic lolita costume too...

ThatYaoiBoy
07-18-2003, 05:59 PM
The kind with ears is my friend Digikoomi's character. ^_^ It's a faerie haha. I'm still working on the dern coat :/ any clues as to how to make it??

Arch_Angel_Mika
07-23-2003, 10:47 AM
I really wanted to do some original costumes. I wanted to take my original angel, Celeste, and my boy character from me and my friends manga, Alexander (Alex). I think that would be cool. Might confuse some people though. But, ah well. That's why we go, isn't it? ^_^*