PDA

View Full Version : And it becomes reality : Wolf's Rain for ACen

Yui
03-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Well, there you go. I never thought I could be so quickly seduced into doing a cosplay I had not previously considered myself before. I think that was only about 10 days or so ago I didn't even know it existed -- to now hoping we could get a complete group in time for ACen.

Well, it's still maybe not a complete group, but it looks like we'll at least have a bit of interest now, so I'm locking myself in. If I haven't made it official anywhere else, I shall here: I will go through with Darcia for ACen. (TLW is such a bad influence!)

...Anyway...I'm used to doing very obscure cosplays - so I'm not concerned about being recognized or not...but I've never been on the first wave of a series's popularity. Thus, I am a little intimidated, for the first time with a cosplay project. I don't normally ask for people's construction tips, but now I don't want to dissapoint anyone O_o So if the couple self-proclaimed crazy fans of you out there have particular crazy material visions, let me know before I start going insane myself.

Ayaka
03-16-2003, 11:08 PM
I too, was tempted by Darcia. ^^; So I wish you luck, and if I think of anything helpful, I'll pass that on. ^^ (Ah yes I'm the person who's likely to be your Toboe. Though Cheza has been making cosplay eyes at me . . . ><;)

ParnsAngel
03-17-2003, 12:02 AM
Cheza's so adorable! I thought about doing her as well, but I'm not young/little enough, and I've got more going for me as Cher...but I hope someone does Cheza anyway! She's so cute ^_^

By the way, do we have any time/day we're thinkin of of cosplayin together?

TheLoneWolf
03-17-2003, 12:54 AM
Yosha!!!!
I finally seduced everyone into doing Wolf's Rain....or shall I say,Wolf's Rain seduced you,I just gave you the extra push ^^!

Recca-kun
03-17-2003, 01:42 AM
*Continues to whine about not making ACen this year*

AX or Otakon, or maybe ACen next year, and I'll be Kiba. ;)

TheLoneWolf
03-17-2003, 02:05 AM
>By the way, do we have any time/day we're thinkin of of cosplayin together?

I'm thinking,middle of saturday-halfway down sunday?
Sound good to you?

Ali-kun
03-17-2003, 02:28 AM
*adds Darcia to her list of Really Good Reasons Ali Needs To Get Off Her Butt And Get Plane Ticket Money For Acen*

Darcia called out to me and I opened my purse to let the cartoon-moths flutter out and he ponced off pouting, but I would SO love to see someone doing that outfit! *swoons*

Despite the fact that he appears to be quite literally a total featherhead >.> I will be interested to see how you do the hair, hehe. Murr. Need to watch next few episodes that we didn't see in anime club...

Let it be noted that if Ali sees Wolf's Rain cosplayers, they will be rushed at (but not glomped, because it's not nice to glomp without asking - but definitely rushed scarily and attacked for pictures!)

Yui
03-17-2003, 03:37 AM
Eee...don't worry Recca-kun ^_^ I'll bring him to AX and Otakon, too. You know, when we aren't going all Xeno. I'm actually thinking that as long as I don't get overheated or feel like eating, I'd be willing to use him quite often. Now just to have the end product live up to my lofty standards. ^_-*(All I'm wondering is why all you people -who aren't coming to ACen- keep taunting us all by dropping by our little forum.)

>I'm thinking,middle of saturday-halfway down sunday?
Yeah, cuz someone's KoFfing all day Friday. ^_-
Um, whenever. I'm going to be really agreeable here.

Feathers...yeah, I was considering that too...somehow that doesn't seem quite right either, but it's gotta be light and sturdy like that.

ParnsAngel
03-19-2003, 01:47 AM
I'm going to be sooooooooo busy on Saturday its soooooooooo not funny (silly masq) ~_~ But I think....anytime before 3 would be good? Or Sunday, that's totally (mostly) free for me....and honestly, this is the LAST time I'm wearin 6 costumes to a con! Anyone else bring lotsa costumes? I dont know how everythin's gonna fit together in 3 days, aiiee!!

'course, it's my fault for being a costuming addict >.<

^_^

Yui
03-19-2003, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I got six right now. I may have to drop one that no one's really counting on for group purposes. (And it's not my Kaoru X_x) I might have to cosplay Thursday night and all day Sunday...just to fit everything...
But if I get Darcia right, I don't think I'm gonna want to change O_o
Why aren't all cons 4 days standard? (Or a week even.)

fabcentaur
03-19-2003, 07:33 PM
I've got my Hige outfit made and wore it to the Cleveland Colossial Con last weekend. ^^; I'm such a newbie at this, but I'm glad to hear that others are going as the gang as well.

fab

TheLoneWolf
03-20-2003, 09:23 PM
>Yeah, I got six right now. I may have to drop one that no one's really counting on for group purposes. (And it's not my Kaoru X_x) I might have to cosplay Thursday night and all day Sunday...just to fit everything...
But if I get Darcia right, I don't think I'm gonna want to change O_o
Why aren't all cons 4 days standard? (Or a week even.)

Pshhhhh
You know how hard it is to cosplay in 3 groups with seven costumes?! I'm going to really have to do calculations on when-when this costume,when-when that costume.....@_@x

Yui
03-24-2003, 11:04 PM
Didn't mean to startle anyone when I flipped out and dumped my supposed costuming plans yesterday.

Darcia is still on as far as I'm concerned...cuz I have all the metally forehead bits done, all the fabric, figured out the pattern, blah blah blah...yeah, he's very likely going to be completed by then, and if so, I'm definitely bringing him. I might not be able to wear him for as long as I was planning, but he's still coming, provided I can work out his outfit around my Lida construction too.

I'm sure people will confuse him with a j-rocker anyway. ^_-

Er, that's all for now.

ParnsAngel
03-25-2003, 12:38 AM
Hooray! Good to hear it!! ^_^
I probably won't be wearing Cher around too much either, partly because no one will know who I am and partly cause I think I made her crappily...*sigh* ^_^;; Now I wanna do her overcoat dealie instead...

I wish I had more money ~_~

Nietsche
03-25-2003, 08:19 AM
I'll be there in spirit!

Yui
03-25-2003, 08:52 PM
Stop doing that O_o** posting in ACen boards and getting everyone all in a frenzy to check and then letting us down. Hey, maybe we could get the con to pay for you as a guest...think of all the attendees you'd pull in. ^_^ Well, Lilli could still come through with the cardboard stand-ups....

Yeah, well at least there's AX for more Wolf's Rain fun. That's not too swamped for me yet, cosplay-group wise.

TheLoneWolf
03-29-2003, 12:15 PM
Just thought you might want to know this Yui,I watched the first couple of eps of Wolf's Rain,andthe part where Darcia makes appearance.You hear him talking,but his lips don't move.At all.Perhaps he wears a face mask,as opposed to face paint?

ParnsAngel
03-29-2003, 01:37 PM
Yea, doesn't he take off his mask when he's talking to Cher and knocks her out before taking--- Or...I hope I'm not ruining any plot....but I am pretty sure he has a mask thing ^_^ Not that face paint wouldn't work, but yea ^_^;

Yui
03-29-2003, 07:40 PM
Er...I know he has a mask - that's how I am making it. When I was thinking face paint before was in case I wanted to be able to talk easily or eat or something. Heh, but don't need to do that silly stuff, now do we?

TheLoneWolf
03-29-2003, 08:37 PM
Not at all! ^^
My WR costume,in fact,is going to be the cause of many status ailments for me.Lets see now,right now it's:
"Confuse" and "Despair"
On wearing it,I'll probably be affected by:
"Paralysis" and "Poison" (that is,having the life drained out of me,bit by bit" >.^

Yui
03-29-2003, 09:10 PM
I guess I won't be able to cast any magic if I'm silenced. ^_-
Well, at least we might be able to avoid confusion - so we don't have to spin around in circles and sometimes accidentally attack other party members.

TheLoneWolf
03-29-2003, 10:38 PM
*Sigh* the joys of having an evil costume...-'_'-;;

Ashe
03-31-2003, 02:06 AM
Ah! Im so glad people are doing Wolf's Rain!! Id love to do it, but Im so out of time as far as costumes are concerned.. but I definitly WANT PICS.

ParnsAngel
04-15-2003, 01:22 PM
29 days!! =^_____^= How's all your costumes comin? I've finished my Cher (well, besides finding shoes and a purple shirt and tweakin it a bit) but I think I want to make her other costume, the jacket-lookin one with the pink scarf....its definitely cuter ^_^
See if I can do that in a week...hehe ^_^;;

Everyone else's costumes doin ok?

TheLoneWolf
04-15-2003, 05:55 PM
um....1/4 my Tsume jacket? ^^;;

Hikaru0
04-15-2003, 06:49 PM
*hides in the shadows and scribbles down all the names of everyone she's going to glomp from WR*

*insert manic giggle*

ParnsAngel
04-16-2003, 12:12 AM
0.o Kowaii.....0.o *hehe*

Anyway, only 1/4 of Tsume? You know you have like 29 days left? Chop-chop, I want a Tsume to glomp! ^_^

Aah, that good ol' stress, I almost missed it ^_~

Yui
05-06-2003, 05:52 PM
Oh yeah, because I command the power of the big list (mwhahaha...I have no power trip, here, really....) I'm slotting WR group at 2:30pm Saturday for official meeting purposes. This is cuz I want to sufficiently hang with all the new SO2 costumes in the morning, but I didn't want to be Dias at the cp.com shoot (which I'm still not exactly sure the time of, but I guess it'll be about 2pm, and I'd like to be in Darcia by then.) Er, yeah, so that's when I'm smashing my big head in, so I'm not sure how long I can hold out.

ParnsAngel
05-06-2003, 07:22 PM
2:30 sounds cool! Yay, there's a set time for something I'm in now *lol*

Around the weird sculpture thingy, right?

TheLoneWolf
05-06-2003, 07:28 PM
Why......did......tsume's......jacket.....turn.... out.....to.....be....Sol Badguy's......jacket.......one....week....left.... .beginning.....to....freak....out.....

Yui
05-06-2003, 10:23 PM
Yeah, sculpture thingie sounds good. Unless we're all around for the cp.com shoot -- wherever that ends up being -- and then we can just wander from there. (P.S. Let's go outside for a bit...me head looks good in the sun ^_-)

Um, er, Sol, huh? Well then I'll have my niece come after ya with her anchor.

TheLoneWolf
05-06-2003, 10:30 PM
Not....doing....sol.....want....Tsume.....done.... very.....nervous.....no....time.....

Yui
05-07-2003, 01:40 PM
Hmm, don't worry, there's still time. Actually, I'm redoing the shoulders to the coat because they weren't weird-enough shaped, so I'm not 100% done either. Plus the other two cosplays I'm working at the same time to complete are a bit less done as of right now...I think I'll be going off to handle that right now....

TheLoneWolf
05-07-2003, 04:18 PM
Say....if anyone here has clip-on earrings and tops,would anyone mind borrowing me some for Tsume?

Yui
05-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Uh, we got at least two different clip-on earring backings at my store....they're kinda cheesy, tho. But we also have micro-rare earth magnets which I think work better. Have you ever worn clip-on's before, though? They kinda pinch.

TheLoneWolf
05-08-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Yui
Uh, we got at least two different clip-on earring backings at my store....they're kinda cheesy, tho. But we also have micro-rare earth magnets which I think work better. Have you ever worn clip-on's before, though? They kinda pinch.

I'll take 'em all! :D
Over having ear pierced?
Yes,I'd take clip-ons,pinching and all.

Yui
05-08-2003, 12:35 PM
Well, we could do piercing at the con, too. That would be entertaining....

TheLoneWolf
05-08-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Yui
Well, we could do piercing at the con, too. That would be entertaining....

Define "entertainment",and who it would be entertaining for..... :schitzo:

Yui
05-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Well, probably everybody but you...um, it might be illegal in Rosemont, tho. Who knows? But I do work with a guy who does piercing house calls ^_- I mean, if ya change your mind. Otherwise, we could just stick with the magnets and clippies. But that's less fun. But maybe instead of puncturing you, I can send Lilli-kitty after you to bleach your hair...mwhahaha.
Yes, you all must suffer as much as I for your WR costumes.

TheLoneWolf
05-08-2003, 03:54 PM
*decides that from now on,he will never try to convince Yui to do any costumes*

Yui
05-08-2003, 04:45 PM
Oh yeah...it *was* your fault, wasn't it? (I was thinking it was Nietsche's silly avatar before, but I guess you were technically the first to bring it up. Well, a cupcake point for that.)
That's okay - I don't blame other people for what I do to myself.

Anywho...on the earrings, it's like a stud in one ear, a small ring and then like a mini-C-clamp-looking dealie in the other, right? I'll look around what we have, but have back-ups just in case.

TheLoneWolf
05-11-2003, 01:51 PM
*scuffs dirt with toe*
Well.....I'm sort of out of backups.....which is why I decided to ask you! :D
Also,a time&location for meeting up?

Ayaka
05-11-2003, 09:14 PM
I have some mini-hoop type magnetic earrings, they're silver . . . not that accurate, but if you can use 'em, I'll bring 'em. ^^

Ack . . . I'm not sure I can meet with you guys at 2:30 . . . ^^;;; Saturday is scary scheduling wise. (Doesn't anyone want to cosplay on Friday or Sunday?! lol.) I'll see what I can do though . . .

Yui
05-12-2003, 11:38 AM
Okay, Darcia's pretty much done. I just gotta stabilize the shoulders so they don't flop over pathetically like the dorsal fin of an orca in captivity.

Let's see, for Friday morning, I've promised to be doing Xenogears. Around 1pm I'm changing into j-rock gear for the big panel and then concert. I anticipate not doing anymore costume changes that night because I'll be busy. And I wanted to use Darcia for the cp.com shoot, so I need to wear him at least a little on Saturday. But Sunday I had no exact plans. I was just going recycle a previous day's costume anyway. (I was thinking Kaoru cuz he's comfy, but I can maybe stand to reprise Darcia. I'll let you know how I feel Saturday afternoon. ^_-)

TheLoneWolf
05-12-2003, 04:30 PM
>I have some mini-hoop type magnetic earrings, they're silver . . . not that accurate, but if you can use 'em, I'll bring 'em. ^^

Kewl!

Friday is KoF day for me....anytime saturday is good for me!

ParnsAngel
05-13-2003, 12:30 AM
Saturday at 2:30 worked just great for me, I've already got my costume schedule all planned out ^_^

I can't wait to see Tsume and Darcia!! ^___^