PDA

View Full Version : List you AMANO costume

PockyFairy
09-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Well...I'm actually surprised this thread doesn't already exist actually.
Will feel dumb if I just looked over it..mer. And just for anyone who doesn't know who Amano is :

*dies* Yoshitaka Amano is the character designer for Final Fantasy 1-6 and 9. He also did sketches for FFVII and FFVIII. He did some artwork for the original Casshan anime and Vampire Hunter D among other things.

He is freaking awesome.
He is also coming to Oni-Con 2006.
All should bow to his awesomeness.

Anyway, since Amano himself will be there, why not list your Amano costume?
I'll be getting him to sign:

Amano Vivi

Lady Saea
09-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Amano Sephiroth. ^_^

tahiti
09-08-2006, 01:15 PM
*resists urge to do Amano Donald* XD

Etsu
09-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Amano Tifa

SolarVortex
09-08-2006, 05:43 PM
I know this is going to sound probably increadible stupid.. but I have to ask- what is Amano? lol. =(

Lady Saea
09-08-2006, 06:23 PM
*dies* Yoshitaka Amano is the character designer for Final Fantasy 1-6 and 9. He also did sketches for FFVII and FFVIII. He did some artwork for the original Casshan anime and Vampire Hunter D among other things.

He is freaking awesome.
He is also coming to Oni-Con 2006.
All should bow to his awesomeness.

Cat-Chans
09-08-2006, 09:04 PM
D: I'm glad someone else asked an not me

Digital Blush
09-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Amano Locke here :D

SchizoIori
09-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Amano Tifa makes a return to Oni-con this year. ^_^ Especially glad that I have a sephy <3 for this year instead of nothing. X.x

PockyFairy
09-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Tahiti - That would be the most amazing thing ever. Please say you're not just kidding around! :P

Yaaay. Bought fabric for pants, coat and mask-ish thing today. Hooray for upolstry! :P
I guess some people don't find out who Amano is until you get into cosplay now a days. Lolz.

Scortia
09-09-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm doing the Amano design for a character in Arslan Senki. It all depends on what design I choose when my artbook comes in. Yay for obscurity. :P

Digital Blush
09-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Tahiti - That would be the most amazing thing ever. Please say you're not just kidding around! :P

Yaaay. Bought fabric for pants, coat and mask-ish thing today. Hooray for upolstry! :P
I guess some people don't find out who Amano is until you get into cosplay now a days. Lolz.

omg amano vivi, you are my hero XD cant wait to see that. now i'm sad for not making amano dagger. xD doh.

tahiti
09-10-2006, 03:31 AM

At first I was totally joking, but now that I've thought about it.. it would be fun. I'd just have to convince my sister to do it. I foresee lots of feathers for Donald, and black lipstick for Goofy. XD;;
I'd need more encouragement before I'd go through with it.

PockyFairy
09-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Uchiha - Hey...there's still time. if I can get Vivi done by Oni con, anything's possible. :P
Tahiti - *Pelts you with a mass of encouragment bombs then proceeds to dump a cooler of encouragment onto your head*. I'm totally serious, that would be so amazing. Amano would be like omgwtfbbq!! And I would be like *VIVI GLOMP* Yeah....amazing.

I'm starting to become more and more fearful for anyone who shows up at Oni - con with another Amano Vivi. I'm still surprised no one has made one before, and I want to be the official first...so beware...I may go angry fan-girl on them. Just make sure to bring lots of mace and rope and eveyrone should be fine. :)

Lady Saea
09-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Too bad my sword is only strong enough to stab through plushies. x.x; And PockyFairy scares me. >.> <.<

PockyFairy
09-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Your fear makes Vivi happy.

Digital Blush
09-10-2006, 11:42 PM
i would make Amano Dagger but i made Amano Locke for this con and he still needs some finishing touches added xD maybe some other time. but i'd totally love to get lots of photos of your vivi. xD

Amaya De'Morte
09-11-2006, 12:28 AM
whee! Final fantasy 1 princess sara here! XDD

SchizoIori
09-11-2006, 09:37 AM
i would make Amano Dagger but i made Amano Locke for this con and he still needs some finishing touches added xD maybe some other time. but i'd totally love to get lots of photos of your vivi. xD

PockyFairy is in my room for oni so I'm sure you'll get enough opportunities. ^_^

Pharaoh Atem
09-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Whoa, look in the sky -- It's a bird, it's a plane. . . It's a bead-ninja?
~ WTF?

Actually, there's no lie to that. Although there really aren't any beads involved, for my next act I will be performing "Shadow - Final Fantasy VI" by "Yoshitaka Amano", thanks to some dear friends. :o Kids don't try this at home.

See everybody there ~ Even if you don't see me. xD (Ninja vanish!)

PockyFairy
09-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Yeah, no worries about getting pix of Vivi....it might be the only costume I bring so I'll be wearing it most of the time. :P

Gendo2.0
09-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Gendo ikari here lol

PockyFairy
09-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Sumi masen! This is an Amano forum >_< unless it's like...Amano Gendo..which would be awesome, but anyway...wrong thread. :P

Lady Saea
09-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Whoa, look in the sky -- It's a bird, it's a plane. . . It's a bead-ninja?
~ WTF?

Actually, there's no lie to that. Although there really aren't any beads involved, for my next act I will be performing "Shadow - Final Fantasy VI" by "Yoshitaka Amano", thanks to some dear friends. :o Kids don't try this at home.

See everybody there ~ Even if you don't see me. xD (Ninja vanish!)

OMG. Yay. I love Shadow/Clyde Arrowny. Woot. I cant WAIT to see it. Thats one of the chars I'd choose if I were to do a FFVI cosplay. But I think my next FF cosplay will be Amano Edge from FFIV...but not til sometime in 2007. :D

astillar
09-11-2006, 08:29 PM
This Amano contest (http://www.oni-con.com/index.php?page=events&eventID=36) sounds like fun. Good luck to any cosplay.com-ers that enter!

SchizoIori
09-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Can't wait for the amano contest. Amano Tifa is undergoing repairs sustained from a-fest, but she will be ready again for oni!

Digital Blush
09-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Can't wait for the amano contest. Amano Tifa is undergoing repairs sustained from a-fest, but she will be ready again for oni!

ah oh noes! what kind of damage =(! hope its not to bad. i love your amano tifa it is like teh best T_T

SchizoIori
09-12-2006, 02:08 PM
ah oh noes! what kind of damage =(! hope its not to bad. i love your amano tifa it is like teh best T_T

Ah it's nothing. I just got a slit in the skirt and one of my arm warmers from dancing. Easy to fix stuff. ^_^

Scortia
09-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Woot I got my artbook... so here is what I'll be wearing...

Amano's design for Guibu of the ever-awesome Arslan Senki. (http://www.vereri.com/guibuamano.JPG)

Making a working lyre shall be interesting... sword is almost done... and if I have time I'll make his bow as well. Afterall he's the best archer of all of Pars. >P

PockyFairy
09-13-2006, 12:04 AM
Woooow. that's awesome. I can't wait to see that! Must get pix. But yeah, that would be amazing if your lyre could actually emit a tune. You could learn cool songs to play for amano!

Annnnyway, just to gossip a bit...I was over at Lillyxandra & Haruka's today and we were talking about the contest and all, and apparantly Amano isn't too fond of people who cosplay his work.

We all boggled over this, considering he pretty much is the reason we're even having an Amano contest, and he's also a judge for this and the masquerade ( i think)...but anyway, just thought I'd share that tid-bit of info I got today. Weird. :/ *wonders if Amano will appreciate my vivi semi-surprise*

Amaya De'Morte
09-13-2006, 12:14 AM
I think that's just a rumor. What he said (from what I heard from a few people) is that he said in a sense, that it was weird seeing his creations outside his head, and that sometimes he wished they'd just stay there..

and.. I don't think he'd judge a contest if he didn't like it^^ But that's just what I think

PockyFairy
09-13-2006, 01:29 AM
Yeah that's true. There werent any actual sources pulled here, just random gossip. So I can easily see how someone would mistake what he said for him not liking Amano cosplayers.

Pharaoh Atem
09-13-2006, 09:02 AM
Let me find the direct quote from a gaming interview. . .

Does it feel strange to see the artwork you create sometimes transformed from two-dimensions to the world of 3D? Say my 2D images are 100%, 3D images would be 60%, I mean 50, or may be 40% of what I intended. The gap there is where unknown possibility is. The part that is blank and not fulfilled in the 3D works is the interesting part. I am not going to die because 3D images are not 100%, so it is OK.

That interview can be found here, and is actually kind of dated.
Interview. (http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/specials/special.pl?spec=amano&pagenum=1)

At first, I was kind of insulted, and it gave me this wary sensation that everyone should cosplay Gatchaman. (Which he did when he was 15!?)

But I think really what it means is a wholesome flattered sense he gets when people try to make his dreams real. While this is a common thing for cosplayers to do, this isn't a common thing for ordinary people to experience. There are plenty of great artists out there who never have anyone cosplay their designs, and even if someone didn't get it exactly as they imagined, anyone would be honored.

Space Invader
09-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Amano actually likes seeing people cosplay his work, or so his agent told Cherry when she asked about having a cosplay contest :). SO HAH.

Anyways, since I will be judging alongside Amano at the contest, I'll have my new Terra costume done :). It's looking much better than my last one.

JennyBunny
09-13-2006, 03:20 PM
entering my amano rosa here! ^^.. hopefulyl i can make it perfect before oni rolls around... so many tiny details to make sure i do!! ^^;

Pharaoh Atem
09-13-2006, 07:20 PM
I'll have my new Terra costume done :). It's looking much better than my last one.

Oh no. xD I'll make sure to wear my lead vest under my Shadow costume to shield from the radio-active awesome waves of Amano-ness.

Oni-Con gonna' rock~!

Arei
09-14-2006, 01:56 AM
i would be doing amano rinoa..but thats far from being done :'(

PockyFairy
09-18-2006, 01:17 AM
Vivi pants & mask = Done.
slowly but surely.

EverEvolvingGrl
09-19-2006, 10:05 PM
See.... I wanted to go as Amano Lulu, then said no... I don't have the funds, or the time.... then I said, "You'll be at a con, with the man himself" So then I said okay maybe. Then I thought, after much research and drawing "What if I make an interpretation of amano's work and then.... he's insulted, cause I took his work the wrong way....
WAHHH!
I'm going back and forth on this so much I don't know what to do!
I mean my idea of the cosplay is really pretty I must say but.... do you think it would be worth it? I'm honestly intimidated by the man....

astillar
09-19-2006, 10:15 PM
I figure if you don't do it, you'll kick yourself for missing this opportunity.

Digital Blush
09-19-2006, 11:45 PM
yeah but you also need to keep in mind that oni-con is 4-5 weeks away XD so the more time you take on debating it, the less time you have to work on it :O

EverEvolvingGrl
09-20-2006, 01:55 AM
*re-reads my post*
what a spaz....
Anywho, the more I think about it the more I like the idea of doing it.... I think I'll just do it, cause like astillar said, i'm might regret not doing it.

PockyFairy
09-20-2006, 02:16 AM
I say go for it. You only live once, and you never know if youll ever get this oppourtunity again. I'm no where near finished with mine, if it makes you feel any better, but I'm going to try my hardest to get it done, because the end result is going to be amazing happiness. :)

Pharaoh Atem
09-20-2006, 08:07 AM
I say go for it. You only live once.

the more time you take on debating it, the less time you have to work on it

you'll kick yourself for missing this opportunity.

xD I think we have a general consensus. Go, go, go!

SchizoIori
09-25-2006, 11:25 AM
I'm so ready for the amano contest!

Pharaoh Atem
09-25-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm so ready for the amano contest!

Zomg, I can't stop thinking about it either. xD Less than a month away!
(But not by much~.)

PockyFairy
09-25-2006, 12:15 PM
-dies from vivi stress-
My hat = awesome.

SchizoIori
09-25-2006, 04:14 PM
-dies from vivi stress-
My hat = awesome.

!!! *phoenix down!*

Etsu
09-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Zomg, I can't stop thinking about it either. xD Less than a month away!
(But not by much~.)
Waaahhh, I really need to finish my costume up. My roommates have even reminded me. ^^;;

Saigo
09-25-2006, 04:44 PM
so its just cosplay? as amano's work?

hmm... maybe i could make one more character by then?

darn Shadows been taken.....

maybe i could try sabin or edgar? or kefka!!! muahahaha... clown... lol
he did do those characters right?

Scortia
09-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Saigo: He did indeed.

Meh,.. Guibu is going to be the death of me. I decided to paint almost every square inch of fabric in this costume to make it look more like watercolor. Woo, takes forever. ~_~

Space Invader
09-25-2006, 06:22 PM
New Terra is taking SO LONG to do -___-. Especially the boots. Oh my god I hate them... they look hot, but they're a pain in the ass. So. HATE!

*putters off to go bead more*

Scortia
09-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Space Invader: Ha, your turmoil reminds me of why I'm glad I'm cosplaying an Amano male... lack of the shiny bling. :P

Lady Saea
09-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Yeah. Thank god Amano Sephy has much less beadage and shiny bling than Terra. x.x;

Space Invader...you're Terra, not Fuujin now. O.o; ("HATE").
Though I can't wait to see your Terra in person. Wheeee. Tis awesomeness.

Speaking of Amano Kefka...Cherry is bringing hers! Bwah *dies cuz its awesome*

SchizoIori
09-25-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm really anxious to see everyone's interpretations of their chosen Amano designs. I think that's going to be a big part of the fun.

PockyFairy
09-26-2006, 10:26 AM
Meh,.. Guibu is going to be the death of me. I decided to paint almost every square inch of fabric in this costume to make it look more like watercolor. Woo, takes forever. ~_~

ewwww water color. I'm having to do that too for a part of vivi's cape/sash thingie and then details on the coat. Couldn't find any fabric that looked randomly splotchy enough, so figured water color was the best way to go...now if I can just find time to actually do it. XD

SchizoIori
09-26-2006, 01:31 PM
ewwww water color. I'm having to do that too for a part of vivi's cape/sash thingie and then details on the coat. Couldn't find any fabric that looked randomly splotchy enough, so figured water color was the best way to go...now if I can just find time to actually do it. XD

We can work on it together and I can show you how to charge watercolor. I'm hoping charging works just as well on material, but I think it will. And your Vivi will be full of awesome.

Lady Saea
09-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Well right now your hats only full of air...but I guess air is awesome right? *braces for a thwack* O.o;

SchizoIori
09-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Well right now your hats only full of air...but I guess air is awesome right? *braces for a thwack* O.o;

Shush Sephy! Vivi might Vivi-fireball you. XD

Anna
09-26-2006, 06:50 PM
I finally settled on Amano Summoner Yuna Friday. I don't think I'll be able to finish the boots in time, (She has some srsly screwy looking boots in the artwork.) but they'll be impossible to see with the skirt so s'all good. XD I can't wait to see everyone's splotchy, beady costumes! ^0^

PockyFairy
09-27-2006, 10:33 AM
*fumes and charges up a black magic attack, then falls asleep from narcolepsy, due to costume overtime.*
yeah, next time I come over schizo, i'll bring stuff to do the water color thing, okeedokee?

EverEvolvingGrl
09-28-2006, 04:04 AM
sooo I decieded that I will do Lulu.... the sketches tho.. are so tiney you can barely tell *what* she looks like. i'm just taking the costume and putting it into Amano mode. The only thing I can tell is that the fur trim is v-shaped and her crazy hairsticks are surprisingly not so crazy. I hope to pose with some Yuna's before the end of the night.
Oh god... and the make-up! I have no idea how i'm going to pull amano make-up on brown skin.....

Koda89
09-28-2006, 08:38 AM
I wish I could make an Amano outfit, but it is too close to the con now....and I suck at sewing.

SchizoIori
09-28-2006, 11:11 AM
*fumes and charges up a black magic attack, then falls asleep from narcolepsy, due to costume overtime.*
yeah, next time I come over schizo, i'll bring stuff to do the water color thing, okeedokee?

Yea costuming! It's going to look schweet! (and don't forget your yellow plastic for VIVI EYES)

Arei
09-28-2006, 03:01 PM
id have started on my amano outfit if i didnt have a crap load of other costumes to do and no money lol

PockyFairy
09-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Yea costuming! It's going to look schweet! (and don't forget your yellow plastic for VIVI EYES)

yeah i decided i'm gna go with yellow cellophane...it's probably easier to see through then saran wrap. xD Maybe i can convince Jesse to let me stop at a place they have that stuff after MEK tonight.

astillar
09-28-2006, 06:40 PM
You gonna get those eyes to light up?
There was that black mage at . . . A-kon, I think? Sweet costume. And those glowy eyes rocked.

Pharaoh Atem
09-29-2006, 02:14 PM
Glowy eyes for the win.

Man, I can't wait for my Shadow Make-up to come in. I can't wait to try it on and such; emo-Ninja myspace pictures for the win.

3 Weeks until Oni-Con ~ :D!!

SchizoIori
09-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Hey, I got the job at party city so if they have some yellow mini glow-sticks I'll see if I can grab a few.

Pharaoh Atem
10-01-2006, 05:46 PM
"Alright, this is an announcement on behalf of the Amano Cosplay Showcase "commission"? Ha, well, after talking to person(s) in charge of the Amano Cosplay Showcase, it turns out after compilation and omition of double-entries and entries that did not qualify (some people did actually submit "joke" entries of all the nerve) there are approximately 20 spots left open in the Amano Cosplay Showcase.

Entry has been extended until October 10th, and you'll see a message on Oni-Con.com's forums also.

Anyone who thought they were going to miss out now has a golden-beaded opportunity to strut their stuff, and others can take inspiration to join in the fun. Tell your friends!

The entry submission form can still be found at Oni-Con.com's forums, but here is a link just to save time, since not everyone frequents there.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/789881/

After completing, submit to amanoshowcase@yahoo.com .

Anna
10-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Huh... If we entered already and didn't get a reply should we go ahead and enter again, or just wait it out for awhile and see if we get one?

Pharaoh Atem
10-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Just wait it out. Confirmation e-mails have been sort of an awkward situation, the person in charge of it has many other things to take care of. If you entered within a reasonable time from the deadline, you should be in.

And as long as you didn't answer the question "What is your costume?" with "Goku from Dragon Ball Z!" you should also be okay.

Re-entering can cause confusion, and you might get double-entered and cost someone a spot. xD

Cherry
10-01-2006, 08:59 PM
That entry form is actually old, and the file no longer exists. The new form can be downloaded here:

http://www.oni-con.com/index.php?page=events&eventID=36

Tell your friends, and help drum up the last few entries so that we can have a full show. Don't worry. The confirmation e-mails are going out steadily, but I just didn't want to slam off the registration when we still had a few spots left. <3

PockyFairy
10-01-2006, 09:17 PM
i have everything done (base wise, no details) except for the coat. getting close. :) Glow stick method didn't work at all...might just have to get shiney reflective fabric that's see through. >.<

Space Invader
10-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Terra is eating my soul.

Good god I hope she's done in time. x_x

SchizoIori
10-01-2006, 10:25 PM
But Vivi shall be a success!

PockyFairy
10-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Hehehe.
I'm starting to hope the same thing, and pray I finish as well. I would absolutley *hate* to have something on me that's not finished, not just for the contests sake. SchizoIori even suggested (if needed) to work on the plushie on the car ride down, just to make as much time as possible for the completion. *anxious* Hope everyone's saying cool and not getting too stressed. @_@

Cherry
10-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Kefka is getting re-vamped for this convention. Mm. Hand beading makes my hand bleed.

HELP SPAM THE COMPETETION! NEED TO FILL THOSE LAST ENTRY SPOTS!

Digital Blush
10-01-2006, 11:48 PM
PockyFairy: I believe in you! i'm excited to see your Vivi, if you need help you've got a room filled of cosplayers for you to be your helpers :P

Cherry: I'm excited to see your Kekfa in person T_T

Pharaoh Atem
10-02-2006, 09:40 AM
SpaceInvader ~ Relax0rz, you can do it! :o

PockyFairy ~ Launch Vivi for great justice -- Botched Video game quotes aside, you've got plenty of people cheering and volunteering to assist. xD Vivi just IS that awesome.

Cherry ~ xD I'm IMing people as fast as I can!

On one hand, I'm excited Oni-Con is so soon ~ On the other I'm still spazzing out about details on Shadow. xD My make-up still hasn't come in yet and I can't find my contacts. >o< Y'argh!

SchizoIori
10-02-2006, 11:16 AM
LoLs we have the room full of amano cosplayers here. I'm sure Our room will be a mess of beads and shinys and fabric.

Lady Saea
10-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Good thing Gau isn't in our room. He'd be spazzing out. Shiny shiny!! x.x;

Pharaoh Atem
10-02-2006, 03:09 PM

Zoh mah Gaud. xD That'd be hell in a shiny jewel-encrusted hand basket.

SchizoIori
10-02-2006, 04:30 PM

There's plenty of chaos between your and Pockyfairy's costumes alone. Add Uchiha's and mine on top of that and...well...it'd be a cat's heaven.

PockyFairy
10-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Schizo - Our room is going to be pretty. O_O And full of wigs. LAWLZ NO WIG FOR VIVI! *dance*
Pharoah Atem - Yeah, I just get stressed..but it is really nice to have such a great set of people backing me up :)
Uchiha - yeah...help is always very much appreciated, but you guy's support is more than enough encouragment :P

This weekend I have set a goal - FINISH THAT DARN COAT!

Hee-Hee
10-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Just a head's up, PockyFairy, when you hear "ZOMG I LOVE YOU VIVIIIII~!" about ten times during the contest, that'll be me.

=D

rabidfanboy
10-02-2006, 05:52 PM
I can't wait to see your Vivi outfit! I've been very curious about it since first reading you were gonna do it. Also can't wait to see everone else's Amano costumes as well. I hope I can get a good seat during the showcase...

PockyFairy
10-04-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm glad everyone's getting excited. Only 3 weeks away...actually 2 & 1/2...scary. And I'm no where near done. *Prays to the cosplay Gods.*

Pharaoh Atem
10-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Cosplay Gods come to you when you pick something as awesome as Vivi. xD I'm hoping my Shadow Make-up comes in time, I rechose it last night with help from Uchiha and Space Invader so it should be good. I'm pretty much done other wise except for a few neat details. So yeah Shadow is a~Go~Go.

I don't mean to stress Cherry out. xD But we still don't know when the contest is starting. When's everyone resigning themselves to changing into Amano costumes?

Like 1-2 hours before? Or a certain time of the day?

We can all get together and take pictures while the day lighting is still good, because night and day are like -- well, night and day. xD Not that night is a bad time to take pictures, just sayin'~! :O

Lady Saea
10-04-2006, 12:19 PM
When is the meeting/lineup for the Amano Showcase?

As well, has anyone received confirmation emails yet? O.o;

PockyFairy
10-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Vivi likes the darkness O_O

Pharaoh Atem
10-04-2006, 03:13 PM
"I believe in a thing called love!
Just believe in the rhythm of the heart ~ ! "

Oh. . . You didn't mean the band. xD But yeah, I can see where some people would definitely flourish in darker lighting. So we can get together before and/or after.

SchizoIori
10-06-2006, 04:50 PM
I had one of those horrible cosplay dreams where you forget the most important part of your costume. X_x I don't want to do any of that for this.

Scortia
10-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Ugh I had to redesign Guibu a bit... his cape was ridiculous and the vest just wouldn't fit a female right. X_X

But on the bright side I made it a costume merged with elements of Amano's design and the design from the OAV... so yay best of both worlds. I do so love him in the OAV.

GAH LESS THAN TWO WEEKS LEFT!

Space Invader
10-06-2006, 08:41 PM
I think... I might actually have the bulk of Terra done by tomorrow evening :D. All that's gonna be left is some tiny details, and painting the tights (I would use my old ones, except they got a big ugly snag in them at Dragon*Con T_T).

PockyFairy
10-09-2006, 01:54 AM
*dies a thousand velvet-related deaths*
I got the base part of the coat done over the weekend....didn't have enough lining...looks retarded....hope no one notices too bad..crap loads of boning....and i friggin....hate....VELVET. *explodes*

Amaya De'Morte
10-09-2006, 11:57 AM
haha.. closer to being done, though the costume is completely killing me. So afraid it's gonna turn out badly.. XD

I should have chosen something smaller in size and magnitude XDD

kyandi-chan
10-12-2006, 10:01 PM
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=81223

I already had a thread like this...but oh well

Relm or Freija. Depends on how sane I am, come Oni-con.

Mogsabre
10-13-2006, 10:59 AM
I'm actually going to be Amano Firion ^.^

trevinokenjiro
10-14-2006, 05:14 AM
-Useing a friends account to post- This is Ao
I'll have my revamped Amano Leviathan Cosplay. ^_^V.
Is there going to be a HUGE photo shoot gathering after the contest? OR some time Friday? I hope so? That would be cool!!!

whee! Final fantasy 1 princess sara here! XDD

Cant wait to see it!! I was going to cosplay her at one point ^_^V. I didnt know whom it was at first though. Till my BF & his friend told me XD. I was just like i wanna cosplay her!

Cherry
10-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Amano Contest e-mails have been sent out. I'm still accepting last minute entries, but all in all we're on easy street now.

I'd say that we all can do a big photo-shoot together after the contest, if everyone is up for it.

Scortia
10-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Ah a photoshoot that could quite possibly blind the photographers after the flash bounces off of all the sparklies. >P

Pharaoh Atem
10-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Oh, but the people nice enough to take our pictures DESERVE to go out with a bang like that. A tombstone marked

DEATH BY AWESOME
Died how we lived ~

Excitement!

Space Invader
10-14-2006, 11:23 PM
I'm finishing up the last bit of beading on Terra *_*. Then it's sewing some more gold bias tape, painting the tights, and finishing my Runic Blade. Huzzah!

SchizoIori
10-15-2006, 12:16 AM
I love the photoshoot idea. Jonobi and I just got our confirmations, but does anyone know what time everything is at? Our stuff didn't say. Just says to get there an hour and a half early but doesn't say what time.

Cherry
10-15-2006, 12:47 AM
There is no time because the convention schedule will not be finalized until Monday or Tuesday.

As of right now the Amano Contest is at 6:00pm.

kyandi-chan
10-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Ah a photoshoot that could quite possibly blind the photographers after the flash bounces off of all the sparklies. >P

I'm all about blinding photographers with bling ^^ *Going to wear Relm*

PockyFairy
10-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Kyandi - Many apologies, I wouldn't have made this thread if I'd seen yours! Forgive me. ;__;

Vivi is about 85-90% done. All I have left is to remake my mask, the belt, and the plushie. Hoorah.

Even though it looks like I am going to finish on time...never again am I doing such a complicated costume in such a short amount of time. *dies*

Hope everyone else's Amano-ness is coming along well!

So i got my contest form, finally, was really excited!
I'm #015! Anyone else got their numbers yet?

Digital Blush
10-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Kyandi - Many apologies, I wouldn't have made this thread if I'd seen yours! Forgive me. ;__;

Vivi is about 85-90% done. All I have left is to remake my mask, the belt, and the plushie. Hoorah.

Even though it looks like I am going to finish on time...never again am I doing such a complicated costume in such a short amount of time. *dies*

Hope everyone else's Amano-ness is coming along well!

So i got my contest form, finally, was really excited!
I'm #015! Anyone else got their numbers yet?

i'm #4, hopefully i'll be sitting a row in front of you so we can all chat xD

Lady Saea
10-16-2006, 02:34 PM
#28 for me. :D The excitement grows each day. :D

Etsu
10-16-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm #10, which is slightly nerve-racking since I've never participated in a cosplay contest before.

I feel like I'm a Project Runway right now as I scramble to finish what has got to be one of my most creatively challenging endeavors ever.

SchizoIori
10-16-2006, 05:04 PM
27 and amano tifa has been ready to go since the longest time! Can't wait!

Pharaoh Atem
10-16-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm #16. xD Looks like we're "room mates" Pocky Fairy. That's cool, 'cause I can make up for last con'. xD I was really out of it and such, still sorry about that.

MAN, is it wrong that I keep putting on Amano Shadow as I work on it because I'm so excited to wear it? xD I guess we're all super excited.

O Fortuna represent (some people know what I'm referring to. xD Excitement!)

SchizoIori
10-17-2006, 04:49 PM
i'm #4, hopefully i'll be sitting a row in front of you so we can all chat xD

Awww boo you're ahead of me and I probably won't get to converse and make comentary with you. XD

Amaya De'Morte
10-18-2006, 10:11 AM
I'm number twelve^^

Though I think I'll take up more than one chair with just the fabric XD

SchizoIori
10-18-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm number twelve^^

Though I think I'll take up more than one chair with just the fabric XD

XD I'm almost sure of it.

Lady Saea
10-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Hey atleast you're not taking up 4 chairs with your claws, Jesse!

PockyFairy
10-19-2006, 10:21 AM
lolz Amaya and her space consumption. Is there a costume you have that *doesnt* eat air? xD You funny.

Pharoh - It's all gravy.

Well.....I FINALLY finished Vivi. It didn't turn out as amazing as I'd hoped....so I *really* hope I don't let you all down. I did try my best, and I will admit a million times over that this was way above my skill level in cosplay...but I really wanted to do it. -_-

Anyway, I'm getting really excited now that I've finished everything! I don't have to worry about things not getting done anymore so I can relax and become anxious! :P

Everyone else doing good?
See you at Oni!

SchizoIori
10-19-2006, 11:19 AM
lolz Amaya and her space consumption. Is there a costume you have that *doesnt* eat air? xD You funny.

Pharoh - It's all gravy.

Well.....I FINALLY finished Vivi. It didn't turn out as amazing as I'd hoped....so I *really* hope I don't let you all down. I did try my best, and I will admit a million times over that this was way above my skill level in cosplay...but I really wanted to do it. -_-

Anyway, I'm getting really excited now that I've finished everything! I don't have to worry about things not getting done anymore so I can relax and become anxious! :P

Everyone else doing good?
See you at Oni!

Psssha you invoke vivi doom on all of us with the fact that you even attempted it. I've sure it looks great!

trevinokenjiro
10-19-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm #38 haha I'm last XD. Thats kind of good though. my wiongs r heavy & really hurt to wear. But they r so worth it heheh. (At Ushi they started to make my shoulders bleed ACK.)

I'm so excited. I cant wait to see everyones work!
Oh did u all hear about the other Amano contest? At a con that was a few days ago I believe. A trashcan made mistwalker cosplay won. I'm looking up photos of it right now. Sounds pretty kick butt!. I heard Amano just LOVED it hehe -^_^-

Pharaoh Atem
10-23-2006, 01:54 AM
I have to say the Amano Cosplay contest was one of the best experiences I have ever had. Everyone who entered was a hoot! And meeting the man himself was awesome too.

When he signed my belt, he drew Shadow giving a thumbs-up. xD I'm such a Ninja-Dork. I'm really glad I was able to communicate with him in Japanese as well; and that he responded in "Thank you".

Congratulations to everyone who won an award, you really deserve it. And for those who didn't, you were also really awesome as well; there were so many great costumes and all of them should be equally recognized for all the time and energy put into them.

w00t!

tahiti
10-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Who were the winners of the contest? I got to the con right AT 6, so I missed it all ;_;
I heard Jonobi got 2nd place- congrats!!

Chibi Yunie
10-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Tahiti -

Jonobi was second, yup! First was Ao ko neko (?) with her Leviathan, and third was Ryo-sama with her Gau! ^^

Congratulations to the winners, amazing work, and congrats to everyone, there were a lot of impressive Amano costumes at this event. O_O *claps*

Lady Saea
10-23-2006, 04:22 PM
Congratulations to everyone. I loved everyone's costumes. They were all seriously beautiful and if anyone felt awkward because I was looking intently up and down at them, it was probably because I was admiring the costume(s). ^.^

That was a lot of fun. Meeting Amano was a dream come true. I've only taken a 1/2 semester of Japanese but I tried my best to converse with him a tiny bit. All I could manage was several thank yous and introducing myself to him along with saying how amazing he is. x.x;

I hope very much to meet many of you again at future cons! ^_^

SchizoIori
10-23-2006, 04:29 PM
I loved seeing all the amano contestants. I very much think the people who got awards very much deserved them. I almost started to cry when Jonobi got his because that was a joint effort between the two of us. It was a dream come true to even meet him and one of the most memorable things I've got in my con list now. I had a wonderful time.

Etsu
10-23-2006, 06:10 PM
That was a lot of fun. Meeting Amano was a dream come true. I've only taken a 1/2 semester of Japanese but I tried my best to converse with him a tiny bit. All I could manage was several thank yous and introducing myself to him along with saying how amazing he is. x.x;
I know what you mean. All the Japanese I knew went out the window when it hit me that Yoshitaka Amano was a foot away from me.

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance talk to everyone. It was a bit overwhelming w/ it being my 1st cosplay contest, Amano judging, and everyone in their fantastic costumes. I hope we get to do this again. It was fun having all the Amano cosplayers march down the hallways. ^_^

Scortia
10-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Etsu: AHAHA I lost all ability to speak Japanese as well when Amano was before me. I was just like "thank you" 4 times. *snort* Oh well, he knows he rocks.

trevinokenjiro
10-23-2006, 08:16 PM
You all did so well ^_^. I loved all your costumes!!!. N i bet it just made Amanos day! heheh seeing his work come to life like that.
awww *still in aw* over the amazeing costumes!
Loved the ViVi, the REALLY good Locke, & the Princess Sara!

Cherry
10-25-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm glad that we ran smoothly enough to have time for a meet and greet back stage. I hope all of you had fun. Mr.Amano loved the show, and was very flattered that his work has come to life. All rumors of him not liking cosplay are now VOID. He was more than happy to sit back stage and spend time with everyone, signing whatever they wanted. <3

He was very thankful, and impresssed by all the costumes. The Gaus made him laugh -hard-.

trevinokenjiro
10-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Thanks you Cherry for asking him to come over here ^_^. N for talking me into wearing my Amano costume hehe. ^_^
Oh did Amano wear his hat? N did he get to go to NASA?
Hahaha I think mister Amano wanted my BFs CowBoy hat instead of the one I gave him. He did a Kick A** drawing of him. Like his Gatchman work. Hes so happy about it ^_^V.
We have to do a Amano photo shoot one say in Huston!!!

Musoka
10-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Hey everyone I'd like to say it was an honor to stand next to all of you and your wonderful work! Grats to everyone who participated, you all inspire me so much as a new cosplayer! ^^ Thank you I had a blast!

Cherry
10-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Thanks you Cherry for asking him to come over here ^_^. N for talking me into wearing my Amano costume hehe. ^_^
Oh did Amano wear his hat? N did he get to go to NASA?
Hahaha I think mister Amano wanted my BFs CowBoy hat instead of the one I gave him. He did a Kick A** drawing of him. Like his Gatchman work. Hes so happy about it ^_^V.
We have to do a Amano photo shoot one say in Huston!!!

Yes, Amano went to NASA and had entirely too much fun.. and enjoyed his hat entirely too much. He was wearing it in the lobby on Tuesday when I went to say good bye to him and get his bags for him. xD He had so much fun. . . seriously. I think we could easily convince him to come back. I loove that guy so much. xD

Thank you all again...You've all helped Yoshitaka Amano fall in love with our con. :P

SchizoIori
10-26-2006, 11:45 PM
I'd love it to see him back again if at all possible. He's such a wonderful man! Cherry, you really handled all of the cosplay stuff so well. I'm sure that attributed alot to how much he enjoyed himself.

Hee-Hee
10-27-2006, 12:25 AM
Yes, Amano went to NASA and had entirely too much fun.. and enjoyed his hat entirely too much. He was wearing it in the lobby on Tuesday when I went to say good bye to him and get his bags for him. xD He had so much fun. . . seriously. I think we could easily convince him to come back. I loove that guy so much. xD

Thank you all again...You've all helped Yoshitaka Amano fall in love with our con. :P

^_^ Ahaa! That's awesome. Amano at NASA! Crazy cool.. And I hope he does come back!

The big tadoo over everything has inspired me to try my hand at an Amano Irvine Kinnease (ffVIII) because so far I hadn't seen one and well... it'd be cool! And since I didn't get to see him at Oni-con (which I whimpered over)-- yeah, that'd be great if he came back!

Cherry
10-27-2006, 03:28 PM
^_^ Ahaa! That's awesome. Amano at NASA! Crazy cool.. And I hope he does come back!

The big tadoo over everything has inspired me to try my hand at an Amano Irvine Kinnease (ffVIII) because so far I hadn't seen one and well... it'd be cool! And since I didn't get to see him at Oni-con (which I whimpered over)-- yeah, that'd be great if he came back!

...*Tempted toward Amano Squall or Seifer*

rabidfanboy
10-27-2006, 05:12 PM
OMG!!!1111 That would be really freakin' awesome if you got him back next year and did another showcase. I would sooooo actually make an amano costume this time 'round and participate instead of just watching.

If you'd like me to beg I will..... m(_ _)m *begs ferociously at feet*

Hee-Hee
10-27-2006, 05:53 PM
...*Tempted toward Amano Squall or Seifer*

Ohohohooo.. -Head explodes.-

NiGHTmaren
10-27-2006, 05:58 PM
If you guys can get Amano, I'd fly out there just to see him again and wear my Amano Rydia, which will be done in time for next year's Oni-Con. When he was over here in Florida he wouldn't stop eating pizza...he really likes it! XD

Lucifer
10-28-2006, 12:10 AM
I personally had a great time helping out, be it line control, holding stuff...or helping people on stage (I'm sorry if I screwed up your (leviathan cosplayer's) pictures x_x).

PockyFairy
10-30-2006, 10:17 AM
If you guys can get Amano, I'd fly out there just to see him again and wear my Amano Rydia, which will be done in time for next year's Oni-Con. When he was over here in Florida he wouldn't stop eating pizza...he really likes it! XD

It would be awesome if Amano came back, and that would be most amazing if you came next year too! *Really would love to meet you*

But I do believe I'd make another Amano costume. Been leaning toward Celes Cere for a while. >.>

Pharaoh Atem
10-30-2006, 10:32 AM
It would be awesome if Amano came back, and that would be most amazing if you came next year too! *Really would love to meet you*

But I do believe I'd make another Amano costume. Been leaning toward Celes Cere for a while. >.>

But the Vivi goodness. T_T

No, I know what it's like to have an awesome costume and feel like you are suffering in it, and thus want to make another. I'm actually leaning towards Zidane for next Amano shindig, have for a while and I think I'll act on it.

Lady Saea
10-30-2006, 11:57 AM
If I make another Amano costume I believe it will be Edge from FFIV. I would do Golbez but I don't think I'll be ready for that one for a while. ^.^

SchizoIori
10-30-2006, 04:06 PM
I'd bring my Rydia since it's the next on the list for me anyway. ^_^

Etsu
10-31-2006, 02:18 PM
All this talk about future Amano costumes (and a conversation backstage) makes me want to create an Amano Yuffie.

Digital Blush
10-31-2006, 05:16 PM
All this talk about future Amano costumes (and a conversation backstage) makes me want to create an Amano Yuffie.

lol yeah i've been wanting to do an Amano Yuffie for sometime but i wouldnt want to get bashed for making up something he never drew T_T :has heard some stories: