PDA

View Full Version : UC/AW/CC Gundam cosplay thread

Loran Cehack
09-11-2006, 03:59 PM
As requested in the SEED Cosplay forum, the multipurpose UC/AW/CC Gundam cosplay thread is here. This is for anything and everything relating to the Universal Century, After War, and Correct Century.

Anyway, to get things started, as far as gatherings and events on the subject go, we've got...

-Turn A Gundam group and skit (AnimeBoston 2007)
-Mine and HEDGESMFG's UC gathering (Anime Expo 2007)
-GreatSG's Zeon Rally (Otakon 2007)
-Giantsatanrobo's "A Night At The Axisbury 2: Electric Boogaloo" skit (Otakon 2007)

I'm currently in the process of making my Gremmy Toto (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/Zacku/gremmy_color_t.jpg) costume for AX and Otakon. I'm hoping it'll come out perfectly.

jetspectacular
09-11-2006, 04:43 PM
whee~ thx Loran!

Hey hey~ don't forget about the Chicago International Film Festival thread (Zeta movies and tomino apperance~~)
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=86863

Oh sadness, I want to go to the Otakon stuff ;_;

Cagalli Kasshu
09-11-2006, 07:52 PM
when i grow up and i get a good job, i will go to a con in USA...
but now i'm planning two UC costumes: Haman in her saint seiya alike suit xD and Nanai Miguel ;_;

GreatSG
09-11-2006, 09:26 PM
You listed my Zeon Rally! XD!!!

Nick Izumi
09-12-2006, 01:29 AM
Hey Chicago is a good gathering place... cause it's near Wisconsin...

KaiJule
09-12-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm in, you know :3 and leaning towards Garma and Haman XD

If I ever have enough money I'll go poke you in the States XD

Station
09-13-2006, 05:21 PM
A group of 3 of us are planning to do a Titans pilot group at AX2007 inspired after my being a random Titans pilot at AX2006 ;)

One of my friends will be Scirroco, I will be either Yazan or Jerid and my other friend we haven't figured out yet. (ideas? He looks kind of arabic/european)

jetspectacular
09-13-2006, 06:10 PM
ON THAT NOTE~~~~! XD

my con schedule has been severely trimmed, so I think the only cons I'm going to are the spring/summer ones in Cali...

Fanime 2007
Seed - Miguel *DEFRock* Ayman
MSG - ?? [wanna do origin Char and Garma ;_; the n00b ensign uniform~]

AX 2007
Seed - Orga *Oraora~* Sabnak
Zeta - Sarah *lol@katsu* Zabirov
ZZ - Judah *bowchika* Ashta? <-- lolz super easy, Loran

ComicCon 2007
??

Station--- DO YAZAN. because. well. Yazan > Jerid.

---------------------------------

Oh yah~ so like, this thread is for tips/links/questions on constructing uniforms or finding pieces or where to get etc :D

some emblem reference sites

-----Londenion (http://side7.gundam.com/rgz/emblem/uniform.html ) is a good ref. I have a few more as well as the cut outs for the garma uniform I made but they're on another comp~ i'll post them soon.

-----Den (http://side7.gundam.com/whitewolf/) also has good reference images for EFF (and EAF counterpart~) and Zeon uniforms

Station, i know I linked to a few jp gundam webrings to you on /cgl/ a few months ago.. I dont have the link anymore.. anychance you still got it?? I also fond a chinese site with gundam cosplay~ i'll post later when i'm on th right comp ^^

Station
09-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Emblems are not a problem. I have 199 of them from the Emblem Collection book. A lot of which aren't on the Londenion or White Wolf site. If you are looking for something obscure that's hard to find on the internet, let me know.

http://www.invasionx.com/random/captainzeon.jpg

I might do Jerid just so my friend could do Yazan, not sure yet.

I also have some vectors of regular symbols like Titans, Zeon, EF and AEUG.

Chibi-kun
09-13-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm still trying to squeeze a UC group cosplay for AX 07 but I dont think thats going to be possible >___> so it might have to wait for a different con then.

but once I do get started, I'm still dieing to do Garma and Anavel lol

jetspectacular
09-14-2006, 04:57 AM
some random chinese gundam cosplayers~ http://www.copure.net/galle/sakuhin/anime/Gundam_fl.html

Chibikun, how about ComicCon? :D You go to that?

Chibi-kun
09-14-2006, 12:03 PM
yep yep, I go to Comic Con but all the people I hang out with at Comic Con arent into UC cosplaying as much as Seed XPP so I'm still trying to convince my other friends to skip out on summer duties and join meh in UC cosplaying at Comic Con lol. :D I'd love to see awhole bunch of UC cosplayers at Comic Con lol, because it seems as if they no longer exist >D I would rather do a UC cosplay first before jumping onto the other centuries lol.

Hanyaan
09-14-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm an odd one out here... I'm a Turn-A cosplayer, because I actually like tacky awful designs, particularly when they have totally bizarre fabrics and seams and I have to stare at the designs for an hour before I can even see how the heck to do it, and are coupled with really horrifying hairdos that tax the wig stylist in me to the maximum of her ability. :D And also because that show is teh fricking awesome. I've cosplayed already as Sochie, and I'm going to cosplay later as Diana in SOME outfit. Although her hair is horrifying, and the few ones where she doesn't have her hair showing have totally bizarre headdresses. YAY IMPOSSIBLE.

EDIT: For a fair warning, I really do :heart: my Turn-A. I'm just particularly sarcastic, and I bash the designs of everything I cosplay. Even Ghibli stuff, and I'm the biggest Ghibli whore I've ever met.

Station
09-14-2006, 11:05 PM
yep yep, I go to Comic Con but all the people I hang out with at Comic Con arent into UC cosplaying as much as Seed XPP so I'm still trying to convince my other friends to skip out on summer duties and join meh in UC cosplaying at Comic Con lol. :D I'd love to see awhole bunch of UC cosplayers at Comic Con lol, because it seems as if they no longer exist >D I would rather do a UC cosplay first before jumping onto the other centuries lol.
Me and my friends actually live in San Diego, but rarely go to Comic-Con or even think about cosplaying to it.

I suppose we could possibly go to both AX and Comic-Con and cosplay as our UC outfits to both next year.

We could all even hang out afterwards if you want too. We live less than 3 miles away.

Chibi-kun
09-15-2006, 02:07 AM
woah! San Diego cosplayers who are actually into UC gundam XD wow lol.
its hard to find SD cosplayers here >D and I know there isnt alot of cosplaying in Comic Con at all, most of the cosplays done there are, err...Star Wars lol.

jetspectacular
09-15-2006, 03:59 AM
I'm a San Diego resident too (Chula Vista) but I got to school in riverside. :3 I've been going to/volunteering at/working at Comic Con for like.. 7 years. It's like a summer tradition for my friends and I~

Sure, there's not much anime cosplaying, but there's some~ and there mucho mucho oldschool cartoons/anime appreciated there. UC stuff isn't too far off from Star Wars anyway, in terms of popculture impact, east and west.

Chibikun let's make a tiny group XD omg all my friends are into macross, i totally missed the boat on that one (well I like Southern Cross...) And station, you too XD

Chibi-kun
09-15-2006, 04:43 AM
lol, damn where have you all SD cosplayers been hiding then XDDD
well, currently I go to school in both mesa and miramar (wasnt willing to dish out alot of mulla to go to AI or FIDM XP) but im all up for a UC Group cosplay anyday XD

ill get cracking on garma soon then lol

Station
09-15-2006, 05:44 AM
Chibikun let's make a tiny group XD omg all my friends are into macross, i totally missed the boat on that one (well I like Southern Cross...) And station, you too XD
Your friends are into Macross? How have I not met you?

I only became a complete Gundam fanatic about a year and a half ago, until which I was a complete Macross fanboy. I spread the Macross fanism to all my friends and one of my friends has actually spread it all over his work (COX cable). They borrowed all my DVDs and have been watching them for a month.

He's my only friend that hasn't been turned to the side of Gundam after my conversion.

We're on the island (Coronado). ;)

jetspectacular
09-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Station-- dude XD Well.. my best friend.. she's always been into the romance stuff that was in Robotech (she loves hikaru and misa).. and before we parted for college she went into a spending spree with other friends pitching in to buy the DVD sets, artbooks etc.. so most of my friends from high school would get together to share/watch/marathon the old stuff while I went away to college D: In college I met other cosplay friends (most of all of them, lol) and got addicted to the lolzPolitics drama in gundam (i'm not big on romance =P) and my addiction became hardcore last spring XD

it's mostly I haven't seen macross. Gundam was the first mecha series I was exposed to and I love it long time <3 I want to split DVD boxsets (like.. zeta.. ;_; ) with them too DX too expensive.. i DO want to see macross though.. since you know... /m/ says Roy Foker > Mwu la Fllaga.. ~.~;

Chibikun~! do garma!!! if by ComicCon I've gotten enough nerve to do Char, I will >3 and I'm trying to trick one of my friends to be Icelina.. ^^;

and along with~ Station

San Diego is a sexy sexy Navy town. and I recently found out it IS INDEED POSSIBLE to take cosplay photos on an aircraft carrier....

as seen in:
http://acparadise.com/agsma/agoes.htm

I do have ID/access to stations and stuff... ^^; and I have a car/ride)

there's also maritime and aerospace musem in balboa.. I say we need to eventually plan a nice photoshoot sometimesomewhere~~! I've wanted to do one for a while, but i'm still a bit shy about being a single cosplayer out in a public shoot.... ^^; esp any military setting... but in a group it'd be much much easier... and with the standard excuse.. "This is for an art project" XD

Either way, i need to get you guys on AIM ^^; I'm only in SD for summer for another week so I'm not proposing a meet or anything, unless you guys wanna just hang out downtown/at a mall somewhere XD

Loran Cehack
09-15-2006, 02:39 PM
/m/ says Roy Foker > Mwu la Fllaga.. ~.~;
Actually, EVERYONE says Roy Fokker > Mwu La Fllaga.:toothy:

(Seriously, Roy and Max are two of the best characters evar.)

Chibi-kun
09-15-2006, 03:43 PM
my brother is a big macross fan, unfortunately, gundam ate my fanatic for macross and have obviously brained washed me XDDD

jet~ do char! XDDD I'd totally fangirl you lol, I found a zeta cosplayer at AX and had to literally run across the convention hall in a kimono trying to get a photo of him lol.

I'm totally up to do photoshoots in Balboa and in the base, I live near the miramar air base and yeah, it IS totally possible to go inside and get photos, I've seen a pair of Seed cosplayers do it lol, and I remember going there as well when I was in ROTC and abunch of my friends took shameless photos near the aircrafts XD And I've been to the space museum as well in Balboa (ROTC field trip lol)

I'm in mira mesa btw lol.

Station
09-15-2006, 05:03 PM
it's mostly I haven't seen macross. Gundam was the first mecha series I was exposed to and I love it long time <3 I want to split DVD boxsets (like.. zeta.. ;_; ) with them too DX too expensive.. i DO want to see macross though.. since you know... /m/ says Roy Foker > Mwu la Fllaga.. ~.~;I'm a convert to Gundam from Macross. Macross held onto me for years since my childhood, but, like you, the "lolzPolitics drama" of Gundam got hold of me.

My friend, however, won't let go of Macross since he's mainly a tech fan. Gundam mecha just doesn't appeal to him as much. Plus, Roy and Max just can't be topped (Even I agree on that).I've wanted to do one for a while, but i'm still a bit shy about being a single cosplayer out in a public shoot.... ^^; esp any military setting... but in a group it'd be much much easier... and with the standard excuse.. "This is for an art project" XDMy friends and I have walked around in Chinese suits and Star Trek uniforms in our home town on the main street. It's pretty funny. I hope I can get a picture of my friends and I as Titans in front of the marine base over here whenever we make the suits.Either way, i need to get you guys on AIM ^^;I think I already added you to my AIM friend's list a few days ago, but haven't seen you on. My AIM should be in my profile too.

Loran Cehack
09-15-2006, 06:29 PM
I think I already added you to my AIM friend's list a few days ago, but haven't seen you on. My AIM should be in my profile too.
Yeah, I added Jet to AIM, too, about six months ago, and haven't seen her on once...

Station
09-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I added Jet to AIM, too, about six months ago, and haven't seen her on once...
Speaking of AIM names, is your first name Zack?

EDIT: I can't think of anything clever like that with my name.

Loran Cehack
09-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Speaking of AIM names, is your first name Zack?
Indeed it is! It's a not-so-clever combination of Zack and Zaku that I came up with four years ago...

GreatSG
09-15-2006, 09:47 PM
I figure I might as well give the run down for the Otakon 2007 Zeon Rally i've got going. Basically a friend and I decided two Otakons ago that we wanted to do a Zeon gathering and i'm sick of only seeing Wing and Seed cosplay (know me long enough and you'll see my hate for those shows runs deep XD) We'll probably at the fountains were we all stand together and some people give thier rants, all Giren style. If thinks go our way, we should have about four or five people so far, myself, two friends (who i'll probably be comissioning uniforms for as random 0079 era Zeon soldiers, Loran's hopefully joining us as Neo-Zeon's Gremmy and i'm sure Hanyaan will be in tow as Haman Karn.

Basically the groups open to anyone, whether you want to be a Zeon character, like one of the Zabi's, Char, Anaval Gato, Dalaz, Bernie, etc. It's open to ever wants to join in on the fun of representing the glorious Side 3. So it should definitely be a fun photoshoot. I'm also hoping to make either a large banner or flag for someone to carry around as well. So yeah, if anyone is interested, that'd be great XD

jetspectacular
09-15-2006, 11:02 PM
Ok just for everyone saying Mwu pales in comparison...

I'm not signing on today.

Placate to the Mwu fangirl in me, and I'll consider it...

Chibikun's in the clear though XD

Station
09-16-2006, 07:29 PM
Ok just for everyone saying Mwu pales in comparison...
I don't think Mwu pales in comparisson, just that Max Jenius is more of my favorite "top gun" type pilot.

Actually, they are both pretty fancy flyers.

Cagalli Kasshu
09-16-2006, 11:19 PM
u.u i'm jealous of all of you u.u
i want ONLY three or four people to go into a decent UC cosplay group u.u

*plays alone on her corner*

jetspectacular
09-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Otakon... *snifflesfiffle* I really wanna go...

Cagalli_Orb D: ??? *sends you love*

DrugLordKai
09-23-2006, 03:18 AM
*arrives fashionably late* (... ...which is really just a nice way of saying I've kept missing on posting here...my bad)

As it stands, for Gundam groups, definitely in on the Turn A group for Anime Boston (...although I still need to make some calls/estimates on the Militia outfit, but hey)

Hopefully can make it to Otakon as well (hopefully for further modification of the Bright uniform...in retrospect, I'd call it work in progress since I still want to try and work on the little tweaks (command tabs, actual boots, etc)

From there...depends on timing and funds available...

In either case, still great to see this many people so far (same response felt back at AB this year...for the longest time it was hard to find UC fans in the US, my thanks to the lot of you for helping a cynic.)

AkinaSumora
09-23-2006, 08:51 PM
I have also heard tell that there will be a Gundam Wing vs. Gundam Seed skit at the Anime Boston '07 Masquerade. If it goes off without a hitch, I'll be in it as Lacus Clyne!

Loran Cehack
09-24-2006, 09:05 PM
In either case, still great to see this many people so far (same response felt back at AB this year...for the longest time it was hard to find UC fans in the US, my thanks to the lot of you for helping a cynic.)
Yeah man... it's a shame how much the AC/CE fans outnumber the UC fans... ah, well...

jetspectacular
09-25-2006, 05:24 AM

eh, blame it on exposure? Besides... most people who are naturally diggin' UC gundam are an older generation... I have nothing against Seed and Wing cosplay either, since I love characters and designs from almost every series XD but it's also trendy c'mon~~~ *hides two seed costumes* and there's always someone to be in a group with... just bribe friends..!!

druglordkai you're the same handle on /m/ aren't you?? XD So that makes Loran, station, me, you..

ho hum...

oh yah and hanyaan popped in once!

AkinaSumora:
I have also heard tell that there will be a Gundam Wing vs. Gundam Seed skit at the Anime Boston '07 Masquerade. If it goes off without a hitch, I'll be in it as Lacus Clyne!

cool XD there's a whole usergroup/subforum just for Seed cosplay if you're interested :3 there's lots of other lacus cosplayers and organizing for different cons~ you should check it out too most of us are in the usergroup as well~ (it's in you're control panel ^^)

DrugLordKai
09-25-2006, 03:24 PM
eh, blame it on exposure? Besides... most people who are naturally diggin' UC gundam are an older generation... I have nothing against Seed and Wing cosplay either, since I love characters and designs from almost every series XD but it's also trendy c'mon~~~ *hides two seed costumes* and there's always someone to be in a group with... just bribe friends..!!

druglordkai you're the same handle on /m/ aren't you?? XD So that makes Loran, station, me, you..

Hey, not gonna judge on SEED cosplay (...Lord knows been tempted to pull off either Lowe Gule or (if I could find a good way to hand the skin-tone) Ed the Ripper...the universe has its plusses...)\

As for /m/ yep, guilty as charged (kind of funny to realize on joke from Zeta years ago would last this long for me, but hey)

Loran Cehack
09-26-2006, 10:21 PM
eh, blame it on exposure? Besides... most people who are naturally diggin' UC gundam are an older generation...
Then how come I'm younger than almost everyone in the UC, CE, and AC cosplay fandoms/fandoms?:bigtu:

jetspectacular
09-27-2006, 10:32 AM
most =P

christ you're young XD

Cagalli Kasshu
09-27-2006, 06:10 PM
i'm decided. I will do my FIRST crossplay ;_;
I chosed... Domon Kasshu ;_;... but i need to wait till winter... here's SPRING xD, and i will get roasted if i do it now or in the next 6 months

also, i'll do a female version of Duo Maxwell *o* for this summer ^^

so... i'll go alone u_u

jetspectacular
10-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Be hardcore! screw the weather! heeheeheee... Yay DOMON!!! and oooh.. female Duo...? I wish you were here/I was there!! My first gundam cosplay ever was Hilde..! (halloween at school)

ah.. lessee.. trying to keep this thread on the front page... ^^; I finished my AEUG Uniform!! (in my gallery) Pretty much finished... X3 I wanna wear it to school and punch the first person that corrects me!!

Surprisingly, the trickiest part was the belt that attatches to the bottom of the jacket.. I think I should have used interfacing in the white shoulder part... the only thing I hate about it is how limp the collar part is ^^; Oh and the pants.. the waistline goes to above my bellybutton..!!!! If I put my arms over my head, i have no waist at all!!! XD

I also have no time to get a custom sized jacket zipper for it >__>; so I used velcro instead, heehee.. strange thing, it's the same basic coat pattern I used for ZAFT uniform. Maybe I can do all my spacenoid uniforms from the same pattern.... O.o

Rinslet~
10-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Cagalli at Canal's house: waaaaaaaa i want your haroshiki *o*

jetspectacular
10-03-2006, 10:07 PM
heehee.. everything looks cooler with Quattro sunglasses..

and Hyaku stickers XD

Cagalli Kasshu
10-04-2006, 04:01 PM
yeaaah
btw... i want to see a good Quattro cosplayer (badly)... someone haves pics of any?

jetspectacular
10-05-2006, 10:31 AM
there was one at AX last summer here! :3

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b146/jetnessaffection/photophoto/axmecha/uc3.jpg

Volnixshin
10-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Who ever those kid is that was Gold Frame Amatu, dude, I salute you.

Cagalli Kasshu
10-05-2006, 09:04 PM
good quattro, but that's not enough for my quattro-ness xD

Station
10-07-2006, 05:35 AM
Here's some more pictures with my camera of the same person that Jet posted:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l112/Stationsig/IMG_1400_resize.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l112/Stationsig/IMG_1415_resize.jpg

Loran Cehack
11-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Who ever those kid is that was Gold Frame Amatu, dude, I salute you.
Would that be me? XD Cuz I remember getting a picture taken holding that model when I was cosplaying Yzak at Otakon...

jetspectacular
12-12-2006, 04:57 PM
ba-ba-ba-buump XD

Chibi, Station, and any other UC cosplayers in the san diego area, I was wondering if you guys would like to hang out or just meet up or something? I'm planning a visit to the Aerospace museum during winter break with a bunch of friends (the same macross friends I spoke about) date is tentatively thurs. 21st and time is after noon, since the museum's closed after work hours. I was wondering if any of you guys would like to come with?

not a cosplay thing or anything like that, just a chance to chill and meet I guess, of course bring your friends along too if you can/want? I need to hit the maritime and Ruben H. soon as well XD; suddenly i'm remembering that San Diego has all these great museums...

hit me up in aim, PM, or reply if anyone's up for it??

Loran Cehack
04-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, seeing as the con season is now upon us, does anyone have any new Gundam cosplays planned?

ShinobiScott
07-19-2007, 07:33 PM
ba-ba-ba-buump XD

Chibi, Station, and any other UC cosplayers in the san diego area, I was wondering if you guys would like to hang out or just meet up or something? I'm planning a visit to the Aerospace museum during winter break with a bunch of friends (the same macross friends I spoke about) date is tentatively thurs. 21st and time is after noon, since the museum's closed after work hours. I was wondering if any of you guys would like to come with?

not a cosplay thing or anything like that, just a chance to chill and meet I guess, of course bring your friends along too if you can/want? I need to hit the maritime and Ruben H. soon as well XD; suddenly i'm remembering that San Diego has all these great museums...

hit me up in aim, PM, or reply if anyone's up for it??

Darn, a little too late for me I'll be in Japan starting August 14th. By the way weren't you supposed to come down for Comicon also? Station wants to bbq in front of his house during comicon since we literally live across the bay from Downtown SD.

I was planning to get one more cosplay out of my system at Comicon07 before I go to Japan. I hope I can fly back for next year's AX (if its not at the LACC).

Tifa on a Cloud
07-19-2007, 08:53 PM
I figure I might as well give the run down for the Otakon 2007 Zeon Rally i've got going........

Sounds like it's in the same spirit as when a friend and I sort of crashed the Gundam SEED gathering at ALA 07 with two Zeon flags, and salutes of "Sieg Zeon!". We got a vaguely positive and amused reaction. Good luck to you.

Seeing as it's not been mentioned, and almost upon us, I might as well put forth word of our planned Zeonic Party at Con-X-Treme. Basically, we're hosting a room on the party floor, with Zeon decorations (namely flags, and hopefully some custom invasion force banners), a bar with Principality renamed drinks, live DJ, and MS igLoo based uniforms. Basically, it's loosely based as a sort of victory celebration of the capture of North America in mid-0079 (had Con-X-Treme taken place in March like planned, it would have perfectly coincided with the fall of California Base). It's our first attempt at any such thing, so hopefully it goes smoothly. I'd love to have some sort of Gundam Vs. Zeta Gundam or Encounters in Space tournament or freeplay, or maybe gust some Gundam in the background, but that's sort of in limbo at the moment. Still, as long as it doesn't suck or all hell breaks loose, in should be fun.