PDA

View Full Version : question for the AS fans...

Ayaka
08-10-2002, 03:03 AM
I'm putting this in general because . . . well it's a random, rather stupid question. :P I started reading the Angel Sanctuary manga about a year ago . . . to be honest, I didn't like it. I didn't hate it, but I was creeped out by it, I guess. oo;;; I only got it in the first place because I saw some postcards, was blown away by the art, and knew my best friend would adore it so I was being intrepid and seeing whether she'd like the story. lol I didn't want to be responsible for making her read "that angel incest comic" if it wasn't going to have things she'd like. Um, but I stopped reading it, until like this week when I picked it up again . . . and suddenly I love it! oO;;; One of the many great mysteries of the universe, I suppose, how I had that turnaround.

Anyway it's my nature to want to cosplay series I like, lol. So I want to add someone to my "to cosplay" list. Considering how into the series I am at the moment I think it'll be sooner, not later. But I have no idea who to do. So, um, I'd appreciate if anyone has suggestions . . . I don't *look* like any of the characters, I don't think . . . but since I like rooting for the underdogs, is there anyone you guys think is really undercosplayed?

Sorry for asking a silly question and rambling . . . ^^;;;;;

Rosiel
08-10-2002, 07:26 AM
AS... LOL ironically this acronym works for two of my fave series, Arslan Senki and Angel Sanctuary!

Well if you ever want to do AS, you're invited to join my group at any con we go to. ^______^ The more the merrier!

Undercosplayed? I.e. things I never saw...

KATOU! A good detailed Katou...
Any Satan other than Mad Hatter...
Moonlil and Metatron's other attendants.
Adam Kadamon. (although a friend of mine is working on this)
Dubiel, Sariel and other angels in uniform.
Ruri
Kirie
Babiel

(I'm sticking to white-skinned characters here because I bet you don't want to do into body painting LOL)

In the "not often cosplayed".

A GOOD Lucifer (Justin was the only good one I saw, Kham is working on one though).
Zaphkiel (I've never see his flashback "bad boy" version)
Sevothart

As a side note, a Zaphkiel/Anael group would seriously rock.

That's all that comes to mind right now... I better clean my pigstye before Lexi arrives for the photoshoot. And my costume is all wrinkled! ACK!

IM me if you want to talk about it further!

*runs off*

shiroi_yukiko
08-10-2002, 11:39 AM
I'm going to have to definitely agree with Rosiel on all of those, but especially the Katou. I always want my friends to cosplay as Katou, but none of them ever want to! *sob* And now that our AS outfits for next year are up in the air, who knowssssss! *cough* But anyway...

Ayaka
08-10-2002, 04:00 PM
lol . . . Sorry, Rosiel, that should have occurred to me. Minor confusion potential. Hahah though I'm gonna cosplay Locke (Amano version) from FF3/6, he and Guibu have some stuff in common, lol. Head scarves! Whoo!

I was thinking I look at a lot of cosplay pics, and I would have noticed if there were many people doing Sevothart . . . Hmm, hmm, lots of ideas. I shall go off and research, and then return to bug you more. XD

Rosiel
08-10-2002, 08:11 PM
> then return to bug you more.

Bug me as much as you want, and, hey, feel free to IM me too!
=) We can talk AS and AS. LOL

jen_kat
08-10-2002, 09:54 PM
what are the undercosplayed that DO delve into body painting?

Yggdrasil Pie
08-10-2002, 10:11 PM
One day...I wanna do an AS cosplay...are the costumes there really hard to make? o_O

Ayaka
08-10-2002, 11:23 PM
Well, Kurai and Arakune, for one, yes? (Body painting. Unless you had dark skin to start with. ^^)

Waterempress - No, actually, some of 'em would be easy . . . you know, just school uniforms. Getting yourself recognized would be harder. ^^ My unexperienced opinion, anyway.

Rosiel - When are you online? I don't want to like, bug you when you're trying to go to bed, lol.

Yggdrasil Pie
08-11-2002, 02:10 AM
Oh yay! I dunno, the costume I wanna do seems...so...complicated... ^^;;;

*hopes to do Jibrille* ^^;;;

Rosiel
08-11-2002, 10:32 AM
> One day...I wanna do an AS cosplay...are the costumes there really hard to make? o_O

Well my stance on it is the following... some of the costumes are "easy" (like say Setsuna in everyday clothes) but don't really count as a costume unless you're in a group that will give people a clue as to what you are.

Most of the costumes are not as easy as they look, and most characters have very complex outfits. What irks me is how AS became "Oh I'll just dress goth and buy a pair of wings at Hot Topic" and ended up, sorry to say, mostly crap-cosplayed.

So I would say, even if you make a simple one, take the time to make it accurate. Dressing up in black with white face-makeup and a teardrop does not a Mad Hatter make.

Or, pick a complicated one you really like, and take it slow, picking it apart is small manageable chunks, and work your way to a full costume. Everyone can make a complicated costume if they go at it gradually! =)

Although if I were you I would not do Jibrille. Or do one of her lesser-cosplayed outfits. There were at least a half dozen Jibrilles at Otakon. ^___^

Rosiel
08-11-2002, 10:33 AM
> Well, Kurai and Arakune, for one, yes? (Body painting. Unless you had dark skin to start with. ^^)

Artbook Alexiel with the patterns on her body.. some of the Dragons (I do believe). Baal if I remember correctly.

There are a lot of characters with face paintings...

> Rosiel - When are you online? I don't want to like, bug you when you're trying to go to bed, lol.

I live online. LOL So when you see me just IM, if I'm on my way to bed, I will tell you! =)

Yggdrasil Pie
08-11-2002, 02:04 PM
Wow...dozens...I didn't know there were so many Jibrille cosplayers...^^;;;;

Ayaka
08-11-2002, 03:19 PM
Yah, I've seen a lot of Jibrilles (yes, prior to the manga reading, I could recognize Alexiel, Rosiel, and Jibrille, lol). And I've seen some rather sad looking Mad Hatters. XD

I'm not terribly afraid of body paint, just an issue if it's too complex, since I think my pattern of con-going sans friends to drag into helping me get into costume will continue indefinitely, lol. Ah, btw, I just read volume 5 last night . . . ooh. Katou is cool!

Okay, lol, I'll try and get my own butt online so I can IM you. ^^

Koumori
08-13-2002, 09:21 PM
Many very sad Hatters out there, though I still think that if I ran across somebody who was really careful about manga-fidelity and enjoyed getting into character, it could still be done well. There is something very disconcerting about a Mad Hatter running up to you and glomping you out of nowhere. (Actually that may be just me and my glomp-aversion, but STILL. Nightmares. Nightmares, I have.)

I'd like to see a good Lucifer/Kira, but that's a tough one to pull off unless you actually bear a strong resemblance to the manga. And, alas, there aren't a lot of people out there who do.

Cait
08-13-2002, 09:53 PM
The way it was told to me was that Mad Hatter is actually a damn difficult cosplay because he/she/it just won't stop changing clothes/make-up/wings in the manga... But, I'm not sure of that because, alas, those whom I know that have AS tapes/manga won't let me near them because those tapes/manga are more precious to them than life itself. -_-'

Ayaka
08-14-2002, 12:00 AM
Kira/Lucifer is awesome . . . but . . . resemblance? oO;;; Err. Dang. Not that I look like ANY of the AS characters, but I like Kira too much to butcher him . . . heheh I might cave though . . .