PDA

View Full Version : In search of a room/roommates...

rabidfanboy
09-15-2006, 12:04 AM
I'm flying solo this con, so I'm looking for a room to bunk in. If you're in need of a roommate to help split the cost look no further. ^^

I'm 24, male and a cosplayer. Looking for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights or even just Friday and Saturday nights. Will take floor space as I don't mind sleeping on the floor (have done so at the past two conventions.)

Not really looking for a cramped room (prefer around four people) or one that is filled with minors, so if you think you can help me out please let me know.

Eared Inu Yasha
09-15-2006, 03:50 AM
Lol you sound like a commercial! Will you bring baked goods as an added bonus if we act now?

Lady Saea
09-15-2006, 02:04 PM
We have 4 confirmed and 4 possibles in our room currently for thursday night, friday night and saturday night. If you're still interested, toss me a PM or an IM at AmanoSephiroth. Some people you might know in our room: PockyFairy, SchizoIori, Uchiha something (Crystal) and possibly Kissmedeadly, Astillar and CaptainCid.

Digital Blush
09-15-2006, 04:14 PM
We have 4 confirmed and 4 possibles in our room currently for thursday night, friday night and saturday night. If you're still interested, toss me a PM or an IM at AmanoSephiroth. Some people you might know in our room: PockyFairy, SchizoIori, Uchiha something (Crystal) and possibly Kissmedeadly, Astillar and CaptainCid.

xD.. its just uchiha. :crystal:

PockyFairy
09-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Rabidfanboy should definatly stay in our room. /nod

astillar
09-15-2006, 05:29 PM
I think the only rule for that room is: you have to cosplay something from the FF universe. Just so you know . . .
I'm keeping mine secret until I know for sure that I can make it.

SchizoIori
09-15-2006, 06:13 PM
I think the only rule for that room is: you have to cosplay something from the FF universe. Just so you know . . .
I'm keeping mine secret until I know for sure that I can make it.

Lol, not necessarily FF universe, but square yes. XD Because our room is awesome like that.

Oh you can contact me too if you want infor since the room is in my name.

Amaya De'Morte
09-16-2006, 05:54 AM
Okay.....this is actually PockyFairy....over at Amaya's and don't feel like loggin to my name.
but -
wow....yeah I just realized almost everyonein the room is gna be a square product. Hmmmm. *gets an idea and scribbles it down* >.>

Koda89
09-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Awwww............I won't have a Square outfit........looks like I'm automatically DQed from your room.....T_T *walks away*

SchizoIori
09-16-2006, 02:13 PM
We're all square geeks.

rabidfanboy
09-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks for giving me the heads up on the room Jonobi. :bigtu: I've talked to SchizoIori and looks like I'll be rooming with you guys.

Saejima
09-17-2006, 02:10 AM
Me and my girlfreind Arei are one of the Bleach Cosplayers looking for a room to If you know anybody looking for a room letme know.

EverEvolvingGrl
09-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Ohhhh someone beat me to it >.<
I'm looking for a room also, my friend might be able to make it but I'm looking for a place for one girl cosplayer, one boy gamer and one boy con n00b, we are all adults and very very very awesome.
If anyone is looking for some people to split with and/or people from the Austin area, please contact meeeee!
Thank you.

Saejima
09-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Well I'm going as Vincent Valentine of the Turks does that count and my girlfriend is doing a female Cid Yes I am a hard core Square fan

EverEvolvingGrl
09-20-2006, 11:36 PM
I wanted to know if there is anyone else who needs a room! PLEASE let me know! PM me ASAP.

Hedgehogey
09-21-2006, 01:27 AM
Hey C-

I could definetely use a room.

LyddieGal
09-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Hey, does anyone still have space in there room? Myself and a friend are looking for a place to stay for at least friday and saturday night. I'm 20 and my friend is a male 17 year old. We both cosplay and have decided to attend this con very last minute. The floor is quite alright!

SolarVortex
09-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Ah man, I so have to come to your guys's room... to visit! All my fav. Cosplay.com Cosplayers are in that room!!!

I love you, Uchiha and Astiller!! <3

SchizoIori
09-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Ah man, I so have to come to your guys's room... to visit! All my fav. Cosplay.com Cosplayers are in that room!!!

Yes you can come visit. We love hanging out with all kinds of people. ^_^

Oh and BTW The square-geeks room is full so I'm really sorry, I can't add anymore people, but we can leave this thread open to see if people needing a room and people willing to give a room can kinda meet up.

Koda89
09-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Yes you can come visit. We love hanging out with all kinds of people. ^_^

Oh and BTW The square-geeks room is full so I'm really sorry, I can't add anymore people, but we can leave this thread open to see if people needing a room and people willing to give a room can kinda meet up.

Aww......I still need a "backup" room incase the 10th Division's Adopt a Cosplayer thing goes under/gets full....>_>

astillar
09-25-2006, 08:02 PM

What can I say? All of us cool, smart, sexy cosplayers are . . . broke, so we need to save munies by cramming into one room. I'm delighted I get to be in the same room as the ONLY Valley cosplayer I know of. RGV in the house!
I wish you the best of luck getting to Oni-con, SV. I would say I'll keep an eye out for you at the con, but I'll probably hear you coming before I see you, ya bunch of noisy bastards. ;)

SolarVortex
09-25-2006, 09:18 PM
I have my Oni-Con room already. My car is a full 5 person Load!! And we have a shipment of 10 others!! Haha, so indeed, you will certaintly be hearing us coming long before you see me. =) Closer to the con I will drop you my line again so I can get your hotel room to visit.

Kurisuti-n1689
09-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Me and my friend have our room so YAY for us!

LyddieGal
09-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Me and my friend have our room so YAY for us!
and are you looking for some more roommates?

Digital Blush
09-26-2006, 10:12 PM
i'm glad to have some kind of love? lol i cant wait to see you again either SolarVortex its been like two years O_O OMGS .hackers for the win.

btw, Cindi how many people are in our room now XD jeez we're gonna all die! i need to know if i need to bring a sleeping bag or something XD send me a message.

Lady Saea
09-26-2006, 10:45 PM
lol We have 6 confirmed and only 1 other possibility. so it will remain around the 6-7 range. Price is about 48-56 bucks for the weekend. ^.^ See ya there, Crystal!

Kurisuti-n1689
09-26-2006, 10:53 PM
and are you looking for some more roommates? Well I just asked my friend (he's the one who got the hotel and whatnot) and he said no more ppl in our room...sorry :/

Koda89
09-26-2006, 11:18 PM
lol We have 6 confirmed and only 1 other possibility. so it will remain around the 6-7 range. Price is about 48-56 bucks for the weekend. ^.^ See ya there, Crystal!

48-56?! That's pretty cheap, imo....then again, my opinion of cheap con rooms is null and void. Why? Well....

At A-Kon, a friend of my club pres jokingly flirted with a gay man working at the con, and the man hooked us up with two free rooms!

At AnimeFEST, everyone staying in the room had to pay $40, but I only had to pay $20 because I missed the first night there.

So ya...I've got to stay at cons for cheap....>_>

If only I could squeeze in w/ all of you.....T_T

....fine....I'll just sleep in Hueco Mundo......:bigcry:

SchizoIori
09-27-2006, 09:45 AM
i'm glad to have some kind of love? lol i cant wait to see you again either SolarVortex its been like two years O_O OMGS .hackers for the win.

btw, Cindi how many people are in our room now XD jeez we're gonna all die! i need to know if i need to bring a sleeping bag or something XD send me a message.

Yea, not too many people and it's just as jonobi said. I'll give you exact price today maybe?

Pharaoh Atem
09-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Worse to worse, if people who are looking for a room can't find a room, you can be GENIUS like this one Squall cosplayer.

We all played VIII (SPOILERS), and we all remember that scene where Squall has the the Ice spikes like plunged through his chest.

At KamikazeCon. . . I kept seeing a Squall cosplayer set himself up to look dead, with blood and spikes. . .and then just sleep there for hours.

Totally not safe, wise, or even allowed?
But totally genius for a guy without a room. xD

SolarVortex
09-27-2006, 09:35 PM
I *might* be looking for an additional roomie or two. I have had problems with -one- cosplay.com person in my room before... And the whole affair ruined my very expensive A-Kon about two years ago.. I have been really -worried- to attempt to offer spots to anyone else.
I would just rather a room alone then go through that again.

LyddieGal
09-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Well, I just decided to go and book a room even though it's more money than i was hoping to spend, but at least now i have a room!

Koda89
09-27-2006, 11:04 PM
I *might* be looking for an additional roomie or two. I have had problems with -one- cosplay.com person in my room before... And the whole affair ruined my very expensive A-Kon about two years ago.. I have been really -worried- to attempt to offer spots to anyone else.
I would just rather a room alone then go through that again.

Aw.....Solar.....I wouldn't dare ruin anyone's fun time.....I go to cons to HAVE fun, not ruin it! I was raised too nice to try and ruin anything. Besides, you can trust Aizen, right? :devil: Right? :lost: Shut up you! *kills liar* :angel2:

SolarVortex
09-30-2006, 01:23 AM
Hhee... I might be willing to give it a try again... Murf.

Just anyone who HASN"T found a room By the week before OniCon- MESSAGE me.

Disclaimer:
My group is a rough, loug, anxious group of LARPers.. Most aren't cosplayers... infact, most don't really watch anime.. infact they call every cosplayer 'Squirtel' as a running joke. I managed to get called Link with my Tsukasa with them =P so anyone staying in my room will have to be aware of this. Oh, and we are drinkers. Smoking will not be allowed in my room though.

Koda89
09-30-2006, 01:42 AM
Hhee... I might be willing to give it a try again... Murf.

Just anyone who HASN"T found a room By the week before OniCon- MESSAGE me.

Disclaimer:
My group is a rough, loug, anxious group of LARPers.. Most aren't cosplayers... infact, most don't really watch anime.. infact they call every cosplayer 'Squirtel' as a running joke. I managed to get called Link with my Tsukasa with them =P so anyone staying in my room will have to be aware of this. Oh, and we are drinkers. Smoking will not be allowed in my room though.

I'm ok with that.....I've dealt with LARPers, AND loud, rough, anxious people before(half of my anime club), and I knows tons of people who drink. I'm straight edge(don't drink/smoke), but I don't discriminate against those who do....ok, so I am not 100% straight edge.....kick back a few wine coolers at Thanksgiving.....>_>

Infact....I think that since I survived the group of people(my own friends) that I roomed with at A-FEST(3 out of the 7 were a-holes for the better part of the con, one guy snored loudly, and cause of the first 3, there was a bit of shouting going on), I can survive any group. I'll add you to my potential room list.

SolarVortex
09-30-2006, 02:02 AM
Oh, my addional Disclaimer, : I'm a fun, really easy going, high energy person... during the day.

When Its time to go to bed, its time to go to bed. I don't like noise nor lights when I want to sleep. =P So mt group of friends that end up staying in my room are pretty much the same way. Everyone shuts up when I curl into bed. =P Not trying to scare you off, haha, sorry. Just laying the facts as they are.. the cold hard bitch of a truth.

Koda89
09-30-2006, 02:07 AM
Oh, my addional Disclaimer, : I'm a fun, really easy going, high energy person... during the day.

When Its time to go to bed, its time to go to bed. I don't like noise nor lights when I want to sleep. =P So mt group of friends that end up staying in my room are pretty much the same way. Everyone shuts up when I curl into bed. =P Not trying to scare you off, haha, sorry. Just laying the facts as they are.. the cold hard bitch of a truth.

During cons...I usually get to sleep at 10:00 on non-event nights, and on event nights(like Cosplay contest), I go to bed shortly after the event(if it goes past midnight).

EverEvolvingGrl
09-30-2006, 05:10 AM
So Koda you *don't* want to stay in our room? What did we do?? T_T

Koda89
09-30-2006, 12:10 PM
So Koda you *don't* want to stay in our room? What did we do?? T_T

No, I do, you're also on the potential room list. Remember, nothing's set in stone.

Takuya_Havok
10-20-2006, 12:05 PM
o___o I didn't even think about getting a room...crap. Maybe I should start looking for some roommates too. ^_^;

SchizoIori
10-23-2006, 01:39 AM
Rabidfanboy, You are full of win! I'm so glad you roomed with us!

rabidfanboy
10-24-2006, 01:47 PM
(/^_^)/.......(|^_^|).......\(^_^\)

I'm glad I roomed with you guys, too. The room was definitely full of numerous kinds of win that weekend.