PDA

View Full Version : Wigs. wigs and wigs!

Kikoro
03-17-2003, 04:01 PM
If anyone could tell me where i could find a store in toronto that sells wigs i would be forever greatful. Im cosplaying as Integral Hellsing on friday and i need a blond wig. in desperate need here!

yayahan
03-17-2003, 04:09 PM
Have you thought of the internet? Through it, you can usually find much much better deals and a greater variety. I usually pay around 40 - 50 for a wig that I buy locally in a store, but only 20 - 30 when I roam the net ^^. Good places are ebay and witchwigs.com

Kia
03-17-2003, 06:14 PM
Yaya! Wow! You're actually here, on our little section of the board. This is such a total honour! ^_^
Your points about internet wig companies are very true, they have many more options. The only problem is that for us Canadians there are very few wig sites based in our own country. What's wrong with that? Internet prices are in U.S. funds, which means, that cool $40 wig isn't really that cheap, you'd be looking at *at least* $50, and then there's shipping, boarder crossing, taxes, and arg! So many stupid costs! Your great little deal just went from $40 to $60 or even $70! If you're canadian and can't find the wig you want at a store, then yes, you'll find whatever you need on the net. ^_^
Kikoro, I found this nifty theatre store a couple of blocks north of Gerrard on Young St. I can get this super long wavy wig (for my Luna costume) for around $57. Not bad if you ask me. ^_^ I'm sure that there are other stores, if this one diesn't work for you then look them up in the yellow pages. Hope I could be of some help.
Wow! Yaya was here! ^_^

zoinomiko
03-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Malabar at Queen & McCaul has a pretty good selection. Apparently there's one at College & Younge too, but I've never been there.

Scoti
03-17-2003, 08:30 PM
that's good to know ^ ^. they really should have more online shops in canada all the good stuff is in the US and saldy I don't have a credit card or anyone who would let me use theirs lol

yayahan
03-18-2003, 06:59 AM
Kia, that's such a good point... certain things simply can not be avoided. I really really hope to attend Anime North in the next couple of years, btw. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about it, and have never been to Canada before ^^. If that comes to be, I truly hope to meet all of you.

Chosuke
03-18-2003, 07:07 AM
Wow,it would rock if you came to AN
I always check Angelicstar and faeriegrove to see all your newest outfits,they're beautiful.

If you do come I hope you bring your Chii! I would die to see it up close.

yayahan
03-18-2003, 09:18 AM
*_* thank you, wow! I'd really like to. I've only worn Chii to one convention, I think... It'd be great if I could use it again someday. Whenever I do go, it'll be announced on my website at least, and I'm sure I'll see you guys here as well :3

nyamiko_chan
03-20-2003, 09:06 AM
okay..there's actually people who live in downtown Toronto/..???

Kikoro and zoinomiko where in Toronto...like downtown??
I'm like in the Regent area..lol XD

i gotta check out that wiggy place zoinomiko..thanks..this was a board i was gonna post soon..lol!!

rainetomoe
03-20-2003, 10:18 AM
Yah I've checked out all of your costumes and they are amazing. My faves are the Lulu, Chii, Yuna's wedding dress and the Sharron Apple costumes. I'm a really big fan of Macross Plus and would love to make one of Sharrons costumes for a con. I've always wanted to meet you too. ^_^

Minakolabelle
03-20-2003, 01:34 PM
I don't really know abotu wigs in the To area cause I live in K-Town, ut there is a really nice store in waterloo called Mavis, they have a really nice selection for more reasionaible prices.

If we really want Yaya to come to AN (I sure do) then all we have to do is ask them for her to be a guest next year. IF Yaya's bringing her Chii then I'll have to bring mine ^___^ can't not get in on that photo op right?

One more thing, Yaya is it ok if I PM you and ask you some of the questions that the AN peeps ask us? It'll make it just that much easier to get you as a costumeing guest there.

Minako

zoinomiko
03-20-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by nyamiko_chan
Kikoro and zoinomiko where in Toronto...like downtown??
I'm like in the Regent area..lol XD

I'm in res at UofT, but in another month or so I'll have a house near Bathurst and Bloor. :D

(<3 my house)

Sarcasm-hime
03-20-2003, 04:04 PM
Well I'm on staff, so I'll definitely mention Yaya as a suggestion for cosplay guest next year. It would be so fun! ^_^
Although I don't think we should be bugging the execs about next year right now--they've got enough to worry about for this year! -.-;;

As for wigs, my favourite place in Toronto is R. Hiscott's, which is on Yonge just south of College, on the east side. They have a good selection and are very nice.

Minakolabelle
03-20-2003, 04:40 PM
I wasn't saying to bug them about it this year ^^;; I ment like ask for her next year like when they post to asks us what guests they want for AN 2004. so no one email them about Yaya untill they ask bout guest we'd like to see for AN 2004 okies?

nyamiko_chan
03-21-2003, 05:03 PM
OMG..people in downtown-y T.O..we gotta like meet up and shop for wigs..*sound crazy*

LOL....i'll probally get lost looking for these places and I live here!! ^^

Lafiel
03-21-2003, 08:22 PM
I'm still trying to find places in toronto that styles wigs.
I think I may have found one lady who sells wigs in Dixie Mall (great outlet mall for clothes and costume stuff too) that can style. *Hopefully*

To bad she doesn't sell colored wigs.

I would LOVE to have a place locally I could go down too and see the color before I buy.

Us Toronto Cosplay.com peoples should get together and have our own Canadian Cosplay.com Shoot. (CCS ) :D

I'm such a dork :P

Minakolabelle
03-21-2003, 11:18 PM
what place in dixie sells wigs? Oo I go there all the time

Lafiel
03-21-2003, 11:34 PM
Well its like a little booth near one of the entraces...
But I think they are real hair wigs. The couple short ones I saw were pretty expensive.

I spoke to her and she said she might be able to cut one of my character wigs. *cross fingers*