PDA

View Full Version : Escaflowne Cosplay at Otakon!!!

chrisscrewball
03-17-2003, 07:33 PM
I was thinking, would anyone be interested in having an
Escaflowne photo group at Otakon? I have a Van costume and I
thought it would be really cool if we could assemble the entire
cast. I'm not sure what time would be best, but if anyone has
any feedback that would be awesome.

Romann
03-22-2003, 12:19 AM
Damn! I just noticed this thread... I'm gonna be there as Allena Schezar...now to decided between a blond or black wig. but I'd love to join...hope we get more people!

chrisscrewball
03-22-2003, 01:23 AM
Excellen!! Tell all your friends. It would be awesome if we had everybody.

Kendo_Bunny
03-23-2003, 10:50 PM
I wish i could have my Dilandau costume ready in time! But as I'm going all out (real leather, shed 40 pounds, get contacts so my eyes are bloodshot... etc.) I won't be able to *sobs*
Well, if you're doing a photo shoot, I'll definitely be there to get pictures of all of you (and kidnap any Dilandau's I find...) ^_^

Silly_Kitsune
03-24-2003, 12:00 AM
Naria and Eriya! Wooooo...me and Yuffiebunny XD

Ahh I get so excited over costumes ^o^

TyJILDown
03-24-2003, 10:02 PM
DAMN IT! Knew I should have made time to make my Allen costume before Otakon! Just don't have time to make the costume & sword with the amount of stuff I have to do...

Radical Urd
03-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Well I'm dong Eriya with my friend as Nariya. We're going to be trying to be in the Masquerade. But we're going from the movie so..... Tell me if you guys want to meet to a photo shoot

Romann
03-29-2003, 06:00 PM
Awsome Urd! The more the better! My next project is working on the Allen costume from the Movie...that will be hell...^ ^;

Nekomata
03-30-2003, 01:06 PM
^0^! I wanna join! I'd love to go as Sora from the movie. I'm not sure though ._. I gotta make up my mind on the other costumes 1st then I'll decide if I'd be able to make the Sora costume.

But I'd LOVE to go as her for Otakon ^____^

Silly_Kitsune
03-31-2003, 10:11 PM
Maybe we should post an ad for this group on the seeking cosplayers board? Then more people would see it, which makes a bigger group! Ooh, and I think I can get a movie Van for the group, but I gots to convince XD

Romann
04-03-2003, 08:07 PM
I think we might already have a Van... I'm not sure.. but the more is the better!!! I think I might try to make a Millerna costume for someone that's going this year ^_^ This will be awsome!

chrisscrewball
04-03-2003, 08:20 PM
That would be awesome. Go for it!!!

Romann
04-05-2003, 01:21 AM
Oh yeah, it has been mentioned that there should be some place to meet for a photo shoot...if anyone has an idea, let it be heard ^_^

Widow
04-05-2003, 01:50 AM
^_^ I know this reply is a little late, but I'm actually going to be pulling a Dilandau cosplay for Otakon, and I'll be bringing Shesta with me. Ditto on the real leather, the suede, the heavy, hard armor, and all of that goodness. And we -were- looking for a Van to slap around....

...and for the record, if anyone out there can play a GOOD Dallet or Miguel or Gatti, ect, I'd be happy to help make the costume, including providing detailed directions on how to make all of the armor and the coat, as well as where to purchase all of the proper materials.

You can get ahold of me at Jean@boboki.com if you're interested.

~Cheers!

Romann
04-05-2003, 02:24 AM
That would be great!!! And your reply isn't late at all! It's actually a pleasant surprise ^_^ I hope you can find more dragonslayers as well.

Widow
04-05-2003, 03:08 AM
Just promise me that as Allen, you'll try to keep your lace from...you know...touching me or my little blonde ho. ;)

Nekomata
04-15-2003, 06:30 PM
;__;

I won't be able to go as Sora for Otakon -_-;

1. I don't have the money =\
2. I don't have the time
3. My mom won't let me have more than 3 costumes since she's the one payin for em =\

But definetly next yr.. that is if there is an Escaflowne cosplay group thingy next yr ;___;

I so shorry -____-

Widow
04-15-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Nekomata
;__;

I won't be able to go as Sora for Otakon -_-;

1. I don't have the money =\
2. I don't have the time
3. My mom won't let me have more than 3 costumes since she's the one payin for em =\

But definetly next yr.. that is if there is an Escaflowne cosplay group thingy next yr ;___;

I so shorry -____-

Aw, don't sweat it! I'll definately come as Dilandau to Otakon next year, too, and Shesta will be there, too. ^___^ :heart:

Nekomata
04-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Wee! Yay ^___^;;

I'll be able to start saving money for next yr's Otakon costumes right after this yr's Otakon x_x I'm already plannin who'll I'll cosplay as for next yr^^;

Widow
04-15-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Nekomata
Wee! Yay ^___^;;

I'll be able to start saving money for next yr's Otakon costumes right after this yr's Otakon x_x I'm already plannin who'll I'll cosplay as for next ^^;

Cool! We'll see you then. ^_^

Nekomata
04-15-2003, 07:58 PM
Yay ^___^

You could still see me this yr ^^; Juss not as apart of the esca group ^^

Roxy
04-16-2003, 02:38 AM
Ohhh! You all have to let me know where and when you're gonna be for a photoshoot! Escaflowne is my fave anime of all time!! ^_^

Widow
04-16-2003, 03:06 AM
^__^ We'll be hard to miss! Shesta will be with me, and we'll both be in leather and armor. More than likely, we'll wear our Esca costumes for the majority of Saturday.

Romann
04-18-2003, 04:10 PM
I was planning to wear my costume on Saturday as well. It's the only time I really have open ^_^

Allia
05-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Do you need a Merle? I just made a Merle costume. You can see pics of it in my gallery. I think I will be able to come to this con seeing as it is taking place during the summer.

Romann
05-05-2003, 06:37 PM
That would be great, Allia!!! Welcome to the group! Now if we could only decide on a time and place to meet up... >.>

chrisscrewball
05-06-2003, 07:03 AM
Yeah that's a good call. Does anyone have any suggestions on the time or place?

Silly_Kitsune
06-14-2003, 06:18 PM
*bump*

Is this group still on for Otakon? Anymore Esca cosplayers?
And any recommendations for time/place?

I vote early Sat. morning ^^

chrisscrewball
06-14-2003, 08:59 PM
Early Saturday morning sounds great. Does this conflict with anyone's schedule?

Radical Urd
06-14-2003, 10:54 PM
Early Saturday yesyeesyesssss!!!!!! That is absolutely perfect! so what do we want? 2, 3'oclock? That would be great. No later than 6 for me

Radical Urd
06-14-2003, 10:55 PM
Silly Kit? I thought you said you couldn't do it on Saturday, you said your thing was on Friday?

Romann
06-15-2003, 12:34 AM
Saturday is sounding fine for me ^ ^

Silly_Kitsune
06-15-2003, 09:41 PM
I can wear it Saturday morning, cause wanna hang with the Esca group >:D

Radical Urd
06-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Well okay Saturday mourning around say.... 12? in the lobby? upstairs or downstairs?

Silly_Kitsune
06-16-2003, 08:22 PM
*squint* Can it be earlier than 12? Maybe? If not its fine, I just have a group at 12 ^^;

Or if I could be later...like after 5 or something...^^;; I don't wanna be stuck in Adel for this shoot!

chrisscrewball
06-18-2003, 07:11 AM
Even though it's early, would 10 o'clock on Saturday be okay????

Silly_Kitsune
06-18-2003, 12:13 PM
works for me ^_______^

Silly_Kitsune
06-23-2003, 12:15 PM
*bump* XD

Everyone name what groups you have on Saturday ^^ Then we can figure a time that works for everyone! I have the KH shoot at 12, and a FF8 shoot at 2, but after that, I'm free!

aeva
06-23-2003, 12:38 PM
Dude, if I end up going to Otakon, I will most definately jump in as Merle. X3

amiukeorseme
07-05-2003, 05:03 PM
I'm actually going to be going as Allen Schezar, only I'm doing the movie costume. I haven't seen anyone do him, and since my friend is going as Van from the movie I was all "hey! Why not!" Plus we're gonna try to do the really spiffy sword scene from the movie as well. So I'm really excited.

Heh sorry this reply is really late, i just had to comment XD!

Radical Urd
07-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Well Amiukeorseme (god thats long ^_^;;;;) Are you male or female, becuase if you do movie Allen there's gonna be major glompage going on ^_^. Anywho long live the movie cosplayers!!! I'm working on Eriya as we speak.
My schedule is:
Singles lunch- Satudurday @ 2
King of Fighters- Friday @ 8
Cosplay.com Shoot- Saturday @ 2 (oh my...thats going to be a problem...)
PS Noir Pharrell is frickin dead sexey!! J'you see his video Frontin? When he was all shirtless and sexey!!!

chrisscrewball
07-06-2003, 11:29 AM
So is it going to be 1o o'clock Saturday? I was thinking we could do the fountain area.
If anyone has any problems we should figure it out now cuz it's only a month away.

Romann
07-06-2003, 09:28 PM
It's all good! 1 o'clock is sounding fine to me ^^ Yeah Otakon isn't that far away!

amiukeorseme- Damn you!!! LOL I was planning to do the movie costume sometime ^^ I can't wait to see how it looks! If you are male, hide from me >=) It would be weird to see the TV Allen harassing the movie Allen, wouldn't it??

Urd- Yes....girl... *takes a deep breath* When I saw that video, I was sqealing like crazy....my mom thought I had gone mad or something... HE'S SO HOT!!! *throws him in her closet with Tyrese and Paul Walker* I love the song too, it makes you so relaxed ^^

amiukeorseme
07-06-2003, 09:37 PM
I'm female saddly.. *gigglefit* But I'm all for glompage! My friend Ana says she's going to snog me despite the fact I'm a girl. Yeah, I see so many people doing the TV series and I'm all "Is the movie unloved! ;_;" Who knows, maybe this will start a trend. I'm just confused on how to do his shoulder pad things >_< (might not put them in the costume if I get too mad) But 1 o'clock sounds awesome! ^^;;

chrisscrewball
07-06-2003, 10:39 PM
I apologize. I meant 10 am. I was in a hurry when i posted that.

Radical Urd
07-06-2003, 11:22 PM
Ami- which part? The brown or the blue cause for the brown i'd do crft foam the kind that comes in sheets.
Noir-Giiiirrll!! I am super ultra relaxed to that song, but i squell like a pig when he says "You find yaself trying to do my dance" And he does that little shoulder thing!!! XDDDD!!! And if Jay Z doesn't come out and say he loves Beyonce I'm going to scream.
Chris- 10 sounds major tubular *jots that down*

Romann
07-15-2003, 01:47 PM
Okay, just to make sure everyone can read this and come-forth with any problems...

Escaflowne Group Meeting
10 o'clock -AM-
Fountain Area, Lower level

Search to see if anything might conflicts... You may have given the initial OK, but then might discover somethings up ^^ Thanks

minako chan
07-16-2003, 09:45 PM
I'll wear my movie hitomi costume and stop by if I can^.^

Kendo_Bunny
07-18-2003, 10:23 PM
Well, I finished half of Dilandau: pants, shirt, headband, wig, and a bokken, since I have no manual dexterity and can not make a replica of the sword. So I'm probably going to be him almost the whole weekend.
I'd love to do a DragonSlayer, but I don't think I could do a good one. Besides, I already promised a girl that she could get a picture of me clutching my face and screaming. I know I'll sound horrible for asking, but is his scar the left or right cheek? I have great difficulty telling left from right, and I can never remember which one it's on.... and I really don't want to paint a scar on the wrong cheek O.o I premiered my Dilandau costume at Anime Mid-Atlantic, minus scar... and I've got some pics of it in my gallery.