PDA

View Full Version : Those attending AF 2007

thefinal
09-16-2006, 07:09 PM
This is a thread to help AF get new panels and workshops for 2007!

If you’re interested in a panel please posting saying what exactly it is that you’re interested in hosting and please give me a brief explanation of something beneficial to what you would like to host. Also include if you are more interested in hosting a discussion panel, a workshop/specialty panel, or an event (such as a game show). Once you have supplied the information on the thread, PM me with your email address.

At this current time keep in mind I cannot guarantee you a panel room, this is something decided by the woman in charge and I’m helping her out in doing this and will forward everyone to her (so make sure you’re supplying an active email!).

I have been given questions about the time for panels, I cannot take time requests right now but panels are usually 1 hr long but if it takes you less time than that – that is fine. If you need additional time, additional time can only be added in 30 minute increments. As for requesting a certain day and time, that will come closer to the con and usually what will happen is you’ll list 3 different slots just in case one has been taken.

I’m getting as much info as I can and will provide you with all that I’m allowed to.

If you feel that this information does not ease your confusion, feel free to PM me and we’ll exchange IMs or emails, or if it’s something I can’t answer, I’ll forward you to Suzi to better answer your questions.

Hopefully we will have some new and exciting panels for AF '07 and thank you all so much for your interest ^^;;

Blue_warrior
09-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Hello!
I was Vash the Stampede/Drunk Vash at A-Fest this year. I am a up and coming armour smith/prop builder and artist. I work with wood, leather, and metal and have experience with multiple artist mediums (printmaking, painting, drawing, digital art, sculpture).
Current Cosplay props
-Vash guns (x2 second guns breaks open)-Finished
-Cross Punisher (with opening front to reveal machine gun)-%50 done
-Komamura Saijin Fox head mask (Bleach, 7th captain)-%20 done
Past Projects
-my personal suit of early 15th century armour
-Stage weapons
-Animatronic hand (wood with wire mechanism)
-experiments in armour from multiple time periods

thefinal
09-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Hello!
I was Vash the Stampede/Drunk Vash at A-Fest this year. I am a up and coming armour smith/prop builder and artist. I work with wood, leather, and metal and have experience with multiple artist mediums (printmaking, painting, drawing, digital art, sculpture).
Current Cosplay props
-Vash guns (x2 second guns breaks open)-Finished
-Cross Punisher (with opening front to reveal machine gun)-%50 done
-Komamura Saijin Fox head mask (Bleach, 7th captain)-%20 done
Past Projects
-my personal suit of early 15th century armour
-Stage weapons
-Animatronic hand (wood with wire mechanism)
-experiments in armour from multiple time periods

AWESOME! I have someone else that I personally know that I sent an email to in hopes that he'd be interested in starting a panel, he does prop making as well. So would you be interested in possibly hosting a panel/workshop for next year at AF then? If so, please pm me with your email so I can keep you up to date on what's going on ^^;;

Blue_warrior
09-16-2006, 08:23 PM
Hecks to the Yeah! If he is interested in doing a joint panel on props or something that'd be great! by next year I'll have all kinds of neats stuff to bring lol!
-Bearded Vash-

thefinal
09-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Hecks to the Yeah! If he is interested in doing a joint panel on props or something that'd be great! by next year I'll have all kinds of neats stuff to bring lol!
-Bearded Vash-

Maybe you saw him around. He was red link with a mirror shield and also Prince from Suikoden V

Cat-Chans
09-16-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm rather well versed in the world of Gothic Lolita and Themed Lolita costumes.
For referance I was the Gothic Lolita Ichigo that took a judges award in the cosplay contest.

I've got some pictures of other loli costumes in my gallery, but I don't have any of Ichigo yet.

I'd love to offer my services to Afest either running pannels of Gothic Lolita or holding some events like a tea party.

thefinal
09-16-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm rather well versed in the world of Gothic Lolita and Themed Lolita costumes.
For referance I was the Gothic Lolita Ichigo that took a judges award in the cosplay contest.

I've got some pictures of other loli costumes in my gallery, but I don't have any of Ichigo yet.

I'd love to offer my services to Afest either running pannels of Gothic Lolita or holding some events like a tea party.

Yes, I know the tea party was running for the past 2 years, I'm unsure if it was running this year, but I know it needs some help ><;; Do you mind pm-ing me your email so you can be kept up-to date?

Neeymuffin
09-17-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm fairly talented at modifying clothing. -has no talent for sewing whatsoever-

I was the angel!Aeris that was performing with Rikku at the cosplay (we won best comedy, if that jogs anything).

The jacket I was wearing used to be long-sleeved and a khaki color, so I cut the sleeves, dyed it red, and then used posterboard and tinfoil (the worst mistake of my life Dx) for the cuffs.

But I am learning how to sew, and I could probably help someone find modifiable (if, y'know, that's even a word) clothing pieces for costumes. ^^

potatoplanet
09-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Well, I'm a good sewer *I can do very intricate designs on any sort of cloth and use the sewing machine*. I design a lot of my clothes, and want to start making them soon.

I was Rikku *the one who won the Best Comedy Contest*.

I really prefer to hand-sew though, which means that, if I'm not too lazy, I'll do all those crazy designs on the crazy weird costumes ya'll are doing. ^-^

I'm into scupture and art, so weapons are really easy for me *it's just that Rikku really had any weapons except for that really amazingly hard arm thing*.

Oh oh oh! I like to style wigs too. xDDD

Talk to me if anyone needs help with stylings and intricate designs. ;D

thefinal
09-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Oh oh oh! I like to style wigs too. xDDD

Talk to me if anyone needs help with stylings and intricate designs. ;D

Would you possibly be interested then in maybe working a panel/workshop to give people useful tips and what not?

thefinal
09-17-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm fairly talented at modifying clothing. -has no talent for sewing whatsoever-

I was the angel!Aeris that was performing with Rikku at the cosplay (we won best comedy, if that jogs anything).

The jacket I was wearing used to be long-sleeved and a khaki color, so I cut the sleeves, dyed it red, and then used posterboard and tinfoil (the worst mistake of my life Dx) for the cuffs.

But I am learning how to sew, and I could probably help someone find modifiable (if, y'know, that's even a word) clothing pieces for costumes. ^^

Hmmm, I still need to find someone to help with one of the cosplay panels/workshops, so maybe you can give people tips on where to go and ideas on what to do? Do you think you'd be interested in this?

Neeymuffin
09-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Hmmm, I still need to find someone to help with one of the cosplay panels/workshops, so maybe you can give people tips on where to go and ideas on what to do? Do you think you'd be interested in this?

That'd be excellent! ^^ Tell me where and when, and I'll definitely show up.

thefinal
09-17-2006, 09:19 PM
That'd be excellent! ^^ Tell me where and when, and I'll definitely show up.

Well it'd be next year at AF 2007. If you can please, pm me your email, so I can mark you down as a possibility...right now I'm just trying to see about recruiting people ^^;;

Neeymuffin
09-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Well it'd be next year at AF 2007. If you can please, pm me your email, so I can mark you down as a possibility...right now I'm just trying to see about recruiting people ^^;;

Okay! You have my e-mail. ^^ Good luck with recruiting people.

potatoplanet
09-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Would you possibly be interested then in maybe working a panel/workshop to give people useful tips and what not?

Yeah, sure. No problem. I'd definently go! xD

thefinal
09-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Yeah, sure. No problem. I'd definently go! xD

would you mind pm-ing me your email? and which panel(s)/workshop(s) you'd be willing host?

MintyFreshNinja
09-22-2006, 04:29 PM
WOW! u guys look very talented. do you have any suggestions on how to go about making this design easy(er)?:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/windwaker818/M0000001125.jpg

i would like to make it myself. (no talents whatsoever at this point) I'd be lucky if i could muster this up in time for ax 07. or maybe af next year.
ur thoughts?

love,
mintyfreshninja :crest:

VoOdOoAustin
05-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Hello there!
Austin from VoOdOo Cosplay here and we (3 of us) are versed in costume design from prelim, to materials, to production, to wearable. We have worked on costumes for many years, but this is our first year to get really into anime and manga. Previously we had done some armoring and costume design for halloween, RenFest, and a local non-profit spook walk we put on every year (extensive makeup technique and design on a budget here).
We have worked with such materials as bondo, plaster, clay, silicone, latex, feathers, leather, faux leather, metal, jewelry making, foamcore board, foam, and have moderate abilities in sewing, both by hand and machine.
We have been known to use odd alternate materials and know how to work with a budget.
We would be more than happy to host a beginners panel or a materials panel.
Just let me know by PM some more info and I would be more than happy to send over a portfolio!

thefinal
05-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Awesome! I will be sure to keep you as a contact :) We will probably start rolling the ball on this after A-kon

ChibiBritt
05-05-2007, 12:51 PM
It's not cosplay related...but I believe Mu Epsilon Kappa is interested in hosting the How-To of Anime Clubs panel again this year. We are also planning to actually have a booth in the bazaar as well.

I sent a message to Sweet Tea, the North Texas Lolita group, letting them know you were looking for panelists. The person who runs it also runs other panels such as Cosplay on a Budget.

PirateKitty
05-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey there- I'm the aforementioned rep of Sweet Tea.

Some of the panels we've done for A-kon and All-con in the past are:
Cosplay/EGL on a Budget
Themed Lolita creation
Iron Lolita competition
Beaded crown workshop
How to throw a Tea Party
Victorian Manners
Do's and Don'ts of EGL (This year at A-kon)
Casual EGL Fashion (Also this year)
as well as Tea Parties themselves at A-kon and and All-con

I'd say our "expertise" mainly pertains to working on limited budgets and using ingenuity to get qualitiy results in cosplay etc, as well as "thinking out side the box" when it comes to designing outfits.

I don't know if any of that interests A-fest, but there ya go!

thefinal
05-06-2007, 12:59 AM
Awesome guys! I'm so glad we have people willing to do this because I have a direct connection with the woman who handles the guests (I work for the con and know her husband very well) and she said as long as we have the people willing to do it, then she'd be willing to give it a shot. However, with A-kon getting so close AnimeFEST is very busy as well as A-kon so I will probably have to contact everyone after A-kon. Again! Thank you all so much! ^^;;

Saejima
05-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Ill be going all 4 days and heading the air gear photoshoot

thefinal
05-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Saejima: This thread is for panels and workshops that might be at the con, not photoshoots and gatherings :/

Honey Usagi-chi
05-09-2007, 05:08 PM
I should probably do a panel next year when I'm 16. I'm opening up a cosplay resources site, and I have cosplay experience. Sewing, resin casting, foam and wood techniques, etc. So yeah, I don't think I should open up a panel yet xD

thefinal
05-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Panels are something that we don't necessarily open up as of yet, it's something that we're scouting out people to do them but if by next year you feel you're capable of hosting one, I'm not leaving AF anytime soon so you can always feel free to message me in the future because as long as things go well this year, hopefully we will be able to do it again next year

Honey Usagi-chi
05-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Panels are something that we don't necessarily open up as of yet, it's something that we're scouting out people to do them but if by next year you feel you're capable of hosting one, I'm not leaving AF anytime soon so you can always feel free to message me in the future because as long as things go well this year, hopefully we will be able to do it again next year

Thank you =3 I'll be sure to keep that in mind. :rockon:

Ama Uzume
05-30-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm working on a cosplay dance troupe. I've been in drill team for about two years. I would love to give lessons on dancing and making dancing skits.

thefinal
06-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Still looking for more people interested in hosting any sort of discussion panel, specialty panel/workshop (cosplay 101, how to...), or event!

ChibiBritt
06-08-2007, 11:08 AM
We could probably host Anime Jeopardy. We did it for All-Con and it went over really well.

I'll talk to my officers and see what other ideas we might have. Is there an email available for panel requests? I would like to try and request space as soon as possible...I did for A-Kon but I still ended up with not so stellar panel times.

thefinal
06-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Unfortunately at this time I can not take request for panel times, but when that time does come about, there will be times to choose from and you would want to list your first, second and third choice. I've been keeping close contact with the woman in charge of panel rooms (Suzi) and she's giving me as much information as she can. The point of this thread is so that hopefully we can get more panels and better ones as well, but I do not get to decide who gets a panel room and who does not. I will be forwarding her the info that's posted on this thread as well as emails and she will make her decisions from there and usually contact everyone to get to know a little more info.

If this does not ease your confusion, feel free to PM me and we can exchange emails or IMs so that maybe I can clarify things a bit more.

Hee-Hee
06-08-2007, 04:05 PM
If you're still looking for panels, Hopie-chan and I of Twinzik Cosplay will be hosting a panel for Edocon over skit presentation and etiquette on stage if you're interested.

-For example, we will discuss the basics, such as how to physically present yourself on stage (facing the front, gesturing, expression), as well as the do's-and-don'ts of skit content (what's funny and what isn't, as well as what is and isn't appropriate).

Also, Hopie and I are puppeteers and we will have a few of our puppets AT AnimeFest for the cosplay competition. We've always been interested in spreading awareness about puppetry and, while Hopie-chan and I do it for ministry purposes, it's also a very fun tool that people can use for their own entertainment when it comes to skits and cosplay. (IM me for more information if you're still curious as to just what this is)

-In the panel, "Puppeteering 101", we would discuss the basics of puppetry, such as working on lip-syncing, rod work, interaction with the audience and other characters on stage, and other related topics.

Just let me know if you're interested, and if you're not that's okay! ^__^ Hopie and I are gonna have a great time at AnimeFest, and we'd be happy to help out the panel situation if you're still short-handed.

Take care!

Hee-Hee

Arei
06-08-2007, 04:45 PM
I was hopeing to host a Cosplay Whose Line event. Basically just about an hour long improve show for fun. But so far there dont seem to be many people interested in doing this. I thought itd be fun to have this set up for one day during the con.

ChibiBritt
06-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Unfortunately at this time I can not take request for panel times, but when that time does come about, there will be times to choose from and you would want to list your first, second and third choice. I've been keeping close contact with the woman in charge of panel rooms (Suzi) and she's giving me as much information as she can. The point of this thread is so that hopefully we can get more panels and better ones as well, but I do not get to decide who gets a panel room and who does not. I will be forwarding her the info that's posted on this thread as well as emails and she will make her decisions from there and usually contact everyone to get to know a little more info.

If this does not ease your confusion, feel free to PM me and we can exchange emails or IMs so that maybe I can clarify things a bit more.

Sounds great! I'll keep watching the thread to see how things are going and post any new ideas for panels we could host. Thanks! ^_^

Amiyuri
06-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Well, this might sound cheap but we (Utaku 101) know where to buy good quality costumes. We are small but well experienced in buying. We might want to do a small panel, but since it's four of us, I (the president of club Otaku 101 ) might need to consult the other officers! :bouncer:

Thanks
-Ami-chan

thefinal
06-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Ami-Yuri: I think that'd actually be awesome :) Consult the officers and lemme know if they agree so I can make sure to forward you to Suzi ^^;;

Kung_Fu_Candy
06-10-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm interested in holding the 'Anime Dating Game Event' at AFest this year! It will basically run like the actual dating game (you know: 1 lonely person quizzes 3 mystery people behind a curtain or partition of some sort, then chooses one of them to be his date!), only with cosplayers in-character acting as famous anime characters.

There's already a thread devoted to this, if anybody needs more info!

As for my experience and whatnot, I'm the president of a (rather disfunctional...) cosplay club in Fort Worth, entering TCU as a broadcast journalism major, and by the time AFest rolls around will have hosted Cosplay Chess at AnimeExpo and co-hosted the huge Death Note gathering. Hope that helps a little! ^_^

Amiyuri
06-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Ami-Yuri: I think that'd actually be awesome :) Consult the officers and lemme know if they agree so I can make sure to forward you to Suzi ^^;;

How many people would be needed for the panel? So far I have two reps, who say that they will participate. Thanks.

thefinal
06-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Ami-Yuri: I would think one or two. Depends if 2 people want to split it up or if just one person wants to do all the work -shrugs-

thefinal
06-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Ami-Yuri: One more thing, I will be sending out the first email to Suzi tomorrow with a long list of people interested so if you're still interested in hosting the panel, please PM me your email. Thanks.

Honey Usagi-chi
06-12-2007, 01:03 PM
I was hopeing to host a Cosplay Whose Line event. Basically just about an hour long improve show for fun. But so far there dont seem to be many people interested in doing this. I thought itd be fun to have this set up for one day during the con.
I'd love to do it xD Alot of people posted about it too....

Amiyuri
06-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Ami-Yuri: One more thing, I will be sending out the first email to Suzi tomorrow with a long list of people interested so if you're still interested in hosting the panel, please PM me your email. Thanks.

Thanks, and one more thing...is there a specific age that you are required to be to hold a panel??? And sorry for the last pm I sent you... I hadent read your previous post. THXX :bouncer:

thefinal
06-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks, and one more thing...is there a specific age that you are required to be to hold a panel??? And sorry for the last pm I sent you... I hadent read your previous post. THXX :bouncer:

You know...that's a really good question. I have been presuming at least 15 or 16 but I will find out for sure -nods-

Amiyuri
06-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Good! Whew >...< I'm 15 (but short enough to be 12 T.T) but a good leader. It would be an honor to host a costume buying panel at my favorite con!

thefinal
06-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Question - since you're 15 will you have a parent at all? Because I know back in the day when I first started going to AF that I had to have a parent to get a badge and that may be what Suzi would do - get parental approval that you can host a panel

Amiyuri
06-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Moms all for it, so yes. My mom and sister and I are going to be staying at the hotel together and will travel in a pack, or gang...or flock...well we'll be together the whole con, or just about.

thefinal
06-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Found out about age requirements! If you're anywhere between 13-16 years of age, your parents have to be there anyways with you at the con and so you have to have parental approval for hosting a panel. They don't have to be there for your panel and at your side (unless they feel they need to be), just as long as there's parental approval in some sort of fashion.

thefinal
06-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Okay guys, I sent out the email to Suzi and I've got in everyone's request for panels. She says either herself or her assistant Steve will contact each of you. So woo-hoo! :)

Amiyuri
06-15-2007, 01:24 PM
thanks you rock!

Hee-Hee
06-16-2007, 08:34 AM
^_^ Awesome, thanks for all your hard work!

thefinal
06-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Okay, for those of you that applied for a panel, if you haven't received an email within the next week or so from either Steve Webster or Suzi Manuel, please PM me with your email. Thanks!

Hee-Hee
06-30-2007, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the update!!