PDA

View Full Version : Just moved from Alexandria to VA Beach (intro post)

deanimefan
09-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Hello all. I just recently moved from Alexandria to VA Beach. I was wondering if there were any cosplayers in my area. I am looking to go serious with my cosplay. I want to buy a sewing machine and maybe have someone take me under their wing. I don't want to keep asking for commissions all my life.

I'm new to the area and looking to make friends. My navy guy might get deployed and I don't want to be stuck all alone and missing cons because I have no ride. :( With that said, I guess I should say more about myself. I'm 23, a virgo, married, and I have no kids. I like anime, Asian music, Asian Cinema, crime and forensic shows (Cold Case Files, City Confidential), cosplay, manga, reading (my friends hate that I can spend all day in a book store), writing, yaoi, DJ, ren fairs, sword collecting, and many other things. My dream job is to either be a forensic pathologist or criminal psychologist. I'd also like to work in a morgue one day.

At first, I'm generally shy and don't talk much. Once I open up and am comfortable, I'm labeled the "ditz." It's earned me the name 'The Black Usagi' if anyone is familiar with Sailor Moon. So, that's my nerdy self in a nutshell. Sorry if you see this post in other forums (as in Nekocon, NVAA, etc). I'm just trying to expose myself in hopes to make as many friends as possible. Thanks for reading.

~Tasha

NiceGai44
09-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Welcome to Virginia I live in Northern VA. We have some gatherings around the area. I will let you know when the next one is. Please to meet you.

deanimefan
09-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Sounds good and thank you

Black-Minerva
09-29-2006, 10:08 AM
Hello Deanimefan :wave: ,

I'm Black-Minerva. Although, I don’t live in the Virginia Beach area I do live in Virginia. So we're in the state at least. I can’t give you too many tips on costuming yet I’m new to the world of cosplay myself. I did my first bit of cosplaying in 2005. I still have a lot to learn about costuming and prop making. I joined this forum this year to assist me with those sorts of things.

Anyhow, I am pleased to meet you and happy to help in any way I can. Just like you I’m looking forward to making friends with lots of other cosplayers, especially adult cosplayers (people over 18 like myself).