PDA

View Full Version : The Clubhouse

Gothic_Lulu
03-18-2003, 10:53 AM
I thought this was interesting:

http://www.animeboston.com/events/clubhouse.html

I thought that it might be a cool idea that Cosplay.com could get a time in the Clubhouse for meeting people and taking pics and stuff......We could have the official "cosplay.com photo" there and still do the one that we listed for......

Just an idea.......

ChibiRinoa
03-18-2003, 11:02 AM
i dont know about anyone else, but that sounds like a good idea, it would give the opportunity to meet people from here. it would also help out the people who cant make it to the photoshoot in time

Gothic_Lulu
03-18-2003, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I was thinking that if we did it we could do it on either friday or Sunday for people that could not make it to the Saturday photoshoot.....

I think it would work best on Friday because there might not be as much people on Sunday with Easter and all......

TyJILDown
03-18-2003, 04:42 PM
I was looking at that as well awhile ago...I hope we can make that happen...

Gothic_Lulu
03-18-2003, 05:05 PM
I am willing to organize this, I just need to know how many people will come.....I think it will be a lot of fun!!!!!

If you are interested please just tell me!!! ^______^

RichAyanami
03-19-2003, 12:21 AM
This isn't the same thing as the cosplay.com photoshoot is it...? o.O

Gothic_Lulu
03-19-2003, 12:35 AM
Nope ^_^

The clubhouse is a 1 hour gathering type of thing that ABoston provides for large groups.....

Kas
03-19-2003, 02:41 PM
Sounds cool.. I'm sure my sis and I and another cosplay.com member will be there.

kitty_neko
03-19-2003, 03:38 PM
oo! *raises hand* i'd be there!! ^__^ it sounds like a good idea... i think it should be on friday. just because. XP

Gothic_Lulu
03-19-2003, 03:41 PM
Yay!!!! More people!

Maybe I should sign up ^_^

Before I start anything I need a guests list....

hikura
03-19-2003, 04:39 PM
Gothic_Lulu sign me up cause i will be there the entire weekend and it sounds like a great idea.If you need help with anything let me know.I will gladly help.Yes i will be your lackey lol.

Gothic_Lulu
03-19-2003, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the offer Hikura ^_^ I might need some help but since I live in Boston it might be easier for me to arrange and I don't want to cause anyone any unneeded stress before a con.....

Well....If we do this what kind of stuff would we do ^_^

Oh, and Kitty_Neko I really want to do it on friday too! Thats they day I will be wearing my Lulu costume ^_^

hikura
03-19-2003, 07:50 PM
Gothic_lulu it is not a problem.My costume is just about done and do not worry about adding stress to me.The real world gives me stress and stuff like this is my stress reliver.Friday sounds like a good time.

Koumori
03-20-2003, 10:55 AM
I'll definitely be there on Friday (debuting Belldandy, I think) and I'd love to stop by.

Gothic_Lulu
03-20-2003, 01:17 PM
Cool then ^_^ I think today I will sign us up for a time and start to assemble a guest list and whatnot....

I will most likely sign us up on Friday and I will tell you all more details ASAP...

Kas
03-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Yea just let us know the time and day.. We are coming up Friday but since it is a 12 hour drive and no telling what we will come across on the way.. Hopefully we will make it.

Lafiel
03-20-2003, 03:02 PM
Ooo I'll make sure to drop by.
I can see you all busting from excited knowing I'm going to be there. :P

Koumori
03-20-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Gothic_Lulu

I will most likely sign us up on Friday and I will tell you all more details ASAP...

Thanks, Lulu! (Is your mom coming? :) )

TyJILDown
03-20-2003, 06:17 PM
I'll be with Studmaster, Ranma, Oshi, & Something_Lulu so I think all of us shall attend if you guys arrange this ^_^

Something Lulu
03-20-2003, 11:06 PM
Ooh, this sounds fun. ^_^ Count me in.

Gothic_Lulu
03-20-2003, 11:07 PM
Yay!!!! A lot of people are coming now ^_^

Koumori- Most likely my mom will be there because she is going to be with my little sister ^_^ She is cool though.....

-----

I just signed us up right now....I picked Friday and for time I choose 12:00 - 4: 00 and they will contact me later with the exact times.....

Any ideas for what we all should plan ^_^ I have to update them when we figure it out....

lialia
03-21-2003, 12:29 AM
sign me up :)

Gothic_Lulu
03-21-2003, 12:48 AM
I listed that about 20 people are coming so I should be covered but I can always tell them if more are coming...

Koumori
03-21-2003, 06:57 AM

Koumori- Most likely my mom will be there because she is going to be with my little sister ^_^ She is cool though.....

I know, I asked cause I like your mom! Thanks so much for arranging this!

ChibiRinoa
03-21-2003, 07:16 AM
i think ill be there in time for this ^.^ if i am ill have WitchofEastwick with me and MightyRadish, and they might be cosplaying as well

hikura
03-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Well gothic_lulu other then obviously photo session how about exchanging ideas on costumes?Maybe going to a few panels as a group?Or how about doing lunch or an early dinner as a group?It would be fun to all go out dressed in our costumes,lol.But of course i am a little weird.

Gothic_Lulu
03-21-2003, 03:33 PM
Koumori: LOL ^_^ My mom enjoyed talking to ya too ^^ It's my pleasure to arrange this, I think it will be a great oportunity for everyone to meet...

Hikura: That lunch idea sounds cool, maybe after the clubhouse thing we can all go out as a group and get something to eat because by that time it will be either lunch or dinner time. Going to panels sounds cool too.....maybe we can bring some music and stuff too ^_^

Lafiel
03-21-2003, 04:13 PM
We could have some games/contests and stuff.
I can donate some extra dvds and anime stuff I have as prizes.

hikura
03-21-2003, 05:06 PM
Lafiel has a good idea also.I have some old Japanese Newtypes i will more then gladly donate(i know it isn't much lol).
Gothic_Lulu,I will brings some music also.I have lots cd's.
One game we can do is a small trivia contest or something like that.

Gothic_Lulu
03-21-2003, 05:14 PM
The game idea sounds really cool ^_^ I look around to see what I can donate to the cause ^_^ Anything will be cool really....

I have some music too that I can bring but it will also be cool that if anyone has anything they can bring it if they want or what not...

*gets all excited* I can't wait! ^_^

hikura
03-21-2003, 05:23 PM
Ok i have 6 dvds that i have no use of any more.Not saying they are bad but i will donate them as prizes.5 of them are japanese anime and 1 american anime movie(Heavy metal movie).So there are some prizes from me the japanese newtype mags and 6 dvds.Plus if need any help for any reason Gothic_Lulu do not be afraid to ask.I live of here in NY but i can still maybe help.*Gives Pocky to LuLu to see her get really excited lol*

Lafiel
03-21-2003, 09:09 PM
Yeah :D
Maybe a small group of us can be in charge of planning some games.

- Trivia,
- Name that tune
- Lets make a deal anime styles :P but then we need some cheezy prizes.
- Anime pictionary "Draw.. Chii!" (thats to easy though :P)
- Or board games like Taboo (could switch it to anime themed taboo).

Just a few ideas off the top of my head. I love games:D
Some of them are group games though.

hikura
03-21-2003, 10:05 PM
Or we can do like a jeporady or a wheel of fortune style game.Lafiel though has some great ideas.BTW Lafiel i like your avator it is cool.

Gothic_Lulu
03-22-2003, 05:02 PM
Wow those are some great ideas *_* I like the pictionary one a lot ^^...

So:

Games
Music
Photo Taking
Discussion

and stuff we could do after if anyone is interested ( I am not sure how much time they are going to give us):

Getting lunch or dinner
Going to panels and whatnot together

hikura
03-22-2003, 05:12 PM
We can always maybe go to tokyo kid or something like that or go see some sights.

Lafiel
03-22-2003, 08:45 PM
Probably tokyo Kid would be at the convention.
There is a castle across the street which might be neat to get pictures at... Or there is the bridges by havard which are so pretty, can't remeber how far away from the hotel those are.

Gothic_Lulu - We could bring some food. Nothing to messy though but like Candy (as you suggest in your other thread), cookies, pockey and what not ^^.

If someone would be willing to bake... myself on the other hand would buy:P

Allia
03-22-2003, 09:36 PM
I'll go I'll go *raises hand and waves it around*. I have a question though..Umm.. Is it alright if I bring my friends who are not members? We really want to stick together. If not its O.K. Those games and stuff sound fun (although I'm shy and might not play but I'll watch) Friday would be great but it wont be before three will it? If so I might not be there by then to go.

hikura
03-22-2003, 10:41 PM
Allia i would think you can bring your friends.My opnion..more the merrier.We are suppose to hold it somewhere between 12 to 4. Gothic_LuLu is getting the info and stuff from animeboston.Just keep looking here or check out animebostons website.Defintely check here alot.Might talk with Gothic_LuLu for excat time.I hope to see you and everyone else there.

EvilMoogleQueen
03-23-2003, 01:02 AM
ooh I'd go. I'd like to meet some of the people here...

Gothic_Lulu
03-23-2003, 09:25 AM
Allia: I would say it is alright to bring your friends ^_^ The more the merrier , I would just need to know exactly how many people so I can tell the ABoston people.

Mako-san
03-23-2003, 11:24 PM
Oh wow this sounds like so much fun!! Is there anything I can do to help I'll be more than happy too!! Just let me know!!

Allia
03-25-2003, 11:31 AM
Right now I have myself and three other friends for sure and two other friends are unsure if they can go to the con at all. Thanks for letting me bring more people.^_~*

Koumori
03-30-2003, 08:40 AM
Tokyo Kid doesn't seem to have dealer space reserved.. but it's a long way from the hotel by T, and I'd hate to leave the con for that long when there'll be plenty of stuff to buy there.

EvilMoogleQueen
04-01-2003, 08:32 PM
has a time been set yet?

lialia
04-01-2003, 10:09 PM
ok so itll be two for me

me and my friend will be there

if theres anything that i can do to help let me know like... if we need food or stuffs i can bring some snacks

hikura
04-01-2003, 10:17 PM
I have two graphic novels to add for prizes(among the other items i am bringing for prizes).

Gothic_Lulu
04-02-2003, 08:19 AM
The people at ABoston should be telling me the time we got shortly ^_^

MrWonderfulToji
04-06-2003, 07:17 PM
*peeks in topic*
umm if its not too much trouble, I'd really like to go... its on friday right?
I'll make sure that Ill be there, if I am, Ill be happy to bring my japanese playstation with some DDR mixes *I have 3rd, 4th, 5th, and I have 1,2,3,6 mix for beatmania..*if the masses approve, or my Saturn with Guardian Heroes, or Xbox with panzer dragoon, jet set, doax..
if any of these sound good, let me know and Ill be HAPPY to provied.
sean

number18
04-07-2003, 11:54 AM
Geez I shoulda checked this thread earlier. I'd love to meet up at the clubhouse thing...but since you haven't posted any times I will assume that things are still loose and I can get in on it? ^_^;;;

Gothic_Lulu
04-09-2003, 10:30 AM
People can still join in ^_^

MrWonderfulToji- Bring whatever you want ^_^ I still just want to see what The Clubhouse provides.....because will need a tv if that is the case....

It will be on friday but they still have not given me the time 00;;;;; hopefully I will get it soon...

In other related stuff....I might need more help with this then before. I have been out for almost 2 weeks in school sick and I might need to have surgery done ( It won't interfere with AB ^_^) so yeah.....additional help would be cool....

JacksUsername
04-09-2003, 11:45 AM
Ou, I didn't see this thread either, hopefully its not too late to join in. This sounds like a really cool idea and could be lots of fun. If you have room, I'd love to join!

Gothic_Lulu
04-09-2003, 11:59 AM
Sure, you are welcome to come.....

Since it seems like there are going to be a lot of people.....maybe people could print out their avatars with the SNs and whatnot....it seems like it will be a lot easier.....but I heard that a lot of people don't like doing it :/

JacksUsername
04-09-2003, 12:09 PM
Yah, I know some people were planning on doing that just for the convention itself just so if they run into someone, but like you said, some don't like putting it on the ID and such. I'm going to do it, just because that's the only way I'd really recognize someone because I'm fairly new.

number18
04-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Hmm...sounds like a good idea. :/ I don't have a printer though. I'll just make a piece of paper with my handle and another picture of 18.

Something Lulu
04-09-2003, 04:15 PM
I'm going to put my username on my badge and hope that if ppl recognize my avatar, they'll recognize me. ^_^ And if we're all meeting up at the Clubhouse on Friday (is that the day?) we'll be able to recognize everyone else for the rest of the weekend.

lialia
04-09-2003, 04:45 PM
ill be tackin on my username and avatar as well.

im going to have what id like to call message board syndrome for awhile. lol i wonyt be able to recognize people by thier real names

Something Lulu
04-09-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by lialia
im going to have what id like to call message board syndrome for awhile. lol i wonyt be able to recognize people by thier real names

LOL I'm like that, too. I've been trying to think of all the ppl I'm sharing a hotel room with as their real names now so I don't slip up at the con. So no one should be offended if I call them by their cosplay.com name. ^_^ And I won't be at all offended if ppl refer to me as Lulu lol.

MrWonderfulToji
04-09-2003, 09:32 PM
*laughs*
glad to hear you won't be offended if I call you lulu, Im kind of a lulu fanboy, so I'll probably stammer out some goofy way of asking for a picture, and its almost certain I'll call you lulu..
most everyone calls me Toji when I cosplay him, just because he's so infrequently done... so I certainly don't mind.
sean

Something Lulu
04-09-2003, 11:04 PM
All you have to say is "hey, can I take a picture?" As long as I'm not in the middle of eating, it's all good. ^_^
The Clubhouse seems like a great place for photo ops. I have to remember to pick up film.

Gothic_Lulu
04-09-2003, 11:23 PM
I guess I will put my avatar on my badge as well.....I should probably switch the picture though lol....

JacksUsername
04-09-2003, 11:33 PM
hehe, there's going to be so many lulu's to look out for...ahhhh...
:P alrighty, i'll look out for your avatar, or avatar to be....hope to see you there!

Something Lulu
04-09-2003, 11:38 PM
The Clubhouse is on Friday, right? Gothic, tell the AB ppl to get a move on with giving us our time. ^_^

Gothic_Lulu
04-10-2003, 12:01 AM
It is on Friday....with only 8 days left I hope they tell me soon.....

Lafiel
04-10-2003, 12:20 PM
Talked to patrick the running it.
They are posting them tonight :)

I threatened him with a fish.

number18
04-10-2003, 12:45 PM
Lafiel, let me just say I love your cat avatar.

Do you think there will be other groups of people using forum avatars/handles to identify each other? I was on the DDRfreak.com message boards asking who was going to Anime Boston, suggesting the DDR kids put DDRFreak on their badges...but we don't seem too organized right now. None of them are really cosplaying and yada yada.

Wheeeeee but so excited! Man I hope I don't seem like a sorry otaku when people meet me.

Lafiel
04-10-2003, 02:14 PM
lol thanks number 18 for the avatar compliment, I can imagine people see me as a giant headed cat :D

If you see a girl Dressed as Lafiel that will be me.
Not to sure which day I will be wearing that ;)

I think someone suggested Smiley yellow faces or something on there badges.

Koumori
04-10-2003, 04:30 PM
It's a cute giant headed cat. And thanks for threatening the AB people. :)

number18
04-11-2003, 12:15 PM
sweet! you're going as lafiel? I love Crest of the Stars (yet to see Banner...). Niiice. We'll haaaaave to take pictures. ^_^.

So far, I am just going to put my user handle on my con badge, I think...makes it easy for people.

Gothic_Lulu
04-11-2003, 02:40 PM
I heard we got from 12:00 - 2:00

This post is important but I am not sure if I can go into particular details.

I just went to the hospital day and I have no real good news. I have a problem and I have to get serious testing on friday from around 9 in the morning to 11:30 in the afternoon so I WILL be late.....a lot of my plans are fucked up now so I really have to figure out some stuff......like how I am going to change and stuff....

I really don't know what I am going to do.....

hikura
04-11-2003, 02:42 PM
I have a room gothic_lulu at the hotel you can change in my room.Plus we will save you a warm seat at the meeting.Just relax and we can handle lots of the small stuff.

lialia
04-11-2003, 02:53 PM
*hugs gothic-lulu*

like hikura said, dont worry about a thing conwise we will get ya all set up with nething you need. your health comes first.

we havent met yet but if theres nething i can take care of for you dont hesitate to ask :)

Lafiel
04-11-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by number18
sweet! you're going as lafiel? I love Crest of the Stars (yet to see Banner...). Niiice. We'll haaaaave to take pictures. ^_^.

So far, I am just going to put my user handle on my con badge, I think...makes it easy for people.

YAH! More Crest of the Stars Fans :D

Most likely I'll be wearing it.
Not to sure what I will be wearing to the cosplay photoshoot. Probably
But I did promise a person I know who is wearing a Jinto costume that I would wear lafiel for pictures with him.

I'm always concerned about the way I look in a body suit.
My thighs/hips seem pretty big especially when wearing something tight...Ieeee. Can't wait to get the 2nd season jacket done to cover my ass and hips heheh
*Super Conscious >.<*

I don't suppose anyone who is good at cutting wigs is going to Anime Boston? I ended up having to order a wig at the last moment and would like to have it cut (Just bangs taper down to around the ears). I would be willing to pay a few $ for your time, just really don't want to fudge up my wig... :( I'm arriving on Wednesday.. so if could be done between then and friday morning that would be wonderful!

I hope someone takes pity on me and will say Hi at the club house, normally not shy, but I am when I don't know people. hehe :)

Gothic_Lulu!! I can be your personal seat warmer, check out my 'Title'. I was BORN to do the job :D

But yes, if you need any help just ask :)

Phew I'm rambling

Koumori
04-11-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Lafiel

I don't suppose anyone who is good at cutting wigs is going to Anime Boston? I ended up having to order a wig at the last moment and would like to have it cut (Just bangs taper down to around the ears). I would be willing to pay a few $ for your time, just really don't want to fudge up my wig... :( I'm arriving on Wednesday.. so if could be done between then and friday morning that would be wonderful!

I see that there are actually going to be two wig panels at the con. I think I'll be attending both.

Lafiel
04-11-2003, 04:55 PM
Yeah I'm going to check out both too.
Wonder if I can say..

HEY I have a wig you can practice on!

Allia
04-11-2003, 05:06 PM
NO!!!!!
I won't be there on Friday until 3:00. I guess I will just have to be sure to make it to the photo shoot on Saturday at 1:00. I can't belive I'm going to miss it. Sorry I can't be there. Are people planning to go to the photo shoot also? I hope so because I want to meet everyone.

Kas
04-11-2003, 05:38 PM
wow.. so it's from 12:00pm -2:00pm.. well we are suppose to leave around 5:00am from Maryland. So I hope we can make it.. Plus I gotta probably stand in line for registration.. -_-`` Also.. get to the hotel and find a parking place.. So we might be the stragglers coming in around or at 2:00pm.. T_T

Gothic_Lulu
04-11-2003, 06:38 PM
Maybe I can ask for a time change that would be more convient....but I don't want to seem like a bitch having the times switched or anything...

EDIT: I just checked...looks like there is no way I can reschedule....

Allia
04-11-2003, 07:02 PM
Thats OK I'll just meet everyone on Saturday or in the hallways.
Thanks for trying though Gothic_Lulu.

Something Lulu
04-11-2003, 11:11 PM
I just went to the hospital day and I have no real good news. I have a problem and I have to get serious testing on friday from around 9 in the morning to 11:30 in the afternoon so I WILL be late.....a lot of my plans are fucked up now so I really have to figure out some stuff......like how I am going to change and stuff....

If you hook up with me you could stop by my room to drop your stuff and change. What's WAY more important at this time is that you feel better. I'm going to e-mail you about this. Unfortunately, I think 12 is a bad time since that's check in time for the hotel room. (I'm gonna call the hotel tonight and check that, though...) But I plan to be at the hotel earlier (since ALL my plans fell apart and I'm going to leave NY at the crack of dawn to register early) so I hope to be changed already. (Who knows, maybe I'll wear my costume on the trip there. >_<) I'm going to e-mail you and we'll work something out.

Lafiel, I'm going to PM you about the wig. I might be able to help you out with that. ;)

number18
04-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Isn't there a way to schedule ANOTHER cosplay.com clubhouse time on Saturday? They still have slots open on Saturday, and even though it's early in the day, it will be Saturday and not Friday when most people will be arriving or coming later from work or something, ya know?

I know you can still schedule and all. The DDR North East guys scheduled a clubhouse time like yesterday.

I think that's a good fixer of all problems...just to schedule another meeting for Saturday. Again, the DDR NE guys have scheduled times for Friday AND Saturday. I don't see why we can't have two days as well.

Gothic_Lulu
04-12-2003, 09:03 PM
Isn't there a way to schedule ANOTHER cosplay.com clubhouse time on Saturday? They still have slots open on Saturday, and even though it's early in the day, it will be Saturday and not Friday when most people will be arriving or coming later from work or something, ya know?

I know you can still schedule and all. The DDR North East guys scheduled a clubhouse time like yesterday.

I think that's a good fixer of all problems...just to schedule another meeting for Saturday. Again, the DDR NE guys have scheduled times for Friday AND Saturday. I don't see why we can't have two days as well.

I was not aware of this so now I will try go in contact/plead to see if we can get a time on Saturday as well......

hikura
04-12-2003, 09:39 PM
This would be great for you gothic_lulu since you have that hosptial stuff to do.My offer still stands gothic_lulu if you need a place to change and put your stuff my room is avable for you(or any help)

EvilMoogleQueen
04-12-2003, 09:49 PM
we sure did get an early time o_O
I hope I can make it. I dont think i'll be in boston at 12.

Gothic_Lulu
04-12-2003, 09:51 PM
if we could get another time would people prefer Saturday or Sunday?

I say Sunday partially because we have a photoshoot on Saturday but people might be leaving early or something so I am not really sure....

Koumori
04-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Well, we do have the cosplay.com photo shoot scheduled for 1 PM on Saturday.. surely that would do fine instead of trying to get a second clubhouse time? I doubt there will be that many people there on Sunday anyway, especially since it's Easter, and I'd really hate to ask GothicLulu to go out of her way more than she has already. I think there will be plenty of opportunities for us to meet up as it is.

Gothic_Lulu
04-12-2003, 10:07 PM
Yeah ^_^ I think that two times might be much but I am willing to do it only if I am assured a great amount would go otherwise I am unsure like Koumori said ^_^

hikura
04-12-2003, 10:15 PM
Anytiem is good for me.i am there the whole weekend lol

Something Lulu
04-12-2003, 10:42 PM
I'm really hoping I can make it to the Clubhouse on Friday, because I would love to be able to meet all of you early on. It would be nice to have another slot on Saturday, but between the photoshoot and ppl being in Masquerade it might take time away from seeing the con and panels and other stuff ppl might want to do. And Sunday seems like a slow day, being Easter, and with ppl possibly leaving early.

Does anyone know where the photoshoot is taking place on Saturday? I can't remember if I was told or not. >_<

EvilMoogleQueen
04-12-2003, 10:59 PM
if we dont meet on friday we wont know whose who for a good part of the con.

hikura
04-12-2003, 11:14 PM
We are suppose to meet up in the lobby of the hotel(pretty sure of this i will check the website of animeboston to make sire) something lulu

Something Lulu
04-12-2003, 11:22 PM
Oh that's right, the lobby. Thanks. ^_^

Well, there's always the usernames on the badges. ::shrugs::

hikura
04-12-2003, 11:29 PM
It is defintely the lobby at 1pm on saturday(that what it is listed right now but could change).

Allia
04-12-2003, 11:30 PM
If its early on Sunday for the second club meeting I can probably go. I leave at 3:00pm on Sunday. If you can't get another time thats OK just the photo shoot is fine. Thanks for trying so hard. Make sure you don't over do it Gothic_Lulu I don't want your hard work and the con you have been looking forward to, to be ruined by health reasons.
So yeah OK 1:00pm Sat in the lobby, I'll be there.
I can't wait to meet everyone.

EvilMoogleQueen
04-13-2003, 12:34 AM
is 1pm on saturday the photoshoot?

hikura
04-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Yes it is evilmooglequeen.We meet in the lobby.

number18
04-13-2003, 11:02 AM
Well, now that Koumori (I think) mentioned we have the photoshoot on on Saturday, I think we dont really need another clubhouse time then.

It seems like we'll have plenty of chances. Hell, we could even meet at the dance or something.

Mwuahaha, I dunno about you ladies an gents, but I'm alllll over that dance. I would love some partners to own the place with. hehehe

Saiban
04-13-2003, 11:06 AM
I'll show up and bust my break dancing skillz all over you.
Popping and locking all over the place.

number18
04-13-2003, 01:08 PM
uh oh...breakdancing?

Shit, I think we have a battle on our hands at the dance!!

But will you be able to face the team of cyborg twins??????

=dramatic music=

JacksUsername
04-13-2003, 01:23 PM
Well, now that Koumori (I think) mentioned we have the photoshoot on on Saturday, I think we dont really need another clubhouse time then.

It seems like we'll have plenty of chances. Hell, we could even meet at the dance or something.

Mwuahaha, I dunno about you ladies an gents, but I'm alllll over that dance. I would love some partners to own the place with. hehehe

About the photo shoot, do you have to sign up or anything for that, or is it just the cosplay.com people getting together and getting photos.... I'd like to be part, but I know I'm still a bit of a newb, so I don't know if I was suppose to already let people know or something.

I'll be at the clubhouse on Friday at noon, and like #18 said, most will be re-meeting at the photoshoot anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, Gothic lulu--thanks for all the work you've been putting into scheduling this!!! you rock

Saiban
04-13-2003, 01:24 PM
I wish, I havent "tried" to continue break dancing since I moved to Massachussets. All my skillz are gone, or in remission.
How sad for me. But I can pretend :D lol

hikura
04-13-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by JacksUsername
About the photo shoot, do you have to sign up or anything for that, or is it just the cosplay.com people getting together and getting photos.... I'd like to be part, but I know I'm still a bit of a newb, so I don't know if I was suppose to already let people know or something.

I'll be at the clubhouse on Friday at noon, and like #18 said, most will be re-meeting at the photoshoot anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, Gothic lulu--thanks for all the work you've been putting into scheduling this!!! you rock
Jacksusername.I do not think we need to signup or anything.I guess we just show up for the photo shoot.Newbe here also considering i am wearing my first costume.

Lafiel
04-13-2003, 02:24 PM
This may sounds silly but maybe someone should have a sign in the lobby that says COSPLAY.COM. So we know which group of people we should be with :)

Instead of having to ask everyone...
"Is this cosplay.com photoshoot?"

I hope I can make it to the photoshoot :\ the club house isn't the problem for me..

Saiban
04-13-2003, 03:28 PM
Thats not a bad idea. Instead of having people flustered, and wandering arounda good way to gather people together would be a sign of some sort. Or a person waving screaming about it XD

hikura
04-13-2003, 04:59 PM
Both of you have a good idea(lafiel and saiban).Maybe someone should be there saying over here for the photoshoot.(The big cute kittyhead and the guy with sharp sword is correct lol).

RichAyanami
04-13-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Saiban
I'll show up and bust my break dancing skillz all over you.
Popping and locking all over the place.

Oooh.... we have a bboy on our hands... You're gonna have to show off those breaking skills. I've gone from rave to liquid and now I'm starting to pop, so I'm gonna have to check this out.
XD

Koumori
04-13-2003, 05:45 PM
I think that all of the scheduled AB photo shoots are supposed to meet at the same place. I really don't think we'll have much trouble finding each other, even without signs and/or waving. I think we're overthinking this. ;)

hikura
04-13-2003, 06:27 PM
Me and overthinking is like number18 saying an un-hetic anime con.In other words an oxymoron lol.Either way we should be fine.

Penpen989
04-13-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by RichAyanami
Oooh.... we have a bboy on our hands... You're gonna have to show off those breaking skills. I've gone from rave to liquid and now I'm starting to pop, so I'm gonna have to check this out.
XD

Haha, my friends in the bboy crew BCB, he'll be there dressed as hayato from rival schools, and some of his other friends. should be a good battle,

Saiban
04-14-2003, 01:32 AM
Word, Now I am inclined to start practicing my moves again. Damn you!

number18
04-14-2003, 11:53 AM
oh schnap. I'm starting a new thread now for the b-boys/b-girl...s?

Saiban
04-14-2003, 11:54 AM
Go for it. :D

JacksUsername
04-19-2003, 01:29 AM
Hey! Had a lot of fun today...er....yesterday meeting everyone! Sorry if I was a little soft spoken, it usually takes me a little while before I start talking casaully :P I'm all hyper for tomorrow though.

anyways, the main purpose of this post is to thank Gothic_Lulu for the stress of scheduling this and letting us all meet like that before the photoshoot

*applause to Gothic_lulu*

:)

Saiban
04-19-2003, 09:05 AM
I wish I could have came. Stupd giant line. Well It's reall my own fault :/ I was gonna pre register thursday but it didnt happen, o well.

soaze
04-20-2003, 09:14 PM
jack - you're costume fucking owned!!!

<< blonde hair who kept stealing oshi's gunblade *whistles innocently* (tim)

JacksUsername
04-20-2003, 10:33 PM
: ) thanks! I'm going to try and work out a system to make them retractable. I wasn't too sure who you were until i read : "blonde hair who kept stealing oshi's gunblade *whistles innocently* (tim)".......then I knew :P Nice meeting you! Hope to see you at future cons! How many pictures did you exactly get just carrying it around?

hikura
04-20-2003, 10:36 PM
Jackusername.Your costume rocked.I did think of an idea for you.Want me to post for you or pm you?

JacksUsername
04-20-2003, 11:19 PM
hikura, I pm'd you about it :)

anyways, to stay on topic, I was just wondering...this was my first convention, does every convention have a clubhouse section where existing groups could meet, or was it just something they did for anime boston? I'm going to try and go to Shoujocon, and was wondering if they'll have something like that again; it was defiently fun!

TyJILDown
04-21-2003, 01:23 PM
I was the Wallmarket Cloud that Friday and Sivil (Big purple & face painted person) on Saturday. I have a bunch of pics form the Clubhouse in my photos, most of the 20 some odd first pics here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~b1urredimage/AB

Lafiel
04-21-2003, 01:51 PM
It was great to meet everyone at the clubhouse.
Especially the early birds ^^ I think that the only time I had my picture taken of myself at the club house. *Mr. Satan Pose*.

I can't believe I forgot to bring the prizes I was suppose too. Next year ^^. *grumble* I totally missed the photoshoot. By the time I saw it it was like half over so I just watched everyone from the 2nd floor.

Number 17 & Something Lulu, it was great meeting the both of you. Hope to see you at more conventions.

Looking forward to next year ^^.
btw I'll have my pictures posted soon...
On Animeondvd.com as well as my own gallery:)

number18
04-21-2003, 04:52 PM
yes to the early birds! hehe. it was very nice to meet everyone. loverly costumes. i wish I had been able to go on sunday to see your lafiel costume, lafiel! But I saw a pic of you with a Jinto I think. So nice! :D

EvilMoogleQueen
04-21-2003, 04:57 PM
it sucks that i missed the clubhouse. I got into boston at 3:00. but I ended up seeing most of you anyway. too bad though... it sounded like you had fun.

Gothic_Lulu
04-21-2003, 05:01 PM
To everyone:

Sorry I could only make the last five minutes of it. Being the one that mostly planned this, I was a wreck the night before it because I had no idea what was going to happen or if I had to show up to get it. I was going to be there earlier but something came up in my testing that had to be accounted for and I was lucky that they allowed me to go to the convention after for the full three days.

I am happy all went well ^___^

hikura
04-21-2003, 06:25 PM
Gothic_lulu.Despite you not being there for a long time at the clubhouse i was happy to see you.I got to meet you and everyone else there too.It was a pleasure to meet you.I hope you get better soon.It might seem out of place but if you want to talk to anyone i will talk with you.I know that you do not know me well but if you want to we can get to know each other in a friendly manner.I mentioned this to you several times and i will mention it again i loved your costume.