PDA

View Full Version : KOF @ AX 2k3

Michi
03-18-2003, 03:12 PM
I know everyone remembers the huge KOF gathering of '01, and the Capcom vs SNK gathering of last year... and I'm sure someone made a KOF thread somewhere already -- but how about a breakdown? I wanna see what characters we'll be getting for Friday's KOF gathering this year. ^_^

As for me? Another Athena, Athena's special striker from King of Fighters 2000. ^_____^ aka oldschool Athena in armor instead of a red bikini. Or maybe I should wear a red bikini? ;) :p

Kamui Motoaki
03-18-2003, 03:51 PM
(wow i find myself posting in most of your threads Michi LoL)
but yea. . what day would this photoshoot take place?
cause i might bring Kyo. . or Ryu. . ^_^

Michi
03-18-2003, 03:58 PM
Friday afternoon, like last year. ^_^ Yaaaaay I love your Kyo. I should bring out Shingo again sometime to match. ^_~

(That's because my threads are awesome. Hahahaha. XD)

Tetsugyu
03-20-2003, 04:50 AM
Yes a Red Bikini is an excellent idea. But hey anything you wear Michi luv, will be awesome. It's Friday afternoon at 5 if I'm not mistaken in my memory of the AX board posts. (Shameless plug: If all goes well it will be right before my Birthday party! Yay Me!)

Well I'm bring Chang '95 if anything. I might have my Korean Team costume with my buddy Jim as Choi, but still no word on that. I don't know why I posted it, you know what I'm wearing already Michi darlin' but...ya sent me the thread and I answerd the call! -_-'

PS: I hear my buddy Joe is doing an Earthquake costume from Samurai Showdown for Ani-Magic. Just thought I mention that.

PSS: Anyone like/get my new sig banner? It's a pun on a movie line but it's saposed to be serious...

Michi
03-20-2003, 05:13 AM
Well the armor would be slightly harder (I wouldn't actually make it armor o_O just gold material) and the red bikini isn't KOF exact but exact for the character... haha. I think I'll wear the armor at AX and bikini for home. XD

Michi
03-20-2003, 04:58 PM
Yay double posting. It's been 12 hours, I think it's okay. ^^

Um, the Otakon groups and their banners gave me the idea... that, well, the KOF group shoot is known to always be one of the biggest ones at AX. Would anyone like a lil button in their sig? I'll make lil 115x70 ones.. Here, I attached the one I made for myself. ^-^

JoeBoeing
03-20-2003, 06:46 PM
Greetings,

I may have Earthquake for AX... if I get the funds and time to make it. But I will have it for Ani-Magic...if I'm still over-weight.

FRom,
Joe

Michi
03-20-2003, 06:52 PM
Earthquake is scary! Best of luck~ :X Haha, someone needs to do Raiden... ....or not. O_o

JoeBoeing
03-20-2003, 10:35 PM
Greetings all,

I'm actually planning a Raiden as well... I mentioned that to Tetsugyu-san on IM yesterday.

I just don't know where to find his blue tights... that I have no idea how to make the mask.

FRom,
Joe

Michi
03-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Well, he's got other outfits aside from that one. Or at least one other. I'd love to see more obscure Fatal Fury characters like that. ^^

Where are all the KOF cosplayers?! Maaan.

JoeBoeing
03-20-2003, 11:02 PM
Raiden has another ones than his blue/yellow?.. I haven't played Fatal Fury in many years so he might and I most likely forgot about it.

I am also planning a Sie Kensou costume from KOF and Psycho Soldiers (Arcade game from 1986 or so).

I want to do Earthquake in his red outfit... anyone know where to get red tights that cover the feet to fit a guy that is 333 pounds and 5' 10" with a 59 inch waist?

Thanks,
Joe

Michi
03-20-2003, 11:15 PM
Pfft. Someone isn't paying attention to the thread. :P The very Athena I'm doing for AX originated from Psycho Soldier. I know what game it is. XD

Yeah, Raiden has another outfit.. I'll look for it later.. ^^;

http://www.riversedgedancewear.com/ might have something to fit you. I haven't checked, though.

JoeBoeing
03-20-2003, 11:48 PM
I figured that you knew Michi... I just wasn't sure how many other knew... it is an obscure game.

Athena and Cham Cham are my Game Goddesses. I have always wanted to see the Greek warrior-style Athena done in cos-play... you can bet I'll get several pics.

I remember a site where you could marry a game gal and I was on the site as Athena's husband and they made a marriage certificate and all that stuff was posted on the site. I'm an absolute Athena fanboy.

Thanks for the site... I'll look at it later.

FRom,
Joe

Michi
03-21-2003, 12:02 AM
I'm doing her Another Athena striker/updated Psycho Soldier costume at AX.. and then her King of Fighters '96 outfit at Ani-Magic.. then I dunno what else. ^^ Athena is fun. She was my first favorite character when I discovered KOF about 5-6 years ago.. though not so much anymore. I just want to pay homage. ^^

JoeBoeing
03-21-2003, 12:55 PM
Greetings,

Another Athena? That's a weird name for her. For constuction of the costume, I can't help but think or a sturdy think tan leather... sorta like Xena the Warrior Princess. However, the skirt portion looks pleated unlike the Lucy Lawless's outfit in Xena.

I can't wait to see how it turns out!

FRom,
Joe

Michi
03-21-2003, 06:28 PM
It's called "Another Athena" 'cause.. when you select Athena as your striker in KOF 2000, you can have her "another" form which is her goddess self. :D

Tetsugyu
03-21-2003, 06:31 PM
Spiffyness.

Michi
03-21-2003, 06:37 PM
Where's your banner I made you, MISTAR?!

Tetsugyu
03-22-2003, 02:45 AM
*sweatdrop* here...

Michi
03-22-2003, 02:52 AM
That's better. *^^* *gives you a cookie*

Tetsugyu
03-22-2003, 02:56 AM
*munchies cookie* Tets Happy Boy! *sticks head out for Michi to pet him* Tets like Video game! *plays KOF2k as Chang, looses*

RAWAWRARARWRWRWRW!

*turns into a whirlwind, destorys game*

SohjiroX
03-31-2003, 05:14 PM
doing Kusanagi for AX since its so easy or save it for animagic03

Michi
03-31-2003, 05:27 PM
Kusanagi as in the dude from KOF 2k2? X_x; Or Kyo himself? (I hope)

SohjiroX
03-31-2003, 05:50 PM
the oirochi version the one you have to do the secret to get.

Michi
03-31-2003, 05:59 PM
...There's no Orochi Kyo.

Maryssa
03-31-2003, 06:14 PM
OOOH you have to DO THE SECRET to get him!!! XD rofl

SohjiroX
03-31-2003, 06:24 PM
up down right left down up left right highlight kyo to do so, that is the only kyo I will play as and cosplay as. thats who I am doing

Michi
03-31-2003, 06:28 PM
It isn't OROCHI. You mean KOF 2k2. Kusanagi. He's another clone, with a different voice actor. He looks no different from Kyo aside from darker skin, which Kyo-1 and Kyo-2 of KOF '99 also had.. Mmmbleh.

SohjiroX
03-31-2003, 06:36 PM
i know but I like to say that because he is dark and such, alot of friends around here like to say that he is instead kanadea from akira and k9999 is akira becaue the have a special intro or such, its just something we like to mess with but I am doing that outfit

Iori E
03-31-2003, 07:47 PM
*pats SohjiroX on the head*
It's okay, we know what you mean. Goofball. :P
Kusanagi also has red eyes and an absurdly evil smirk. Bizarre...
Oh yeah, I think I still have the Clark costume if you still want it. I just have to look for it. It's in my room somewhere...

Anyway, how could I have missed this thread? :o
I might bring my K9999 or Jhun Hoon costume. Or, I might have Andy Bogard done by this time.
If it's a general SNK gathering, then Washizuka all the way.

TheLoneWolf
03-31-2003, 08:17 PM
Um...I might be coming,that is to say....I might have a ride,or I might not......:P If I go,it's K' and k9999 here.

>Kusanagi also has red eyes and an absurdly evil smirk. Bizarre...
Indeed.Nice of fitting,in an odd way.....

>If it's a general SNK gathering, then Washizuka all the way.
Go for it,I might not be able to make it,but I want pics!!!
(and oh yeah,much hira zuki-ness must ensue!!!!!)

Tetsugyu
03-31-2003, 11:57 PM
I've got all the stuff I need for the Chang Koehan costume. I just need to find some plastic chain (Which I know I should go to Homedepot to find) and a decent ball to use. Anyone have any suggestings? I can't find a good plastic ball to use.

Iori E
04-01-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Tetsugyu
I've got all the stuff I need for the Chang Koehan costume. I just need to find some plastic chain (Which I know I should go to Homedepot to find) and a decent ball to use. Anyone have any suggestings? I can't find a good plastic ball to use.

Paint a beach ball black? Get a big foam ball from a craft store and cover it with some hard material? Um... I don't know.
It'd be cool if you made your Chang costume for the Irvine picnic, since I'm going as Jhun Hoon and all... ^_^

Tetsugyu
04-01-2003, 12:13 AM
Oh yeah! Shoot man I should represent for the Korean Team. But I don't know if I'd have enough time. I have kinda 2/3 costumes I'd like to do so...I don't know. But crap man I'm honored you'd like me to do it. But I have a question for you...

Are you doing Jhun for the gathering at AX? Because if you are then I'll have Jim as my Choi. We might be matching in Korean Team garb...but we still don't know about it. I for sure can do Chang 95 as I have already planned. Problem is that ball...

Oh and your suggestions are great, but the beach ball is a no go. I need something with a flat surface, because the beach balls have tiny flaps that seperate the colors. The foam idea would work but I'm not sure they'd make it the size I need. I'm thinking Michells, but I don't know of one in the emediate area. Thanks anyway for your idea. I'll think about trying to bring out Chang for the picnic, it seems like there'll be enough time.

Iori E
04-01-2003, 12:32 AM
Heck yeah, it's all about the Korea Team. Too bad I can't wear my Cool Choi, Kim Sue Il, and Jhun Hoon costumes all at the same time. (Plus, the Cool Choi costume is officially retired.)

Jim as Choi? That'd be awesome. Especially since Jhun Hoon personally trains Choi while Kim trains Chang, to see who does it better. I can picture the photos now... XD

Anyway, if you don't have the time, Chang for AX would be awesome, too. I'll be sure to bring my Jhun on Friday for the gathering.

Tetsugyu
04-01-2003, 12:50 AM
You retired Choi? Is it for sale? Jim might be interested. See I'm doing Chang 95 for ACen and then I was gonna do the Korean Team outfits with Jim for AX. Jim'll be doing Jigen for picnic and maybe Taisou for my Tetsugyu. So I can try to pull out the Chang, but it'd be 95 ver (Because it's soooo easy to do and I gotta cosplay the fat guys.)

So If you want me to do it, I'll try it. Would you mind helping me/finding me help (from a lady preferably. hehehehehehe) to put my makeup/bald cap on?

If not then we'll be looking forward to your Jhun if Jim and I can get the KT done. Now if Darn Albert hadn't retired his Kim costume we could have Represented the Korean Team right. Oh Mei Lee though...we can find someone I'm sure. Jim's Girlfriend said she might do it.

Note: I talked to my boss about the Korean Team Chars last night. He's Korean. He told Jim and I, who happend to be in the car, that the pronouciations of the names where wrong. Atleast that since they are Korean Characters that they should be pronounced in their tounge...no mater how the 'Koranji' (Yeah I pulled that outta my ass) looks. It's an interesting idea dont you think? I'll post the phentic pronuncations here once I ask Jim what some of them where. I have a bad memory. Arg...

Iori E
04-01-2003, 01:30 AM
The Cool Choi is not for sale. Your friend wouldn't want it. I ripped up and put back together most of it for use in other costumes. So... yeah.

If it's too much trouble, you don't have to go as Chang for the picnic. Besides, I don't know anyone who could help you put it on, and I'm not that good myself. o_O (Still learning...)

I did see a great May Lee cosplayer at last year's AX. Took a picture with her, let's see if I can find it...

Heh... I'm Korean, and know nothing of the language. I do know that "Kim" is the last name and he should really be called "Kap Hwan"... but that's about it.

Tetsugyu
04-01-2003, 03:18 AM
heheh I see. Ok then I'll hold off Chang until AX.

Michi
04-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Blah, I'm tempted to pull together the Athena that I wanna do for the Irvine picnic (for Jhun's obsession with her that's sorta scary in the KOF99 CD drama)... But I doubt that's possible. :P I've just gotta work on fixing up a Mai, and then doing Another Athena at AX.

Where are all the other AX KOFers? ;_;

Tetsugyu
04-01-2003, 10:26 PM
I wish ya luck Luv! We all gotta work on our costumes! >_<

Michi
04-01-2003, 10:29 PM
I get to make a shield and sword for Athena. :D I should... recheck AX's weapon laws. XD

Tetsugyu
04-01-2003, 10:36 PM
Should be fine. AX 99 was there and I saw all kinds of weapons. Unless they got super anal...

Michi
04-01-2003, 10:40 PM
Well AX 99 was a while ago.. and weapon laws have gotten more strict since 9/11. I went and checked their rules just now and it just sounds like I'll hafta get it peacebonded.

I've never ever cosplayed with a weapon before. o_O Except for my flimsy Utena sword at Fanime and AX 2K.

SohjiroX
04-03-2003, 02:26 AM
Yeah I will get the clark off you for this may and I will try and start on Kusanagi but I also want to do Chris and the other from the Athena team that chokes on buns in I think 97 or 95 version forgot his name but both easy.

Michi
04-03-2003, 02:28 AM
The guy that chokes on buns is Sie Kensou. He's in every KOF game. ^_^;

SohjiroX
04-03-2003, 02:41 AM
I know just didn't know if anyone would know who I am talking about since counting him there are three guys in the group the old man and boa who is so cute when he roles on the ground after an attack at times. Psyco baaalllll! cant role, hard hurts. in anycase I know I was asked to do one for animagic but its so easy to do I might try it for expo if I dont get Kusanagi done.

piroko
04-13-2003, 07:19 PM
I'm planning to be Vanessa again for the KOF shoot, since some people on the AX board were looking for a more complete Iori team (from '00 and '01).

waynekaa
04-13-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Michi

Where are all the other AX KOFers? ;_; [/B]

Poor Michi!

Michi
04-13-2003, 09:21 PM
Pfftblah. Are you not doing KOF this year, Wayne? n.n

waynekaa
04-13-2003, 09:39 PM
:P
I made a K9999, but since I made him this year that means I have to debut him next year. :D

SohjiroX
04-14-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by piroko
I'm planning to be Vanessa again for the KOF shoot, since some people on the AX board were looking for a more complete Iori team (from '00 and '01).

YAY! I hope you dont mind if I glomp you, I love that chracter.

Iori E
04-14-2003, 02:27 AM

So that was you last year? Wow... one mystery solved. Now I just have to figure out who that Foxy and May-Lee was and I'll solve the AX '02 KOF mystery. :P

Boo to Wayne. Wear that K9999 already, dang it! :PPP

waynekaa
04-14-2003, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Iori E

Boo to Wayne. Wear that K9999 already, dang it! :PPP [/B]

But isn't that so convenient, you should wear your K9999 so I can postpone mine for next year. :D

Iori E
04-14-2003, 03:43 AM
But I don't know if I'm going to wear it again. I still need to be Jhun Hoon and Andy Bogard... :/

Michi
04-14-2003, 04:46 AM
YES! Andy needs to be Andy. Ohohoho~ There should be lots of Andys. I actually am not incredibly fond of the character, but as a Mai cosplayer.. yes. :3

Iori E
04-14-2003, 03:42 PM
Not super spandex Andy, Andy. Fashion model 2001-2002 Andy, Andy, Andy....... Andy.

Michi
04-14-2003, 06:45 PM
I'm glad I'm not doing Mai for the actual big photoshoot. :P New Andy costume is silleeeehy!

Iori E
04-14-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by waynekaa
Ooooh, you'll need blonde hair action

Yes, blonde hair action. I'll also need white hair action for Jhun.

Maybe I should go ask Jed.

waynekaa
04-14-2003, 08:28 PM
Sorry, he's been locked away in Hikkles closet.

Iori E
04-15-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by waynekaa
Sorry, he's been locked away in Hikkles closet.

I hope he's all right. :o People don't usually survive long in closets. Or if they do, they usually don't smell all that fresh.

Speaking of hair color, will you dye your hair blue? It's K9999, after all...

waynekaa
04-15-2003, 02:51 AM
Jed can survive in those conditions, he's just the spirit of all that is blonde.
No dye, that's what hairspray is for.

SohjiroX
04-16-2003, 01:22 AM
I dont think I can do the Kusanagi outfit in time, I have to do another one, either King this time or some one else. shoot, but I will do king of fighters.

Michi
04-16-2003, 04:12 AM
..^^; Another King crossplayer? Goodness. Have you already been King? Because that's a harder outfit than Kusanagi/Kyo.

Eurobeat King
04-16-2003, 04:44 AM
Hehehe Tell me about it.. :thumbsup:

piroko
04-16-2003, 09:43 PM
Ok, I've tried looking everywhere but maybe you guys can help me? o_o I just wore regular suspenders last year for Vanessa but I know she has some special type.. I have a more close up pic at http://www.rave-works.com/sv.jpg.
There are no clips in the back, just the front.
I've never seen suspenders for sale like that, but I've seen someone wear those before.
Can anyone help me track them down?
Or at least know what type they are..thanks!! :D

Iori E
04-19-2003, 09:11 PM
Ok, I've tried looking everywhere but maybe you guys can help me? o_o I just wore regular suspenders last year for Vanessa but I know she has some special type.. I have a more close up pic at http://www.rave-works.com/sv.jpg.
There are no clips in the back, just the front.
I've never seen suspenders for sale like that, but I've seen someone wear those before.
Can anyone help me track them down?
Or at least know what type they are..thanks!! :D

The pic doesn't work for me, but I know what you're talking about.

I have 2 suggestions:

1.) Get the suspenders with an X-back style (that is, the kind that is in the shape of an "X" at the back). Remove the clips from the straps on the back and attach them onto the clips at the front somehow.

2.) You know the suspenders with a Y-back style? Try to find suspenders where the crosspatch is much lower, so it looks more like a V-back style (I've never seen this kind of suspenders before, however). Get 2 of these. Attach each one (the clip with the crosspatch) to the sides of your pants, more toward the front. Cut off the other straps to get them to the length so that thery're short enough to be attached together somehow on the top, so that they're around your shoulders. I can draw a little diagram for you if that sounded confusing.

Anyway... I don't know exactly what kind of suspenders those are. ^^; Good luck!

SohjiroX
04-20-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Michi
..^^; Another King crossplayer? Goodness. Have you already been King? Because that's a harder outfit than Kusanagi/Kyo.

I have done a quick version but it was just a brother version Ace, I had the outfit but no bow tie, and it was more of version from SNK vs. Capcom, it is just black and white but I will try that if not, than I am asking Iori E if he can lend his Clark outfit, or I ask a friend or someone if they have the time to make and I pay or I buy it off them, dont know but I am trying to do Kyo if I find one or such, still trying.

Michi
04-25-2003, 09:57 PM
Arrrr I'm worried about Another Athena. T_T My brain was slow to take into account how close Fanime & AX are to each other, and I dunno if I can really make her yet... x.x Grrarrr. Maybe I'll wait til Ani-Magic and I can run around as both Another & '96 Athena!

So maybe I'll just be Yuri at AX...? *ponder*

Psychotic Jei
04-26-2003, 12:09 AM
I'm considering bringing my Ralf costume. *ponders*

Michi
04-26-2003, 03:33 AM
>_> Then bring it? The more the merrier.
I posted about being unsure because I bugged Dez to be Another Kensou with me. :F But now I'm not so sure about it x.x;; Unless I do the bikini version. XD!!

Nietsche
04-27-2003, 08:36 PM
I won't force you into the Athena costume given that I too know of the time constraints...I'll just wait till another convention to air my Another Kensou. I just don't want to go around in it without support from another striker! ^_^

Michi
04-27-2003, 08:39 PM
Are you gonna be at Ani-Magic? ;-;

Nietsche
04-27-2003, 08:41 PM
That's tentative Michi!

Michi
04-27-2003, 08:42 PM
:F Tentative works for me. ^_^;

*adds Yuri to AX list*

khiro
04-27-2003, 11:07 PM
I'm not sure if I'm gonna cosplay KoF this year(I was Yuri last year). If I am gonna cosplay KoF this year I'm either gonna be Yuri again or I'm gonna convert my Kaoru costume(and part of Yuri) into Kasumi

Genki_Usagi
04-27-2003, 11:14 PM
Does Maki count?

Michi
04-27-2003, 11:38 PM
Maki counts if the KOF gathering turns into Capcom vs SNK like it did last year. ^_^;

Iori E
04-28-2003, 10:46 PM
Well... looks like I can't be Andy Bogard. Or rather, I can't be both Andy Bogard and Jhun Hoon at the same con. For me to be Andy Bogard, I'd have to have my brown "Jhun" shoes dyed gray. And I want to wait until later to have that done.

Besides, I want to wear my Jhun costume more than once for a change. :P

Hey Bri, it would be so awesome if you were Hinako. I think you can pull it off. :D

Michi
04-28-2003, 10:59 PM
Jhunnnn. *-* Yay! I get to see it. :D

Eurobeat King
04-30-2003, 04:11 AM
If it does turn into a Capcom vs. SNK gathering, if I join the group I'll prolly wear my Hibiki Takane costume to join the side of SNK. :) I'll be the only SNK character with a weapon (unless a Haomaru or Nakoruru join up..) ;)

Michi
04-30-2003, 05:49 AM
You're doing Hibiki? o.o Wow. ^^;

I wish I was doing something more original than Yuri, but I'm far too excited about cosplaying her. *-*

Eurobeat King
04-30-2003, 05:59 PM
Michi: Yeah, I'm looking forward to cosplaying err... crossplaying as Hibiki at Fanime, even though I will debut her at Anime Central and A-kon in May. But Fanime & AX I will have the cane sword WITH the blade as I can safely drive it to the cons and take pics in a safe location. (For A-cen & A-kon, I'm just bringing the cane sword's scabbard which is long enough to take pics with. Hibiki rarely shows the sword anyway due to her speed ;) but come Fanime & AX I look forward to taking pics WITH the blade, so keep an eye out for it (or pics of it at least) :)

Michi
04-30-2003, 11:08 PM
I'll certainly look out for it! I think you could actually pull her off, too. Remember to face your body away. XD; Hibiki has a great fighting stance.. reminds me of Ukyo from Samurai Shodown. *-* Worked on her poses? I've spent WAY too much time learning all of Yuri's openings, endings, and various other poses. ^_^; I think I'll do a good job as her. :D!!

Genki_Usagi
05-01-2003, 06:29 PM
yeah, Hinako would be fun. I dunno what I'm gonna have time to make tho. hmmm, May SJ should finish our KOF cheer cosutmes and stuff, that would be cooool. We were KOF cheerleaders last year, but our costumes weren't done. I was Hinako, but like, my hair looked relaly icky down, so I put it up x.x

Michi
05-02-2003, 02:38 AM
I'm pretty sure the blonde Neo Geo cheerleader is B.Jenet from Mark of the Wolves. :o 'Cause of her hair style, and she's much more popular than Hinako. ^^

Tetsugyu
05-02-2003, 01:36 PM
Speaking of Mark of the Wolves...Michi can you make that banner for Nathan? I know it's not KOF like you reminded me, but maybe I can drag him to an SNK gathering if there is one. Or he'll just crash the KOF one. lol

Iori E
05-02-2003, 10:35 PM
So what'll it be? If it's strictly a KOF gathering, I'll just bring my Jhun. But if it's a Capcom vs. SNK deal like last year, then I will be sure to bring another costume I have planned.
(It's a Capcom character! Someone's been telling me for the longest time to do one.) XD

Michi
05-03-2003, 05:52 PM
Iori E ~ Nuuuu! Be Jhun no matter what! You can't leave to the Capcom side!! :P!!! *clings to your leg* The AX gathering listing has it down as KOF, but if there's enough interest, it could become CvS..

Tetsugyu ~ I took down my banner. ^^; I stopped doing them.. and I'm not home to work in Photoshop right now anyway. *is in SoCal* How far is Irvine from Anaheim? Someone PM me on that or reply here and keep it on-topic somehow? ^_^;

Iori E
05-03-2003, 09:04 PM
:PPP Well, I was going to bring Jhun to AX anyway. Just not that day.

Besides, the Capcom character cosplay will be relatively cheap and easy to make (I think). Unlike Washizuka, which I had to drop due to money shortages...

Irvine from Anaheim? D00d, I go through Anaheim to get to Irvine for school 4 days a week. XD With light traffic, it should take around 15 minutes. Just take 57 South to 5 South to 55 South to 405 South.

Michi
05-03-2003, 09:10 PM
*rubs hands with evil plans regarding tomorrow*

ANYWAY.

Umm. *shakes fist* Bah, Crapcom traitor! (Just kidding, I have my own Capcom cosplay plans..) Well. Tell me when you'll be Jhun. I hearts Jhun. :D So I will tackle you with fangirly happiness.

^^

Iori E
05-03-2003, 09:19 PM
I'll be Jhun tomorrow. :P

Michi
05-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Prepare yourself. :D

SohjiroX
05-08-2003, 07:16 PM
* in the game voice* The King of fighters.....I have king done now but I might try to do a better one, I have the one from SNK vs. capcom, but black and white version.

Michi
05-08-2003, 07:18 PM
The one from SNK vs Capcom is King's 96/97 gear.. :p but I believe black & white is SvC only. Blahhhh.

SohjiroX
05-09-2003, 01:51 AM
i know, its fast and such, but I rather do a actual king, but I have to try and get the outfit done fast. I just wish I knew where to find the parts, I really just want to do Kusanagi

AngilAdora
05-09-2003, 11:58 AM
I'm goin as Mei Lee, i think on.. thur or fri.. @__o has ne one cosplayed as her, or is gonna cosplay as her? :)

SohjiroX
05-09-2003, 01:05 PM
that character is so cool but hard to use, I dont think so really but it would be neat to see, and glomp.

Tetsugyu
05-09-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by AngilAdora
I'm goin as Mei Lee, i think on.. thur or fri.. @__o has ne one cosplayed as her, or is gonna cosplay as her? :)
That's great! My friend Jim and I are going to be Korean Team versions of Chang and Choi. We so need to get pics together. Speaking of which, we need to find a Kim. Too bad Albert retired Kim. Damn you Eurobeat King! lol j/k

Michi
05-09-2003, 04:29 PM
AngilAdora ~ There was a May Lee at... Ohayocon? I think. ^^; But otherwise I've never seen it done. Go for it! More KOF! Yes! Wear it Friday for the KOF photoshoot!

AngilAdora
05-09-2003, 06:16 PM
Hehe, yah.. i need to start workin on her costume then, VARY soon. XD
Michi- i'll wear it Fri then, if ur having a photoshoot. ^^; thanx fer tellin me wha day it wuz.. cuz i wuz wonderin if it wuz gonna be either fri or sat. @__o
Tetsuguy- aw wow, i'd take pix with ya and ur group, noo prob! :D
"Glomp" I loove that word! *lol*

Iori E
05-09-2003, 07:24 PM
I saw a really great May-Lee at AX '02. Had a picture taken with her (I can post it up if you want). From what I recall, she arrived to the KOF gathering too late.

But anyway... yeah, May-Lee would be great. Which one will you do, her normal mode or her souped-up Hero Mode?

Michi
05-09-2003, 07:56 PM
Really? AX '02? ..Actually that sounds vaguely familiar. Post it up? :D

AngilAdora
05-09-2003, 08:04 PM
Wah! post the piccy, i wanna see. ^_^
but... i wanna do the one from KOF 2002' i'm not sure wha mode that is.. *loL* But I like the costume where she hast he cape on in the back. XD

Tetsugyu
05-09-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by AngilAdora
Tetsuguy- aw wow, i'd take pix with ya and ur group, noo prob! :D "Glomp" I loove that word! *lol*

And the word loves you too. lol. Ok well Jim and I will see you there. Lets hope we can find a Kim and represent for Korea! Now all we need is Iori's Krispy Kream Korea hats! The Bonified KK...ok I decided not to finish this. -_-;;;

Iori E
05-09-2003, 08:12 PM
For some reason, I remember her name (I read her badge and the name stuck in my memory). But I'm not about to reveal it in public; that'd just be inconsiderate.

May-Lee had a Normal Mode and a Hero Mode in both 2001 and 2002. They were like "stances," the way you could change between them during battle; that's May-Lee's fighting style. The caped costume you're talking about would be her Hero Mode.

Tetsugyu: Don't start! XD

AngilAdora
05-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Tetsuguy: *lol* ok yay! ^_^ i'll see ya there then.

Woooot! :D

Iori: oh ok, then itz super mode. hehe thanx fer tellin me the difference. pao! aww shes cute ^_^ she did do a good job.

Michi
05-09-2003, 08:39 PM
That Kyo is in '99 costume with gloves from the old version! How weird. :p I remember seeing that May Lee in photos, but I dun remember if I actually saw her at the con.

Yay KOF!! *dance*

Iori E
05-09-2003, 09:00 PM
But Kyo put the old-school gloves back on in the Kyo-Iori ending of KOF 2000. So it's all good. :D

Actually, what Hero Mode May-Lee has on is more of a scarf than a cape. K9999's the one with the red cape, I believe...

Michi
05-09-2003, 09:07 PM
Does he? Hah, I don't play as Kyo enough to know that. :p I should try with my DC copy of KOF 2K.
...So he got new ones? 'Cause he gave his old ones to Shingo. :p Heh. I love the Shingo ending for KOF 97. *-*

SohjiroX
06-07-2003, 06:14 AM
New change I am doing Chris instead of King but I am bringing Clark thanks to Iori E and my King outfit anyways, (King from SNK vs. Capcom) incase of changes or so or people like to wear them at all.

KoF98Mai
06-10-2003, 07:07 AM
Just dropping my two cents. We Got: Vanessa, Kyo, Mai and Orochi Chris (well he's wearing it >>points up and waves<< hello Little Brother ^^)

SohjiroX
06-10-2003, 04:50 PM
well its not Orochi since he wears red not blue. But thank big sister for that heads up there.

Tetsugyu
06-11-2003, 12:50 PM
Anyone want a "KOF 02: Be the Fighter" Poster? I got a ton left over from E3 and I'll bring them with me if anyone wants one.

Master Zero
06-11-2003, 03:09 PM
Ok, Im throwing my name into the KOF gathering. Im doing this because I think it be a lot of fun. See ya there.

Michi
06-11-2003, 03:11 PM
...Who're you gonna be, though?

Master Zero
06-11-2003, 03:17 PM
Robert Garcia. Seen how that is what Im wearing to the AX Formal Ball. I didnt pick up on it till I played the game yesterday. Do you know where I can get a ponytail tho?

Michi
06-11-2003, 03:26 PM
Look for ponytail extensions at wig/costume shops.

Tetsugyu
06-11-2003, 03:28 PM
Yeah, grow it like I did.

*thinks* Hey! I still have my hair from before the Cosplay.com Picnic when I cut it...wanna rent it? lol

Master Zero
06-11-2003, 03:34 PM
Gracias Michi. I'll check it out today.

Tetsugyu, Are you cra..........Well.......*think about renting it*Hmmmm...I'll get back to ya.

SohjiroX
06-13-2003, 01:22 AM
Um.....something is going on right now and it might cause me to not go....if so...than well...for now dont put my name on the gathering till end of fanime if i reply afterward. thanks

Master Zero
06-13-2003, 01:29 AM
Hope its nothing serious Soh. Im sure you'll be there, then we can challenge one another. *has seen pics where cosplayers challenge one another in poses and such*

Tetsugyu
06-13-2003, 03:43 AM
A. Yeah I'm crazy.

B. I'm just kidding about the rental. I'd let you borrow it but I can't afford to loose it. It's been promised to my mom who HATES the fact I cut my hair. She's a big 80's Heavy Metal Hair bands fan so she's always supported my fashion choice.

C. Question: Isn't there a wig that you can get that will work better than an extension? I'll look around for you, but check that site Michi-chan suggested.

Master Zero
06-13-2003, 11:45 AM
A: Im crazier

B: 80's heavy metal bands still ROCK! (i.e. Winger, White Snake, etc, etc, etc)

C: Dont worry about it, my friend. If I cant find one, no biggie, I'll cosplay without it. But Im sure I can find something. As for the wig, I dont think I can do that. Most of my money is going for supplies for the Yuna Guns and my other Big costume.

SohjiroX
06-13-2003, 02:58 PM
Things checked out fine, and I can make it to the con after all, no sweat....Zero...be ready to get your butt handed to you, I wont loose.

Master Zero
06-13-2003, 03:02 PM
Solid, so, anyways, Soh...who are you coming as?

And second, I already have my butt, so you wont have to hand it back to me. =P

Anyways, Im glad you can make it. See ya there. PEACE!

SohjiroX
06-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Chris, and sure I will than have think of something else than.