PDA

View Full Version : Inuyasha is coming to Adult Swim!

Lovelyangel_81
08-10-2002, 03:36 PM
Hey guys if you didn't know Inuyasha is coming on Adult Swim. :bouncer:
http://animeontv.com. Check there for more information. I might watch it; since I only saw one or two episode(s) of it. :drink:

soshi
08-10-2002, 05:39 PM
oh great, someone else for them to ruin.

Yggdrasil Pie
08-10-2002, 06:09 PM
Inuyasha!!! *fears the dub*

Sami
08-11-2002, 12:43 AM
Oh dear, more lovely dubwork. -_- Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy certain dubs, but.. meh. I haven't seen it all, but methinks I'll wait to buy it or something..

Oshi
08-11-2002, 12:49 AM
*cough*download*cough*

Ayaka
08-11-2002, 01:01 AM
*kicks Oshi* BUY LEGALLY. Sorry, I have to do that . . . ;P

Well, if I actually got the Cartoon Network, I might have feelings . . . I have an MP3 of the OP in English, claims it's from the dub . . . but I don't think so, the English is kinda . . . weird. lol. Sounds Chinese, maybe. But it's not really terrible, they remixed the BGM, sounds kinda neat.

Oshi
08-11-2002, 01:12 AM
Oww... but it's so expensive, and no stores around here sell anime ;_;

Ranma Saotome
08-11-2002, 01:37 AM
Pardon my french but that's gotta be bullshit. You know Viz will put it out first. Unless ShoPro (Shogankugan Productions, parent company of Viz) screws them over.

Ranma Saotome
08-11-2002, 01:43 AM
Ok, I read the press release... Hell has officialy snowed in.

pookie-kun
08-11-2002, 03:34 AM
*shrugs* I can't afford to buy it, and my hard drive isn't big enough to download it.

I guess I'm stuck watching the dub on adult swim... :/

Studmaster
08-11-2002, 09:06 PM
Viz has also made the thing a bitch to collect on DVD as well.

3 Episodes (for now) on each DVD, with a series that's not even complete yet (Its in the 90's now), so do the Math as to how many DVD's this is going to take.

Ayaka
08-11-2002, 11:10 PM
3 episodes per? =_= Well, I'm stuck with it . . .

Neon Genocide
08-12-2002, 08:40 AM
Damn American greedy bastards.....

Studmaster
08-12-2002, 01:19 PM
And yet before you go saying that, Neo, its still going to be cheaper overall then getting the R2 Japanese Versions, they're going for 25 a pop (16-19, if you should preorder) and the R2's go for 40-60 on average (Do not beleieve the bootleg sites that tell you those are the imports, they're bullshitting you) the problem is two things.

1) Will there quality be that of the Japanese versions?

2) Like I said, at this rate it'll take 30 discs at least to finish (and knowing Viz, they won't keep the monthly schedule as promised, just watch)

KuroBara
08-12-2002, 06:02 PM
I caught the end of the first dubbed episode at the last I-con. It's not horrible as far as dubs go. Still, I think Viz should stick to manga. 3 eps per dvd? I'll just watch the butchered cartoon network version.

Ranma Saotome
08-13-2002, 12:24 AM
I'll wait for a perfect collection, tape it off tv and continue to support the fansubbing.

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-13-2002, 10:56 AM
Who cares about Inuyasha! BIG O SEASON 2 IS COMING TO ADULT SWIM! YES! YES! YEAAAAS!

Kurenai
08-13-2002, 01:53 PM
It sounds like Inu Yasha will become the new american "monster of the week" show. Bah.

Babbit_Chan
08-13-2002, 11:02 PM
Haha when my friend and I heard about it after seeing the first 30 eps. of Japanese dvds we decided to watch only the first episode to try out their American voices >>; But hey - Ranma's idea sounds good XD

Ayaka
08-13-2002, 11:44 PM
Continue to support the fansub? *puts tape over mouth* :X

Nadeshiko
08-14-2002, 01:37 PM
My friend saw the dub at AX. She had mixed feelings about it. If anyone was at the panel with the status of Inuyasha to be on TV, she was the chick who kept asking if it would be. ^^;

I haven't seen Inuyasha yet. I hear lots of good things about it. I've seen parody clips my friends have made.

Hm...there's always ebay...

Jibrille
08-17-2002, 05:53 PM
i watched some of the dub i think... must have been fan. *has seen to much anime to keep track*
its not that bad really. i have definitly seen much much much much worse *cough*devilman*cough*.
i enjoyed it.
its definitely watchable.

Ayaka
08-17-2002, 08:16 PM
rofl Devilman . . . XD I found it entertaining in its badness . . .

kyuuketsuki
08-17-2002, 09:12 PM
*flees from the prospect of another dub*

don't get me wrong, I do like some dubs.....very few but I do have some that I like.....but if they put it on Cartoon Network, even on Adult Swim, it's going to be ripped to pieces

poor poor anime...alas, I knew you well.....;-;
__________________________________________________ _

"Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to continually be part of unanimity."
-Christopher Morley

Bobbi
08-17-2002, 11:15 PM
I wanna see how it'll turn out. I've seen up to episode 78 or so of the fansub. There's no way I'm buying all the dvd's! I might buy a few of them, but the whole series at about $25-30 a dvd?

90 episodes \ 3 episodes per dvd = 30 dvd's x $30 = $900

Ugh! No freaking way! I'll just stick to the fansubs and the cartoon network version.

Babbit_Chan
08-18-2002, 12:31 AM
I say buy the original Japanese DVDs -- you can usually find them on ebay for $30 in a 3 dvd set which is already 25 eps. Much cheaper if you don't mind the grammatically incorrect english subtitles -_-;;

Ayaka
08-18-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Babbit_Chan
I say buy the original Japanese DVDs -- you can usually find them on ebay for $30 in a 3 dvd set which is already 25 eps. Much cheaper if you don't mind the grammatically incorrect english subtitles -_-;;

That's because they're not the original Japanese version. They're cheap and badly subtitled (in English? Why would the Japanese version have that?) because they're Hong Kong and Taiwan bootlegs - ie, illegal. They're legal to make in HK and Tawain because of some shady laws, but they are illegal to export, sell in the US, or even BUY in the US, last I checked. Just giving you a heads up.

HazelAsher
08-22-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Ayaka

That's because they're not the original Japanese version. They're cheap and badly subtitled (in English? Why would the Japanese version have that?) because they're Hong Kong and Taiwan bootlegs - ie, illegal. They're legal to make in HK and Tawain because of some shady laws, but they are illegal to export, sell in the US, or even BUY in the US, last I checked. Just giving you a heads up.

Ah, the world of bootlegs...-.-;. A majority of the anime posters in my room are bootlegs (lots of Sailor Moon, here. -.-). There's a a website for this type of stuff, if anyone's interested, as well as a good place to buy anime merchandise:

Drooling Anime Fan Sales: Real or Fake? (http://www.droolinganimefansales.com/Real-Fake.shtml)

Babbit_Chan
08-23-2002, 07:04 PM
Ah well, I guess I'm harboring illegal documents :)

HazelAsher
08-23-2002, 07:08 PM
Ah well, I guess I'm harboring illegal documents :)

I won't tell if you won't. ^_~ :D

DJ(SiC)ness
08-23-2002, 07:45 PM
DVDs are waaaay to much. Like everyone else i download , but i've lost my downloading service can anyone tell me a good place to download eps. The only series than im going to buy is the X Oav. That reminds me i have to pre order it!

~DJ

Babbit_Chan
08-23-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by HazelAsher

I won't tell if you won't. ^_~ :D

It's a deal XD

Jibrille
08-24-2002, 08:03 PM
it seems inuyasha isnt the only show being sucked in to CN. (emphahsis on sucked)
apparently Ghost is the Shell is going to be on CN too...

i think i saw it on the page Lovelyangel_81 posted at the top... not sure...

Babbit_Chan
08-24-2002, 10:26 PM
... Ghost in the Shell? <<; They really ARE branching out...

Lovelyangel_81
08-24-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Jibrille
it seems inuyasha isnt the only show being sucked in to CN. (emphahsis on sucked)
apparently Ghost is the Shell is going to be on CN too...

i think i saw it on the page Lovelyangel_81 posted at the top... not sure...

I check back on the page. I don't see anything about Ghost In shell on CN, but whose know. I wouldn't be suprise.It would be interesting how they would edit it. All the cut with Kusanagi nude or the infamous painted bathing suit.
I heard there is a tv version. Are you talking about that? Or the movie?
What would really suprise me is they decide to show Wicked City on Adult Swim. Which I very much doubt it.

Has anybody seen Wicked City?

Jibrille
08-25-2002, 12:33 AM
i saw Wicked City, friend owns it, THAT is some messed up stuff.

i am going to check my bookmarked stuff, i KNOW i read about ghost in the shell somewhere...
cause it had Big O season 2, Ghost in the Shell, and Inuyasha listed... *searches*

Babbit_Chan
08-26-2002, 05:13 AM
Anyone else seen the new commercials for Inuyasha on CN yet? It sounds pretty good, certainly not the worst dub out there, from what I've heard off it ^_^ Secretly I'm really looking forward to seeing how Shippou and Buyo sound XD *Secretly*

Kusanagi
08-26-2002, 04:41 PM
NOOOO!

If they play GITS on CN, then everyone who sees the name Kusanagi online is gonna think I'm a chick! @_@

Babbit_Chan
08-27-2002, 09:11 AM
LOL

Lovelyangel_81
08-27-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Jibrille
i saw Wicked City, friend owns it, THAT is some messed up stuff.

i am going to check my bookmarked stuff, i KNOW i read about ghost in the shell somewhere...
cause it had Big O season 2, Ghost in the Shell, and Inuyasha listed... *searches*

I didn't know this until I buy it at suncoast. That movie blow my mind away. I only watch it if I am really bored.I usually buy anime without alike research on the show. If I like the cover box, characters on the box or the story. I will buy it.

There was another one blow me away. The Professional (sp?) Golgo 13. I thought that pretty interest. Has that 80's feel to it. *Duh! It was probably make in the 80's. slaps face* ^__^

Shadow Lady
08-27-2002, 10:35 PM
I saw a commercal of Inu Yasha last Sunday and cringed. Inu Yasha's voice is horrible. I've seen some raw japanese episodes one of my friends taped in japan last summer and enjoyed them very much but I'm afraid that watching the dub will just ruin the entire show. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to dubs and subs. I only watch subtitled anime.

I'll still watch the show because it's on tv and I don't have to pay for it but I might not get any of the DVDs.

Someday I might end up with the Hong Kong bootlegs but I'll still support Rumiko Takahashi and buy the manga (in Japanese or English). ^_^

Hikaru Tsuki
08-28-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Ayaka
I have an MP3 of the OP in English, claims it's from the dub . . . but I don't think so, the English is kinda . . . weird. lol. Sounds Chinese, maybe. But it's not really terrible, they remixed the BGM, sounds kinda neat.

I've been told that MP3 was from the Italian version.

As for the dub voices, I can tell you that Kirby Morrow (VA of Trowa from Gundam Wing and Van from Escaflowne) will be Miroku. Also, the dub voice actor of Folken from Escaflowne (I forgot his name) is being Naraku. *cringes*

And worst of all.... Andrew Francis is in it. He's the dub VA of Dilandau from Escaflowne and Genki in Monster Rancher. From what he's told me, he's the bishy Thunder Brother. So he only lasts about 2 episodes! XD

I've also been told that Scott Mc'Neil will be playing several characters (no lead roles so far though). If you don't know who he is, he's Duo from Gundam Wing, Rattrap/Dinobot/Silverbolt/Waspinator in Beast Wars. He's in a lot more than that, but it's too much to list. O_O

Ranma Saotome
08-28-2002, 02:11 PM
Instead of complaining you should all be happy that ShoPro is bringing it over, because they didn't have to. Now stop ruining it for others.

Babbit_Chan
08-28-2002, 03:23 PM
At least it's enough to satisfy new anime viewers who aren't as hardcore as us. As long as we GET our anime, right? You don't have to watch it if you don't like the English voices ;) And like I said before, there's been worse :D

Keurblitz
09-07-2002, 06:48 PM
er... as far as collecting Inu Yasha TV eps on DVD.... Hell no.... My pockets would run dry after buying the first few. The only thing I would get on DVD is the Inu Yasha Movie.

videogirlc
09-07-2002, 07:34 PM
I saw the Inu yasha tv last saturday, and I have seen the Japanese version. I didn't think it was too horrible dub (the original japanese still better) The way they handled the centipede woman was amusing since it looked like a centipide man with a woman's face and voice. I think it being on tv is good will bring in more anime fans.

Foxwolfe
09-08-2002, 04:59 AM
A centipede man with a womans face and voice? I dont think Ive yet to see a man with boobs (unless Im mistaken but I could have sworn it had some degree of a chest) and arms that femenin looking...

Tenshi
09-08-2002, 05:23 PM
I've watched it these last two weeks, and it's the first I've saw of Inu-Yasha. So far, it's ok ^^;;. But this week's episode seemed REALLY short. Anyone know if a lot of stuff was cut out?

Babbit_Chan
09-09-2002, 10:42 AM
They cut off the centipedes chest in the first ep (can you tell...) and it shows >< Tenshi-san, I don't think they've cut anything out... But yes, they feel incredibly short o_O; But, what can you expect...

Cassandra
09-09-2002, 10:48 AM
They cut off the centipedes chest in the first ep (can you tell...) and it shows >< Tenshi-san, I don't think they've cut anything out... But yes, they feel incredibly short o_O; But, what can you expect...

I saw boobies...I just didn't see nipples. And I saw the boobies on the commercial too ;)

Babbit_Chan
09-09-2002, 11:40 AM
When she leans on the grass chasing Kagome it's like a cut line >>;

videogirlc
09-09-2002, 06:29 PM
Occasional boobies could be from an angle otherwise from the front there was nothing there. I don't think they but anything out of the second episode. Well nothing iomportant that i remember.

Foxwolfe
09-10-2002, 03:22 AM
Ok good so Im not crazy. This is my first intoduction into the series also and all I can say is the first ep left me sitting there like it should have only been half done. The second ep wasnt quite as bad but I have a feeling it wont start feeling as complete till more of the series goes by, I could be wrong seeing as how Ive never seen it. And yes they do seem quite short.

Babbit_Chan
09-10-2002, 11:16 AM
I wish they'd air more episodes during the week - once on Saturday nights just doesn't seem to be enough (though it was for Yu Yu Hakusho HA)

Foxwolfe
09-11-2002, 02:13 AM
Personally being a fan of DBZ I like the idea of the "once a week" airings, as for the case with DBZ (which I know alot of you cant stand) I would have much rather them stagered the showing of the new eps they did for it would have for one, made it last much longer, and not seemed to overplay it. Its alot less fun being able to like a show like DBZ when they replay the same 30 or so eps like 50 bazillion times in a row, although its nice that they finally got some common sense and started the series over even if it was way to late comming.

Although since this is about Inu Yasha Ill get back on topic. Especially with alot of anime series which only last an average of 20 some odd eps showing them say every weekday would make the series end all that much faster. I know Inu Yasha is far longer running than that but still its nice to have that time every sat night to sit down and watch a bunch of anime. Although thats another gripe I kinda have with CN, in that they do this without having the complete series to show, I hate getting like a couple months into something like Yu Yu Hakusho and then have it restart, quite annoying if you ask me.

videogirlc
09-11-2002, 03:28 AM
Did they finish airing all of the yu yu hakusho episodes on tv? I only saw like up to episode 10 on carton network. Then i caught an episode of it after Inu Yasha they were like at the begining.

Foxwolfe
09-11-2002, 06:45 AM
Nope, in the famous CN style they only have so many eps so far and have already started reruning them, joy of joys.

Kellie
09-18-2002, 12:21 AM
x_x; I'm sorry, and I'm sure this was said many times already, but I can't watch Inuyasha on Adult Swim. I just...can't. Its just like I really can't stand to watch the dubbed version of Sailor Moon anymore. Especially when they showed Sailor Moon Super S last friday. I cried because it was so bad.

=D But hey! If any of you Inuyasha fans want some eps, ^_~ I have some on cd that I'm willing to send. *___* Gotta love that T1 line in college. ::download anime::

Ranma Saotome
09-18-2002, 03:34 AM
You are all a bunch of fools to trash Inuyasha dub. Haven't any of you realized it yet? This the first episode! The VAs are getting adjusted and used tho this! This will take time. Shit... If all of you are gonna badmouth each episode, pack your stuff and leave this thread because it is simply worthless.

Foxwolfe
09-18-2002, 03:42 AM
I personally think its off to a decent start as far as voice actors and starting off in a series. I can still remember seeing the first ep the new voice cast for dbz did those couple years back... wasnt sure whether to laugh or cry.

Babbit_Chan
09-18-2002, 09:00 AM
I think my mom is starting to like Inuyasha o_O;; I missed the third episode - even though I know what's going to happen. Their voices, like Ranma said, are really not that bad considering what happened to all the other anime that CN aired.

Lovelyangel_81
09-18-2002, 02:49 PM
I haven't watch it yet. I don't stay up to watch it or watching something else or on the computer. I probably go buy it on DVD. ^__^

Babbit_Chan
09-18-2002, 10:19 PM
I get satellite so I have eastern times and it comes on at 8 <<;

Ranma Saotome
09-19-2002, 11:00 AM
I think my mom is starting to like Inuyasha o_O;; I missed the third episode - even though I know what's going to happen. Their voices, like Ranma said, are really not that bad considering what happened to all the other anime that CN aired.

Sankyuu!

I actually spoke to the producer of InuYasha at AXNY. Viz did it on thier terms from scratch to finish.