PDA

View Full Version : Space Invader's wig panel! ALSO: Special base wig deals @ the con

Space Invader
09-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Hey all! Just letting you knowme and Gren will be doing a wig panel at Oni-con :D. We'll be sharing a lot of styling tips and tricks, and also will be handing out flyers on things like wig styling tools, reputable wig and extension brands, and a card with my wig dye recipie and instructions on it :).

At the end on the panel, I will be offering a special deal on base wigs for purchase. Since advertising here on cosplay.com is understandably not allowed, go check my post on the Oni-Con forums (http://www.oni-con.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=47430#47430) for more info on this ;).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! See you all at the con :D.

Cat-Chans
09-24-2006, 11:17 PM
Mmm, this pannel will be at the top of my list since I have quite a styling challenge coming up for Ikkicon.

Arei
09-24-2006, 11:29 PM
ill definatly be there, since my wig for A-Kon is going to be a challenge

tahiti
09-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Oh, this is a definete must-go.

Digital Blush
09-24-2006, 11:45 PM
i cant wait to help out with this xD even if i'm gonna be just a life styling dummy for you xD mwahahaha :that sounded weird: o_O

Space Invader
09-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Uchiha> LIVE MANNEQUIN LOLOLOL

;D

PockyFairy
09-25-2006, 09:40 AM
I'll definatly be there. :)

SchizoIori
09-25-2006, 10:15 AM
Definitely going to this since I recently started styling my own wigs. Yay!

Lady Saea
09-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Well if I wasn't going there with Schizo and Pocky, I wouldn't miss this anyway! Whee. All of your work and talents are amazing.

Knightfall
09-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Wigs are the one thing I really need to get better at. I'll try to make it once I know when it is.

AudioFox
09-25-2006, 03:58 PM
i cant wait i need more help on wiggin out XD

Space Invader
09-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Just so people know, this isn't going to be a "workshop" type panel, where you bring your wigs and I help you style them. Besides a few small demos I'm going to do, this is mostly an informative and Q&A session ^_^.

yamibakura03
09-25-2006, 06:34 PM
sweet. this is great info for people who want to style. i need help on major hard complicated wigs so this will help me.

Space Invader
09-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Just so you guys know, Gren will be doing the panel with me! DOUBLE TEAMIN' IT OK~

tahiti
09-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Just so people know, this isn't going to be a "workshop" type panel, where you bring your wigs and I help you style them. Besides a few small demos I'm going to do, this is mostly an informative and Q&A session ^_^.

That's cool.. cuz I know I have a lot of questions, and your wigs have always impressed me. And I never have made it to any other wig panels that have been available to me >_<;; , so I really need to make it to this one.

SchizoIori
09-25-2006, 07:03 PM

Q&A's help just as much as demos sometimes. I'm just happy you guys are having this panel. ^_^

loserific
09-25-2006, 09:17 PM
What day will the panel be. Please tell me Saturday. ;___; In my little group we are doing more and more with wigs so this panel would be wonderful for us, plus I really want to meet you two. ^^;;

If it's on Friday..well...maybe I can sucker my boyfriend going and buying me a wig since he will be there Friday. Stupid highschool marching band. ><;; Plus it would help out so much to get the instructions to your homemade dye. I blew $40 on Katie's stuff because I was stupid and didn't do it right the first time. But it is a great dye, just a lot of money. >>

...I can't wait though! ^___^

Space Invader
09-25-2006, 09:25 PM
The panel will be on Saturday, for one hour ^_^. Exact time and location TBA.

I will also be in the Cosplay 101, Costume Construction, and Stage Presence panels, so if people want any wigs they're more than welcome to place orders with me at the end of those panels as well ^_^.

loserific
09-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Yeah!! That makes me feel soooo much better. ^_^ Oh, so I can't miss you. XD Every time I go to Oni-con I always miss the panels because of just random reasons. This year I am determined to go. ^^ Thanks so much for the info. ^_~

PockyFairy
09-26-2006, 09:28 AM
that's so cool! I didn't know Gren was helping. Now it's going to be that much more awesome!

SchizoIori
09-26-2006, 12:30 PM
If I can, I'd like to make it to all your panels. They sound interesting. ^_^

rabidfanboy
09-26-2006, 02:30 PM
The panel will be on Saturday, for one hour ^_^. Exact time and location TBA.

I will also be in the Cosplay 101, Costume Construction, and Stage Presence panels, so if people want any wigs they're more than welcome to place orders with me at the end of those panels as well ^_^.

Wow, I'm gonna have to definitely check out some of those panels. You are one of the few people who has inspired me the most when it comes to making costumes.

Knightfall
09-26-2006, 03:05 PM
that's so cool! I didn't know Gren was helping. Now it's going to be that much more awesome!

My thoughts exactly. I'm there.

Cherry
10-01-2006, 04:42 PM
As far as I know, this panel will be listed as "Wig Masters Panel" in the programing guide. Lord Masamune might duck in to help a bit as well, but we'll see what happens.

It will be in a nice large room with class-room set up, so be sure to bring pens and paper for notes.

Hee-Hee
10-01-2006, 08:13 PM
I really need to get some base wigs for future ideas and updates (*cough*Paine*cough*)-- and I'll sure be taking notes! ^_^

Tenya Muyo
10-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Count me in for this one!! I always need advise for wigs! ^_^

Space Invader
10-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Just posting an update on the goods ^_^. I now will also have an inventory of various hairpieces, including clip-in highlights, floofy hair "tuft" clips, and spikey hair scrunchies in a variety of natural and party colors ready for on-site purchase.

I might add some more items to this on-hand inventory, so keep tabs on this thread if you're interested as I'll be posting updates here :D.

SchizoIori
10-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Just posting an update on the goods ^_^. I now will also have an inventory of various hairpieces, including clip-in highlights, floofy hair "tuft" clips, and spikey hair scrunchies in a variety of natural and party colors ready for on-site purchase.

I might add some more items to this on-hand inventory, so keep tabs on this thread if you're interested as I'll be posting updates here :D.

Yay for hair supplies. I might just have to buy some of these.

FE Freak
10-18-2006, 07:34 PM
You have a homemade dye recipe? Even more of a reason to go.*On top of the other countless reasons.*This is one panel i must attend! I'll try getting a seat in the front.:toothy:

Space Invader
10-18-2006, 08:43 PM
I won't be able to pass out flyers like I originally planned, but I will give the recepie and a brief "how to" at the panel, so be sure and take some notes if you're interested!

SchizoIori
10-18-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm really looking forward to it as I try to gain more wig experience.

trevinokenjiro
10-19-2006, 10:04 AM
-borrowing a friends account to post-
hahaha this is a must go too! I SUCK big time at styling wigs. N its going to be kick butt to learn from an expert cosplay master & costume designer/maker!
Would it be ok if I just observed & didn't bring a wig to work on? ;_; I really don't have any to bring. *feels bad* Hum well maybe i could bring my Caroline (Yukari) wig...even though its just a head dress. (haha i did such a craptastic job on it this morning.)
Also can we take photos? I'm pretty visual. So just taking notes doesn't quick help at times ^_^V. I hope that's ok?
~ao~

Space Invader
10-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Photos are fine ^_^. However, this is just an informational panel, not a workshop. I will be demoing on some of my own wigs and some of my friend's hair >:D.