PDA

View Full Version : Petshop of Horrors Megacon 2007

LadyRayne
09-25-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm going as Medusa, just wondering if anyone else would be there as Petshop of Horrors characters. I'm hoping highly for a Count D and maybe a few other pets like Bird of Paradise and the Mermaid or bunny.
-Leelee

Solo
09-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Sounds sweet. If a few more people join I might do an Alice costume.

BTW Let me know if you do Rei agian. I'm bringing Kaworu and I'd like to get some pics with you.

LadyRayne
10-01-2006, 03:20 PM
I don't think I'll be bringing Rei again, I'm travelling from Boston and I can't bring too much and I kind of want to expose other costumes that haven't had con time before ones I have a hundred pictures of already. Sorry.

Solo
10-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Okrei. I got the material yesterday so either me or my friend will be wearing Alice the Rabbit in the pink (pjs?) dress.

LadyRayne
10-01-2006, 04:13 PM
oh man wicked sweet! My friend is going as Count D...he's 6'5''. God, I'm short.

Solo
10-01-2006, 05:29 PM
lol well at least he'll be bigger than the both of us. Aww and a male D that'll be perfect. If I decide to have my friend wear the costume and I have some extra money I might do a leon costume for myself.

Solo
10-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Costumes are on hiatus. Alice looks like a baggish wreck so I dunno if I'll be finishing her.

LadyRayne
10-12-2006, 08:33 PM
What happened?

Solo
10-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Was giving me problems and it came out looking very..frumpy. I took a week hiatus and then I just finished it up about an hour ago to get it over with. Just have to make the hair bow and possible a few more stitches on the bow on the back. Definatly not a great example of my work but it's come out soso, so I'll be wearing it at Megacon.

Spookloops
11-01-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm going as Medusa, just wondering if anyone else would be there as Petshop of Horrors characters. I'm hoping highly for a Count D and maybe a few other pets like Bird of Paradise and the Mermaid or bunny.
-Leelee

I've been wanting to do an exotic costume for some time, so I'll take a stab at Bird of Paradise! :bigtu:

If we can get someone to be the Doberman, we'll have the whole first volume!:toothy:

SecretGeisha
11-01-2006, 08:15 PM
ive been trying to convince my brother to do a dresden(...god, i can never remember if i spell his name right ><) forever now. i can see if he wouldnt mind wearing it for atleast a day.

Foos
11-02-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm having trouble tracking down pictures from petshop of the minor characters. Anyone have a good link?

Spookloops
11-02-2006, 02:26 PM
I'm having trouble tracking down pictures from petshop of the minor characters. Anyone have a good link?

No links, but I've got access to a scanner, and vols 1-8....

Foos
11-03-2006, 01:02 AM
No links, but I've got access to a scanner, and vols 1-8....

Maybe I'll see 'em Saturday. XDDD

LadyRayne
11-03-2006, 11:25 PM
I have a Count D, he's my friend (HE! I know, crazy). Bird of Paradise awesome! Wow this little group's really growing, I'm excited.
-Leelee

Spookloops
11-06-2006, 09:38 AM
I bought fabric this weekend! I usually procrastinate and do my costume right before I con, but I really want to do a nice job with this one, so hopefully I stay on the ball here....

LadyRayne
11-11-2006, 10:33 PM
I'll try to keep you motivated by posting in this forum a lot ^.^
-Leelee

Spookloops
11-12-2006, 03:11 PM
I'll try to keep you motivated by posting in this forum a lot ^.^
-Leelee

:bigtu:
Thanks! My pattern wasn't exactly to my size, so I made a prototype out of a sheet to get the measurements right. That got done this weekend, so I'm going to make a normal skirt I can wear to work for practice, and then make the skirt for my cosplay! I should get skirt v2.0 done next weekend or so - I have to get a few supplies I didn't know I needed until I made that prototype! (I had never made a full garment from scratch before, nor worked with patterns, so I'm still learning a few things here! I've always taken preexisting garments and altered them, so this opens up a whole new world of possibilities for me... being in the fabric store was worse than the candy store! :toothy: )

Spookloops
12-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Ooh, it's been a while! How is everyone coming along??

LadyRayne
12-11-2006, 04:55 PM
I've gotten my fabric and beads in order, my base wig is straightened and conditioned, I just need to start construction. Anyone else?
-Leelee
P.S. I got a new avatar, that's something.

Spookloops
12-11-2006, 05:44 PM
I've gotten my fabric and beads in order, my base wig is straightened and conditioned, I just need to start construction. Anyone else?
-Leelee
P.S. I got a new avatar, that's something.

*Mental Note*
I may need to ask advice of you on how to style a wig for a con in May, or talk about commissioning it from you....

If I can get my house cleared post-holiday, I should be able to complete most of the sewing (except the gold collar piece.... ) by the New Year if I am focused... the holiday hub-bub and a barrage of non-specific malaises have hit me (grr!) Then I can focus on the details... the details... the details... :woah: I can handle it though, if I keep my mind on it. :bigtu:

(sorry - jitters - after making simpler cosplays for so long, I'm really wanting this to be my debut onto the cosplay radar, so I'm kind of nervous about doing a really good job!! :bouncer: )

LadyRayne
12-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Well good luck and I'd love to talk to you about commissioning a wig from me.
-Leelee

Spookloops
01-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Update: The last of the fabric except for a few small things and some lining material have been purchased thanks to the HUGE sale (Yay!!). At this point I have almost all the supplies I need except for some little things to make everything. I didn't get to start sewing over the holiday becuase of all the family coming and going, but I did get to sew a little on another project I am trying to finish first and practiced a few techniques I hope will benefit this cosplay. I pwn the invisible hem stitch now (my machine won't do it so I have to do by hand - my current project is a skirt with white parts, and I was using black thread - NONE of it shows! Yay!)! It will really help avoid strange lines on the cosplay and keep things looking smooth and fluid. :)

I have all of this weekend blocked off to sew and recover from the holiday! Santa even brought a new neck massager to work out the kinks after hunching over the sewing machine! :toothy:

I forgot to mention! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope it brings everyone nothing but the best!!

Solo
01-15-2007, 01:55 PM
When does everyone want to meet up?

Spookloops
01-16-2007, 09:01 AM
When does everyone want to meet up?

Good question. How many people are still on the PoH boat? And what are they going as? I'm dying to know.

I live local to the con, so I'm flexible on meeting up.

Solo
01-16-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm definatly going and will be bringing Alice. I'm going to be in the costume contest with another costume so Friday or Sunday might be easiest for me.

LadyRayne
01-16-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm definatly going and will be bringing Alice. I'm going to be in the costume contest with another costume so Friday or Sunday might be easiest for me.

That so figures, because I'll be in costume contest with Medusa, maybe Sunday?
-Leelee

Spookloops
01-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Sunday sounds good. I will probably be in the contest as Bird.

Solo
01-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Sunday sounds good to me too.

Spookloops
01-28-2007, 11:39 PM
I posted more prgress pics in my gallery! I'm so happy that today was so productive - the wings and 1/4 of the headgear got done today! I'm not panicking any more! (whew!!!) How's everyone else doing??

Solo
01-29-2007, 06:42 AM
I finished mine awhile ago. It really is crude (had to remove my hips for the costume since the pictures shows a straight line and I have very big hips compared to my waist = baggish) so I'm actually very hesistant about having pictures taken of it, more so when I see pictures of ya'lls costumes. Usually I do very well with costumes and am anal about putting out at least an average costume but this one got me so frustrated that towards the end I was just glad to be done with it.

Spookloops
01-29-2007, 08:00 AM
Hmmm. Will you be in town thursday night? If you want, maybe I can help out? I don't know how all I could help, but if there's anything I can do to help you feel more comfortable, I'll try....

Solo
01-29-2007, 05:45 PM
Sok, I'll be arriving the day of, hopefully before the con opens. Don't worry about it. It has lining (added since the fabric was see through) so at this point it is probable isn't repairable without excessive reconstruction. I just wanted to warn ya'll ahead of time.

Spookloops
01-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Well, no matter what, I'll be really happy to meet everyone!