PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried elemental cosumes?

resilient
03-18-2003, 09:57 PM
Like the elementals; air, water, fire, earth, etc.? I was wondering if anyone had attempted to make a costume suited for an elemental goddess, god, eing, etc. Not sure why someone would besides for fun, unless there are some anime characters who portray elementals. It could be a really fun way to get creative in my humble opinion. ^_^ Has anyone even thought about doing it? And if you could which one would you do?

Forgive me if this isn't a help thread. ~_~''

Wait a second, aren't the Clow Cards like elementals? Has anyone done and of the major elementals according to those cards? Do you think someone could make modifications to the elemantal costumes to add their own touch?

Michi
03-18-2003, 10:00 PM
People've cosplayed various elemental things with no real reference.. and I know Yaya (http://www.angelicstar.net/) did her own, awesome original fire faerie. :D So stuff like that has indeed been done before.

A J
03-18-2003, 10:04 PM
Jezeroth did a Fire elemental from Legend of Mana. I think he's got the rest of em showing up at some future con.

Is he on these boards...?

-AJ

Michi
03-18-2003, 10:16 PM
Ooh yes. Layla did the Water one! I forgot that those were original.

http://cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/detail.asp?costumeid=12070

:D

Jezeroth's on the boards somewhere, I believe, yes.

zoinomiko
03-18-2003, 10:26 PM
Does Shiva count? :D (umm, if she does, the I suppose Ifrit and Golem count too...)

I want someone to do the hard espers/aeons/summoned monsters/whatever you call them. Leviathan cosplay all the way! :D I once tried to figure out how to do Eden... that didn't go anywhere >.>;

*still wants to do FFTA Shiva*

Kellie
03-18-2003, 10:33 PM
hee! I saw elementals and thought it had to do with cirque du soliel. I LOVE the design for the water element goddess from Dralion. Its absolutely gorgeous.

Sarcasm-hime
03-19-2003, 02:57 AM
Well, I did the Windy card...^_^; it was sort of my own interpretation. http://sarcasm.fanfic.org/windycosplay.html

Michi
03-19-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Sarcasm-hime
Well, I did the Windy card...^_^; it was sort of my own interpretation. http://sarcasm.fanfic.org/windycosplay.html

Psst, Sarcasm-hime. I love all of your cosplay. <3 ^^

Kirschwasser
03-19-2003, 10:53 AM
Wow, all those elemental costumes are so pretty. My zodiac element is water, which is good, because I love blue. Blue is so pretty. ^_^

Jezeroth
03-19-2003, 01:25 PM
Oooh, yes, Elemental costumes. We competed with them at AnimeNEXT... if you look under fansview for AnimeNEXT, we're under Saturday night's cosplay. Lots of fun making those costumes. ^_^

evilchii
03-19-2003, 01:56 PM
i find the elements are a great inspiration for some really beautiful costumes, one great example is Yaya's fire faerie.

i've always loved the fire and water elements and have done a costume for water and have plans for fire.

i've always thought that the air element is the harded to "put into costume" but that 's just me.

resilient
03-19-2003, 10:59 PM
*whistles* Those costumes are awesome! So, most elementals are either done in faerie or out-of-card form? I've always thought air would be the hardest to portray, and then earth (has anyone tried an earth elemental costume without being an elf?), and then fire, and the easiest of them would probably be water. It would really be fun to do an elemental costume contest or something. ^_^ When I get the chance in a dozen or so months, I absolutely must try earth or water. Until, a very broke resilient will be seen cashing in cans. Humility never hurt anyone. . .

yayahan
03-20-2003, 09:10 AM
Wai, sankyuu for mention me, Michi! Actually, there was a group of us, I was only one of 4 elemental/themed Faeries when the Fire Faerie happened. I think you can see pictures... here on Fansview:
http://www.fansview.com/2001/animazement/az26e.html
Jenny's Ice Faerie is soooo gorgeous, and so are Meg's Water Fae and Leo's Dark Faerie.
There are various styles and elements of Faeries especially that can be explored, you can see some more ideas here, when Faerie Grove did a photoshoot for www.Jivemagazine.com:
http://jivemagazine.com/fashion/2002/11/index.php

I think elemental costumes can be very fun and challenging, especially for a group. Many games and anime offer designs of that nature, and don't ever be afraid to create your own, either. And when you do, post pictures here!! ^o^

sbjudy
03-21-2003, 06:35 PM
Also, there is the elemental priestess of el-hazard. We did "interpretations" of their costumes at fanime last year, playing more with giving the feeling of the element rather than their original costume design....

http://www.stitchinbabes.com/fanime02.html

Tenjou
03-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Yaya's fire faerie costume actually inspired me to plan out my own fire faerie character. It's not a quarter as good though XD She'll have red red red hair, a simple red dress (not speghetti straps; regular wide straps) a bow, demon wings, and red heels. Like I said, not a quarter as good ^^; Hopefully I can have it done for Halloween.

yayahan
03-24-2003, 09:42 AM
Tenjou, simpler does not mean "less good" ^_-
What you are describing sounds very elegant and a bit sinister maybe, very cool. You're just taking a different approach to the element fire, and I am sure that it will turn out beautifully.
And yes, everyone go gawk at Stitchin' Babe's elemental priestess, amazing!!

aimee
03-24-2003, 10:02 AM
Sarcasm-hime, your windycard has always been one of my favorite costumes!

as to the topic, I think it's cool, and I always favor elemental costumes!

Sarcasm-hime
03-24-2003, 01:47 PM
^_^ thanks! the wig is really heavy and really hurts to wear though....-.-;;

Juliechan27
03-24-2003, 03:23 PM
wow those elemental fairy costumes are really cool!
omg those ice fairy wings are incredible! are those cut plastic?? they look so cool! all those wings are awesome. i like how they bent and curved and decorated.

yayahan
03-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Julie - Yes, they're cut plastic attached to the armor chest piece. They were so beautiful but also painful to wear and the last time I checked with Jen, they broke. She is in the process of repairing them, or making somethine even more amazing though ^_^.
I absolutely love them, and remember when she first designed them :3

Tenjou
03-24-2003, 06:20 PM
Yaya~ Wow! ^^ Thank you! I did try to make it simple because I wanted it to look sort of "classy" in a way, but still a little demonic. I can't wait until Halloween. >D If I get around to working on it early, I'll try to take some in-progress pictures.

Later, and thanks again!

yayahan
03-25-2003, 08:53 AM
^_^ please do and upload them!!

Sukida
03-27-2003, 03:40 AM
A few friends and I are intending to have some elemental costumes done, hopefully for NDK this year. We were going to get a group together to do all the japanese elements. (I think they were fire, earth, air, water, and metal or something to that effect. I think there were more.) I'm still designing fire at the moment.

Hopefully we'll also be doing Dark and Light.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-29-2003, 04:39 PM
Portraying the elements is very hard! I was gonna do loads of Elemental fairies. [I even created new elements....but that was for my FAnfic writing group, Vortex INC.] I decided on doing a Night Fairy and a Day Fairy in the future....but i'll leave the elements to all you other wonderful cosplayers