PDA

View Full Version : AWA 2007 Cosplay And meet-up thread

UrMastrInuYasha
09-27-2006, 02:27 AM
Figured I'd go ahead and post this.

Yea, it's early, But I am sure most of you already have a basic idea at what your Cosplay is going to be for next year, correct? I do.. Probably 1: InuYasha v 2.0, or 2: Bridget From Guilty Gears.

GeminiVirus
09-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Yip..Ashe from Final Fantasy XII most likely..anyone got a gaia account? i missed the meet at AWA.

Clive-kun
09-27-2006, 02:43 PM
My roommate and I are doing 4 different versions of Ed and Al

UrMastrInuYasha
09-27-2006, 04:18 PM
I have a Gaia account, and the only thing remotely close to Gaia I met up with at AWA was the fan table in the dealers room.

My cosplay, I am hoping will be Bridget From Guilty Gears XX

darknessorlight
09-27-2006, 04:21 PM
I'll probably go as either Edward Elric or Kh2 Kairi.

london2191
09-27-2006, 06:58 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm doing ANBU Temari or Nanao-chan. These are my plans for now. I want to be able to do a cosplay with the correct hair so I'll probably do Nanao or if I'm brave enough, Rukia. I just discovered, with messy enough hair, I can pull her off. ^^

Hikaruhime
09-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Sai from Naruto and an art concept of Vanity/Pride from the Seven Sins are pretty much sure bets, but I'm not sure about the other two (?) cosplays I'll be bringing. Maybe some recycles from this year, or who knows. ^^;

PhoenixGate
09-30-2006, 03:31 PM
I am going to try to have Sesshomaru finished along with the Jaken puppet and Rin outfit for my friend. I will be Byakuya Kuchiki one of the 3 days as it will be done very soon. Not sure what else...

phantoms_angel
09-30-2006, 11:58 PM
I know I'll have Saber back for Friday next year, but I'm still trying to plan out my Saturday/contest costume. ^_^

london2191
10-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Sai?!?!? -eats you- I love Sai! Unlike everyone else, he's one of my favorite characters.

Miroku205
10-10-2006, 12:05 PM
I will bring my Maes for next year and i will probably bring back my Amano fanfic character from yugioh gx(now that I have the black jacket ^_^) and I may do a Dark Zane Trusdale from yugioh gx.

Hikaruhime
10-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Sai?!?!? -eats you- I love Sai! Unlike everyone else, he's one of my favorite characters.

Yep, he deserves more love! Hopefully by next AWA, he'll become more popular. XP

R-chan
10-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Hoping to pull off Fuuma Monou from X, Cassandra Alexander from Soul Caliber II, and Sheik from SSBM or SSBB

Nagi XIII
10-11-2006, 09:34 AM
I'm going as Axel from KH2. AWA 2007 is AWA XIII after all, so Organization XIII cosplay is an absolute MUST for me. If I get the time to work it, I'd really like to do a Timeless River Axel one of the days. ^.^

anduin
10-18-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm going as Ty Lee with a couple of freinds (going as Mai and Azula) from Avatar. I'm acctually not sure if my friends are going, but I am positive. I'm going to do one other costume, and possibly go as Olette again, but I'm not sure yet.

GeminiVirus
10-19-2006, 12:30 PM
I have a Gaia account, and the only thing remotely close to Gaia I met up with at AWA was the fan table in the dealers room.

X.x i was looking forward to that ya know? Oh well..

Kyouko_Takara
12-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Anyone want to be in an Akindo group for the contest?!

Or, want to meet-up for an Ai Yazawa photoshoot? Ill be cosplaying:
Miwako *again*
P-Chan *For the Akindo Group*
and Reira *again*

We need a Shintaru, and a Mariko (body-ko)

For more info, and updates, please PM me, or refer to the thread:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=1570907#post1570907

london2191
12-27-2006, 09:43 PM
My plans have altered slightly. I'm doing ANBU Temari coz' I haven't seen anyone do it, like, ever. Why do I always go for the unknown? =| Anyhow, and Yuniiieee from FFX. And then I'll do Ballroom Temari on Friday for the photoshoot and then wear that same thing to the ball. It's just a kimono and the wig. Hmm...-needs to make a topic for help-

FireFoxxDizzi
01-03-2007, 01:46 AM
Ill be cosplaying as either
-Kitsurubami (FLCL)
-Gidget (Eureka 7)
Ill be my 2nd convention ever^^

Clive-kun
01-10-2007, 09:09 PM
I JUST started on mine for this year (gotta get it done early so I'm not rushing like mad this year). So I'm doing Shelke from Dirge of Cerberus, hopefully with her EM sabers (not so sure about those though...).

djanime2005
01-11-2007, 09:35 AM
i will be cosplaying as Ichigo from bleach and Reno from advent children. that is what i have planned for right now.

london2191
01-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Ah, all the bright colored hair. xDD

Naraku1
01-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Hey Phoenixgate! Looking forward to the photoshoot this week! I cant wait to see your sessy and rin costumes. Perhaps Naraku will have to make a special appearance *plots* It'll be fun to get the whole gang together again! even that Inuyasha 2.0... i guess.... *grins*

london2191
01-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Yep, so plans for now:

Friday: For the sake of the Bleach photoshoot, I'm doing Soi Fong and then changing into Ballroom Temari for the ball.

Saturday: I hope there's a FF photoshoot this day because I'm wearing Summoner Yuna. I'll change into Soi Fong for the contest because that'll be my only handmade costume. Then, I'm changing back into Yuna.

Sunday: ANBU Temari and once again, hopefully there'll be a Naruto photoshoot of the sort on this day.

Hikaruhime
01-21-2007, 04:05 PM
My plans are pretty much set now~

Friday:
EGL Malik Ishtar from Yuugiou during the day. Day and time subject to change depending on the YGO photoshoot.

Sai from Naruto during the evening/night since I *think* that's when we're planning to have a Naruto photoshoot, like last year.

Saturday:
Pride/Vanity from The Seven Deadly Sins during the day.

Raven from Teen Titans during the evening/night. It's possible this may be on Sunday instead, just depending when we do the Teen Titans photoshoot.

Sunday:
Bulma from Dragonball Z until we leave that afternoon. This might get switched with Raven, depending on the Teen Titans photshoot day/time.

london2191
01-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Urg, there's one on Friday? ;_; Well, I'll probably end up coming regardless of the fact that I'm cosplaying as a character from Bleach. xD

BUT YAY SAI. =3 I absolutely LOVE him. Do you have progress pictures?

PhoenixGate
01-21-2007, 05:58 PM
lol, hey, the evil Narako comes out of his slumber! Oooh, and he'll be at the photo shoot! be sure to post on the Georgia Cosplayers thread in Seeking Cosplayers section. I actually have not gotten Sess done. :( SO I will be doing a Bleach character for the shoot though I hope to have it finished by Megacon. Too much to do and so little time. It shall be done by AWA 2007 though. ha, I shall challenge you.

Hikaruhime
01-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Urg, there's one on Friday? ;_; Well, I'll probably end up coming regardless of the fact that I'm cosplaying as a character from Bleach. xD

BUT YAY SAI. =3 I absolutely LOVE him. Do you have progress pictures?

Sai rocks hardcore. XD Yeah, there's a progress picture in my gallery, but it doesn't include his crop top and jacket since I made those afterwards.

There was talk on the AWA forum of Friday around 6 or later, but that could be changed within the next eight months. XD;

london2191
01-21-2007, 07:44 PM
I wish there could be one photoshoot everyday. ;___;

Friday is supposed to be the Bleach photoshoot like last time which is why I planned for it that day. And the Naruto photoshoot was on Saturday last time, right? I s'pose I could always bring all three of my cosplays that day and change for the contest, shoot and then my all-day costume. o.o Urg, that equals three wigs and two overly sized props. O.O Nevermind.

AH. -stamps feet- I'm definitely arranging a photoshoot on Sunday. Or I'll just sit there all by myself.

Hikaruhime: AHh, crop top. =3

PhoenixGate: Which character?

Hikaruhime
01-21-2007, 10:10 PM
I dunno if there was a Naruto photoshoot on Saturday or not. I went to the one Friday at 8pm.

PhoenixGate
01-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Byakuya Kuchiki will be making his status known at AWA! Friday is a good day for me for a Bleach shoot since Sat may be Trinity Blood and all its glory or perhaps a Inuyasha 2.0. I may even have a naruto cosplay by then. ;)

UrMastrInuYasha
01-22-2007, 02:07 PM
I completely forgot about this thread O.o

But yes, I have 2 plans for cosplay, Bridget from GG:xx, and Shuichi (school girl outfit) From gravitation. I may let my friend borrow my InuYasha costume, So if there are any planned IY shoots, let me know so I can get him there.

london2191
01-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Yay for more Bleach on Friday! =] Me (Soi Fong) and Hinamori-chan shall be there as well. =) Once I get started on that costume...

livvylove
01-22-2007, 06:49 PM
We talked it over and decided that instead of going all out and trying to top last years costume we will do something easy since a lot of stuff is suppose to happen this year. So we are going as Ukyo and Ryoga from Ranma 1/2

GoddessRaven
01-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Ill be cosplaying as Ayumi Hamasaki from the ourlseves Pv, Donpatch (human form) and probably Chi or an orginal lolita.

Reamy
01-23-2007, 01:12 AM

Hi Inu-san! I'm currently heading the Gaiaonline thread meet-up. We're currently under construction. I have the banner made and I'm going to start thread set-up soon. I'll be sure to give you the link.

GoddessRaven
01-23-2007, 07:10 AM
Id like the link too if that's possible

CreativeGuy
01-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Pyramid Head or James Sunderland or Squall from Final Fantasy.

london2191
01-23-2007, 05:56 PM
There were loads of Pyramid Head dudes at AWA. I remember sitting in the lobby and like, a billion of them trundled by and people started taking thousands of pictures.

I don't even know what it is or where it's from, but I know the name. Silly London.

Hikaruhime
01-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Pyramid Head is from Silent Hill, if I'm not mistaken--which happens on occasion. XD

CreativeGuy
01-24-2007, 08:31 AM
There were loads of Pyramid Head dudes at AWA. I remember sitting in the lobby and like, a billion of them trundled by and people started taking thousands of pictures.

I don't even know what it is or where it's from, but I know the name. Silly London.

Movie Pyramid Heads? Game Pyramid Heads? Both?

:)

Alessa
01-24-2007, 01:01 PM

lol XD

I will go there too this year.

For about 99,9999% I will wear my Lulu costume for at least one day.

The other days... not sure yet. Maybe I get to make the "Memories of Alessa" costume, then I will wear this one too :D

london2191
01-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Yay, Lulu! I dub her my Ultimate Cosplay. When I ever have a lot of time and courage, I /will/ make her. And then eventually die. xD

Alessa
01-25-2007, 02:12 AM
Oh yes, that costume can KILL you >_< but I'm glad that AWA is not in July or August where it is really hot. The first time I wore it it was 95 F.
Walking with the dark leather outfit in the SUN was even more... "nice"... @,@

Anyhow, I am loking forward to wear my lulu again, even though I want to fix/remake some things first ^^

london2191
01-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Yeahh. There aren't any cons that are really in the direct time of summer. Two are in Fall and then one in Spring. That's all for the cons I know in Georgia.

I would probably wear it regardless of weather if I was dedicated. BUTTT, when I wore it, I probably would complain. xDD

Alessa
01-26-2007, 02:28 AM
Yeahh. There aren't any cons that are really in the direct time of summer. Two are in Fall and then one in Spring. That's all for the cons I know in Georgia.

I would probably wear it regardless of weather if I was dedicated. BUTTT, when I wore it, I probably would complain. xDD

so will I XD *complain complain* "uuuuh, my back hurts! Aaaah, my feet hurt! Oooow my head hurts! Damn, I feel so hot!"
XD XD XD rofl

london2191
01-26-2007, 11:26 PM
xDDD Is the costume, like, super heavy? *sounds like a blonde* xD

Alessa
01-27-2007, 07:10 AM
well, yes. All the pleather and the belts and the corset weigh a lot. Not TOO much but more than normal clothing of course XD

london2191
01-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Eep. Well, I'm sure people will be taking loads of pictures and be stalking you and everything. xD I remember we had a billion people from Dragon*Con following my group around and our costumes weren't even that good. *'cept for a few* =3

Alessa
01-28-2007, 06:55 AM
Yeah, I remember stuff like that from the conventions in Germany. Hundreds of photos taken of my costume, even when I was riding the train to the convention building XD

london2191
01-29-2007, 08:32 PM
xD My friend's mom went to the gas station when we were going to AWA and it was amazing the looks we got.

Popsicle On Ice
01-29-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm cosplaying as Hatsuharu from fruits basket and I was hoping to find a Fruits basket group.

GoddessRaven
01-30-2007, 07:16 AM
xD My friend's mom went to the gas station when we were going to AWA and it was amazing the looks we got.

Hahaha I would imagine. One year after AWA we went to Apple bees in our costumes it was awesome XD

CreativeGuy
01-30-2007, 07:21 AM
This will be my first convention for a long time (unless I find another one or two to go to before attending this one) and I'm really looking forward to meeting/making new friends :D

london2191
01-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Hahaha I would imagine. One year after AWA we went to Apple bees in our costumes it was awesome XD

Me and Christy-chan plan on going to the mall with my Yuna and her Kairi on. xD

Speaking of looks, even at conventions, I'm trying to arrange an ensemble of instruments to play a couple of Final Fantasy songs. =3

Queen Anime 99
02-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Omg. Timeless River Axel sounds awesome! I love original ideas. Last year, I went as Pirate Sora.

My costume ideas:
1. "Princess" Sora from Kingdom Hearts XD
2. Hokuto Umeda from Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
3. Either Conan Edogawa from Case Closed, Mr. K from Gravitation, Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing, Izzy from Digimon, or a Sexy no Jutsu character. :D

I'm going as Axel from KH2. AWA 2007 is AWA XIII after all, so Organization XIII cosplay is an absolute MUST for me. If I get the time to work it, I'd really like to do a Timeless River Axel one of the days. ^.^

phantomthief
02-10-2007, 07:33 PM
2. Hokuto Umeda from Hanazakari no Kimitachi e

... ... ... :eek:

Sorry, love... You may not live past... Basically whenever I spot you ^_______^

HanaKimi is one of my absolute favorite manga. EVER O_O And it's rarely cosplayed! T____T
That would usually be enough to get death mauled by me :3

But nooooooooooooooo... You had to pick UMEDA. On my top 10 list of favorite chracters out of... anything. You WILL get hugged to death!!! XDDDD

*Fangirls everywhere*

Any idea when you're wearing it? I need to find you!!!!!!!!! (And which outfit?)

~Ari-chan

livvylove
02-11-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm going :)

this year we decided to go easy on the costumes so it's going to be Ukyo and Ryoga. We tried to make those for last year but we didn't have enough time to do both of those AND the Jasmine and Aladdin. So this year we want to be able to go to Panels and walk around the con. It was Fun having a popular costume but this year I think we want to be a little Low Key. I might buy a comphy costume on ebay for friday for when we travel up to Atlanta so we can cosplay but I can drive and cosplay. I am hoping for a Bleach cosplay.

london2191
02-11-2007, 11:11 PM
O.M.G. UMEDA. -dies- SOOPERGLOMPOFDOOM. Although my heart belongs to Kayashima-kun, UUU.MEEHHH.DAHHHHH!

AND LOL. I love running around going 'HANAZAKARI NO KIMITACHI HE.' You know that's Hana-Kimi!?!? *weird stares all around*

-joins Phantom-chan's fangirl club-

Ryoga ish from Ranma 1/2, correcto?

livvylove
02-11-2007, 11:29 PM
yep Ryoga and Uyko from Ranma 1/2

Naraku1
02-12-2007, 06:23 PM
me and my friend will also be cosplaying as Ukyo and Ryoga as well as Utena and Akio, and of course, Naraku and Kagome! I'm hoping my other friend joey *cough* you better be reading this man *cough* will bring out his Inuyasha costume at least one more time. Here's for hoping!

Venus Knight
02-13-2007, 12:50 AM
Wow! some people are planning ahead. I have no idea who I will be this year. :eek:
I was Ryoga last year, maybe I should bring it again. I would be fun to have a bunch of ryoga clones running around.

PhoenixGate
02-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Naraku1 - It will be good seeing you again! and bringing out the InuYasha cosplays would be prefect. Maybe I will have Sess done by then...here's to hoping. Just got to get my butt in gear.

london2191
02-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Geeze, everytime someone says Ryoga, I think of L. But that's Ryuga isn't it...and also Ryuzaki. AH. STOP HAVING SO MANY NAMES ERU. -brain asplodes-

Akarui-chan
02-14-2007, 06:16 PM
lol XD Poor London-chan~ *hands you ichigo pocky* Happy valentine's day! ^_^

london2191
02-14-2007, 06:27 PM
-brain unasplodes- Aw, shucks. ^^ Thankies.

Vessa-Sushi
02-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Who knows what I'll be (if I get to go), but hopefully I'll have Pit from Kid Icarus done for the convention ^.^

Speaking of, for those interested: http://www.awa-con.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6734&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Hopefully the link works. It's for the Super Smash Bros: Brawl meetup. I know there has to be some people thinking of doing costumes that could fit into this meetup, and it would be great to fill in the space ^.^ Doubles welcomed too :P (I am pretty sure this spawned from the HUGE Super Mario Bros. photoshoot that happened last AWA, that turned into a Super Smash Bros Melee shoot ^^)

~Vessa

Tensaihime
02-19-2007, 08:57 PM
There was a Mario photoshoot last year? I can't believe I missed that.:bigcry: Man, I hope I run into the Brawl group this year. I doubt my character will make it into the game at this point, but there's still a tiny chance...

loz_kun
03-05-2007, 10:19 PM
gaaaa sai is creepy><O.o

loz_kun
03-21-2007, 12:35 PM
any fma movie goers? or bleach captins goin?

djanime2005
03-21-2007, 01:44 PM
i will be cosplaying Ichigo from bleach.

kiarou
03-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Hmm, well nobody really answered me in the other thread so I'll ask it here xD
Im stuck between going as TJ sasuke or doing zero from code geass. If I do zero, I relize not alot of ppl will recognize who I am or what anime its from, thats alright. But then theres the other extreme, i have this feeling we will be seeing alot of TJ sasukes this year at AWA. so opinons? anyone :)

Hikaruhime
03-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Oh yes, TJ Sasuke will be a staple this year, I can feel it. XD He's so damn cool lately; no one can help it. :3 kiarou, just do whichever character you're more into right now?

london2191
03-23-2007, 11:00 PM
-clings to Kiarou- WOAH. TJ Sasuke-kun, tops. Your Sasuke is extremely accurate, so don't fret.

kiarou
03-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Oh yes, TJ Sasuke will be a staple this year, I can feel it. XD He's so damn cool lately; no one can help it. :3 kiarou, just do whichever character you're more into right now?
ah, ill probly do both, TJ sasuke for the friday photoshoot and zero on saterday :D

-clings to Kiarou- WOAH. TJ Sasuke-kun, tops. Your Sasuke is extremely accurate, so don't fret.
lol thanks :D

Blue-Eyed Devil
04-21-2007, 03:12 AM
I'm going to be going as an older, desert nomad/rockstar kinda Gaara. I saw a fanpic of it once:) and Possibly Renji. However None of my friends are into anime. I've been to AWA three years in a row and I'm too quite to make any friends. If anyone would be willing to have a Renji/Garra tag along please let me know.

london2191
04-21-2007, 08:18 AM
xD Just come along to the photoshoots for Naruto and Bleach and you'll be picked up right away, I'm pretty sure.

Weren't you doing a Kenshin cosplay last year? I think I remember seeing your avatar...

Hikaruhime
04-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Blue-Eyed Devil~

If you go to the Naruto photoshoot on Friday, find the Sai and glomp. That'll be me. XDD ...You may not be able to get rid of me for a little while though. :3

london2191
04-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Hikaruhimeeeeeeeh: I'ma not goin' to the shoot, but if I find you around, kin I glomp you? =^^=

purejade
04-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Right now I am working on Sakura from Tsubasa the Koriyo Manga Editon

I'm also working on Re-doing my Auron costume for the Final Fantasy Photo Shoot.

Finally I am making a Jessica from Dragon Quest VIII that I am excited about playing.

Have you ever made a decision on what you are going to go as then all the sudden you start watching an anime, and you fall in love with a character and you start drooling ......... Oh Shuurei from Saiunkoku Monogatari.

Yeah I have a cosplay lab profile to keep track of the costumes I've done and the one's I want to do

http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/detail.asp?memberid=3868

london2191
04-22-2007, 09:49 PM
lol, you should transfer all that info to C.C

Yeah, the ball thread hasn't been updated currently, so I'll just post here. My ball plans have been officially decided. If you read Hana-Kimi, you /should/ recognize. I'll post a few pics tho'.

Hikaruhime
04-22-2007, 11:04 PM
But of course, london! XP

purejade, I know what you mean. I make quick use of Cosplaylab's Scheduler. :3

phantomthief
04-23-2007, 12:10 AM
Yes yes!!! That was the funniest scene X3

~Ari-chan

london2191
04-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Hikaruhime: -squeals- Kyahh! xD

Ari-chan: What scene? o.O

Stitches
04-24-2007, 01:09 PM
♥ I'll be returning as Ichigo from Katamari Damacy, only hopefully this time around I'll get to fixing the head so I can actually SEE out of it and walk around with it on. Haha.

I'm also toying with the idea of constructing a Katamari - the actual 'ball'.

(This is a longshot) Any other Katamari cosplayers coming? Maybe? Please~?
If so, PM me!

NiGHTmaren
04-26-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm really hoping to go, but I can't place any gaurantees. If so, I'll probably be bringing the following

1) New Amano Rydia - Final Fantasy IV
2) Pitt (Super Smash Brother Brawl) - SSBB
3) Haruhi Fujioka (Manga Wonderland Version) - Ouran High School Host Club

Probably a few others, but well, you get the idea, lol.

Envel
04-26-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm really hoping to go, but I can't place any gaurantees. If so, I'll probably be bringing the following

1) New Amano Rydia - Final Fantasy IV
2) Pitt (Super Smash Brother Brawl) - SSBB
3) Haruhi Fujioka (Manga Wonderland Version) - Ouran High School Host Club

Probably a few others, but well, you get the idea, lol.

I want to see the Rydia! Bwah!

My cosplay plans for AWA are unstable right now. It depends on how Otakon goes. >_>

phantomthief
04-26-2007, 08:16 PM
Ari-chan: What scene? o.O

The Christmas ball with the boys (and Mizuki >.>) in dresses X3

~Ari-chan

purejade
04-26-2007, 11:46 PM
My house is slowly recovering from what I call "Huricane Anime Florida". I might actually work on my costumes in May. I'm a teacher so I have the entire summer though Muhahaha. My 2 year old will let me sew for a little while each day before he starts depanding Mommy time so my progress is at a turtles pace.

london2191
04-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Ari-chan: xD Ah, the christmas dance party. I'm really sad that all my Hana-Kimi cosplayers already have plans for the ball so they can't come with me. >< I'd really love to have a Kadoma or a Nakao. -grimacegrimace-

Queen Anime 99
04-29-2007, 01:07 AM
Dude, I MAY be going to the AWA ball, so I would love to hang out with you as I have no friends. -_- If I can't do Princess Kairi, I could do Nakao in a random dress. :D

Ari-chan: xD Ah, the christmas dance party. I'm really sad that all my Hana-Kimi cosplayers already have plans for the ball so they can't come with me. >< I'd really love to have a Kadoma or a Nakao. -grimacegrimace-

IX.DemyxIsMyBoi
04-29-2007, 01:58 AM
I'll probably be Kisame for Friday and Saturday. PJ Kisame affter 8:00p.m. Any Akatsuki wanna meet-up?

london2191
04-29-2007, 01:32 PM
-squees- Nakao-chan! =3

Senliten
05-16-2007, 01:04 PM
I know its a definite i'm going to be going as Inuyasha. and My girlfriend as Kagome, I had planned Friday to be Inuyasha with just his Tetsaiga in its sheath. Saturday would be the Transformed Tetsaiga. and Sunday would either be Inuyasha in human form. or may do a original character concept i had which i may do if i have the time to start a new outfit after i finish up Inuyashas outfit.

My girlfriend is going kagome all 3 days due to the fact she has her outfit done. and refuses to go anything else. even wont go and make a different style kagome outfit. Ill try to convince her but it may be the same outfit all 3 days which is kagome's school girl uniform.

phantomthief
05-17-2007, 12:00 AM
I'll probably be Kisame for Friday and Saturday. PJ Kisame affter 8:00p.m. Any Akatsuki wanna meet-up?

My Kisame and I should be in our PJs after the Ball on Friday, Saturday Morning, and after the contest Saturday night ^_^

~Ari-chan

lady_rose_eyes
05-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Hey, minna-san! This'll be my third awa. Last year I went as Belldandy. That was the first time I'd made part of the costume myself. This time, I might be getting in over my head, but I plan to make shinigami outfits for myself and my boyfriend. I'll be Nanao. He'll be Aizen. Such fun! :)

Athame
05-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Does anyone want to have a BJD meet-up? I have a tiny one, she's really cute. I named her Emi. She's 14cm!
-Jecci [[<3]]

london2191
05-17-2007, 09:41 PM
BJD?

I think I just added another original cosplay. Child Namine? =D She has a giant pencil with a notepad. Pleated or flowy blue skirt, white cami, shoesies, and a bunch of paopu jewelery and accessories.

Athame
05-18-2007, 07:05 AM
oh, you know......Ball Joint Doll? they are cast out of resin and made in a variety of sizes and by lots of different companies. They're really cute and fully custumizable! But REALLY expensive. They mostly come from japan, korea, and some other asian places. It's not really an anime, but people have meet-ups all the time and take pictures of other people's BJDs in their cosplay (or regular clothes if they don't have costumes for them)

-Jecci [[<3]]

london2191
05-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Oh yeah, Dollfies and stuff. xD Hahah, they had a panel on that at Momocon, methinks. I dunno if it's popular here tho'...

phantomthief
05-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Ooooooooooooh yeah... There was a crowd of them outside the "Battle Rock, Paper, Scizzors" room ^_^

~Ari-chan

Athame
05-19-2007, 12:33 AM
Is there a thread on here about it or can I make one? I just wanna make sure there isn't.
-Jecci [[<3]]

london2191
05-19-2007, 01:51 PM
I don't believe there is, so go ahead. =D

Hikaruhime
05-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Now I don't know if I get to come this year... I can only come if Northwest Airlines will allow me to transfer my current plane ticket to go straight to Atlanta instead of Birmingham since I had a falling out with my friend, and I refuse to go with her now. I was looking forward to my third AWA. T___T

london2191
05-19-2007, 10:22 PM
AW. ;__; Falling out with friends is never good...you guys should make up. =[

Amechan
05-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Yip..Ashe from Final Fantasy XII most likely..anyone got a gaia account? i missed the meet at AWA.

I have a Gaia account, and I went to the meet up last year and the year before. But I didn't even see the fan table in the dealer's room. XD

Hatake_Kakashi
05-21-2007, 05:35 PM
I am going! It will be my first con too. I am cosplaying as Hinamori Momo from Bleach and crossplaying Kakashi Hatake from Naruto Saturday and Sunday.
I am also bringing some family and friends to finish off Team 7 and to have other cosplayers.
Did you guys see the Hard Gay last year? It was my sister's bf's friend. Her boyfriend was the generic soldier. lol if you havent seen the video, search "Hard Gay AWA" on YouTube.

Well, I hope to see everyone there and get a look at all the wonderful cosplays!

Himemiya
06-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Bwahaha! Himemiya returns! I haven't been to AWA since 2003!

I'll be cosplaying Haruhi, Emi from DDR supernova, Ryomou from Ikkitousen, and Aika from KAMUI (not the normal outfit, thought). I have an open spot for friday night, I'm not sure if I'm going to the ball or not...

london2191
06-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Defu go to the ball. o.o It'll be amazingorz!

ChickenDoughnut
06-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Yayzi for me, First time at AWA I'll be cosplaying 4 times:) I hope to meet up with some of you there, I don't want to be by my lonesome.

My cosplay plans consist of:
......Kinya Kotani [Sweet Sweet Samba PV]
.....Blind Riku [Kingdom Hearts]
....Zed Amil Gaoul Version [Kiba]
...Yuffie [FF:AC version]
OR/ALSO
Kouno Toru If I get it done in time :/ [Princess Princess]

london2191
06-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Whoot Riku!

ChickenDoughnut
06-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Whoot Riku!

:D Whoot Riku is right! If only I can figure out this darn wig >_< White, Silver, Light Blue Who knows what his color is. [Pulls out hair]

london2191
06-05-2007, 01:30 PM
I suggest the Kanekalon beast in Lily from Amphigory. It's white but has shades of other kinda things. -nods- Ari-chan used it as well as some other girl I forgot.

There was also another Riku and she got a white wig and sharpie dyed light blue, pink and purple into her wig as little highlights and tints. I think it's just a mix so either the wig above or you could use light blue and silver sharpie highlights onto your wig if that doesn't satisfy you.

ChickenDoughnut
06-05-2007, 08:47 PM
I suggest the Kanekalon beast in Lily from Amphigory. It's white but has shades of other kinda things. -nods- Ari-chan used it as well as some other girl I forgot.

There was also another Riku and she got a white wig and sharpie dyed light blue, pink and purple into her wig as little highlights and tints. I think it's just a mix so either the wig above or you could use light blue and silver sharpie highlights onto your wig if that doesn't satisfy you.

Oooh! Thanks for the reply I wasn't expecting anyone to reply to that ^^ Well I already found a place that sells good wigs I just can't figure out the color seeing that Riku's hair is Ether a light blue http://home.midsouth.rr.com/hollynayru/images/kh2-riku.jpgor Silverwhite-ish.http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/AlcorBado/KH2/Riku4.jpg
Like I see cosplayers with this hair most of the time::

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=622565

http://www.keiichianimeforever.com/images/cosplayoftheweek/kingdom_hearts_-_riku.tn.jpg

And then I've seen this really good riku cosplayer::
http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?media=http%3A%2F%2Fi78.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2 Fj86%2FXRockerxBunnyX%2Fcosplay%2Fscosplay2fe.jpg&searchTerm=Riku%20cosplay&pageOffset=3

So what color do you think I should get?
1.http://cyperous.com/images/CFST-40-600.jpg

2.http://cyperous.com/images/CFST-40-1900.jpg

3.http://cyperous.com/images/CFST-40-911.jpg

london2191
06-05-2007, 10:22 PM
I would definitely say the second one, but who's that seller? =O I would only order from Amphigory *which I do*, Cosworx or a few select ebay-ers such as the seller Zhenna0036. She has unbelievable prices and the quality is amazing. I keep with my suggestions tho'.

ChickenDoughnut
06-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Ah! Thank-you I was afraid to try a light blue seening many people will think it's not riku [Shrugs] Um the seller is from a japanese site: cyperous.com

Hey I got a Kinya Brown wig from Zhenna it was awesome! I also ordered about 6 wigs from Ebay [all wonderful sellers] But the one riku wig I got was wavy and when I went to straighten it it fryed it up, So I found this site and saw how straight, Real and Straighen-able [Not a word] there wigs are So what the heck^^ I'll shoot if I miss I'll get over it :P

london2191
06-06-2007, 01:06 AM
How'd you straighten it? -hopes to god you didn't use an actual hair straightener-

Nyarrr, I wouldn't order from them. My opinion, at least. A lot of it isn't in english and I haven't heard of them before nor have I heard of anyone ordering from them. If you've ordered from them and it's fine, then by all means, go ahead, but it's still questionable to me. D=

phantomthief
06-06-2007, 01:37 AM

*raises hand* Actually... I used the Linda in 60 silver/white X3

Aaaanywho, if you're going for in-game, go for #3. He definately has those blue tones. However, for FMV or artwork, #2.
With 3 there's a slight chance of getting tackled as a Zexion, but there shouldn't be too much trouble as long as you have the blindfold.

Crazy game designers X3

~Ari-chan

delicatexflower
06-06-2007, 01:45 AM
In regards to Zhenna0036, is the wig quality really that good? I've considered buying from them multiple times, but in their pictures the wigs look so thin. o.o;

london2191
06-06-2007, 03:01 AM
Delicatexflower: The quality is so niceeee. I got the Ada from Amphigory and another wig from Zhenna and Zhenna's quality is so much nicer. It's so soooofffftt. -rubs face against wig- It is true their wigs are thin, but if you have the chance of adding wefts or your hair isn't noticeable underneath the wig, get it. o.o

Ari-chan: Oh you did? I thought you posted that you used something else in that one thread...hurrr. =D

delicatexflower
06-06-2007, 09:27 AM
London: Haha, the way you make it sound has convinced me to buy a wig I've been eyeing for awhile now from Zhenna . =3 I just hope it isn't too thin to the point I won't be able to style it.

Wig (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110119767436&rd=1&rd=1)

london2191
06-06-2007, 02:37 PM
If you're styling it in an updo, it won't work. o.o And you'll need a really good wig cap if you have pitch-black hair with that pink wig. But yay you!

Queen Anime 99
06-06-2007, 11:07 PM
You could always dye your hair pink so it blends in with the wig. XD <--- I'm that crazy.

London: Haha, the way you make it sound has convinced me to buy a wig I've been eyeing for awhile now from Zhenna . =3 I just hope it isn't too thin to the point I won't be able to style it.

Wig (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110119767436&rd=1&rd=1)

phantomthief
06-06-2007, 11:36 PM
You could always dye your hair pink so it blends in with the wig. XD <--- I'm that crazy.

Crazy? Whaddya mean crazy? XD *attaches picture*

london2191
06-07-2007, 01:02 AM
Ari-chan=god

Um, but if you're not crazy, I wouldn't suggest dying pink. >< Because you have to bleach it to get it light, nee? And then dye it. And it's just for a wig. =O

phantomthief
06-07-2007, 04:37 AM
XDDDDDD Yeah, had to bleach it twice before dyeing ^_^
Definately not suggested if you're just gonna wear a wig over it :3

~Ari-chan

loz_kun
06-07-2007, 02:28 PM
is any1 wanting me to bring a spacific costume? iv got a few^^;;
Sephiroth - Advent Children
Xaldin - KH2
Fierce Deity Link - Majaros mask original art
christmas link - ....durr
Anti-sora - KH2
Temaki - ouran high school host club
Nekosawa - ouran high school host club
"mad hatter" temaki - ouran high school host club
Sosuke Aizen (arrancar) -Bleach
Kyoraku -Bleach
Fuhrer King Bradley/ Wrath - FMA Manga
Hohenheim of Light (shambala) - FMA movie
Sanji - onepiece
Comandore smoker - onepiece
Irvine (kh3 model) - suspected KH3
Shippuuden Naruto -Naruto shippuuden
Slayer - Guilty Gear X2

***more may be added soon, depending on time and money constraints***

london2191
06-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Well, first, it's Tamaki from Ouran Host. =D But besides that, I'd vote Anti-Sora, Sepiroth, or Xaldin. I've never seen a good Sepiroth *only one with a bad wig and horrible acne* or a Xaldin. I'd say go with the most unusual ones...? =O

loz_kun
06-07-2007, 02:51 PM
XD welli went to awa last year and sephiroth was my only costume. all the other sephys named me the "best of show sephy" lol even though my wigs bangs were down and not pushed upXD. and not really unusual, just the hard onesXD anti-sora is a deffinate. im bringing it 100%, that and sanji, Fierce deity link, Temaki, hohenheim and Kyoraku.

phantomthief
06-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Sosuke Aizen (arrancar) -Bleach

Did I ever mention that he's freakin smexy? XDDDDDDDDD

~Ari-chan

loz_kun
06-07-2007, 04:29 PM
XD when he first put his hair back i thought "damn if i was gay id be all over that bishie" XD

london2191
06-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Hahahah. =D The more I think about AWA, the more I get excited just to interact with everyone. Last year, I barely even talked to anyone. O.O I think it was just overwhelmingness of going to my first anime con. Hoooh.

loz_kun
06-07-2007, 04:32 PM
XD well london-chan. dont worry^^ the only thing you need to Phear is me....i.....will....glomp....thee....XD

loz_kun
06-07-2007, 04:32 PM
...unless you come as yuna....i hate her...then ill be Phearing you><

delicatexflower
06-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Oh, you should definately do Tamaki from Ouran. ^_^ There's a thread someone on here in which they're looking for a Tamaki to complete their Ouran cosplay group for AWA. They have all the characters except for him. =3

london2191
06-07-2007, 06:36 PM
-hurrrhurrr- Except it says in my signature that I'm doing Yuna. I don't see why there's anything wrong with her. o.O

Guesseth whattt!? I bought my Namine wig today. =3 And some wig caps and wig heads...but anyhow, yay wigs!

loz_kun
06-07-2007, 06:36 PM
hmm, i looked but coldnt find 1, so i started an ouran thread on the awa forums.