PDA

View Full Version : [Guys only ^^] Girls+cosplay, what do you want out of it?

Pages : [1] 2

Muyami-sama
09-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Girls already got this, but I wanna know, what would you like to see a girl cosplay as?

Honestly, I'd like to see Rushuna from Grenadier, but I doubt any girl would dres up like her >.> . A'd also like to see any of the FF gals.

What about you? tell me what you think you'd like to see.

Transgression
09-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Anything from Burst Angel. Forget the general slutty costumes, I just loved the characters.

Loran Cehack
09-28-2006, 08:30 PM
More classic Gundam and other mecha girls... I'm getting just a weeeee bit tired of all these Lacus cosplayers...

sektor_ki
09-28-2006, 09:43 PM
dude!! i will trow blood from my nose if i see a "Fairy injection lily" from yugioh card

if only my girlfriend could cosplay it:angel2:

meowl
09-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Steel angels, ROD TV, Tenchi Muyo gals.

MintyFreshNinja
09-28-2006, 10:18 PM
dude!! i will trow blood from my nose if i see a "Fairy injection lily" from yugioh card

lol!

the chix from tenjo tenge.:bigtu:

Koda89
09-28-2006, 10:33 PM
Anything.........why? Well...because I think almost 100% of all female anime characters(humanoid, atleast) are hot.

YukiFrost
09-28-2006, 10:54 PM
OH!
so many costumes to choose from...
I'm definitely going to go through these pages and find out what guys most want to see^^

thanks guys. This really helps in planning my next costume :D

AJREDDSON
09-28-2006, 11:05 PM
Trati Keppa Miryia PIRANO-STERLING. In a dress uniform skirt. ***pant pant pant pant***

Adonai
09-29-2006, 05:10 AM
on a hot girl anything skimpy and revealing.... as long as I’m not wearing something revealing... that would be rather weird

Lisu-chan
09-29-2006, 05:28 AM

I know it said Guys only, but.... OMG That was actually on my to cosplay list... Hmmmm Maybe I should do the costume... don't know if I can pull it off!...

Spetsnaz
09-29-2006, 10:29 AM
I'm usually fond of the Rikkus. I dont know why, and no it's not just the FFX-2 Thief. I like all of them.

Usually because the girls who cosplay Rikku are fun to be around and hyper and such. It sort of just makes me laugh and in general, bring a strange spice into the experience.

But if a Rikku is too hyper then someone needs to shove her into a closet for an hour to calm down. Haha.

Of course I always find it neat to see some girls cosplaying the female characters from Metal Gear Solid as well.

smirko
09-29-2006, 02:36 PM
It's always nice to see a Faye Valentine with huge...tracts of land.:angel2:

AJREDDSON
09-29-2006, 03:30 PM
I wasn't looking at that.

Shei Valentine
09-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Girls already got this, but I wanna know, what would you like to see a girl cosplay as?

Honestly, I'd like to see Rushuna from Grenadier, but I doubt any girl would dres up like her >.> . A'd also like to see any of the FF gals.

GIRL INVADES YOUR THREAD!!
I'm planning a Rushuna cosplay ^^ I have the rack for it!

VincentEternal
09-29-2006, 04:18 PM
I lurvz Paine from Final Fantasy X-2! *drools at thigh-high black leather boots*

Aphexmatt
09-29-2006, 04:37 PM
One word, three letters...

Lum.

Muyami-sama
09-29-2006, 05:49 PM
GIRL INVADES YOUR THREAD!!
I'm planning a Rushuna cosplay ^^ I have the rack for it!
I wanna see that! ^_^

Shei Valentine
09-29-2006, 06:12 PM
I wanna see that! ^_^
Well, I'm not sure how quickly it's gonna get done. I've got a couple DoA costumes I'm working on now. It's in planning stages (as in, trying to find good fabrics, going to the gym to slim down/tone up, searching for a good wig, figuring out exactly HOW to make the damn thing and such). I've only seen two other Rushuna costumes. One was really good, but the colors were off a little. The other was not so good, complete with fraying seams and the girl chose to hide her "assets". I'm sorry, but to cosplay Rushuna, modesty has to be thrown out the window. Since doing my Lei Fang costume, I've been a little more comfortable with showing a necessary amount of cleavage.

Whether or not I learn how to bounce bullets off my chest and load them into a gun hasn't been decided yet, either :angel2:

raging_otaku69
09-29-2006, 06:43 PM
More classic Gundam and other mecha girls... I'm getting just a weeeee bit tired of all these Lacus cosplayers...

sorry im a chick but XD im going a Kihel cosplay for Chicago film festival this year =3

New Age Jesus
09-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Seeing as other girls are invading the thread, I might as well mention that I'm doing a Tatyana Cosume as well as the Boss' (pre and post defect, hopefully). And maybe Meryl's...and Sniper Wolf...okay, so maybe I'm a little obsessed with Metal Gear. I was planning to do Emi from Tenjou Tenge, but I decided not because I lack the proper body.

bakashinobi
09-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Gundam girls, you know those girls dressed in those gundam hybrid suits o_o and hrmm, Totoro. Why not? o_O

And maybe some FFTA characters o_o;

Trumby
09-29-2006, 11:15 PM
Hmm..more Outlaw Star cosplayers would be awesome. I've only ever seen Melfina cosplayed in real life. I'd love to see a Hot Ice Hilda, though.

There was an amazing Maestro Delphine (Last Exile) at Kumoricon this year..that was awesome.

Mahoro or really any of the Mahoromatic girls would be cool to see.

Ohh, any of the Galaxy Angels. I love that show.

Prodigiosus
09-29-2006, 11:38 PM
Arcueid Brunestud and any other character from Tsukihime.

SycoTik
09-30-2006, 01:35 AM
Anything.........why? Well...because I think almost 100% of all female anime characters(humanoid, atleast) are hot.

I would have to agree.

BUT if I had to choose on the one's I'd like to really see, then I'd say Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop, Felicia from Dark Stalkers, Kusanagi Motoko from Ghost in the Shell S.A.C and Sakuya Kumashiro from Tenchi in Tokyo.

And yes, Im a perv, SUE ME :p

EverEvolvingGrl
09-30-2006, 01:49 AM
So this thread can be summed up by this: The less costume you are actually wearing the more guys like it.....
I actually came in here thinking I was going to learn something *hangs head* its good to know that guys that like anime are still....guys.

PS: Girls! We already knew all this! They aren't spilling any secrets!

Muyami-sama
09-30-2006, 07:09 AM
Hey, I'd like to see it, but some of the other costumes where the gal's fully covered is fine with me, I just like to see them in general.

Plague Rabbit
09-30-2006, 09:58 AM
The world needs more Integra.

Muyami-sama
09-30-2006, 10:00 AM
lol, sorry I'm hyper and that sount funny

Artikgato
09-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Hmm..more Outlaw Star cosplayers would be awesome. I've only ever seen Melfina cosplayed in real life. I'd love to see a Hot Ice Hilda, though.

I've gone as Twilight Suzuka for the past two years to Animazement. ^^ Sorry, another girl has invaded your thread.

Muyami-sama
09-30-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm so glad people don't listen to me.....*Sarcasim*

Prodigiosus
09-30-2006, 12:00 PM
The world needs more Integra.

i am with you on that.

Aleera
09-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Gundam girls, you know those girls dressed in those gundam hybrid suits o_o and hrmm, Totoro. Why not? o_O

And maybe some FFTA characters o_o;
I've always wanted to do Ritz and maybe her comrade friend. I have a lot on my plate but somewhere down the road.

AncientWanderer
09-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Hmm...well I'm a gal myself, but let's just say that I can appreciate a girl just as much as I can a guy. ;) So I guess it's still somewhat appropriate for me to post here.

At the risk of sounding like a pervy gawker....Lulu's and Seras' are both pretty high up on my list. Not just for how they look on girls, but also because the designs of them are awesome (haha, escaped some of my perviness!) The silver-haired trio from Advent Children is, ironically enough, also something I love to see the ladies crossplay. Maybe it's because they're already so pretty lol.

It's weird, because I've been on both the side of the looker and the lookee. I try not to be superficial about it, but if she's right there then it gets difficult. :P

The Partisan
09-30-2006, 02:28 PM
[deleted]

Lisu-chan
09-30-2006, 03:27 PM
You mean walking around with a red wig pasted on your boobs... mmm right-o.. I think those are hard to find! (Not that I mean whoever would do it is slutty or anything, I just don't have the approiate body, and I don't think there're some on this planet...) Nor does it seem comfortable... glue, or any type of sticky material on your skin is... basically... painful... other then that, keep the suggestions coming! (I'm honestly interested!)

Prodigiosus
09-30-2006, 03:44 PM
I maybe be flame for saying this but I like it went girls cosplay leave something for the imagination. Because the style of the cloths can make you or brake you.

Kitsune_Akita
09-30-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm usually fond of the Rikkus. I dont know why, and no it's not just the FFX-2 Thief. I like all of them.

Usually because the girls who cosplay Rikku are fun to be around and hyper and such. It sort of just makes me laugh and in general, bring a strange spice into the experience.

But if a Rikku is too hyper then someone needs to shove her into a closet for an hour to calm down. Haha.

Of course I always find it neat to see some girls cosplaying the female characters from Metal Gear Solid as well.

Lucky lucky. You've got a future Kingdom Hearts 2 Rikku in your midst!
Its in the making, so look out for it!
[Yet again, another girl tresspassing.]

DarkReflection
09-30-2006, 06:48 PM
I guess I could say I'd like the girl's costume to be fairly well constructed, I'm not a fan of day-before-con made costumes. If the character has an 'odd' hair color or hair style, adding a wig would be a giant plus in my book. Lastly, if the costume has a prop, please have it for me? Maybe? Maybe not? At least I asked. I'm nit-picky about the weaponry or props, also women with swords or anything of the such is a 'd(^_^d)'. You know Hell hath no fury, than a woman with a weapon, but looking great having one?

EverEvolvingGrl- So this thread can be summed up by this: The less costume you are actually wearing the more guys like it.....
I actually came in here thinking I was going to learn something *hangs head* its good to know that guys that like anime are still....guys.

I would like to disagree with you, if you don't mind. Personally, The less of a costume a girl wears, the more I feel disgusted. Sure, 'all guys' get turned on off of 'risque' cosplays, good for them, not for me. I can honestly say that skimmpy does not equal sexy. Yes I am the 'nice-guy who finishes last' male and I am still looking for a girlfriend, sadly. If you girls want to cosplay as those chars. still, more power to you, I won't die if you do that. But be considerate, I don't want to walk in to a convention and run into some girl with a full view of clevage sticking out for the world to see, I'd take my shirt off my back and hand it to you INSISTING you wear it, and wear it now! I'd like to post more, but I think I ranted randomly enough for today.

J Ryoga
09-30-2006, 08:19 PM
(takes out a scroll and unfurls it) It's about time I got to use this.

Hinata Hyuuga - Her hairstyle is way cute. The soft voice and shy demeanor can bring some guys to their knees.

Temari - Two words: "Nice catch." :toothy: But seriously, something about the hair, and the fact that she carries a giant fan. Girls who can kick butt are always a plus.

Cammy - Again, like the hair. Shadaloo uniform is great, especially with any color variations (lime green, pink, purple, etc.) Her gloves look really badass too.

Aeris (FF7) - Red outfit with brown braided hair. NICE.

Tifa (AC or KH2) - The long, jet-black hair is cool. Her FF7 outfit was nice, but something about the all-black, "all-business" attire reminds me of The Matrix. Yep, I'm a Matrix fan.

Pirotess - From Record of Lodoss Wars. A dark elf in white battle attire. Sweet. And I dig the fact that she's totally loyal to one guy.

Thank you, whoever made this thread. People seem to get offended when I talk about girls, so this was a HUGE load off my back. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to raid the Girls thread. Try and stop me. :toothy:

SycoTik
09-30-2006, 10:25 PM
(takes out a scroll and unfurls it) It's about time I got to use this.

Hinata Hyuuga - Her hairstyle is way cute. The soft voice and shy demeanor can bring some guys to their knees.

Temari - Two words: "Nice catch." :toothy: But seriously, something about the hair, and the fact that she carries a giant fan. Girls who can kick butt are always a plus.

Cammy - Again, like the hair. Shadaloo uniform is great, especially with any color variations (lime green, pink, purple, etc.) Her gloves look really badass too.

Aeris (FF7) - Red outfit with brown braided hair. NICE.

Tifa (AC or KH2) - The long, jet-black hair is cool. Her FF7 outfit was nice, but something about the all-black, "all-business" attire reminds me of The Matrix. Yep, I'm a Matrix fan.

Pirotess - From Record of Lodoss Wars. A dark elf in white battle attire. Sweet. And I dig the fact that she's totally loyal to one guy.

Thank you, whoever made this thread. People seem to get offended when I talk about girls, so this was a HUGE load off my back. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to raid the Girls thread. Try and stop me. :toothy:

I must agree with the one about Hinata. :toothy:

The Partisan
09-30-2006, 10:37 PM
You know what. I retract my previous post. I spoke hastily and out of turn. My apoligies.

Miss.AllSunday
10-01-2006, 12:18 AM
lol!

the chix from tenjo tenge.:bigtu:
Maya Natsume cosplayer!*waves hand* i love that costume i get to be sexy for awhie in it XD

Miss.AllSunday
10-01-2006, 12:20 AM
I lurvz Paine from Final Fantasy X-2! *drools at thigh-high black leather boots*
i was thinking about doing her kh2 outfit but i chose yuna instead even tho i want the adorible wings of doom >.> anyways

other character with thigh high black boots i lov eto see girls cosplay:
water7 nico robin
rider

(im a girl yes but i love seeing girls in these they are jsut awsome costumes )

AJREDDSON
10-01-2006, 01:31 AM
¿Does “nothing”count as a costume?`

Miyabi-
10-01-2006, 01:57 AM
Ladies, ladies...you can't come in here and gripe about what the guys want to see, when we ourselves have been slobbering over what we want to see in the other thread. ^_^

Let them have their fan-drooling too!

CherryBomb
10-01-2006, 02:27 AM
I agree! The girls are talking about loving guys with bare chests but then they come onto the 'guys only' side and become offended at everything the guys are saying! Leave them alone for petes sake!:razz:

TwilightFairy
10-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Cosplay's on a girl hmm.

Shiva from FF10

Misty from Pokemon (best excuse to wear suspenders and a belly shirt!)

I love anyone who can crossplay as the SHM from advent children (Silver Haired men)

Also if any one can pull of Sonia from Fire emblem. Sexy with clothes on!
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h11/Kyle1793/?action=view&current=Sonia.jpg

Lust and Sloths from FMA aren't too bad.

(*another girl invades*)

Muyami-sama
10-01-2006, 10:16 AM
No, get real.

sektor_ki
10-01-2006, 10:23 AM
i have something to complain

THIS IS A GUYS ONLY THREAD!!! DAMNN

respect us and we will respect all of you

anyway... im agree the idea of "nothing" xD i saw one day a photo of a asian chii cosplayer without any clothes *0* jajaj but she was using something like pantys or stuff to cover her body

you should saw the face of the frikis xD JAJAJA priceless jajajaj

anyway i want also a CUTE HONEY but after battle *inserte evil face here*

AJREDDSON
10-01-2006, 10:46 AM
No, get real.¡Awww, you’re no fun!

J Ryoga
10-01-2006, 04:08 PM
OK, I've had the night to give it some thought, and you know what I'd really like to see? A girl who cosplays someone from the same series that I'm cosplaying. When I cosplay Sasuke, she's cosplaying Sakura, Hinata or even Naruto (female Naruto cosplayer = has a personality) When I cosplay Riku, she's cosplaying Kairi, Aeris, Tifa or Sora. When I cosplay Heero, she's cosplaying Releena or Duo (let's face it, girls can pull off the whole "braid-longer-than-my-arm" deal better than any guy ever will.) I really don't care if a girl is crossplaying, as long as it's not to the point of ridiculousness. It's all about the common interests. A girl that clearly likes the same anime or game that I do. That's what I want to see.

Trumby
10-01-2006, 05:07 PM
So this thread can be summed up by this: The less costume you are actually wearing the more guys like it.....

PS: Girls! We already knew all this! They aren't spilling any secrets!
Not all of us..O.o None of the people I listed wear skimpy outfits.
I've gone as Twilight Suzuka for the past two years to Animazement. ^^ Sorry, another girl has invaded your thread.
Ohh, that is cool. I might be going to Animazement next year..and may have a Twilight Suzuka crossplay by that time ^-^

Angathol
10-01-2006, 06:10 PM
I've heard that a lot of guys are into the Evangelion girls (especially Rei and Asuka) and girls from other giant robot series. Is there an inkling of truth to this? :3

Transgression
10-01-2006, 07:12 PM
OMG JACKPOT

The Partisan
10-01-2006, 07:35 PM
I've heard that a lot of guys are into the Evangelion girls (especially Rei and Asuka) and girls from other giant robot series. Is there an inkling of truth to this? :3

I'm a dude, but I've been wondering this as well. The Eva girls (Asuka and Rei) seem to hold some sort of royal, almost "divine" status of adoration and fanbase among the anime community. I've often wondered what it is that sets them apart specifically from all the many other thousands of anime chicks out there.

Angathol
10-01-2006, 07:39 PM
I'm a dude, but I've been wondering this as well. The Eva girls (Asuka and Rei) seem to hold some sort of royal, almost "divine" status of adoration and fanbase among the anime community. I've often wondered what it is that sets them apart specifically from all the many other thousands of anime chicks out there.

Maybe it's partially because of Evangelion's status as a classic anime, but I'm slightly creeped out by the fact that both girls are supposed to be 14 (or so I've been told), and yet they've been hentai-ified up the wazoo. o_O If you look them up on Google Image Search... oh dear.

VincentEternal
10-01-2006, 08:29 PM

People tend to gravitate towards damaged things. And Asuka and Rei are two of the most screwed up girls in anime that I know of. (Lucy from Elfen Lied is up there, too.) They are both products of extreme physical and mental anguish. Seeing them go through this genuinely makes you want to reach out and try to save them. I think this might be part of the big attraction to them.

Angathol
10-01-2006, 08:32 PM
People tend to gravitate towards damaged things. And Asuka and Rei are two of the most screwed up girls in anime that I know of. (Lucy from Elfen Lied is up there, too.) They are both products of extreme physical and mental anguish. Seeing them go through this genuinely makes you want to reach out and try to save them. I think this might be part of the big attraction to them.

That is truly fascinating. I was expecting something along the lines of "girls in skin-tight plugsuits are hot," but now I'm quite satisfied that it's not solely a superficial thing. ^_^

Lethardicus
10-01-2006, 08:36 PM
girls in cute Suzumiya Haruhi cosplays =3 :angel2:

VincentEternal
10-01-2006, 08:41 PM
That is truly fascinating. I was expecting something along the lines of "girls in skin-tight plugsuits are hot," but now I'm quite satisfied that it's not solely a superficial thing. ^_^

Thanks. I know it's hard to believe but some of us do actually like what the characters are about. Not saying that Asuka and Rei aren't hot in their plugsuits. But I think there's more to them then just fanservice.

Angathol
10-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Thanks. I know it's hard to believe but some of us do actually like what the characters are about. Not saying that Asuka and Rei aren't hot in their plugsuits. But I think there's more to them then just fanservice.

Ack! I didn't mean that all guys are into are fanservice-y characters. XD Well, some guys are, but still!

*stops invading the guys' thread T_T*

DarkReflection
10-01-2006, 08:54 PM
OK, I've had the night to give it some thought, and you know what I'd really like to see? A girl who cosplays someone from the same series that I'm cosplaying. When I cosplay Sasuke, she's cosplaying Sakura, Hinata or even Naruto (female Naruto cosplayer = has a personality) When I cosplay Riku, she's cosplaying Kairi, Aeris, Tifa or Sora. When I cosplay Heero, she's cosplaying Releena or Duo (let's face it, girls can pull off the whole "braid-longer-than-my-arm" deal better than any guy ever will.) I really don't care if a girl is crossplaying, as long as it's not to the point of ridiculousness. It's all about the common interests. A girl that clearly likes the same anime or game that I do. That's what I want to see.

Thank you J Ryoga, another good point I absoultely agree with you on.

Artikgato
10-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Ohh, that is cool. I might be going to Animazement next year..and may have a Twilight Suzuka crossplay by that time ^-^

o.o OMG! If you do, I'll totally have to get a picture with you! XDD

J Ryoga
10-02-2006, 03:31 AM
Thank you J Ryoga, another good point I absoultely agree with you on.

For real, man. I've got friends who always tell me "opposites attract." That's total BS. I like girls I can hang with like they're "one of the guys."

sorazowie
10-02-2006, 06:36 AM
sup, i love kairi and love kairi+cosplay=cosplay girl kairi.
got it !

The Partisan
10-02-2006, 05:01 PM

Wow. Fantastic insight Mr. Vincent! You tapped right into the psychology of the subject and got right to the heart of it. I couldn't agree more.

SycoTik
10-02-2006, 08:21 PM
I'd like to see some Eurekas at the con this year, there are alot of cute girls dressed as her on this site.. Also, for some reason I also wanna see Milk Chan, just to see how they would pull off the costume.

SvK
10-02-2006, 09:39 PM
I'd love to see a girl in a giant robot costume. Of course, if she was in a giant robot costume, I wouldn't be able to tell she was a girl.

Kaijugal
10-03-2006, 04:36 PM
I'd love to see a girl in a giant robot costume. Of course, if she was in a giant robot costume, I wouldn't be able to tell she was a girl.

XD XD XD :bigtu:

Trumby
10-03-2006, 07:45 PM
o.o OMG! If you do, I'll totally have to get a picture with you! XDD
I'm not sure if I'll have the money to do Suzuka yet..but I'm going to try to get it done ^-^

And as long as I have the money and can get the time off I'll be there. :P

Natty Dread
10-03-2006, 08:51 PM
whoever asked for hot ice hilda, im pretty sure sarcasm hime did her at AN06.
dead. on. accuracy. simply fantastic.

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-03-2006, 09:50 PM

My friend went as Aisha Clan-Clan to Sakuracon 2005. She did really good.

AJREDDSON
10-03-2006, 09:51 PM
I'd love to see a girl in a giant robot costume. Of course, if she was in a giant robot costume, I wouldn't be able to tell she was a girl.Girl robot. ¡Talk about GUNS!

AznGalahad
10-03-2006, 11:34 PM
i would like to see a cute natsuki and shizuru from mai hime together. then id sandwhich myself between them >< :bigtu: :angel: :)

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-04-2006, 12:28 AM
I would like to see Princess Allura from Voltron or Anzu from Yu-Gi-Oh.

MexicAnime
10-04-2006, 03:03 AM
I'd personally would like to see girls in cosplay that inhance beauty, not the booty(then again, i won't actually complain against the latter).

To me being a beauty is more about attitude and the way you carry yourself, rather than walking around as Felicia(Darkstalkers). If she can pull of the attitude and ambiance of their character, ie. Kaoru Kamiya(Rurouni Kenshin), Asuka(Evangelion), or as HinataO(Naruto), who just a cuttie no matter what, then that to me is sexy, regardless of how little she wears.

However as a hormone driven guy, I'd like to see ...heck I've already done seen it all, so there's really not much to say anymore...........

SycoTik
10-04-2006, 04:24 AM
Now that I read the title more, I don't really understand it. "Girls+Cosplay, what do you want out of it?" What do they mean what do I want out of it? Do they mean "What would you like to see from it" "What do I want FROM it?"
I'm not exactly sure about the question and I think I need sleep. -_-()

DarkReflection
10-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I would like to see Princess Allura from Voltron or Anzu from Yu-Gi-Oh.

Wow, never even thought of that. I second the notion! Voltron was probably one of the top-tier animes when I got into watching 'cartoons'. (I didn't know what anime was so thats what I called it back then.) I'd also like to add I'm a Gundam Seed / Destiny fan so seeing a Lacus, Cagalli, Fllay, Luna, Stellar, Meer, and Meyrin would really make my day. Yeah Giant robot anime w/ cute girls in them = d(^_^d) Also, you Kairis out there you've done a fine job. As a Kairi fanboy myself, I send my compliments to you on a job well done. But I still like to see more. (>_>)

Lisu-chan
10-04-2006, 01:58 PM
It actually is! There're some here who'd like to see the skimpiest of skimpy (if it's even a word... pffst!) but there's a whole bunch of guys here who'd like to see other characters! Yuna's weddingdress is on my list... but the fact I don't wear skimpy clothesi s because I'm ashamed of parts of my body, even if they wouldn't be to ashamed of, it's against MY moral standards to wear absolutely nothing! (Although I did a SnJ Orochimaru, but I had something to cover up the parts I did NOT wanted to show!)

I'm impressed by those of you who come up with good suggestions and not dissappointed at all by those who don't... afterall if you look in the girls topic... Most of them would love a swimming pool Cloud over anything else... And well... we're only human after all! (though that leaves me out! heh heh! I just don't... feel anything like it... but that's another story!)

I hope I make sense! *bows* :angel:

LadyHawke78
10-04-2006, 02:04 PM
I would like to see Princess Allura from Voltron...

One of my friends has actually been tossing around the idea of doing this cosplay for YEARS...

I should tell her to get going on it...

HOORAY FOR OLD SKOOL ANIME. :bigtu:

Lisu-chan
10-04-2006, 02:13 PM
I skimmed through your gallery real quick and see nothing for you to be ashamed of. Unless of course those pics are not you. XP

Thank you, but I have some scars up my tigh... and one of my knees, luckily THAT one is not that visible! So that's why... I did cosplay Meroko once, but I think she's my limit... because I got a lot of... attention when in that cosplay, and I don't blame the guys for acting normal... (although... hellllooooo it's me you're looking at) but I just don't know how to handle that... and thus I refrain of getting in that situation again! Maybe if SOME guys acted normal girls WOULD wear skimpy clothes! ^_^ It's not a suggestion or an accuse... it's just that... there're sme rotten apples, gawd I bet I don't make sense!

SycoTik
10-04-2006, 02:39 PM
:cheers:

SycoTik
10-04-2006, 02:43 PM
I agree! The girls are talking about loving guys with bare chests but then they come onto the 'guys only' side and become offended at everything the guys are saying! Leave them alone for petes sake!:razz:

You Rock :rockon:

DarkReflection
10-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Thank you, but I have some scars up my tigh... and one of my knees, luckily THAT one is not that visible! So that's why... I did cosplay Meroko once, but I think she's my limit... because I got a lot of... attention when in that cosplay, and I don't blame the guys for acting normal... (although... hellllooooo it's me you're looking at) but I just don't know how to handle that... and thus I refrain of getting in that situation again! Maybe if SOME guys acted normal girls WOULD wear skimpy clothes! ^_^ It's not a suggestion or an accuse... it's just that... there're sme rotten apples, gawd I bet I don't make sense!

Normality is overrated. ^^;; But anyway, you're making sense. Its the nasty few population of men that make women cringe from wearing... something I don't think I would consider clothing, out in public. After FFX-2 cosplays, I sorta drew the line right there. Anything beyond that should be put on 'girls gone cosplay wild' IMO. But as I say before, whatever floats your boat kids. But word to the wise cosplayer: "If you want attention, stick to a costume that would be most appealing to the people around you." And we usually take 'appeal' as 'sexy', 'hot', 'cute', 'sweet', & etc. Makes sense to me, don't know about all of you. On a personal note, lisu-chan, you look fine, don't notice everything thats wrong with you, notice everything that looks good to you.

Now on topic: Dresses and kimonos and all that elegant pretty stuff girls nowadays walk away from. You wear costumes like that that's like godly to me. Like Saber from Fate/Stay Night. Dress with armor and a weapon. I bow down to you, literally. Not saying you girls out there look bad in pants but I perfer a girl in a dress/ somewhat long skirt type. Like Sakura from Sakura Taisen... if thats a show's name... I don't remember.

SycoTik
10-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Cosplay Chivalry FTW.

Srsly. From now on at a con, If I see a guy not hold open a door Im going to get on his case for that. ;P
Wouldnt that be nice though, Con Chivalry, pure politeness basicly. If youre heading in the same direction as a female cosplayer and its cold and shes not wear enough, let her borrow your jacket! Look at for your brothers and sisters! I dont think I see things like that too often at cons.

Common Courtesy should be anywhere for anyone. I never been to a con so I don't know how often that happens, are people courteous at these things? Although they don't have to be, it would be nice.

What was this thread about btw, it feels like it's gone off topic again. :confused:

Volnixshin
10-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Dude I dunno, maybe just get some pepper spray for those OUT of con incidents with sick pervs. Saw way to many in my day(wait my day hasn't ended) and they could get sued for hitting but pepper spray kicks ass. So glad I have a mask tat blocks out EVERYTHING sometimes(suffocates)

Prodigiosus
10-04-2006, 03:48 PM
I think you can get sued too if you spray pepper spray on somebody.

Trumby
10-04-2006, 08:40 PM
whoever asked for hot ice hilda, im pretty sure sarcasm hime did her at AN06.
dead. on. accuracy. simply fantastic.
So I looked at her gallery per your suggestion..and wow, you are right. She did an amazing job. Always like seeing my favorite characters done well.
My friend went as Aisha Clan-Clan to Sakuracon 2005. She did really good.
That's cool..this year was my first Sakura-con though and I only saw a Melfina..and I think a Gene.

Darkreflection: I agree..I like seeing girls in the Kimonos/Yukatas (I know it's a type of kimono..don't kill me) as well. Added points in if they are cosplaying while wearing it as well (like during the summer festivals in shows like Onegai Sensei..Mahoromatic..Love Hina, etc).

Yueri
10-04-2006, 10:29 PM
*posted in wrong thread*

Captain Gundam
10-04-2006, 11:35 PM
The Harada sisters: there's not enough
Alicia Winston from Time Crisis 3 (the blonde girl who helps the players in the game)

Sleepy
10-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Amano's stye, old school, Final Fantasy. I will never get tired of it.
Anything with wings.

Grimman5000
10-05-2006, 05:08 PM
I would LOVE to see a girl as chi or maybe ada wong. Most DEFINATLY Riku Harada!

AJREDDSON
10-05-2006, 09:41 PM
I think you can get sued too if you spray pepper spray on somebody.You can get sued for anything… Whether they have a chance in Hell of WINNING anything is another matter. I once got sued because I was in a traffic accident- Caused by another driver altogether. The guy that sued me didn’t win anything, but I suppose it was possible.
It really comes down to why you did what you did; Someone jumps on someone else, and I pepperspray the first guy thinking he’s trying to hurt the second, the lawsuit will probably get laughed out of court. Any competent lawyer should tell you to go away and not waste any more of their time- But you’d be welcome to ask.

Ya, I really wouldn’t worry about it if you act in a justifiable way.

OTOH… If you spary someone just because you had a bad day (or maybe just don’t like getting a speeding ticket…:untrust: ), you might just find yourself in jail AND facing a law suit. If not worse.

daguru
10-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Shayla-Shayla - El-Hazard
Anything - Legend of Dragoon
Nausicaa - Nausicaa

I ruv them all!

Zashi
10-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Hm....what I think would be cool...would be Excel and Hyatt. They hardly get any Cosplay Love, especially Hitomi from Escaflowne, although its just a school uniform. and Lisa from Final Fantasy: Unlimited! ^_^ those would be awesome

Shabranigdo
10-06-2006, 09:42 PM
I especially would like to see some of the old school characters cosplayed from animes such as Deedlit from Record of Lodoss Wars, Pai from 3x3 eyes, Tira from Sorcerer Hunters, etc.

I guess from the new animes I can never get tired of seeing Simca from Air Gear, also having Maya and Aya from Tenjho Tenge would be cool too. Trust me I got a whole list of them lol.

shadow_roxas
10-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Yuna and esp. Rikku from FF steals my heart everytime. I also think a hot Kairi cosplayer is great. Winry(FMA) is a plus. Then Nami(One Piece).. I don't see too many of those...and Fuu(Samurai Champloo). That's about it as far as the girls that are the hottest in my opinion.:bigtu:

xcascax
10-08-2006, 03:46 AM
Sorry, Girl

I cosplay Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo! and I would really like to see some more sexy Tenchi girls.
to get me real hot would be to see someone cosplaying as Casca(Berserk)

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Sorry, Girl

I cosplay Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo! and I would really like to see some more sexy Tenchi girls.
to get me real hot would be to see someone cosplaying as Casca(Berserk)

I would like to see more too. Only two I saw was years ago when Tenchi still came on CN.

AgentAdaW
10-08-2006, 09:36 PM
sorry! girl invading! but i was curious..
@grimman- i was Ada last yr for otakon ^^ re4 version

Skyline Kyo
10-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Sango's are all dissapearing... :(

Who else will slap me like that when I *gently* touch them?

AgentAdaW
10-08-2006, 09:48 PM
^lol i as Sango like 4 years ago, but I've since retired the costume haha

WaratteiruDakar
10-09-2006, 04:06 AM
its been a while since I've seen a yu-gi-oh! cosplay so maybe mai kujaku (valentine) or a magician's valkyria would do it...

Yoruichi and soi fong would be nice too.

Concolor
10-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Someone here posted something like "What would you like out of female cosplay?"

Easy.

Some effort. That's all.

"A pink dress does not Princess Peach make." Kairi is more than just a pink shirt. Hows about some oversized shoes? Rei is more than just a white catsuit with some lines drawn on with a marker.

I firmly agree: hows bout some props? With Link, for example, that's about all there is left to differentiate yours from the thousands out there.

Sexy is good, mind you (I'm married, not Dead). But a few whisps of cotton in strategic places is not a costume.

Specifics?
Rouge: X-Men
Chun-Li
A tip o the hat to dude who mentioned Halo ODSTs
Halo Marines
Miranda Keyes (Halo)
Fullmetal State Alchemists (Officers)
Winrey (Fullmetal)
Samus Aran (Suit or ZeroSuit)
Krystal (StarFox)

(rant) It drives me nuts when people (male or female) put together a shoddy costume, but just because they show some skin / muscle, everyone goes gaga over them. There is only one exception I can think of, and that's the Wolverine who was at San Diego ComiCon (sorry I don't have an image). This guy clearly 'worked' on his 'costume' (that kind of size takes serious dedication). Another thing I hate to see is people (again, male or female) Cosplaling "out of body type". You can't be 6ft4, 250 pounds and cosplay -Sanji-! It dosen't work. However, one of the funniest things I saw -was- a 6ft tall Krillin. And one of the best things I saw was a black, female Marik (YuGiOh). The key things here, is it takes effort.

Claudia Vice
10-10-2006, 01:26 AM
Someone here posted something like "What would you like out of female cosplay?"

Easy.

Some effort. That's all.

"A pink dress does not Princess Peach make." Kairi is more than just a pink shirt. Hows about some oversized shoes? Rei is more than just a white catsuit with some lines drawn on with a marker.

I firmly agree: hows bout some props? With Link, for example, that's about all there is left to differentiate yours from the thousands out there.

Sexy is good, mind you (I'm married, not Dead). But a few whisps of cotton in strategic places is not a costume.

Specifics?
Rouge: X-Men
Chun-Li
A tip o the hat to dude who mentioned Halo ODSTs
Halo Marines
Miranda Keyes (Halo)
Winrey (Fullmetal)
Samus Aran (Suit or ZeroSuit)
Krystal (StarFox)

(rant) It drives me nuts when people (male or female) put together a shoddy costume, but just because they show some skin / muscle, everyone goes gaga over them. There is only one exception I can think of, and that's the Wolverine who was at San Diego ComiCon (sorry I don't have an image). This guy clearly 'worked' on his 'costume' (that kind of size takes serious dedication). Another thing I hate to see is people (again, male or female) Cosplaling "out of body type". You can't be 6ft4, 250 pounds and cosplay -Sanji-! It dosen't work. However, one of the funniest things I saw -was- a 6ft tall Krillin. And one of the best things I saw was a black, female Marik (YuGiOh). The key things here, is it takes effort.
*cough* 'Rogue'. *cough*
Sorry, both an X-Men fanspasm and a girl invading. Well, a pretty gay girl..

My God. Samus WOULD be awesome. I've never thought of that as a cosplay before. 0_o Anyway, I'd have to agree with you completely: effort = awesome.

Anyway, random cosplay I love seeing: Haruko from FLCL. I think I scared a girl one time; I kind of had a flailing spasm..XD

DrugLordKai
10-10-2006, 01:45 AM
While not truly distinctive compared to some of the options here, there's three characters which, seeing cosplayed well, would make my day

-Emma Sheen from Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (AEUG or Titans uniform, it's all good) (...Hell, there's a lot of characters from the classic UC titles I'd love to see cosplayed)
-Hikaru from Nadesico (I'm blanking on her last name)
and
-Marvel Frozen from Aura Battler Dunbine

...two of the three are kind of longshots, but a man can dream...

CreativeGuy
10-10-2006, 01:56 AM

I never really thought those costumes were anything special really.

As far as costumes..

Rogue, the yellow and green outfit with the black coat.
Princess Leia, any costume of her's really.

Thats all I can think of right now.

Lihan
10-10-2006, 02:41 AM
I don't really care how much skin a girl is showing..

I think it's more important that girl is looking good in the costume and fits the character she's cosplaying as. (acting or not acting like the character makes a pretty big difference, at least that's what I think..)

As for what I would like girls to cosplay as?
I think it would be awesome if a girl cosplayed as someone not that uber-popular. It's not a crime to cosplay as a popular someone, but seeing 6 Sakura's from Naruto.. Not that I don't like the cosplays, but yeah, it gets repetitive. Seeing some different characters would be fantastic.

Just some suggestions:
Sora Naegino from Kaleido Star (in her Angel Act costume with the 1 wing)
All the Maidens from Rozen Maiden (~Träumend~)
Karuru or Toaka/Turka from Utawarerumono (actually every girl from Utewarerumono would be awesome)
Akari Mizunashi or Athena from ARIA The Animation/The Naturel

Keiran
10-10-2006, 03:07 AM
Girls that I woudl LOVE to see done well by girls that woudl look liek the characters

Sophitia: Soul Calibur II (I would Melt)

Seung Mina: Soul Calibur II (a VERY clsoe second)

Cammy: Street Fighter (yup!)

Harry Potter robes: I'ma dork and think they're adorable

Princess Leia: I don't care if they've got har buns, or a metal bikini, that shit is HOT!

One of the girls from Harvest moon 64: namely Ann or Karen

Hinatas: cute... what can i say?

Morigan: Yeah... I know... but man... something bout tha costume

Edeamous
10-10-2006, 07:52 PM
A good-looking Liru from Magical Pokan.
I'd erm... yeha... *cough* I'm a total Liru fanboy.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
10-10-2006, 11:55 PM
Square enix girls <3 Kairi,Aerith,and Princess Garnet...maybe Ashe
ummm...Sango,and Kikyo
Saber from Fate/Stay night
Lacus from Gundam seed
Phoenix from X-men
Anko,Sakura,and Ino from Naruto...I think that's all of them I like ^^;

A-20
10-11-2006, 12:03 AM
The girls from Maho Tsukai Tai; in their witch uniforms of course =p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/A-20/mt101.jpg

Any of the bunnygirls from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya xD lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/A-20/bunnieharuhi.jpg

SycoTik
10-11-2006, 12:50 AM
lol, foolish me didn't realize that cosplay also went to the realms of comic books and video games. Hell, I even found cartoons like The Simpsons count! LOL, crazy.

Anyways, here's more choices I have then.

Marvel comics:
Psylocke, Rogue, Jean Grey, White Queen, She-Hulk, Scarlette Witch, Invisible Girl, Shadowcat, Storm, and Mystique from television series.

DC comics:
Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Starfire, Raven, and Supergirl.

Image Comics:
A female version of Spawn.

Video Games:
Zelda (LegendOfZelda), Princess Peach (SuperMarioBros), Roll (Megaman), Samus (Metroid), Mortal Kombat: Kitana , Melina, Jade, Sheeva, Sonya, Killer Instinct: Orchid, Kim Wu. Tekken: Christie, Julia, Anna, Nina. SoulCaliber: Taki, Ivy, Tira, Setsuka, Ivy, Mi-na. Street Fighter II: ChunLi and Cammy. DarkStalkers: Felicia and Morrigan.

That's all I got so far. My headhurts :(

Jet_Texas
10-11-2006, 02:10 AM
Not really my kind of thread but what the heck.

the Abh from Crest / Banner of the stars . If you can pull it off that is a Great uniform and as a bonus you get elf ears and blue hair. ;)

Lisu-chan
10-11-2006, 02:28 AM
Image Comics:
A female version of Spawn.

Hell yeah! *adds it to her list where it actually was already on, in a far corner*
Phew it's going to be difficult but it'll work out some day!

Keiran
10-11-2006, 01:16 PM
I totally forgot, pretty much any cosplay from Ragnarok online

but the best= Theif!!! but I've only seen liek one pic =(

NeoSpike
10-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Less bad Integras...

And less bad Jills...

Seriously...

ArcaneKani
10-11-2006, 11:23 PM
A hot Mia Fey from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney would r0xX0r my b0Xx0r5. XD

iLoveKadaj
10-11-2006, 11:29 PM
So far i havent seen anyone cosplaying as FRAN from FF XII !! Would love to see it happens very soon :D hehehehe

Fighterspledge
10-11-2006, 11:40 PM

Yeah I have the same feelings on that. Rikku seems like she would be the most likely to be a real person in any FF series. She would probably be a skater chick in real life. And yeah, have that closet handy; most of the females who do cosplay her like to exagerate... unless they're already like that naturally.

I also like a good Tokyo Mew Mew outfit. Ichigo is a little darlin and I love that garter. Chokers and garter belts are uber sexy.

redfreadom
10-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Lets see, What I look for in females cosplaying.

First, find a niche. I’m much more likely to pay extra attention to Akane tendou (ranma 1/2) or Yuna Miyama (maburaho) then the 100th sailor moon I have seen after my first 13 seconds at the con.

Second, act the part and have fun with it! I always pay attention to the girls who exude their character well (not saying you have to since not everyone likes to act). If you are dressed as a confident character then be confident (this is a problem for some girls who choose to wear skimpy costumes but aren’t really comfortable in them)

Lastly, have fun with it and don’t let a few mean people upset you. I hate watching girls get upset because some other girl called her too fat for a costume or she got made fun of on the train in.

What I want to see

Ranma 1/2 chars Ran-chan, Shampoo, Ukyo and Akane
Maburaho gals
Love Hina (I looooove Mitsune)
Mononoke Hime
Ai Yori Aioshi

Girls have lots more choices then guys. Half of guy anime chars wear normal clothing and thats booooring. True a lot of girl chars just wear school outfits but there are still more options for females. I would just like to see more variety!

Master Zero
10-12-2006, 11:35 AM
What I wanna see girls cosplaying? Hmmm?....Female Mecha Cosplayers! That would truly make my convention experience much more enjoyable. ^^

LadyHawke78
10-12-2006, 04:01 PM
OH NOES! Another female thread-jacks!! :eek:

Well, considering that there are really only *TWO* main females in the military in FMA (Hawkeye and Ross-- unless you count Scheizka and the other random "secretary" types...) I do see this being quite rare.
There HAS been another female officer recently introduced in the FMA manga, so I am curious as to how many females will choose to cosplay her in the coming year.

I was completely surprised at how much... um... "attention" I received at AWA when I cosplayed Hawkeye. Not exactly the "sexiest" costume out there for a girl, but DAMN.
Maybe it has something to do with the firearms... Hmmm... :confused:

Anywho back on the main topic, for everytime I see a "moogle girl" or something like that, I'd like to see them have a real mascot outfit...
Whats that you say? how could I think that they look attractive when I cant see them? Simple, 1. they take their headpiece off like rikku does in this pic:.

A-MEN, Dojorkan! :bigtu:

I was just recently telling a cosplay-buddy of mine that one of the costumes I would REALLY love to do one of these days is Mascot Yuna from FFX2. I mean, actually have a full moogle-suit, and just be carrying the head while wearing the Yuna wig, contacts and earring. ;)

So, yeah. Finally, a "proper" Moogle-girl! I need to find someone who is good at Mascot costumes first though.

What I wanna see girls cosplaying? Hmmm?....Female Mecha Cosplayers!
BUBBLEGUM CRISIS FTW!!! XD

staereo
10-12-2006, 04:48 PM
I'd love to see a Langrisser cosplay on girl OR guy. I'd cosplay it myself if I had any talent at costume creation whatsoever.

Travel expenses aside, I would cover a full shoot (studio or otherwise), and a complete set of prints to a -good- cosplay of PN03. (A gamecube game)
http://www.digitalsketcher.com/1up%20Desktops/PN03_2.jpg
http://www.digitalsketcher.com/1up%20Desktops/PN03_3.jpg
http://www.digitalsketcher.com/1up%20Desktops/PN03_4.jpg
http://www.digitalsketcher.com/1up%20Desktops/PN03_5.jpg
http://www.digitalsketcher.com/1up%20Desktops/PN03_6.jpg
http://www.digitalsketcher.com/1up%20Desktops/PN03_7.jpg
http://www.digitalsketcher.com/1up%20Desktops/PN03_8.jpg
http://www.digitalsketcher.com/1up%20Desktops/PN03.jpg

Also, yay for magna carta. Guys or girls..

I'd list more, but I'm about to leave work...

edit: one more before i go, legend of mana.

Bruce

Fory-san
10-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Not anime, but a good Vampirella would be a good change of pace! XD Joking aside, I would definately love to see more female Macross, Yamato/Starblazers, or Captain Tylor characters. You don't see many of those anymore.

kaseumapado
10-16-2006, 11:53 AM
anything done by "oh great!"

Craigyelton
10-16-2006, 01:22 PM

rosabella
10-16-2006, 10:08 PM
its been a while since I've seen a yu-gi-oh! cosplay so maybe mai kujaku (valentine) or a magician's valkyria would do it...

Yoruichi and soi fong would be nice too.

You're in luck ^.^ I got con-ed into cosplaying as the Dark Magician Girl by friend of mine for Anime Expo '07 XD

rosabella
10-16-2006, 10:08 PM
*deleted*

Himemiya
10-17-2006, 06:42 AM
(Can I post here / do I count?)

I love Rabi~en~Rose cosplayers. I'd like to see more of them. Especially with their own hair - hair color doesn't particularly matter, but hair flips do! ^.~ I love the tall shoes and the cute skirt, without it being all, um, sl*tty.

stee van
10-18-2006, 01:32 AM
every girls wants to have slim body . -__- i'm tired giving them advices .

i've shouldn't announce to them that i've lost 60 lbs , now i am swarmed with desperate girls who wants to slim down .

wwcrites
10-18-2006, 08:20 AM
I'd like to see some gal/woman/lady cosplay as Warrior Nun Areala.

Will

Angathol
10-18-2006, 09:56 AM
every girls wants to have slim body . -__- i'm tired giving them advices.

It's pretty sad, but it's basically true. :( It seems that any girl over 130 pounds thinks she's overweight, and even some UNDER 130 are convinced that they're way too heavy. It's not true... T_T

I'm happy with the body I've got, though. ^^

Hagisan
10-18-2006, 10:08 AM
any thing would be nice most of all anime females are dessed very sexy but i enjoy to see a woman in crossplay

DarkKefka
10-18-2006, 10:26 AM
I would LOVE to see Hokuto and Nanase from Street Fighter EX.

Lisu-chan
10-18-2006, 02:54 PM
any thing would be nice most of all anime females are dessed very sexy but i enjoy to see a woman in crossplay

That's unexpected! I love you, now I'm even more focused on my crossplays! ^_______^ (people tell me to go as tifa etc, and actually all I want to do is male characters!)

Manic Macabre
10-18-2006, 06:52 PM
I would like to see a girl cosplay as Tira from Soul Caliber III ring-blade and all. She is my absolute favourite character and she's quite attractive as well. I'd like to see a girl cosplay Tira's 2nd costume though. The first costume is good and all, but I'd like to see a girl wear the other one. To me, its the coolest one. It reminds me of a gothic lolita dress, plus I find gothic lolitas kind of cute. And to see a full scale replica of Aislene Drossel would be so cool!

rosabella
10-18-2006, 08:43 PM
That's unexpected! I love you, now I'm even more focused on my crossplays! ^_______^ (people tell me to go as tifa etc, and actually all I want to do is male characters!)

I second that! That is very suprising to hear.

rosabella
10-19-2006, 12:14 AM
How often do you all like it the other way around? When we dress up as girls? Based on seeing J-Rocker Mana, I'm guessing alot?

I think it is hysterical when guys cross play, is it just me?^.^ And Mana is the world's prettiest man. I saw him at AX this year, omg the entire room smelled so good for an entire hour. My friend, Fankie, got to shake his hand (which I have yet to forgive him for) and he said his hand still smelled like gardenia's 2 hours after Mana left XD

mightyaardvark
10-19-2006, 01:43 PM
You're in luck ^.^ I got con-ed into cosplaying as the Dark Magician Girl by friend of mine for Anime Expo '07 XD

Having looked at your photos section I can tell you i'll be looking forward to that!

(wince)

Snowe
10-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Add in Chii, or Freya, or BOTH!
no, not 'cuz they wear nose-bleeder clothes, but 'cuz they're seriously cute characters!

Manic Macabre
10-19-2006, 04:46 PM
I think it is hysterical when guys cross play, is it just me?^.^ And Mana is the world's prettiest man. I saw him at AX this year, omg the entire room smelled so good for an entire hour. My friend, Fankie, got to shake his hand (which I have yet to forgive him for) and he said his hand still smelled like gardenia's 2 hours after Mana left XD

ahhhhh!!! lucky!!! I wanna meet Mana too!!!! :bigcry:

rosabella
10-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Having looked at your photos section I can tell you i'll be looking forward to that!

Thanks ^.^ I have no idea how to make that hat though XD

Captain Gundam
10-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Dont know if anyone mentioned Rachel from Ninja Gaiden (the demon huntress)

Snowe
10-20-2006, 06:17 AM
Oh, oh, oh, I'd like to see a girl cosplay this Drawing a good friend of mine made!
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/32625304/?&q=by%3Ahikaru-119&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps
Any girl who could pull of that drawing accurately could totally win my heart.
;3

Any kind of Kimono like that would be beautiful.

Sigh...if only someone would cosplay that...

Hitokiri Kenshin
11-01-2006, 01:01 AM
I would like to see a group of girls cosplay as the Four Phantom Sisters from Sailor Moon R.

jaiv28
11-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Ok. . .well lets see, who would I like to see cosplay. . .

Zhen Ji or Sun Shang Xing from Dynasty warriors
Roll from megaman
Whats her name from Jak II & III. . .cant remember her name now . . .:confused:
Kid from Chrono cross
Shiva from FF
I know its a long shot but Beserker Rikku from FFX-2
Dark Knight Paine from FFX-2
Brlack/White mages
good Princes Peaches

And thats what comes to mind. . .

Grendelz
11-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Cammy from street fighter games, always been a big Cammy fan, Kos-Mos, and always had a thing for Hsien-Ko from Vampire Savior
On the anime side, Motoko Kusinagi from GITS, Alita from Battle Angel Alita, T.A. from R.I.D. and Maki from Airmaster
and any rumble rose character, just because they're all hot

allenluvzapplez
11-10-2006, 11:31 PM
meh, I wouldnt mind seeing a bunch of girls dress up like a few characters from FFXIII Agito that would be freaking sweet

Kitsune_Akita
11-11-2006, 12:00 AM
ZOMG

I just remembered my first "anime crush".
Melody from the Pokemon 2000 Movie.

http://heartstars.net/winkmel.jpg
http://heartstars.net/melpretty.jpg
http://heartstars.net/melflute.JPG
http://heartstars.net/dancemel.jpg
http://heartstars.net/melodywink.JPG
http://heartstars.net/melmistytracey.JPG
http://heartstars.net/melodyred.JPG

Isnt she just adorable. :D If I saw a really good Melody cosplay... I dont know what the hell I would do... o.o
Maybe bow and kiss her hand. Yeah... >_> I seriously would.
Man...

I'd rather see the perfect melody cosplay than Thief Y/R/P cosplay.

Seriously, if any of you ladies are up to that and are going to Otakon or cons in Virginia, tell me. I'll even do a pokemon cosplay too. (Not as ash, maybe as Tracy, or the pokemon "Poochyena".

One day, I actually contemplated going as Melody.
I liked her attitude, and that pretty veil she wore. ^_^
That might be on my list someday.

Nagi Lee
11-11-2006, 01:55 PM
I'd love to see a girl who's interested in hajime no ippo and pulls off a Kumi chan from the series. that would be so totally awsome!

Rem Akimichi
11-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Steel angels, ROD TV, Tenchi Muyo gals.

Hah hah another invader! Me and my sister have two of the steel angels on our list to cosplay (Me: Saki, and her:Kurumi) though we've both decided to wait until A.) she's older (she's only 14) and B.) my diet goes into effect ^_^; And I've been dying to do Ryoko since I was 13. Also have Chii and Freya on there too :D

Gilly_kins
11-14-2006, 07:26 PM
i'm a girl but still I love to see girls come as Rikku, they are always so friendly. The girls that come as Utena always look super cute as well :).
I really want to see a night elf from warcraft. I want to see one so bad I might even make a costume.
I'm also searching for cotume ideas for me... got any? :D

Manic Macabre
11-14-2006, 07:41 PM
I also wouldn't mind seeing a girl dress as Shiroi Mana. Mana from Shiroi looked so beautiful! or a Mana posing for the EGL clothing for Moi-meme-Moitie would be awesome. :rockon:

Jgo Factor
11-15-2006, 01:22 AM
If I saw a girl cosplay Ayase Terada in her blue aqua outfit from Scryed, that would make my day.

Kitsune_Akita
11-19-2006, 05:41 PM
<3 <3

Haha.
-shrugs-
Like I said, might be on my list.

Volnixshin
11-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Hey YOU! You're a girl! Guys only! Jeesh...Spies...

Kitsune_Akita
11-19-2006, 05:52 PM
^^ There are many other girlsss.
Not like we'll get punished for taking a peek.
You guys did it to our thread. -nod nod-

Arc_The_Lad
11-19-2006, 05:56 PM
I want more girls in armor DAMMIT.

Sonic Man
11-19-2006, 06:00 PM
I'd squeal with glee and die a happy man if I ever see a girl dress up as E-Hero Burst Lady (Elemental Hero Burstinatrix) from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX.

Seriously, I'd love to see that and If I do, I swear, I'll glomp the living life out of whoever has the guts to go as E-Hero Burst Lady (Again, Elemental Hero Burstinatrix in English). Too many Dark Magician Girls out there. ME WANT BURSTINATRIX!!!

silvertear
11-20-2006, 12:07 AM
Personally, I'm glad to see any costume that has some effort put into it. I do have a request for those ladies who do decide to wear the more revealing costumes: Please exercise a little discretion when deciding how much skin to show. I know, I know...I sound like a prude, however, my request is more of concern for the younger attendees of the conventions, as I believe most anime conventions are family friendly; as well as for the ladies showing skin, since they might attract some unwanted attention from the more unsavory characters of the convention. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy seeing the female body, however, I do feel that it is possible to be sexy without wearing something very revealing, that there is a thin line between attracting attention and, pardon the expression, attention whoring. I don't want to stop anyone from their cosplay plans, but I would like people to give a little thought before showing off (and guys, this last thing applies to us as well).

Rei Crisis
02-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Personally, I'm glad to see any costume that has some effort put into it. I do have a request for those ladies who do decide to wear the more revealing costumes: Please exercise a little discretion when deciding how much skin to show. I know, I know...I sound like a prude, however, my request is more of concern for the younger attendees of the conventions, as I believe most anime conventions are family friendly; as well as for the ladies showing skin, since they might attract some unwanted attention from the more unsavory characters of the convention. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy seeing the female body, however, I do feel that it is possible to be sexy without wearing something very revealing, that there is a thin line between attracting attention and, pardon the expression, attention whoring. I don't want to stop anyone from their cosplay plans, but I would like people to give a little thought before showing off (and guys, this last thing applies to us as well).

Rei<---concurs

on topic:
-TenTen(Naruto)
-Chun Li(Street Fighter)
-Sakura(Street Fighter)
-Yoruichi(Bleach)

Leadmill
02-19-2007, 10:09 PM
NURSES MORE NURSES......ahem

Mr. SmartyPants
02-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Anything NOT ultra-mainstream XD And something very original.

I saw a Maromi from Paranoia Agent last year at Otakon. I totally loved it.

demifiend
02-21-2007, 12:37 AM
I always like seeing the girls from Xenosaga, although some more Star Ocean would be nice too. The women from Soul Calibur are awesome too, and their costumes are equally nice (although Ivy is only for the brave, methinks).

fox.boy
02-21-2007, 12:48 AM
I would love to see a cute girl cosplay "Chii who is cosplaying a mithra in RSE from FFXI".

Two levels of cute.

Mind you I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

tfcreate
02-21-2007, 04:49 AM
Why isn't there more Vandred cosplay?
I think that's a cool show.... well, I sorta like mechs too.... hee...hee...
TFC

allthatsgeek
02-21-2007, 07:36 AM
DoA. rawr.

and could SnJ cosplayer PLEASE pick some non- mainstream character (sasu naru gaara)

AND NOT EVERYONE NEEDS AN AKATSUKI VERSION!

DarkReflection
02-21-2007, 06:03 PM
DoA. rawr.

and could SnJ cosplayer PLEASE pick some non- mainstream character (sasu naru gaara)

True true, but we're fanatics with a crazy imagination. Though extremes like that are a bit irritating at many times... I shake my head and say whatever. I also have to say, ANBU costumes are nice and all but like said before, NOT EVERYONE NEEDS AN ANBU VERSION!

Arc_The_Lad : I want more girls in armor DAMMIT.

Yeah I said that too!

fox.boy : I would love to see a cute girl cosplay Chii who is cosplay a mithra in RSE from FFXI. Mind you I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

Oh yeah, cute Chiis are everywhere, they just tend to stay away from people who actually seek them out. And as for the Mithras... only ones I've seen are Japanese ladies doing that and the rare good ones, the other ones though IMO shouldn't really do it, for the sake of themselves and everyone seeing it, no offense (MANTHRA cosplay= DEATH).

coyoterunner : I always like seeing the girls from Xenosaga, although some more Star Ocean would be nice too.

Xenosaga and Xenogears are great costumes for girls, thumbs up! And Star Ocean is also fabulous, but you know a girl cosplaying as Sophia, Maria, and Peppita would be godly. Nel's are very overdone and strangely most SO3 cosplays are girls crossplaying... I like Fayt, Cliff, Albel, etc. as much as any other guy but the yaoi thing girls keep doing is just plain annoying.

Lastly, Effort ladies! Make a great costume, or however you get your grubby little hands on one. The overall design is what matters, try not to be a cheap-@$$. One last more thing... wear a costume that fits to your body type... please please PLEASE!!! As much as I like looking at girls cosplays, seeing something that would make you an internet laughing stock isn't something I'd like to know about you. As for the rest, silvertear's post covers that.

AlbinoRina
02-21-2007, 07:05 PM
DoA. rawr.

If it makes you feel better, I've got SnJ Iruka for Anime Detour '07. :angel2:

Zyphen
02-21-2007, 07:21 PM
I like seeing Tifa from FF7, Motoko from Love Hina, Quistis from FF8, Temari from Naruto, any girl from Vandread, and any girl with blue hair. I got a thing for blue hair. Crazy like that...

avitjacobson
02-21-2007, 08:12 PM
There're a few for me, but one id really like is seras victoria from hellsing... with Harkonnen Mk II!!! Okay, seriously, I dont care about the seras part, I wanna see a harkonnen Mk. II prop!! The female doctor from Trauma Center Second Opinion would be awesome, and I think the Queen of All Cosmos needs some mroe attention (obviously, this is not one that I want to see for perverse reasons, I just think that this is an underdone Katamari costume).

hojou
02-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Tenchi Muyo Girls, Any classic Mecha girls

Zonaphobe
02-22-2007, 05:23 PM
Hmmm...this requires some deep thought.

*contemplates*

I'm gonna say, Starfire from Teen Titans, Rinoa, and i would love to see someone do Imphyy from N3.

ningyobaka
02-22-2007, 05:49 PM

There was an amazing Maestro Delphine (Last Exile) at Kumoricon this year..that was awesome.

Mahoro or really any of the Mahoromatic girls would be cool to see.

Ohh, any of the Galaxy Angels. I love that show.

(sorry girl but i had to see what made the boys drool ;).)
i'd so be willing to do hilda she rocks or melfina (though i'm not as quiet as her.)

Leadmill
02-22-2007, 06:38 PM
leeloo from fifth element

Lethardicus
02-22-2007, 07:33 PM
tifa and aeris are overrated, moar yuffie pls

Volnixshin
02-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Loretta from Serpent Tail, and Kisato Yamabuki from Junk Guild, both from Gundam Seed Astray.

Hitokiri Kenshin
02-22-2007, 11:12 PM
I'd like to see Rain or Allenby from G Gundam.

Lyuba-chan
02-22-2007, 11:22 PM
I always like seeing the girls from Xenosaga, although some more Star Ocean would be nice too. The women from Soul Calibur are awesome too, and their costumes are equally nice (although Ivy is only for the brave, methinks).

Haha, that's true. Although... I did Red Sonja :P

Arc_The_Lad
02-23-2007, 12:59 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a girl cosplay as Blaze from Streets of Rage, specifically 3.

Kurogane!
02-24-2007, 08:07 PM
i would like to see a girl dress up as Shina from ToS, Anko (fishnetshirt) from Naruto, and Yuffie from FF7

avitjacobson
02-25-2007, 03:26 AM
Oh yeah, I wanna see more princess Yue from Avatar! Mai and Ty Lee are undercosplayed as well...

Hitokiri Kenshin
02-25-2007, 11:27 AM
I'd like to see one of the Power Stone girls done.

VincentEternal
02-25-2007, 12:02 PM
I'd like to see either a Mikura Suzuki from Mezzo Forte or Real Mayer from Ergo Proxy. I have yet to see them done.

fox.boy
02-27-2007, 07:55 PM
I would also love to see a girl pull off a Rarab Girl from FFXI.

You know like cat girl, but the animal would a rarab then a cat in the style of FFXI.

bobbarker31
02-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Nono from Gunbuster 2... actually a lot of the female characters from Gunbuster 2 would be cool.

The Bunny Girl from the Diacon IV video would be plenty great also.

Dante Redgrave
02-27-2007, 09:10 PM
I'd like to see a perfect Lucia from DMC2 cosplayer, and, since I'm cosplaying from Tales of the Abyss, I'd like th see that sixth god-general that uses the pistols. Damn was she hot and cold blooded XD Oh, and the Kimlasca-Lanvaldear Princess Natalia, she was a hottie in her Alt. Archer outfit with the sniper-wolf look to it.

Faust-ni-gami
02-28-2007, 02:42 PM
all i want is a good cosplayer with the right outfit. or.. a perfect A.B.A. meh, whichever comes first, that's what i'll be satisfied with.

Rei Crisis
02-28-2007, 04:56 PM
twould be awesome to see some TenTen cosplays at Anime Matsuri 2007 :bigtu:

DarkReflection
03-01-2007, 12:52 AM
I find this weird to point out (again maybe?) but I'd like some Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu cosplayers : Yuki, Mikuru, and Haruhi perferably. d(^_^d) Pull off the Hare Hare Yukai dance and you will be my goddess! I will bow down to you!

allthatsgeek
03-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Anything tight, short, and skirty.

Arc_The_Lad
03-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Castlevania womenz.

Maria
Sophia
Syhpa

ANYONE.

CliffnCain
03-01-2007, 02:36 PM
i would like to see some more sailormars cosplays...thats my favorite sailorscout ^.^

Cpl.Shepard
03-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Rei or Asuka from Eva, yeah yeah it's cliche, but theres something about them I like, or anything with a military theme, Meryl or Eva from MGS, or just some random army girl, those would all be very cool.

Nia
03-12-2007, 02:56 PM
If I ever saw a Lillia from Galerians I would bow down before her and make her my queen. Unfortunately, Lillia looks a lot like Kairi from Kingdom Hearts so I might get confused. Other cosplays I love to see on girls:

Final Fantasy: I love FF cosplays that are NOT overdone. I don't like seeing Yunas or Rinoas (at least not the blue outfit). I do, however, think that Tifa cosplayers are absolutely gorgeous. Oh, and Shiva too!

Legend of Zelda: I would love to see more Princess Zelda cosplayers! Ocarina of Time was my favorite game, so I'd actually like to see a Malon too. She's so adorable.<33

Evangelion: Although I'm not really fond of Rei in the anime, Rei cosplayers are SO sexy. There's just something about seeing beautiful, emotionless, blue-haired, red-eyed girls in real life. xD

Ohoh, and Misa Amane cosplayers are the cutest! At least the friendly, in-character ones are. I loved getting hugged by them last year. Eeek.<3

I'm not a guy but whatever. I like girls too. Especially squishy girls. xD

allthatsgeek
03-16-2007, 10:13 AM
someone has a digimon fetish o.O

Leadmill
03-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Kitori from Area 88, girls in uniform woooot!

majekili
03-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Rena from .hack//Legend of the Twilight.

Azzameen
03-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Give me a well made Elena (Final Fantasy 7 and Advent Children) anyday. Too much negativity against the character in my opinion.

TheCelticWolf
03-30-2007, 06:44 PM
I don't know about yall but give me a hot Kairi or a Hermione in a tight sweater and skimpy skirt and i'm good to go

VonDan
03-30-2007, 07:21 PM
I want to see the cosplay girls dress their aunts in cosplay

Moaning Myrtle
Velma
Willow
Mary Catheren Ghalager

Febreze Ninja
03-30-2007, 08:49 PM
I would really like to see a hard-suit from Bubble Gum Crissis, maybe someone tall and skinny with a giant gun/weapon, dead/zombie girls are hot as well (depending on body type), some of the lolita stuff is nice as long it's more lacey than vinyl, I can see S/M suits in clubs.

Strider
03-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I for one would love to see someone pull off a Liberty Belle (from Justice Society of America comics) costume, as well as Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. If I saw a woman in a good "Dark Willow" costume (from the alternate reality episode where Willow was a vampire), I would just die.

Claudia Vice
03-31-2007, 02:27 AM
Mary Catheren Ghalager
....whyyyy. Is it just because of the Catholic schoolgirl outfit, or..? ;]

VonDan
03-31-2007, 03:59 PM
...as well as Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. If I saw a woman in a good "Dark Willow" costume (from the alternate reality episode where Willow was a vampire), I would just die.

Oh yeah! One year the toy company put out 7 willow figures in one series. Lets have 7 willow cosplayers, generally dark willow is when she was on the vengeance kick in the last season, Vampire willow is named after the ep name Dopplegandland.

1st season Willow, Doppelganger Willow (normal Face) Doppelganger Willow (Vamp Face), Dark Willow, Light Willow, Last Season Willow, some other willow

....whyyyy. Is it just because of the Catholic schoolgirl outfit, or..? ;]

because Mary Catheren Ghalager is a lady my age acting all dorkydorable and nedalicious

Zyphen
04-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Sailor Venus and Sailor Mars.

I have seen the light and now appreciate the brilliance of Sailor Moon cosplays. I feel ashamed of my past willful ignorance. To atone for my sins, I shall take it upon myself to extoll the virtues of the Sailor Scouts whenever possible. May the Anime Gawds forgive me.

Fireheart Storm
04-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Give me a well made Elena (Final Fantasy 7 and Advent Children) anyday. Too much negativity against the character in my opinion.

Hm, Girl invading the thread once more, But I agree with this. I'm going to be A TURK from Final Fantasy VII Before crisis, I'll bee Shuriken TURK, but I would love to do Elena some time! Only problem is, most people don't recognize you with out anouther Turk (Reno, Rude, Tseng, Reno...wait, already said that! XD)

Also At Zyphen, I'm a Sailor Jupiter Cosplayer.

tfcreate
04-20-2007, 09:02 PM
I've seen only a few REALLY good Sabers (Battle armor) out there. It's a tough cosplay, but well worth the results.
Elaborate costumes and make-up are always a winner.
TFC

Hitokiri Kenshin
04-20-2007, 11:36 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Koishi and the other girls from Please Teacher in a group shot.

crimson sky
04-20-2007, 11:37 PM
question from a girl- do any guys actually want to see girls crossplay???
What about j-rock?
Crossplay crossdressers?
What are your thoughts? I'm curious XD

Zyphen
04-20-2007, 11:58 PM
What about j-rock?
Crossplay crossdressers?

Yes. Yes there are guys who actually enjoy seeing girls dress up as men. We have a term for these type of guys.

I'm kidding. I'm kidding.

Personally, I'm only slightly put off and usually get over it after viewing a crossplay close up. A lot turn out quite cute, actually. Some characters just shouldn't be crossplayed though... *cough* Armstrong *cough*.

Way too many girls hijacking this thread. I think there were as many girl posters as guys when I browsed through. Time for a counter offensive.

cryo prime
04-21-2007, 12:28 AM

its funny because a friend from school is going to anime iowa and his girlfriend is doing rushuna

Strider
04-21-2007, 04:55 AM
What about j-rock?
Crossplay crossdressers?

I wouldn't mind it as long as the person doesn't take it too far. A costume is a costume, as long as when the costume is off, they are girly and not mannish. Of course, my initial reaction to them isn't going to be the best in the world, but after I got to know 'em, if I ever did, then it would be different.

knux
04-24-2007, 03:07 AM
Well I have a thing for princesses. Beautiful, sophisticated, elegant.
Kimonos are also very lovely.

But what I would love to see would be Orihime Soletta from 'Sakura Taisen 2'.
Her outfit with the red and gold. But that's a dream I'll probably never see fulfilled. :bigcry:

Next would be Anthy Himemiya from 'Utena' and Nadia from 'Fushugi no umi no Nadia' (Nadia and the Secret of Blue Water). Both princesses again.

My fandom is too old school to ever see. *sigh*

AznGalahad
04-24-2007, 05:46 AM
I would love to see a full group of the hime from mai-hime. Or just shizuru in her kimono with the long scythe whip thingy she has would rock my day.

zanko_san
04-24-2007, 05:58 AM
id like to see girls wearing any thing (MODEST) for once i mean don't you get tired of those skimpy outfits ? thats what i think anyway.

allthatsgeek
04-24-2007, 01:41 PM
id like to see girls wearing any thing (MODEST) for once i mean don't you get tired of those skimpy outfits ? thats what i think anyway.

Gotta tell ya, never get sick of it.

Mangochutney
04-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Badass girls--mecha girls, girls with guns, girls in body armor, girls in military uniforms, mecha girls with guns in body armor and military uniforms...

*ahem*

So, yes. Motoko Kusanagi and Integra Hellsing and Riza Hawkeye and Sniper Wolf and Turk Elena and anybody in a Gundam, please.

DS454
04-26-2007, 12:05 AM
I wouldn't mind it as long as the person doesn't take it too far. A costume is a costume, as long as when the costume is off, they are girly and not mannish. Of course, my initial reaction to them isn't going to be the best in the world, but after I got to know 'em, if I ever did, then it would be different.

you are so right, If i was dating someone and they wanted to crossplay, I would not care. A lady is a lady outside of costume/crossplay.

I would like to try and crossplay once in my life, but 1 getting old and 2 i get a 5 O'clock shadow WAY TO FAST.

OH YEAH and to answer the original question 16 pages ago ANYTHING ;)

DigitalLove
06-13-2007, 07:39 PM
i love to see a girl do a good crossplay, but it's rare when she can keep the sex appeal. EGL interpretations of guy characters can be supremely attractive, though...

i'd court any of miyazaki's teenage girls (sophie from howl's, suzuki from totoro, you get it) in the most romantic and gentlemanly way possible.

oh, yeah, and girls in space-age armor type costumes (samus, a female starcraft ghost) = eye candy

padgett87
06-13-2007, 08:57 PM
The first Girl I saw cosplaying who I thought was really hot was a Cammy so theres a special place in my heart for that, but Temari's from Naruto, and Morrigans and Lilliths from Darkstalkers are getting my attention now.

Shei Valentine
06-13-2007, 09:09 PM
*re-invades the thread, months later*
Just informing the guys that wanted to see it that I'm starting work on my Rushuna costume ^_^ Should be ready before November, and it shall debut at Youmacon!

masteva
06-14-2007, 07:57 AM
*re-invades the thread, months later*
Just informing the guys that wanted to see it that I'm starting work on my Rushuna costume ^_^ Should be ready before November, and it shall debut at Youmacon!

The only question I have in regards to this cosplay choice is this: Will your bosom be able to launch bullets??? :D

winwood
06-14-2007, 09:47 AM
i'm invading your thread..

I would love to see a full group of the hime from mai-hime. Or just shizuru in her kimono with the long scythe whip thingy she has would rock my day.

QFT. i'm such a huge shizuru fangirl, i'd love to see somebody do her otome robe aswell.

and i'd like to see more quistis, fuujin & integra cosplayers..

Ebby-chan
06-14-2007, 10:19 AM
The first Girl I saw cosplaying who I thought was really hot was a Cammy so theres a special place in my heart for that, but Temari's from Naruto, and Morrigans and Lilliths from Darkstalkers are getting my attention now.

Sorry for invading, but I've been told I'm one of the better temari cosplayers. Check out my profile.

Kuragiman
06-14-2007, 12:25 PM
All the girls from Tenchi Muyo
All the girls from El-Hazard
All the girls from Ranma 1/2
All the girls from Burst Angel
Any of the Fighting Games Femme Fatales
There are not enough Nancy cosplays in the world(R.O.D. - Black Cat Suit = Purrrr)
I could see 30 Ceras Victorias standing together and love them all.
Pirotess from Lodoss Wars but I don't know if anyone can get to that level of hotness.

The list is a mile long. I'll second the notion that any character is fine because they are all hot or cute. :D

masteva
06-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Oooooooohhhhhh... yeah, fighting game girls! Don't see a lot of them at all! That would be sweet!

Shei Valentine
06-14-2007, 01:29 PM
The only question I have in regards to this cosplay choice is this: Will your bosom be able to launch bullets??? :D

To be honest, I've got a couple friends trying to think up ways to make something to do the launching XD

At the very least, I'll carry some fake bullets with me so I can put them in my shirt or on top of my chest for photo ops. And I'll be giving anyone "lose the will to fight" hugs if they request as such ^_^

masteva
06-14-2007, 02:11 PM
To be honest, I've got a couple friends trying to think up ways to make something to do the launching XD

At the very least, I'll carry some fake bullets with me so I can put them in my shirt or on top of my chest for photo ops. And I'll be giving anyone "lose the will to fight" hugs if they request as such ^_^

HA!!! Too awesome!

If you can get the bullets to fly out somehow your cosplay would be complete!

IzumiContraband
06-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Bam! Girly-style invasion!

I love Haruhi Fujioka (Ouran High School Host Club)...she definitely has that "girl's girl" appeal...and she's gorgeous!!
My votes are also cast for any of the females from Shoujo Kakumei Utena. They all make my heart flutter like a little schoolgirl's.

So I noticed that some people seem to be pushing for girls in mecha costumes. What about girls in "little robot" costumes?...ie, Shinichi Mechazawa from Cromartie High School. ; )

Shei Valentine
06-14-2007, 02:57 PM
HA!!! Too awesome!

If you can get the bullets to fly out somehow your cosplay would be complete!

We're tossing around an idea about rigging one of those spring loaded cans you put those fake snakes in. If I make the tshirt big enough, there might be a way to stick it between the fabric and my chest, where you can't tell it's hidden in there.

DigitalLove
06-14-2007, 04:25 PM
rei from NGE is just so damn kinky. she'd totally be a starfish in the sack, though.

kiarou
06-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Id love to see some girls as Kallen or CC from code geass or angewomon, that would be cool

Leadmill
06-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Louis, Layla or Yuki from the Galaxy Railways as i've never seen it done before, and on the right person would look great!

Cyan Bloodbane
06-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Tokiko Mima (Key) From "Key the Metal Idol".

Why?

A: My favorite series of all time

B: I've never seen anyone cosplay her....ever.

AngelicDarkness
06-15-2007, 04:10 PM
I think it be hott 2 C a female dress-up as Tira from Soul Calibur 3, i found a pic of hottie dressed up as tira.
http://avgi.wordpress.com/2006/08/13/soul-calibur-3-tira/
I wish she would do a little more with her hair though.

Asami_AKA_Ants
06-15-2007, 05:10 PM
What I'd like to see?

a GOOD Belldandy.

Simply because
A) Not enough people do Belldandy cosplays, and
B) The people that do just can't ever get it right.

I've seen some *Decent* Belldandys but never a good one. Everyone is always missing something here or there or going all out on one part but then totally killing the rest of the costume. Nobody seems to be able to get the hair (IF they even do it) and I haven't seen one that can really capture that happy, gleeful "I'd do anything to help anyone" glow that Belldandy has.

Sorry to rant here but if you're going to do a Belldandy:

1. DO THE WHOLE COSTUME, that means do the jewelry, do the hair, and do the face markings, please.
2. Belldandy. DOES. NOT. have. wings. No, sorry, she doesn't. She has an ANGEL that has wings. If you want to make wings, do another character, or if you want I'll show you how to make a Holy Bell that can protrude from your back (Sadly, I've actually looked into this to see if/how it could be done, simply for this reason (admit it, it would be badass))
3. Quit with the excessive eye makeup, it looks like crap, and it's not something Belldandy would have. Making your eyes look bigger - sure, blue eyeshadow (Which for some reason seems to be popular with the Belldandy cosplays) makes you look like a whore. Sorry to be so blunt, but that's how it looks.
4. DO THE HAIR. Molding paste can work wonders if you have long hair, if not, WIGS, PEOPLE. A good wig can EASILY be styled to look like Belldandy's hair and long enough to look right.
5. This one can be hard, and it's something I can let go if you're REALLY trying, but at least TRY to have the innocent look in your pictures, even if you don't act it. Remember, Belldandy is a Goddess, she's innocent, she trusts EVERYONE, and she wants to spread happiness to all. She doesn't try to look sexy.

Again, sorry about that, but I HAD to say it SOMEWHERE.
*Feels like an ass*

Edit: Ok, so I AM being REALLY nit-picky here, but hey, this thread is about what I want to see, right? It's made for nit-picky-ness.

tfcreate
06-15-2007, 09:24 PM
What I'd like to see?

a GOOD Belldandy.

Simply because
A) Not enough people do Belldandy cosplays, and
B) The people that do just can't ever get it right.

I've seen some *Decent* Belldandys but never a good one. Everyone is always missing something here or there or going all out on one part but then totally killing the rest of the costume. Nobody seems to be able to get the hair (IF they even do it) and I haven't seen one that can really capture that happy, gleeful "I'd do anything to help anyone" glow that Belldandy has.

Sorry to rant here but if you're going to do a Belldandy:

1. DO THE WHOLE COSTUME, that means do the jewelry, do the hair, and do the face markings, please.
2. Belldandy. DOES. NOT. have. wings. No, sorry, she doesn't. She has an ANGEL that has wings. If you want to make wings, do another character, or if you want I'll show you how to make a Holy Bell that can protrude from your back (Sadly, I've actually looked into this to see if/how it could be done, simply for this reason (admit it, it would be badass))
3. Quit with the excessive eye makeup, it looks like crap, and it's not something Belldandy would have. Making your eyes look bigger - sure, blue eyeshadow (Which for some reason seems to be popular with the Belldandy cosplays) makes you look like a whore. Sorry to be so blunt, but that's how it looks.
4. DO THE HAIR. Molding paste can work wonders if you have long hair, if not, WIGS, PEOPLE. A good wig can EASILY be styled to look like Belldandy's hair and long enough to look right.
5. This one can be hard, and it's something I can let go if you're REALLY trying, but at least TRY to have the innocent look in your pictures, even if you don't act it. Remember, Belldandy is a Goddess, she's innocent, she trusts EVERYONE, and she wants to spread happiness to all. She doesn't try to look sexy.

Again, sorry about that, but I HAD to say it SOMEWHERE.
*Feels like an ass*

Edit: Ok, so I AM being REALLY nit-picky here, but hey, this thread is about what I want to see, right? It's made for nit-picky-ness.

My friend, you want an actress, with make-up artist and special-effects technician, not a cosplayer. I know of only 3 people even capible of even trying something like that and frankly, they won't even pick up the phone for less than 100K.

But, we can hope.

TFC

Asami_AKA_Ants
06-16-2007, 12:02 AM
My friend, you want an actress, with make-up artist and special-effects technician, not a cosplayer. I know of only 3 people even capible of even trying something like that and frankly, they won't even pick up the phone for less than 100K.

But, we can hope.

TFC

No no no, I'm not looking for perfect, I'm not looking for an actress, just... idk, someone who actually pays attention to who Belldandy is as a character. I see plenty of cosplayers out there that made a good costume, or did the hair decent and plenty of other good stuff, but it's always lacking that Belldandy aura. It's like either they try too hard and just kinda ruin it, or they throw it together and don't try at all. Maybe it's because I've been obsessively watching the anime lately, or perhaps I'm just too picky, but I'd just like to see someone put forth a good effort to look the part, and not only that, but to capture her innocence as a character. Is it really so much to ask?

tfcreate
06-16-2007, 12:23 AM
You're looking for not just a cosplayer, but someone who's a fan of the charater to the point of obsession. I can't recall a western cosplayer that hardcore. Plenty in Japan, though. You gotta try WHF or one of the cons there. The accuracy of the costumes is simply beyond belief.
TFC

Badass Fairy
06-16-2007, 12:28 AM
Hm, I don't think those expectations are too high. There are some cosplayers who are very dedicated to the accuracy of their characters. (I'm definitely not one of them.) BTW, I think people always add on the wings because they see it in artbook pictures?

Asami_AKA_Ants
06-16-2007, 01:16 AM
Yeah I've seen the wings too, and it IS a good look and people pull it off pretty well, but idk, I'm not an accuracy Nazi or anything, it just comes off as corny to me.

As far as pulling off the atmosphere to the character (as far as a picture goes anyway), it's as simple as standing straight, legs together, with your hands clasped together, and a warm and bright smile.

I've seen some people from the US do it very well (here on cosplay.com even)

2 particular people did a little better than the others, but as I said there's always something missing. For instance: One person did the costume good, even got the innocent look down pretty good, but she didn't do the hair. Another had an incredible costume, good hair, but she had so much eyeliner on it seriously killed the whole costume. She had wings too in a few shots, but I'll let that one slide =p

Bah as I said I'm being too picky, but I think it could be done with a little extra effort (and a little less makeup, in some cases LOL). If I weren't so damn fat I'd crossplay her and blow you girls out of the water ;D

Zashi
06-17-2007, 03:28 AM
Now that I think about what I want from girls cosplaying...I guess it comes down to several things: how they carry themselves in their cosplay, and their responses to people.

I mean you could see the most amazing cosplay ever, but if the girl in the costume comes off as totally snobbish along the lines of 'my cosplay is better than yours' then that turns me away. Yes they had a good cosplay, but the impression they leave doesn't give off the love for the character they may have.
For the responses to the people asking for pictures, most people don't mind being photographed, but some are strongly against it, and might lash out at you for asking such a thing. Again, it totally understandable if they do not their picture taken, but rather than making a scene of it, they could give a simple 'no' to end the entire thing.

when I meet someone in cosplay regardless of gender, its nice to see the energy that they give when they are wearing their costume, and can show that love to the rest of the world.

Razorback
06-17-2007, 04:44 AM
I'd love to see...

Taki - Soul Calibur (any part)
Tira - Soul Calibur III
Real - Ergo Proxy
Levy/Revy - Black Lagoon
Izumi Emi - Tenjo Tenge
Pirotess - Lodoss Wars
Dizzy - GuiltyGear XX

... that would be the best! :)

Maglo87
06-18-2007, 08:31 AM
I would be interested in seeing the following

Karin Koenig (Shadow Hearts 2)
Roya/Roia (Kiba anime)
Lenalee (D-grayMan)
Aisha Clanclan (Outlaw Star)
Melfina (Outlaw Star)
Maya (Legaia 2)
Sharon (Legaia 2)
Zero Suit Samus (No idea how this would be done)
Venus (Devil Kings)
Zhen Ji (Dynasty Warriors)
Diao Chan (Dynasty Warriors)
Pearl Fey (Phoenix Wright) That would be cute especially if a younger person
(Or at least shorter person) did this
Franziska Van Karma (Phoenix Wright) Watch the whip

and that's about it. I noticed that I mainly listed videogame characters, i guess that's because i dont watch too much anime

kitedragon
06-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Firstly, I love a quality costume, or at least one that appears to be good. No offense meant to those who arn't skilled at sewing. But it can make the oddest candidates look good in some costumes, and it simply appeals to the eye. Remember, in non revealing cosplay, the costume is seen before the skin and face. This is even more so at a distance. (And just for some more emphasis, most people find it easier to remember distinctive clothes than an accurate description of the face.)

Second, for the most part I love it when they are in character. I don't ask for them to speak any japanese and go to the extremes, but if they are 75% in character, it helps a lot.

As for specifics, I've never really thought much about this. Let me take out my "viewed anime/manga" list. Well, this is just me, but these are all the female characters that would either cause me to raise an eyebrow regardless of the quality of the cosplay. And I actually surprised myself when I realised how many anime shows I've seen in my life. The list:
The sister maidens from rozen maiden.
Early characters from Lucky Star, dance is optional. (But I would love one.)
The girls from Higurashi. Especially an amazingly accurate Shion, but that's asking for too much. *Laughs*
I would totally be in awe at a Mai Hime character paired up with a good child (especially one of the gigantic ones, but I don't expect it to be so large as to be unable to fit through a door).
Aka from REC.
Ciel, any costume, from Tsukihime.
Shana from Shana.
The girls from Seto no Hanayome, just to see these walking comedians in character.
The girls from Utawarerumono. (Even though I've heard that it's an H-game... would make sense, some of the characters are odd.)

HanakoWings
06-18-2007, 10:00 PM
I would love to see a perfect Midna and a wonderful Zelda. So far I have seen a pretty damn good Zelda and a decent Midna. This is gonna come off a sooooooo racist, but white girls can pull of Zelda, so they should try. I sure as hell can't...

I would also love it if the person could act in character as Midna. That would be so kick ass! The voice would be too much to ask, but if someone could have like a tape recorder and play it whenever she opened her mouth make it look like that's how she talks, even better. Then have like Zelda or Link translate for her. XD. That would be so awesome!

I also want to see a Mutated Alexia Ashford. Complete with maniacle laughter and probably paper fire. Like that paper you use to decorate parties with. I'm just easily amused like that. This though, woould probably be very expensive. So unless the girl has all them speacial effects paints and makeup artist, it could be a while.

The girl can be an ass, just as long as she stands there and looks pretty for me. Or kick ass in Alexia's costume. Have to remember that if you can pull of a costume, you will easily become annoyed at fan boys or even fan girls. I had a shitty costume and I was already freaking out from the attention.

jaiv28
06-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Well id like to see:
Jade - Beyond good and evil
Lucia - Devil May cry 2
Ashlin - Jak II & III
Ada Wong - Resident Evil 4
Joanna DArk - Perfect DArk Zero
Saki Kasukabe ( did I spell that right) - Genshiken
Rouge - Powerstone
Alicia - Mass Destruction

And Id relly really really really would like to see either
Tyurru or Inphyy from ninety nin nights. . .

oh and a few more Etnas and a few less Tifas ( tifa is great and all but way overdone)