PDA

View Full Version : FFX-2 Rikku scarf

yuuhoo
03-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Hello guys! Im a cosplaying super newbie, this will be my first year to ever cosplay! Im really nervous though, because I know almost nothing about cosplay. Im having trouble figuring out how to make a couple of aspects of my costume, #1 being the scarf for a FFX-2 Rikku costume. Is there anyone here who can knit at all, and takes commissions? Here is a pic of Rikku, so you can see the dilemma. I need the scarf to gradate from red to yellow as shown. I dont know how to dye things though, and I wanted it to look as smooth as possible. Any help would be so great! Thank you all! :D

http://bassanimation.com/media/ffx2_6.jpg

Im having a lot of trouble making this costume, and it's really so simple! :confused: I hope I get better at this later on, haha.

Duncan
03-19-2003, 01:31 PM
I would dye half of it orange, wait for it to dry, then dye the end of it red. I'm the sure countless numbers of girls who have done Yuna's summoner robes can help you with the smooth gradition effect with dying though.

Melchior
03-22-2003, 02:09 PM
Make a scarf out of yellow fabric.

Then, fill a large tub with the orangish/red dye. Fold the scarf in half and hold the ends out of the tub while you dunk the rest in. VERY slowly and gradually lift the scarf out over a period of 10 or so minutes (i dont know exactly since I havent worked with dye). This way the parts that are still in there are getting more time to soak in dye so they will be darker.

This is the method I have heard works best, but I'm sure there are ways of making it easier.