PDA

View Full Version : Not enough Disgaea Cosplayers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

0ni-mt
09-29-2006, 08:19 AM
its so true
considering how many amazing costumes there are in that game there should be more people cosplaying it

for example im the first person ever to be cosplaying Axel the Dark Hero from Disgaea 2
i wish there were more people that cosplayed undercosplayed characters :hafha:

Unbroken Hope
09-30-2006, 11:22 AM
for example im the first person ever to be cosplaying Axel the Dark Hero from Disgaea 2

Doubt that. Even if you can't find a picture online, someone has probably already cosplayed it (especially someone in Japan). Unless it's an original character or really really really new, someone has already cosplayed everything.

I would cosplay Etna, but her body is insane and I don't yet fill comfortable in something that revealing. (Gotta get to the gym ^_^; )

Otherwise, yeah, it's pretty under-cosplayed, but its not a super well known game either. I really only see Etna and Flonne cosplayers, lol. XD

Muyami-sama
09-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Hey, gimme some of the costumes, and I may do that, I'm i for being abit different

kitty119
09-30-2006, 05:44 PM
I'd love to do Flonne at some point. I could pull her off. I can be sickeningly cute. ^_^

Runi-Chan
09-30-2006, 09:32 PM
^.^ No, there really aren't enough Disgaea cosplayers. Even less from 2.

otakuapprentice
10-01-2006, 02:37 AM
yea, that game doesn't get enough love, from both a game and art stand-point. later on sometime next year, i plan on cosplaying as Adell from Disgaea 2. but yea, there arent alot of Disgaea cosplayers, mostly just Etna and Flonne.

JavaFox
10-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Hehe, I cosplayed Etna at Otakon 06.
Will be doing either Samurai or Ninja (of Disgaea 2) for Katsucon 07, with my boyfriend as boy Ninja.

So while the amount should be more, there are still some of us doing it!

GraveTheUndead
10-02-2006, 03:45 PM
I cosplayed as the Gunner Class and Adell from Disgaea 2

Masami
10-10-2006, 10:35 AM
A few of my close friends and I are planning a small Disgaea 2 group for Katsucon! =) I'm super hyped! But I know what you mean.. I'm pretty suprised with all the different costumes that there are not more cosplayers!

Jes
10-10-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm Totally Cosplaying as Rozalin or Etna.. Both if I'm lucky. If I can't muster up enough moneyssss for Rozy, i'll be Etnaaaa<3

KnuxieChan
10-11-2006, 05:42 AM
I cosplayed Laharl for a few cons back in 05. (HOLY CRAP. Am I the first female to cosplay him?) I need to revamp the wig 'n stuff.

My friends said I'd make a good Mid-Boss because of my body type. XD

It is true, the game doesn't get much love. I've really only seen the Samurai, Etna, and Flonne done the most.

Captin Kyo
10-11-2006, 03:44 PM
im making a plenair costume xD and my friends tell me to make a female gunner, but i cant find a picture so eh xD;

But i have alot of friends who are making disgaea characters aswell xD i have a friend whos making etna and wants to make rozalin and another whos making theif, ronin and flonne

Bunnie-Fu
10-11-2006, 06:19 PM
YesK YO! And I'm THAT friend thats going to cosplay the Ronin and star mage from Disgaea 1 and the Theif, Witch, Kunoichi, and Demon Flonne from Disgaea 2. I'm excited o_o

I'm pretty damn sure hteres a female gunner! I know I saw a picture! TT^TT I hsould've saved it.....

im making a plenair costume xD and my friends tell me to make a female gunner, but i cant find a picture so eh xD;

But i have alot of friends who are making disgaea characters aswell xD i have a friend whos making etna and wants to make rozalin and another whos making theif, ronin and flonne

Artikgato
11-02-2006, 10:46 AM
I'm not 100% sure, but the probability is very good that there will be a Laharl (me! Wewt for insane crossplay!), Fallen Angel Flonne, and Etna at Animazement 2007. Me may also have a human-form Prinny or two, to do my bidding.
AH~HA HA HA HA HA HAAA!

Tenucha
11-02-2006, 06:06 PM
I was gonna cosplay someone from Disgaea... until I realized how very little even the male characters wear!!

And that I'm 6'6" anyway... Being Laharl, for example, would look a 'lil goofy

Aleze
11-04-2006, 08:42 PM
There are a fair number of Disgaea cosplayers considering how much most people loathe strategy games. And Disgaea 2 is still a really new game: give people a chance to play it. Etnas are a dime a dozen (plus Flonnes) and there were about 4 Adells at AX. I've even seen Laharls. I personally have cosplayed Etna from the first game and female warrior from the second. And one of my friends cosplayed as a geosymbol a couple years back.

I would really like to see a prinny though . . .

Tenucha
11-05-2006, 12:12 AM
I bought a Prinny plushie from the NPS booth at AX! :D

Pretty Sammy
11-05-2006, 09:42 AM
One of these days I want to really make an Etna cosplay. X3 I <3 Disgaea to itty bitty bits. I would do Flonne, since I like her better, but I think Etna suits me better then Flonne. ^.~

Pretty Sammy
11-05-2006, 09:43 AM
I would really like to see a prinny though . . .

O___________________O Genius.

MH-chan
11-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Prinny~? I want to do that sometime!

I am completly addicted to Disgaea (the second one not as loved)
But I wouldn't be good as any of the characters x_x;;
But the prinny thing gave me an interesting idea~<3

As for seeing them I saw an Etna at AUSA
andandand.. pretty sure thats it for me.

Memoru
11-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Aww, no one as the magic knight? I plan to cosplay that for my next con or so. That or the beast master.

Someday there should be a group of Prism Rangers. xD

Sivistys
12-06-2006, 02:49 AM
I'm planning to do Yukimaru from Disgaea 2. I know it sounds crazy with my abilities, but I think that I might be able to pull it off. Most probably I'd get lots of glomps and 'ohh's my way if it looks even relatively good. In Finland not many people put so much effort into their cosplays. Like me. n_n'' But that's gonna change. Yukimaru is gonna be a pain in the back, though.

MH-chan
12-06-2006, 07:36 AM
Aww, no one as the magic knight? I plan to cosplay that for my next con or so. That or the beast master.

Someday there should be a group of Prism Rangers. xD

*raises hand* Count me in! :3
Each con I go to I always hope to see Prism rangers
but alas, I've never seen any.

ChibiTifa05
12-06-2006, 12:27 PM
I would so cosplay Rosalyn....if I knew which way her dress was going. XD In the official artwork, it looks like her fabric of her bows go every which-way. Meh, I guess I'll use my own interpretation....one day lol.

~Steel RK9~
12-07-2006, 07:31 PM
I'm planning on cosplaying Adell sometime in teh near future and the female samurai from the first game...I'd <3 a Yukimaru costume if I could figure out how to make it.

Shippo87: How exactly did you pull off a female Laharl? I always wanted to cosplay him but I didn't think it would exactly work.

I looked for Adell ref pictures but couldn't find any from the back. Anyone have any they'd like to share with me? I know he has some yellow and brown fanny pack-type thing...

Devi 1313
12-11-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm actually working on an Etna costume for Fanime next year. I must admit it's not my type of game but I thought Etna was an awesome character! I'm hoping to make a prinny backpack to schlep my stuff in.

KnuxieChan
12-12-2006, 05:35 AM
Shippo87: How exactly did you pull off a female Laharl? I always wanted to cosplay him but I didn't think it would exactly work.I wore a flesh-toned body suit. I think the next time I cosplay him, I'll just wear binding and a flesh-colored top. The body suit looks kinda silly on me..

I have some pics in my gallery.

~Steel RK9~
12-12-2006, 07:35 AM
Wow that costume is really good, I never thought about wearing a bodysuit. And I love your Tron costume as well (<-- Is a complete Megaman fangirl) ^_^

My sister is going to AN with me this year as Taro...I guess she is just destined to cosplay as my younger "brother" (we were Seto and Mokuba a couple years back).

ookami-chan
12-12-2006, 04:12 PM
My friends and I really like Disgaea. One of these days, we're planning a cosplay. xD One of these days!! We're going to somehow manage to fit it in with all the other cosplays we're doing--eventually. When the time comes, I'll be going as Etna. =D

~Steel RK9~
12-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Does anyone have the slightest clue as to how to make Adell's shirt? I can't find any pics of him from behind but the back of his shirt from the shoulderblades up is cut away leaving just the collar, that's the best way I can describe it. It looks like the front of the shirt attaches to the back of the collar or something.

Any advice? I need the help x_x

katio-chan
03-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Hee, hee. You guys all seem down about the amount of disgaea cosplays but my friend and I are going to be doing Ronin and Flonne so watch out for us! And acutally a lot of people have been cosplaying disgaea..... well I guess now they have ><

Nia
03-07-2007, 07:57 PM
I saw 3 or 4 Disgaea cosplayers last year at one con. And my sister plans on doing a Disagea Flonne cosplay this year as well. xD But I'm not into the game personally, so I really don't care how many there are.

Aww, but you know, I would just LOVE to see a Taro cosplay. He's the only character I like from that game.<33

Razia
03-07-2007, 09:19 PM
I think I wanna attempt Rozalin someday--she's not my favorite character, but she looks really cool ... and I guess I just want an excuse to make a hoop skirt XD

My b/f was thinking of doing Mid-Boss but he chickened out once I reminded him of how skimpy the outfit is XD I was gonna alter the design >.>

feytaline
03-12-2007, 02:15 AM
Don't worry. There are more on the way. ... Not saying anything else. Just look forward to it, ok?

Envel
03-26-2007, 08:43 PM
We're doing Etna and Lieutenant Boss for Otakon this year. *shrug*

Captin Kyo
03-26-2007, 09:36 PM
ive seen alot of disgaea cosplays xD and plan some my own... my friend was enta and plans lots more disgaea cosplays... im working on plenair and female gunner even tho it doesnt exist ;-; xD im making one.

Kerotan
03-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Ahh @_@ I'm a huge fan of Disgaea xD and I'd kill to see more cosplays of it <3. I'm cosplaying as Fallen Angel Flonne at Anime North'07 xD and my friend is going as Etna ~ And another possibly going as Curtis

I was SO close to convincing my (now ex) boyfriend to cosplay Laharl last year, but he wasn't too happy about parading around in short-shorts XD damn. ;_; We need more Laharl~~~

Devi 1313
03-29-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm going to do Etna for Fanime this year simply for the fact that she has bat wings and so do I!

thegreenronin
03-29-2007, 10:43 PM
The male characters would be a little rough i think...laharl is a half naked kid, gordon looks like a million other characters and if somebody tried the robot peopel would just think it was the robot from lost in space. The females would be a lot easier I think particularly flaun. Though all problems aside I would love to see somebody dressed as a prinny.

Razia
03-30-2007, 07:58 AM
A prinny would be awesome. Not sure how you'd do the feet, tho.

livengood
04-02-2007, 02:49 AM
I actually cosplayed Pleinair for the SoCal picnic yesterday. OMG, the costume is so cute and comfortable! More people should cosplay Pleinair.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=70336&member=33912

There we go.

also, Ms. Narusegawa has a good photo of my costume. http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1034058

Meester_Cosplay
04-02-2007, 03:42 AM
I wanna do a Prinny cosplay! I'd have to get a lot of fleece for it tho....dood!

Seriphina
04-03-2007, 05:58 PM
my group and i went as etna, laharl, and flonne to last year's otakon. there were 2 other laharl & flonne pairs there too.

prinnys i actually see a lot of. i've only been to one convention since disgaea came out that i haven't seen a prinny.

nemisiscat
04-11-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm planning out a Rozalin costume. ^_^ I'm getting advice on to how to do the costume and such:

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=1820785#post1820785
Asking for help on her wig

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=1820990#post1820990
Asking for help on everything else. lol

Feel free to drop by if you think you can contribute~

But yeah, my forum's gonna do a Disgaea group cosplay... Disgaea 1 and 2. ^_^

feytaline
04-11-2007, 08:11 PM
This weekend at Tekko, I will be Etna, my boyfriend is Vyers, our roommate is Flonne, and a dear friend is Pleinair. We had a Laharl, but his wig isn't going to come on time, so he had to drop out. ;-; But please look forward to seeing our pics!

totemo_oishii
04-11-2007, 08:13 PM
I cosplayed a red mage from Disgaea. ^___^

Cinnamon_Spider
04-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Like Totemo_oishii I will be doing a red mage cosplay sometime next year.

<---Points to Avatar.

stafffighter
04-14-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm considering a Ronin cosplay for next year, saw the design and I really like it.

Captin Kyo
04-15-2007, 02:51 PM
I added some plenair progress shots if anyone would like to take a look.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=39970&member=43264

also question... where can i get... a light blue wig? besides ebay cuz i already looked there x.x

ravenmist
04-15-2007, 10:35 PM
After playing the first one again I'm very tempted to do a Disgaea cosplay. But I can't find any good reference pictures of the different class characters. I'd love to do one of the mages or archers, but I can't find any good pictures.
Anyone have a good site to check out?

nemisiscat
04-16-2007, 11:43 AM
http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/Disgaea/

That has quite a few class pictures on it.

I'm just happy I found a corset that gives me the proper lift for Rozalin. <3

Ishmer
04-16-2007, 02:29 PM
I might be able to pull of the fake overlord zenon from disgea 2 I would have to get some fake chops and a blond wig but otherwise I am about the right size, 6 feet tall and wide shoulders

livengood
04-17-2007, 01:15 AM
http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/Disgaea/

That has quite a few class pictures on it.

I'm just happy I found a corset that gives me the proper lift for Rozalin. <3

That's a great group for reference. But no Pleinair. ;__;

Ishmer
04-17-2007, 01:53 AM
After playing the first one again I'm very tempted to do a Disgaea cosplay. But I can't find any good reference pictures of the different class characters. I'd love to do one of the mages or archers, but I can't find any good pictures.
Anyone have a good site to check out?

There was a disgea anime that shows 360 views of most of the characters from the first game. For a little money you can download it from
http://www.narutofan.com/plus.php

Captin Kyo
04-17-2007, 07:14 AM
i love the female gunner's outfit in disgaea 2 but im not too sure i could wear some belts for a top >.>;

is there a female gunner? i havent played the second one yet so i dont know if t heres on in there >.>

nemisiscat
04-17-2007, 11:41 AM
That's a great group for reference. But no Pleinair. ;__;

What? I could have sworn there was at least one on one of the pages... =o I'm sorry! T_T

Ishmer
04-17-2007, 01:28 PM
the one with the belts for a top is the femal warrior
the gunner is wearing a cape type thing and a large brimmed hat.

feytaline
04-17-2007, 10:32 PM
This weekend at Tekkoshocon 2007, myself, Fate, Terranell and Canterella (I think I spelled that right) did a Disgaea group! Sadly our Laharl had to drop out due to his wig not arriving on time, but we had Etna, Vyers (aka Mid-boss), Flonne, and Pleinair. And there was another Etna as well as demon Flonne there as well! I'll be posting pics soon. :)

nemisiscat
04-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Awesome! Can't wait to see 'em! =D

dizzylizzy
04-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Did someone say Pleinair?
http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/u1h/cg/cg.htm
That's a WHOLE bunch of Pleinair pics. ^^

Speaking of Pleinari... I did a version for AUSA. It's in my gallery. I'm working on Archer right now for ANext. So excited!!

Captin Kyo
04-18-2007, 05:28 AM
XD thats where i got all my plenair piccus~ i had lost the link and couldnt remember where~ thank yous.

i love your cosplays dizzylizzy~ your shark is so cute too x3 where did u get your wig?

dizzylizzy
04-18-2007, 04:14 PM
i love your cosplays dizzylizzy~ your shark is so cute too x3 where did u get your wig?

::hugs:: thanks! ^^

The wig is from wowwigs http://store.wowwigs.com/candy1.html The sad thing is that it's a tight fit. : ( It didn't cover my hair line. I had to stratigically style it on my head. My friend (who was the other Pleinair) had the same issues. I love the wig... just.... small. It's the first time I ever had that problem!

Funny thing about the shark.... I have a HUGE fear of sharks. Last night my fiance' had to move the shark and placed it on the bed. I walked inthe room... saw it... and shrieked. ^^;; I didn't expect it to be ther. I mean... it's HUGE... and in my bed!

Terranell
04-18-2007, 06:07 PM
This weekend at Tekkoshocon 2007, myself, Fate, Terranell and Canterella (I think I spelled that right) did a Disgaea group! Sadly our Laharl had to drop out due to his wig not arriving on time, but we had Etna, Vyers (aka Mid-boss), Flonne, and Pleinair. And there was another Etna as well as demon Flonne there as well! I'll be posting pics soon. :)

XD This was such a fun group to be in. When Deathcom uploads their pictures I'll post a link.

Pocketfightr
04-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Two years ago, I cosplayed as an archer, my boyfriend as a scout. Last year, I was Pram and he was a skull mage (best costume ever, he had people staring before he had walked three feet away from our hotel room).

It looks we might be part of a group at AKon, I just need to dust off and repair my archer and one of his costumes.

(edit-grammar)

PepeluTivursky
04-20-2007, 11:12 AM
I've been throwing around the idea of doing a Pram cosplay myself. I'd love to do Etna but, as a plus sized gal, she could do with some more clothing for my cosplay tastes :)

livengood
04-20-2007, 11:54 PM
Did someone say Pleinair?
http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/u1h/cg/cg.htm
That's a WHOLE bunch of Pleinair pics. ^^

Speaking of Pleinari... I did a version for AUSA. It's in my gallery. I'm working on Archer right now for ANext. So excited!!

That'd be me. My version's in my gallery and I just finished making my Usagi plushie last night. It was my first time making a plushie so he looks weird. I plan to take his stuffing out after Sunday and turn him back inside out so I can duplicate the pattern and correct it. Funniest thing, I have a plushie shark that looks a LOT like Seme-san except it's got black eyes and no mouth stiches.

Terranell
04-21-2007, 01:07 AM
Two years ago, I cosplayed as an archer, my boyfriend as a scout. Last year, I was Pram and he was a skull mage (best costume ever, he had people staring before he had walked three feet away from our hotel room).

It looks we might be part of a group at AKon, I just need to dust off and repair my archer and one of his costumes.

(edit-grammar)

I want to see the Pram costume!

And great icon, by the way. =P

feytaline
04-21-2007, 10:54 PM
^seconds the Pram comment.

I was considering doing a Pram cosplay... if Fate did Mickey, and Tim did Zetta. XD

they would, too.

Pocketfightr
04-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Thanks. ^_^

I haven't gotten my costumes uploaded on here (I'm fairly new to the board and have only been able to find time to browse it at work).

I do have it up at cosplaylab.
http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=102467

Looking back on it now, I really regret my fabric choice. >_< I also cheated on the skirt... for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to make it balloon out like hers.

Terranell
04-23-2007, 10:52 PM
XD Rock on, Pocketfightr! I love the shackles of doom.

Here is our Disgaea group from Tekkoshocon 2007.
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=72566&member=45757
More pictures can be found in the Tekkoshocon section of www.deathcom.net

Pocketfightr
04-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks! :)
That is quite an awesome group, I love the fact you guys got a Mid-Boss and Plenair. I honestly haven't seen anyone cosplay either, in person.

Here's my boyfriend as a skull mage:
http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=126851

He told me two weeks before the con that 'yes had the costume been available, he would dress as skull mage' (after a month or so of my teasing about how he should be one). My only regret is that I didn't have time to research a decent method to make the mask.

[Fate]
04-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I was the Mid-Boss from Tekko V.

I'll tell you, his wings are a pain to make. I'm remaking them so they're larger for Otakon, so I'm kinda worried about taking out other attendees as I wander through the crowds. Even when I pulled them in to kinda' ninja through I still managed to poke a few people. >.>

Envel
04-25-2007, 08:31 PM
;1844257']Yeah, I was the Mid-Boss from Tekko V.

I'll tell you, his wings are a pain to make. I'm remaking them so they're larger for Otakon, so I'm kinda worried about taking out other attendees as I wander through the crowds. Even when I pulled them in to kinda' ninja through I still managed to poke a few people. >.>

My friend and I will have similar problems. I'm sure my Etna wig will stab someone in the eye at some point, and I'll fwap someone with my tail sometime.

My friend who's doing Lt. Boss will have a time with getting around in those wings. o.<;

Ashbrie
04-25-2007, 08:43 PM
I cosplayed Etna a billion years ago. That costume was a pain in the butt D:

I'm hoping to eventually remake it now that I'm a bit more experienced. Work out all the kinks and such. The major issues were the tail, wig, and I couldn't get my darn belt buckles to not flop down. Pfft, I'm sure there were other things but it was too long ago to remember >_>;;

I wanna make a billion more Disgaea outfits too. I just gotta DO them! Disgaea majorly needs more lovin'

Devi 1313
04-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Oooh, I have pics of my new Etna wig uploaded! I'll definately have to watch out for poking people and blocking views.

Envel
04-25-2007, 11:27 PM
Oooh, I have pics of my new Etna wig uploaded! I'll definately have to watch out for poking people and blocking views.

I think I'm in love with you for being the first Etna wig I've ever seen in an accurate shade of pink. That's actually about the exact color my wig dye came out. : )

I've seen a few red, but y'know, in 9/10 pictures it's pink.

Devi 1313
04-25-2007, 11:56 PM
most people are probably going by the anime for the color, but I really don't like the way she was drawn in the anime or manga so I just stick with the first game.

Envel
04-26-2007, 12:01 AM
most people are probably going by the anime for the color, but I really don't like the way she was drawn in the anime or manga so I just stick with the first game.

Ugh, don't get me started on the anime. They dummied Etna's design down, especially her hair, a LOT. In some shots, her black pleather even looks green! D=

And I didn't like the manga art style, it didn't look very "Disgaea" to me.

But I can't wait to fnish Etna I've already got the earrings and necklace done. I can't start on the wig til I get home for the summer, though. *tear*

First pigtail experience! =D

And I get to custom dye my firend's Lt. Boss wig!

feytaline
04-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Ah, pigtails. >.< Good luck with that, Terranell tells me they're pretty difficult.

And custom dying is fun! ... but it didn't quite work with my Etna. We had a really good shade, but didn't have enough time to give it enough coats. Etna's hair is such a bizarre color. It's not just the anime that has her in this weird red-magenta-brown tint, in the official game art it appears magenta (but I think that's due to the blue tint most of the art has), in the game it's red-pink, in the manga it's pinkish.... AAGGH! I'm still not sure what color to go for when I get my next wig. >.<

nemisiscat
04-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Pigtails aren't too difficult. Just use the tutorial for pigtails on http://www.pettingzoowigs.com

Envel
04-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I've practiced, and pigtails are more boring and monotonous than hard. : ) The hard part will be getting the spikes to stay where I want them. But I've gotten pretty good at making wigs defy gravity, so Etna should just be tedious more than hard.

My Etna shade of pink, by looking at the picture she's got there, is the same color as Devi's there, which is the same color as the game sprites. (woo!)

Devi 1313
04-27-2007, 10:13 PM
yea, I found a pic somewhere that had all of Etna's expressions from the game and that seemed to be the most accurate I could get!

Envel
04-28-2007, 11:23 PM
yea, I found a pic somewhere that had all of Etna's expressions from the game and that seemed to be the most accurate I could get!

Hah? For the color?

Actually, her hair is really dark in those pictures if I remember correctly. It also gave someone reason to make Etna's hair purple. o_O;

I think the most "accurate" color is that weird color that the sprites are. (Which looks to be the color that you have. : ) )

I'm using my Etna statue to make the shape of the spikes. I was going to use the full-body Etna art reference, but a 3D model is much more helpful and helps to know what it'll really look like in person before you do it. XD

Envel
04-29-2007, 01:28 PM
@Devi: Why'd the percent on your Etna go down? Oh noez. D=

OMG, Etna has been dyed and I LOVE my color. <3 Too bad I need to make more of it to finish the extensions... ._.

I think I'll finish poking around with the construction of the boots this week... Then I can paint them. >D

feytaline
04-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Hmm, not to take the subject off of Etna's hair or anything, but does anyone have a good, color ref pic of the back of Vyer's jacket? The one in the artbook is black and white and tiiiiiny. I'm willing to use the anime for ref... anyone have any screenshots/links on hand?

Envel
04-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Hmm, not to take the subject off of Etna's hair or anything, but does anyone have a good, color ref pic of the back of Vyer's jacket? The one in the artbook is black and white and tiiiiiny. I'm willing to use the anime for ref... anyone have any screenshots/links on hand?

The anime is the only color reference you'll find. I have the artbook as well, and the only back pic is in b/w. Same with the manga. So you'll have to do a screenshot.

But I'm pretty sure the rose is red. I just don't see it being pink. He's not -that- gay. ^_~

Devi 1313
05-01-2007, 02:09 PM
@Devi: Why'd the percent on your Etna go down? Oh noez. D=

OMG, Etna has been dyed and I LOVE my color. <3 Too bad I need to make more of it to finish the extensions... ._.

I think I'll finish poking around with the construction of the boots this week... Then I can paint them. >D

eh, I wasn't gauging it right. At first I thought "I have all the supplies so that makes it like 50%, right?" back then I was going to use latex stockings and gloves, but now I've decided not to. Really we're just now starting on it.

Oh, does anyone want some size small latex gloves and thigh high stockings? Never worn! I can throw in a big bottle of talc too!

Envel
05-01-2007, 07:13 PM
eh, I wasn't gauging it right. At first I thought "I have all the supplies so that makes it like 50%, right?" back then I was going to use latex stockings and gloves, but now I've decided not to. Really we're just now starting on it.

Oh, does anyone want some size small latex gloves and thigh high stockings? Never worn! I can throw in a big bottle of talc too!

Yes, please don't use latex. o_o

I have PVC pleather gloves I'm using, and I just finished the base for the thigh highs in PVC pleather earlier as well.

What are you making her top/skirt out of? You should make matching thigh highs out of that if possible, I just prefer the look of that over those cheapo regular panty hose thigh high things. >_>;

Oh, and I just altered the belt buckles for Etna the other night. I found enough identical buckles, but they all had this weird extra piece on them, so I had to use pliers to tear the weird extra pieces off. My hands are sore.

Devi 1313
05-02-2007, 01:47 AM
All my stuff; top, skirt, gloves and "stockings" are going to be made out of the same batch of 4-way stretch PVC. I managed to get 10 big matching buckles from a very nice man that runs a shoe repair shop in town. I had to have my Etna boots widened (because they're made for Anime girlies with straight up and down calves) and mom thought to ask if he could order buckles!

The thigh hi's have me worried. We started them and I wore them around a bit and they crawled down a lot. I bought fashion tape but I don't know if that'll be strong enough. I'm considering remaking them with a little elastic at the top. Are you putting feet on yours? Mine are essentially leg warmers cut off at the ankles.

Envel
05-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Yes, mine cut off at the ankles. There's no point in making footsies, unless you want really sweaty toes. (Ewww =P)

I LOVE YOU! One of my peeves is when an Etna has a beautiful outfit, but her thigh highs are just cheap stockings. A look at any picture of her will tell you that her stockings are the same fabric as the rest of her outfit. <3 I would put some fashion tape on your stockings and see how that works for you. If that doesn't work, you can try spirit gum. But really, elastic won't hold something to your thigh, it won't work. If the fashion tape doesn't work, though, rather than spirit gum, I'd try making a garter with clear straps. But I haven't gotten that far yet, I'm preoccupied with the wig. *Hates pigtails*

I have a mass of buckles. They're rather small, but we'll see how it looks when it's done. In some pictures, Etna's belts are massive, in others they kind of like to hide. They're sort of a medium on the statue, but since I'm short and so everything on me is smaller, I'm thinking the smaller buckles might work. (If not, I'll just have to buy more.)

feytaline
05-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Not to start that d-word, but it would be nice if this thread could have a little more content than critiquing Etna's who aren't even in this thread who use different references, materials, and techniques in every other post. >.> Could we try to focus more on positive reinforcement, rather than "don't do that this other person did that and I hated it/think that is sooo inaccurate?"

Could also be I'm cranky because I finally got decent pleather-looking vinyl for Disgaea 2 Etna (which my friends have dubbed 'skanky Etna' lol) and when I got home, I noticed all sorts of little dents in the second yard... as well as clear and obvious footprints on the back. I hadn't noticed at the store because it was rolled up, and the first yard I could see looked fine on the outside... GRAWR. Hopefully I can exchange it. I am not a fan of the vinyl I used for Etna 1 since it came off as too shiny, but this stuff seemed like it would be perfect. I hope they have more...

Oh, and as for buckles, Tandy Leather has all sorts for CHEAP.

Envel
05-04-2007, 10:41 PM
FOOTPRINTS? I would be so peeved if I bought fabric to find that it had footprints on it. Then I would murder if they didn't at least let you exchange it.

*Looks at gallery.* You don't like the pleather you used for your first Etna? I rather like it. XD

I actually found a really good site that sells belt buckles. eJoyce.com has lots of them in lots of sizes and colors.

I'm getting 6 buckles in the next-to-biggest size for Etna, then four of the biggest ones for the skirt. The buckles I already have, it turns out, are way too small. o.<;

And here I am hand-stitching Etna's skirt because PVC pleather does noooot like my machine. And I didn't buy enough white to account for mistakes. Stupid me.

Oh, did you get that color pic of Vyer's back that you were looking for?

Devi 1313
05-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Could also be I'm cranky because I finally got decent pleather-looking vinyl for Disgaea 2 Etna (which my friends have dubbed 'skanky Etna' lol) and when I got home, I noticed all sorts of little dents in the second yard... as well as clear and obvious footprints on the back. I hadn't noticed at the store because it was rolled up, and the first yard I could see looked fine on the outside... GRAWR. Hopefully I can exchange it. I am not a fan of the vinyl I used for Etna 1 since it came off as too shiny, but this stuff seemed like it would be perfect. I hope they have more...

Oh, and as for buckles, Tandy Leather has all sorts for CHEAP.

Out of curiosity, how are you going to pull off that top, or rather keep it on? It's rather...small.

The main problem I have with my vinyl is it wrinkles sooo easily and the creases stay! I hope it's not noticeable. And I wonder if I should cheat on my straps and back them with cheap lining fabric as opposed to double layers of vinyl. No one'll see it (I hope) and it'll make what I have last longer.

Oh, does anyone have any experience poking holes in vinyl for grommets? I doubt a hole punch will work.

Envel
05-05-2007, 12:02 AM
No real experience with grommets and pleather/vinyl. I'd just be very careful when poking the hole. You can practice on scrap pieces if that helps. ^_~

I don't know about feytaline's top, but my prototype one stayed up pretty much on its own, and I didn't even put straps on it. It was very fitted, that could be why. The reason I'm redoing it is because my darts look retarded. >_>

And... Back your straps with other fabric or vinyl? What do you mean? I just bought some nice trim by the yard that I'm using for the straps.

Fire Lily
05-05-2007, 01:02 AM
Etna was my first costume. In keeping with everyone's Etna theme, I will say that I just bought a leather biker halter top and altered it - but handsewing leather with normal needles nearly killed me (that was when I was just starting out, I'm much smarter now!) :) Sewed a bra inside for the support and straps, but I think it looks great. I'm really proud of my costume b/c it was my first. I still might change the boots, though.

For grommet holes, make sure you secure the spot you want the hole at first. Line the back of it with a tough fabric/lining/interfacing, or the vinyl will split apart and tear. Buy a leather punch and use a hammer to punch the holes. You can find them at Michael's for $7-8.

Back to the original topic, I WANT MORE PRINNY COSPLAYERS!!!!! Definitely not enough of them!

Devi 1313
05-05-2007, 01:55 AM
For grommet holes, make sure you secure the spot you want the hole at first. Line the back of it with a tough fabric/lining/interfacing, or the vinyl will split apart and tear. Buy a leather punch and use a hammer to punch the holes. You can find them at Michael's for $7-8.

Back to the original topic, I WANT MORE PRINNY COSPLAYERS!!!!! Definitely not enough of them!

Hmm, tough fabric... well I guess taffeta is out! Twilight Clover, what I meant was put 2 layers of fabric together for the straps; the visible side would be vinyl and the other would be...um... not taffeta.

I was looking for a prinny plushie to go with my costume but then I found a cute hand-made Laharl plushie that I plan on toting around! He should hang nicely from my skirt straps. The group that made him was called Vagabondage.

Envel
05-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Etna was my first costume. In keeping with everyone's Etna theme, I will say that I just bought a leather biker halter top and altered it - but handsewing leather with normal needles nearly killed me (that was when I was just starting out, I'm much smarter now!) :) Sewed a bra inside for the support and straps, but I think it looks great. I'm really proud of my costume b/c it was my first. I still might change the boots, though.

Sewing through leather. >.< You's a crazy lady. It looked really good in the end, though. And I lurve your wig.

I painted on Etna's boots all last night. With the silver paint, you can't even tell that they were suede to start with, which makes me happy. I'm trying to keep consistent with the shininess since I'm basing mine on the figure... Which is ungodly shiny. Why, oh, why did they paint that poor thing with metallic paint? ._. Except I'm using the colors from the pictures.

But I totally want to do the purple outfitted orange haired Etna one day.

Well, I might just make the purple outfit, since I REALLY don't want to make another Etna wig anytime soon.

@Devi: I'm sure your straps will be find if you put the taffeta on the underside if you plan on using it. : ) No one will ever know what you lined it with. Heck, I use satin instead of regular lining sometimes because I need it to keep me warm. >_>;

Devi 1313
05-05-2007, 03:23 PM
I just figured taffeta's not strong enough to stand up against a hole punch. But I dunno, could it? I still know almost nothing about sewing.

Fire Lily; I liked your leather top too! I almost considered doing my whole outfit out of leather, but that'd be more frustrating than even vinyl.

Envel
05-05-2007, 03:27 PM
That'd be really expensive too. >.< If you have the patience/skill to work with leather, more power to you. I'm not quite ready to stab my fingers anymore... I can't tell you how much skin I've lost just sewing this PVC pleather. D=

Hm.. You're right. Taffeta might not like the holes in it. Maybe it would be a better idea to use two layers of the vinyl.

Etna's silver coat on the boots is almost done... Ugh, I'm tired of smelling this paint.

I want finals to be over so I can go home and finish the wig. ._.

Devi 1313
05-05-2007, 10:34 PM
nah, I wouldn't hand sew something like that. I imagine I could use my dad's upholstery sewing machine, but then I'd have to sit in the cold barn :(

I think I'm going to back the straps with stretch twill (cuz it's cheaper than regular twill) or buy a couple remnants of heavy cotton. Maybe monday, hopefully the line will be much shorter.

I have this crazy, crazy idea to make a frilly Lolita Etna costume. She shall be dubbed LolEtna. All this because I think that wig would be cute with my frilly tea-cozy hat and 2 big bows on the pigtails... and I wanna crash the lolita picnic.

Envel
05-06-2007, 07:47 PM
There actually IS a picture in the artbook of Etna in a Lolita costume. ^_~ I plan on doing that one one day since I'm putting so much work into the darned wig.

If you go to this site:

http://c-uncut.com/

Go under "game artwork" or whatever, and then under Disgaea. It's the first picture on the second page. : ) She's only half wearing it, so you'd have a lot of interpretation freedom.

I've actually got Fallen Angel Flonne on my list too. I found perfect shoes for her that I can paint, and her outfit is pretty simple. Not to mention Devil Flonne is second only to Etna. Hehe.

feytaline
05-06-2007, 09:51 PM
I really wanted to do those artbook dresses for myself and Terranell, but ran out of time. It's still on my to-do list. LOL, I don't think we'll ever be posing for THAT particular reference pic...

As for the top, double-sided mounting tape. That's all I gotta say. XD

Envel
05-06-2007, 10:07 PM
I really wanted to do those artbook dresses for myself and Terranell, but ran out of time. It's still on my to-do list. LOL, I don't think we'll ever be posing for THAT particular reference pic...

As for the top, double-sided mounting tape. That's all I gotta say. XD

Mounting tape? Is that safe? I'll try using my fashion tape. I've got a box floating around somewhere from my Merle monstrosity. I've proven it's REALLY hard to do Merle with fashion tape stripes instead of makeup. *Sigh* Now I have to find a new wig and brown makeup for Merle before I can wear her again.

Oh, by the way, how did you make your Etna tail? I've already got the stuff to do mine, but I was curious because yours looked... Seamless. o=

Maybe I'll do the Loligoth Etna for Sugoi con or something. Hehehe.

Devi 1313
05-06-2007, 10:30 PM
hehe, my version's waaay frillier than that! In fact, maybe it's too frilly. Here's my idea http://images.orfay.com/i/photos1/2007/05/06/19/0/9/0/0904c52d969d6d4acad2bbde855307d80_large.jpg
Bows instead of buckles, little tiny bows or buttons instead of the zipper on her top, those stockings with the ruffles and bows on the top. I dunno what shape her top should be instead of the bat and whether I should trim it with lace or not.

feytaline
05-06-2007, 10:36 PM
.Mounting tape actually hurts a LOT less than fashion tape. But it worked quite well. I got it in the roll by Scotch--it's used for posters and what not. It doesn't feel very sticky, but it does work.

I made my tail out of vinyl. I liked it because it had a slight texture, which kind of seemed like skin. The wings are made of the same stuff, but you can't really tell since they seem a bit small... Anyways, this was a much less stiff texture than most vinyl, it was soft and didn't crease so badly when it got bent (I HATE that about my outfit, even though I'm probably the only person who can tell.) ANYWAYS. I sewed it in a tube. Then came the biggest pain in the butt involving PLIERS as we turned it inside out. My boyfriend then inserted a wire, and I realized... I forgot to stuff it. So I had to rip holes every few inches to stuff stuffing down it. >.< So! Then I had to sew it up with sort of like colored thread... It seems obvious to me, but it doesn't seem to show up too badly in pictures. I love the curl of it, it's so bouncy and fun to wear!

OH! And parts of the awesome photoshoot by dressdragn at Tekkoshocon 2007 are up!!! She even made my wig look not too shabby. XD

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1076111 The first one is of me, go on and click to the right to see the rest. And soon they should be up on her site, Cosclips. XD

Devi 1313
05-06-2007, 10:55 PM
hmm, do you suppose Etna's eyes could be considered hot pink? I have pink contacts for my Elfen Lied costumes but if I can wear them for Etna I might.

nemisiscat
05-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Like I said, I'm doing a Rozalin costume. I'm good with doing everything, except I'm stuck on how to make a hoop skirt (I was thinking about getting some thin, but sturdy plastic and riveting that and holding it all together with ribbons, which would also be riveted to the plastic... Dunno how well that would work) and I'm stuck on the wig. I kinda understand how to do the bangs (but I'm deathly afraid cuz I've never cut hair before in my life), but the gynormous ponytail like thing.... Yeah. I've been told I should stub it.. but it'd be too thin. I think I should make the crown/headpiece thing and pull the hair through it and secure it with clear caulk and clear thread... then style the rest of the hair into spikes, yadda yadda. Again, not too sure if that would work or not....

Also, think people would give me crap if I didn't have the wings? I mean, I have a little less than two months to get this done. I don't think I'd have enough time to figure out how to attach the wings to my back, since her dress dips down so low in the back...

Atashi
05-06-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm getting roped into making an Etna and a Flonne costume sets for two of my friends, who are both guys. I've never played the games or seen the anime, so I don't know too much about the character designs...

What is Flonne wearing under the white top? Is it just a blue sleeveless shirt or tank top? Is it tucked in? Is the pink part in the front a part of the shirt or is it like tie that hangs loose?

I also have reserves about making Etna's costume... I've never worked with vinyl or the like before; is it okay to just cut out the shapes and sew them together or do I need to line them?

Terranell
05-06-2007, 11:44 PM
=X I wish I could get started on my Rozalin... especially now that I'm almost done with the game. (I already have a little fabric and one of the many patterns that I'm going to need.) I love her more and more every time I play. (Seriously. She gets cooler.) But I think that Feytaline could probably make 12 skanky Etnas by the time I finally get my dream cosplay Rozy finished!! @-@ I'm excited about Fate being the Dark Hero Axel, too. XP

Envel
05-07-2007, 01:26 AM
@Devi: OMG. That's SO CUTE! You should totally make that! I can definitely see Etna wearing something like that. And I think that if you want to wear your hot pink contacts, that should be fine. Etna's eyes in some pictures matches her hair, and since your wig is pink, I think it'd look okay. : )

@feytaline: Ooooh, vinyl? Yeah, you did a really good job of patching it, I really can't even see any seams in it anywhere. I've got some vinyl-like stuff I got off the clearance rack at JoAnne. I have NO clue what it is, it had a generic "unknown content" label, but it feels like... Skin. Which is kind of gross, but yes, I think it's some kind of vinyl.

@Li Jianliang: Flonne wears a sleeveless red vest-thing under her white top. There is a picture in the artbook of her without the white part on, and, to me, anyway, it looks like a little vest with a zipper up the middle. And then she wears bloomers that match her top, of course.

Hey, Devi, maybe I should make a frilly Devil Flonne in white and red and come to CA so we can do a photoshoot? XD

SRSLY, I need a reason to get to CA one day... ._. One day. I've always wanted to go to a CA con. Soon as I can con my partner into going with me. Hahaha.

Devi 1313
05-07-2007, 03:09 AM
I'm getting roped into making an Etna and a Flonne costume sets for two of my friends, who are both guys. I've never played the games or seen the anime, so I don't know too much about the character designs...

What is Flonne wearing under the white top? Is it just a blue sleeveless shirt or tank top? Is it tucked in? Is the pink part in the front a part of the shirt or is it like tie that hangs loose?

I also have reserves about making Etna's costume... I've never worked with vinyl or the like before; is it okay to just cut out the shapes and sew them together or do I need to line them?

I'd love to see a male Etna (especially if he's cute)! That takes guts! From what I can tell vinyl's ok if you're sewing on the "wrong" side, but it's difficult to topstitch. It might work better to line it.

And Twilight Clover: I hang out mostly around Fanime and the other Bay Area cons. I'll go to AX next year when I have plenty of time to plan. That would be really cool to meet up!

Envel
05-07-2007, 04:03 PM
I'd love to see a male Etna (especially if he's cute)! That takes guts! From what I can tell vinyl's ok if you're sewing on the "wrong" side, but it's difficult to topstitch. It might work better to line it.

And Twilight Clover: I hang out mostly around Fanime and the other Bay Area cons. I'll go to AX next year when I have plenty of time to plan. That would be really cool to meet up!

I'll keep that in mind and see what I've got going on next year. ^_^ It'd be awesome to have a LoliGoth Etna/Flon shoot. <3

Yes, vinyl is VERY hard to topstitch. I actually don't recommend top-stitching it with a machine at all. No matter what I try, the machine always leaves weird marks on the fabric, and you can't get rid of them. I always hand-stitch any top-stitching, which is really inconvenient.

I think what I'll do is take your Etna idea, Devi, paired with Flonne's normal design and see what kind of LG I come up with. XD Hehehe. We could call out photoshoot: DEATH BY CUTENESS.

Shin
05-07-2007, 04:30 PM
My friends and I are planning a Disgaea group for next year, actually :)
I'll be going as either Etna or Rozalin, my friend's going as a giant Prinny (I don't know how we'll be fitting that in a car), my boyfriend'll be Midboss, another friend who's going as one of the monster classes, and about 5 of our friends are undecided :D

Anyone from the Bayarea, CA want to join up with the fun? We're always willing to recruit more :P

nemisiscat
05-07-2007, 05:47 PM
@ Terranell - Yeah... I'm trying to have it done for AX.... I haven't started ANYTHING. I'm such a horrible procrastinator. Fortunately, I have most of my supplies. I don't need to order anything else by mail, fortunately, so I only have to get down to JoAnn's or Yardage Town and pick up some fabric. I made my sister's Witch Hunter Robin dress in like.. 12 hours. Once I get the hoop skirt done (and figure out how the hell to make it, too), the dress should be easy to get done. The bows and sashes are what's gonna take the most time. *nods*

On a side note, just for your future reference, Terra, Rozalin's dress is just about as wide as she is tall. The radius of the skirt would be like... one or two inches shorter than the length from head to toe. Hooray proportioning.

Devi 1313
05-07-2007, 09:00 PM
My friends and I are planning a Disgaea group for next year, actually :)
I'll be going as either Etna or Rozalin, my friend's going as a giant Prinny (I don't know how we'll be fitting that in a car), my boyfriend'll be Midboss, another friend who's going as one of the monster classes, and about 5 of our friends are undecided :D

Anyone from the Bayarea, CA want to join up with the fun? We're always willing to recruit more :P

Heck yea! Will you guys have that done in time for Fanime this year, or next?

Envel
05-08-2007, 12:10 AM
@ Terranell - Yeah... I'm trying to have it done for AX.... I haven't started ANYTHING. I'm such a horrible procrastinator. Fortunately, I have most of my supplies. I don't need to order anything else by mail, fortunately, so I only have to get down to JoAnn's or Yardage Town and pick up some fabric. I made my sister's Witch Hunter Robin dress in like.. 12 hours. Once I get the hoop skirt done (and figure out how the hell to make it, too), the dress should be easy to get done. The bows and sashes are what's gonna take the most time. *nods*

On a side note, just for your future reference, Terra, Rozalin's dress is just about as wide as she is tall. The radius of the skirt would be like... one or two inches shorter than the length from head to toe. Hooray proportioning.

Ah, sounds like my planning for Marie Antoinette from Rose of Versailles... Good times with some hoopskirts, that.

Still need to attach Etna's zipper to the top... D,=

livengood
05-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Oh god, don't even get me started on stockings. Due to my extra thick thighs(I am cursed to having most of my weight in my hips and thighs)

I for the life of me can not keep my stockings up on my Pleinair cosplay. It's come to the point I must invest in a good garter belt. ;_;

Envel
05-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Oh god, don't even get me started on stockings. Due to my extra thick thighs(I am cursed to having most of my weight in my hips and thighs)

I for the life of me can not keep my stockings up on my Pleinair cosplay. It's come to the point I must invest in a good garter belt. ;_;

Really? Have you tried fashion and/or mounting tape?

livengood
05-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Really? Have you tried fashion and/or mounting tape?

Not yet, but it's something to consider. Though I don't know of any immediate stores I could go to, to purchase it.

Terranell
05-08-2007, 01:42 AM

XP Thankee. I found the PERFECT pattern for the hoopskirt. I've actually decided that I'm going to take as much time on this as I need and only wear it when it's DONE because this, in all honesty, is my DREAM cosplay. Nemisiscat, good luck getting it done in time for your con! ( That's a LOT of sewing! ;~; )

feytaline
05-08-2007, 09:20 AM
My machine eats vinyl in a good way. I didn't have any problems sewing any part of my costume EXCEPT the straps, because I had a hell of a time pinning them to hem. I loathe hemming... but I hem every part of my costumes. >.< I honestly had no problem with it, and I just have your everyday Brother sewing machine... but my vinyl was also not like, uber-shiny. One of my long-time cosplaying friends told me that if you're using PVC or anything like that, use a layer of wax paper whenever you're sewing shiny side to shiny side, or hemming. I'm assuming it just rips off when you're done, but keeps the machine sliding along smoothly. Again, I've never done this, so...

Livengood--You can get double sided mounting tape at any Wal-mart, and I've seen it at a few drugstores as well. It's not painful, BUT don't leave it on for more than a few hours because it will hurt when you take it off. It's cheap, so it's easy to just run into a bathroom and replace it every once in a while.

Devi1313--Where did you get pink contacts??? I think that would work fine for Etna. Not too many people do the eyes, and I think it really made my costume pop out.

Nemisiscat--Like Terranell said, you can get hoopskirt patterns. I've heard someone say they used plastic boning for a skirt, too... I really recommend that you use a pattern, AND put a petticoat on top of it. One of the things that can really make a great costume look cheap is when you can see the hoop skirt ridges in it. >.<

Li Jianling--If you need ref material, the artbook is now on sale in America, and it's only around $20. Flonne's costume turned out to be nothing like I expected it to be--I also assumed that the cross part was like a 'tie'--but it's a corset! X.O;

Now I'm getting all pumped up for Disgaea again. I really want to make PJ versions of Etna and Flonne, and probably Laharl and Midboss, too. Tekkoshocon, my home con, had a pajama party this year, but I didn't get to go... so I'm hoping there can be one next year. We want to make Prinny slippers for Midboss, and I have these really cute devil/angel wing hair clips from Gaia Online that would be a really cute accessory for Flonne and Etna...

And on a completely irrelevant side note, If I could have found leather--excuse me, ENOUGH leather--I would have totally made Etna out of it. Not all leather is super hard--I found the perfect stuff that ended up as a corset which was easier to sew than vinyl, and very soft. Unfortunately, I was told that was 'retro' leather, and they don't make it anymore. I could get something 'similar' ... but I'd have to buy THE WHOLE COW.

Anytime someone tells you to buy the whole cow... >.>

And oh yes, Twilight Clover--when are we going to see some progress pics? XD I want to see these boots of paint and pain!

Shin
05-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Heck yea! Will you guys have that done in time for Fanime this year, or next?

Heehee, next year, my friend :D. We'll be debuting these costumes at the 2008 Cherry Blossom Festival in SF aswell, so if you want to join up with that I suggest doing so :P (You get goodie bags full of wonderfully free things for participating)

Glad to hear that the art book is finally out. The reference art online is too hard to figure out :)

Devi 1313
05-08-2007, 06:30 PM
The best ones I found were from fxeyes.com and they're called Vampyress, $170. I think Wildcat makes pink ones too, but they're not as realistic.

I haven't heard much about the SF cherry blossom fest, I'll look into it.

I'll have to look into the artbook too! I love finding more cute pics of Etna.

Is there a manga or anything out for Disgaea 2? I'd like to see more of the story and characters but I'm not much for strategy RPGs.

Pocketfightr
05-09-2007, 09:53 AM
I saw a volume 1 of Disgaea 2 manga at Borders the other day. I came very close to buying it but already had a few things I wanted more (and figured I should finish series I start before starting new ones).

Envel
05-09-2007, 11:20 PM
And oh yes, Twilight Clover--when are we going to see some progress pics? XD I want to see these boots of paint and pain!

Chuu? =3

Well, I'm home for the summer now, so maybe in a week or so? I actually got the complete silver base coat down on the boots, so now all I have to do is touch up any spots that got killed in transit (didn't have time to seal them before I left...) and put faces on 'em. ^_^ That makes me happy. I wish I could've found more accurate boots, but I SWEAR Etna's boots do not exist. I got as close as I could to the statue, but grr. ._. I even looked at boots I liked on other Etna's and I couldn't find anything even remotely close to those! The shoe world hates me. Bah.

Oh, and I have to order a new set of buckles because the ones I already had won't work. *le sigh*

Oh, and did you use Katie Bair's pigtailing method on your wig? I used it, and it looks okay right now, but I'm having issues with it and I'm wondering if anyone else who's used the method is having the same issues. >_>

Terranell
05-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Feytaline, are you going to make me your cosplay accessory again with a new Flonne? XP

TwilightClover, I have styled a few pigtail wigs using the tutorial on Katie Bair's website. I can tell you that it gets easier the more you do it, and yes, it's always going to be a pain in the rear threading that hair. XP If you've never done it before, there's a chance it will appear a little bubbly so make sure to pull the synthetic hairs down so that there's not too much stub poking out in the back. That would be my little advice.

Envel
05-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Feytaline, are you going to make me your cosplay accessory again with a new Flonne? XP

TwilightClover, I have styled a few pigtail wigs using the tutorial on Katie Bair's website. I can tell you that it gets easier the more you do it, and yes, it's always going to be a pain in the rear threading that hair. XP If you've never done it before, there's a chance it will appear a little bubbly so make sure to pull the synthetic hairs down so that there's not too much stub poking out in the back. That would be my little advice.

Actually, I've gotten it smooth in the back the way I want, the question I was wanting answered was, "How the heck are two packs of extensions enough?" I had THREE packs of extensions, and I still ran out with a good few inches of wig mesh to cover. : / I wasn't using too much extension each time I pulled it through, they were really small. I'm just confused as to how she can make two packs work when I can't get by with three.

And I just ran out of paint for Etna's boots. D< Now I'll have to wait even longer to get 'em finished, cause I haven't got any extra money til my next pay check. Darn. At least I have lining now so I can attempt to finish the skirt. Boo.

Oh a GOOD note, the heat from the car set the paint in my boots very nicely. Now that it's set, I can tell even better where I need to touch up.

Now I know how to set paint in boots without any extra work on my part. Tee hee.

feytaline
05-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Well, I'm home for the summer now, so maybe in a week or so? I actually got the complete silver base coat down on the boots, so now all I have to do is touch up any spots that got killed in transit (didn't have time to seal them before I left...) and put faces on 'em. ^_^ That makes me happy. I wish I could've found more accurate boots, but I SWEAR Etna's boots do not exist. I got as close as I could to the statue, but grr. ._. I even looked at boots I liked on other Etna's and I couldn't find anything even remotely close to those! The shoe world hates me. Bah.

I KNOW. I continually look for them, but i can't find them anywhere. My ex-roomate had a pair of Bodyline platforms whose heels looked EXACTLY like Etna's... but they were Mary Jane's, and thus, could not be used. >.< I don't like the stripper boots I ended up using at all (nor my backup 20 minute boots since I threw out my back before the con...) I've been looking on eBay for Gogo boots, since they seem to be the next best thing, but it seems size 7 is quite popular, and the bids go up and up...

LOL I could complain about the search for Etna's boots for hours.

Terranell
05-11-2007, 07:40 PM
>> I think Etna is a masochist. Skanky Etna's boots look even worse. Have fun with that! Shoes in general are difficult. Rozalin's don't exist either. I figure since that's not going to be done for a while that I'll just keep my eyes peeled to see if anything works, but I have a strong feeling that I'll be butchering a pair of shoes in order to get something right. I'll keep my eyes peeled for Etna boots for you, ladies.

Envel
05-11-2007, 11:56 PM
OH! Feytaline! Go to your local Hot Topic if you have one. They have some wedge ankle boots with a nice little bump toe on them. The heel is a little tall (they're a little taller than the heels Etna is portrayed with on the statue), but they're wedge and they look really nice. They only come in black is the drawback, but they can be painted. Look those up and see if you like them. They're the closest things I've found, and they're the ones I'm using for now. XD They're not on the Hot Topic web site, or I'd give you a link. They're on clearance, though, so I dunno how long they'll have them.

BAH.

Oh, screw it. Here's the pic of my in-progress Etna boots. I added a panel on the top to make 'em a little taller (the seam will be covered by the belt, of course), and I added a panel to cover the zipper. The silver paint isn't finished yet, but this'll give you an idea of what the Hot Topic boots I was talking about look like. : )

Dunno if you'll like these, but so far this is the best I've found. ^_^;;

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/AnimeJo/S2010023.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/AnimeJo/S2010022-1.jpg

I know you don't like shiny, but I thought if you liked 'em you could paint them white instead of the grey/silver I picked.

You'll probably hate me since my entire Etna will be shiny, but I'm basing mine on the figure mostly, so please don't hurt me (much). ._.;

Devi 1313
05-12-2007, 12:07 AM
I found a really cute pair of boots on ebay from a company called Bamboo, but I'm going with the notion that her boots and the panel on her skirt are white. I found the boots on ebay and at the time there were at least a dozen pairs of the exact same boots up for sale/auction, all around $10 (score!)

Envel
05-12-2007, 12:12 AM
I found a really cute pair of boots on ebay from a company called Bamboo, but I'm going with the notion that her boots and the panel on her skirt are white. I found the boots on ebay and at the time there were at least a dozen pairs of the exact same boots up for sale/auction, all around $10 (score!)

They are white in most pictures, I believe, but there are a few pictures where they're arguably grey or silver. I'm going with the grey because I simply prefer the look over the white, but that's just me. The white ones look just as good, it's just a personal preference. The panel is also arguably either white or grey/silver, but I'm making the panel white for the same reason I'm making the boots silver.

I've seen it done in many ways and combinations, I just picked the one I liked best. XD; Just like the ring on her necklace is most often silver, but I picked a whitish color because in some pictures, to me, it looks white. And I like the white better.

I like when I can make choices. XD It also makes researching other cosplayers much more interesting, to see what they come up with.

Devi 1313
05-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Hehe, I just bought the black vinyl ball gown I've wanted for years! I'm going to wear it to Fanime's B&W ball! It'll look awesome with my wig, collar and gloves!

Envel
05-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Vinyl ball gown? Where did you buy such a creature?

That'd be so perfect for a fancy Etna, though. XD

Devi 1313
05-13-2007, 01:09 AM
eBay has dozens, most of them in the same style. It has a really simple front and the back dips low and laces like a corset! Just search for "vinyl ball gown".

Envel
05-13-2007, 01:44 AM
That's neat, I'll have to look into that.

I'm still peeving about needing paint for Etna's boots. More paint, that is. But I did, however, order the whole mess of new belt buckles for her, so those should be here soon, I hope.

I'm waiting for a day that I have more than an hour to sit around working on the wig so I can finish up making the part looking neat and go ahead and stub it. Rawr.

And I'm needing to put lining in the skirt. But I can't remember how the skirt was originally cut and darted to make it shaped the way it is. : /

Atashi
05-14-2007, 02:48 AM
Do you have a link to that seller's page? ;)

Devi 1313
05-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Not the exact seller, but the same boots http://cgi.ebay.com/Bamboo-White-3-1-2-Stiletto-High-Heel-Boots-sz-7-5_W0QQitemZ180115021134QQihZ008QQcategoryZ63889QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Go to the shoe finder and select boots, mid-calf and white in the drop down menus and then arrange them by lowest price first. They should all pop up then!

feytaline
05-14-2007, 10:29 PM
AGH! Now I'm torn. I have pleather, vinyl, stretch pvc, acetone, and I can't decide what to make Skanky Etna out of!!! I don't think I'd have enough acetone for boot covers... the pleather has some dings and footprints in it (frakkin Joann's didn't have any more, couldn't order any more, and only gave me a $1.26 discount when I tried to return it...) the pleather from the coat Cantarella gave me doesn't have particularly big pieces (not enough for the boot covers...) and the PVC is uber, UBER shiny. But I've been told that might be good for Skanky Etna...

http://www.moetron.com/mystuff/waf_etna001.jpg

And as has been mentioned, the model figures ARE uber-shiny...

Decisions, decisions.

Envel
05-15-2007, 01:11 AM
AGH! Now I'm torn. I have pleather, vinyl, stretch pvc, acetone, and I can't decide what to make Skanky Etna out of!!! I don't think I'd have enough acetone for boot covers... the pleather has some dings and footprints in it (frakkin Joann's didn't have any more, couldn't order any more, and only gave me a $1.26 discount when I tried to return it...) the pleather from the coat Cantarella gave me doesn't have particularly big pieces (not enough for the boot covers...) and the PVC is uber, UBER shiny. But I've been told that might be good for Skanky Etna...

http://www.moetron.com/mystuff/waf_etna001.jpg

And as has been mentioned, the model figures ARE uber-shiny...

Decisions, decisions.

I think the shiny would suit skanky Etna better, but whichever you pick will look nice. : ) As I've said, I'm doing the shiny PVC for my Etna, but I'm basing my design mostly on the figure. At least skanky Etna doesn't have wedge heels! : D

My belt buckles were mailed today, I needz them now! And I ordered some styrene.

I don't know of I mentioned before, but I plan on making Etna's axe as a prop. I'd like to have a Prinny if I can get the money to order one before Otakon. If not, I can always order it for AWA... Maybe...

I've also been playing with the boots, how I want to do the little whale faces on them... Man, that just looks GOOFY in person! It looks cute in the design, but no matter how you position the faces, they look silly. XD Which is, I suppose, the point, but it highly amuses me.

Oh, and I've smoothed out my pigtail part. It actually makes me semi-happy now. I've done what I can, now I just need to wait for the caulk to dry. ._.

Envel
05-15-2007, 01:30 PM
DOUBLE POST.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/AnimeJo/S2010025.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/AnimeJo/S2010026.jpg

That's what I have on Etna's boots so far. They still need touching up, but silver paint still is waiting on the shelf at the store.

Devi 1313
05-15-2007, 03:34 PM
I made little fimo eyes and painted those and the teeth a pearly white so they'd stand out more. They look like little albino frog faces.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1085390
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1085389

For skanky Etna I've seen thigh-hi shiny vinyl boots that look pretty similar. Although the platform and heel are taller. If I were doing that version I'd wear those. My ideal version of Etna, though scandalous, would be skanky Etna's boots and skirt/belt (minus her butt prinnies) with orig. Etna's top, hair and everything else.

Envel
05-16-2007, 03:00 AM
Etna 2's top... Scares me. Can't wait to see how Feytaline makes that physically possible. : )

I like her hair better in Disgaea 1 too, mostly the way it's portrayed in the statue. Her Disgaea 2 hair looks... Like a clump to me.

I got Etna's pigtails positioned properly, and I've started carving out some foam core for them. This is going to be a long, annoying process.

Devi 1313
05-16-2007, 01:38 PM
y'know, I can think of a really good joke for anyone dressing as Etna 2 with those butt prinnies.

Etna: "Do these prinnies make my butt look big?"

Envel
05-16-2007, 11:25 PM
y'know, I can think of a really good joke for anyone dressing as Etna 2 with those butt prinnies.

Etna: "Do these prinnies make my butt look big?"

*snicker.*

I got my styrene and belt buckles today! It was like presents on Christmas morning!

I already got the foam core base for Etna's axe cut out. I've just got to decide how I want to do the end pieces on it. I think I'll do them with clay, but I'm not sure about it... I found a dowel I really like at Lowe's too. Etna axe will live... Soon...

But my screenshot program doesn't work with the Disgaea files I have, so I have to wait til my partner's Disgaea comes in so I can have reference to turn in to the judging... ._. Boo.

feytaline
05-16-2007, 11:51 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1062603

OMG SHOES!

Sorry. That youtube vid's on my brain now. But hey, everyone else was doing it...

Thigh high boots are expensive, so I'll likely make mine out of the PVC... yes, I'm gonna use the PVC... but I'll have to put some vinyl or sommat in it to make sure the top is a little stiffer and stays ON. This is gonna be FUUUUN...

Do you THINK my butt's gonna look big with the prinny pouches? LOL yep. BUT! I'm going to make them with zippers so I can *gasp* have a place to put my wallet! Though I'm thinking putting beans in one so I can heft it at people might be fun...

And just for kicks...

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1088716

We're starting to rework my wig, too. Excitement!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone's costumes turn out. I love how even though we're all doing/done the same costume, original touches and interpretations pop out. It's awesome!

Devi 1313
05-17-2007, 12:09 AM
Aww, that pic's so cute! I want to buy a pack of white feathers and do my own version of this pic http://spookyboo1313.orfay.com/photo/1378185

And that's pretty clever using the butt prinnies as pouches!

feytaline
05-17-2007, 12:44 PM
LOL I always thought Etna looked like the cat that ate the canary in that one. XD

Envel
05-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, Feytaline, but that EtnaFlonne/FlonneEtna pic is soooo sexy cute! You guys are adorable! I'm glad someone finally cosplayed that artbook picture. ^_^

Etna eats canaries. Yipes.

Now you've got me wanting to make skanky Etna. I think I might do skanky Etna eventually, since this wig is taking a LOT more work than the rest of Etna. Even the axe didn't level out the difficulty of the rest of the costume. I think I might make skanky Etna out of pleather that's not PVC though. Must be different! o;

Yeah, I like to see all the different interpretations of Etna's outfit. It makes scanning galleries more fun. Like, "Oh, I like the way she did this or that!" Then I take all the aspects I like the best and put 'em together into my interpretation. I've still got to make those insane bracelets. And oh my god.

Etna's tail is an even bigger monster than Devil Katt's.

I'm excited.

Devi 1313
05-18-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm freakin' out because the vinyl's messing up all our machines. I'm just going to buy gloves and pray they come in time then try and do all my hems with fabric glue. I may wind up finishing the wig in the hotel room. Good thing I check in the night before! I wish I lived closer to my mom, then this wouldn't be so hectic (my skirt, top and boots are up there, 1/2 hour away). Gah! I still have to take my gown to a seamstress!!!!

Terranell
05-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, Feytaline, but that EtnaFlonne/FlonneEtna pic is soooo sexy cute! You guys are adorable! I'm glad someone finally cosplayed that artbook picture. ^_^

=^^;= Yeah, that saw all of... an hour of con time. Looking back though, I'm glad we got the pictures. I felt so naked. (But I love the way that wig looks on me, it's like my old hair.)

So yesterday I finally got materials for Rozalin. =3 (Thank you for the coupons, feytaline. <3) After planning it for so long, it's honestly hard to believe that I'm ready to get started on it. To be completely truthful, I'm almost frightened of the project! Eventually I will start on my boyfriend's Adell costume, but I won't even worry about it until Rozy is halfway finished. I hope he doesn't get sick of wearing Adell because Rozy's probably going to every con I go to for at least two years.

feytaline
05-18-2007, 06:33 PM
XD I am excited to see you as Rozy. :) No fretting, you'll be awesome!

I'm getting really excited for Skanky Etna... even though reg. Etna still needs a bit of revamping. Stephy told me that she'd be able to help me with the bracelets... She just graduated with a degree in 3-D design (or sommat like that) so she has mad skills. :) Agh, I want to start now! But I have so much other stuff I have to finish...

Devi 1313
05-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Rozalin's the one with the pretty magenta, black and gold gown, right? I'd love to dress as her, but blonde would look terrible with my skin color, and I'm not familiar with Disgaea 2 at all. Maybe Plenair if I ever watch/read/play it.

Envel
05-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Calm down Devi! *pet pet*

I know how the last-minute stuff can be before a con. Can't remember the last time anything was finished before we actually left.

But I swear, anything that's not done is NOT going to Otakon! D< I'm sick of lugging the machine around. x.x;; Death.

Etna's coming along nicely... I've been working on the axe. Still needs more silver paint and the embellishments. I'm working on carving out the rest of the foam core for the pigtails right. Now. XD

I've actually completely figured out how to make Etna's insanely large bracelets insanely large without them flopping everywhere and looking retarded. BWAHAHAHA! >D

Devi 1313
05-21-2007, 01:47 AM
I fixed my wig! Although it still doesn't cover the sides of my hair really well... and you still can't really see my face through it. I'll have to learn how to do this felting stuff myself so I can add/exchange new pieces on there... after Fanime. Gah, would double sided tape really keep my stockings up? I used some fashion tape and they still pulled down when I walked. On an up note my wig looks really cool with my gown! I plan on wearing my choker with it and maybe leaving out the bangles. Whaddaya think?

Envel
05-21-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm afraid of wigs with dreadlocks. D= I don't know how to work with them, or I'd offer you advice. </3

Yeah, if fashion tape isn't working on your stockings, I'd use that tape that Feytaline suggested. I'll probably pick up some just in case here after I build my savings account back up.

Etna's axe is moving along slowly... But it's looking good. I'll try to get all the belts and the wings made over the next two days. I'm still debating how the wings are going to be worn. I'm not attaching them to the back of the bra, so now we're going to have to play around with other methods.

Devi 1313
05-21-2007, 03:33 PM
hehe, my wings are permanently attached, no worries for me!

The wool dreads are pretty easy to work with! I just chopped them off and hand sewed them to the back, but there weren't enough to go around. I miss the long pieces on the sides. I'll have to make some new ones.

Terranell
05-21-2007, 07:06 PM
XD I made a bow. It took me an hour to make it the way I wanted it to look, then I realized I still wasn't done when I saw that I have not yet purchased my gems. I was thinking about going with model magic, but I don't think I want to do that. So do any of you have suggestions on where I can buy the oval-shaped gems in Rozalin's jewelry?

BotMan
05-22-2007, 09:21 AM
i want to cosplay as Geo from the first game..but..it look way to hard @.@

Envel
05-23-2007, 12:29 PM
After painstakingly cutting vinyl for webbing since webbing doesn't come in the sizes I need, I've finished the belts on Etna's gloves. Dur.

So now Etna's gloves, choker, and earrings are all 100% finished.

I decided to put more silver on the boots before I dare say they're done.

I resized the darn skirt, so now it's actually SHORT enough without throwing off my proportions, and it doesn't fall off of me.

I don't know what I might have been smoking to think Etna's skirt was done when it was 3 sizes too big.

Like, WTF mate? XD

Man, getting Etna's top, skirt, and thigh highs to look good proportion wise is annoying. Why do I have to be so short? DX

feytaline
05-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Terranell--I have some ideas for Rozalin's jewelry. Let's go shopping in toy departments for costume jewelry, as well as thrift stores. You never know what you might find.

Also, ask Steph! If fiberglass coating works for "Skanky Etna" then you might be able to make something like that for Rozzy. Hmm, sculpey, if painted correctly, might have a better texture than model magic...

I love how I'm replying to your thread when in reality I could just pop into your room next door whenever I get home. XD

Well, we're doing it! We'll be dying Etna again with sharpies soon. I'm excited!

Devi 1313
05-23-2007, 02:16 PM
ok, so all I have left is to finish putting the straps on my boots, tweak the wig a little more and once my gloves come in putting the straps on those! Woo!

KnuxieChan
05-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Trying to find a new wig for Laharl. Then I gotta tighten the shorts a bit, because the leg holes are like parachutes.

After that, I gotta add a thin wire to my cape so it'll keep it's shape instead of just being limp, and I have to touch up my poor shoes. They've gotten so beat up..

Envel
05-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Well, we're doing it! We'll be dying Etna again with sharpies soon. I'm excited!

I noticed you mentioned you said you weren't going for pink in your long Etna description. What color were you going or? Or did you just want a different shade of pink? XD

I just made Etna's bracelets, getting ready to bake them. I can't wait to make those gravity defying things. Woooo.

Devi 1313
05-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Woohoo! My gloves just arrived today, the day I leave for Fanime! I just need to finish putting the straps and buckles together then have mom shorten the gloves (they come past my shoulders) then I'm DONE!!

Envel
05-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Woohoo! My gloves just arrived today, the day I leave for Fanime! I just need to finish putting the straps and buckles together then have mom shorten the gloves (they come past my shoulders) then I'm DONE!!

Oh, congrats! I'm glad you got your gloves in time. ^_^ Can't wait to see pictures of your finished product.

I worked on some spikes today for the wig. I need to put some more fiber into a couple of them, but so far so good. ^_~

feytaline
05-27-2007, 02:05 PM
I noticed you mentioned you said you weren't going for pink in your long Etna description. What color were you going or? Or did you just want a different shade of pink? XD

I'm going for the "This is NOT a color in the crayon box" shade of red-magenta-brown-pink stuff that she has in the artbook pictures (most of which seem rather blue tinted...) However, I don't think that's possible without getting a ton of ink or sharpies and experimenting and mixing for a long time...

We got the sharpies, but we need the extensions! We got red and magenta. I hope it looks okay.

Shopping for Rozzy beads with Miss Terranell the other day was a good time. If anyone has any websites they can recommend for jewels, that would be great... >.<

Ah, and I have a new project... Etna's bathing suit from the promotional anime artwork. Why? because I CAN... and it's fun. Okay, so I really want to make Miss terranell wear Flonne's froofy, silly outfit to match--and maybe I can get cantarella to design one for her Pleinair!... LOL someday we should do the schoolgirl versions too... Yay one shot outfits so we're only recognizable from our wigs!!!!!!

Hmm, makes me wonder... Does Rozy have any alternate outfits?

Devi 1313
05-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Yaaay! I'm back! My costume went over well and I saw about 3 other Flonnes, a female Laharl and some of the classes! Supposedly there was another Etna but I never got to see her. Broccoli books was there so I bought the Disgaea art book (and discovered Etna and I are both the same height! 4'10"!) a prinny and the Disgaea 2 manga (so I don't have to play the game to find out what's going on) and even got a couple free Disgaea stickers! My ballroom outfit was very popular. Anytime I sat down guys ran over to ask me to dance. I danced with about 6-7 guys that night! The only problem I had was when someone knocked my wig loose trying to spin me.

I got to see the Masquerade and I'm so tempted to make a Skanky Etna outfit for a skit, but I need to read the story to make sure I can get all the details right (last thing I need is to portray Etna and Adell as enemies when they're friends or something).

Terranell
05-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Sounds like you had a lot of fun, Devi. ^^ I can't wait to wear Rozalin to a masquerade ball. The Disgaea 2 manga is excellent... it tells about things that happened sort of "behind the scenes" and "between the chapters." Unlike the first Disgaea's manga, this one is not at all rushed and isn't just a digest version of the game. (Thank for that wonderful birthday present, feytaline.)

And yes, any suggestions for the jewels for Rozalin are appreciated. I found white plastic beads today that would work fantastic, but I don't know how I would paint them without it being something that would chip off or look stupid. They were on a necklace that was only $6.

Speaking of swimsuit versions.... XD Flonne's swimsuit is so retarded. Like I said, I'd wear it if you make it for me, but a swimsuit Rozy would be cool, too! (Then again, I'd be worried about showing too much of myself.) I do like the schoolgirl versions... they're rather cute and I could actually use my glasses for a costume for once.

Envel
05-28-2007, 10:35 PM
@Feytaline: Yeah, that's what I was going for too. Mine came out a darkish magenta color, which is what I was going for to match the sprite, since the artwork inconsistency was killing me. I mixed berry, red, magenta, black, and burgundy sharpies if you need any ideas. XD

I hated using the berry, though, I wouldn't recommend that. >_> TOO TOO PINK! D=

Oh, and red Sharpies always come out pink unless you strand dye the wig. I found that out the hard way. Oh well, it came out okay in the end. >.<

I've been working on Etna's spikes, I've got a few of them, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get at least one pigtail's worth of spikes done. That'd be nice, since I'd wanted to have that done yesterday.

Of course with my luck, I'll get that many done and realize I want more. >_>

Grwar.

feytaline
05-30-2007, 11:19 AM
I got to see the Masquerade and I'm so tempted to make a Skanky Etna outfit for a skit, but I need to read the story to make sure I can get all the details right (last thing I need is to portray Etna and Adell as enemies when they're friends or something).

LOL Terranell look what we started!!!

I'm really excited to see pics, Devi!

It seems to be really fun to do alternate versions of Etna--ballgown, swimsuit, lolita, schoolgirl, etc... I think it might also be because once you work that hard on a wig, you want to use it as often as possible, ne? XD

And I still want to dress up Terranell as Flonne cosplaying Etna from the Disgaea 2 manga--with little pumpkin earrings. Too cute!

Good luck on your wig, Twilight! Do you have any progress shots yet?

Terranell
05-31-2007, 12:00 AM
XD What am I, woman? Your personal dressup doll? (My size Terranell, lolololol)

Alright guys, get this. *Disgaea club gossip* I might have found the first Vulcanus cosplayer evar. XD One of my friends is now hooked thanks to me lending him my manga... and he said that the only character he could look like that isn't one of the classes is Vulcanus. Which I find to be rather funny. =P Do any of you have suggestions on how to make the large wings? (I'm thinking about making a Lamington for my boyfriend too.)

Envel
05-31-2007, 12:44 AM
Good luck on your wig, Twilight! Do you have any progress shots yet?

Progress shots? I'm not usually one to post things until they're done, but I do have some pictures of the dye color.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/AnimeJo/S2010023.jpg

That's the color I was pretty much going for, so I'm pretty happy with how that came out at least. XD It matches the sprite, so that makes me happy. I got tired of trying to pick which picture I wanted to go by, so I just went by the sprites as per someone else's idea.

I'll try to take another picture for you guys after I get one set of the spikes done. XD Even though Adventure Con is this weekend, I'm sure I'll end up working on Etna's hair somewhat over the weekend.

I might be able to finish a couple spikes here shortly. I've got a lot on my mind, so I won't be able to sleep anyway. =P

Envel
05-31-2007, 12:47 AM
Do any of you have suggestions on how to make the large wings? (I'm thinking about making a Lamington for my boyfriend too.)

http://whatishcc.com/tutorials_wingharness.php

http://whatishcc.com/tutorials_angelwings.php

For harnesses and wings. : ) I'm using their wing harness idea for a Dragoon Meru. One day. That's how I would do angel wings of that size if I were doing them. Hope it helps. ^_^

DOUBLE POST. DX

Terranell
05-31-2007, 01:06 AM
http://whatishcc.com/tutorials_wingharness.php

http://whatishcc.com/tutorials_angelwings.php

For harnesses and wings. : ) I'm using their wing harness idea for a Dragoon Meru. One day. That's how I would do angel wings of that size if I were doing them. Hope it helps. ^_^

DOUBLE POST. DX

RAWK. =3 Thanks, girl. Don't work too hard on Etna while you're at con!

Envel
05-31-2007, 01:18 AM
RAWK. =3 Thanks, girl. Don't work too hard on Etna while you're at con!

Work hard? I know not the meaning.

*Isn't getting a second job to fund a Seth Nightlord cosplay. Nope.*

But I can probably pull of a skanky Etna for AWA if I have the time to make her. XD I already have a CRAP load of PVC. I stocked up last season before it hit clearance and disappeared. If I pick up the D2 artbook at Otakon, I might do Skan-Ketna for AWA. Or Sugoi, if I get to go to Sugoi. Wooooo!

Terranell
05-31-2007, 01:23 AM
I'm thinking of picking up a copy of the D2 artbook myself... if you happen to get it, let me know if there are good Rozy and Adell reference pictures! XD I'd love you lots for it!

I think eventually, the regulars of this thread need to meet up and have a huge Disgaea photoshoot together. It would be loads of fun.

Envel
05-31-2007, 01:34 AM
Well, most of us are going to be at Otakon, no?

Friday night, at the fountain, at 8PM I believe it was? ^_^

My Vyers and I shall be there. She's kind of doing Vyers cause I'm making her, I dunno that she actually wants to do it. But she'll be the most precious Vyers ever! XD

Is it bad that she has the hips for Vyers? When he has womanly hips? D=

Yeah, I'll see about getting the artbook Friday. I don't like how things I want randomly sell out on Saturday. D=

Devi 1313
05-31-2007, 03:22 PM
there's a D2 artbook out? We had a broccoli books booth with everything Disgaea, but not that :/ I'd love to make a Rozalin costume but I don't think blonde would go with my skin color :(

Envel
06-01-2007, 10:09 PM
there's a D2 artbook out? We had a broccoli books booth with everything Disgaea, but not that :/ I'd love to make a Rozalin costume but I don't think blonde would go with my skin color :(

Aw, why not? I've seen cosplayers of every color do blonde characters. If you just change the shade of blonde slightly, it can work really well. : )

Yeah, there's a D2 artbook. I actually saw it last year at Otakon, I believe, but I was short on cash, and so I only got the first one. They recently released the English version of the first one, though, so maybe soon they'll release the second one too? ^_^

Oh, painted more on Etna's axe... Still have to sculpt those pieces to put onto it. Bleh. >_>

Captin Kyo
06-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Hmm id kinda like to hear your opinions... with my plenair costume.. about her shoes.

I bought plain white shoes. And i was just going to make a cuffling thingy to go around my ankle and then put red trim on the bottom of the shoe.. but then i realized that the laces would show. duh. stoopid me.

anyways so i was wondering if i should just make a shoe cover... or if the laces wouldnt be that big of a problem.

this is the version im doing. (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/captainkyo/plenair.png)

also any suggestions on how to make the headband/collar/tie would be loved ^_^

Devi 1313
06-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Hmm, I always thought that her shoes were like thi-hi boots.

And is her hair really that pale? I thought about doing Pleinair but I thought her hair was more of a royal blue. Hmm, guess I better wait for the 2nd art book.

Captin Kyo
06-03-2007, 04:39 PM
i think her hair is lighter. But then again depending on which pictures you use for reference i think it changes xD; I dont like dark blue xD;;

about her shoes. i dont know xD; lol. I just ordered some thigh high white socks. Thats what ive always interperted it as.

right now im in the middle of making usagi~

feytaline
06-03-2007, 06:16 PM
There are a lot of Pleinair images out there, since she's the character designer's original character. A few pages back was a link with TONS of Pleinair pictures--and she wore many different outfits as well. Hmm... I think that thigh high socks and a cuff will be fine. The laces shouldn't really be too big of an issue.

My friend made her Pleinair boots by buying brown shoes from the thrift store, adding a cuff and white shoe polishing the heck out of them. They looked great!

Captin Kyo
06-03-2007, 06:42 PM
yeah thats the site i got all my pictures from :D thanks.

About the cuff, do you think snaps would be alright to use?

Envel
06-03-2007, 08:50 PM
In cases like Plenair, her shoes could arguably be either boots or shoes and thigh-highs. So you can do either.

And why do I get the sneaking suspicion that the color of Plenair's hair is as annoying to figure out as Etna's?

Fear the Moo
06-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Doing Plenair is a very good idea. I've never seen anyone dressed up as her. Most Disgaea fans do Etna, because she's really easy to do, and she's hot. XD BTW, no offense to anybody doing Etna. x3

MajinEtna
06-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Im cosplaying Etna 'cause she's my favorite character. I would do Rozy or Plenair but, I'd perfer Etna 'cause thats my girl! She rocks! ^.^

MajinEtna
06-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Easy?! Oh hell no! I'm kinda a perfectionest and I've spent over $600 just finding the corect things like her fabric, a sewing maching, a white jade ring for her collar, leather and vinly materials and so on. XD lol!

Doing Plenair is a very good idea. I've never seen anyone dressed up as her. Most Disgaea fans do Etna, because she's really easy to do, and she's hot. XD BTW, no offense to anybody doing Etna. x3

feytaline
06-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Yeah, lol... Etna looks easy but... >.< Every costume looks easy until you really get into it!

Er, every costume but Rozzy. Rozzy is like... whoa. So everybody root for Terranell!!!

Envel
06-08-2007, 01:51 AM
Etna? Easy? *Laughs.* That's the greatest thing I've heard all day. =P Flonne is a much easier cosplay than Etna. Just y'know... Lack of insane tail... Lack of insane hair... No difficult shoe matching searches... Plenair is also a hecka lot easier than Flonne. o.O Oh well. Though I will admit that Etna's design looks deceptively simple. Until you try to actually make it physically work.

I think the reason most people do Etna is because, well, for one demons seem much more popular in the anime/game realm than angels. And black is also a popular color in the anime/game realm. White and angels just aren't as popular for some odd reason.

Ugh. Etna is stubbed and just needs her spikes.

I just gotta touch up the spikes with my last set of wefts. Woooooo.....

Devi 1313
06-08-2007, 01:59 AM
I like Etna because she's sassy and cute, so other people probably like her for the same reasons.

Fear the Moo
06-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Etna is super cute and everything, but Rozzy is super sweet, and it'll be a challenge which will make it better.

empress_donna
06-08-2007, 09:40 AM
hmm... I haven't played disgaea 2 yet ;-;

and I have been searching the universe (well.. all over glasgow) for the first game.

I think i'd cosplay flonne.. just for the fun of it (and that character annoys my friend richard)

Devi 1313
06-08-2007, 03:06 PM
hehe, I cheated and read the mangas. I really like Rozalin because I can relate to her being spoiled and sheltered a little too much.

Envel
06-08-2007, 11:24 PM
I've got no interest in D2 at the moment. I'll play/read it whenever I get bored, but it's not on my to-do list. Fire Emblem 9 is way above that, since I've had it for over a year and still haven't finished it. ._.

Anyway. XD

I've got the base for Etna's tail and wigs ready... I just have to cover the tail with the vinyl... Skin... Stuff.

And decide how I want to attach or not attach the wings.

Meh.

Captin Kyo
06-09-2007, 10:25 AM
>w< I got a progress piccu of meh bunny~ lol.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1121572

Its my first plushie ive ever tried to make >.<;;;

MajinEtna
06-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Oooh! Looking pretty good so far! ^.^

KnuxieChan
06-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Got my new Laharl wig a few days ago. I gotta get some dye for the material I'm gonna use for my attennea though. I couldn't find a close color. XO;; I'm done with the shorts. Just gotta touch up the boots and cape.

Unico
06-12-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm in the process of making a Flonne. I know shes more overdone then the rest of the characters, but she's soooo cute.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=78196&member=53607

Anybody have any good suggestions as to how I should do the maroon part with the cross. A lot of Flonne cosplayers seemed to make a corset or an apron out of it, but it looks more like an under dress or some kind of flap.

MajinEtna
06-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Though it's not the original art, (And I can't find the damn sketches! XD lol!)
Her little top is like a buster, like you already know. But maybe this image can give you some good idea on what to do with her top! ^.^

I love your Tira!

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/Disgaea/item48590/

I'm in the process of making a Flonne. I know shes more overdone then the rest of the characters, but she's soooo cute.

Anybody have any good suggestions as to how I should do the maroon part with the cross. A lot of Flonne cosplayers seemed to make a corset or an apron out of it, but it looks more like an under dress or some kind of flap.

Unico
06-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Thanks!! That picture is really cute but I was trying to stay more like the original.

MajinEtna
06-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Her top is a buster though, I just cant find the original image XD I will keep looking for it

Thanks!! That picture is really cute but I was trying to stay more like the original.

MajinEtna
06-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Found the original and final sketch!

http://disgaea.di.funpic.org/imgview.php?p=sketches&i=sketches/chaR_0302l.jpg

Captin Kyo
06-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Cuuute cosplay unico~ is that your real hair?

i hate snaps... x.x such tiny lil things take me forever =.=
and
i lost my interfacing... no idea where it ran off to.. -mumbles-

I just got the second disgaea.. couple days ago it was on sale xD and ive been playing that... is her name spelt plenair or pleinair? cuz now im all confused... lol

Envel
06-12-2007, 09:10 PM

Yeah, it's a bustier/corset thing. Someone already posted a link to the original sketches. ; )

Spikes for Etna are pretty much ready to be attached to the wig. x.x I would've been done earlier today, but I ran out of hairspray. (Imagine that...)

Hsien-Ko
06-12-2007, 10:15 PM
My boyfriend wants a Prinny costume but I got no idea on where to start! I know he can borrow my moogle wings since they're the same desing.. but the costume,ARgh!

can somebody help me?

KnuxieChan
06-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Unico; You could always look at the Disgaea art book (http://creativeuncut.com/art_disgaea-hour-of-darkness_a.html) for some good pics of Flonne. I use that (I actually bought the book during a con a few years back) for fixing up my Laharl.

Devi 1313
06-14-2007, 03:18 PM
My boyfriend wants a Prinny costume but I got no idea on where to start! I know he can borrow my moogle wings since they're the same desing.. but the costume,ARgh!

can somebody help me?

I'm not too sure, the best I could recommend is getting a prinny or penguin plush and then trying to make a life size version of that

Unico
06-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Unico; You could always look at the Disgaea art book (http://creativeuncut.com/art_disgaea-hour-of-darkness_a.html) for some good pics of Flonne. I use that (I actually bought the book during a con a few years back) for fixing up my Laharl.

Yeah, it's a bustier/corset thing. Someone already posted a link to the original sketches. ; ) )
Her top is a buster though, I just cant find the original image XD I will keep looking for it
Thank you everyone!!! You all have been most helpful!! =^.^=

Cuuute cosplay unico~ is that your real hair?
Yes it is my real hair. We have a love hate relationship. Sometimes I just want to wack it all off.

MajinEtna
06-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Your very welcome! I'm glad I finally found the original sketch so I could help ya! :heart:

Terranell
06-15-2007, 01:21 AM
Yeah, lol... Etna looks easy but... >.< Every costume looks easy until you really get into it!

Er, every costume but Rozzy. Rozzy is like... whoa. So everybody root for Terranell!!!

XD Thanks... this project intimidates me more with every yard of fabric that I buy. I bought some tulle to bounce up the bows that I'm working on... everything else is up in the air until I get the hoop skirt done. That's going to be the basis of everything else that I do.

Envel
06-16-2007, 01:49 AM
XD Thanks... this project intimidates me more with every yard of fabric that I buy. I bought some tulle to bounce up the bows that I'm working on... everything else is up in the air until I get the hoop skirt done. That's going to be the basis of everything else that I do.

I can beat that. We're doing artbook Trinity Blood next year. I cringe every time I'm buying supplies and I think "And I still need this, and this, and this, and this, and more of this, and this...". I swear, every time I think I've gathered HALF the supplies, I realize I forgot something. D=

BUT WAIT.

You're actually MAKING the hoopskirt? Am I understanding that right? That's hardcore.

So don't feel so bad. XD

Ugh.

Etna's wig is officially half done this time. After I tore the thing apart and completely started over, she is half done.

x.x

Devi 1313
06-17-2007, 01:22 AM
FINALLY! I found a picture of me in my ballgown! http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1132265

Envel
06-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Awww.

That's really cute, Devi. ^_^

LOLIGOTH ETNA I SAY! LOLIGOTH!

Envel
06-17-2007, 09:18 PM
ZOMG.

ETNA WIG PROGRESS PICTURES AT LAST!

I think I'm going to make a few more spikes to add on. I want it to be just a little fuller than it is now. I also have to add the hair ties on when she's finished.

So much more work. But so much accomplished so far! =D

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/AnimeJo/S2010041.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/AnimeJo/S2010040.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/AnimeJo/S2010039.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/AnimeJo/S2010038.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/AnimeJo/S2010037.jpg

I also might change the bangs more. I haven't tried it on yet with the "finished" bangs, so I don't know how they'll look on my head.

Guess we'll see. XD

nemisiscat
06-17-2007, 10:51 PM
What did you use for the spikes?

Envel
06-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Eh, y'know that pink sheet insulation foam that some people use as the base for their props? I just used that, carved it into the shape of the spikes, covered the spikes with cheapo cloth that matched the color of the wig (I did this by just cutting the fabric into strips and wrapping it around, using hot glue to secure the ends), and then covered the cloth-covered foam with the wig hair. I used Got2B Glued for the pointy ends of the spikes and just a hella lotta hairspray for the rest.

You can't use too much Got2B Glued on a dyed wig though, it messes with your colors and does funky things to it.

I find using the pink insulation foam is much, much cheaper than styrofoam and it's much less messy when you're carving it.

Oh, then (and this is the tricky part) I went ahead and attached my first two spikes (the bigger loking ones that curve out, then downward). After I had those guys attached, I played with the other spikes to figure out how I wanted them positioned, and used heavy duty scissors to cut the spikes at an angel, and used Hi-Temp hot glue to keep them in place.

LONG LONG LONG PROCESS.

Making the actual spikes took longer than putting the wig together. XD

Hsien-Ko
06-18-2007, 02:39 PM
@ Devil 1313: ^^ Thanks. My boyfriend has a Prinny plushy called Dood (how.. original! XD)

the only thing I'd have troubles with would be the peg legs Oo

Terranell
06-18-2007, 11:07 PM
BUT WAIT.

You're actually MAKING the hoopskirt? Am I understanding that right? That's hardcore.

So don't feel so bad. XD

XP You got it. I'm making everything. \m/

Ladies!! Pictures posted look fantastic! Keep up the good work!

KnuxieChan
06-19-2007, 01:36 AM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1134442

Here's my Laharl I wore to Colossalcon. I'm surprised people actually thought I was a guy. XD

nemisiscat
06-19-2007, 01:56 AM
@_@ I'm sooo not trying that for Rozalin's wig. Her spikes are more wispy anyway... So I think so clear drying caulk at the base of each and a ton of hair spray (maybe some got2b glued or whatever for the very, very tips of the spikes) will work. Hopefully. >_>

Envel
06-20-2007, 11:12 AM
I really don't see you'd need anything other than hairspray for Roz's spikes.

Hairspray can do amazing things, indeed.

Terranell
06-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Shippo87, I LOVE those bangles! *-* How in the world did you make them??

nemisiscat
06-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Yeah, those ARE really nice.

This is like the only thing I have completely finished for Roz's costume.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/nemisiscat/0527070002.jpg
It's the thingy below the yellow bow on the white in front of her dress.

Everything else is like 90% completed... except the crown.... Which is starting to scare me away cuz two part molds are scary. T_T

@Twilight - So... Roz's spikes would only need hairspray because they're so wispy? I'm not doing any stubbing cuz I couldn't understand what Katie Bair meant. >_> I'm just caulking on the crown after I put it in a pony tail. When it's dry... take out the ponytail then work on spikes. I think it'll work if I can get the caulking all the way down to the mesh of the wig.

N4y0
06-21-2007, 11:43 AM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1134442

Here's my Laharl I wore to Colossalcon. I'm surprised people actually thought I was a guy. XD

omg i saw you there! cool... I thought you looked great, I don't think you were a guy but some of my friends did. ^_^;

KnuxieChan
06-22-2007, 09:30 AM
omg i saw you there! cool... I thought you looked great, I don't think you were a guy but some of my friends did. ^_^;
Heheh, thanks. XD I guess if they thought I was a guy, I was rather convincing?

Shippo87, I LOVE those bangles! *-* How in the world did you make them??
They're actually thick plastic strips, with a thin rod on the base part, attached to a headband that's under my wig. My dad and I thought it up pretty last minute. @o;; But it works really well. It's lightweight and is pretty durable, unlike my last Laharl wig/antennea.

You're from feytaline's Disgaea group, right? She told me about you at the con. X3 We need to get a big Disgaea group for Ohayocon done!

Devi 1313
06-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Actually, I think she means your bracelets.

Envel
06-23-2007, 01:49 AM
Heheh, thanks. XD I guess if they thought I was a guy, I was rather convincing?

They're actually thick plastic strips, with a thin rod on the base part, attached to a headband that's under my wig. My dad and I thought it up pretty last minute. @o;; But it works really well. It's lightweight and is pretty durable, unlike my last Laharl wig/antennea.

You're from feytaline's Disgaea group, right? She told me about you at the con. X3 We need to get a big Disgaea group for Ohayocon done!

OHAYOCON?

OHAYOCON YOU SAY?

I'm so there.

KnuxieChan
06-23-2007, 02:12 AM
Actually, I think she means your bracelets.Oh. I'm a durh head. I made those out of, uh, ... I forgot what it was called. But it's clay, and when you bake it, it turns to plastic-ishness.

OHAYOCON?

OHAYOCON YOU SAY?

I'm so there. YEAH. OHAYOCON.

Woot! I wanna do Laharl in a dress as a joke costume. XD

Envel
06-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Oh. I'm a durh head. I made those out of, uh, ... I forgot what it was called. But it's clay, and when you bake it, it turns to plastic-ishness.

YEAH. OHAYOCON.

Woot! I wanna do Laharl in a dress as a joke costume. XD

^_^

I can bring Etna to Ohayo con this year, since that will involve... Packing and bringing her... XD

I might have Devil Flonne done by then, but that depends on me finding an afternoon for nothing but sewing.

Bwahaha.

NERVGendo
06-25-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm actually making a Disgaea 2 Gunner for Otakon this year. I just stumbled upon Disgaea not too long ago, and I loved the game, and the character design for it.

Envel
06-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Aaghh.

I could finish Etna if I would just sit down and do it. I think all my sizing is done, all I need are hems and finished edges. D=

Laaaaaazy....

Oh, I still have to make a harness for the wings.

Pfft. ._. I don't feel like it.

NERVGendo
06-25-2007, 10:58 PM
Well if you're going to Otakon you should finish it so we can have some kind of gathering.

crazymiko
06-25-2007, 11:40 PM
^^ My pleather has arrived! Of course it does so on the night I have a splitting headache so I just laid my pattern pieces down on it and chilled with my dad instead of sewing. Mid-Boss shall be very very interesting, I guess I need to do a test run with taping my chest before I start whittling down my pattern into the proper shape. Stupid tiny and very open jacket.

Envel
06-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Well if you're going to Otakon you should finish it so we can have some kind of gathering.

I believe I've said multiple times that Etna and Mid-Boss's debut will be Otakon... There's even a Disgaea thread in the Otakon forum... : /

And I believe the "official" Disgaea Otakon gathering time, as per Miss Feytaline's idea, is Friday night at 8 PM at the fountains. If you read all of the Disgaea Otakon thread.

@Miko-Chan. o= MID-BOSS!

I just finished the spike things that go on Etna's axe.... I'm going to fill them with hot glue though so they'll be more stable, and not just a piece of plastic. XD SOLID IS TEH WINZ.

KnuxieChan
06-26-2007, 12:23 PM
I wish I could go to Otakon. But I'm poor.. and a real homebody. D=

Envel
06-26-2007, 10:14 PM
I wish I could go to Otakon. But I'm poor.. and a real homebody. D=

D'=

But you're going to Ohayo con, right?

So where're you staying for Ohayo con? *nudge nudge*

I'm going to try and paint Etna's axe in ze morning. o<

KnuxieChan
06-27-2007, 12:57 AM
D'=

But you're going to Ohayo con, right?

So where're you staying for Ohayo con? *nudge nudge*Yeah, I am. Not sure where I'm staying yet though.

feytaline
06-28-2007, 05:38 AM
I might have to put off Skanky Etna til after Otakon. I can't seem to figure out how to make the giant bracelet/anklets of doooooom, and the boots might be too much for me right now. Suggestions for the anklets? My friend was going to help me out with fiberglass, but she's not sure that she'll have time at the moment. ;( I don't want to use model magic since it always, always cracks on me while drying, sculpey would be too heavy and I'd fear it would break, and I don't know what else to use. >.<

But... I got material to do a demon Flonne, because a) it will be a lot more comfortable than most of my costumes b) I love tails c) I can surprise my favorite Flonne Terranell with it after I'm all done--wait, she can view this thread! Crap! and d) it is so much fun to play a ditzy, angelic character. Oh, I forgot e) It's CHEAP (comparitively) since I already have red contacts, the material, and I can just borrow a yellow wig from someone.

Shippo87's Laharl was AWESOME! (Can't wait to see you at Ohayocon!) I had so much fun at Colossalcon. It was fun to bring out Etna, and I am REALLY happy with the new color (thank you, Terranell! I just need to harass you to do the pigtails for me, since I suck at 'em.) I'll try and upload pics soon.

MajinEtna
06-28-2007, 02:47 PM
I might have to put off Skanky Etna til after Otakon. I can't seem to figure out how to make the giant bracelet/anklets of doooooom, and the boots might be too much for me right now. Suggestions for the anklets? My friend was going to help me out with fiberglass, but she's not sure that she'll have time at the moment. ;( I don't want to use model magic since it always, always cracks on me while drying, sculpey would be too heavy and I'd fear it would break, and I don't know what else to use. >.<

But... I got material to do a demon Flonne, because a) it will be a lot more comfortable than most of my costumes b) I love tails c) I can surprise my favorite Flonne Terranell with it after I'm all done--wait, she can view this thread! Crap! and d) it is so much fun to play a ditzy, angelic character. Oh, I forgot e) It's CHEAP (comparitively) since I already have red contacts, the material, and I can just borrow a yellow wig from someone.

Shippo87's Laharl was AWESOME! (Can't wait to see you at Ohayocon!) I had so much fun at Colossalcon. It was fun to bring out Etna, and I am REALLY happy with the new color (thank you, Terranell! I just need to harass you to do the pigtails for me, since I suck at 'em.) I'll try and upload pics soon.

Skanky Etna? lol! She dresses skank like in both games XD

Well for the anklets, have you ever thought of Fimo Clay? My anklets come apart and they have little snaps on them so they snap on and snap off corectly. Her boots, I'm modifiying some sandles with a square heel with red and dark navy fabric.

Envel
06-28-2007, 03:02 PM

Well for the anklets, have you ever thought of Fimo Clay? My anklets come apart and they have little snaps on them so they snap on and snap off corectly. Her boots, I'm modifiying some sandles with a square heel with red and dark navy fabric.

*coughs*

Fimo is heavier than Sculpey, the ONLY difference other than that between Fimo and Sculpey is that Fimo is a heck of a lot more durable. I wouldn't recommend Fimo or Sculpey for pieces that big. If you need a piece that big, the only thing light weight enough that would be wearable and durable would be either Paper Clay or Wonderflex, both of which are super durable and light weight. The only downfall to them is that you'll have to do a great deal of smoothing and sanding to get them smooth.

Anyway, you guys all go to Ohayo con? o= Mebbe we should all room together to save poor me some money. XD Cause we're not sure whether or not my pretty Miko is going to be going or not, I need some roomies.

Oh, I don't know if the idea interests you or not, Feytaline, but me being who I am (Hates making boot covers.... Period), I'm going to be getting some of those skanky thigh high platform boots (they're the most similar I can find to Skanky Etna's) and I'm going to remove the shiny off the heel and paint that part red. Just an idea, in case you're interested. ^_^

ETNA AXE PROGRESS! It's so close to finished! ^_^

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/AnimeJo/S2010041-1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/AnimeJo/S2010043.jpg

Envel
06-28-2007, 03:02 PM

*coughs*

Fimo is heavier than Sculpey, the ONLY difference other than that between Fimo and Sculpey is that Fimo is a heck of a lot more durable. I wouldn't recommend Fimo or Sculpey for pieces that big. If you need a piece that big, the only thing light weight enough that would be wearable and durable would be either Paper Clay or Wonderflex, both of which are super durable and light weight. The only downfall to them is that you'll have to do a great deal of smoothing and sanding to get them smooth.

Anyway, you guys all go to Ohayo con? o= Mebbe we should all room together to save poor me some money. XD Cause we're not sure whether or not my pretty Miko is going to be going or not, I need some roomies.

Oh, I don't know if the idea interests you or not, Feytaline, but me being who I am (Hates making boot covers.... Period), I'm going to be getting some of those skanky thigh high platform boots (they're the most similar I can find to Skanky Etna's) and I'm going to remove the shiny off the heel and paint that part red. Just an idea, in case you're interested. ^_^

MajinEtna
06-28-2007, 03:58 PM
*coughs*

Well the fimo clay worked for me ^^

KnuxieChan
06-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Whoa, that's an awesome axe. I should make Laharl's sword. XD I'm up for all rooming together! It'll be one big Disgaea orgy.

And.. I think I used either fimo or sculpey for my bracets and they aren't too heavy, actually.

Envel
06-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Whoa, that's an awesome axe. I should make Laharl's sword. XD I'm up for all rooming together! It'll be one big Disgaea orgy.

And.. I think I used either fimo or sculpey for my bracets and they aren't too heavy, actually.

If it's not too heavy, it might be Sculpey. I'm pretty sure Fimo is heavier.

I don't like using clay if I can get away from it, myself. XD

Sweet, Disgaea orgy. o< I'm going to make room reservations for now, I can always cancel them later if plans get changed.

And you should make Laharl's sword. o= I don't think I've seen anyone try and make it yet. (Since it seems a lot of people just do Disgaea for the simplicity of it. XD)

crazymiko
06-28-2007, 11:05 PM
If it's not too heavy, it might be Sculpey. I'm pretty sure Fimo is heavier.

I don't like using clay if I can get away from it, myself. XD

Sweet, Disgaea orgy. o< I'm going to make room reservations for now, I can always cancel them later if plans get changed.

And you should make Laharl's sword. o= I don't think I've seen anyone try and make it yet. (Since it seems a lot of people just do Disgaea for the simplicity of it. XD)

Orgy? Room for me?

Haha, chances are I will be coming home from the Japan long enough to go. I was going to stay on that side of the world but I don't really have much desire to vacation by myself.

Mid-Boss has kind of stalled because I finally got pissed off enough to completely reorganize the sewing room. My pants are cut out, but I'm knee deep in sorting patterns. I am so sick of not being able to find anything in that room, including my godforsaken seamripper. I found the crappy one, but I want the good one so I can fix the sleeve on the jacket.

nemisiscat
06-29-2007, 12:10 AM
I finally got my jewelery for Rozalin done. <3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/nemisiscat/rozalincrown.jpg
Her crown

And....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/nemisiscat/rozalinnecklace.jpg
Her necklace. =D

I think they turned out fabulous for my first time using molds and resin, especially two part molds. :D

BurnSizzleMelt
06-29-2007, 12:42 AM
I'm working on a plenair cos. But I'm doing her in her school uniform version. Does anyone have images that show the bottom part, shoes socks or whatever? I've got the top almost completed, working on the bunny now. ^-^ I luff making plushies!

MajinEtna
06-29-2007, 02:32 AM
I finally got my jewelery for Rozalin done. <3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/nemisiscat/rozalincrown.jpg
Her crown

And....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/nemisiscat/rozalinnecklace.jpg
Her necklace. =D

I think they turned out fabulous for my first time using molds and resin, especially two part molds. :D

Looking great girl!