PDA

View Full Version : Bleach VS Naruto Water Balloon Fight

Arei
09-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Like the title says, we're thinkin' 'bout setting up a water balloon fight between BLEACH and some other big group of cosplayers! Not sure wot day yet, I'll post that when we come up with a good day and time. Either way it MUST happen! C'mon y'know you wanna!

So post if interested.

Others can come along to take photos or videos.

water balloon fight is canceled due to how cold the weather has been lately and the lack of interest, sorry but well try it again for A-Kon

Flashlight Tag: BRING YOUR OWN FLASHLIGHT!!!
Meet in hotel lobby at midnight
Where: the park
When: head down around 12:30 (this all depends on the Amano show)

astillar
09-29-2006, 07:06 PM
I don't think the hotel would like that. Even if it were planned for outside, you know some dumb kids will take it inside. Or restart it later during the con. It sounds like bad news to me.

Arei
09-29-2006, 07:09 PM
I don't think the hotel would like that. Even if it were planned for outside, you know some dumb kids will take it inside. Or restart it later during the con. It sounds like bad news to me.
mm true...well just see how things go i guess...if enough people are interested well try to find a way..if not then no go

Digital Blush
09-29-2006, 08:34 PM

ehh either way if the hotel allows it outside or not.. astillar has a good point. plus i dont think some cosplayers would want their costumes ending up wet, muddy or such.

Nicepants
09-29-2006, 08:56 PM
I would suggest this all happen poolside. Bleach allready has several "at the beach" pics, so there's plenty of inspiration to draw from, you can show up in a bathink suit suited to your character, and not worry about getting your costume wet.

Disco Aizen
09-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Hmm..Obviously we're not going to do it inside the hotel. I'm thinking if theres a park somewhere then we can take the fight there. It might require some walking like the 15min death march at Afest.

LEGO Renji
09-29-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm interested, thought my costume can take some water 'damage'.

Arei
09-29-2006, 10:41 PM
i know my costume can take water "damage" but will get very heavy for my arms XD...and yeh i was thinking bout that park as well...even if it will be a walk at least in the end well cool off lol

Arei
09-30-2006, 01:30 AM
Coolio!!!

Lady Saea
09-30-2006, 01:37 AM
It'd be better to have a water balloon fight away from the hotel like mentioned (park or such) and how about out of cosplay? Just to prevent any possible damage. Even if its just water balloons, other things can happen. An OOC (Out of character/cosplay) water balloon fight would be fun though. :D

Koda89
09-30-2006, 02:18 AM
I don't want to get wet like Ikkaku during the whole Ikkaku vs. Water Spray thing from AnimeFEST....>_>

So, OOC it is(for me)!

Saejima
09-30-2006, 03:32 AM
I don't want to get wet like Ikkaku during the whole Ikkaku vs. Water Spray thing from AnimeFEST....>_>

So, OOC it is(for me)!

Gimmie a pac of pixie stixs and mountain dew and im good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Eared Inu Yasha
10-01-2006, 02:07 AM
Maybe if we are out of costume the narutards can wear thier headbands so we can recognize them. But what will the bleachers wear?

Cat-Chans
10-01-2006, 02:20 AM
hmmm...
I would say something with the divisions but I don't know what...

Lady Saea
10-01-2006, 02:36 AM
We need cheap capes that have the division logos on them. XD

Disco Aizen
10-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Thats not a bad idea.. I guess either the Bleach people can wear the captain's cape or wear black and white. Cosplay would be optional.

Pharaoh Atem
10-01-2006, 12:57 PM
> >; Well whatever happens, PLEASE watch out for other Cosplayers who just happen to be in the area looking for a good shoot.

Don't get people in the face.

Mind that your wig is going to get unstyled.

Be ready to be stopped by Hotel security even if by the pool.

Please be ready to pick up water balloon wrappers.

But I hope it works out, and have fun. :D!

Arei
10-01-2006, 04:10 PM
We need cheap capes that have the division logos on them. XD
but but but im an arrancar...id be weird for me to wear a division cape XD;

im sure well figure out something..we got a while still

LEGO Renji
10-01-2006, 06:00 PM
We could wear the division armbands.

Saejima
10-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Since im a Vizard Ill wear a white shirt with the letter V on it and my name on the back with black shorts

Eared Inu Yasha
10-03-2006, 02:40 AM
I shall be monochromatic. Maybe I will get A black Shirt and paint my division symbole on it in white. :)

Cat-Chans
10-03-2006, 03:27 AM
I'll probabaly wear my Nice Vibe shirt since I doubt I'll have time to make something

MidnightMist
10-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Since im a Vizard Ill wear a white shirt with the letter V on it and my name on the back with black shorts

It'd be the hardest for us Vaizards to match with each other, since we have the least uniform costumes of any other group. The letter V idea sounds like a good plan to me, but getting wet at a cold fall con doesn't. >_<

Asmaria
10-03-2006, 12:43 PM
I've been thinking about it, and almost decided to wear Tatsuki, but... if you wear white to a waterballoon fight what do you think's gonna happen? XDDD

I'll figure something out. I like the idea of simply painting divisions on our t-shirts, cause then you can wear a black one. If you're arrancar, paint your number or draw your mask!

The letter V idea sounds like a good plan to me, but getting wet at a cold fall con doesn't. >_<

True- Be sure to have a quick change of clothes, because I'm fairly certain that while it wasn't the reason I got sick at Animefest, I think that staying in those wet robes and getting an earfull of water didn't help my situation any.

Disco Aizen
10-03-2006, 12:57 PM
It'd be the hardest for us Vaizards to match with each other, since we have the least uniform costumes of any other group. The letter V idea sounds like a good plan to me, but getting wet at a cold fall con doesn't. >_<

For once I hope it will be hot that day so it might actually feel good.

I guess as far as Arrancar goes, I'm still going to wear my jacket. I'll change into some black and white clothes to match the occasion.

For Bleach we should do black and white. And for Naruto they can either wear a head band or orange and black.

Arei
10-03-2006, 02:47 PM
For once I hope it will be hot that day so it might actually feel good.

I guess as far as Arrancar goes, I'm still going to wear my jacket. I'll change into some black and white clothes to match the occasion.

For Bleach we should do black and white. And for Naruto they can either wear a head band or orange and black.
that sounds good (i know i got lots of black clothes, no much on the white side though), now just wot time and where (but i think the park was mentioned)

Cat-Chans
10-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Have any Narutards even posted yet
XD

Maybe we should make a sister thread on the onicon forums

RabidAnt
10-03-2006, 04:04 PM
I can see it now, a bunch of random people with various bleach symbols on them running rampant through the con...randomly terrifying unsuspecting narutards.......I'm getting a very good feeling about this con.

AudioFox
10-03-2006, 05:23 PM
hmmmm might wanna think of something else not to be mean :)

Asmaria
10-03-2006, 05:40 PM
I haven't seen any Naruto cosplayers interested either. Remember, not everyone's costume is waterproof. I don't think a few of the Naruto ones would be. They may not even read the thread based on that assumption. Although, if it ends up just being us Bleachers, I am totally for a good vs. evil vs. fence-sitters, IE, every man for himself. X)

Arei
10-03-2006, 05:51 PM
I haven't seen any Naruto cosplayers interested either. Remember, not everyone's costume is waterproof. I don't think a few of the Naruto ones would be. They may not even read the thread based on that assumption. Although, if it ends up just being us Bleachers, I am totally for a good vs. evil vs. fence-sitters, IE, every man for himself. X)

yeh thats how itll probably end up being, since NOT A SINGLE NARUTO COSPLAYER HAS POSTED!! *glares at them*

Cherry
10-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Just to note: It can't be at the hotel pool .The hotel pool is classy, and located on the top floor of a sky-scraper. Lol. The entire side of it is lined with windows over-looking down-town Houston. I think waterballoons and running is a saftey issue.

There IS however a rather large park area next to the hotel, I think?

Ludger03
10-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Just to note: It can't be at the hotel pool .The hotel pool is classy, and located on the top floor of a sky-scraper. Lol. The entire side of it is lined with windows over-looking down-town Houston. I think waterballoons and running is a saftey issue.

There IS however a rather large park area next to the hotel, I think?

a small one becuase i remember it was large but seems like its under construction cherry. i went today to check out the place. perhaps it be done by the time the con starts. however there a small park well guess that what it left before the construction happen

Nicepants
10-04-2006, 03:27 AM
well, the entire hotel is classy, neh? lol.
But, I wonder if that means that the hotel staff would rather convention goers stay out of the pool alltogether?

I guess that's the side effect of a con getting bigger and bigger, the location must change to compensate, and sometimes that means a more serious atmosphere.

Such a shame though.

Cat-Chans
10-04-2006, 04:16 AM
Thats ridiculous, you're a paying customer of the hotel you can use the pool all you want to. They arn't going to not let you swim becuase you're there for the con.

Saejima
10-04-2006, 04:08 PM
I agree with cat-chan my uncle works for the hilton down in dallas and he says that if you pay to stay there you get all access to the hotel its just common sense ie you casn only get in to the pool with a hotel room key

Ludger03
10-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Thats ridiculous, you're a paying customer of the hotel you can use the pool all you want to. They arn't going to not let you swim becuase you're there for the con.

true to that. but i doubt they will allow people throwing water ballons and leaving a mess.

thats why cherry said the park so no one gets in trouble. ^^"" thats the main reason of all this. hehe people are allow to swim in the pool just no waterballon fighting and running.

Arei
10-04-2006, 10:28 PM
ok ill just clear something up, the park was mentioned for the balloon fight so thats most likely where itll be...at the pool was never a good idea..wet concrete + running + me = falling down and hurting myself D:

but yeh the park sounds good...not sure wot day or time though, saturday seems rather busy, friday not so much and sunday will end up being a rather short day.. so looks like either friday or sunday

Eared Inu Yasha
10-04-2006, 10:43 PM
I wont be able to go to the con Sunday. I will be leaving pretty early from what I remember. I have to catch my plane. :(

Arei
10-04-2006, 11:06 PM
I wont be able to go to the con Sunday. I will be leaving pretty early from what I remember. I have to catch my plane. :(
hmm than i guess friday is really the only day we can do it

Cat-Chans
10-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Crud
I have an ACDF meet friday night
D:

Saejima
10-05-2006, 12:47 AM
Crud
I have an ACDF meet friday night
D:
how about friday AFTERNOON

Eared Inu Yasha
10-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Here is an Idea.... How bout we challenge the Kingdom Hearts people? They is a big thread for them, so we know they exist. :)

Disco Aizen
10-05-2006, 12:49 PM
Here is an Idea.... How bout we challenge the Kingdom Hearts people? They is a big thread for them, so we know they exist. :)

You do have a point. I've been meaning to hit up the KH people. Nothing against you guys or anything, in fact I love KH. I just want to throw waterballons at somebody. o_o

Arei
10-05-2006, 02:11 PM
lol how do you change titles for threads? :9 cos i have yet to figure that one out lol

Saejima
10-05-2006, 02:11 PM
You do have a point. I've been meaning to hit up the KH people. Nothing against you guys or anything, in fact I love KH. I just want to throw waterballons at somebody. o_o

Or we can hit up with the FMA people or the FF people any big cosplay groups would do *shinji smile*

Cat-Chans
10-05-2006, 02:59 PM
how about friday AFTERNOON
I won't be in Houston till 6
D:

Ya'll just do it without me. It's not like I'm useful in battle anyway, I'm the healer.

I'll fix all your battle scars when I get there or something
XD

Arei
10-05-2006, 03:22 PM
I won't be in Houston till 6
D:

Ya'll just do it without me. It's not like I'm useful in battle anyway, I'm the healer.

I'll fix all your battle scars when I get there or something
XD
well ill be sure to throw extra waterballoons for you

Asmaria
10-05-2006, 05:49 PM
lol how do you change titles for threads? :9 cos i have yet to figure that one out lol

I think you have to edit your original post.

Dark Ninja Kira
10-05-2006, 11:42 PM
*ish the first Naruto cosplayer* Woot! I'd totally go for it, but I wouldn't wear my full cosplay. Just probably get a T-Shirt and sew the Uchiha sign to the back of it and wear my swim suit under the T-shirt, along with my head band of course. Though I don't know who's side I'd be on now, Bleach or KH Oo? XD!

Saejima
10-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Finally a Naruto Charecter

Cat-Chans
10-06-2006, 12:19 AM
Lets just make it an all out brawl (even if I might not make it)
Shinigami VS Ninjas VS Keybearers VS Alchemist

Eared Inu Yasha
10-06-2006, 02:27 AM
lol everyone kill each other! whoo hoo! If there isn't too much going on Friday night, how bout we go to the park and have the fight after cat arrives? Water fight in the dark of the night! Stealth mode! bwahaha!
hmm but that might make it hard to find the broken balloons to clean ... and then depending on how late it is ... there are safety issues ... hmm

Er. that wasnt the brightest idea. A night time fight would be fun but its just not wise. *sigh* And then its colder at night and wet and cold are not friends. October is a tricky month. Its hard to tell how hot or cold it will be.

And I would just like to add that if Sunday ends up being the best day for ya'll to do it, then go for it! :) I wouldn't be offended.

Cat-Chans
10-06-2006, 02:36 AM
You know what could be done instead of water balloons at night?
Flashlight tag
O:

Saejima
10-06-2006, 03:22 AM
Lets just make it an all out brawl (even if I might not make it)
Shinigami VS Ninjas VS Keybearers VS Alchemist

you mean

Bleach VS everyone else

Asmaria
10-06-2006, 08:55 AM
You know what could be done instead of water balloons at night?
Flashlight tag
O:

I like how you think. Hehe. If we play tag in the dark, I'm wearing Gin. Also, I don't have to worry about wet costumes!

Dark Ninja Kira
10-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Though Flashlight tag would be a better..er..Battle, you would still have to think about being outside in a park at night in downtown Houston, still kinda risky
But I think Flashlight tag will be better, you won't have to worry about getting your cosplay soaked and more people would play then

ZakuKitty
10-06-2006, 12:00 PM
If we have a water balloon fight nobody hit me in the face if I'm Shuuhei at the time. Don't want my 69 running. XP

Saejima
10-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Are and I think Flash lite tags a good idea in the woods, dark, so many good hiding places

Eared Inu Yasha
10-06-2006, 02:08 PM
oooh! Fun! ^_^ I like that Idea. And I really think if we are in a large group saftey wont really be an issue. ^_^ And yeah! We could still cosplay! ....Although I remember during Cat-chan's 15 minute shinagami march I kept getting whistled at....... and I was thinking "what is the deal?"
oh.. matsumoto's shirt... ^_^() the pink scarf of modesty to the rescue!

RabidAnt
10-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Yes yes....staying together in groups would be a good idea....I wonder if we will get to see the " original spider-man"...wonder where that guy went...(anyone who drives around houston should maybe know who I'm referencing). And before we all break into groups, might want to exchange numbers when we get there so we can let any over-acheiving people know when uh...everyone else is leaving =P

Arei
10-06-2006, 05:06 PM
friday is sounding like fun now, water balloon fight in the afternoon and flashlight tag at night! weee~

and asmaria i tried that but it didnt actually chage the thread title

Eared Inu Yasha
10-06-2006, 10:54 PM
I have challenged Kingdom hearts. They might pour in here later. I hear the orginization may take on the challenge XD

you guys should read their thread. Those key holder people are a whole other brand of silly. ^_^

Cat-Chans
10-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Have we callenged the FMA kids yet?
I'm sure we could get a whole pack of shrimp to come play

Arei
10-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Have we callenged the FMA kids yet?
I'm sure we could get a whole pack of shrimp to come play
rofl shrimp ish yummy :9

Cat-Chans
10-06-2006, 11:51 PM
OH, I know how to change the thread title
You need to click edit
and then click the go advanced button
(:

Arei
10-06-2006, 11:58 PM
OH, I know how to change the thread title
You need to click edit
and then click the go advanced button
(:
i tried that but it only let me change the title above the post and not the thread title :x

Syphon
10-07-2006, 12:25 AM
The FMA cosplayers (ther risembool rangers, at least) can take it, they've beaten one army at already (the miniskirts in the dodgeball battle of Middle Tenessee).

However, most of Organization XIII has taken your challenge.

Arei
10-07-2006, 12:28 AM
The FMA cosplayers (ther risembool rangers, at least) can take it, they've beaten one army at already (the miniskirts in the dodgeball battle of Middle Tenessee).

yay *does happy dance* we gots more people..at the rate it was going before it was going to be bleach people free for all lol

Cherry
10-07-2006, 01:13 AM
well, the entire hotel is classy, neh? lol.
But, I wonder if that means that the hotel staff would rather convention goers stay out of the pool alltogether?

I guess that's the side effect of a con getting bigger and bigger, the location must change to compensate, and sometimes that means a more serious atmosphere.

Such a shame though.

Actually this hotel, despite how fancy it is, absolutely LOVES the convention. It's just common sense not to throw water balloons and shoot guns out of a classy reletively small pool area. All con goers have FULL Access to the pool as long as you have a room key.

This con is big, but we're pretty sure there will be no hotel problems. They are good people.

tahiti
10-07-2006, 03:43 AM
If the KHers were to take on the Bleachers, I'd say the KHers should wear some variation of red, yellow, green or blue. The Kairis could wear pink, the Soras wear red, the Rikus wear yellow, Goofy wears green, and Donald wears blue. And then baddies get to wear black. Or something. I dunno.. late night ideas.

Arei
10-07-2006, 04:16 AM
If the KHers were to take on the Bleachers, I'd say the KHers should wear some variation of red, yellow, green or blue. The Kairis could wear pink, the Soras wear red, the Rikus wear yellow, Goofy wears green, and Donald wears blue. And then baddies get to wear black. Or something. I dunno.. late night ideas.
well if the baddies wore black then they could be mistaken for bleach cosplayers and thats no good

Syphon
10-07-2006, 09:40 AM
The baddies can wear kickass and pwn.

Errr.....I mean.....I'm cool in my coat, since I'm only doing the flashlight tag. If I participate in the water balloon fight, I'll be wearing what I'm wearing under the coat - that is, my boots, a black shirt, and my eyepatch/scar/wig. Oh, and pants.

perhaps I can do something to the shirt to make it more Organization....write XIII on the back or something.

Saejima
10-07-2006, 10:37 AM
you should wear the origanization number he is.

Saejima
10-07-2006, 10:37 AM
:bigtu: For anyone to recognize who I am the ballon fight im going to draw Shinji's mask on the front and write "Vizard" on the back and Ill wear the hat along with my Shinji grin. ^^

Syphon
10-07-2006, 10:45 AM
I had an idea. I'll go with it. Any other Organization fans want in, PM me for details and your favorite member.

LiL KRN YUNA
10-07-2006, 03:44 PM
NUUUUuuu...it has to be on friday!? -emo corner-...
aww this sounds like so much fun but i wont be there on friday...
do you think we can have another one on Sat?

Cat-Chans
10-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Saturday is Bleach Game night and the Bleach photoshoot so sadly probably not.
We may be able to have another game of flashlight tag at the bleach game night if enough people want to play.

I had an idea guys, I want to make challenge flyers for the bleachers to print out and hand to random KH, Naru, FF, and FMAers
I need to know the times of both events and the place you're meeting before walking to the park.

Arei
10-07-2006, 10:32 PM
:bigtu: For anyone to recognize who I am the ballon fight im going to draw Shinji's mask on the front and write "Vizard" on the back and Ill wear the hat along with my Shinji grin. ^^
youre painting the mask on yourself, cos i said im not doing it

Arei
10-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Saturday is Bleach Game night and the Bleach photoshoot so sadly probably not.
We may be able to have another game of flashlight tag at the bleach game night if enough people want to play.

I had an idea guys, I want to make challenge flyers for the bleachers to print out and hand to random KH, Naru, FF, and FMAers
I need to know the times of both events and the place you're meeting before walking to the park.
i can draw up some pics for the flyers if i find the time (which i doubt) if i do ill post the pics...cant print them up myself though

Eared Inu Yasha
10-08-2006, 03:05 AM
I pay lab fees. I can print some at school! bwahahaa ^_________^

Arei
10-08-2006, 07:08 PM
I pay lab fees. I can print some at school! bwahahaa ^_________^
ok..soon as i get some ideas in my head ill draw em up...maybe ill try to make em all Rukia-ish

Cat-Chans
10-09-2006, 12:31 AM
...Do we know what times, and where to meet for this?

becuase I think meeting at a place at the con and then walking as a group to the park is best. ALSO...who is bringing the water balloons?

RabidAnt
10-09-2006, 12:34 AM
I can stop by toy's r us and pick up a few bags worth

Disco Aizen
10-09-2006, 02:25 AM
I was going to do this if anybody wants to join me? I was going to wear all white with a black sash to signify that I was an Arrancar. Maybe Bleach people could wear sashes? Naruto people have headbands so I figure we need something.

Syphon
10-09-2006, 02:27 AM
How many Naruto people actually posted, like 2?

Kissmedeadly24
10-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Hey guys, if you're going to be doing the flash light tag instead of the water balloon fight with the KH group, I'm all for it. Just give a time and place. But for the water balloon fight... I'll take pictures. xD Kairi is not the best costume to get soaked in.

Eared Inu Yasha
10-09-2006, 01:38 PM
We wern't actually going to cosplay for the fight.

Hey disco, should maybe Shinigami wear all black with a white sash??

Arei
10-09-2006, 02:32 PM
wow so much going on now XD

cat-chan~: im not sure of the times yet, still trying to see wots best for people, and the meeting place i figured like hotel lobby or some big open place in the con

discoaizen & eared inu yasha: that sounds like a good idea, only problem for me being an arrancar and all i dont own anything that is white lol..guess i could stop by michael's and pick up a white tee

Cat-Chans
10-09-2006, 03:32 PM
EEP
White tee+water=see through
D:

you may want to wear something under the white to prevent wet tee shirt look.

The sash thing is a good idea, that way the KH Organization kids can wear black too if they want.
I'm still wearing my Nice Vibe shirt if I get there in time for the fight.

But the hotel lobby is a good meeting place, that or a particular entrance of the convention center seem to be the most popular choices for meeting places.

As for times, I think having the balloon fight right around 12 or 1 is good...maybe as late as 2. If anyone participating wants to go to the amano show (ME!) they'll need time to change, dry, and line up. As for Flashlight tag, it needs to be after the amano show and fairly late...midnight maybe?

Hopefully having the 2 different "battles" everyone that wants to do it will get to attend at least one

Arei
10-09-2006, 05:15 PM
EEP
White tee+water=see through
D:

you may want to wear something under the white to prevent wet tee shirt look.

The sash thing is a good idea, that way the KH Organization kids can wear black too if they want.
I'm still wearing my Nice Vibe shirt if I get there in time for the fight.

But the hotel lobby is a good meeting place, that or a particular entrance of the convention center seem to be the most popular choices for meeting places.

As for times, I think having the balloon fight right around 12 or 1 is good...maybe as late as 2. If anyone participating wants to go to the amano show (ME!) they'll need time to change, dry, and line up. As for Flashlight tag, it needs to be after the amano show and fairly late...midnight maybe?

Hopefully having the 2 different "battles" everyone that wants to do it will get to attend at least one
trust me i was planning on it..like a bathing suit top or something...the times sound like a good idea...and i so wanna go to the amano show >w<..but wot time to people who are participating in the show need to be there cos thats wot ill probably determine it all

Cat-Chans
10-09-2006, 08:15 PM
they don't know
D:

it's not posted anywhere...

Fallen)x(Angel
10-09-2006, 08:44 PM

Haha! Count me in!!! I'll do both of them, but I won't wear my Axel wig for the Water Balloon fight. I've spent too much time and used too much hair products to have it wash out and get my coat all sticky. Yuck.

Can someone please respond to my post telling me the day we plan on having these battles, the time, and the location? Please and thank youuu!

Arei
10-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Haha! Count me in!!! I'll do both of them, but I won't wear my Axel wig for the Water Balloon fight. I've spent too much time and used too much hair products to have it wash out and get my coat all sticky. Yuck.

Can someone please respond to my post telling me the day we plan on having these battles, the time, and the location? Please and thank youuu!
info is on the first page first post, not sure on exact times yet, i know the water balloon fight will be around noon or so on Friday and the flash light tag will be the same night, well either be meeting in the hotel lobby or convention entrance

Kagz
10-09-2006, 11:28 PM
HOO HAA! So it looks like this thing is off and running thats pretty cool. Well I could wear my whole costume if I really wanted to, its water proof as is meh wig cause that wig is the bomb! Heat styled wigs are wonderful! Anyways~~~ SO lets see, because of the month I think tag would be best, cold and me aren't really friends anyways but when you add wet to the mix then I am no where to be found. Maybe at Akon if we put something like this together. But im all for tag.

**Squee** Amano YAY! Catchan we should go together! How about it?

Cat-Chans
10-10-2006, 02:35 AM
yes, we can have a whole bleach section
Bleach <3 Amano
XD
...except I won't be in a bleach costume that night
D:

LEGO Renji
10-10-2006, 07:56 AM
yes, we can have a whole bleach section
Bleach <3 Amano
XD
...except I won't be in a bleach costume that night
D:

Don't worry, you're still a Bleacher and thus an ally.

Fallen)x(Angel
10-10-2006, 09:56 PM
I reaaaaally want to make both battles, but I'm not sure what time we're leaving on friday. I'm begging my mom to have us leave in my lunch period (begins at 11:30), and the 3 hour drive will get us there around 2:30, so maybe we could wait until like 3 or 4 to do it? Pleasssse? I can see if we can go earlier, but I highly doubt it. ;_;

And I know that if I don't make water balloons I can make the flashlight tag, but I don't want to mis 12012's concert, so can we also plan around that? I know that convention times are definately going to change, but can we not purposely start it the time of the concert?

Cat-Chans
10-11-2006, 12:20 AM
The problem with having it that late is that anyone that wants to go to the amano show (or participating) need time to change and dry off. If the amano show is like regular cosplay the participants have to line up at around 5:30

and I've seen some of those amano costumes, they take a while to get into
D:

I don't know about the concert, how dose everyone else feel about that?
I don't care to go one way or another but I understand a lot of people do. The schedual says it lasts till midnight, Maybe we can do flashlight tag at 12:30?

Syphon
10-11-2006, 12:23 AM
I'm good, I'm not going to the concert or the amano thing.

Cat-Chans
10-11-2006, 12:34 AM
BTW
There were water balloons and squirt guns on sale at my wal-mart for $.50 or something. I didn't grab any becuase I didn't know exactly when the water battle was going down and if I could make it.
BUT
any of you definate attenders may want to check out wallie world

RabidAnt
10-11-2006, 01:38 AM
I'll raid the local walmart or toy's r us and grab some water balloons.

Saejima
10-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Me and Arei are gonna get the grenade ones there awesome for this

Fallen)x(Angel
10-11-2006, 08:39 PM
I just found out that I won't be leaving my house until my mom gets home on friday, so I probably won't leave til about 4:30 or 5. So that pretty much rules me out of the water balloon battle. But why don't we just do it saturday?

And I can ask my mom if we can stay up on whatever night it is we have the flashlight tag, though she might want us to go to sleep around 2.

Cat-Chans
10-12-2006, 12:07 AM
We can't do it Saturday, Saturday (among other things) is the Bleach Photo shoot.

Arei
10-12-2006, 02:58 PM
yeh, sat is too busy, wed do it sunday but well a lot of people will be busy hitting the dealers room for deals, packing up, or leaving too early, so friday is really the only day we can do it..shame its not a four day con like AFest was

Syphon
10-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Yeah, I just saw that this all was for Friday. I won't be able to make the water balloon battle then, I get out of Class at noon, then we're headed up. I'm cool for the flashlight tag, though....and the Organization is gonna own that with our black coats!

Cat-Chans
10-13-2006, 01:57 AM
Shinigami wear black too P:
(I'm one to talk...I'll be in the HS uniform D:

X3
I'm excited for Flashlight tag

do we have a time yet, it's getting kind of close

Asmaria
10-13-2006, 03:36 AM
Honestly I don't know a good time for tag @_@ I mean, there was a suggestion of midnight? I guess? I'm good for anything. I'm going to the masquerade, but totally will leave early for tag if it runs over or something.

Fallen)x(Angel
10-13-2006, 08:09 AM
Oh hell...the con is in a week and I still have to finish costumes and wigs. ;_; Doesn't this suck?

Yeah, I'm gonna miss the water balloons, but I will definately try to ask my mom is we can stay up for the flashlight tag.

Should we meet somewhere in the hotel before heading out? I don't want to be given an address to go to and get lost because I've ever been to this hotel in houston before.

Arei
10-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Oh hell...the con is in a week and I still have to finish costumes and wigs. ;_; Doesn't this suck?

Yeah, I'm gonna miss the water balloons, but I will definately try to ask my mom is we can stay up for the flashlight tag.

Should we meet somewhere in the hotel before heading out? I don't want to be given an address to go to and get lost because I've ever been to this hotel in houston before.
with how chilly the weather has been lately the water balloon fight might have to wait till A-Kon or next years AFest but the flashlight tag will deffinatly happen

haha i got lots of work left too..making my dress for the ball, the most time consuming part is painting the petals on...and im actaully using a sewing machine for the first time ever! so yeh...it looks a lil crappy in places >>

Cat-Chans
10-13-2006, 09:18 PM
OK, this is the plan then
COSPLAY FLASHLIGHT TAG
Saturday at 12:00AM
Meet in the hotel lobby

BYOF
(ring your own flashlight)

there is a chance that if they release the schedual fairly soon the time might change to acomodate the ball and concert

Asmaria
10-13-2006, 09:34 PM
I picked up a bunch of water balloons in case, but if it doesn't work out, that's ok. I don't mind, cause I don't want to end up sick if it's cold out. A-fest was a lesson in how that goes. XD

I need to pick up a flashlight tomorrow! I can't find mine. :(

Fallen)x(Angel
10-14-2006, 12:38 AM
Okay, I'll be in my Alice in Wonderland Raver white rabbit then, and depending on if the group is going to be at the dance at that time is the deciding factor on wether or not I'll be able to make it. I'll try to change, but I don't know how it's gonna work.

Cat-Chans
10-14-2006, 03:30 AM
Well, I was trying to think of the best way to play tag as more of a team game rather than on person is it
since it is supposed to be an epic battle

SO

after a little searching I found this variant on tag
Battle Tag (War Tag)

It is a battle between the Freezer, the Heater and the Runners. The tagger freezes people as in Freeze tag. The Heater unfreezes people. The runners run away from the Freezer. The Freezer can throw balls or tag to tag people. However the Freezer may not freeze the Heater.

Each series would choose 1 (or more depending on turn out) Freezer, and Heater. We would play for a certain amount of time (10 minutes) and then at the end the series with the most runners frozen is out. Then we start a new round till there is a winner.

Since it will be dark and visibility will be limited to flashlights if you tag your own team member they MUST stay frozen for the duration of the round so they are counted in the tally.

Between rounds you can swich freezers and heaters

OH OH
even better idea
There could be "Freeze" and "Heat" cards that teams can hand off to eachother. Like ok, I have a Freeze card and I've taged a few people so now the teams know I'm the freezer for bleach. SO, I hand my card off to another bleacher so that the other teams won't know who's coming after them anymore.

SO
what do ya'll think?
Maybe, since we can't figure out how to change the title we should make a tag thread and extend the invite to other series.

trevinokenjiro
10-14-2006, 05:05 AM
whos gonna pick up the mess? You know all the plastic broken ballon parts? ;_;?

Arei
10-14-2006, 01:22 PM
catchan that sounds like a really good idea, just gotta get me a flash light now lol

trevinokenjiro if we do the waterballoon fight we will pick up the waterballoons afterwards, its rather rude to leave them everywhere

Eared Inu Yasha
10-14-2006, 01:42 PM
I vote to drop the waterballoon fight and maybe try one for a-kon.
Reasons:
1) cold
2) lotsa people cant go
3) its not cosplay friendly
4) the sceduling is complicated cause people need time to change.

I don't think I will participate in the water balloon fight this time either.
I may bring a bag of balloons in case I change my mind.

I am definently in for tag though.

And on the cards for tag, that sounds cool but maybe thats adding too much work. Oh wait. I have an Idea just bring two decks of poker cards with differnt designs on the back. Then those can be the cards and noone has to make them. Each teams cards would look different.

And if a freezer tags someone and gives them a card they have to take it. (even if it turns out to be their own team member)

^_^ this is sounding fun.

Fallen)x(Angel
10-14-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm a little confused on the game plan. >.< We have cards that do what now? How does the freezer freeze people? Can your own team freezer freeze you? Can the other team's heater unfreeze you?

And I agree with Inu's idea of dropping the water baloon fight.

Arei
10-14-2006, 03:14 PM
alrigh well drop the waterballoon fight for this con and have it at A-Kon *will post a thread in akon forum* saejima will be a lil upset though, he really wanted to go crazy lol

anyway yeh, battle flash light tag will be fun!

Disco Aizen
10-14-2006, 07:56 PM
You know its funny because when I first suggested the whole waterballoon fight
it was ment for FUTURE cons. Not this one. XD Meh..I'm sure everyone will understand. Personally I don't want to get Pneumonia if its going to be cold. Aizen gets cold easily. >_<

Cat-Chans
10-14-2006, 08:41 PM
No no,
you're only supposed to pass cards around your leam
each team has a freezer and a heater
all the other team members are runners, their job is to avaid the other teams freezers.
You would pass cards around you're team to confuse the other teams.

After sleeping on this I found some flaws with the idea, but I think I know how to fix them. The problem was that teams will probably be outnumbered, so to compensate teams with less players will get more freezers
so lets say bleach has 15 players and Kingdom hearts has 20, Bleach would have 2 freezers while Kingdom Hearts would have one.

Freezers can tag the freezers and heaters from the other teams

Since the whole water balloon thing is droped and we can't chage the title should I make a tag thread?

RabidAnt
10-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Any rules on size of flashlight we can bring? And unless I'm missing something, wouldn't it be best if freezers/heaters were invincible? Or at least unfreeze after "X" amount of time? Otherwise it would kind of stop the game if they both get frozen on a team.

Cat-Chans
10-15-2006, 09:00 PM
Well, if a freezer was frozen then the heater of that team would need to unfreeze them ASAP, chances are each team will have at least 2 of each so it would be pretty hard to freeze all the other teams freezers and heaters...

Heres an idea, even if they are frozen, they can still pass off their cards.

I'd say no restrictions on size really, just try not to bring one of those really powerfull one's that illuminate for a mile and crap.

Arei
10-16-2006, 04:02 PM
You know its funny because when I first suggested the whole waterballoon fight
it was ment for FUTURE cons. Not this one. XD Meh..I'm sure everyone will understand. Personally I don't want to get Pneumonia if its going to be cold. Aizen gets cold easily. >_<
lol its ok, got it down in the A-Kon forum now, so maybe at akon next year, by then there should be plenty of people wanting to do it

Arei
10-16-2006, 04:05 PM
so are we going to have like red construction paper cards for the heaters and blue ones for the freezers or wot?

Cat-Chans
10-16-2006, 04:21 PM
Meh, I was just going to pick up some notecards and write
"Freezer" and "Heater"
on them

Arei
10-16-2006, 04:48 PM
lol ok

well i made a flyer, the just need to be printed up...if i need to take the black off tell me and i will

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/6918/flbtflyerwh3.jpg