PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Gathering & Photoshoot

Pharaoh Atem
10-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Haha, this was awesome at AnimeFEST, huge turn out. xD I'm sure at Oni-Con we can do even better.

So ANY Video game characters, I mean -- obviously we're going to be maxed out on Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy, but lets show the world we can't get any more HD Resolution than real life.

Okay, lame jokes aside -- Planning on Saturday at a time that is convenient for most. Post what costume you plan on bringing, and if you have any other photo shoots going on Saturday so that we can find a good time to have this.

Saturday IS best because most everyone will be at full speed that day. And preferably not too late in the afternoon because of the Cosplay Contest.

Also, even if you aren't going in a Video Game costume and just wanna' take pictures, post so we can get some buzz going. ^^;

I'm taking Steamboat Willie Sora I think, just to get the ball rolling.

(Also doing a mirror post on Oni-Con.Com. xD Just so we don't miss anyone)

Arei
10-01-2006, 03:12 PM
ill have a female cid highwind from ff7 so ill join in..but im not quite sure when the photoshoot for bleach is..i think 2pm was said

tahiti
10-01-2006, 06:27 PM
I know I'd like to make this one as Donald. My sister went as Goofy, but I missed it because I had a CCS gathering to go to as the Flower Card.
Definetely Saturday, tho.

Anna
10-01-2006, 06:35 PM
I'll come since I'll still have Fairy Yuna on. I missed the A-FEST one due to the CCS gathering as well. XD

LiL KRN YUNA
10-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Oo the one at A-fest was great! I'd definetly love to be there with my KH2 Kairi again but I need a time first since I have the Bleach and Kingdom hearts photoshoot to go to also~

Pharaoh Atem
10-01-2006, 07:59 PM
It looks like Bleach is at 2 o'clock, Naruto is early in the day, and Kingdom Hearts is at 2. Might want to do the Video game shoot at about 3 O'clock.

If that sounds good, or another time might be better, say something. :o

Hee-Hee
10-01-2006, 08:05 PM
I'll have Mugetsu for the shoot!

I think my sister will have FFX-2 Rikku.

yamibakura03
10-01-2006, 08:58 PM
if this is a video game theme. then im going as pit from SSBB along with a mario. dont have anything plan on saturday except a photoshoot at 10am. so im free in the afternoon

Kissmedeadly24
10-01-2006, 09:22 PM
All of my costumes for Oni-con will be Videogame cosplayers. It's between KH2, Soul Calibur 2, or FF7: AC. No matter what though, I'll show up.

SchizoIori
10-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Yay for having another of these. I do think that our one at A-fest was quite successful. I shall have Steena from chrono cross on saturday. Yay for branching from the norm.

tahiti
10-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Wait, I thought the consensus for the KH shoot was at noon.

Lady Saea
10-01-2006, 11:03 PM
3 oclock wont be too good for me. I'll be at the Bleach shoot and then I'll be changing into Kuja for the Masquerade. So if it was 4ish, I could make it possibly. We'll see. :D Either way I'm sure you all will have fun!

Danzikumaru
10-01-2006, 11:48 PM

Whatever time is decided, Luc and Yuber will be more than willing to distrubute a little chaos at the shoot.

Pharaoh Atem
10-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Awesome. xD Drumming up the beat ~

Well, it looks like that middle of the day slot is getting complicated.

We could move it from projected 3 O'clock to like 4 O'clock, but then it gets really close to the Masquerade, where people (myself included) would be changing out of Video Game costumes into whatever they need for the Cosplay Contest and such.

If 3 o'clock is too weird, we could always try for something earlier; like 11 O'clock, just because that puts a lot of people in video game stuff anyway (Pre Kingdom Hearts shoot).

So yeah ~ What's sounding better right now? :o Keeping it around 3-ish (since Bleach shoot, which IS popular is at 2) maybe even 3:30 ~ After other shoots, but reasonably before cosplay contest.

Or moving it to 11 AM or something (now you have to wake up earlier. > >; But you have a reason to!) to make it convenient for the pretty decent sized Kindom Hearts shoot; and convenient for people going to that.

SchizoIori
10-02-2006, 10:12 AM
That does make things difficult. I'm doing EGL stuff in the morning on saturday so if it's then I wouldn't be able to make it, but my masquerade costume is a video game one. I guess you could see if there a lot of people interested in this going to masquearade and what they are wearing.

Lady Saea
10-02-2006, 11:13 AM
I vote for 3:30. Bleach shouldnt take that long, so it gives any of them time to change into a VG costume. And its not too close to Masquerade (which has lineup from 5 til 5:30).

tahiti
10-02-2006, 11:19 AM
3:30 sounds good ^^!

Kissmedeadly24
10-02-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm liking 3:30, it seems like a decent time for all of this madness. Do we have a location yet?

Hee-Hee
10-02-2006, 02:24 PM
That's cool with me too. I can just run to change clothes and makeup right afterwards.^_^

SchizoIori
10-02-2006, 03:27 PM
3:30 sounds good to a bunch of the people interested and it is at a good time in the day so it does give people time to change for masquerade. I hope this is going to be a success.

LiL KRN YUNA
10-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Actually, for me 11 would be better. I can be in my Kairi costume in the morning for video and kh photoshoot, then change into hinamori for the rest of the day x3 But it really wont matter with me what time as long as it'll be a time I can make it to =D

Pharaoh Atem
10-02-2006, 07:13 PM
3:30 sounds good to a bunch of the people interested and it is at a good time in the day so it does give people time to change for masquerade. I hope this is going to be a success.

Yeah, it looks like 3:30 probably is the best time. T_T; I'm sorry for those that can't make it.

Since I did drum this up, I'm kinda' responsible for official statements.

As it stands, I believe the Video Game Gathering & Photoshoot will occur at 3:30 PM on Saturday

Browsing through hotel/convention center photos to pick out a spot.

loserific
10-02-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm excited for this shoot!! ^__^ I'v been posting around that my friends are going as Roxas and Sora so they are going to to the KH shoot at whatever time set(?) so this should help us out. I'll be in my Yuna Songstress costume as well. We also all have to change for the contest so I like this idea. ^___^ I can't to get some awesome photos with everyone! ^_^

Pharaoh Atem
10-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Anyhow, thinking of the Skybridge, that's the perfect place to gather together for the Video Game shoot. By mid-Saturday, everyone will know how to get there easily; and it is widely in the open. So yeah ~ Skybridge 3:30 SAT, go - go - go!

Specifically the Convention Center end.

Wuffers
10-11-2006, 05:26 PM
I'll be able to make it for a little bit, but the 'rents are gonna end up pulling me away for my godmother's birthday party *rolls eyes* More than likely will be Demyx for it...

Calin Solen
10-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Is the Video Game Photoshoot gonna be at 3:30 or the KH one? Cause I'm still trying to put the KH gathering, music, dancing, small skits and whatnot for videos together after the KH photoshoot.

Wuffers
10-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Video Game. KH is at 12, like planned. They're having the Videogame one so late because of the funness that will be held at/after the KH photoshoot.

SchizoIori
10-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Yea for video game photoshoot. Can't wait. It looks like I might actually have steena done. I was really worried I wouldn't. ( Actually I still am a little but hopefully everything will go as planned.)

Hee-Hee
10-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Even if I don't have Mugetsu for the con (and eeeeee~! I hope I do), I'll have Paine. So she can just do that FF and Video Game shoot. S'all breezy either way! ^_^

Calin Solen
10-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Video Game. KH is at 12, like planned. They're having the Videogame one so late because of the funness that will be held at/after the KH photoshoot.

*nods* alright, was just making sure

EverEvolvingGrl
10-11-2006, 10:40 PM
I will check with a person and see if I'm able to join. Hopefully I'll be bringing some Darkstalkers B.B. Hood craziness to dilute all the KH/FF nutiness :P

loserific
10-11-2006, 11:18 PM
I will check with a person and see if I'm able to join. Hopefully I'll be bringing some Darkstalkers B.B. Hood craziness to dilute all the KH/FF nutiness :P

B.B. Hood?? ^____^ I must get a picture of you. Yes, we need more Darkstalker love at the gathering. ^^ *Is so not making Sora and Roxas for friends..and Yuna* XD

SchizoIori
10-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Hey Steena isn't KH/FF. Chrono Cross representation!

Hee-Hee
10-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Hey Steena isn't KH/FF. Chrono Cross representation!

That's why you rule! ^_^

Syphon
10-12-2006, 04:35 PM
I'm Xigbar all weekend, so I'll be there.

FE Freak
10-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah, count me in for that.I doubt anyone will recognize me anyway,but its good to feel included.:toothy: Oh and Im going to be Guy,if you want to see what I'll be wearing, its in my gallery.

SchizoIori
10-14-2006, 02:09 PM
A sankyuu! I am so determined to have steena done for this. My wig is halfway styled now.

HackerEd
10-14-2006, 11:42 PM
95% sure I can bring Olette, adding to the KH group^^ And if I'm lucky my boyfriend is doing Hayner. Just need a Pence!

Hee-Hee
10-15-2006, 12:12 AM
Mugetsu's gonna make it to this shoot-- hurray!

Pharaoh Atem
10-15-2006, 07:32 PM
xD Haha, this is so awesome. I'm glad so many different video game characters will be present. Yeah, I'm a little giddy.

Sue me.

Anyhow, we should expect some other people. I was told that the shoot might actually be tagged onto the programming guide, so that'll be neat.

Make sure that people you know with cameras tag along. Occassionally, you'll have a gathering and no photographer ~ And while it seems like common sense, it also can be a common and unfortunate mishap.

Look forward to seeing you all there ~ .

SchizoIori
10-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Really looking forward to this one. I can't wait. I was wearing my steena wig in giddiness the other night.

Kissmedeadly24
10-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Hey guys I'm happy to say that we're going to have a VERY rarely cosplayed videogame character joining us. My good friend Lena will be at the shoot as Viewtiful Sylvia from the Viewtiful Joe videogames. I finally convinced her to come along to the shoot.

easytayler36o
10-17-2006, 05:30 PM
ill be roxas and my friens is axel

kawaiikittychan
10-17-2006, 06:21 PM
has anyone decided on a location yet? o-o

and also my friend is a semi-photographer with a fancy-shmancy camera so ill be bringing her along ^^

FE Freak
10-17-2006, 07:56 PM
It's in the Gatherings and Photoshoot thread.

Pharaoh Atem
10-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah, we're meeting up at the SkyBridge On Saturday @ 3:30, and then when we're organized moving off from there. It is listed in the gathering thread.

Don't worry, from practice at other conventions, those of us who participated already know this method works wonders.

SchizoIori
10-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Just like A-fest, which went pretty well. ^_^