PDA

View Full Version : *Ahem*

Kakashi101
10-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Good people. We only 362 DAYS until this wonderful event. Who's Happy? ;)

FilthyWarumono
10-02-2006, 06:02 PM
HAPPY YES READY NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KibaFang
10-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Ditto!

Diedie
10-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Ohgeez, that is so right! *spazzes to the max*

I am skipping school standardize testing for this con! *dies*

Does any else have to take that stupid Terra Nova test? (I'm not sure if it is called the same in other states though O-o )

But you know...I can hopefully make it up, because I'm sure other people will be absent.
And...A con is so much better than a test. XD;
I win, and so does Erica because she is doing it to. XD!!

*dances-as I cannot wait* But I kinda I have to wait...ne?

Curucar
10-02-2006, 11:47 PM
Skipping my midderm in Music Theory for this! I've got a 'concert that I have to play in midafternoon friday' *cough* AKA Symphonic Anime Orchestra rehersal. Ah I love being a music major. XDD Though the teacher hasn't started writing that test yet- 'oh, you can take it monday if I don't have it done early!' the teacher exclaims. Yeaaaah.
Also skipping school thurs afternoon just so I don't run around like a headless chicken fri morn. ¬¬

Screw school! Con!

Kakashi101
10-03-2006, 12:05 AM
Gah, my Yuna twin and I are debating to go to school Friday or not....

JL_Toshee
10-03-2006, 02:50 AM
My biochem prof is really strict so I have to take our midterm on Friday from 11-12, but I will be leaving from my friend's house in Lakewood at 1 to help another friend set up her table in the alley ^_^ very excited!

FilthyWarumono
10-03-2006, 01:11 PM
LMAO Skrew skoo aye? XD

I remember when me and my friends would bring our costumes to schooland finish them/put them on during the last hours of Friday and go stright to the con. XD

D-holla-J
10-03-2006, 01:42 PM
I JUST FINISHED both my costumes.

It feels so good to be mostly ready.

Now I just need to work on my music for the orchestra, which isnot as ready. -__-;

JL_Toshee
10-03-2006, 03:15 PM
LMAO Skrew skoo aye? XD

hrm, I'd rather not. Don't know where it has been XP.

Unfortunately, profs are strict and this one in particular. No make-ups unless you have a VALID reason (and documentation) and the midterm is worth about.....20% of my grade. I actually do enjoy this class, though.

maneki_neko
10-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Wow, glad I don't start college until spring semester... There will be no ditching for me (although I totally would XD).

Anyone else at the point of freaking out?

I AM!

So much do, and almost no time left, AHHHHH!!!

I am working on 3 costumes, plus 2 others for my friends, and I have do to hair for all three of us at the con!

I'm running out of time!!!!!

Eurobeat King
10-03-2006, 04:27 PM
I have yet to start packing.. :thumbsup: I need to finish posting the pictures from AWA, and 1-2 photoshoots before I can worry about NDK. But I'll be ready by Thursday.

I'm arriving Thursday night after midnight, so if anyone's up (not necc. in costume) during that time, come say hi to me as I arrive. :) I probably will just get my room and go to sleep, but will wake-up around 7am or so.

Good luck to everyone finishing up!

Diedie
10-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Yes, good luck everyone with getting last minute things done! *uses some of that luck myself* x-x!!

I like how everyone is skipping school, except for a few. XP
Man, I'd hate to have a teacher that allows NO make-ups. x-x;; But at least you enjoy the class? ^^! XD;

JL_Toshee
10-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Man, I'd hate to have a teacher that allows NO make-ups. x-x;; But at least you enjoy the class? ^^! XD;

well, that is really the policy for almost all of the classes here at CU. And missing an exam is not good on the grade and I am already spending a butt-load of money for school, so no good to miss

I am going home tonight so I can grab a few things. I am leaving directly from my friend's house so will have no time to make the trip on Friday....OMG EXCITED

Totchikun
10-03-2006, 06:15 PM
A big group of my friends and I are just going to the hotel on thursday! So no school for me...~sighs~ but there is still so much to do T__T.

JL_Toshee
10-03-2006, 06:16 PM
A big group of my friends and I are just going to the hotel on thursday! So no school for me...~sighs~ but there is still so much to do T__T.

man, I wish I could do that. A bunch of my friends are doing the same, and I have to miss the party!

Lady Neese
10-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Freaking out no, stressing out yes. I've got tons to do and no time to really do it. Plus this is my first time doing most of the stuff I'm doing at this con and I really want everything to go smooth and be wonderful! At least I don't have to go to school I'm graduated! ^.^
*Does the happy no school dance!*

So yeah I may be there Thursday night to get some stuff but if not I’ll definitely be there Friday morning.

yng_tr
10-03-2006, 08:13 PM
I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

ATTENTION YAOI OR ENZAI FANS!!!! I will be going as Guildias on Saturday and if you want a pic takin w/ me dressin up as him, try to find me as I will bring my cane, My vest will be dark brown, and my coat and cravat will be black. But my wig is the exact same style and color and I will wear glasses so it will be kinda easy to find me. CANT WAIT TO SEE YA'LL THERE!!!

Hyura
10-03-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm really nervous and excited! I'll be checking into the hotel on Thursday and I'll be alone for the most part (my sister will probably be hanging out with me), but yes, I'm hoping to make some friends in the artist row. I'll probably be giving out freebie art too! Especially if anyone who's cosplaying bishounen would be willing to let me photograph them in some kissy yaoi-ish poses. *laugh*

Oh, and I'll be cosplaying Raito from Death Note and Toshiya from Dir en Grey. I won't be able to do my other two costumes though.</3

Link_Harkanian
10-03-2006, 10:20 PM
*almost has all his costumes ready* Stupid cats, staining my body suit for Link with their...uh, hi. ^^;;;;

Still trying to rig up a band to hold the harness for the sword in place, but other than that, everythings almost ready. Just gott'a sew on the sleeves for my new coat, install the old one as the lining, and get the Flamel cross made and stitched onto the back. WHOOHOO!

Totchikun
10-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Hyura...we should SO meet up on thursday then! I am gonna cosplay tohsiya too! We can be cool and like hang out or something!!????

Dread
10-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Well, I have no idea what school is lol since I never go. But I'm not gonna be able to cosplay this year...So I'll just wear my usual, which I guess is unusual lol.

I'm freaking out since my boss isn't paying me!!! I NEED THE MONEY!!! For NDK that is... I can't wait but at the same time I wish it would be a little longer just so I can get ready. I didn't even know I was going untill a couple weeks ago. *anurism*

z3bra
10-04-2006, 12:13 AM
I hope everyone enjoys themselves this weekend. I'm looking forward to the exhibits and games as well as meeting some people. (Just experimenting with the 'edit' feature here)

Ditto
10-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Quite excited, but not ready at ALL. I'm not going to lie, there's props I am still painting..... which could be BAD. I guess I will have to work nonstop these next few days, AND go to school. I don't plan to go on school on friday so I can get ready in the morning and be all ready to go. I'll see all you guys on friday! I should be there around noon to check in and get settled into the room organization wise.

Dread
10-04-2006, 01:43 AM
well, I hope to meet alot of people to. I already know I'll be at the game tornaments mostly. I hope I don't miss the ones I want to sign up for.

I mainly hope I don't get in trouble. this is my first con, and when I get excited I get in trouble...

sakurachan61123
10-04-2006, 02:30 AM
I've ditched school twice this week "sick" to finish up little details and SCREW SCHOOL ON FRIDAY!

D-holla-J
10-04-2006, 03:10 AM
Heh, I'm skipping classes on Friday too....but my large animal comparative anatomy professor was kind enough to let me take our weekly quiz on Thursday, even though I flat out told her the school wouldn't excuse my absence for something like this. I love her to death. :toothy:

Two days! I'm so excited, I can barely sit still!

Hyura
10-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Hyura...we should SO meet up on thursday then! I am gonna cosplay tohsiya too! We can be cool and like hang out or something!!????
That would be awesome! xD I'm so nervous because I don't have any friends to hang out with. Maybe you can help me with my cosplay? The only problem I'm really having is with the makeup. I have absolutely NO idea how to make my lips look... j-rocker-ish. Or how to even apply this stuff properly. But then again, I'm just doing the bunny-Toshiya, and I don't even know if he wore makeup with that costume. Which one are you doing?

Oh, and I'm not exactly sure when I'll be arriving on Thursday. I'll have to ask my dad how early he can get off of work. *nod*

JL_Toshee
10-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Oh, and I'll be cosplaying Raito from Death Note and Toshiya from Dir en Grey. I won't be able to do my other two costumes though.</3

oh whee! I am also cosplaying Toshiya XD We HAVE to meet up for piccies ^_^

Eurobeat King
10-04-2006, 02:47 PM
I've ditched school twice this week "sick" to finish up little details and SCREW SCHOOL ON FRIDAY!

Woo-hoo! So then I'll see you in the afternoon and definitely you'll make it for the DOA gathering! :)

Kakashi101
10-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Hey Hyura- one of my roommates is going as a Shinigami...so hope she gets to see you!

GAHHHHH!!! Two of my costumes are not done, and the third one, the commsioner ditched me. She can go get hit by a bus for all I care...

Angelika
10-04-2006, 08:12 PM
I am so excited! My fiancee might even be there with me. Sadly I am not pack or ready. We are styling my 60 in (5 feet) Wig tonight. Lets hope all goes well.

maneki_neko
10-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........

That's how I feel right now!!! So much left to do, painting shoes (god I'm glad acrylic dries fast, altering 3 costumes, sewing on snaps on like 4 costumes, messing with my friends hair to see how it will be styled.

I think I'll be insane by Friday morning...

Anyone else getting close to the edge of insanity?

Totchikun
10-04-2006, 10:34 PM
That would be awesome! xD I'm so nervous because I don't have any friends to hang out with. Maybe you can help me with my cosplay? The only problem I'm really having is with the makeup. I have absolutely NO idea how to make my lips look... j-rocker-ish. Or how to even apply this stuff properly. But then again, I'm just doing the bunny-Toshiya, and I don't even know if he wore makeup with that costume. Which one are you doing?

Oh, and I'm not exactly sure when I'll be arriving on Thursday. I'll have to ask my dad how early he can get off of work. *nod*

Well I'll be there somtime that evening? I have a lot to sew so I will probably be in my room for a bit. But I am doing Myaku XD, ovre cosplayed but I love it alot!!! And I can definantly help! I have a swarm of Jrock knowledgable friends (make-up wise at least.)

Hyura
10-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Kakashi: That sounds awesome! I hope I get to see her. I want to take a picture with her.

Totchikun: Turns out my dad will have the day off tomorrow so he'll take me there during the day. We'll probably arrive around noon or 1. I definatly won't be wandering around tomorrow (I'll be staying in my room), but if you give me a time and a place I'd love to come and hang out as you said.

EDIT: I'm leaving now. Oh well. x.x; Feel free to stop by the artist's row and say hi~

Curucar
10-04-2006, 11:54 PM
*looks around* So I'm one of the chosen ones who's completely done? I ran around town today getting new shoes for Hakkai because the ones that I originally bought gave me back problems, but that's about all the last-minute stuff I had to do. :-x

And here I am, I got my theory teacher to let me take the test tomorrow at 8 AM. x_x 8 AM is still better than post-con. *but I'm staying up late to watch the end of the Avs game* Ehehehe.

FilthyWarumono
10-05-2006, 02:33 AM
I'LL BE UP AT MIDNIGHT PRACTICING THURSDAY!!! XD;;;; (Or finishing costumes in the hotel room... <<;)

Tenkage-chan
10-05-2006, 10:32 AM
I'll be around on Thursday! (Today- hee!) And my costumes are all done, too. Yaaaay! I've only gotta touch-up one of my props. Well, that, and pack...

lilacwire
10-05-2006, 11:25 AM
I finished all my stuff for the new costumes last night and just have one or two fixes for older costumes to do tonight. I can't believe my new ones are done. This totally beats the all-nighter before AX. @.@

Eurobeat King
10-05-2006, 01:07 PM
I finished all my stuff for the new costumes last night and just have one or two fixes for older costumes to do tonight. I can't believe my new ones are done. This totally beats the all-nighter before AX. @.@

Did you finish your c4 Ayane for the DOA gathering? :angel:

I've been waiting to see that and it'd be nice to get pics of it as this will prolly be the last time I see you in 2006. *sniff* Also, is Emily going to NDK?

maneki_neko
10-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Ahhhhhh... I just called the hotel and we probably won't be able to check into our room until 3... wtf! considering that we are planning on getting there early to get situated.

I guess we're just getting there early to look around now... I'm gonna get lost.

Rommie_Chan557
10-05-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm skipping my Theatre Appriciation and Biology 113 class tomorrow. I lucked out and midterms landed a week after the con. Unfortunately, I'm doing a bunch of costumes for friends, and I still have to finish some of them tonight!! >_<

narutomoto
10-05-2006, 05:57 PM
GAHHHHHHHH! Less than 24 more hours 'til this really starts! Gotta get so much shtuff wrapped up!!! x_X

RamyaKitty
10-05-2006, 06:02 PM
... Well... I just have to do some minor fixes on a couple of my older costumes and add the elastic to my Pandora skirt tonight after I get back from work... I was definitely stressed up until now... But I can't wait for a good (relaxing?) weekend. :)

yng_tr
10-05-2006, 07:43 PM
IM SOOOO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!! Im getting up @ 5 in the morning, put on my costume and makeup and run straight to the car w/o any breakfast cuz im too excited to eat.

*****LAST REMINDER: If anyone is a yaoi or an enzai fan and like to take pics with one of the cosplayers who is dressing up as one of the characters, come find me as Im going as Guildias while wearing a dark brown vest, black coat and cravat, and the short blonde/ plaitnumish wig. HOPE TO SEE YA THERE!!! ^_^ *****

IchiHaneTenshi
10-06-2006, 05:16 AM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

:D I CANT WAIT ONLY A FEW MORE HOURS! I'll be getting there around 5pm though 'cause my friend has work. :/ BUT BE LOOKING FOR A AMANO AERIS :D!!!!

Delvish
10-06-2006, 06:45 AM
I won't be getting there till 3, but I'm spending this night finishing up everything. Kinda tired... :sleep:

maneki_neko
10-06-2006, 06:51 AM
AND costumes are done!!!

It's 5, and I'm delirious, but they are done, leaving for Denver in about an hour, sleeping on the drive...

See everyone there!!!

Cosplay_Kitten
10-06-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm very excited about the convention I'll be there tomorrow in my butterfly chii costume! But yet I have a lot of to finish on it! I'll be working on it all day since I have no school today! But I'll see ya there!

JL_Toshee
10-06-2006, 12:07 PM
test then off to Denver!