PDA

View Full Version : RolePlaying

AudioFox
10-03-2006, 04:28 PM
last years oni we had a ff styled role play battle *with any charecters around*lets try doing it again or cosplay chess or something?:rockon:

Lady Saea
10-03-2006, 04:37 PM
MetroCon did a cosplay battle chess or so I heard. Sounds like a lot of fun as long as you have enough cosplayers for it.

P.S. If its not hinted at enough, I'm interested. :D

Asmaria
10-03-2006, 04:50 PM
I play-fought and ocasionally acted in character with some cosplayers at Animefest. It was awesome. Anyone who wants to hang out and do the same I'm cool with at Oni-con! ^_^

Pharaoh Atem
10-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Oh my god! COSPLAY CHESS! PLEASE. T_T

yamibakura03
10-03-2006, 08:19 PM
last years oni we had a ff styled role play battle *with any charecters around*lets try doing it again or cosplay chess or something?:rockon:

that was fun because i was watchign random people fighting each other.
XD. we should do that again.

Scortia
10-03-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm in since I'll have Axel for a short period of the con... the other costumes really won't work so well for any of those ideas. :P

yamibakura03
10-03-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm in since I'll have Axel for a short period of the con... the other costumes really won't work so well for any of those ideas. :P

actually is really funny to see other chracters of anime join in. lolz.

Hee-Hee
10-03-2006, 10:33 PM
O_o Chess? That sounds awesome--buuuut.. How does that work? XP

Syphon
10-04-2006, 12:53 AM
Xigbar totally wants to be a part of this. He really does. I'm just the messenger.

lol, I'm into LARP, roleplaying, etc. I'd love to, if we do.

Lady Saea
10-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Battle chess: You have a cosplayer for each chess piece. The King of each side makes the decisions on moves. Players move like chess pieces still. Apparently the chess pieces can sometimes make their own decisions depending on their character and disposition. But when battles happen between chess pieces, its actually role-played.

This is just going off what I've heard about it. I've never played but it sounds like a lot of fun!

Hee-Hee
10-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Oooh, yeah it does!

^_^ I'm in if someone decides to put it together!

Lucifer
10-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Battle chess: You have a cosplayer for each chess piece. The King of each side makes the decisions on moves. Players move like chess pieces still. Apparently the chess pieces can sometimes make their own decisions depending on their character and disposition. But when battles happen between chess pieces, its actually role-played.

This is just going off what I've heard about it. I've never played but it sounds like a lot of fun!

Basically, that's what it is. However, there is a catch.

Most anime chess matches (i.e. Metrocon's), are completely scripted/choreographed and staged. Much like the ones you'd see at renn faire. Those also have live steel and are set on a stage for the audience to watch. They tend to have story lines (however small they may be).

Anime Boston did a different style, where people signed on to be specific chess pieces (any character), and two audience members would literally play chess, with each piece taking out another via two given moves (attack or super attack). Keep in mind, that was a real game of chess...aka long. Little to no dialogue, unless made up on the spot by the chosen pieces.

Honestly, a free lance chess match would be a bad idea. Not only for how complicated it'd be to set up (especially at this short a notice) but dangerous as well. We don't need people getting their skulls bashed in by an over zeolous Sora cosplayer's keyblade.

ZakuKitty
10-04-2006, 12:55 PM
XD Cosplay chess as Yukishiro Enishi would be most amusing...or Kon from Bleach for that matter. >> Depending on if this gets started I may join in.

Lady Saea
10-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Maybe Cosplay Checkers would be easier and quicker. XD

Hee-Hee
10-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Oi, can't you just see someone saying, "jump Queen" and then we all witness something VERY wrong! XD

Asmaria
10-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Lol, checkers would be MUCH easier. I have no freakin idea how to play chess.

Hee-Hee
10-04-2006, 05:31 PM
^^; Has anyone deemed themself in charge of this idea? 'cause if so, I'd like to know when and where-- It sounds like a blast (as long as someone mentions -beforehand- not to get carried away with jumping a pawn or attacking and hurt someone. XD)!

Dark Ninja Kira
10-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Sweet! That so sounds like so much fun! But yeah, the time and place?

Kurisuti-n1689
10-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Lol, checkers would be MUCH easier. I have no freakin idea how to play chess. I forgot how to play checkers (I think) and I don't know how to play chess LOL