PDA

View Full Version : Cosplayers wanted

zansatsu
10-06-2006, 04:26 AM
ok so i live in washington and i have been cosplaying for about a year. So far i only know 1 other cosplayer who live in my area. I would love to meet fellow cosplayers in washington, but i dont know where to look. I went to sakura con this year and was amazed at number of cosplayers and i was wondering where the hell they all came from!! WHERE are you!?!? Stop hiding! *digs*

Panda-chan
10-06-2006, 01:35 PM
I am over on the desert side of the state. I live in Moses Lake which is, if you are driving down I-90 from Seattle to Spokane, pretty much in the middle of Washington. My hometown has about 16,000 residents and is pretty much filled with cowboys and farmers. So cosplay is really nowhere in this town! :bigcry:

My hubby (Novapup here on the site) and I would love to meet up with fellow cosplayers. We consider Sakura-con our local convention since it's the closest at 3+ hours away.

We definitely have to have a Cosplay.com meet and greet at SC. Kumoricon's didn't work out so well so I hope SC will!

Buttons
10-06-2006, 02:42 PM
I'm a cosplya! I'm in Bellevue.

You know, and there USED to be meets for like...the SakuraCon message board that alot of cosplayers went to, and the lolitas have teaparties in Portland from time to time, and I know that Aleeza (anglcon.com) has photoshoots from time to time, but yeah. No like...just "Hey, you cosplay, let's hang" kind of deal.

bishiekeeper
10-06-2006, 06:04 PM
I live right next door to Seattle. an hour away.

Trumby
10-06-2006, 07:08 PM
I live down in Portland.

Some of the people on the myspace kumoricon group are organizing a hang out thing at the Lloyd Center for the 21st (good for any of you that are in Portland!) so I'd suggest just doing stuff like that.

Hit up the Sakura-con boards and see how many people would be interested in just meeting up and hanging out.

zansatsu
10-06-2006, 07:24 PM
good idea. thanks

UviB
10-06-2006, 07:50 PM
my current hideout is down here in Nebraska, but if you can't find any cosplayers in Washington even with Sakura con, I'm doomed!

art
10-07-2006, 12:14 AM
I always wanted to go to sakuracon. I've seen pictures, and the location looks really nice.

blackfruitbat
10-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Hey! I’m in Seattle (just moved here). I'll be going to Sakuracon for the first time this year, and I'm all for hanging out with other cosplayers outside of cons too. ^^

narutofan195
10-07-2006, 10:17 PM
I am a cosplayer!!! this sakura con '07 will be my 2nd convention. i am in the kirkland-bellevue area......i think ^_^U. last year i was edward elric and my friends were the ones that thought op the ed and envy battle at 3 pm on saturday! it was totally cooll! this year my friends and i woll be going as KH2 characters, im going as axel! (woot He shall live on!!)

bishiekeeper
10-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Last year was a blast. :D

Yaoi Fairy
10-08-2006, 07:48 PM
ok so i live in washington and i have been cosplaying for about a year. So far i only know 1 other cosplayer who live in my area. I would love to meet fellow cosplayers in washington, but i dont know where to look. I went to sakura con this year and was amazed at number of cosplayers and i was wondering where the hell they all came from!! WHERE are you!?!? Stop hiding! *digs*
AWWW! I live in Seattle area and I went to Sakura con as the Yaoi Fairy of course! I saw you there and took pictures! wewt! But I moved to NYC to go to school, but I will still go to Sakura con! yay! ugh... I had to make a new account because I wasn't allowed to post anything on the forums for some reasons so I have no piccies or information at the moment....

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Last year was a blast. :D

That it was.

And I'm in Lynnwood, but in Seattle quite often, though not as much since I'm out of school.

zansatsu
10-09-2006, 04:35 AM
hmm, i might accually be hosting a mini-con type of thing, there will be cosplay, AMV, and skit contests with prizes supplied by suncoast and anime vendors (im an assistant manager and suncoast) there will be free stuff and we might be able to get unreleased demo's of movies and series to be shown on the stage. Its going to be held at bellsquare (i know that mall sucks, i cant do anything about it -_-;) on OCT 29th. all are welcome, id like to meet you guys. and hey, think about it, this is how sakura con started.

EvilAuthor
10-09-2006, 09:23 AM
hmm, i might accually be hosting a mini-con type of thing, there will be cosplay, AMV, and skit contests with prizes supplied by suncoast and anime vendors (im an assistant manager and suncoast) there will be free stuff and we might be able to get unreleased demo's of movies and series to be shown on the stage. Its going to be held at bellsquare (i know that mall sucks, i cant do anything about it -_-;) on OCT 29th. all are welcome, id like to meet you guys. and hey, think about it, this is how sakura con started.
If not for the convention I'm going to in Novemember, I'd buy plane tickets so I could go. I hope everyone has fun though.

Panda-chan
10-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Oh man, I'll be in the area a day late! I'm flying back into Sea-Tac from New York on the 30th. I hope everyone has lots of fun! Please be sure to take lots of pictures!

UviB
10-09-2006, 10:48 PM
I am a cosplayer!!! this sakura con '07 will be my 2nd convention. i am in the kirkland-bellevue area......i think ^_^U. last year i was edward elric and my friends were the ones that thought op the ed and envy battle at 3 pm on saturday! it was totally cooll! this year my friends and i woll be going as KH2 characters, im going as axel! (woot He shall live on!!)

I remember you! You ran up to me when I was dressed as Fanta!Envy and told me about the battle... I would have gone, but the gods of the con decreed that 3pm was 'lock down' for the cosplayers in the masqurade :blubber:

But! I am going as either Valor Sora or Namine (odd choices, but it depends on finding the right fabric to re-do my Sora cosplay >>;;) maybe a ORGXIII vs everyone else battle? :3

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-10-2006, 02:21 AM
That may be a little hard for me to get to as bus is my only transportation and I haven't been into Bellevue the city proper in a decade not counting going through freeway.

Usachan
10-10-2006, 01:54 PM
I will do my best to be out there by next year, things are looking grim
in the ways I want to go with somebody. But I'll do my very best and
if so, it would be nice to have a Sakura Con cosplay.com gathering. ^^

kitti-chan
10-10-2006, 08:21 PM
I live down in Portland.

Some of the people on the myspace kumoricon group are organizing a hang out thing at the Lloyd Center for the 21st (good for any of you that are in Portland!) so I'd suggest just doing stuff like that.

Hit up the Sakura-con boards and see how many people would be interested in just meeting up and hanging out.

lol that would be me...

Usachan
10-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Hey!! I got a picture of you from last year as Card Captor Sakura! you
were so awesome. By any chance are you going to be going to Sakura
Con alone or need someone? Sorry for keeping bringing this up every
so often here but I really really desperately want to go with someone
and not by myself. If interested would you either reply here or PM me.

kitti-chan
10-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Im going with my boyfriend actually..... good luck on finding someone.. although i wouldnt mind hanging out with people.. i like having friends lol

Usachan
10-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Thanks...well, if you should ever need a 3rd person for sharing a hotel,
let me know. I would not mind being in a room with 2 or 3 other people
and I'd definitely would pay for half the stay as well in a hotel with people.

zansatsu
10-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Im going with my boyfriend actually..... good luck on finding someone.. although i wouldnt mind hanging out with people.. i like having friends lol

hey! my girlfriend got a picture of you! oh and yes friends are quite swanky~!

RoyxEd4Ever
10-12-2006, 03:05 PM
I live in the Bay Area of Cali, right next to Oakland (it's this little island in the SF bay called Alameda). Some people don't know this city actually exists.

Sasutard
10-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Currently I'm in Vancouver Washington, but normally I live on Whidbey Island, a ferry ride across from Seattle. I took pictures of you last con xD I'm too introverted in large public events to have asked you about your cosplays, because they were... so... pretty <3 But being on the front pages right now proves that xD

Chinese Ai
10-12-2006, 11:54 PM
Looks like I'm the only one in Kent so far. I've been to SakuraCon for 2 years already and this year it would be my 3rd. Cosplayed both times (maybe seen me?) Last year, I was a female Sasuke (yeah, that narrows it down) hanging around another girl Sasuke in black as younger version.

I saw you last year. Great costume! ^__^

This year, I'll be going as Gothic Lolita. Hope to see some of you guys this year.

zansatsu
10-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Currently I'm in Vancouver Washington, but normally I live on Whidbey Island, a ferry ride across from Seattle. I took pictures of you last con xD I'm too introverted in large public events to have asked you about your cosplays, because they were... so... pretty <3 But being on the front pages right now proves that xD

haha thank you. well my costumes will be ten folds better than last year, and thats not even an exageration.

ToEtAcTiC
10-15-2006, 04:49 PM
i live in north idaho right on the border, but i work at the spokane valley michaels so im in washington quite a bit. every couple of months me and my friends go to seattle to meet up with friends who live there.ill pm you next time we go an see if we can hang out!

AznTranquility
10-23-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm going to my first anime convention this year!

Used to live in Seattle but I moved about 20-30 min away...Somewhere around Edmonds, Mill Creek, or Lynnwood.

Sakura con sounds nice..hope the people are cool...I attended one session at my school's anime club and the people were rather....eccentric...? weird?

I've never cosplayed before but I've made my first costume. No scratch that, I sewed for the first time last night haha. I wanna do something complicated but I guess I'll need lots of time n money.

Hope to see you there.

bishiekeeper
10-23-2006, 11:43 PM
:D Lol, well anime cons tends to attract weird people. Lol. It sure grabbed my attention.

samurai_jack
10-25-2006, 07:25 AM
Dang, the 29th, I'm pretty busy that day and so are many of my cosplay buddies. *thinks* What time exactly will this little event be happening?

zansatsu
10-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Dang, the 29th, I'm pretty busy that day and so are many of my cosplay buddies. *thinks* What time exactly will this little event be happening?

pretty much all day, id say around noon to 9:30

AznTranquility
10-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Bellsquare, is that the Bellevue square mall?
And what do you mean it sucks? I LOVE THAT MALL! It's better than mine (Alderwood)

So it's this Sunday from 12-9pm for sure? And where in that mall?

I checked the bellsquare website...and this event isn't on the events list..I just wanted to make sure this is really happening or you were just thinking about it?

Hitokiri Kenshin
10-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Can't make it to Bellevue so I'll just be at Alderwood that day.

AznTranquility
10-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Can't make it to Bellevue so I'll just be at Alderwood that day.

There's one at alderwood?

zansatsu
10-26-2006, 04:03 PM
its a small event only in the suncoast stores, some malls are going to used the center square of the malls but the bellsquare store doesnt have to staff to have it in the center. i think costumes would be fine since its so close to halloween.

AznTranquility
10-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Ah there IS one at Alderwood...which is closer XD
I just gave a call n they said it was all day with ppl dressed up...gee I think this small event would be good in preparing me for sakura con. Dunno, my friends arent' going cuz they said something about anime people being "weird" or "creepY" which I think may be stereotypical...Anyhow never know, until you try out neh?

Yukiko-Shiranui
10-26-2006, 10:19 PM
I live over near Spokane.. well okay.. over in Coeur D'Alene ID.. but.. its close to Spokane.. been in spokane for 13 years!

narutofan195
10-29-2006, 11:26 PM
.....0.0 darn i am missing the event..T_T i remembered it as october 31....darn....how was it??? i am done w/ my axel costume by the way^_^
plz tell me how it was, @ suncoast.....T_T wish i remembered correctly....::wallowing in corner of sorrow::

Heat
11-05-2006, 04:35 AM
How did I miss this gem of a thread, Cosplayer's in WA? I'm up North in Shoreline, Sakura 07 will be second time there and third Con ^_^...I'm terribly excited :)

Chocolatecovrd
11-10-2006, 05:52 AM
i live in downtown seattle!

:)

kitti-chan
11-11-2006, 08:04 PM
hey! my girlfriend got a picture of you! oh and yes friends are quite swanky~!
really? awesome lol i cant wait for sakuracon this year.. look for me! lol if you can find me! ll be cosplaying characters from magna Carta and suikoden tactics....

zansatsu
11-12-2006, 05:14 AM
really? awesome lol i cant wait for sakuracon this year.. look for me! lol if you can find me! ll be cosplaying characters from magna Carta and suikoden tactics....

oh i will, Ill be AC cloud, DOC Vincent, Anbu Sasuke, Ishida and maybe Maxi if i have time >.> Find me!

you where in the craft room and i came in looking for super glue, you where sitting when she took your picture. I was a Vincent with a Gunner Yuna.

kitti-chan
11-12-2006, 03:22 PM
oh i will, Ill be AC cloud, DOC Vincent, Anbu Sasuke, Ishida and maybe Maxi if i have time >.> Find me!

you where in the craft room and i came in looking for super glue, you where sitting when she took your picture. I was a Vincent with a Gunner Yuna.
I thinkI remeber I seem to kind of remeber getting my pic taken in there.....

Usachan
11-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Wh00t! I am not worried about finding a cosplayer group to go with me,
I can't wait for April to be here. I am going as Chii, (same costume) as
the one in my photo album, feel free to say hi and take my picture hehe.

Heat
11-14-2006, 01:35 AM
One thing I learned at Sakura-Con is always bring a camera...I won't forget it this year! :)

RinniBoBinni
11-14-2006, 03:24 AM
I live in Gold River on Vancouver Island, B.C. I took a great journey to Portland, Oregon for Kumoricon 2006, my first convention! It was awesome! And Sakura-Con sounds so much bigger, I can't wait!

I'll be running a couple dolly-making workshops, running a plushie/comission handing out table, and have no idea for costumes to wear. XD

I'd love to meet up with anyone of you and share a coffee or something! I love meeting new people, making new friends!

Ne, Usachan, if you'd like, I'll go with you. =] I'm not sure where you live, but what I did to get down to Kumoricon was drive down Vancouver Island to Nanaimo and took a ferry to Vancouver. I stayed over at my sister's apartment in Coquitlam and in the morning took a bus to Seattle by Amtrak, and then took a train to Vancouver, WA.

I can do that whole trip in a day, getting to Seattle. I mainly stayed overnight twice at my sister's because I wanted to hang out - I rarely see her. Anyways, if you want, I'll travel with you on the bus, depending where you are in B.C. Or, I could find you at the convention if we decide on a meeting place and time. ^^ I love Chii, she's so cute. Even if it doesn't work out, if I see you, I'll definately chat and take your picture. Maybe even a hug if you let me! I'm a very huggy person!

Let's all share a pizza! And those that are allergic to whatever that may be on pizza, a variety of pizzas! Leftovers to hungry con-goers! Aww yeah!

Vincent Valentine rocks! I can't wait to plushie-fy him! <3333

Hitokiri Kenshin
11-14-2006, 01:15 PM
One thing I learned at Sakura-Con is always bring a camera...I won't forget it this year! :)

I had two, though one was mostly used. Then I went and bought a third from Bartell's.

Usachan
11-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Wh00t! It's looking like I have someone who is going to go with me, but
it will depend on her's and my financial situations. However Sakuracon
is such a great con and I'd hate to miss it, I'll be cosplaying as Chii like
the costume in my pictures. So stop by and say hi if you catch me around.

Usachan
11-14-2006, 09:58 PM
I live in Gold River on Vancouver Island, B.C. I took a great journey to Portland, Oregon for Kumoricon 2006, my first convention! It was awesome! And Sakura-Con sounds so much bigger, I can't wait!

I'll be running a couple dolly-making workshops, running a plushie/comission handing out table, and have no idea for costumes to wear. XD

I'd love to meet up with anyone of you and share a coffee or something! I love meeting new people, making new friends!

Ne, Usachan, if you'd like, I'll go with you. =] I'm not sure where you live, but what I did to get down to Kumoricon was drive down Vancouver Island to Nanaimo and took a ferry to Vancouver. I stayed over at my sister's apartment in Coquitlam and in the morning took a bus to Seattle by Amtrak, and then took a train to Vancouver, WA.

I can do that whole trip in a day, getting to Seattle. I mainly stayed overnight twice at my sister's because I wanted to hang out - I rarely see her. Anyways, if you want, I'll travel with you on the bus, depending where you are in B.C. Or, I could find you at the convention if we decide on a meeting place and time. ^^ I love Chii, she's so cute. Even if it doesn't work out, if I see you, I'll definately chat and take your picture. Maybe even a hug if you let me! I'm a very huggy person!

Let's all share a pizza! And those that are allergic to whatever that may be on pizza, a variety of pizzas! Leftovers to hungry con-goers! Aww yeah!

Vincent Valentine rocks! I can't wait to plushie-fy him! <3333

I live in Surrey and I plan to take a ferry out to Victoria, to meet up with
some peeps. I would definitely like to talk to you more. Just in case plans
don't work out. Please PM me when you can and we can talk about this as
I do like to have a backup. I like your idea's and I would love to hear more
and tell you some of mine. Anyways, hope to talk to you soon. PS: I do
like hugs. I'm a huggy person! a few kisses doesn't hurt either, hehe. :bigtu:

Hitokiri Kenshin
11-16-2006, 02:29 AM
Wh00t! It's looking like I have someone who is going to go with me, but
it will depend on her's and my financial situations. However Sakuracon
is such a great con and I'd hate to miss it, I'll be cosplaying as Chii like
the costume in my pictures. So stop by and say hi if you catch me around.

Well, if you see a tall dark-skinned guy dressed as Kenshin, Barret or Ebisu asking you for a hug, you'll have a good idea of who it is.

RinniBoBinni
11-16-2006, 02:39 AM
^^ You'll be asking for hugs? Greatness! Can I hug you too?

Uwaaahhhhh, this is a memorable moment! Tell you what! I'll carry a Papou fruit in my pocket every day of the con and give it you when I see you, Hitokiri-San!

My name is Victoria!

Usachan
11-16-2006, 11:04 PM
I feel so nervous about going to Sakura Con next year, I still need to get
my butt moving and pre-reg. Is there any newbies attending next year??
If so, I have some advice on a good hotel to stay, food that's actually
cheaper, and a few other odds and ends. I just can't wait for April hehe

Antiquity
11-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Wow... I JUST noticed this thread. There seriously needs to be more cosplayers in Seattle area because I live in downtown and I love cosplay but none of my other friends (who live close by) do. Seriously, I wish I had more cosplaying friends in Seattle T_T

zansatsu
11-17-2006, 03:47 AM
Wow... I JUST noticed this thread. There seriously needs to be more cosplayers in Seattle area because I live in downtown and I love cosplay but none of my other friends (who live close by) do. Seriously, I wish I had more cosplaying friends in Seattle T_T

wow, your such a good cosplayer! how the hell did i not know you lived in washington?! how come we arent buddies? xb I live in bellevue but im always out in seattle.

Hitokiri Kenshin
11-17-2006, 09:01 AM
wow, your such a good cosplayer! how the hell did i not know you lived in washington?! how come we arent buddies? xb I live in bellevue but im always out in seattle.

Similar as I live in Lynnwood but am in Seattle a lot. Don't go downtown as much as I used to, but I still do.

bishiekeeper
11-17-2006, 11:08 PM
Lakewood but I go to seattle all the time. :D

AnimeLotRluvr92
11-21-2006, 09:23 PM
WOOT! I'll be lookin for AC characters!!! WARNING! I will be glomping people!!!

I'm going to be cosplaying Nina Tucker (from FullMetal Alchemist) with my friend who's going to be Elysia Hughes (also from FMA)!!!

RED DAWN, RANGERS!

Usachan
11-22-2006, 01:26 AM
*cries* I don't think I'll be able to come out to Sakura Con after all. :bigcry:
I really want to, but I can't seem to get enough money and I haven't
even pre-reg or booked a hotel. Plus I can't go without my lucky pals.

RinniBoBinni
11-22-2006, 02:06 AM
Oh dear >.< *Huggles and hands you a tissue* Don't cry!

The $45 Pre-Reg is until February some point, I bet you can get it in before then! As for a hotel, oiee, I can't help you there, I'm sorry -_- I'm rooming with a Riku I met at Kumoricon, and 2 other Kumoricon goers from this past September.

Lucky pals? Are they not coming? O____o

Usachan
11-22-2006, 11:47 AM
Since 05, I have a bunch of pals of mine that come with me to here,
but one of them can't make it because she may have to work for that
day. It's alright if you can't help me Run...I didn't give enough notice
nor post this sooner. I know that my group and I are like the musketeers
and we do almost everything together. But oh well we might try for a
convention in Edmonton in August, I'll get to be in a new cosplay by than.

AnimeLotRluvr92
11-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Since I'm going with a friend, would you like to join us? I'm not sure how you'd feel about going one day with a couple crazed Risembool Rangers, but we'd love to hang out

Usachan
11-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Since I'm going with a friend, would you like to join us? I'm not sure how you'd feel about going one day with a couple crazed Risembool Rangers, but we'd love to hang out

That would be awesome!! :bigtu: I love Vic Mignonga...he's like my fave
voice actor next to Scott Mcneil. But I would need a place to stay and
I don't think I could handle only one day, I want to be there for 3 days
but thank you for your offer. I guess you'll have to give Vic my XO. *sigh*

Usachan
11-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Well...never fear or forget that there is always someone watching out
for you, it seems now I might 'have' a chance to go after all. It's still
not entirely certain, but it's a mission in the process. I'll keep this as
a thread to be open and informed about changes of coming or not going.

Chinese Ai
11-22-2006, 11:48 PM
I'll be going to SC again this year. My sister will be coming as well and will probably be tagging with =P I love to meet new people though ^^ Didn't meet much people last year =/

RinniBoBinni
11-23-2006, 03:33 PM
I'll meet you, Chinese-Ai! ^^ I'll be the mascot Pikachu or Totoro!

Are you staying in a hotel nearby, perchance? Maybe we could have a crazy pool party!

Hoy, Usa-Chan, I need to contact the two others I mentioned may be able to stay with us, the two I mentioned to my Riku. If one of them can't make it, I'll try my best to see if we can squeeze you in in the vacant spot. I'm not sure how long the room will be reserved for, but Riku would like each person to chip in for the fee. ^^

I'll keep you updated too! <3 *hugs*

Sasutard
11-23-2006, 10:26 PM
I met Chinese-Ai last con x3 We still need to set up a time to meet this year. But yuuush, I need to meet new people :/ Even though I'm going with a friend, it'd still be wonderful to hang out with others.

Bah, getting into a hotel is going to be the woooorst complication for this con </3 Last year it was costumes, this year it's expenses. Cosplaying is such a pricy hobby, le sigh. And so addicting... D: It's like animated cocaine or something T_T

bishiekeeper
11-23-2006, 10:59 PM
I agree.

Hitokiri Kenshin
11-23-2006, 11:17 PM
I could probably just stay with a relative and catch the bus to con, but not sure yet. To my knowledge haven't really met anyone on here at con and don't know if I met Sasutard, and didn't talk to many Sasukes so probably didn't meet Chinese Ai.

Usachan
11-23-2006, 11:58 PM
I'll meet you, Chinese-Ai! ^^ I'll be the mascot Pikachu or Totoro!

Are you staying in a hotel nearby, perchance? Maybe we could have a crazy pool party!

Hoy, Usa-Chan, I need to contact the two others I mentioned may be able to stay with us, the two I mentioned to my Riku. If one of them can't make it, I'll try my best to see if we can squeeze you in in the vacant spot. I'm not sure how long the room will be reserved for, but Riku would like each person to chip in for the fee. ^^

I'll keep you updated too! <3 *hugs*

Alright Rin, that's very appreciated. And of course I'll pay for my share
of a hotel fee, just let me know either way. In return, would it be any
possibilty for you to help me pre-reg? I have to do that and I have to
be quick about it, I realize. But up till now I just know I need to do it
soon and I know that it will happen soon, thanks again regardless it all. :)

Lukas Sanvien
11-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Auburn, WA cosplayer here, looking for assistance for this year's con at any cost, short of selling my body or body parts. Also definitely looking for other J-rock cosplayers to hook up with for a couple weeks around con time down in Seattle, possibly for photoshoots in Pike Place Market, the Waterfront Arcade, and the Convention Center Park. Drop me a line!

PacificPyro
12-05-2006, 12:52 PM
DUDE!!! i need to check the cos.com forums more often.. i dindt know this exsisted either!! XD woo hoo more Seattle ppl!! and looks like there's some Candian viewers here!! wonder if any went to Anime Evolution??
psssttt Dante!!! hope u got that msg i sent u!!

Hitokiri Kenshin
12-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Hey I remember you. Wasn't at Anime Evolution but was at photoshoot with you in July.

zansatsu
12-05-2006, 06:34 PM
DUDE!!! i need to check the cos.com forums more often.. i dindt know this exsisted either!! XD woo hoo more Seattle ppl!! and looks like there's some Candian viewers here!! wonder if any went to Anime Evolution??

oh i thought you ment AX not AE, how far away is it?? this might work out even better than AX, is it closer?

Panda-chan
12-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Anime Evolution is in Vancouver, BC

PacificPyro
12-06-2006, 02:05 AM
oh i thought you ment AX not AE, how far away is it?? this might work out even better than AX, is it closer?

AE just passed yoohz.. i tink u sed u were at some East Coast con at that time... or Komri con?? AE was one or two weeks before KomruiKon... (didnt go to that)
but yea.. AE is like.. 2-3 hours drive up north XD planning to go to it again enxt year!! XD

EvilAuthor
12-06-2006, 02:15 AM
What's this about east coast cons? I'm east coast.

Usachan
12-06-2006, 04:05 PM

I was at Anime Evolution! I practically live in British Columbia and have
been attending that con since 2004. I remember seeing you a few times
but I never said hello. I was more meeting voice actors and buying things at
the dealer's room at the time. I hope Anime Evolution will be better next year.

zansatsu
12-08-2006, 09:06 PM
AE just passed yoohz.. i tink u sed u were at some East Coast con at that time... or Komri con?? AE was one or two weeks before KomruiKon... (didnt go to that)
but yea.. AE is like.. 2-3 hours drive up north XD planning to go to it again enxt year!! XD

well vincent is comming with you. only 2-3 hour drive man im THERE!!! is that where you got all those FF7 crazyness pictures? oh and hey we can kick it with tali when we get there, but we have SC to plan for that.

PacificPyro
12-10-2006, 10:14 PM
AE is in Canada.. AX is in Cali....

Usachan
12-11-2006, 09:32 PM
PacificPyro are you planning on returning back to AE? I might...but I am
also interested in checking out other options such as AnimeThon in Edmonton.

PacificPyro
12-12-2006, 01:05 AM
PacificPyro are you planning on returning back to AE? I might...but I am
also interested in checking out other options such as AnimeThon in Edmonton.

I HAVE to come back... lol... gotta defend teh title and such.. hope u read my thanks and explanation in the AE forum on their website... its somewhere there.. lol but yea.. for now.. AE will be the only canadian con i plan to go to.. there's taht one in Victoria.. but im already gonna go there for a family thing and i cant afford to spend too much within 2 months going back and forth to victoria...

but yea.. who'd u go as??

@ Zans... yea, imma be looking into thrift stores and stuff asap when im done with finals... there's LOTTA good stuff to buy thsi time of year ^_^ and SOME of my FF pics were from there... most of my FF pics were from AX, AE, and a photoshoot we had at UW campus during the summer... i missed one at gasworks whcih is PERFECT for a midgar slums feel... ^_^ we shud do ashoot there sometime specifally ff7 with out outfits ^_^

Usachan
12-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Ah! Kei Kon...I've wanted to check that one out since I have a friend and
her husband these adoreble caps: http://www.geocities.com/kawaiicaps/

I might go back to AE...we'll have to see if I can get myself out of a
fiances pinch, as I have a lot of money going to be spent this Christmas
and having comissioners making me a few costumes and also maybe or
maybe not going to Sakura COn this year. If I do go, I plan to go as
Super Sailor Moon. I haven't been on the AE forum in sooo long since
I last complained about how the yaoi walkoff was poorly done and run.

PacificPyro
12-12-2006, 05:10 PM
IT WASNT A YAOI WALK OFF!!! ... well.. at least not when i took part... the 1st day did have some of that stuff.. but the next ones didnt have it crazy

Usachan
12-12-2006, 06:22 PM
True....some of it wasn't too bad, but I wasn't very impressed with alot
of the things, it was just untasteful and very inappropiate for outdoors.

I rather hope that AE provides better discretion. I am sorry if I have
offended you, I just think it was very disgusting and better indoors.

koibito813
12-27-2006, 09:23 PM
yeah. last year was my first convention at sakura con. :D i didn't cosplay but in 07 i will be cosplaying as a character from Kingdom Hearts II along with friends. ;P that's the advantage to living about 15 minutes away from seattle! hey, hope to see you there! X3

Usachan
12-29-2006, 11:41 AM
I'll be there. I'll be going as Super Sailor Moon. Can't wait to see other people.

bishiekeeper
12-30-2006, 02:19 AM
:D Ouran group in drag.

Raezyn101
12-30-2006, 04:08 AM
:D Ouran group in drag.

Is it just me...or does that happen a lot? Not cosplay-wise...but their outragous outfits in the manga/anime. Heh.

You're going to cosplay that, though? If so..I soooo need to find you and take millions of pictures. @.@

Usachan
12-30-2006, 05:20 PM
So apparently Pre-Reg won't be a problem BEFORE I go to the convention,
but when it comes to hotel that seems to be a problem all of it's own. Has
anyone booked their hotel yet? When is a good time to book a hotel...soon?

I'm serious, I'm stressed and I want to be sure my friend and I can afford
one, I've visited SakuraCon's website many times. What's next? *Sighs* HELP!

AznTranquility
12-30-2006, 11:19 PM
XD I haven't booked mine yet either O.o
I believe the sooner the better...

On the website if you use the hotel links apparently they're cheaper.

bishiekeeper
12-31-2006, 01:29 AM
Keep your ryrs out for a honey in (mock ) darg and a twinless twin in (mock) drag. and I will surly take pictures of ya too...I less three demon Dairy.

Usachan
01-01-2007, 12:08 AM
Thanks AznTranquility! I have visited SakuraCon's website many times
and I might do a hotel or I have a second optinon available to me now.

Trumby
01-03-2007, 04:21 PM
I booked my hotel when they were first announce, months and months ago. Doesn't hurt to have it in advance, not like you pay anything until checkout.

Usachan
01-03-2007, 05:22 PM
That's true, It's kinda sad though that out of all the hotels listed on
SakuraCon's website...The Roosevelt was not mentioned, I stayed at
it last year and it wasn't very expensive and the people running it were nice.

EvilAuthor
01-03-2007, 11:19 PM
I didn't book, but I'll be rooming with Trumby so I've had my hotel ever since he said I could stay with him.

Omega Corn
01-05-2007, 12:44 AM
Whoa I just saw this topic (the page took 2 months to load) :geek:

Zansatsu, I remember seeing you at Sakura 06 - and at Otakon too actually! I think I was on my way to the bathroom (outside of the game room door) and I saw you doing a photoshoot in like an alley walkway ramp. Yeah....pretty random memory. But cool that I saw you there and you're from here.

I'm a recent college grad living in Redmond. I started cosplaying 3 years ago, but I'm not hardcore at all. I only have 1 costume (though I'm planning on getting back into it this year with 2 more). I mainly go to cons to play fighting games.

But yeah, knowing some people into the same things in the area is a good idea. Kudos for bringing it up.

zansatsu
01-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Whoa I just saw this topic (the page took 2 months to load) :geek:

Zansatsu, I remember seeing you at Sakura 06 - and at Otakon too actually! I think I was on my way to the bathroom (outside of the game room door) and I saw you doing a photoshoot in like an alley walkway ramp. Yeah....pretty random memory. But cool that I saw you there and you're from here.

I'm a recent college grad living in Redmond. I started cosplaying 3 years ago, but I'm not hardcore at all. I only have 1 costume (though I'm planning on getting back into it this year with 2 more). I mainly go to cons to play fighting games.

But yeah, knowing some people into the same things in the area is a good idea. Kudos for bringing it up.

true true, wow you went to baltimore for fighting games? thats an expensive trip. otakon was way too hot for my northwest blood, i was dieing in my vincent costume. You could tell it was just trew on, wow i looked like shit and not to mention the fact that i looked like i was going to pass out from heat stroke XD

Kumi-chan
01-09-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm a Lynnwood/Edmonds area cosplayer, and this year, a fifth-time Sakura Con attendee. (Lookin' forward to it!) Also majorly involved in my school's anime club, and to a lesser extent, the one at the UW.

I recognize quite a few people on here...I know I've taken a few of your photos before. I've run into a few of you at the Alderwood mall or the photo shoot at the UW this summer. I was Kiki and Merle at SC '06, and Lum, Kagome, and Shampoo at Anime Evolution '06.

This year I've got quite a few cosplays planned. The biggest ones would probably be my two Sakura (Tsubasa) outfits...I'm organizing the Tsubasa/Holic/CLAMP shoot that'll likely take place Saturday of the con. I'm also participating in Magic Knight Rayearth and FMA groups with my friends in my college anime club. I'll be glad to see all of you at the con!

Rhapsodey
01-10-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm in the Tukwila area, but I go downtown alot. Meeting other cosplayers then just my friends would be AMAZING. And when I get a costume done, you'll know. I wear them downtown when I go to Gameworks or just to show them off.

Like I said, though, I'd love to meet cosplayers just for fun or to really work on costumes. =3

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-10-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm in the Tukwila area, but I go downtown alot. Meeting other cosplayers then just my friends would be AMAZING. And when I get a costume done, you'll know. I wear them downtown when I go to Gameworks or just to show them off.

Like I said, though, I'd love to meet cosplayers just for fun or to really work on costumes. =3

Don't go downtown as much as I used to, but may be possible we've passed each other.

Also will soon start on my Ebisu costume.

Kagami-chan
01-10-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm on Vashon Island, 15 minutes away by boat.

Omega Corn
01-10-2007, 10:11 PM
I'll keep an eye out for all of you at Sakura-con. :bigtu: As long as nothing blows up in the coming months, I'll be the Devil Jin.

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-10-2007, 10:52 PM
I'll be sure to look out for people more this year. Last year I saw a few guys, but either didn't know them from here yet, or didn't recognize them.

BoredHorror
01-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Central Oregon area

and I just booked my room today! sooo yeah, I'm very excited ^_^

Usachan
01-11-2007, 12:12 PM
3 months to go and every day I get more and moe exicted about SakuraCon!

Wh00t! Vic Mignonga is gonna be there and he is *so* gonna get glomped. ^_^

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-11-2007, 02:08 PM
3 months to go and every day I get more and moe exicted about SakuraCon!

Wh00t! Vic Mignonga is gonna be there and he is *so* gonna get glomped. ^_^

I'm gonna be the only one in that line with a Broly movie dvd to get signed.

Usachan
01-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Holy cow! That's crazy, for me I plan to give Vic a gift, the last time I saw
him was in August and he hasn't answered my emails for a month, of course
being at conventions probably keeps him busy. Wow...Have you had a chance
to play Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 2? It has Broly in it and it's awesome!!!!

EvilAuthor
01-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Holy cow! That's crazy, for me I plan to give Vic a gift, the last time I saw
him was in August and he hasn't answered my emails for a month, of course
being at conventions probably keeps him busy. Wow...Have you had a chance
to play Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 2? It has Broly in it and it's awesome!!!!
Just don't give him food. Voice actors will not eat any food you make for them. They will love you if you bring them sealed cans, they will love you if you take them to a vending machine and hand them food the moment it drops, but if they don't see the whole process, they won't eat it. The guy who does the voice of Chrono on Chrono Crusade awas at a con once and someone was like "I baked this for you!" And he was all "Yay!" and he ate it and then everyone was all "Oh no!" because the fan had drugged the snack food. Now no one trusts homebaked goods from fans

Raezyn101
01-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Oh my Jasper! That's horrible! I love Greg Ayres(Voice actor of Chrono) and can't beleive anyone would do that to him! That's...the worst..Beyond horrible.
Especially *voice* actor..Meaning someone could be done t sabotage their food. Gah. Evil people!
I'm booking tonight! It is waaaay too far away.
I can't wait to see Vic again, though. The first time was at a really small con..so we had a lot of time to chat. He's so nice. Way beyond nice. Well..the nicest guy I've ever met~

I really need to get working on my cosplay, though. I've been at a stop for the past month..and with my procrastination...Bleh. I'll have to work on it this Monday and Sunday.....and any other day I can get to work on it.

Usachan
01-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Thanks EvilAuthor! actually what I had in mind was a Chinese Good Luck
charm, as I've found out the last few days that Vic's favortie color's are
Blue and Black, I will try to find him one that has both colors or at least one.

And Raeyn101 he's not just nice, he's uber-sweet! He's a lot like the voice
actor Scott Mcneil, whom I have met twice. Should I ask Vic how old he is?

This is a question for anyone who also wants to answer. I've had this idea
to ask him during the autograph panel, but I don't know if I should. Anyone?

Kumi-chan
01-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Can't wait to meet Vic again myself...he's such a sweet guy!

I was originally going to do Sheska for my FMA group, but due to money issues I won't be able to. So I was digging around in my fabric bins, and I discovered that I have everything I need to make a Movie!Al costume. Which was exciting enough all on its own...Alphonse is my favorite FMA character, and I was planning on doing him next year. But then it struck me last night: Vic's going to be there! Duh! So I'll get to meet him dressed as Al. *wants to call him 'brother'*
Something small and giggly inside me is doing a happy dance. :dance:

Lukas Sanvien
01-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Umm...

Heehee. Odd request.

Any Godchild cosplayers? Because I'm thinking of going as Cain C. Hargreaves, the Earl of Poison.

This is also a distress call for a room at the con. I can pay my share, so that's no problem. It's just FINDING one.

zansatsu
01-15-2007, 02:04 AM
I dont know about the special guests but im very interested in seeing all the cosplays this year. what time does the masquerade start and finish, that is rehearsals and all.

EvilAuthor
01-15-2007, 09:44 PM
I haven't met Vic, but if he's ANYTHING like the other voice actors I've met, I bet he's the awesome.
So far all of the voice actors I've met have been really friendly. Greg Ayres is really good with kids. I went to AUSA and there was a two year old Chrono Fan in the audience and Greg came out into the crowd three times at least to hug the kid.
As for cosplays, I hope to have Mini Skirt Riza Version 2.0 as well as my normal costumes

Usachan
01-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Does anybody plan on wearing or having a sign to advertise they are from
here? I think it would be a great way for other people to spot other people,
not to mention one to introduce, maybe take a picture, hang out or whatever.

EvilAuthor
01-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Does anybody plan on wearing or having a sign to advertise they are from
here? I think it would be a great way for other people to spot other people,
not to mention one to introduce, maybe take a picture, hang out or whatever.
Huh? Sure. I can do that. I've been meaning to make a sign that says "Hi I'm Evil" for a while...I'll just add "From Cosplay.com" on the back of the sign.

Usachan
01-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Good start Evil Author. =) Anybody else? We should have "OUR" own Cosplay
Com forum gattering, kinda like the one's I've seen Gaia Online have and etc.

EvilAuthor
01-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Good start Evil Author. =) Anybody else? We should have "OUR" own Cosplay
Com forum gattering, kinda like the one's I've seen Gaia Online have and etc.Gaia has meet ups at cons? Even when the admins aren't there? :eek: Wow.

Kagami-chan
01-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Gaia has meet ups at cons? Even when the admins aren't there? :eek: Wow.

Yeah, they do. It's kinda weird.

I'd wear a sign, but I'm carrying around a keyblade and I might have to carry the poupu, I might have it around my belt. But considering that the keyblade is only a foot and an inch shorter than me, I will most likely need two hands to carry it. I haven't checked the weight or anything yet, so maybe not. If not, I'll probably have "Kagami" on a piece of cardboard.

PinqFuu
01-17-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm from Seattle! I'm looking for sewing partners! Interested in helping others construct their own costumes while I work on mine as well. Just looking for friends :3

I'll be at Sakura-con again this year, I was Fuu from Samurai Champloo last year, and Lust from FMA at Kumori Con last year.

If anyone would like to get together PM me :3

BoredHorror
01-17-2007, 10:46 PM
is anyone thinking of signing up for the cosplay chess competition?
...here's info if you didn't know about it: http://scmb.sakuracon.org/viewtopic.php?t=14189

girl156
01-22-2007, 05:26 PM
deleted for personal reasons

PrincessAnnie
02-03-2007, 03:16 PM
I totally went last year and just took random pictures of people XD Howeer, I live about an hour north of Seattle ; ;

Usachan
02-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Wow! lucky you PrincessAnnie! Hope to take some pictures of you this year.

What type of lolita will you be this year? Do you have any pictures of your
costume? or any pictures of yourself, so I can find you this year at the con.

the_z
02-11-2007, 05:40 PM
hey, i'm kind of new to cosplaying but i still like to and i live in the WA area i'm over in mount vernon a few hores from sattale

DJCheezy
02-12-2007, 07:20 AM
Anyone near Snohomish ?

the_z
02-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Anyone near Snohomish ?

kind of i'm in mount vernon that about a hour away

G-Virus
02-21-2007, 09:45 PM
I am a cosplayer from Federal Way and Renton, that region. SakuraCon, until I can get more money for travel, is pretty much the only con I can go to...T_T

mangaka_jiwon
03-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Anyone near Snohomish ?

i live in Mill Creek~ >0<

Ace_Knight21
04-03-2007, 03:31 AM
I'm not sure if this thread is still about finding cosplayers in specific areas, but I'll post under the assumption that it still is. ( I only read the first few pages...)

I too would like to meet more people that are into this hobby. Specifically in the Bellevue-ish area since I always seem pressed for time. I know that I've run into Zansatsu and PacificPyro at a couple local things here before so there's at least two of you in the area!

Side note to Zansatsu, what happened to you after Suncoast closed? Did you go to Wherehouse like everyone else?

zansatsu
04-03-2007, 01:22 PM
yup, I.hate.my.job.

I'm not sure if this thread is still about finding cosplayers in specific areas, but I'll post under the assumption that it still is. ( I only read the first few pages...)

I too would like to meet more people that are into this hobby. Specifically in the Bellevue-ish area since I always seem pressed for time. I know that I've run into Zansatsu and PacificPyro at a couple local things here before so there's at least two of you in the area!

Side note to Zansatsu, what happened to you after Suncoast closed? Did you go to Wherehouse like everyone else?

GirlyAnimeGirl
04-03-2007, 10:13 PM
I live in Post Falls, Idaho which is only 4 1/2 hours away. I'm going this year for my first time to see what it's like! I can't wait!

-Tidus

anbu ops
04-10-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm from snohomish county, just started cosplaying this year. If you want to know who I was at the con, check out my pics at myspace/neji71. I plan on coming back next year as the 4th hokage.

Lukas Sanvien
04-10-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm located in Auburn/Federal Way/Kent/Tukwila/Renton area. I'm looking for people to chill with, both in and outside of con, and possibly for costume construction get-togethers. PM's are greatly appreciated.

Acire
04-11-2007, 02:25 AM

:D

I think you found me on myspace though! ^_^
You're one of my favorite cosplayers - the quality of your costumes is not often seen, or matched.

Oh, and unfortunately, I can't join any of your cosplay making clubs because I moved from the Seattle area and am in Ellensburg going to college. :'( MAJOR sadness. I miss it there so much. But if any of you find yourself here visiting a friend or who knows, I'll be out here in podunk Washington XD

Threshie
04-11-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm from Wasthington, too! <3 But not the Seattle area; I had to drive and take the ferry to get there. ^^;

Kiyo
04-14-2007, 02:35 AM
I also live in seattle, Just moved here a few months back and would love to meet people to just cosplay around town or hang out.

Arissa-chan
04-23-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm in the Renton/Maple Valley area, soon to maybe be in the Redmond/Bellevue area...

kelsey uchiha
05-04-2007, 08:08 PM
actually i live over in seatac about a block away from the hotel that hosted sakuracon 2 years ago(i didnt get 2 go that year,cry)!!! and also the friday of sakuracon '07 was my 13th birthday, yeah!!!sorry, still a little immature!!

Voishen
05-24-2007, 06:26 PM
I live in Arlington Wa and ther isn't anyone who cosplays around me for at least half an hour, damnit we don't even have an anime club!

the_z
05-25-2007, 08:56 PM
I live in Arlington Wa and ther isn't anyone who cosplays around me for at least half an hour, damnit we don't even have an anime club!

accly i'm like 20 min from Arlington. i'm in Mt. vernon

Haruhi-tan
06-01-2007, 12:56 AM
lol, I remember being introduced to you by Skylee. I currently reside in Startup, but I'm moving to Bothell in a few weeks.

Kokoro no Odoru
06-14-2007, 02:53 AM
accly i'm like 20 min from Arlington. i'm in Mt. vernonI live on the edge of Mt. Vernon and Burlington XD

the_z
06-15-2007, 09:25 AM
I live on the edge of Mt. Vernon and Burlington XD

u dont live that far from me. :bigtu: :bigtu:
did u go to Sakura-Con

Kokoro no Odoru
06-15-2007, 05:47 PM
u dont live that far from me. :bigtu: :bigtu:
did u go to Sakura-Con

This year was my second Sakura Con.

twilight_muse
10-11-2007, 02:00 AM
whoo! washington cosplayers

i live in anacortes and i had totally not expected so many anime fans in my high school o.0

i dunno about any cosplayers though...other than me and my two friends i know of like 1 other cosplayer...and she is in one of my classes w00t...if only i had the courage (not to mention time) to geek out with her...*sigh*

Figle
10-15-2007, 10:40 PM
I live in olympia, hard to find cosplayers around here, would love to go to soem cosplay events thou!

KarinNyaa
10-15-2007, 10:43 PM
I live about 45 minutes from Seattle. In the Tacoma area; more specifically University Place. Not very well known. xD This year me and my dad are just gonna get a hotel and stay there for the whole weekend including friday. n_n

Figle
10-15-2007, 10:55 PM
I also run a anime club in olympia if anyone is interested in joining!

WingsofRinoa
10-20-2007, 09:14 PM
But I am now in downtown Seattle! Going to Sakura-Con 08 and so excited!

LadyAnissina
10-23-2007, 03:56 PM
I hope this is the proper thread for this. I can't remember if I've already introduced myself in this thread, but I'll do so again, just in case! I'm moving to the Tacoma area in late December and I'm hoping to meet lots of fabulous cosplayers on here before I move (then, maybe, I won't feel so lost). It'd be great to have some people to get together and share ideas, etc. Feel free to PM or AIM me.

DayDream
11-02-2007, 11:18 PM
I can't wait for sakura con '08. It'll be my second con! And I'm convinced that other Oregonian cosplayers are a myth (Portland cosplayers don't count- you guys are so far north, lol)

Dual Addict
11-23-2007, 01:16 AM
Well I will be there if everything fall into place as it seems to be doing. I live over toward Bend Oregon though -_-.
I may see you there though.
The anime club I am in, are planing on attending and cosplaying. So looking out for us XD

anaitaT
11-24-2007, 05:20 PM
I can't wait for sakura con '08. It'll be my second con! And I'm convinced that other Oregonian cosplayers are a myth (Portland cosplayers don't count- you guys are so far north, lol)

I live in Eugene. Well, for the next month and a half, then I'm moving up to the Seattle area. Well, Renton, to be exact :3

Minkao
11-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Uhm, well, I live in the Wenatchee-East Wenatchee area, which is about 2 1/2 - 3 hours away from Seattle, I think? o_o

Kochou
12-01-2007, 10:53 PM
I live in West Richland aka the Tri-Cities. Anyone else from there? D:

My boyfriend and I are planning on going to Sakura, but not sure as who. I'm most likely going to do Neliel Tu (Bleach) and/or Orihime (Bleach).. possibly Rinoa if I can talk him into being Squall..And if I lose like, 54897485 lbs. Lol. COUGH. ¬_¬

Anyway, yeah. I'm a noob around here and when it comes to cosplay, so some new friends would be nice. (I moved here from Texas a few months ago.) ^_^;

Chessboard
01-03-2011, 09:12 PM
I live in Bothell, never met anyone that knows anime here... = A =

ModernPrincess
01-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Some friends and I came up from Albuquerque, New Mexico. ^^;

BUT! I have now moved here! >: D

benzo936
01-07-2011, 12:36 AM
I've seen you there a few times actually. I live in the Tri cities, more specifically Pasco. Wa

Aleiki
01-07-2011, 07:12 PM
... Huh. I had no clue this thread was here. Looks like it's been somewhat resurrected. XD

I didn't see anyone in the thread from Bellingham... maybe I missed something? Anyway, we've got an anime club at my college and a few people interested in cosplay... but before college, the only people I knew who were interested in cosplay were my close friends. Like... three of them. XD

I'm so excited for Sakuracon this year... there are a bunch of friends I haven't seen in ages, and I didn't even think I was going to be able to go this year. Thanks to college. But! Thanks to the anime club, I -can- go! : D

Maneki_Neko14
01-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Spokane, here~
7 hour drive to Sakura con, but its a small price to pay for the only huge convention I go to... aside our hometown one that nobody knows about P:

There are lots and lots of cosplayers over here, though I know next to all of them XD
oh well! : D

Excited for this years Sakura Con~ last year's was a blast!

Yuuyamitaiyou
01-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Tacoma. So, excited for Sakura con this year.

Origin
01-09-2011, 04:12 AM
Gig Harbor (just outside of Tacoma, 45 minutes from Seattle =D). I'm convinced Tacoma-Peninsula area is the PERFECT spot for a cosplayer.
Akicon.
Kumoricon.
Anime Evolution.
Mewcon.
Sakuracon.
All within 3-4 hours of driving distance. Yes. Please. =D

Mucho excited for Sakuracon this year!!

Aleiki
01-10-2011, 01:33 AM
Gig Harbor (just outside of Tacoma, 45 minutes from Seattle =D). I'm convinced Tacoma-Peninsula area is the PERFECT spot for a cosplayer.
Akicon.
Kumoricon.
Anime Evolution.
Mewcon.
Sakuracon.

Mucho excited for Sakuracon this year!!

Never heard of Mewcon, but I'm planning on attending Anime Evolution this year and I've already been to all the other cons at least once--so I definitely agree. XD I'm like... an hour away from Gig Harbor, so I'm in a similar position.

Yuuyamitaiyou
01-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Never heard of Mewcon, but I'm planning on attending Anime Evolution this year and I've already been to all the other cons at least once--so I definitely agree. XD I'm like... an hour away from Gig Harbor, so I'm in a similar position. Mewcon was more New Years weekend in Portland.

Aleiki
01-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Mewcon was more New Years weekend in Portland.

Ohh... you know, that sounds familiar now. I think one of my friends went to it.

Origin
01-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Mewcon was supposed to be really good... But I didnt get to go, I sacrificed it for a good costume for SC.

Tabby-chan
01-11-2011, 02:24 AM
puyallup here XD

Yuuyamitaiyou
01-11-2011, 04:46 AM
puyallup here XD
Your close to me :D

Origin
01-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Your close to me :D

Me too =D

Yuuyamitaiyou
01-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Me too =D

W00t

Apsara
01-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Akicon.
Kumoricon.
Anime Evolution.
Mewcon.
Sakuracon.

Mucho excited for Sakuracon this year!!I live in Southpark, 5 minutes directly south of downtown Seattle. I had no idea all of those cons were in this area. O_O I've only gone to Sakuracon, Anime Evolution and Mewcon but that was back in 2005 and 06. Haven't gone to AE or Mew since.

Tabby-chan
01-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Me too =D

yay XD

Yuuyamitaiyou
01-13-2011, 02:15 AM
I live in Southpark, 5 minutes directly south of downtown Seattle. I had no idea all of those cons were in this area. O_O I've only gone to Sakuracon, Anime Evolution and Mewcon but that was back in 2005 and 06. Haven't gone to AE or Mew since.

Akicon is in bellvue normal in November this year it's in October I think kumori con is in Portland and normally in September

Origin
01-13-2011, 03:13 AM
Akicon is in bellvue normal in November this year it's in October I think kumori con is in Portland and normally in September

Kumocon is September (Labor Day Weekend I believe) but it's in Vancouver this year. Dunno why, but they've taken over two hotels for it >.<

LunaBell87
01-13-2011, 04:39 AM
Federal Way here~

I am totally excited for Sakura-Con!

ShyShy
01-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Federal Way here~

I am totally excited for Sakura-Con!
Hey you're not so far!
I live near Kent.

nessabutterfly
01-13-2011, 09:43 PM
I *might* be moving to Seattle in a month or two. My husband is interviewing with Amazon. I'm glad to know there are a few good cons in the area. I REALLY hope he gets the job. I actually grew up in Abbotsford BC (oppostie Sumas WA), and was devastated when he dragged me away to Florida. Ugh (though we are currently the only state in the country that has no snow-- yup, even Hawaii has snow!) Anyway, I'm glad to see that I won't be giving up on conventions completely if we move.

Hopefully I'll get to meet and hang out with you all in a few months!

Aleiki
01-13-2011, 10:55 PM
I *might* be moving to Seattle in a month or two. My husband is interviewing with Amazon. I'm glad to know there are a few good cons in the area. I REALLY hope he gets the job. I actually grew up in Abbotsford BC (oppostie Sumas WA), and was devastated when he dragged me away to Florida. Ugh (though we are currently the only state in the country that has no snow-- yup, even Hawaii has snow!) Anyway, I'm glad to see that I won't be giving up on conventions completely if we move.

Hopefully I'll get to meet and hang out with you all in a few months!

Best of luck on the job and the move! :> It would be awesome if you could come to some of the cons up here. You mentioned con withdrawl in the other thread you posted in... and MAN I know how much that sucks. XD

Yuuyamitaiyou
01-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Kumocon is September (Labor Day Weekend I believe) but it's in Vancouver this year. Dunno why, but they've taken over two hotels for it >.<

Oh shoot that's awesome Vancouver is better for me anways I have family there I can stay with lol

Origin
01-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Oh shoot that's awesome Vancouver is better for me anways I have family there I can stay with lol

Yeah my boyfriend is down there =D So woot! Good excuse to go!

Clyde_2.0
01-14-2011, 12:51 AM
...I used to live in Kent, but had an unfortunate three year excursion to Dallas, now I'm in Bellevue! Yay! :D

Yuuyamitaiyou
01-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Yeah my boyfriend is down there =D So woot! Good excuse to go!

Yay

g00dapple
01-16-2011, 01:59 AM
I'm in Seattle! Probably see you all at Sakura Con, so excited :D

nessabutterfly
01-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Well, my dream is going to come true-- we got an offer. Too bad it won't be in time for the Emerald City comic-con. Oh well, I'll definitely be at Sakura Con! Now to invest in Claritin! Can you imagine being ALLERGIC to those gorgeous cherry blossoms? Haven't had to deal with THAT in Florida...

EroSempai
01-29-2011, 01:01 AM
I live in cold and wet Puyallup. Home to a mosaic cow by a Jack in the Box. (I don't get it either). I'm not alone here in cosplay... but I do keep to myself.

Yuuyamitaiyou
01-29-2011, 04:40 AM
I live in cold and wet Puyallup. Home to a mosaic cow by a Jack in the Box. (I don't get it either). I'm not alone here in cosplay... but I do keep to myself.

That cow makes me laugh...

Origin
01-29-2011, 02:17 PM
@Nessa-
Thats so sad!!! My heart literally breaks for your allergy!!!

@Ero-
I want to hug that cow xD

EroSempai
02-08-2011, 07:05 PM
That cow makes me laugh...

Me too. So strange looking. Still awesome XD

EroSempai
02-08-2011, 07:06 PM
@Nessa-
Thats so sad!!! My heart literally breaks for your allergy!!!

@Ero-
I want to hug that cow xD

Lol! Cosplay as the cow and hug it XD

Not a bad idea.. just different.

Aleiki
02-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Hey, I've got a quick question... if in a couple months (I think after Sakuracon, this is just an idea right now) I organized a cosplay picnic in Bellingham, who all would be willing to go? I have a cosplayer friend that's moving up here soonish and I've recently met a few other cosplayers here, so I thought it would be neat... I just wanted to know if anyone would go before I started organizing it.

Just to give you a general idea, in case you don't know, Bellingham is about... oh, an hour, hour and a half, maybe, north of Seattle.

Origin
02-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Hey, I've got a quick question... if in a couple months (I think after Sakuracon, this is just an idea right now) I organized a cosplay picnic in Bellingham, who all would be willing to go? I have a cosplayer friend that's moving up here soonish and I've recently met a few other cosplayers here, so I thought it would be neat... I just wanted to know if anyone would go before I started organizing it.

Just to give you a general idea, in case you don't know, Bellingham is about... oh, an hour, hour and a half, maybe, north of Seattle.

I could most definately try! Bellingham might be a little out of my reach, but I can ask around, see if anyone I know (that actually drives xD) will come with me!

Aleiki
02-09-2011, 02:33 PM
I could most definately try! Bellingham might be a little out of my reach, but I can ask around, see if anyone I know (that actually drives xD) will come with me!

Awesome, good to know : > Like I said, this is just speculation so far, but it's good to know if anyone would consider it.

the_z
02-22-2011, 02:53 AM

i live mount vernon.i have family bellingham. i'm moving up there in a cuple mouths. i'm in.

kuroki-neko
02-22-2011, 05:08 PM
i live in auburn, i cosplay as roy mustang id be glad to hang with anyone who wants too

Aleiki
02-22-2011, 05:45 PM
i live mount vernon.i have family bellingham. i'm moving up there in a cuple mouths. i'm in.

Sweet! : > If a few more people are interested I'll probably start another thread asking what people would be interested in doing and all that. This would be so much fun to do.