PDA

View Full Version : .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet : Reki

Shigi
10-07-2006, 05:06 AM
I've searched through the web and was quite dismayed to find out there weren't any Reki cosplays for me to draw references from.

Just some questions on how to do the costume.

Around the sleeve area of Reki's costume is this metal-like band. It does not close and clasp around the wrist, instead just lining the edges of the sleeves.

Any ideas on materials for this?

I'm really stuck because putty's too heavy and once dried it will fall off and crack - and the acrylic I've been trying to use just won't curl up into a nice, circular shape.

Thank you~

Kuro Yue
10-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Metal-like band, ne?

I'm thinking along the lines of either getting a metallic fabric and putting a couple layers of interfacing in it, or making it out of Sculpey (possibly with a tinfoil/cardboard base so that it can be appropriately shaped).

Alternatively, you could make a papier mache bit and spray paint that, then hot glue it on to the rest of the shirt. I'm certain it wouldn't be as heavy as Sculpey.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Shigi
10-08-2006, 07:54 AM
Thank you!

I'll try the papier-mache idea - see how it will work out.

MadMichiChan
10-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Get a plastic band, cover it in foil, use your nail to smooth it out, and ta-da! The plastic will simply bend, just hot glue the ends together. Put the foil on after it's bent, of course. (Pssst, .hack//Legend isn't a game. ;D)