PDA

View Full Version : Avatar: The Last Airbender gathering

DivineSage
10-07-2006, 02:03 PM
So... the creators are guests at PMX this year, and I was wondering if anyone will have Avatar costumes. I'm working on a Kyoshi warrior costume, and I think it'd be cool to have a gathering.

Time/Date: Saturday at Noon

Chibi-kun
10-07-2006, 07:35 PM
someone would need to help me out since im going as Toph with actual blind lenses (same ones i use for hinata) XD but yes, ill be there blind as a bat lol.

Gowa-chan
10-07-2006, 10:27 PM
I knew I should have started this thread yesterday...
I'll be there in my Avatar Kyoshi costume! Can't wait to see your Warrior!

PS: here's a link to the Avatar cosplay community on LJ :3
http://community.livejournal.com/threadbending/

(oh, and its both creators, plus Sifu Kisu ---> http://community.livejournal.com/avatar_fans/1156915.html )

DivineSage
10-08-2006, 12:07 AM
(oh, and its both creators, plus Sifu Kisu ---> http://community.livejournal.com/avatar_fans/1156915.html )
Oh really? Hm, guess my source is outdated. Thanks!

Edit: According to the link you posted, the Avatar gathering is being planned for 11 on Saturday, yes? So... I guess we'll just go with that xD

Gowa-chan
10-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Oh really? Hm, guess my source is outdated. Thanks!

Edit: According to the link you posted, the Avatar gathering is being planned for 11 on Saturday, yes? So... I guess we'll just go with that xD

Thats what the he's putting for now. I was hoping it would be later, but we can't conflict with the Avatar panels!!
Now I should get down to my homework so I have time to finish fixing up Kyoshi... two bigs cons right after each other this summer weren't that kind to it >.>

shogun
10-24-2006, 03:46 AM
OK, talking to Nick, it sounds like the Avatar creators will be checking out the gathering too!

Mike

Gowa-chan
10-24-2006, 01:39 PM
OK, talking to Nick, it sounds like the Avatar creators will be checking out the gathering too!

Mike
Yay!

DivineSage
10-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Ah, that's awesome! Sadly, I actually won't be able to wear an Avatar costume, life got in the way and I couldn't finish it. But I'll definitelycome by and see you guys!

Gowa-chan
10-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Ah, that's awesome! Sadly, I actually won't be able to wear an Avatar costume, life got in the way and I couldn't finish it. But I'll definitelycome by and see you guys!
aww...

Gowa-chan
10-25-2006, 11:28 PM
It looks like the gathering is now at noon, according to the people organizing it...

DivineSage
10-25-2006, 11:58 PM
K. I'll put it in the first post.

Chibi-kun
10-26-2006, 01:35 AM
I dont keep up much with the thread or even look much into the LJ Community. Can someone fill me in as to exactly where and when the Avatar gathering will be? and I might need help navigating my way around the gathering since I'll be wearing blind lenses for Toph (abused from hinata cosplaying XD) and unfortunately, none of my friends will be cosplaying as an Avatar character with me this year X_xll so my apologies if you see a Toph that isnt paying attention. XD that would be me. lol.

Gowa-chan
10-26-2006, 10:42 AM
I'm quite proud of the new Avatar Day we are planning at PMX. This is in honor of the episode with the same name.

I really wanted to create a highly interactive day for fans. I didn't want the same old experience of listening to a person talk in a panel for an hour and leaving feeling that you got ripped off. I especially don't want to imitate the experience that most people have at comic conventions where you pay, get herded to panel, listen, pay for autograph, get herded out.

So basically, here it is:

Noon: All Avatar costumers meet. People who want pictures with Avatar costumers meet with them. The creators of Avatar will probably be wandering around admiring the costumes.

1PM: Panel: I know people need to ask if Aang and Kitara are going to hook up or whether Zuko will find a nice Earth Kingdom girl. So here is the time to ask the questions and get evasive answers from Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Don't forget to get your raffle ticket to see if you qualify for a free sketch or autograph!

3PM: This is something you don't get often at comic conventions and you almost never get for free. The creators will be doing sketches and autographs for a lucky few. I also understand Nick is bringing some posters for the autographing.

4PM: This is where you couch potatos get some exercise! Sifu Kisu will be bringing students from his martial arts school and together, they will give lessons in bending! Participants will learn the theory and elementary steps from the different elements.

I was also trying to negotiate some additional little perks from Nick, but those will have to wait until next year. Show these guys how much you appreciate them and their work and they might come back again!

Mike
This is what the guy just put, but I'm still trying to figure out WHERE we are gathering >.<
And don't worry, I'll help you around as much as I can.

Super No 1
10-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Look at the schedule (http://press.pacificmediaexpo.info/PMXschedule_Pub5a.html).

It actually lists the location as Live Programming 1 - Room Pacific A.

Gowa-chan
10-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Hmm...so far it looks like there will only be 3 cosplayers, as Toph, Kyoshi, and Azula.... I hope more show up (like our socal Aang :3 )
Anywho, I'll see whoever will be there, tommorrow at noon!

lee-buddy
10-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I'll be there as Azula. ^^ Woohoo! Anyway, I am very excited about this all...It's my first cosplay and all, but I hope to get to see evrybody there! :rockon:

Maguma
10-30-2006, 11:57 AM
You guys were awesome and congrats for the autographed gear!!! see ya sooooon

Dictator Juu
11-03-2006, 01:32 AM
BEST AVATAR EVER - http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k306/shittycosplayersdotnet/PMX%2006/PMX06009.jpg

SHE WAS SO DEVOTED, she shaved her head.

- Maguma, you were commonly at the SC table. REMEMBER US?!!!