PDA

View Full Version : the Psycho le Cému Costuming Support thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Yui
03-20-2003, 08:11 PM
(((Voice from the future...wow, it's fun to see how plans have swung wildly from this first post, and gotten even more insane. I may be going through occasionally and updating info for corrections/additions, but otherwise, look to the end of this thread for most current info.
And please, have a look at the
pseduction poll (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=20396) under general chat.

...And now, back to the past...)))

...All right. There's enough talk going on about PLC recently around here, that I'll give you the link to take a look at their current visual library:

http://www.psycholecemu.jp/library/library.html

I will be setting up a recruiting and construction assistance page for planning a big PLC cosplay group next year (2004), for either AX or Otakon (or both depending on interest.)

But please, as soshi encourages (and I fully support), please have a listen to their songs first, and make sure you enjoy all aspects of them them fully before committing to anything as expensive and time-consuming as a cosplay. Visuals are a big, vital, integral, important part of them, but their music is equally so. For, as I have promised, I shall beat up/throw things at those who are *only* in this for the costumes. Thank you and have a lovely, psychotic day.

LaylaCinder
03-20-2003, 09:27 PM
Well I am a part of a Psycho Le Cemu cosplay group right now for Otakon 03, but I'd be happy to join your group for Otakon 04, if that's your plan.
I'm also the co webmaster of a PLC website.. :x you might want to check it out?
www.starlights.net/psycho

Dahlia
03-20-2003, 10:13 PM
Yui: you can definitely put me down for the PLC group for 2004. I'll keep my eyes open as to what set. The more the merrier ne? ^^V

Layla: plc group for ota....whose doing it at ota?

Ukayoru no Chou
03-20-2003, 10:23 PM
Oh no way O_O; Nooo faiiir, I've been wanting to cosplay someone from the band for the whole last year until today, but I just don't have the oppurtunity right now...maybe next year.. but..ahh, if you guys pull it off, I'll be so happy ^_^ Goodluck..waaaa ( *wants to be able to help* ) well..I'm attending AX next year..so.. *ponder*

Yui
03-20-2003, 10:48 PM
All right...I'm actually going to Otakon this year, so I'll definitely come and pay my respects to your group ^_^ (I was so sad at missing out on die-chan's Yura-sama last time...I mean, that was almost enough reason to go last year...if I had only known.)
...Anyway...which set is your group doing?

::is all happy:: Hehe, I'll go look at your site now, too.

soshi
03-21-2003, 12:44 PM
I wanna be Ai no Uta Seek! ;_; <3 dunno when I'd have the funds or time tho @_____@;;;

LaylaCinder
03-21-2003, 01:11 PM
Actually, the group I'm in for this year is Ai No Uta... ^^;;;; and I'll be Daishi, because well.. I'm short. The end. Hey, Yui.. I know you... XD I ran over and took your picture at Katsu when you were in Filth Kaoru! Yeah! :x *was actually in craptastic duel jewel cosplay at the time*

soshi
03-21-2003, 01:13 PM
w00t!

I still wanna be AnU Seek tho, regaurdless of wether or not anyone else is cosplaying it. =P

LaylaCinder
03-21-2003, 02:21 PM
:P I didn't mean to discourage you! Actually, we don't have a Seek yet.

Yui
03-21-2003, 04:41 PM
soshi, I wish we could organize some kind of workshop over the winter or something, somewhere O_o Let's all show up at Lilli's doorstop...hehe...

Hey, Layla, I lied....I got distracted last night...but I did look at your site just now. ^_^ Whee...I am in great appreciation. We should make visting your page a manditory step before cosplaying ^_- Very nice job.

So you're doing AnU this year? ^_^ Okay, I'm not discouraged either, because now this means I can perhaps consider Merry-go-round instead. (I hadn't seen those visuals until just recently...cuz I'm a loser and don't usually go looking for refs online...but when I did, I was tempted to change my mind anyway. Pleathery red's more my style than aqua velvet ^_-) Cuz I'm one of those people who don't mind duplicate cosplays, but I always try my best to ensure as much variety as possible. So as long as I haven't yet invested anything in it...and so long as I get to be Yura-sama somehow with some huge thingie attached to my back, I'll be happy.

soshi
03-21-2003, 05:30 PM
if my housing/financial situation works out and I don't go broke just getting my butt to Otakon, I'll look into being AnU Seek this year. ^_____^v

LaylaCinder
03-21-2003, 06:08 PM
I've always been wanting to do their H. Nato visuals from Prism actually, and I think I might be doing those at Otakon too >.< I know for the Ai no Uta group all we have so far is a Daishi (moi), Aya(Krys) and a Yura (Die-chan) so a Lida and a Seek would be greatly loved. All their outfits are so fun though. >.< I want to do them all! I'm telling you Psycho will put me in the poor house..

Yui
03-21-2003, 06:16 PM
AnU is by far my favorite Lida outfit thus far (and I'm not an orange fan...I don't get it)....if only I wasn't intimidated by the face make-up. X_x So tempting.

LaylaCinder
03-21-2003, 06:43 PM
Intimidated by only the face make-up? ;_;

Yui
03-21-2003, 07:04 PM
Well...maybe the rest of it, too. ^_-
(But at least I comprehend fabric stuff...all make-up looks bad on me, especially complicated designs like that... O_o)
And the fact that Lilli I think kinda wanted to do him, too.

soshi
03-21-2003, 09:52 PM
I actually prefer jrock costumes will full-face makeup because I have zero self esteem and enjoy hiding. ^_^; hence Soshi being my favorite costume... **;;

LaylaCinder
03-21-2003, 10:23 PM
:D I love costumes with masks........because, well :x I'm not going to say how much crap I looked like while wearing Jenova...

Lilli
03-21-2003, 11:15 PM
:3 I like Lida's AnU costume, LOL! Buuut, if Yui wants to cosplay him, go for it XD I even have the orange braid for you if you want, LOL!! I think you'd be a very pretty Yura tooo. You both have such delicate features! Whoever you decided to be XD

I also like their 'Ideal Village travel, The Present' outfits :3

Yui
03-22-2003, 02:36 AM
Something just occured to me tho...has anyone in this country ever even cosplayed Lida? He's so under-represented...this is terrible. X_x It's very rare for me to appreciate all the members of a band equally, too - usually I tend to gravitate towards just one.

Well, let's see the situation...we need someone who knows who Lida is (and loves him sufficiently ^_-), has some possiblity of constructing the costume + the time, funds and obsession to do so, and who's going to be at Otakon anyway.

I better stop...I think that just ruled out everybody -but- me. Hey, Lilli, you were supposed to be talking me out of it! (look at all that bad influencing again...) Am I this weak-minded?

:::digging grave::: Okay...well, I'm not volunteering or anything quite yet, but when would the little PLC group be meeting? (Hehe...if it's Friday night, I'll be able to politely decline. Otherwise, um...I doomed.) I really, really was not planning on doing this this year (altho I wasn't considering Lida exactly either), so this is going to require me to bail out on a lot of other plans. But I'm getting a tingly rush...this is probably a good sign. But still...must think some more...

LaylaCinder
03-22-2003, 12:59 PM
<3 Do it for Lida! He's all: Woo! Do it for me! Way back there in japan :x I'm sure of it.
Okay.. maybe not.. I think he'd appreciate the whole lot of us dressing up in lacey underwear and taking pictures more, but... ~_~
;_; Lida is my favorite member, but I personally think I'd look blah as him... you, on the other hand :x

Yui
03-22-2003, 04:25 PM
Eh, I might not do him justice, either, if you put it that way. -_-* Yeah, my face is about as un-Asian-shaped in every possible way. I think the complicated make-up design might highlight that, too...

And now I'm all self-conscious. :: plops on Kaoru's face-hugger ::

:blubber: Looks like I changed my avatar for nothing.

LaylaCinder
03-22-2003, 07:41 PM
:D... dammit I responded to this post... on the wrong board. Oh well here we go again.
"My face is TOTALLY unasian x.x dammit I have like crappy puffy cheeks and pale skin. Well not puffy, but if I puff my cheeks out a bit I can do the kirito "I apparently have no jaw but a ton of cotton in my mouth" look. :x Yeah.

Yui
03-22-2003, 09:53 PM
Okay...I read the other post first, and was like "what the...?"
...And now it makes sense. :crylaugh:

Hmm, jawless/lots of cotton, you say?...that's pretty close to my Sioux nose of doom and the fact that my head just kinda stops at the top of my face. Erm...see, I never realize it too much, myself. It's when someone gets an accursed profile shot of me, I'm like "Ack! Why am I allowed to even cosplay in public?" With imaginary characters, it's easier to get away it.
...well, maybe if everybody just looks at me face-on, I'd be okay.

I actually happened to get some fabric today that I could use for him, too...
Well, who am I kidding?...your clever ploy is playing out perfectly. You'll probably have a Lida by the end of the week at this rate. I should just resign myself to my fate, since every roadblock I can think of is conveniently pushed aside. This has now become the Lida Unexpectantly Seduces Yui thread.

Michi
03-22-2003, 10:00 PM
If there is any PLC group needing an Aya.. *raises hand* o.o;; I connected with him right away from just a few photos. x_x;; I dunno what it was. ^_^;

Lilli
03-23-2003, 08:24 AM
XD *prepares a care package for Yui consisting of orange hair XD*

._. Hmmm. Otakon. But for Lilli, maybe it will turn into JRock Con :3 Already making a Cyberland Kozi... Hehehee, but if kawaii Yui is gonna be Lida, who should Lilli cosplay? *hmm*

LOL, if at all ._. But if you wanted to get a group thing, let me know :3

Lilli
03-23-2003, 08:38 AM
*stare stare stare*
Hmmmmmmm.
I can't be Daishi ._. We need either a guy, or a handsome girl for that.
Don't wanna be Aya, and I think someone else wanted to do it.
._. Really don't wanna be Seek, and if Soshikins comes, she wanted to do a Seek :3
LOL, I guess maybe *looks at Yura* Saaa. Yui has a better face for Yura than I do ^-~ My features are too round. Mreh. And I really don't wanna make his ass-fluffies.

Sooo :3 Upon further investigation, I've decided that I'm most likely just gonna sit this one out. Probably :/ I guess ._. Unless I get bored and start to feel retardedly ambitious, and ignore the fact that my face won't work, LOL. Meh.

Edit: ._. But hey. If I do wind up as Yura, at least I can use my real hair, and not have to bother with a wig :/

die-sama
03-23-2003, 10:55 AM
if ihave time or have the luggage and whatever to pack it. i'll be doing yura, since i've done doppleganger already :)

soshi
03-23-2003, 11:20 AM
I would loooove to do Daishi's piratey outfit, but, like I've said to Lilli, I think I would make a really terrible Daishi. x_o; my face is very... not.. Daishi. ^^;

LaylaCinder
03-23-2003, 04:51 PM
*cough* my face is not Daishi either but.. I can totally use my real hair for him because.. x.x; uh....I was -supposed- to cosplay him for Katsucon, (there were some problems with the group) and I purpously went out and got my hair cut like his a few days before >.< but alas, certain things didn't work out. It wasn't a major hairstyle change anyway, just taking a few inches off.... but I felt pretty geeky doing it just for the cosplay. *seduces Yui*

Yui
03-23-2003, 07:37 PM
Okay, well, maybe we should decide if we're trying to make a complete song, or if we just want a lot of Psycho-ness.
Cuz...yeah, Michi and Dahlia and Lilli I feel we're excluding indirectly.

Cuz again I wasn't planning on doing plc at all this year, but I'm willing to now, at the cost of dropping out of a lot of other plans.

soshi
03-23-2003, 08:38 PM
I don't think an exact group is needed.. I mean, I'd cosplay Ai no Uta Seek even without anyone else doing Ai no Uta, just because that's my favorite costume of his. ^^;

Dahlia
03-23-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Yui
Okay, well, maybe we should decide if we're trying to make a complete song, or if we just want a lot of Psycho-ness.
Cuz...yeah, Michi and Dahlia and Lilli I feel we're excluding indirectly.

Cuz again I wasn't planning on doing plc at all this year, but I'm willing to now, at the cost of dropping out of a lot of other plans.

*huggles and hands yui pocky*

thankfully I caught you on aim. ^_^v one can never have enough PLC goodness and I appreciate you thinking of the rest of us girl.

LaylaCinder
03-24-2003, 05:52 PM
I was just asking Yui to be in a group that was already form by someone else other than me because we were -trying- to get a full set of people for that group, which is different from this post on psycho cosplay in general. mean, besides that I'm just doing h.nato Daishi by myself :o Not like insanely leave out people? Because Shelly/Dahlia, you told me you -weren't- going to do Psycho cosplay at Otakon, period and so I went with Krys? x.x; If you had told me you were still doing it, I wouldn't have.

Cyber Wolf
03-24-2003, 09:34 PM
Just popped in to say that if you guys need screenshots for reference, I'd be happy to supply you with them. Hell, if you wanna know how to take them yourself via WindowsMedia I'll tell ya myself ^^

Dahlia
03-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by LaylaCinder
I was just asking Yui to be in a group that was already form by someone else other than me because we were -trying- to get a full set of people for that group, which is different from this post on psycho cosplay in general. mean, besides that I'm just doing h.nato Daishi by myself :o Not like insanely leave out people? Because Shelly/Dahlia, you told me you -weren't- going to do Psycho cosplay at Otakon, period and so I went with Krys? x.x; If you had told me you were still doing it, I wouldn't have.

um...layla dahling this isn't shelly....this is the other half. *bops u on the head* Shelly isn't even signed up here^_^o Soooo speaking for me.....I never said I wasn't up for it...things just seemed to fall apart and no one told me which end was up. Me personally I'm up for PLC....just looking to do something other then Ai no Uta now though. ^_^

Yui
03-24-2003, 10:25 PM
oh...hehe...I see how the twins did got confused now ^_-
Um, er...when you say h.nato Daishi, do you mean Prism?

Okay...first of all, due to the sudden addition of Duel Jewel to ACen's guestlist, I had to completely revamp my costume schedule for that (for now it must become a VK-con for me ^_- so people know what real VK is) So...I am going to do Lida, but I'm gonna do his Prism self as I have more confidence in completing it in time -- and all that painting up kanji is much more up my alley of production than doing the very exacting AnU version. So...since that is going to wipe out me making just about everything else I'm working on, I'm definitely bringing Prism Lida to Otakon. I honestly don't know if I'm good enough to make AnU, but I haven't ruled that out. Maybe. I don't know. I might need to kidnap and enslave a personal seamstress just so it would get done.
Now, when I told Lilli about my scheme for Prism, she expressed interest in Aya...or Yura...but I thought it was leaning towards Aya. (I'll get into that on the other thread.) I know you weren't -really- trying to leave out peeps. ^_- Anyway, it looks like there might be quite a few of us afterall.

So I've gone from not doing any PlC this year to doing 1, perhaps 2 Lida's. O_o*

soshi
03-24-2003, 11:03 PM
I think, for anyone who wants to do PLC but doesn't have the time/energy/money to do one of their big foofy costumes of doom, should do their school uniforms.. :o

LaylaCinder
03-25-2003, 11:17 AM
Holy crap I'm sorry Leslie ;_; but yeah, SHELLY told me that you weren't doing it period x.x; I'm sorry! Well I know me and Lauren at least are going to do Prism/h.nato so if you wanna join us? x.x; That's if I feel like covering everything and my cat in paint... we were talking about that a while ago, but I have a very very large masquerade costume planned so I really might not be able to do that one for her, or myself. :o It really depends. Are we still doing Blood? Because that, I know I can do at least with you guys.

Yui
03-25-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Cyber Wolf
Just popped in to say that if you guys need screenshots for reference, I'd be happy to supply you with them. Hell, if you wanna know how to take them yourself via WindowsMedia I'll tell ya myself ^^

Hmmhmmhmm. Well, while we're waiting for everyone to get sorted out, I'd be happy for screenshots of Prism Lida if you've got the time (especially when he's facing the wall...need the back shot.) I'm in for a lot of painting and my computer screen isn't in a very accessable place for that.
Last night, I spent like an hour and a half where I thought I was taking screens of just about every frame of the video so I could just print them all out...but then I remembered that my silly comp blacks out the normal screen capture (so you can't rip off DVDs or whatever...blah) Um, so unless you have tips on how to get caps off a Mac, I doubt...? ^_^*
(Or...if anyone happens to know the romaji any of the major symbols, I could just type them up, convert them back into kanji and print them out on transfer paper so they'd be exact then.)

LaylaCinder
03-25-2003, 03:29 PM
Yui, if its any help I have plenty of magazine scans of the Prism outfits. (That aren't all tinted orange like the ones on my website.. :x that's done so no one will steal them, because who would want to steal super super orange PLC pictures? x.x; No one)

Yui
03-25-2003, 04:34 PM
Who wouldn't want super orange pics? It's so Lida-ish. ^_-
(Well, maybe I wouldn't have, up to a couple days ago, after much considering and realizing I was such a huge closet Lida fan. I don't dislike the color orange anymore ^_-*)

Um, but as long as you're offering, I'll take anything you've got. ;) I understand the basic concept of his outfit, but I want to get all the decoration as close as possible, even if almost no one else would even know the diference - cuz I'm obsessive with costumes like that.

Cyber Wolf
03-25-2003, 04:51 PM
*sweatdrop* Sorry, I've got a dell ^^;;; I don't know a thing about Macs...

Anyway, screencaps. I can do 'em right now and I guess I'll just AIM you for your addy or somethin' ^^

Michi
03-25-2003, 07:04 PM
Yui, you can't do the normal full screen command+shift+3 or 4 to take a picture of the desktop while watching DVDs..?

Yui
03-25-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Michi
Yui, you can't do the normal full screen command+shift+3 or 4 to take a picture of the desktop while watching DVDs..?

nope...it'll make the little camera click noise and record the desktop if I'm not in full-screen mode, but the player window will be blacked-out. It'll even get the menubar, mouse or dvd controller pad, but not the actual image from the dvd content. I thought it was just a stupid movie copyright protector thing, but it doesn't even seem to work for just a pv disc.
I mean, I've tricked it into playing region 2 DVDs...you'd think I could trick it to capture from them too.

So yes...it's all to make costume-making that much more difficult.

BTW, does Lida have...twigs on his shoulder pad thing?

Lilli
03-25-2003, 07:55 PM
._. *peeks out from behind Yui* and any pictures of Aya's Prism outfit would rock muchly as well :3 *ducks back behind her*

LaylaCinder
03-25-2003, 08:47 PM
If you two give me your e-mails I will comense the sending of pictures :x

Yui
03-26-2003, 10:51 AM
My mail's in my profile already ^_^*
But actually, send it to the aol one if it's multiple pics so I can unzip it on my own computer without trouble. (darknessandlite@aol.com)
^_^

LaylaCinder
03-26-2003, 11:08 AM
Okay, I'll be sending them later today... as... I am not home right now? x.x; But hypothetically.. I should be later...

Dahlia
03-26-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by LaylaCinder
Holy crap I'm sorry Leslie ;_; but yeah, SHELLY told me that you weren't doing it period x.x; I'm sorry! Well I know me and Lauren at least are going to do Prism/h.nato so if you wanna join us? x.x; That's if I feel like covering everything and my cat in paint... we were talking about that a while ago, but I have a very very large masquerade costume planned so I really might not be able to do that one for her, or myself. :o It really depends. Are we still doing Blood? Because that, I know I can do at least with you guys.

*LOL* girl its cool, your not the first to mix shelly and I up online. very easy thing to do. ^_~ I'm def. looking into doing Prism Yura for Otakon. Saying time and money are in my favor. Blood is also a go since it wouldn't hoenstly cost too much to put together and is relatively simple. Hmm.....now when to wear them all, since I do have a couple other obligations for ota. ^_^o Might have to drop a few.

LaylaCinder
03-26-2003, 07:04 PM
Friday is looking really good for me because... my Saturday has been taken over by Michi, literally! x.x That and my masquerade costume also is laughing and murmuring "I'll own your soul, bitch!"

Lilli
03-26-2003, 07:27 PM
Wheeee! XD Thankie!! My email is puchikochan @ msn.com (only without the spaces, of course :3)

So they don't get lost in the spam :3

Cyber Wolf
03-26-2003, 09:07 PM
^^;;; I used that address, without the spaces and all, but it didn't go through...

Lilli
03-26-2003, 11:15 PM
mrrrrrrrrrrrrgh????? *thwaps msn* freaks.
okay :3
kawaiiville @ kawaiiville.com

die-sama
03-27-2003, 03:22 PM
*oo can't wait to see all of this!! * :D

Yui
03-28-2003, 02:58 PM
I'll bring a soccer ball. ;)

nuriko001
04-17-2003, 08:21 PM
hihi .. i will bow to anyone who can really help me:) hehe

me and my groupy one day really want to do 'p[rism psycho le cemu.. don't know if we can get it done in a year though.. anywho.. does anyone have good pictures? like.. close up of the outfits and stuff it would really really really help alot:) PWEAESS i can't find anything cept the typical pic that everyone use.. and they're not really helpful.. thanks:) in advance:)

Yui
04-20-2003, 04:21 PM
Yo, that's what we've been talking about. I keep pausing the video and practicing my brush strokes, but my kanji still sucks. O_O* I have the couple of major, big obvious ones done adequately, but for all the smaller text, I'm going to start just writing anything I actually have reference for (like the lyrics to the song or "I hate kanji" or something...)
I just have a feeling one little error will turn the symbols into something obscene...Then again, knowing Lida, it might be already. ^_-
I don't know, I was looking around for the translations to all the grafitti on their outfits, but I haven't located anything useful yet.

Lilli
04-21-2003, 02:30 PM
._.; I think I'm gonna go with you on the "I hate kanji" thing, LOL

^^; Or song lyrics. Ya. Cause that's what I did with Sanzo's sutra... Just guess, and they came out as different kanji, and people were coming up and naming them off to me, "Except what is this one?" Lilli: "...I think I sneezed when I drew that one"

I really gotta re-make my sutra ._.;

Lilli
04-21-2003, 02:32 PM
._. and maybe "bastard American" or "blue-eyed devil"

Anyone know the kanji for 'American Pig-Dog'? XD

Yui
04-22-2003, 03:44 PM
Yea...Lilli's back. ^_^
I like your sutra...it's the only one I've seen so far with even an attempt at the kanji. Even most real pics of Sanzo have scribbles instead.
I'm doing a decent enough job (I have to admit...it's really fun) but it's really slow-going. Lida -might- be done for ACen. (Definitely by AX, no problem, though.) For the little stuff, maybe I should write provocative phrases like "consume with caution" or "the blue chicken dies at midnight" or "all hail the toothbrush of doom."...yeah...well, this is why it's benificial to actually be able to read Japanese. For times like these. :japan:

Lilli
04-23-2003, 05:39 AM
Wheee, Lilli is mostly back :3 Hehee

^^; Don't mind me, I just got done with a 21 hour shift at work. *goes off to die, after she embraces the truth of their Minty Messiah*

Yui
05-04-2003, 12:13 AM
Well, you know what? I love Gekiai Merry go Round so much. I did like the song when I heard it before, but the video is so perfect - it's totally the inside of my head right there. (I mean, I love and appreciate the more gothic style, but I'm honestly more of the bright, insane, campy, flashy sci-fi mentality.) I kept watching it incredulously over and over since it arrived a few days ago. I mean, this is like life-changing somehow.
I wish I could do all of their costumes at once. O_o

Lilli
05-05-2003, 07:26 PM
._.; *flies to Chicago to see to it that you don't try to do so*

nyamiko_chan
05-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Can anyone probably post up sites of them ^^ I saw the few at the beginning..maybe with pics of their outifts..??

my friend is really into them

jennekohan
06-15-2003, 05:05 PM
Hi Yui!

Since you showed us your PLC CDs at ACen Dustin and I are totally hooked. We were talking about making PLC costumes in the future too so this sounds like fun. Dustin was planning on making seek's Ai no Uta costume and I'm doing Aya's. He also wants to do seek's Gekiai Merry-go-Round (scares the heck out of me!!! ;_;) and I was thinking about doing Yura-sama's, but we'd most likely do the other two first.

Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
06-15-2003, 07:07 PM
Can anyone tell me more about this band? I mean I heard from my friend before that they cosplay in their performance...do they cosplay a certain character from anime/manga/game or just wearing costumes?

Yui
06-15-2003, 08:07 PM
Well, they do cosplay each other sometimes. XD
Yeah, their costumes are weirder than any anime costume, for sure, though. You'd have to see the videos to get the full force of their oddity, however. Either purchase their singles (all of which have 3 good songs + a DVD of the previous main song's video) or just come see me at any con I'm at and I'll share. >^_^<

& Remember everyone, the pic overviews are at their site:
http://www.psycholecemu.jp/
I do have more detailed stuff as well.

Jen: do you know how tempted I am myself to do GMGR seek (uh, with a bodysuit, of course)? XD I have no idea why...probably has to do with the tentacles! Hehehe. Yeah, I finally get to use Prism Lida properly at AX soon, and I still have some interest in AnU Lida as well someday. Maybe...if I just get comfortable with the face make-up concept. It was my revised intent to try GMGR Yura-sama (definently my fav costume of his) for my big project next season, but due to a very rare occurance, my big project might not end up being j-rock related at all (gasp), um so...let's make a pact that -someone- will do that by...2005?
And cosplay plans spiral obscenely out of hand...

jennekohan
06-16-2003, 08:31 AM
LOL! Alright! Are you wearing Prism Lida at AX this year? I can't wait to see your costume! Dustin says he wants to make seek's Prism costume. Well, I think he wants to make ALL of seek's costumes eventually because yesterday we had a little discussion like this:

Jen: Which costume do you want to make the most? Ai no Uta or--
Dustin: All of them.
Jen: But I thought you said you wanted to do--
Dustin: All of them.
Jen: ...Ai no Uta?
Dustin: I SAID ALL OF THEM!

@_@; So, yeah, we will definately have plenty of PLC costumes by 2005. You got us hooked! XD I cannot tell you how many times I've watched the GMGR video. I just keep watching it over and over everyday. Must watch Yura-sama and Aya do para para in space!

Yui
06-16-2003, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I was meaning to wear Prism Lida for ACen...and then I was upset that I forgot the main armor/vest piece and Lilli was all like "Let's go back to your house and pick it up..." and I'm like..."uh, no...that's several hours out of the con." And then I found that awesome book and DVD with Prism pics in the dealers' room and I was "Ack...I did everything wrong anyway - I'm glad I don't have it!" So I keep adding to it, upgrading parts...I'll probably never have it -exactly- so it's kinda irksome. But I'm wearing it to AX no matter its status.

And seek is soooo fun. If I wasn't so scared of body paint... Yeah, so tell Dustin he rocks and cosplaying any of seek is totally welcome and encouraged.
Hey, and maybe you can figure out the parapara routine - you're an expert right? :D I can't follow it at all.

nuriko001
06-16-2003, 04:42 PM
A BOOK?!?!?!?! where who waht?? fo you think you can l ike scan pics?? that would really help a bunch:)..

wow.. plc merchandise at an american con.. maybe i should go!

Yui
06-16-2003, 06:46 PM
Yeah, it's not a book just for them alone...it's a mini-book/mag put out by B-Pass (called Pride Vision) with a few artists, but PLC's the cover special. I was just shocked to see good Prism pics...I think I probably paid too much...but I was desperate and it was worth it. I'll write off the expense as research cost. ^_^*
And even better, it comes with a DVD! I had no idea when I bought it, even. It's a totally silly documentary thingie where they are just wandering around a carnival in costume doing the photoshoot (invaluable, 360 degrees of cosplay reference.) And then they're in somebody's basement sucking at ring toss and calligraphy. It's entirely random. XD I didn't think my love for them could be any greater.

Um, so yes...I will scan in some pics tonight. >^_^< Anything to assist PLC costuming efforts.

jennekohan
06-17-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Yui
Hey, and maybe you can figure out the parapara routine - you're an expert right? :D I can't follow it at all.

Actually, I've been trying to figure the para para routine from GMGR out! LOL! I don't know if I'm an expert, I mean, people like Katie are SO much better then me, but I do my best! :D I'm still trying to figure all of GMGR out though, some parts where you can't see Aya and Yura-sama I'm just like, "Ummm I'll just keep doing the same thing or make something up here. Ho hum!" @_@; It would rock someday to have a huge group of people all decked out PLC-style doing PLC para para!

Kamui
06-17-2003, 10:00 PM
w007! i'd love to do Ai no Uta seek, Gekiai Merrygoround Seek or Pop song Seek haha. That would be rad. lol

nuriko001
06-22-2003, 10:55 AM
pokes yui.. hihi..i was just wondering if you posted the pics up already:P

Yui
06-22-2003, 11:27 PM
blah! ack...I feel terrible! thanks for the poke...cuz in my mind, I -did- do it already ^_^****
sorry, 'tis AX-angst setting in...I'm getting spacy.
Okay, really, I shall go stick them on my page right now....lemme go swap comps and grab them....

nuriko001
06-23-2003, 01:56 PM
wahooooo thank you very much:P

nuriko001
06-29-2003, 11:10 PM
sorry to bug you again, but did you put the pics up on your page? if you did.. can you pop the url on herE:) thanks:P
sorry to be a hassle

ryuichi fangirl
06-30-2003, 01:52 AM
Hmm...I want to do Prism Yura @_@...nothing really fancy ...but I really like that song..and his outifit is cute IMO...adds that HE's in it but..err...lol...I can't say right now I can do it for SURE..but I'll give it my best shot...we have to see how much time/$$ needs to go into my Illuminati Mana outfit first ^^;;

Recca-kun
06-30-2003, 09:32 PM
Yui indirectly got me hooked (curiosity killed the cat)... ^_^;;

For sake of discussion, Prism or maybe Gekiai Merry-Go-Round Daishi would be so awesome, but there's no way I can do those soon. So, if anyone wants a photographer for when they do it (or other outfits) let me know. ;)

Yui
07-09-2003, 12:53 AM
...Okay...sorry for the AX gap there, everyone, and all the suspense. I actually had the scans already uploaded before, but I didn't want to just have anyone wandering through the board swiping them off my server (since the scans are ~huge~ so you can print them out nicely. Hopefully.) . So - pm me and tell me who you need and I'll send you the direct links.

& If you guys need any refs of their other costumes, I did get a few semi-useful magazines (and a really disturbing video!) at AX...

HoneyBlade
07-09-2003, 07:42 PM
Hi. I'm new. I'm Laura. I'll be cosplaying as Aya [Doppelganger prep school] next month at Ota. I'm fat ^_^

That is all.

soshi
07-09-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by HoneyBlade
Hi. I'm new. I'm Laura. I'll be cosplaying as Aya [Doppelganger prep school] next month at Ota.

hi Laura! I love that costume of Aya's, it's so cute. ^^ all their prep school stuff is, methinks.

I'm fat ^_^

o_o;;; well, uh, I am too, but I don't define my existance by it!

Yui
07-09-2003, 11:55 PM
Hey, be sure to come to the 'soccer game' then. =^_^= There were only 3 other PLC cosplayers besides me at AX from as far as I could tell, so it wasn't quite enough for a match. X_X But it looks like there will be a lot of us for Ota.

Um...I'm short. And have a completely anti-j-rock-cosplay of a nose as noted before. Which is why my Prism Lida will get his ninja hoodie for Otakon. Ha...I will thwart my bizarre facial features yet. :P (I sense GMGR seek and now Frontiers Yura-sama in my future as well for the very same reason. O_o)

Anyway, enough self-bashing! The purpose of this post was instead to let you know that I can hand out a password to access my plc references on my server. That way, you can download through ftp rather than draining my bandwidth on my page or wasting time with e-mail attachments. So, if anyone's interested, let me know.

nuriko001
07-09-2003, 11:58 PM
WAH YOU doing gekki seek AHHAHAHAHAH too funny hehe.. tha's going to be cool.. remember to have a rock wit ya:) to hit those nasty bugs!!

doesn't that video remind you of star ship trouppers

Yui
07-10-2003, 12:17 AM
wai...now it's my dream to gather a whole race of seek's and run around all fruity with a video camera ^o^ Maybe someday...

nuriko001
07-10-2003, 12:18 AM
HAHHAHAHA * whipes tears hehe tha'llbe soooo damn hilarious.. gotta like build a bug race to along wit that:) hehe. tha'll make a kick ass cosplay AHHAHA>.

HoneyBlade
07-10-2003, 12:29 AM
<b>Hey, be sure to come to the 'soccer game' then. =^_^=</b>

Sho' thang! Has a time or place been decided yet?

HoneyBlade
07-10-2003, 12:29 AM
Ooohhh, who's HTML doesn't work on here? Laura's HTML doesn't work on here.

Yui
07-10-2003, 12:57 AM
Yeah, HTML coding is by default off for most users, but you can use vB code (it's pretty much the same)
http://forums.cosplay.com/misc.php?s=&action=bbcode

The soccer game is tenatively 2pm Saturday and includes a mini picnic. (The exact time may be slightly revised to accomodate the cp.c gathering and - if enough people care - TMR-related events.) But plan for mid-afternoon. I would have liked to have held it Friday, but Friday's surprisingly much more packed for many people, including me. The place will be disclosed at the j-rock panel Friday night...it's probably going to be in the walled-off over-street paved area directly inbetween the Hilton and the con center.

HoneyBlade
07-10-2003, 10:33 AM
Yeah, as long as nothing interferes with T.M., I'm good to go.

nuriko001
07-10-2003, 11:14 AM
why don't you have this like saturday or sunday morning? like a morning soccer game, followed by a brunch picinic? and then off to do more con stuff:P

HoneyBlade
07-10-2003, 01:11 PM
That sounds like a good suggestion ^o^

nuriko001
07-10-2003, 01:13 PM
and you should like have someone be like the score keeper. from like a ' super dark visual band' HAHA tha'll be a funny contrast..
someone gotta like video tape this:) tehhe.. and take pics!!

HoneyBlade
07-10-2003, 02:56 PM
LoL, I think Mana should be the score keeper. Just because I like to put Mana into hypothetical situations in which he'd never be in, hehe.

...That or he should play. In one of those gowns of his. And... the boots X_x

Yui
07-10-2003, 06:58 PM
Yeah, we were kinda thinking about maybe a Aya v.s. Mana match or something, too.
:shrugs: depends on who shows up. It's not going to be a hardcore contest, just some silly posing witha soccer ball, really.
Sunday, I'm doing a Wolf's Rain group, but if people are awake Saturday morning, that's fine with me. So far, we have three good camera people interested in watching this, so I'll work on getting some video too.

Kaede
07-10-2003, 08:51 PM
Oh I'll pose with some balls *runs to grab YURAsama*
And on a more realistic note, I'll be on the Mana team if there will be one, but I'm afraid I stand no chance against Aya's mighty middle finger...

Yui
07-14-2003, 12:05 AM
Hey, Otakon people, do we have some confirmations on PLC costumes that will be appearing Friday or Saturday?
I know there are old posts on this in this thread, but look how much my own plans have changed since the start of it. ^_^*
I just wanted to know since there is some new interest and they wanted to be sure to not duplicate anyone, for variety's sake...

ryuichi fangirl
07-14-2003, 10:09 PM
hmmm..are you guys going to do this outside? ( sorry I haven't read all of this thread O_o) ..if so..LadyXara an I would be happy to run water or something if you need us to...^^;

Bansaku
07-15-2003, 01:35 AM
Hmm..Confirmations for PLC cosplay appearing Friday? I'm going to be dressed as seek from the Roman Hikou PV on Friday. My costume was just today getting finished up...lazy me ^^; I'll have a matching Aya and Lida with me as well.

monk
07-17-2003, 06:42 PM
I'm working on a Gekkai Merry-Go-Round seek costume at the moment, so I'm sure you'll see me there.

hatsuharu
07-20-2003, 02:07 PM
I actually posted that under monk's name when i was over his house :P. That's me who's working on the seek Gekkai Merry-Go-Round costume ^_^

nuriko001
07-21-2003, 08:42 PM
hey, yui-chan, i was wondering, if you figured out how to image copy your plc dvd... :)

when is otakon anyways?!??!!

Yui
07-21-2003, 08:50 PM
You did? On a mac?

Wow..there's gonna be multiple seek's...looking forward to that. ^_- We kept getting harassed at AX (from the few who knew who we were, that is) about where our seek was. Hey, I wasn't even expecting to see any other PLC peeps there myself.

And Otakon is August 8-10th in Baltimore.

Yui
07-24-2003, 03:06 AM
....Hey....before I bid against an eBay user that's coming between me and reference shots of old, old indies PLC (Ideal Village Travel!), I wanted to make sure that it isn't any of you guys, because I wouldn't want to bid against you and take funds away from the actual costuming aspect.
...Um yeah, maybe I'll just e-mail them. Because I just need photocopies or scans or something. I don't need the actual real postcards.

nuriko001
07-24-2003, 03:36 AM
what post cards are these???!?!?!?!

Yui
07-24-2003, 02:28 PM
Ideal Village Travel (Past, Present and Future) is their first three sets of real costumes. I was actually looking for the Future set, because I have materials to make either that Lida or Daishi, so I might for next year. The Past is okay (kinda looks a little ghetto cosplay, though ^_-) but I'm not sure if anyone has a cosplay use at all for the Present...which has Daishi looking like a lobster, Aya being Mana-y, Yura-sama being Shinya-y, Lida unsure of his gender and seek with no piercings.

Appearantly the postcards are rare tour goods that were passed out at the end of their indies concert. I actually don't care about the collectiblity too much as the really clear refs that they are. I think it's up for the next three days or so if you wanna take a look. I'm going to try talking the high bidder into sharing, though, since I'd really rather not bid them up. I'm too nice and poor to do that to them. ^_-

nuriko001
07-24-2003, 02:32 PM
hehe.. yeah i saw them.. berry nice:) hehe.. i like the demon looking aya.. but i never saw any clear pics ofit:) cept for him twriling in it in theplc apecial that was on tv!

i wouldn't mind splitting:) ( is it possible to talk to you privately?)

Dahlia
07-24-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Bansaku
Hmm..Confirmations for PLC cosplay appearing Friday? I'm going to be dressed as seek from the Roman Hikou PV on Friday. My costume was just today getting finished up...lazy me ^^; I'll have a matching Aya and Lida with me as well.

Man I haven't posted here in ages. I would like to say I was planning a Roman Hikou Yura >^^< So to see that there is already going to be a Seek, Aya and Lida makes me ubber excited. Now we just need a Daishi. hmm...what other jrockers also act vain (not necessarily are, most its an act/ character), that would be one to be up againest Yura. *L*

nuriko001
07-24-2003, 03:23 PM
hehehe gackt..:)mana

hatsuharu
07-24-2003, 06:01 PM
i'm like 40 % done w/my seek costume ~_~

ToshiyaMizukori
08-07-2003, 11:22 PM
*comes late into the discussion* Konbanwa~ I'm going to cosplay Aya from Psycho le Cemu for AX04. ^^; Um does anyone have any ref pics of Aya's outfit from Ai no Uta? Does anyone know how the back looks?... oh also does anyone have ref pics of Aya's outfit from the Prism PV? I'm thinking of making that too... Thank you ^^

~Toshiya

mikcy
08-08-2003, 12:44 AM
http://www.loomers.org/erin/nml/psycholecemu/g.html

Near the beginning theres a really good one of ai no uta aya :D

Cyber Wolf
08-08-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by ToshiyaMizukori
*comes late into the discussion* Konbanwa~ I'm going to cosplay Aya from Psycho le Cemu for AX04. ^^; Um does anyone have any ref pics of Aya's outfit from Ai no Uta? Does anyone know how the back looks?... oh also does anyone have ref pics of Aya's outfit from the Prism PV? I'm thinking of making that too... Thank you ^^

~Toshiya

I took a bunch of Ai no Uta caps not too long ago, I can e-mail you some if you like. Just make sure the server will let you recieve big files ^^

ToshiyaMizukori
08-08-2003, 03:29 PM
Oh that would be great if you could e-mail them CyberWolf^^ I'm pretty sure my server will let me open big files ^^;...I hope

memisama~
Oh thanks a lot! That is a good picture ^_^

nuriko001
08-10-2003, 09:39 PM
hihi, so how did the soccer tournament go? didy ou take any pics? or any j-rock gathering pics? hehehe:)

ihope you peeps had fun

hatsuharu
08-10-2003, 09:50 PM
Here's one pic of me that my friend took:

http://www.byebyereality.com/images/otakon03/seek_01.jpg

I have a nice pic of a whole PLC group I found and took pics w/, but it's kinda dark:

http://www.byebyereality.com/images/otakon03/DSC00043.JPG

rinheartilly
08-11-2003, 08:31 PM
hey, so what happened to all the PLC groups? I've been watching this thread from afar, worried that there would be tons of competition, but other than my group (me as daishi, and two buddies who were yurasama and aya), there were only five other people who wore PLC costumes that i saw (someone told me there was a "Seek in white" but we never found him). is the gal who did lida on here? her costume was super :P i liked the roman hikou guys too : D ahh everyone was so awesome.

Cyber Wolf
08-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Yeah, that "gal" is here. She's Yui. ^^

Mara
09-16-2003, 08:26 PM
Thread revival!

Seeing that Frontiers just came out a few weeks ago... does anyone have any PLC costume plans for the near future? I am seriously thinking of making Yura-sama's gorgeous white Frontiers costume. Is anyone by chance cosplaying PLC for Kazecon or Anime Reactor?

Kaede
09-16-2003, 09:17 PM
YES YURA's costume is amazing. After much debating I think I want to make Daishi's possibly for Anime Boston...but I have a really strong desire to be a unicorn monkey right now...XD

Cyber Wolf
09-16-2003, 09:50 PM
*has Ai no Uta caps if anyone wants some* There pretty big and ofoto.com makes you register beofre viewing them, but it's free. ^^

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?UV=909506476398_98965139505&collid=79946139505

Edit: *just tried thye link* Hmm, guess u don't have to register to see them o.o XD

Vincent III
09-18-2003, 04:22 PM
Hiya, im a newb to cosplay, but i was wondering, does anyone have a source or a way i can get more images or a view of Lida's Costume in this picture? http://www.psycholecemu.jp/library/images/1226.jpg
Im pretty sure that this is the Genkai Merry Go Rounds outfit, but does anyone have better pics of views?

Yui
09-20-2003, 09:45 PM
Hey, this thread's revived. Good. >^_^< I think there was something I was going to mention before...um...I can't remember now. ^_^;

Hiya, im a newb to cosplay, but i was wondering, does anyone have a source or a way i can get more images or a view of Lida's Costume in this picture? http://www.psycholecemu.jp/library/images/1226.jpg
Im pretty sure that this is the Genkai Merry Go Rounds outfit, but does anyone have better pics of views?
Please tell me you are not kidding!
Oh wow...that is the only Lida costume thus far that scares me. Well, I mean, Prism Star-Ocean space-pirate Lida is -scarey- but I can at least understand how it's put together, and I'd wanna make it someday (whether I'd wear it myself or not ^_-) But GMGR scares me because of its insane complexity...it even makes Doppelganger look like nothing in comparison.

I'll give you some refs, but are you -sure- you want to start with that one? @_@ I mean, I don't wanna be an accessory to suicide to cosplay stress.

Vincent III
09-21-2003, 11:34 AM
Hey, this thread's revived. Good. >^_^< I think there was something I was going to mention before...um...I can't remember now. ^_^;

Please tell me you are not kidding!
Oh wow...that is the only Lida costume thus far that scares me. Well, I mean, Prism Star-Ocean space-pirate Lida is -scarey- but I can at least understand how it's put together, and I'd wanna make it someday (whether I'd wear it myself or not ^_-) But GMGR scares me because of its insane complexity...it even makes Doppelganger look like nothing in comparison.

I'll give you some refs, but are you -sure- you want to start with that one? @_@ I mean, I don't wanna be an accessory to suicide to cosplay stress.
Yup, im sure. Its not my money that working on it (my moms ^^) and i dont want to be a stupid cosplay newb with an crappy outfit. Plus i want to wear it to school ^^.

Yui
09-23-2003, 03:46 PM
Okay...if you're sure. XD
You have to let me know who your commissioning though so I can either: a) steal their plans or b) bug them incessantly so it's perfect. ^_-

The close-ups in the single's booklet is the best place to start so you can see what kind of fabric is needed. Also, the GMGR PV DVD comes with the Roman Hikou single (And that version is -way- better than the TV version PV that's out on the internet.) So if you have a region2 DVD player, that's very much worth it.
Otherwise, I do have some other refs uploaded into my server - not too many Gekiai ones so far, but people are always sending me new stuff, so keep checking. I'm not making it a public gallery (since some pics were not scanned by me) but I will let cosplayers into the ftp. PM me and I'll give you an access code.
Um, that goes for anyone else, too.

Lyn
09-23-2003, 05:31 PM
Man, I'm starting to seriously contemplate Daishi's Prism costume now. I've wanted to do it for a while but alas, can't really fit it in my cosplay schedule anytime soon. ^^; But might be a good late 2004 or early '05 project for me. Either that or Roman Hikou Yura (that couldn't be too hard, I would imagine).

Blah. Now if only I had more money and time to spend. ^^;

Out of curiousty, does anyone have any good pictures of the Frontiers costumes? I've seen a picture or two but it didn't really give me a clear shot of the costumes themselves and I want to know what they look like.

Kaede
09-23-2003, 05:57 PM
I can scan my Shoxx pictures if you like ^^

nuriko001
09-23-2003, 06:01 PM
WHA? shoxx ghad prism picture?!?!? PLEASE SHARE?!?!

Kaede
09-23-2003, 06:09 PM
hum they probably do but I meant the sept issue with the FRONTIERS costumes, sorry. And 20 pages of it ...mmm

Lyn
09-23-2003, 06:38 PM
Kaede - o_o That would be so awesome of you! And so nice. ^_^

cutekawaii
09-23-2003, 07:48 PM
Wooo! Frontiers!!! Ima making Aya and my friend is gonna make Seek XDDDD

Anyway, here are 2 sites with TONS of pics:

http://www.loomers.org/erin/nml/psycholecemu/g.html
www.notreadytorun.net

And yes, I shall do Roman Hikou Aya as well :D I loooove that song and his outfit is too cute ^.^ And so is his Space Pirates v Galaxy Police one!! Ah! Aya! Too adorable!!! Lyn, Yura's Roman Hikou is swanky, you should do it :D

Kaede
09-23-2003, 09:03 PM
http://members19.clubphoto.com/kaede731583/1635769/guest.phtml
Here you go Lyn, and anyone else who needs them.

Yui
09-23-2003, 09:11 PM
Um, I've got some Frontiers in the ftp area, Lyn. Did I ever give you the password before?
...though those other sites will pobably keep you busy for a bit tho.
...Um, excuse me while I plunder them.... >^_^<

Mara
09-23-2003, 09:25 PM
cutekawaii and Kaede, I bow at your feet! I haven't been able to find many good PLC pics until now, except what I get in Zappy.

wai! What a great avatar, Yui. Poor Yura-sama :)

Ayaka
09-24-2003, 12:00 AM
*blunders into thread* ^^;

Thank you, Kaede, cause I can see Aya's headpiece a bit better in one of those pics. ^^

<-- cosplaying Frontiers if she can ever find the right lace

Lyn
09-24-2003, 02:04 PM
cutekawaii - I'll definently consider it then. ^^

Kaede - Thank you! ^_^ Those costumes really are cool. *_* I espicially like Lida's.

Yui - Nope, dont' believe I ever did but that's ok. I'm happy with the pictures that everyone posted on here. I just wanted an idea of what they looked like. ^^ Thanks for the offer though.

Yui
09-24-2003, 07:53 PM
<-- cosplaying Frontiers if she can ever find the right lace

I have a feeling we're going to be coloring in those yellow flowers by hand. XD
Ah Frontiers, looks simple, but they all have little annoying deceptive touches.

cutekawaii
09-24-2003, 08:21 PM
I have a feeling we're going to be coloring in those yellow flowers by hand. XD
Ah Frontiers, looks simple, but they all have little annoying deceptive touches.Ahhh but those deceptive little touches are what make PLC costumes fun! So much detail!!

Ayaka
09-24-2003, 09:20 PM
Break out your paint markers, Yui. :3 lol.

Of course if I find appropriate lace, I shall post info about where I got it here for any other AYA fans with cosplay in mind. ^^

cutekawaii
09-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Break out your paint markers, Yui. :3 lol.

Of course if I find appropriate lace, I shall post info about where I got it here for any other AYA fans with cosplay in mind. ^^Do you have a Jo Ann's Etc by you? Mine has a pretty substantial lace selection.

nuriko001
09-24-2003, 10:09 PM
what is this paint markers?

Yui
09-25-2003, 04:18 PM
I spent so much time on Lida (most of it painting) that I think I have experience with just about every paint marker on the market....whether it was toxic or not, and despite its non-suggested use on fabric. It's basically a thick pen with paint that is slowly dispersed into the tip, so you write with it rather than 'paint'....um, there's a lot of evil, ill-designed ones out there, so be prepared to try out a few before finding something right for your surface. (They're fun to use when you have the right kind. And coloring on white lace is going to be a lot easier than finding a thick opaque paint that adheres to vinyl.)

Hehe, Ayaka, if you find the exact lace, you should buy the whole roll and sell it at auction as 'official' AYA trim. XD

cutekawaii
09-25-2003, 07:36 PM
Oh yeah, Yui.... What's Lida's "other hobby" that you mention in your Prism costume file? Does it have anything to do with crossdressers? *glances at Roman Hikou PV*

Yui
09-25-2003, 10:20 PM
Um...it should actually be the complete opposite, actually. I don't understand that video at all @_@ I hear everything in it is some kind of non-translatable pun, but I'd still like a translation attempt.
Yeah, I'm not tempted to cosplay from RH, but wow...I'm making that room!

cutekawaii
09-25-2003, 10:37 PM
Um...it should actually be the complete opposite, actually.
oh? tell tell tell!!

I don't understand that video at all @_@ I hear everything in it is some kind of non-translatable pun, but I'd still like a translation attempt.Wacky PV indeed.... the song is a cover, if you didn't know, of "Roman Hikou" by Kome Kome Club. I hear it's a lot better but I can't find it anywhere.

nuriko001
09-26-2003, 12:08 AM
NO WAY IT IS better than the psycho le cemu rendition. i love the plc versoin.. cause it's got the women 'whoa oh.. woah o hehe and the eletcir 'wee wee wee wee wee:) hehe
and daishi's singineR:P

Yui
09-26-2003, 09:29 PM
NO WAY IT IS better than the psycho le cemu rendition. i love the plc versoin.. cause it's got the women 'whoa oh.. woah o hehe and the eletcir 'wee wee wee wee wee:) hehe
and daishi's singineR:P
Gods, that's a perfect review XD!

Um, anyway about Lida...I don't wanna be the one to break it to you. Hehe. (Just wait til you start doing the reseach on DAISHI. O_o) Um, I suppose the best place to go is the little report by Lauren here (http://www.starlights.net/psycho/naginst.html). That pretty much covers it, and it's first-hand account. And I guess Go of jrocknyc has talked about them sometimes, too, but you're gonna have to search around the archieves yourself for those comments.
...But, it's good to know about their personalities if you're gonna cosplay them, I guess. They're all kinda paradoxical...you can't really act like them just by seeing their costumes. ^_-

Kaede
10-01-2003, 07:51 PM
Okay my two cents on AYA's new shoes: NYLA makes an excact replica of them (not on purpose hummmmm) but I think you can only get them from gfla.com (which means you have to strip off the wax from the "leather" and then paint over with white acrylic).

cutekawaii
10-01-2003, 08:19 PM
Um, I suppose the best place to go is the little report by Lauren here (http://www.starlights.net/psycho/naginst.html).o__O
Wow. Lol. Lida.. o.O

COOL!!!! XD XD

Eee i like them more and more everyday. And tomorrow... Frontiers arrives!!! woo!!

Yui
10-04-2003, 01:35 AM
Silly Psycho boys. XD

Anyway, Ayaka...we might need to go back and look at fabric. I want our Frontiers fabrics to match....I was about to start with whatever random white stuff I could find locally, but then I got all weird over it. O_o (And secretly, I need to go buy like a billion yards or 100 tons...whichever is more...of stretch pvc. Hehehe...)

nuriko001
10-04-2003, 02:06 PM
i was wondering , if any of you seen the 'with' video.. hehe it's sweet:).. hehe.. not as good as their other videos though:P

but.. aya sure can compose a nice song.. hehe.. and wonder if the video is like 'based on an experince daishi had HAHAh

Kaede
10-10-2003, 08:38 PM
Haha check this out <3
http://www.cospa.com/comunity/2003_C3/cos_pub/03-1.jpg

Yui
10-16-2003, 11:40 PM
Oh yeah, I noticed those cosplayers before. They did a really nice job, but made just enough divergences from the real outfits so you know Cospa just didn't make them for them...um, don't know if that was on purpose.
I hope my little Frontiers groups ends up so nice though. I think we're all incapacitated right now trying to match the fabric. It's just *white*...I mean, fabric is a little different, but it shouldn't take this much thinking. @_@

Anyway, the other little post about making cosplay videos got me thinking about next year when more people will have their PLC cosplays done...because I would like to get whoever's willing to be on film (and lots of normal photos too.) So what cons should I be planning to go to? I didn't know if we should have a Psycho meet at a big con most people will likely be at anyway, or if we should completely take over a smaller one. ^_-

nuriko001
10-17-2003, 12:09 AM
if you guys are in canada hehe i'd like to film:) ( i dun like being on film:P thehee

But when arey ou doing your frontier group yui? can't wait to see:)

Yui
10-17-2003, 04:05 PM
...Um, Katsucon maybe? (I have so many groups for Katsucon already ^_-; and I wasn't even supposed to go this next time...oh well...for a complete PLC group, I'll go anywhere, I suppose.)
So yeah, for the rest of the season, I gotta either go directly from ACen to AN, or skip ACen all together. Must scheme up a mad traveling plan. That's why I'm thinking of it now.

nuriko001
10-17-2003, 05:59 PM
when is ACen? you can like speed from one con to the next:) hehehe:)

Yui
10-18-2003, 03:54 PM
According to next year's schedules, ACen is the weekend right before AN (but better than them being the exact same weekend like this year.)
I think I'm going to be busy this winter making some PLC costumes...at least partially...for other people, so hopefully, we can all aim to at least make the same con.

nuriko001
10-18-2003, 09:53 PM
MAKING FOR PEOPLE WTF!!!!you kkuuureshiii

but you're ilke a machine .. :) heheh so good luck:) hope to see ya costumes:) ehehe

oh yeah.. i was wondering.. di dyou guys ever hav you soccer game?

Yui
10-18-2003, 11:10 PM
No, we didn't have a soccer game yet! I kinda kicked around my little pentagram ball, but everyone was too tired and we couldn't get enough people together at once. Blah. That's why I'm making sure everyone has a costume this time. They all owe me their souls then.
And I'm only doing like -partial- bits...like DAISHI's GMGR arm and seek's Prism mask and prop stuff...still, it's the hard bits, and I'm not promising anything yet. But maybe I'm just being selfish and want some full groups for next year. ^_-
Yeah, just getting everyone equipped for when (not IF) our boys get to come visit NA.

Saeru
10-20-2003, 12:03 PM
That kind of makes me feel bad that we're only doing Frontiers, then. ;_; It seems like my costume is too easy, though I still think it rocks. Having a whole group will be a lot of fun, even so!

nuriko001
10-20-2003, 12:47 PM
i dotn' think frontier costumes are easy... or any j-rock costume really.. specailly plc:P

Yui
10-20-2003, 11:44 PM
That kind of makes me feel bad that we're only doing Frontiers, then. ;_; It seems like my costume is too easy, though I still think it rocks. Having a whole group will be a lot of fun, even so!
Are you kidding? Frontiers -is- hard...just because it's simple and exact and white...so if you make a mistake, everyone will see. O_o Of course, you are used to making white costumes...unlike I am. I hide in the shadows of dark-colored cosplays...where anomalies are not noticed. >^_^<
So anyway, easy or not, do a kickass job, because it's for Lida!
(And if you finish way ahead of time and are feeling bored, maybe you might wanna use your engineering prowress to figure out a collaspable coffin we could use for YURA-sama. I'm feeling a Croquette! group coming on. Or you can help me unlock the mysteries of GMGR...) :rolleyes:

Minakolabelle
10-21-2003, 01:27 AM
if you find any thing about that damn sun thing let me know ^_^

how it's attached is boggling my mind @_@

Saeru
10-21-2003, 10:44 AM
Are you kidding? Frontiers -is- hard...just because it's simple and exact and white...so if you make a mistake, everyone will see. O_o Of course, you are used to making white costumes...unlike I am. I hide in the shadows of dark-colored cosplays...where anomalies are not noticed. >^_^<
So anyway, easy or not, do a kickass job, because it's for Lida!
(And if you finish way ahead of time and are feeling bored, maybe you might wanna use your engineering prowress to figure out a collaspable coffin we could use for YURA-sama. I'm feeling a Croquette! group coming on. Or you can help me unlock the mysteries of GMGR...) :rolleyes:

For Lida, yes! I'll probably have the most difficulty with the hat....I should watch Ebay. x-x
But you'll do Yura-sama perfectly fine....you know more than enough to pull it off as awesome as you pull off everything else.

o.o Ohhh....I would love to do a Croquette......
...collapsible coffin....
Hehe...It'd be like the plans I had for making that cool breifcase from Kiddy Grade....

Ravyn
10-21-2003, 01:42 PM
I'd love to do an Aya Frontiers costume sometime! *_* It'll be fun, and I'm sure it's not that hard ^.^

mikcy
10-21-2003, 10:05 PM
I love love love PLC's frontier outfits. Especially how Yura looks and Daishi looks so cute. XP

Yui
10-23-2003, 05:48 AM
Though I'm concentrating now on the Frontiers group, if anyone does want to get a Croquette! (um, I mean...Saikoro Korokke) group for AX or after, I can probably fit that in for next year. Though I naturally lean towards Lida or YURA-sama, I'm willing to do any of those costumes, actually, so I can be a filler if needed.
Otherwise, must keep plugging away at the three costumes I've already started...and quick before they come up with some new ones to tempt me...or I really have to quit all other cosplay for a year and just do them. O_o

TheLoneWolf
10-25-2003, 07:53 PM
http://www.notreadytorun.net/psycho012tag.jpg
Daishi's Frilly Boot Cover-thingies. Suggestions on how to make them?

XJhideSB
10-26-2003, 12:33 PM
Frontiers is so cool! I just started work on seek's Frontiers costume today. I'll probably only be able to take it to AX though, because of the head. Maybe I can find a way to take it to ACEN or another con if I can figure out how to make the head work out nice. I also started working on seek's Prism costume a few days ago too. I made a frame for the mask, and it looks really good. Now I just need to figure out what to put over the frames O_o. I also made a frame for one of the feet, which looks okay too. And I have the necklace about half done for it now. Then after those two are finished, I am going to do AnU seek. And depending on if I can lose some weight before a con, I might do GMGR seek, since I have some ideas for his mask already. If anyone needs any of those seeks for a con, let me know and maybe I will be able to go to it ^_^.

UtenaOhtori
10-26-2003, 01:35 PM
http://www.notreadytorun.net/psycho012tag.jpg
Daishi's Frilly Boot Cover-thingies. Suggestions on how to make them?

Hope this can help you, saw them live last August and the covers are attached at the pants, made of some lightly shiny material (supposedly lace or the like) and the frillyness is given by the fact that the cloth is drawn together by the golden stripes, and it looked like it had some sort of steel inside the lower border. Man is it difficult to explain it in English sorry^^;;;
By the way, it's good to know there are other Frontiers cosplayers around, I thought I was the only crazy one around making Yura-sama's outfit! ^-^

Yui
10-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Yo, Malik ~ Kyle (Recca-kun) is making that DAISHI, too, so be sure to ask (not -bug-) him about it if you get stuck. Even tho YURA-sama technically has the same boot covers, I haven't started working on them yet, but I can give you tips when I do.
...Except you guys get white snakeskin boots, no fair...

And Dustin, if you guys come to ACen, you can mail me any props/heads/big stuff you can't get on the plane and I'll drive it to the hotel for you, okay? I'm not exactly sure what groupage will be going on for ACen, but I'll let you know when it gets closer. (Even tho my ACen schedule's packed already, there's no way I won't use at least one Psycho cosplay. ^_-)

Ayaka
10-27-2003, 09:11 PM
I haven't stuck my head in here in a while . . . heheh.

Anyway, yeah, Frontiers is much more complex than it looks. They're not *insane* costumes, but they are relatively difficult. Just as a warning before anyone starts one, so they know what they're getting into. :3 (Not to discourage you though!) White on white hides a lot of the details, but once you look closely at a better image . . . heheh.

I am aiming to have Frontiers Aya for Katsucon; and now I can be in the soccer game! :D

And hey, I only need help with the Prism Seek mask, you don't actually have to make it *for* me, lol. You've got plenty to do without making costumes for other people XD And there's gonna be another Prism Seek? Awesome. Should I switch to maximize Psycho cosplay? :3

UtenaOhtori - You saw them live? *jealous* That must have been so cool ^^

XJhideSB
10-27-2003, 11:34 PM
Thanks Yui! That would be a great help. I went out and bought a bunch of material for seek's Frontiers costume today, and I am going to try to have it done by Friday. As for Prism seek, I need some help with the mask too. I already have a really good frame made for it, but I need to ask Yui a bunch of questions about it and some other stuff. I'll be at Acen and AX for sure this year, and I will have at least 3 seeks done by Acen. I got a bunch of material for seek's accessories for Prism today too. I am not going to start working on the main top and bottom parts until I get some money for them. But I have started work on his feet! I think that I will have this one down to almost perfection before X-Mas ^_^.

Yui, I know that you are really busy, and lots of people bother you, but if there is any time when you can get on AIM to help me out for a few minutes so I can finish my mask, that would be so great! Thanks again ^_^.

UtenaOhtori
10-28-2003, 12:47 PM
Anyway, yeah, Frontiers is much more complex than it looks. They're not *insane* costumes, but they are relatively difficult. White on white hides a lot of the details, but once you look closely at a better image . . . heheh.

Completely agree with you Ayaka, white on white has a lot of hidden details that are difficult to find and difficult to get how they are made =________=;;;

UtenaOhtori - You saw them live? *jealous* That must have been so cool ^^

It was cool, yes, but not as cool as I thought...I mean, they act great onstage and do a lot of funny stuff, but I suppose that without Yura-sama and Seek they would be just....well....normal...the two leads most of the action, at one point I almost forgot there were other three members on stage^^;;;
But musically speaking they are great, very nice artists!! Yura's drumming is very strong, I think he's the best among them ^_______^

By the way, does anybody know of any site where I can find pictures of their Black Frontiers outfits? On the cd there are only small ones and at the live I couldn't get all the details =__________=;;

Yui
10-28-2003, 10:24 PM
I'm usually not in a position to just sit on AIM (cuz most times I'm sneaking on and off the interent...heheh) - but I am going to be specifically on Sunday nights for helping with cosplay tips and stuff. So yeah, feel free to bug me when you see me on. If a bunch of people need help all at once, we can even have a support chat or something like that.

hahaha...I might just get my little race of seeks, it's looking like. :giddy:

And yeah! We need the dark Frontiers outfits! Not like I should be tempted with anything else myself...but we need better refs anyway. I really need some clones and the ability to pause time. XD

Saeru
10-29-2003, 12:08 PM
That...would be infinately helpful...then we could get all these crazy outfits done!

Ayaka sent me some Psycho Music vids, and I can't get them out of my head. x-x It makes me want to get a group together and just do nothing but psycho...be THE psycho group...
I really want to do Merry Go Round now.
Gah. Yura is so...vibrant.
But I really like Lida's and Daishi's outfits, too...
I could do any of them, from any set...

*is enthused*

Lilli
10-29-2003, 03:12 PM
*coughs quietly and continues the search for good reference photos of Prism Aya*

XJhideSB
10-29-2003, 05:41 PM
Saeru, you should really do a Daishi GMGR costume. I have seen your engineering skills with your Clover costume at ACEN, and I think you could make one rocking arm for that! Maybe then I would have a reason to make a GMGR seek by this year's ACEN then.

Saeru
10-29-2003, 06:29 PM
XJ- Ah, thankyou. ^^
I would totally love to construct that arm...

This is really funny, too, because I'm an electrical engineer, not a mechanical engineer, and everything I've been doing so far in costuming is mechanical...^^;
But that'll change!
Soon I'll have stuff that lights up and is portable...maybe even sound effects. *evil laughter*

But, back on topic...
That would totally be awesome if we got together a Merry Go Round group...
I've never seen it done...
though Yui probably has. ^^;

I wouldn't have it done by this acen though. *sigh* I've already got a list of five costumes I have to do...(though one is just needing repairs)
However...this is something I think I -will- do...
if we can find other people willing to do it too. ^^

Yui
10-29-2003, 09:47 PM
Lilli, I thought I gave you the pics before. Speak up, yo, if I'm being forgetful. Ayaka and Saeru, I'll get you some refs, too.

I actually have never seen a GMGR group. So far just seen one seek. Um, but there will be one someday - complete with an alien bug or two! ^_-

Lilli
10-30-2003, 10:48 AM
^^; I've got a ton of great Prism Aya reference photos...

On my computer at home...

Which has been DEAD for like 3 months now...

T_T *sniffles* I really should get my poor baby fixed... soon... rar.

Saeru
10-30-2003, 05:49 PM
YES! Go obscure cosplay!!

Though I've been talked by Ayaka into doing Lida for GMGR instead...
(though I suppose Yui always gets first dibs on Lida, ne?)

Saeru
10-30-2003, 05:50 PM
Lilli : ;_; You have all the luck that isn't good, don't you?

*condolances to dead computer*

Yui
10-30-2003, 07:24 PM
Dude, Saeru, I'm not calling Lida. XD Just very very few other people ever wanna do him. It would make me very happy to see more Lidas around...and you'd do an awesome job, too! :D Especially because his GMGR outfit baffles me, to be honest, so I don't think I could actually contruct it anytime soon.
(mrrr...and...mumblemumble...and I'm already working on YURA-sama for GMGR anyway, thought I told ya at Kaze....mumblemrrr....no promises on when that'll be done, tho! we are all insane...)

Eep, and Lilli! I'm stupid and forgot about your poor comp. ;_; Do you want be to mail you some nice color copies? I don't mind at all.

nuriko001
10-30-2003, 07:49 PM
wha.. you not doing lida for geki? but you're soo goood ne..
you can make ANYTING!!

tehhehe..

BUT. nah.. lida's costumes are coo:P.. why wouldn't people want to cosplay im? i'm just not found of his makeup:P tehehehe.. but meh:)

Saeru
10-31-2003, 01:28 PM
Yeah...Lida does have cool costumes. It took me a bit to get over his makeup, as well, but now I'm rather fond of it.

I should have my Fronteirs Lida done by Acen...

MGR will have to wait until after that. ^^;

But thanks, Yui, for clarifying.
It looks like we just might end up with an eventual MGR group, after all. Ayaka told me about someone wanting to do their Daishi...and I'm willing to do the Lida....and you're doing Yura, and XJ seems interested in a seek....
now all we have to do is convince Ayaka to do yet another Aya. ^^

XJhideSB
10-31-2003, 03:14 PM
Hehehe, that would be really cool if we got a GMGR group. It sound like we wouldn't do it until later 2004 or 2005 though, but that is fine. I have been working out recently so I am not a chunky seek. I gotta be in top shape to do his GMGR costume. And I guess I am going to have to shave my arms and legs... but it is worth it for a kick ass Psycho group!

Lilli
11-01-2003, 10:47 PM
Nah, don't worry about it, Yui. Thanks tho for offering and such :3

I think I'll send away to Dell for a recovery disc, since I really can't find mine ^^; That should help me fix things enough to at least be able to access my data, until I get a new hard drive.

Edit: XD Btw, Lida has really cool costumes! And I like his makeup T_T And the orange hair XD Plus he's just a cute little bundle of pervert. I'm surprised there aren't more Lida cosplayers. Then again, most of the PLC cosplays I've seen tend to be either Aya or Yura anyway, I guess :/

Dahlia
11-04-2003, 10:20 AM
I'm usually not in a position to just sit on AIM (cuz most times I'm sneaking on and off the interent...heheh) - but I am going to be specifically on Sunday nights for helping with cosplay tips and stuff. So yeah, feel free to bug me when you see me on. If a bunch of people need help all at once, we can even have a support chat or something like that.

hahaha...I might just get my little race of seeks, it's looking like. :giddy:

And yeah! We need the dark Frontiers outfits! Not like I should be tempted with anything else myself...but we need better refs anyway. I really need some clones and the ability to pause time. XD

There's dark frontiers outfits?! Damn if anyone can get good reference pics I'd be up for it. As long as no one is hung up on accurate height (being I'm 5'7) I'll do who ever is needed. ^_^ so great to see so many people getting into PLC cosplay now. I actually have a Yura and Aya wig but never cosplayed either. *L* Never had time but now I'll make time to cosplay any of them.

Dahlia
11-04-2003, 11:56 AM
Okies hopefully someone on here can help me out. I know there where reference pics for this set seen in magazines back in the day. I remember seeing Seek's and Yura's. Does anyone know what magazine they were featured in or have these pics online? I could really use them. ^___^ Thanks in advance for any help.

Yui
11-04-2003, 06:30 PM
When we say their dark outfits, we mean the 'flip side' Frontiers ones. I'm not sure of the real term for them yet....it's basically the other new outfits (sorta) featured in the Frontiers album booklets.

So hard-core...aren't they cute?
(Sorry, this is a bad scan...but, yes, YURA-sama is wearing a top hat and seek's hairhorns are ~floopy~ ^o^)

UtenaOhtori
11-04-2003, 11:37 PM
When we say their dark outfits, we mean the 'flip side' Frontiers ones. I'm not sure of the real term for them yet....it's basically the other new outfits (sorta) featured in the Frontiers album booklets.

(Sorry, this is a bad scan...but, yes, YURA-sama is wearing a top hat and seek's hairhorns are ~floopy~ ^o^)

Yui thank you sooo much!!! ^-^
Now I have a new Yura cos to work on...*goes back to sew*

XJhideSB
11-05-2003, 12:12 AM

Ok... that seek costume may even be a little to weird for even me. But if there is going to be a group at some con, then maybe I would consider it.

Yui
11-05-2003, 02:59 AM
Well, consulting my secret List of Future PLC Cosplayers, no one is aiming to organize a dark Frontiers -group-...yet. It'll probably change though as soon as more refs become available.
Lida looks so ridiculous....that 'cute little bundle of pervert' :heart:

Oh, and Dahlia, I have a few Doppelganger pics already uploaded. (Are we talking school Doppelganger or fun Doppelganger?) And I can scan the CD booklet if you need those, too.
...And, if you still need more refs, I have....erm, some secret meat in the back.

Saeru
11-05-2003, 01:50 PM
Yay for more Yura cosplayers!

The dark fronteirs really scare me...
All of them.
but if theres ever a group, let me know. I guess I could just continue my current Lida trend. (geeze, I never expected to end up doing Lidas, yet thats all I seem to be doing.)

Dahlia
11-05-2003, 06:06 PM
Well, consulting my secret List of Future PLC Cosplayers, no one is aiming to organize a dark Frontiers -group-...yet. It'll probably change though as soon as more refs become available.
Lida looks so ridiculous....that 'cute little bundle of pervert' :heart:

Oh, and Dahlia, I have a few Doppelganger pics already uploaded. (Are we talking school Doppelganger or fun Doppelganger?) And I can scan the CD booklet if you need those, too.
...And, if you still need more refs, I have....erm, some secret meat in the back.

I'd so be up for doing a Dark Frontiers group, um I'll put dibs on Aya. Though the outfit is a bit uninteresting to me so if no one would mind I'd probably enhance it a bit so it didn't end up looking too normal and more PLC like. =D I see a taker for Lida now we just need a Daishi, Yura and Seek. Dark vs. Light Now there's a soccer game for you. *L*

Yui, I'm talking about fun Doppelganger aka. Purple Prince, Pink Clown etc. So I need like some heavy duty ref. so I can try and be as accurate as fabrics and resources around me allow it. Anybody else interested in doing Doppelganger? I was shooting for Yura for this one. I'm also considering the ones I think are from Arcadia? All I know is Daishi is in red, aya is in white like a lil' devil, Yura is a peacock and Seek is in black vinyl.

(LOL@ comment about secret meat in the back. batabara)

XJhideSB
11-05-2003, 09:00 PM
Lol, I guess I will do that seek too then. Although Lida's costume is pretty cool too... I'll stick with my seek trend for the time being though. By the way... has anyone looked at seek's left knee in that picture? What the heck is up with that? It looks like he has 2 knee caps! And is that a plunger in his hand? I hope those aren't poo stains all over him. O_o

Lilli
11-06-2003, 01:17 PM
It's sad. I'm in love with YURA's dark frontiers costume.

...I think I'd have to practice Karisu-sama's magical man-chest taping techniques if I ever wanted to cosplay it, though.

._.; I wonder if I'd get arrested. "NO FRONTAL NUDITY!"
Example: What are you doing with those handcuffs? No! WAIT! Everything is covered... I'M TAAAAAPED! *sobs*

LOL, I'm glad to see Yui likes my description of Lida ^-~ Accurate, no?

Edit: btw... Everyone who thinks Lida looks like a cross between a Sith and a Saiyan in that ('dark frontiers') photo, raise your hands ¬.¬; Yeah, that's what I thought XD

Dahlia
11-06-2003, 01:32 PM
It's sad. I'm in love with YURA's dark frontiers costume.

...I think I'd have to practice Karisu-sama's magical man-chest taping techniques if I ever wanted to cosplay it, though.

._.; I wonder if I'd get arrested. "NO FRONTAL NUDITY!"
Example: What are you doing with those handcuffs? No! WAIT! Everything is covered... I'M TAAAAAPED! *sobs*

LOL, I'm glad to see Yui likes my description of Lida ^-~ Accurate, no?

Edit: btw... Everyone who thinks Lida looks like a cross between a Sith and a Saiyan in that ('dark frontiers') photo, raise your hands ¬.¬; Yeah, that's what I thought XD

Whoo Hoo yes Lilli do Dark Frontiers Yura! Now all we'd need is Daishi and will be set. We need to plan a con for this as well. I definitely won't be at katsu. ^_^o So Yura is shirtless eh, I thought so but couldn't tell too well with the long loose curls in the way.

I def. agree with you, Lida reminded me of Darth Maul with hair. XD

Lilli
11-06-2003, 02:13 PM
Hehe, Dahlia I'd do it hardcore and go shirtless. I've been keeping up as best I can with the binding thread over in the crossplay forum, and I'm intrigued with the concept of manly unchests now, and wish to obtain one for myself. Yura's costume is perfect for it ^-~ I'm sure that as I continue slimming down, that my chest will also get a bit smaller. Which will make me sad on some levels, but it will make it easier to tape 'em down for crossplay, wheee XD

o.o I'll definitely be at Katsu. I dun think Yui or myself would have room for this cosplay though, hehe. Yui? Unless you want to cut out Prism and do this instead. I'm game, either way.

But yaaaay. I'd love to crossplay as Yura. I could run around, saying

"Yura-sama de gozaimasu! Minnasan, boku ni, koi wo shitemasu ka?"
And all of you should answer 'Sonna anata ni nageki-suu~'

o.o Because he is the Sexy Man-Beast Yura, and we all sigh for him, wether or not we know it XD

*not really, but whee XD*

Yui
11-06-2003, 06:10 PM
Wait, am -I- doing something from Dark Frontiers/Mind Core? O_o

Yes, YURA-sama -is- shirtless and he's got a big ol' X slashed across his chest. (As noted before, he's very much a Yoshiki/GGX Johnny hybrid there ^_-) And yeah...I was trying to be polite and was calling Lida a tora-youkai, but...Saiyen-Sith is probably a closer match, huh? And seek I think does have a plunger. ^_^; I thought it was a foil at first, but no, it does seem more plunger-y. I can't comment on the odd....um 'stains' on him.
But finding a willing DAISHI's easy! Lilli, just hop on over to Kyle's, bleach his hair, paint some eyes on a pair of gloves, and instruct him to kneel down. There, done. ^o^

Yui
11-06-2003, 06:28 PM
Yui, I'm talking about fun Doppelganger aka. Purple Prince, Pink Clown etc. So I need like some heavy duty ref. so I can try and be as accurate as fabrics and resources around me allow it. Anybody else interested in doing Doppelganger? I was shooting for Yura for this one. I'm also considering the ones I think are from Arcadia? All I know is Daishi is in red, aya is in white like a lil' devil, Yura is a peacock and Seek is in black vinyl.

(LOL@ comment about secret meat in the back. batabara)

I shall deliver the meat to you then. Please stand by. Also, you may want to talk to Di about the YURA costume and how mush a pain it is to wear, appearantly. ^_^; Um, someday, I wouldn't mind trying 'Heaven Wings' ( cheesy Lida XD ) but I can probably say for certain it won't be 2004. Unless...there's like a Doppelganger emergency, and I'm drafted into battle...? (I think people have got to stop asking me to group with them. Because, of course, I'm going to say yes to any Psycho suggestion.)

The Arcadia you speak of is Genzai (the Present). For this I know there is one serious interst out there for that AYA, and no one else has mentioned anything else of it yet. I will tell you know that I will not be that Lida, so don't ask. X.x I'd very much consider that seek (I have a feeling that if I only do one seek costume in my life, it'll probably be that one), but I wouldn't mind YURA-sama either. But...! Stop tempting me. X___X

:goes and hides in a secret mountain retreat filled with vinyl: No one let me come out until FRONTIERS YURA-sama and Arcadia-Future/MEGATRON Lida are done. XP

Lilli
11-07-2003, 06:53 AM
Hehe, it's probably only a matter of time until you do something from Dark Frontiers/Mind Core ^-~

Let's be honest with ourselves, hehe XD

O.o I didn't see that Yura's got a great big X slashed across his chest. o.o I'll have to go to Yui's ftp of DOOM and see if you've got any more reference pics up. If not, maybe I can bug you to email me a few ^-~ Domoooooo.

Saeru
11-07-2003, 11:53 AM
Gah! I'm starting to fall victim to that psycho "gotta do em all" craze. >.<

Theres too many good things suggested....but when are we doing what officially?

And whereis this binding thread? o.o

Lilli
11-07-2003, 01:12 PM
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=15709 It's so useful that they've made it a sticky, whee :3

I recommend actually going through every page, and not skipping ^-~ I was tempted to, but at the end was glad I didn't.

Several binding methods were discussed, including one where you sort of... tape them up, and back, leaving the front of your chest bare. I think mine are a tad too big to go as flat as the b-cup girls, but I still feel confident that I can tape myself to a relatively manly degree of flatness!

...And then maybe tack the costume to the tape somehow, so it dosn't flap too far, and cause any possible controversies ^^;;;

Saeru
11-07-2003, 09:56 PM
o.o....wow.
Now we really get to confuse people at cons....

Thankyou, Lilli. ^^

Ayaka
11-12-2003, 12:29 AM
*pokes thread*

Just wanted to let people know, I'm hitting a fabric store (out of town for me) which I've found to have a great selection. So I'll be asking for their assistance in finding accurate Frontiers Aya lace, so if I find some, I'll try to get enough to supply some other people too. :3 They also have a large stretch vinyl selection and do mail order, so I'll post some pics of the assorted colors (since there's a good bit of vinyl in PlC cosplay!). Neways, I hope that I shall have good news on the front of fabric for PlC cosplay!

XJhideSB
11-12-2003, 03:44 AM
Cool! That would be so cool if you could post some pics of the vinyl that they have. I need some for some costumes, but there are no places even remotely close to me that carry any.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has actually started work on anymore PLC costumes yet, and if so, how are they coming? I started work on my Prism seek not too long ago, and I almost have all of the accessories done ^_^. I'll have to post some pics if I can ever find the charger for my digital camera. The only thing left for me to do is put the staps on the mask, but I'm not quite sure what to use for them yet. I was thinking vinyl, since that would probably be easiest and best, but once again, I have none available to me.

Saeru
11-12-2003, 11:43 AM
Ah, Ayaka...that would be lovely indeed. So very nice of you, too. ^^

I'll be doing Frontiers...need to start working on it...
and, I think...my major costume for this year...I'd like to have be MGR Lida...
since I don't have anything big and impressive planned yet.

Cat-chan
11-12-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm completely new to posting on these forums, but I just had to comment here ^_^

I'm planning on doing Yura-sama's Frontiers outfit. It's really beautiful... but now I see that it's pretty popular *_* So that's intimidating... But! I've almost got my friend convinced to do yeti-seek! Heehee!

Oh, and I saw that someone was trying to figure out the Gekiai Merry Go Round para-para... I finally did (the beginning part is hard!) but you can't do it from the PV alone. There's a live performance floating around out there. I think it's from Utaban if I recall correctly. Aya and Yura-sama are doing the same para-para in that as in the PV. They're not visible the whole time, though, in the performance, so you still have to use the PV and go back and forth between the two to get it all down. A lot of it repeats ^_^

Yeah, I like them a lot... fweeee ^^

Skoog-chan
11-12-2003, 05:06 PM
gahhhhhhhhh this is the second time i've screwed up a post THIS IS TOO HARD!!!!

Ayaka
11-12-2003, 10:13 PM
I've been trying to learn the GMGR para-para (I do have the live), but I think I'm para-para-impaired, lol. Just out of curiousity, are they using combinations of set moves that you would know if you were a paralist (correct term?)?

I haven't exactly started my costumes . . . I have patterns pieced together for Frontiers Aya, but I've been waiting on finding the right fabric. Same with Prism Seek, those are the two I'm "officially" working on for now. :3 I'd love to see pics of your accessories! It looks like the straps on Seek's mask are probably leather; I'm probably going to try and use leather on mine since I know of a place where I can get relatively cheap leather remnants. But if you can't get vinyl, I wonder if upholstery vinyl would work for you? Just for the straps, I mean.
I got my Psycho le Cemu B-Pass Special photo book today! I'll try to post again later tonight with some "highlights" scans. The DVD is really funny too, I *will* find a way to screencap that for those who are looking for Mindcore references. There are some in the book as well, but they're quite small. You actually see them looking at a big glossy photobook of just the Mindcore costumes (looks gorgeous! *drool*). So there IS one out there, keep your eyes open!

I think when we get a group of PlC cosplayers in one place, we must find someone with a video camera and see which of their silly games we can duplicate. (Since, say, Twister doesn't take up as much space at a con as soccer XD )

nuriko001
11-12-2003, 10:34 PM
HAHA YOU GOT IT TOO HAHAHAH Isn't it the bomb!! HAHAHAHAH lida with the strength gripper is the funniest thing..

XJhideSB
11-12-2003, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I wanted to use leather at first, but then it came to that promblem again of me not being able to get any -_-. Stupid stupid stupid fabric stores!

Ayaka
11-13-2003, 01:15 AM
Ahah, the evil of the book has compelled me to make a new avatar, in my grand tradition on this board of having scary avatars. X3 (I don't think I've ever had a normal one.)

Did you try online? There's a bunch of stores, like Tandy Leather, I know they come well-recommended. Though I know some people don't buy online for various reasons. I'd offer to get you some leather, but I'm not sure when I'll be going into the city to the fabric store that carries it. (It is garment-quality and really flexible, not like the craft stuff at places like Hobby Lobby.)

I put up a couple of scans. I always hate seeing too many from any book, because it sort of seems like a "spoiler" . . . maybe it's just me that's weird that way. ^^;

http://www.exitrance.com/exitrance/plc/mascotedit.jpg - sorry about the seam, this is a two-page spread
http://www.exitrance.com/exitrance/plc/lidadrink.jpg - poor Lida drinks alone
http://www.exitrance.com/exitrance/plc/daishipalm.jpg - Daishi getting his "palm" read
http://www.exitrance.com/exitrance/plc/captionthis.jpg - I want to do a caption contest with this!
http://www.exitrance.com/exitrance/plc/groupweird.jpg - SOMEONE needs to have an avatar of Yura like this! *roflmao* I didn't do it cause I'm not really cosplaying Yura, didn't want to confuse anyone (more than I would anyway). XD

XJhideSB
11-13-2003, 03:39 AM
Nope, I havn't tried online yet, since I don't know where to look really. This is the first costume that I am making myself, so there are lots of things I need to learn.

Those pictures are so cool! Are those from that book that keeps going up on ebay? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3361514728&category=2328 that one? I might have to get that now. I need some good quality pics of seek's costume, so I can figure out what color everything is. Everything looks different in the video and in the pictures I have on my computer, so I am waiting until I can figure all of that out to paint the stuff.

O_o. I should be about done with my mask by Saturday, except for painting it, and the straps of course. The only thing that I have to do now is attatch the nose to it, and cut some of the rough edges. It fits on my face perfectly. I am so proud of it ^_^. I think I am going to get a new charger for my digital camera soon, so I can post pictures of it, and some of the other parts of his costume that I have done, hopefully before Monday.

By the way Ayaka, what con are you planning on wearing your Prism seek costume at? It would so cool if we got a Prism photoshoot together with anyone who is doing one (that means you too Yui). I know that I am going to Acen and AX this year for sure. I want to go to Otakon, but I don't know if I am going to have the money for it or not.

Lilli
11-13-2003, 09:09 AM
<3 Yura is glomping his mascot thingie/person in a bear suit, omg it's too cute XD

They're all such happy goofballs!

Saeru
11-13-2003, 11:47 AM
caption: You take the high road and I'll take the low road, and I'll be in scotland befoooore yooou.

Ayaka
11-13-2003, 02:02 PM
Yes, that's the book on eBay. Most of the pictures are not full color, but are small and blue and white, so it's not great on costume references (though it's of some help). I'll do high-rez scans of the pics of Prism Seek in there, there aren't many . . . I assume you've already got the three from Yui's book? Did you see the Utaban interview clip?

I'm the one Yui is helping do Prism Seek, unless she's decided to do it as well. X3 This isn't quite the video she wanted an army of Seeks from (lol but I can't help with GMGR Seek, it's a bit too shirtless for a crossplay). I will most definitely be at ACen and at AX . . . I think Seek will be done by ACen, I hope that's not wishful thinking.

Lilli - Yeah, I wish I could have gotten a better scan of that pic, it's so adorable! *wants to take Yura-sama home and love him and squeeze him and --- END ANIMANIACS REFERENCE*

ChocoKyo666
11-13-2003, 06:44 PM
umm..hi..umm i really wanna cosplay Roman Hikou AYA or Yura-sama since i keep watch the PV over and over and over and over agiain XD and i have no clue where or how to make the patch they wear and i need WAY better pics that i have @_@;;^_^; if anyone can help me i really appreciate it ^___^

nuriko001
11-13-2003, 07:51 PM
cospa has pics of roman hikou.. 360 degree.. unless they took it offf..

Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
11-13-2003, 08:42 PM
oh my god! ayaka, i love ur avatar! hahaa

XJhideSB
11-13-2003, 09:21 PM
Thank you so much. Those scans will be really helpful. I had the utaban video a while ago, but I had to wipe my hard drive, and I havn't been able to get it back yet. It's too bad we aren't really an army of seeks, even though it isn't the right video. Seeing like 6 Prism seeks at once would be so cool. As far as I know, we are going to be the first people to do Prism seek (at least in America).

Lilli
11-14-2003, 10:45 AM
o.o *may just need therapy, after this is all through*

Yui
11-14-2003, 06:33 PM
Hey, that's why Ayaka dumped that stack of anime on me to watch....so she could hijack the Psycho thread! >^_-< Well, quick while she's gone...heheh.

Um, it looks like Ayaka's secret meat has arrived before my own, so you guys get to continue to bug her for scans. (Editorial comment: And yes, on eBay, it is being sold by the seller who takes a very long time to send, is hard to communicate with, and charges insane shipping -- but if you can't find the book anywhere else, it might be worth it. I've never noticed PVBPS books anywhere outside the rare appearance in the dealers' room. So that would mean bugging House of Anime....or rather JpopHouse, and that's not much of a trade-off. /End Commentary)

Games besides soccer...um, Twister might get dangerous. O_o Ring toss'll be easy. Um....we can't really 'play' calligraphy.

Yui
11-14-2003, 06:46 PM
I've been trying to learn the GMGR para-para (I do have the live), but I think I'm para-para-impaired, lol. Just out of curiousity, are they using combinations of set moves that you would know if you were a paralist (correct term?)?

...yeah, I can para one-handed. As soon as they introduce *two* hands is when I trip over myself. ^_^; Okay, but people with mad skillz can probably piece it together. As far as videos go, there are actually two live performances, the TV version of the PV and the original cool version of the PV that came with the Ai no Uta single. They are using combinations (so it tends to match repetitions in the music) - but they've really made up their own moves, at least comparing them to the 7 collections of PP All-Stars videos I've been subjected to, Psycho dance seems extremely different. I don't recognize one standard move in their choerography.

Yui
11-14-2003, 06:55 PM
umm..hi..umm i really wanna cosplay Roman Hikou AYA or Yura-sama since i keep watch the PV over and over and over and over agiain XD and i have no clue where or how to make the patch they wear and i need WAY better pics that i have @_@;;^_^; if anyone can help me i really appreciate it ^___^

Yeah, their logo keep getting more and more complex....er, whatever it's supposed to be, anyway. To make the pattern, you'll probably need the flat graphic of it rather than a photo of it (like in the single's booklet - do you need a scan of that?)
So far, I've seen it painted over a traced outline and also printed on iron-on paper...and both looked pretty good for not being embroidered.
If you feel like spending Y1200 a piece though, you can buy the real patches from Cospa

Lilli
11-14-2003, 07:09 PM
o.o Maybe as a variation on the Calligraphy, we could take turns blindfolding those of us who aren't wearing insane amounts of makeup, and draw things blindfolded? XD Simple things. Kitty faces, apples, eiffel towers, detailed skeletal diagrams. That kind of thing XD

XJhideSB
11-14-2003, 07:14 PM
o.o Maybe as a variation on the Calligraphy, we could take turns blindfolding those of us who aren't wearing insane amounts of makeup, and draw things blindfolded? XD Simple things. Kitty faces, apples, eiffel towers, detailed skeletal diagrams. That kind of thing XD

I guess that excludes me in any of my costumes. I still gotta find a good body paint that won't come off on people.

As for the para para, I think Jen figured it out a while ago. I remember her coming in my room and dancing whenever I listened to GMGR. So maybe she could teach it to you guys if she still knows it.

I was looking around on J-Pop House yesterday, and I saw a new magazine that I think may have some pictures of their dark costumes. The cover had both light and dark on it, and the picture was different from the one Yui has, so maybe it will have some good shot of them!

Lilli
11-14-2003, 07:41 PM
Gyarrr, maybe we can um... use eyepatches? ^^; Or um... you can close your eyes and turn your head? LOL. Blah. *thinks* twwiiiissterrr...

:3 Pin The Tail On The Fanboy? 'Come back! We just want to play with yooouu! <3 '

Saeru
11-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Well, at least as J-rockers, we could disguise the ink spills on our clothing as "style."

Ayaka
11-16-2003, 06:13 PM
^^;;; I didn't mean to hijack the thread!

Maybe said eBay seller was being nice to me since I'd never bought from him before? lol.

Fabric store was a bust; I could NOT get anyone who had any clue what they were doing to help me. >< Tried to ask about specific things, got answers like "well the lace is over there, we have a lot . . ." Grr. I'm going to try every Chicago resource I know instead. T_T

Eh, anything else I was going to say I am now completely blanking on. O_O Long car ride = shot brain. ^^;;;

HowlinMadMurphy
11-20-2003, 08:11 PM
I'm new to the PLC phenom... I downloaded the Roman Hikou video, and fell in love with them (Yura and Lida are my favorites). Not just the look, which is a biggie for me, but from the few tracks I have, their music is pretty good too! (Unlike some other jbands that are insanely popular.)
Unfortunately, I'm having an extremely hard time finding any other media. I desperately want to do one of their costumes (and make one for my boyfriend), they are all so amazing (I just have to decide what member I look most like, which is hard when you're not asian.) Is there a site with decent images of their different looks out there?

Sorry for the parenthesis overkill :D

Edit: This is the best I've found thus far-- http://www.zellsdomain.homestead.com/PLC.html

hyde
11-20-2003, 09:08 PM
Hi, I know this is a stupid question. But do any of you know what that site was (Japanese) where they sell the outfits of Roman Hikkou? I lost the URL months ago and now I'm searching for it. ^^;;;

Also, if you cosplayed DAISHI in RH, where/how did you make the cosplay. I know it's easy but I need some tips in case I screw it. ^^;;;; Thanks!!!

Cyber Wolf
11-20-2003, 09:11 PM
:o hyde, I didn't know you were doing RH Daishi too. Ooooo....

The site's www.cospa.com :D

HowlinMadMurphy
11-21-2003, 01:00 AM
Weeelll! It's been decided (Yes, already. I'm starting this weekend.) My boyfriend and I are cosplaying Gekiai Merry Go Round Daishi and Aya, respectively. I can't explain how hyped I am XDDDD

Can anyone help me with some nice reference pics? I have a few, but nothing of the back, really. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Can anyone point me to somewhere where I could get more videos? :[

XJhideSB
11-21-2003, 02:39 PM
Awesome! It looks like we have created another video group for PLC! I have some pictures of their GMGR outfits. I have a lot of Daishi, but only a few of Aya. I can e-mail them to you if you want. What con do you plan on wearing them to? I am going to be doing GMGR seek sometime during the summer I think. I know Yui was doing Yura, and I think Saeru is doing Lida. We need to get together and do a photoshoot at a con if we can.

By the way everyone, I think that I am getting a new charger for my camera sometime this weekend, so I can take some pictures of what I have so far for my Prism seek costume. I still havn't put the nose on the mask yet. I am just too lazy -_-. I have been working on the gloves, but they keep coming out pretty crappy. It's my first time sewing, so it is probably going to take me a while to get everything done. But right now I have most of the mask, the necklace, and the gloves done. I just need to paint the mask and necklace. But I still need to know what color they are. On my computer they look like a brownish gold or something. Can anyone with some good reference pics help me out so I can get that done? Thanks ^_^.

HowlinMadMurphy
11-21-2003, 05:08 PM
My email is howlinmadmurphy@yahoo.com .
I'm not sure what cons I'll be wearing them to, though. Definitely AX, and local type stuff. Posssibly Otakon if funds can be raised to fly us out there :]

Edit: I see that you're in AZ-- is there anything out there? Driving out to Arizona wouldn't be too horrible for the sake of an awesome PlC group :D

XJhideSB
11-21-2003, 05:45 PM
Cool, I will try to send you those pics sometime tonight. If not tonight, then definately tomorrow morning. I'll be at AX with about a bazillion costumes, and I will have my GMGR seek and a few others with me hopefully.

As for stuff in Arizona, it depends on what kind of stuff you are wondering about. There is a ton of stuff out here, especially in my area (near Phoenix). As for anime and J-Rock stuff, not a whole lot at the moment. I am trying to organize an anime convention out here, probably sometime in 2005. There is one really cool J-Rock thing out here though... My J-Rock cover band! Well, we still need a bassist and a vocalist until we are a full band, but we are hoping we can find someone soon. We are hoping that we can play at an anime convention in CA sometime, but who knows. You know how a lot of the anime fans despise J-Rock for some strange reason.

By the way, I think that I am the only PLC cosplayer in AZ. I think the rest are in CA and the Midwest.

HowlinMadMurphy
11-21-2003, 06:26 PM
I didn't mean stuff quite that generally. I meant like cons and shoots and the like :P I've been to Phoenix, so I know there's plenty of 'stuff'! XD
And thank you SO MUCH for the pics! They're great!
I myself am not a fan of some jrock bands because they (well, their music) suck(s) big time. But not being a fan doesn't mean I HATE the bands (or the cosplayers), by any means. Jrock has a lot of better costumes than most animes, IMO.

And good luck with the band! I'll be happy to be a groupie, if you're looking ;]
And do you guys think I should bind for Aya? :D

Ayaka
11-22-2003, 01:30 AM
HowlinMadMurphy: Aya IS a guy, so I'll be binding for him. XD Crazy, but still. However, in the GMGR pics he seems to have a little bit of . . . well, you know, padding. So if you're on the small side, I don't think you'd have to bind for that costume. . . IMHO of course. ^^;

I'm worried about my Prism Seek . . . I found ways to fake all his lip piercings, but I don't think I can do the eyebrow ones. I guess it would be okay to not do them, it is a small detail, but I'm kind of a perfectionist, heh. What do you guys think? Am I worrying too much?

Hide (what should I call you for short, lol): I don't know what pics you have. I'm guessing you have the ones from the Prism book (there's only really three) since that's what's in your avatar? I have screecaps from the Prism video and from the Utaban interview, I don't know whether that would be of any use to you. About the color of the mask, there's this stuff I've seen at hardware stores and the like. It's called rub-n-buff, and comes in a color called Antique Gold; I've seen armor methods that used it to age the look of very "bright" gold spray paint. I was thinking of giving that a shot to get the right color.

Kaede
11-22-2003, 08:41 AM
You can always cut a barbell in half and glue it in place. That's what a friend did anyways and it actually stayed on all day in con o.o

XJhideSB
11-22-2003, 09:42 AM
You can call me Dustin, or whatever you please. The only ones that I have are the 2 or 3 from Yui's FTP. Any pictures would be useful. The main thing that I am having problems with is that the mask looks like it is green or something in the video, but gold in the pictures. So I didn't know if something got adjusted in the scans or anything. Screen caps from the utaban video would probably help out a lot.

As for the piercings, I probably wouldn't worry about them. I know how it is being a perfectionist. But I don't think that they are going to matter that much in the end. People probably won't even be able to see them unless the are right next to you.

And thanks for the tip on that stuff. I'll have to check it out.

Oh yeah, and Murphy, there aren't really any photoshoots or anything out here. At least not that I know of. It's probably just best to wait for a con in CA sometime. And thanks for the support with my band. I think we just found a bassist (she used to play guitar, but is getting a bass for X-Mas maybe), so now all we need is someone who can sing. Anyone know of any people in AZ who like J-Rock and can sing?

Ayaka
11-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Kaede: Wow, that worked? What glue did they use, like prosthetics adhesive? I just figured it'd be too heavy. But hey, I'll try that! ^^ Thanks. (BTW, your avatar makes me happy. X3 )

Okay, I'm uploading all my Seek screencaps (I got a bit screecap happy, lol). They're not up right this second, but they will be a in few minutes; URL is http://www.exitrance.com/exitrance/seek .

Ah, I wish I lived in AZ, lol. :) I'm sure you'll find somebody though! If you have a LiveJournal, you might try asking on one of the j-rock communities there, there must be someone.

XJhideSB
11-22-2003, 02:51 PM
*sigh* I wish I could find someone too. I am hoping that this person will really get a bass. I had a bassist before, but his parents said that he couldn't be in it because he is failing like everything in school. We had like 3 different girls who offered to sing, which is all fine and dandy, until you remember that the lead singers of just about every single J-Rock band are guys. So it just wouldn't sound right. We might do some anime songs too, so then I guess we would have some use for female vocalists.

Thanks for uploading those pics for me. I will keep checking to see when they are up.

Ayaka
11-22-2003, 03:05 PM
Meep, I forgot to convert . . . some of them are .tiff, I hope that doesn't cause you problems. (I wondered why the file sizes were large. ><)

Yeah, I understand about wanting a guy . . . though, personally, I have a pretty low voice so it's not like I couldn't sing vocals that were originally male. (Some of those Japanese guys have high voices.) Anyway, I wouldn't rule out having a girl . . . maybe you could put an ad in the paper, heh. Even if they didn't know much about j-rock you could teach them to love it? lol.

Kaede
11-22-2003, 03:38 PM
Actually, he used hot glue ^^ he actually did his eyebrows like seek's so it didn't like rip off any hair though, which was very smart on his part.
your ava makes ME happy!

XJhideSB
11-22-2003, 05:25 PM
Thanks for putting up those pics. See what I mean though? In the utaban and PV it looks like a poopy green color. But in some of the photoshoots it looks like it is gold. I'll probably just go with the gold. I think that would probably look better than poopy green. XD

Hot glue!? Wouldn't that like... burn your skin? You could try using spirit gum. If you get the right kind, it can work really really good. I used some on a fake beard once, and it took me about 30 minutes to get it off of me. Make sure you bring some rubbing alcohol to get it off with though. That way it won't take forever, and you won't rip your skin off!

Ayaka
11-22-2003, 09:34 PM
Ahahah, I think hot gluing things to myself is a bit too hardcore cosplay for me, lol. I've had plenty of (accidental) hot glue burns, and don't especially enjoy them. o.o I have some spirit gum (and remover) already, so I'll try that out.

I think the mask looks greenish in some pics because the gold paint is fairly shiny, so it's reflecting the green color of his clothes. That would be my guess anyway.

Dahlia
11-23-2003, 06:30 PM
Well the next con I'm hitting is Ohayo-con and my sis and I are doing Roman Hikou Yura and Aya. Any other PLC cospers gonna be there? Also if anyone has done those school uniforms how did you go about the patches? I was thinking of having them professionally made. ^_^o